[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some university degrees that shouldn't exist besides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 26
File: 1459457009988.png (584 KB, 475x637) Image search: [Google]
1459457009988.png
584 KB, 475x637
What are some university degrees that shouldn't exist besides gender studies?
>>
>>70201819
Graphic design
>>
Latin American studies
>>
"Communication"
>>
>>70201819
Liberal arts
>>
Entire Humanities desu
>>
Engineering
>>
>>70202214
History is a Humanities subject
Typical roach trying to sensor history
>>
Philosophy.
Teacher training for sex education for the mentally disabled.
>>
>>70202494
>Teacher training for sex education for the mentally disabled
Sweden, YES!
>>
>>70201819

business

if you are too dumb for economics you don't deserve to handle money, also the entire curriculum could very well be crammed into a regular economics degree, the rest is lingo and etiquette whcih you learn in an internship

t. business major
>>
>>70201819
Visual Arts
>>
>>70202702
Agreed, and I have an MBA, it was a useless course. Jack of all trades master of none.
>>
>>70201945
GD is legit
>>
>>70201819
i'm actually triggered by this photo
>>
File: stalin and hitler look back.jpg (155 KB, 583x732) Image search: [Google]
stalin and hitler look back.jpg
155 KB, 583x732
>>70201819
>>
>>70202214
Are you a fucking retard?
Most universities started with only humanities like Latin.
>>
File: Untitleddsfa.png (662 KB, 1018x1018) Image search: [Google]
Untitleddsfa.png
662 KB, 1018x1018
>>70202823
communism/marxism does not equal feminism. its just an economic plan
>>
>>70202702
>the rest is lingo and etiquette whcih you learn in an internship

The real value of a business degree or an MBA program is networking. I went to a good school, and now I know people all around the country and in many countries doing cool things. I have a job, but if I didn't, it'd be easy to find one.

If you go to a shit school with crappy people, then yeah, it's a waste of time.
>>
>>70202702
I disagree. Business courses here are pretty useful, since they give you a basic understanding of the nightmarish bureucratic structure you will have to deal with later on.
But yes, they are basically economics degrees
>>
File: HmurW.png (536 KB, 900x734) Image search: [Google]
HmurW.png
536 KB, 900x734
>>70201819
same "guy" ?
>>
>>70203019
yeah
>>
File: tumblr_nbgt7qSErO1tu2x1io1_1280.jpg (178 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbgt7qSErO1tu2x1io1_1280.jpg
178 KB, 640x640
>>
>>70201945

I was a graphic design major in community college. Was such a fucking waste of time. Unless you want to fuck art skanks
>>
>>70201819
Any meme STEM degree
>>
>>70201819
I know it produces the worst kind of people, but I don't really see the problem with gender studies as a possible choice, conceptually
>>
>>70202702
What even is a business major? Here business/commerce is a degree and you major in something like accounting, finance, econ or marketing
>>
>>70201819
>degrees that should not exist
cause knowledge is bad
>>
>>70203170

RARE
A
R
E
>>
File: 26112375822_501bb18a16_o.jpg (430 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
26112375822_501bb18a16_o.jpg
430 KB, 1600x1067
>>70202975

I might be going for a Master's in Management in the fall , its check mark that federal government jobs wants to see. Any masters will do really, but this one is really affordable and is only 9-months long.

I'm not expecting to walk into senior level management and be making six figures, but I am hoping to get a decent internship or trainee position out of it since my BA hasn't done jack shit for me.

Plus I can always do an MBA in a few years and it would only take one year.
>>
>>70201819
They shouldn't exist in a massive way they do now at all.

It's THIS YEAR, and information is free and very easy to get. If a person wants to educate himself in a general broad way, he can read pretty much anything up for free, and if he needs lecturing, there are tons and tons of free courses.

So, we are left with specialization/qualification which gets you a job - and that should be it. Some courses focused entirely on that one field with an emphasis on practice should do the job.
More efficiency, way cheaper, less bullshit.

DEGREE is a modern meme which is useless on practice and works for JOOOOS to squeeze money of an entire generation, each generation.
>>
Post moar queer commies.
>>
>>70202365
Yeah, I studied engineering. Just inventing technology all day, waste of time when you can do art.
>>
>>70201819

Art - either you've got talent or you don't.
>>
>>70203311
And academia should be a hard to get in society for the people who want to dedicate their lives to science.
>>
>>70202076
>communication

this is the one degree that's a huge mystery to much.

how the fuck is communication a field of study?

