[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How GamerGate came about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 318x159
>videogames invented (by men)
>almost immediately rejected by women.
>immediately adopted by men.
>For more than 30 years, gamer men are rejected and ridiculed by women because they are hardcore gamers.
>number of male gamers grows.
>hardcore male gamers usually shy, socially inept. Somewhat hesitant to welcome women into their circles.
>after all this time, women want an explantation as to why there are not more females in the gaming industry, and why video games sometimes have sexist undertones when being made by shy, socially inept men who have been rejected by women their whole lives for loving video games.
>>
>>55532428
Nobody gives a shit about stupid fucking video games. Take that shit to /v/
>>
kill yourself underage faggot
>>
Not sure I've ever seen anything remotely sexist in video games.
>>
>>55532493
but I'm making politically incorrect statements!
>>
>>55532642
emphasis on the incorrect.

Gamer gate started because some girl who had released a free animated storybook fucked a bunch of guys who weren't her loser boyfriend. Loser boyfriend gets jealous, posts a blog against her and social media (4chan and twitter) go apeshit.
The 'ethics in gaming journalism' angle comes about because one of the guys the slut slept with writes for kotaku and because news sites refused to report a story about some slut cheating on her bf as news BECAUSE IT ISN'T.

Gamergate. Really not worth wasting breath on. Fuck I feel like a dickhead having typed this.
>>
>>55532912
It's cause all reviews for here game were amazing when it was a really really bad "game"
>>
>>55533098
Those reviews weren't written by her fuckbuddies and her "game" was free.
Who cares? No one
>>
>>55532428

Sorry m80, but /pol/ and 4chan in general was sold out to the ShitRedditSays mods by moot when he went full SJW. This thread is already autosaging.
>>
>>55532912
I'm not actually saying specifically "Gamergate" itself. But this newfound backlash against the gaming industry lead by women.
>>
>>55532428
gg has NOTHING to do with women in games. jesus fucking christ.
>>
You have to be really autistic care about video games that much.
>>
>>55533379
Anita Sarkesian and her ilk piggybacked off it and made it about women in VG
>>
>>55533561
see this is exactly what I'm getting at. Gamers are ridiculed all the time. Now the entire industry is being attacked
>>
>>55533561
video games inudstry is bigger than the movie industry :^)
>>
>>55532428
>>
File: 1444957346609.jpg (109 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1444957346609.jpg
109 KB, 640x1136
Dont even care about vidya that much these days but damn do I hate those sluts Zoe and Anita. Talentless attention whoring scam artists. We need more Gamergates to fuck em up
>>
>>55533333
>>
>>55533379

Of course it fucking does. A huge part of the Gamergate opposition is alleged muh soggy knees in the videogame industry and about the apparent lack of accomodation for women.

Apparently women think that, just because there's a bunch of them who play videogames now, everyone should forget about women shunning gamers and videogames for the last 20 years and bend over backwards to help them and their entitlement complexes.
>>
>>55533689
yeah no one should support them
>>
>>55534349
exactomundo, sir
>>
>>55532912
It was also FINALLY some serious backlash against all the San Francisco cancer that has been invading all forms of media but especially video games. I see no problem with it, if a bunch of autists want to spend all their time making SJWs cry I'm fine with it.
>>
>>55534831
san fran?
>>
>/pol/ being pro Zoe, Anita and general feminist attention whores
>actually hating gamergate
So this is sjw chan now, huh? Bet you'd defend those "safe space" nazis as well
>>
File: 3rdwavevideogames.jpg (55 KB, 640x528) Image search: [Google]
3rdwavevideogames.jpg
55 KB, 640x528
>>
>>55535361
All gamergate did was give these nobodies attention on the news and shit. Saying you're concerned about game journalism is retarded when youtube, forums, etc exist.
And you don't even focus on that, you fixate on dumb twitter fucks for some reason.
This is all because an insignificant text adventure was promoted, which is already long forgotten about, in exchange for sex. Who cares.
>>
>>55532428
gb2/kikechan, faggots
>>
>>55532428
Mfw I don't care about GamerGate at all

But I instantly jumped on /pol/'s side after they framed wizardchan. That's fucked up, yo. Why would you target the weakest people of society like that.
>>
>>55532428
How GamerGate died:
>it played into the bait tactics of attention whores
>it sperged out and said violent and nasty things, thus losing the moral highground and sypathy
>in short, it was full of too many edgy neckbeards who ruined it for everyone else
And I called it from the moment it launched. It doesn't even matter that some or most of you had good intentions and stayed professional, fucking edgelords will ruin it for you.
>>
>>55532912
There wasn't a gamergate until the other gaming media jumped in to defend her and slowtaku. That's what kicked it off, without that it would have been another "isolated incident" like that guy that got fired for giving a game a shit review.
>>
>>55532912
>>55533320
lol. Fucking this. Based ausiebro.

