[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The CIA Just Backstabbed Obama
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: American.png (131 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
American.png
131 KB, 500x293
Claims Russia Insider. It's obviously a Russian propaganda site, but a sophisticated one.

They quote NBC.

>the CIA has decided to throw Obama under the bus:

>The CIA in 2012 proposed a detailed covert action plan designed to remove Syrian President Bashar Assad from power, but President Obama declined to approve it, current and former U.S. officials tell NBC News.
According to a former CIA operative, the CIA had a plan to "peacefully resolve" the conflict in Syria, but Obama "declined" to implement it:

>Elements under discussion at the time included not only bolstering Syrian rebels, but pressuring and paying senior members of Assad's regime to push him out, the former officials said. The idea was that the Syrian civil war could then have been peacefully resolved--a huge uncertainty.

>[The CIA operated who proposed the plan] ultimately resigned in frustration — over that and other issues -- after it became clear the Obama administration would not move forward.

This seems like disloyalty, maybe even treason. Should this be given any merit? Or is it jjust Russian propaganda making moles out of molehills?
>>
>>70109699
http://russia-insider.com/en/former-operative-reveals-cia-plan-oust-assad/ri13726

sorry
>>
Its not technically treason given that it could be fictive or truthfull in its entirety and it would not affect anything current.

There were most likely various options Obama turned down though and went through with the most retarded. The article is pretty plausible but I'm mostly sure anything other than Assad staying would have lead to civil war, just a matter of magnitudes.
>>
File: srs.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
srs.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>70109699

>they decided to backstab Obama when he only has a few months of Presidency left

True or not, the CIA are cunts.
>>
>>70110137
>>70110445
Now that i have gotten some coffee, you guys seem to be right.
>>
File: laughing muslim girls.jpg (443 KB, 1600x1360) Image search: [Google]
laughing muslim girls.jpg
443 KB, 1600x1360
>>70109699
>the CIA had a plan to "peacefully resolve" the conflict in Syria,
>>
So their plan was just to repeat what they did in Syria?

Egypt's """democracy""" is still completely suspended and they're still a secular military dictatorship last time I checked, even after ousting their previous dictator and putting him on trial.

But that's better than being run by an islamist puppet state serving the Saudis, which is what """democracy""" was going to give them. The durka durkas wanted to smash all the ancient Egyptian sites which are basically the only thing Egypt has going for it.
>>
>>70110751
To be fair, democracy in the sandpits aren't possible for probabley ever. A military dictatorship without a figurehead to assasinate or boogyman is ideal for them.
>>
>>70109699

what's treason?

Obama has a right to decide what's best; he is commander-in-chief

CIA operatives have a right to plan what they think is best, offer it to the president, etc.

they are also free to resign and pursue employment elsewhere

I don't see the problem
>>
>>70111026

btw, this operator was a young guy; sounds like he wasn't aware of all the factors involved

this wasn't just an Assad problem, as we now see. It is ultimately a Russian problem, and Obama was probably right to tread carefully, as he did
>>
>>70111111
>>
>>70110710
Malaysia or Indonesia. Ugly and disgusting brown little shits.
>>
>Obama decided to not directly overthrow a foreign government

Sure he's still doing it through a proxy but I don't see how this looks bad on him.
>>
File: USA USA USA!.webm (1 MB, 1098x618) Image search: [Google]
USA USA USA!.webm
1 MB, 1098x618
>>70109699
>Eagleburger
>>
>>70109699

>Eagleburger

Must 'Murican name ever.
>>
>>70109699
If this is true, Obama did a damn good thing in choosing not to go ahead with this plan. And the CIA are scum.
>>
>'bolster' the rebels
>peaceful

The doubletalk is getting too much for me. this is as bad a "defensive lethal weapons" was. or "R2P"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.