Uh, answer the fucking phone? there. you learned communication.
>>
>>70203019
>guy
its girl you shitlord.
>>
>>70203419
I have no idea.
I just assume that this is the easy degree that rich girls get to legitimize the job they're gonna get at their dad's business.
>>
>>70203419
gets you a 40-50k a year job at a telecommunications company
>>
>>70203618
And what do you do there?
>>
>>70202909

yeah, business school is basically a massive pyramid scheme, you pay to get in with hopes of scoring an easy job down the line while learning useless shit along the way

I don't know how the world hasn't figured this out yet and got rid of 99% of managing positions

I guess it's just a testament of how shitty humans are that most people need someone watching them otherwise they won't work at all

>>70202975

business degrees here barely touch the bureaucratic nightmare, and not for lack of trying, it's just that bad (btw I had an entire course on 'getting cheap money from the government')

>>70203257

>you major in something like accounting, finance, econ or marketing

you see all those things and more but really shitty so you end up learning nothing
>>
>>70203645
communicate
>>
>>70203672
And you really need to spend 3-5 years to learn that?

I would imagine some courses, as I said above. For example, a hiring company organizes them and trains people. For a small fee (say, up to 10-15k). Hires the best ones. Where is the flaw?
>>
>>70203655
>I guess it's just a testament of how shitty humans are that most people need someone watching them otherwise they won't work at all

Man, if Marx had realized this the world would be a better place.
>>
>>70203381

people can learn and get better at art but it's kind of pointless because they'll always be overshadowed by the naturally talented artists. They'll never hold a candle to them. And in a field like art, people don't want amateurs. They're gonna go to the best of the best. But art sounds easy and fun so people go to art school. Mainly girls. And most of them fucking suck. I've seen it first hand.
>>
>>70203311
In all my years of business studies the best book I ever read was Management For Dummies.
>>
>>70201819
Gender studies
Black studies
Geography
Psychology
Sociology
Global Studies

In general, pretty much anything in the social "sciences" does not belong on a college campus.

College should be the domain of Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Chemistry, and Biology. There should be special schools for Law, Business, Finance, and Medicine.
>>
Specific cultural studies
Philosophy (added to sociology)
Literature (added to English)
Religious studies ( added to sociology, if you wish to be a priest your religion should offer the required training)
Environmental Engineering (engineering for retards)
Business admin: Human resources (should be a 2 year college course)
>>
>>70201819
Philosophy
>>
>>70204034
Things such as Philosophy and Literature can provide some good supplementary coursework.

It's a good idea for people who will likely be in leadership positions to have some sort of philosophical, literary background.
>>
>>70202887
An economic plan that takes a significant cultural shift to implement, hence Cultural Marxism.
>>
>>70204026
>psychology
there is no need for profilers for example

>sociology
there is no need for the economy to know how the social structures work and how to get knowledge about it, if you launch a new product for example

>geography
cause there is no need people research our history and no need to gain knowledge

you are just hilarious
>>
>>70201819
Humanistic and social are useless.
>>
>>70202823
needs a small laughing jew in the corner desu
>>
>>70204026
we need psychologists so someone can diagnose you with autism
>>
Gender Studies isn't a degree, is it? It just comes under Arts. At least in Australia it does.
>>
Most large organisations have a Media and Communications department. These departments manage:
- internal communication
- the interface between the organisation and the media
- the internal intranet site etc.
>>
>>70202392
>sensor history
>"sensor"
>>
>>70203257
From my understanding of the way US University works, they don't enroll in a course, they just enroll in a "Bachelors degree", and they do subjects that work towards a major, a business major being one.

I've also heard that their first year is like an extension of High School where you have a ton of required courses from varying different schools of the University.

For me I did a dual degree with majors in Accounting and Finance and a minor in Economics. In my first year I did a couple of generic business subjects and 1 required "communication" class. In my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years I didn't do anything that wasn't Accounting, Finance or Economics related.
>>
>>70204461
Also from talking to my two friends who studied business abroad in the US and all the American students I've talked to, US Uni content is much easier, but there is WAY more assessment.

Personally I'd probably prefer the US method, I actually did all the suggested work so If I could just get graded on that each week like It seems how it is in the US that would have been great.
>>
>>70203914

It's not even about being naturally talented at all (for Music, maybe), I think the main problem lies in the type of people art school attracts (both students and teachers). There is just no rigor there, people go to Art school and don't actually learn much of medieval art history or classical painting techniques for instance. If these people actually put the same amount of hours and effort into studying Art as engineering students put into studying Physics, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be at least as sucessful as someone with a Sociology degree.