To add, GamerGate fags are the best thing to happen to that lady because before that, no one knew who she was or heard about her shitty "game"
>>
>>55536298

funny how your three points never resulted in Gamergame dying. Those things caused it improve and even get stronger for a little while.
>>
>>55535361
They hate it because it won't go anywhere and it's gotten to the point where it's just annoying now
Ffs perpetuating the thing made both of those women millionaires, it did the example opposite of everything it wanted and still is retarded enough to keep on trying
>>
>>55532428
more like
>journalist fucks shit indie dev and gives positive coverage
>gamers mildly upset
>oceans of 'muh soggy knees' ad homenim from feminists
>retard media falls for fem propoganda, spreads only their side of story
>>
>almost immediately rejected by women

as somebody who remembers fucking pong being invented, this is very misleading. A lot of women tried them at first, but weren't very good and so gave up, but still thought it was neat. If a woman rejected you I can 95% guarantee that it was not because you liked video games. They probably thought video games were a pretty cool thing but just not their idea of a fun past time. They rejected you because you're fucking weird man.
>>
Do you motherfuckers understand now? DO YOU? Let me spell it out one more time for the densest among you.

This. Is. Not. Just. About. Video games.

These people want to destroy those of you who speak out and control the rest. You've seen them talk on twitter and tumblr, they will happily put you to death if they could and drink your tears while doing so. Video games is one front of a much larger war. It does not begin or end with video games and if you don't fight you are going to lose so much more than just a hobby. This is the end of the war, they have been winning it for years. Gamergate was a surprise resistance that popped up after our "forces" had been routed and slaughtered on the altar of social justice for decades. If you want to live in a world where some histrionic pampered brat and her sniveling cohorts can cry harassment and shut down entire websites then yeah sure do nothing just protect the vidya I guess. If that idea disgusts you then it is time to stand up if you haven't already and fight them on every level. Remember Shirtgate? Remember how they made a motherfucking scientist cry on what should have been the best day of his life? Over a shirt? It's not just about video games these people are monsters in human skin. Fight them!
>>
>>55536773
And yet no one in the mainstream takes GG seriously and most people buy the narrative that GG is all a bunch of manchildren misogynists.
>>
i was reading KiA and it's more about SJWs than gamer gate now
>>
>>55537158
>almost immediately rejected by women
hey that's not true!
>A lot of women tried them at first, but weren't very good and so gave up

mhm
>>
>>55537292
pretty much how it is atm. GG has won on the front of vidya games for now, but sjw marxism is still rampant in media and society at large, not to mention the hellish bastions of social justice dogmatic indoctrination: universities. even elementary schools are being turned into propaganda centers now.

basically at this point i'm hoping that the immigration mess will be a wake up call for most people. it will certainly make the young women over there who are getting raped to near death question the sjw ideology.
>>
>>55537158
i smell white knight
>>
>>55532912
oh look, an australian shitposting.
GG only came after several media sites attacked gamers due to that incident, when trying to push an SJW agenda (later GG uncovered Gamejournospro which confirmed they were all in bed with each other)

I also find it pretty funny that you'll say that isnt news (which is false due to proven corruption on jury for a game award), because of the sites you are defending dont have anything close to news most of the time.

Kek more
>>
>>55532912
>>55533320
>supporting corrupt Journalism
>>
>>55537292
Stop co-opting shit, it was for video games and getting rid of SJW shitheads in it.
It was always about video games, anyone that says otherwise is an idiot.
>>
>>55532428
You forgot the part where gaming became the biggest entertainment industry and women started demanding a piece of the pie they did fuck all to create.
>>
>>55538833
righto!
>>
>>55533670
better go get my fukin tin foil. thanks for wasting my time.
>>
>>55533670
How the fuck does this relate to fucking VIDEO GAMES?
How does it relate to removing FEMINISM from it?
>>
>>55539159
it super doesn't. common core is abject garbage but that's a different problem, not fucking illuminati-teir "everything i don't like is the same group's fault and i'm going to use spurious connections to vigilant christian this shit" conspiracy.
>>
>>55539323
Then why does it still exist?
We could of hit the jugglers and made feminism fail, and now were reduce to this?
Unfucking believable.
>>
Can someone make a connection between common core and gamergate? I feel like there is a connection there.
>>
>>55539393
could you specify what it is that you question the continued existence of?
>>
>>55539393
They are both all about social engineering.
>>
>>55539631
i get emails from my college every now and then with the subject line "are you a social engineer?"

it's pretty pathetic, it's all about how to throw an uber-safe PC party where no one gets drunk or laid.
>>
>>55539397
they both bullshit, that's for sure desu
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>55538749
Video Games were only one specific instance of it. But the evil we thought is universal, why cant you guys see this?

It was about video games in this examples, yes. But this whole "any form of criticism is literally rape/trolling/harassment/abuse/hatespeech, and don't you dare to speak up against any kind of female" that SJWs are trying to push, as an easy way to silence and harass people they do not like, is what we ended up fighting, since those guys were the supporters of these whores, they jumped to their sides when they started to sabotage themselves to get attention.

And a lot of people, and 4chan on a whole, abandoned us, because you were unable to see the bigger picture. Without a proper platform to organize, most believed the lies....
>>
>>55538541
>when
meant WHILE.

that's it, going to sleep
>>
>[video games are] being made by shy, socially inept men who have been rejected by women their whole lives for loving video games
I doubt this was true even in the 80's when games were geing made out of a single guy's bedroom.
>>
>>55538641
>video game reviews
>"journalism"
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.