>>70204026

Add in Philosophy and turn it into a major that branches into all other classic Humanities. Then at least you have some degree of rigor (logic, philosophy of language, epistemology, ethics).
>>
>>70201819
Sociology, psychology, anthropology
>>
>>70204683
One of the criticisms of the value of MBA's in Australia is that they are based on the American corporate experience.
>>
>Elder God Tier
Architecture
Law
Physics
Math

>High Tier
Medicine
Chemistry

>Mid Tier
Biology
Business
History

>Low Tier
Political science
Language

>SHIT tier
Philosophy
>>
>>70207858
Why is history mid tier and political science low tier?

t. pol sci student

I'll participate in the state exam for Foreign Affairs and Diplomacy when I graduate, when I fail I'll probably join the army.
>>
>>70208157
Because it's ruined by women.

Shit to mid tier are ruined by women.
>>
>>70208359
Pol sci and history are mostly ruined by women outside of the department. Things started going downhill in the sixties, when both disciplines tried to merge with feminist and postmodern philosophy
>>
>>70208359
Law is also ruined by women.
>>
>>70208539
True. The majority of law students in Belgium are women. Soon all lawyers and judges will be female.
>>
Technology and Engineering. Learn that sort of thing at a job site or another avenue of schooling. Universities are for humanities and sciences.
>>
File: 1445800816288.jpg (24 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1445800816288.jpg
24 KB, 600x600
>>70208611
>>
Everything that's not science, business or bureaucratic careers.
Basically 99% of the humanities & social "sciences"
>>
>>70207858

>philosophy

who is karl popper and thomas kuhn? people that suggest philosophy probably failed some first year intro module and blamed the subject matter.
>>
>>70207858
>Law above medicine and chemistry
Spotted the lawyer
>>
>>70208819

>the scientific method and induction is infallible. grow up.
>>
>>70208801
not even b8ing 8
>>
Philosophy
most of it should be taught in high school
>>
>>70208610
Not to mention how heavily feminists have influenced the law itself.
>>
>>70207858
Architecture is just art-students with a slightly better understanding of math. Move it to mid-tier and put engineering into elder god tier
>>
>>70208610
>Soon all lawyers and judges will be female.

So the human race will be matriarchal like The Drow in Dungeons & Dragon?
>>
>>70204228
>Psychologists
>Diagnosing psychopathologies
What the fuck is wrong with your country?
>>
File: 1459790546269s.jpg (3 KB, 125x108) Image search: [Google]
1459790546269s.jpg
3 KB, 125x108
>>70208987
t. philosophy major
>>
>>70209158
>>70207858
Also Im ok with math and physics being in elder god tier, but we both know that studying pure math or physics in Finland will make you a teacher
>>
>>70209139
Exactly. We have law articles in our civil code that basically facilitate cuckoldry: if person A raised a child that is not biologically his like it were his, the actual biological father, person B, can not claim the child back. The child will enjoy all natural rights attached to person A.
>>
>>70209337

not much of an argument m8
>>
>fuck humanities meme
dont you lads have an ounce of culture?

no wonder you all speak like primary school students
>>
>>70209694
Family law is a disaster all over the western world.
>>
>>70207858
>Elder - Law
>Shit - Philosophy

You do realize how much philosophy law students take or major/minor in, right? You can't be that much of an idiot. Philosophy instills critical thinking into bigger picture decisions, among other (arguably) smaller skills. Philosophy is easily the most useful major to get shit on in this thread, and everyone suggesting so deserves to be snuffed from the gene pool.
>>
>>70209715
There is no alternative to the scientific method, any discipline that fails to embrace it ends up utter useless like philosophy, a renowed burger flipper major.
>B-b-but philosophy invented the scientific method
And alchemy invented chemistry, we don't teach alchemy anymore.
>>
>>70209824
You can't buy fast cars with culture.
>>
Everything that isn't STEM. medicine or law school.
>>
Get rid of physics.
This will artificially inflate the worth of all of the current physicists, who will make mad bank.

But seriously, I've never met a philosophy student who didn't make me want to punch them in the face.
So fuck philosophy cucks. Get rid of philosophy and send their students to the military.

t. physics masters
>>
>>70209890
You might not know this but most people study with the intent of later receiving financial benifit for doing so. Law will get you a job, will philosophy?
>>
>>70209903

>equating philosophy with alchemy.

you realize that philosophy has so many areas of inquiry that it wouldn't be possible to "drop" it? use realize that philosophy still influences science? see the philosophy of science, specifically the works of karl popper. if you're not familiar with his work you have no idea wtf you're talking about.
>>
I know a fellow who's majoring in Philosophy at NYU, said he wants to be a CEO. Did he goof up?
>>
>>70208987
>not thinking it be like it is

Can't say I fully agree with him though..
>>
>>70209824
can't have an samsung galaxy s12 with virtual reality and 3d printing and retina identification and handsfree voicefree typing without stem m8
>>
>>70209903
You're a bit exaggerating there. I think every uni student should recieve a course about the history of western philosophy. Here it is incorporated in almost every cycle
>>
>>70210131
I've taken to hiring students with a major/minor in philosophy if they don't possess the years desired. It hasn't failed me yet, and they don't sit there being useless for two years until they're worth the money.
>>
>>70201945

Totally useless. Most companies that would hire you don't give a fuck about most graphic design degrees.

Lots of vapid hot chicks tho. One of the girls I knew had failed out of PSYCHOLOGY and this was her major.
>>
File: INDIA-POOLLUTION.jpg (146 KB, 630x473) Image search: [Google]
INDIA-POOLLUTION.jpg
146 KB, 630x473
>>70210152
No, it could be worse, he could have not pooed in the loo his whole life.
>>
>>70203419
I always thought it was a degree for telemarketers and operators but nope it's journalist and film.
>>
>>70210254
Philosophy is only useful when being applied to other subjects, absolute waste as a major itself
>>
>>70210147
There is nothing wrong with equating philosophy with alchemy, its literally the same thing, alchemy is primitive chemistry and philosophy is primitive science.
>realize that philosophy still influences science?
Of course I realize, I studying to be a medical researcher and thanks to philosophy (ethics) I don't have the liberty of experimenting with human DNA at the same level Chinese researchers can, so yes philosophy influences science but in a completely negative way and only in the cucked west.
>>
>>70210254
Stay philoso-cucked belgium.
The only subjects I had to do that weren't physics and math were biology and chem, and biology and chem were shit af.
Never took philosophy but everyone I've ever met who has is a complete prick. Including you.
>>
>>70210412
That's true. I just had a course worth 5 ECTS points in my first year and I would say it opened my eyes about a lot of stuff desu
>>
>>70201819

>Music
>Performing Arts
>Drama

If you're already good at these you'd already be on the career path for it. A degree adds nothing
>>
>>70203560

At my university it's what people do when they can't do anything else.
>>
>>70202702
What?

Econ is some real shit. Like, you have to know some calculus even. It's a different way of thinking about shit. Accounting is also extremely challenging and useful major.

t. Economics and accounting double major
>>
>>70210550
And for people who want to become a spokesperson for people or organizations. but you don't need a fucking communications degree for that
>>
>>70203739
Communications degrees are for people who want to get into television and broadcasting or get on more of the corporate hospitality/event planning side of things. It's a lot of public speaking and presenting shit.

It has absolutely nothing to do with telecommunications.
>>
>>70202494
Phil is great as a complement (joint major, or as a minor) but not as a single focus. It is saturated to shit by useless fucks though.
>>
>>70201819
Came to this thread to save that image for keks but it's just too hideous.

I'd rather look at that pic of that guy's disgusting stretched out asshole
>>
>>70207858
>Architecture and Law in Elder God Tier
Ya dun fucked up.
>>
>>70210522

I can't agree with you about philosophy being primitive science because, like i've stated earlier, it has too many areas of inquiry. the very fact that it still exists and has separated from science is proof to that. science cannot answer every single question. i also noticed how you ignored my karl popper argument since it doesn't suite your narrative.
>>
>>70210818
Music is fine. Most universities are still serious about you having to actually be able to actually play an instrument, understand music theory, be able to create your own compositions, and study music history. The problem is that some schools have begun to offer degrees in just "music theory" or "music composition" and they churn out people who can't even play an instrument.

Performing Arts/Drama should be the same thing, there are GOOD schools for acting like Juilliard, but the reason there good is they have an extremely strict program focusing on traditional technical skills. No Feminist Dance Therapy where some fat bitch pours SpaghettiOs on her head and dances to Enya.
>>
>>70211536
classic philoso-cuck non-argument.
If you can't summarise the points you need for your argument from that karl popper
book then you shouldn't be mentioning it at all because no one here who isn't interested is going to read it.
No matter how many times I have to repeat this you philcucks still pull the same shit.
Fuck yourself with your narrative.
>>
>>70211793

oh look, another aussie shit posting.

here's a summary for you: "Popper is known for his rejection of the classical inductivist views on the scientific method, in favour of empirical falsification"

why is this valid? because it shows that philosophy is still relevant.

if you're not interest in the scientific method, what exactly are you studying?
>>
>>70202214
Careful on that edge there son.
>>
>>70211793
>studies science
>doesn't know who Karl Popper is

Haha who wipes the drool off your chin?
>>
>>70202494
Philosophy is has the least female acceptance rate among humanities. You literally don't know what you are talking about and mix up sociology dykes talking about Marx and Faoucault with philosophy students.
>>
>>70207858
Physics major here, stop lying its trash tier
>>
>>70212112
>here's a summary for you:
not an argument.
You are supposed use the logic pooper used to validate his arguments in your arguments.
Stating his findings without the working means shit.

>what exactly are you studying?
kek. I know your philcuck tricks. try being more subtle next time

>>70212312
>implying
people are irrelevant. their ideas and logic are though. haven't seen any of you cucks trying to recreate poopers arguments.
guess they don't teach you much about him.
>>
Media Studies.

While I was doing my Forensics Degree at Nottingham there were people doing that, with like a max of 15 hrs a week then going out and playing with cameras for fun.
I was a solid 35-45 hrs depending on lab work.

>tfw I specialised in cyber crime in the final year of 2003

It's still fun as fuck tbqhfam. And the money doesn't hurt. Wonder what those wanna be news presenters and weather reporters are doing now...
>>
>>70212517
Keep digging that hole you're in, this is very entertaining!
>>
File: Obama-Washington-Politics.jpg (49 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
Obama-Washington-Politics.jpg
49 KB, 500x381
The fact Political Science is a degree is indicative of how much money that parasitdustry should not being getting from tax payers.
>>
>>70212861
throw me a bone to dig with m8. words of encouragement aren't enough.
>>
Business administration

Civil Engineering

Journalism
>>
>>70202887
Incorrect. It's also a philosophy and worldview that sees the world as a political struggle between the privileged class and those they oppress.

Feminism definitely applies. It's cultural marxism.
>>
>>70204228
A psychologist doesn't really do that. They just sit and listen to people bitch.
>>
>>70210522
>thanks to philosophy (ethics) I don't have the liberty of experimenting with human DNA at the same level Chinese researchers can

This is a bad thing how, Ethics is probably one of the most useful branches in Philosophy.
>>
>>70213141
only because it might solve the ai control problem. which wouldn't be a problem if we were all super mutants thanks to "unethical" DNA experiments
>>
>>70212998
What's wrong with civil engineering?
>>
>>70204461
Thinking of changing from an engineering degree to a Commerce degree with the same major/minor combination as you, what was your experience doing this and what were the job opportunities like?
>>
>>70213226
It's just a fancy word for construction worker.

Most of that shit you can learn through apprenticeship.
>>
>>70201819
Political "science"
>>
File: 1452866645001.jpg (191 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
1452866645001.jpg
191 KB, 1024x681
How does /pol/ feel about linguistics? It's a pretty useless degree except as the prerequisite "I made it through college!" degree, but the majority of linguistics scholars are male and (outside of socio/anthro linguistics) it's scientifically rigorous.

I do apologize that we created Chomsky.
>>
>>70213462
>>70212863
>the proletariat urban trash with no connections thinks it should even think into doing /pol/ /sci/
>>
>>70213614
Nope, linguistics is acceptable. Health sciences/pediatrics degrees, however, are not.
>>
>>70213614
>scholar
>male
>scientifically rigorous
would drink with as long as you aren't a linguo-nazi
>>
>>70211111

this... I did 1 year of it,I dropped out of course, but it's about working in PR, being able to speak comfortably in front of large crowds, and a lot of language learning as well
>>
>>70213776
Yeah, speech pathology students have to take some linguistics classes early on and as a result you end up with a lot of vapid idiot women in undergrad.

>>70213808
There aren't very many prescriptivists left in the field. If any.
>>
>>70208157

I'm the inverse... will join the army then going to try to become a diplomat.

Good luck my man
>>
All should be offered and taught but only high demand fields should be gov funded or open for loans. Everything else I.e. Gender studies, philosophy, psychology, fine arts, etc. should be cash only
>>
>>70213881
>prescriptivists
cool word. thanks m8
>>
File: 1409702633001.jpg (384 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
1409702633001.jpg
384 KB, 800x601
>>70214033
Worst case scenario if you're hanging out with a linguist is they'll ask you to pause and repeat something you said because it was uniquely structured in some way.

>>70213987
I'd agree with this at least as far as government loans go. The enormous amount of taxpayer money wasted on largely pointless degrees is really untenable. This is from someone getting a useless degree, but I haven't taken any loans out to pursue it.
>>
>>70203301
Semi-rare at best
>>
No form of knowledge is unworthy, so long as it's beneficial to society. The engineer is as important as the historian, because they both benefit the human experience. The STEM circle jerk is cancerous autism. If you want to live in a world without humanities and the arts, go to China. You would fit right into their cold machine society
>>
>>70201819
Chê Gayvara
>>
>>70202214
>turkish person wanting to remove history

wow this is new!
>>
>>70215090
Chê is based. I want to get a shirt of him wearing a shirt of himself.
>>
>>70215307
>person
>>
File: 1459199924829.jpg (63 KB, 570x523) Image search: [Google]
1459199924829.jpg
63 KB, 570x523
>>70213614
Studied linguistics and working in Natural Language Processing. Linguistics is good because you will end up most likely in Computational Linguistic, Natural Language Processing, and Artificial Intelligence if you don't do a business communications/marketing degree.

Also Linguistics is one of the few redpilled humanities in that individual agency and genetic and biological factors are widely recognized to be necessary to describe language.

A lot of pseudoscience being done in Linguistics though (cf Karl Popper). That's why I ran away from Cognitive and Computational Linguistics to pursue a PhD in Language Engineering. Can't argue with datasets and computer science.
>>
journalism is the most fucking worthless degree besides gender studies
>>
>>70203170
R A R E
A
R
E

F L A G
L
A
G
>>
>>70201819
Will someone please PS a rope around that faggot cunts' neck. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>70214226
Enjoy your shit humanities degree
>>
>>70215307
Hohohoho
>>
>>70202076
My wife makes almost six figures with a comm degree.
>>
>>70216804
But what does your wife's son do?
>>
>>70202392
>sensor history
Britfat education, everyone
>>
>>70201819
Exercise science and sports management

You don't need a college degree to work in a gym.
>>
>>70202076
Can be good if you know what you're doing. Wouldn't go to community college for this though.
>>
>>70211111
IE it's for Jews.
>>
>>70210992
Read his comment again .

"Business" or Business Administration is a meme degree.

Accounting, Finance or Economics at least have some specificity to them.

That said, if you're going for an MBA at a top 20 university it's a different story, for the networking aspect.
>>
>They aren't getting an MA in Education Administration and take a comfy near or above 3 figure salary without doing much
>They don't realize male disciplinarians and teachers are actually highly sought after in the job market for education

source: many teachers including both my parents

Ishiggydiggydo
>>
>>70201819

under water basket weaving
>>
>>70201819
psychology
>>
File: image.jpg (323 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323 KB, 1600x1200
>getting a history degree in the hopes of getting into law school
How ducked am I pol?
>>
>>70218461
*fucked
Damn autocorrect
>>
>>70201819
all the humanities
>>
>>70218461
Go ahead and get a teaching liscense as a back up plan m8
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 797x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 797x740
>>70204026
Psychology is needed though. People actually have mental illness and need help. Like you, you have autism, you might need to go to a psychologist.
>>
File: .jpg (4 KB, 210x194) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
4 KB, 210x194
>>70201819
economics
>>
>>70202702
Accounting or finance are more useful than economics in a general business sense. The more advanced economics place don't have much use outside of policy making.
>>
>>70213141
>This is a bad thing how
If you don't understand what's bad about our rivals being allowed to research avant garde shit while we are cucked and can only watch from afar then I cannot explain it to you.
Watch the movie Gattaca and extrapolate the social dynamics into a macroeconomical level and you'll get it.
>>
>>70218156
Lol crazy ironic that a board full of mentally ill cocknockers don't see the need for therapists.
>>
File: 1396660789189.png (269 KB, 450x488) Image search: [Google]
1396660789189.png
269 KB, 450x488
>>70201819
Are those fucking holocaust numbers on his arm?

hahahahahaha
>>
>>70202887
Marx did't fight for shit, He was't even a worker
>>
>>70219408
fuck off bambi
>>
>>70204171
>there is no need for the economy to know how the social structures work and how to get knowledge about it
Nigger what
>>
>>70219408
t. bernie sanders
>>
>>70204228
>>70209255
>>70213083
>>70204026

>Study Phsychology WITH counselling
>Do a month or two experience at an abuse centre/suicide hotline
>Get a Counselling degree
>Join up at a school and listen to emo girls tell you about why they're depressed
>Once in a blue moon some kid with an actual problem arrives and you help them
>Their parents love you and buy you gifts for stopping their son listening to MUSE

Best life.
>>
>>70222222
Good digits
>>
>>70202887
Yeah a bunch of mong factory workers with no conception of how to operate a factory really sounds like a great future for us all.

Oh yeah that's right Marx never worked in a fucking factory the fat lazy alcoholic "intellectual" dickhead. Communists falling for the "worker" meme and none of them fucking work.
>>
>>70201819
guys how useful is psychology degree? I'm a 2nd semester freshman and I'm majoring in psych, but I was wondering if I should change it to something else.
>>
>>70222555
I was hoping to get into law school with this, just wanted to know if this can be used for anything else if I don't get in or something happens.
>>
>>70222222
Witnessed
>>
>>70222555
do NOT do it unless you take it with something. Psychology alone doesn't get you shit all but studyginw it with a focused area can open up other degrees and fastrack a specific career if you do some research.
>>
>>70222936
Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it.
>>
File: 1459584587303.jpg (467 KB, 1368x1500) Image search: [Google]
1459584587303.jpg
467 KB, 1368x1500
>>70222222
Nice numbers m90
>>
>>70203170
this
>>
Liberal Arts. Anything that wouldn't be needed in a workplace should not be an education.
>>
>>70222222
nice digits crazy man
>>
>>70222222
REPEATING NUMBERS
>>
>>70223207
Liberal Arts ARE needed in the workplace. The academic workplace.
>>
File: 1458429607412.jpg (149 KB, 671x950) Image search: [Google]
1458429607412.jpg
149 KB, 671x950
>>70223207
that is so savage and plebian. it was always the aristocrats who learned the liberal arts and truly important things in life.

Technicians like:
engineers
chemists
bankers
managers

should NOT be at 'university' they should be at Job Training schools, practicing to be good workers.
>>
Pretty much any degree that doesn't exist to prove you're qualified in a certain field.

It's THE CURRENT YEAR, we have every resource imaginable online. No longer do you need to be a rich guy with a rich guy library to be an autodidact. Fuck, even LECTURES (as in, entire degrees worth of classes in lectures) are available, on line, for free. Brick and mortar education for the purposes of "learning art" or whatever are a massive waste of resources.
>>
>>70223824
you've never been in a seminar have you? not even one time huh?
>>
>>70223678
yeah, and now every tom, dick and harry can get a degree in the visual arts or humanities or whatever, and we're stuck footing the bill so they can pat themselves on the back for being educated.
>>
>>70223678
>Being a class elitist while studying a career for future and current welfare recipients
Muh history, things changed.
>>
>>70223893
My university didn't even offer classes less than 20 students.

Even so, "seminars" can't be worth tacking on an entire ecosystem of housing, food, transportation, etc, that come along with "college towns"
>>
>>70223999
you mean things changed b/c now everyone is richer than ever, remember market capitalism? If anything more people should be in liberal arts today living the patrician life.

wait. that won't buy a house on jewish bank credit will it? shit.
>>
Non terrorist faiths
>>
>>70224102
that is a shame. the way undergrad works is that 3-4 years you spend exploring the very basics of a field. you become more specifically trained as you go.

then in a 4th/grad seminar you exchange ideas in person with phd expert in the room to give slight guidance to about 10 people all exploring similar ideas for the last 3 years.

yeah it doens't need a whole town, and deans making $500-1mil/year, but it is still pretty fucking patrician and a lot better than: 'learning how to manage the workers, build a highway overpass technically, learn soil to farm etc'
>>
File: jeb-bush.png (248 KB, 317x435) Image search: [Google]
jeb-bush.png
248 KB, 317x435
>>70202051
kek
>>
STEM
Medicine
Law

Should anything else even exist period?
>>
>>70224483
well they should be at technical schools, or part of a corporate job training, not publicly subsidized. those jobs are important so the rest of us can live our lives to the fullest being human. we need robots, engineers, and asians to the the soulless stuff so we can read Flaubert : )
>>
>>70213027
>cultural marxism

this is phrase in of itself is a contradiction. not unlike "Exact Estimate"
>>
>>70224826
shh don't explain it to them. it is like a reverse dog whistle so we know who to have a laugh at
>>
>>70201945

Got a sister you does graphic design at about 85k/yr. So pretty damn good. Not to mention freelancing on the side
>>
>>70224949
lol thats true. It really spelled out his understanding lmao
>>
I'm studying ELT (English Language Teaching) and I find it an immense waste of time. I've been thinking of taking the entry exam again and pick a different course something that will actually challenging, relevant and interesting at the same time.

I like politics and history. Any suggestions?
>>
>>70201819
History major here.

JUST
>>
>>70210212
wouldn't exist if we lived like uncultured niggers and white trash either.
>>
Going to university shouldn't have an economical bias. Thats why management, economics and engineering degrees have no place in real universities.
>>
>>70202494
In America, the highest university major to pass the LSAT (the test to get into law school) is almost always either philosophy or pre-law
>>
>>70225352
lol you do and it does
>>
>>70225538
We have to pay out the ass for it, so considering what kind of return you are going to get out of the degree is a main concern here.
>>
>>70201819

Sociology/Psychology
>>
>>70224949
>>70225154
Go back to your facebook meme pages if you are going to be that garbage
>>
>>70226233
Presumptuous. I don't have a facebook page.
And what the fuck is a "MayMay"
>>
I want to be one of those cool dudes wearing suits who appear on Fox News once in a while to give their opinions on the falling stocks or whatever mumbo jumbo

What do I study?

>inb4 Roach Studies
>>
File: eZ6goU1.jpg (431 KB, 949x1423) Image search: [Google]
eZ6goU1.jpg
431 KB, 949x1423
Thinking about getting a degree in international business.

What does pol think?
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 635x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 635x854
Those of you who regard philosophy in the same regard as gender studies, media, communications and race studies clearly have no idea as to what a philosophy degree actually entails.

I'm a mathematics student but here, in Britain, at least, philosophy is considered one of the "intellectual" humanities alongside history, the classics and literature.

Anyone who thinks that philosophy is pie-in-sky, airy-fairy stuff ought to try to read the likes of Kant, Wittgenstein or Russell. It is as rigorous as any science paper.
>>
>>70226886
I think you should go to medschool.
>>
>>70202051
go full illiterate you mexican dumbfuck.
>>
>>70226886
if you make china buy stuff you will help your economy. otherwise go engeneering and build stuff. services in us is big, but you cant export it.
>>
File: 1456493690001.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1456493690001.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>70227041
>"intellectual" humanities
>>
>>70201819
I can't be the only one who wants to see someone in full Nazi Commander regalia confronting this guy while he's dressed like a gay retard chegovera, right?
>>
>>70212406
This.

Retarded bullshit doesn't fly in philosophy classes. Professors are pol tier and live tearing people down
>>
>>70201819
Mathematics.
Math isn't even real thing like wtf.
>>
>>70227387

Humanities and the arts never used to possess the reputation they have nowadays as second-tier fields. It only happened when academia started to become increasing politcized and marxist-theory polluted almost every department. The whole "diversity" agenda in universities also watered-down these fields. When humanities and arts remain objective and ideologically-neutral, they are valuable.
>>
>>70228225
>objective and ideologically-neutral
Only in science is this possible.
What philosopher would ever claim their field is objective?
>>
>>70202702
I think it's a very common understanding that those who major in business are there just to party and get drunk all the time. The only people who didn't do that were also a double major in something else.
>>
>>70204026
>Black studies
haha that can't be real
>>
>>70218461
as long as you get good marks and shit it shouldn't be a problem
>>
>>70228686
It's for nogs that managed to get into college and white liberals.
>>
>>70216874
Currently going to school for women's studies. I'm working really hard as a shoe salesman to pay for his degree since I didn't have the same opportunities growing up as him. He's a good kid. My wife has a black friend in the town over that she lets coach him baseball when she goes over and visits him over the weekends.
>>
File: 1407424208243.png (382 KB, 700x639) Image search: [Google]
1407424208243.png
382 KB, 700x639
>>70228951
wtf dude are you saying that it's real?
>>
>>70229114
Unfortunately, it is
>>
>>70227644
Doing my Masters in Phil and can confirm this
>>
File: 1432318818354.jpg (160 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1432318818354.jpg
160 KB, 600x709
>>70202494
>Philosophy

What the fuck is it like writhing in the mud of your own intellectual ineptitude Sweden?

Honestly that shit disturbs me in the most profound way.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 600x600
>>70201819
Anything that practices Critical Theory in its curriculum. Classes that teach Critical Race Theory get eliminated first.
>>
>>70218521
That's my plan
>>
>>70202076
>first semester of college
>taking a gen ed
>girl sits at my table, even my autistic ass gets the hit she likes me
>go to Starbucks with her after some event, even get her number
>she says she's a communications major
>feel less interested in her, not that it matters since I'm a turbo beta

>>70202365
I know you're joking, but I'm in an engineering program and think it would probably be better with more "pure" math and CS integrated into it, as opposed to being mostly major-exclusive courses.
>>
>>70202887
Wouldn't know about Marxism, but the pairing of capitalism and patriarchy always confused me. How does private ownership of capital necessitate male headship, gender roles, etc.? Conversely, Muslims do a pretty good job of oppressing women without being all that free-market; hell, they don't even allow interest.

If anything, as Rothbard pointed out, the ideas that support capitalism restrict efforts to subjugate women, and the sharper traditionalists are leery of capitalism for more-or-less this reason.
Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.