[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it that there are still people stupid enough to believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 26
File: fact.png (263 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
fact.png
263 KB, 500x375
How is it that there are still people stupid enough to believe in God and actually waste their time and money on him?
>>
>>55300820
God works in mysterious ways.
>>
>>55300820

How is it that theists are "so stupid", but the vast majority of important and influential scientists throughout human history have been Christian or theist?
>>
>>55300944
Zeitgeist tbqh family
>>
>>
>>55300944
It's called doublethink. People say they are religious, but they are religious in name only.
>>
>>55301011

>atheism is like not using the Internet ever
>you can't physically see the Internet so how can it exist!?
>>
>>55300944
For most of human history, people lived under theocracies where religion dominated everyday life.
>>
>>55300820
2 words

Child Abuse
>>
Hehehe
>>
>>55301142
You can physically see computers connected to each other with wires, so yes, you can physically see the internet.
>>
File: Evstafiev-ratko-mladic-1993-w.jpg (193 KB, 376x500) Image search: [Google]
Evstafiev-ratko-mladic-1993-w.jpg
193 KB, 376x500
>>55301213
If I had enough ammo, I would kill every single Muslim on earth.
>>
>>55301236

You can't see the transatlantic cables. You can't see inside them. You can't see every individual bit. You can't see packets.

God's work is visible
>>
>>55300944
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYQlmKuBVHA
>>
>>55301296
0/10
>>
>>55301296
>You can't see the transatlantic cables. You can't see inside them. You can't see every individual bit. You can't see packets.
Yes, you can see them. You would need a submarine, but you can see them. People saw them when the cables were laid.

God is unemployed. He has no work.
>>
>Newton an idiot

>Einstein an idiot (not exactly a creationist but a theist still)

>Georges Lemaitre an idiot

>all the great philosophical thinkers idiots

>a lot of astrophysicists idiots
Sure thing OP.

Also

>Aquinas

God is real.
>>
>>55301307

>Richard Dawkins
Trashed. He is a hypocritical imbecile just like you.
>>
>>55300820
We are very bad goys indeed
>>
>>55301360

>I can see every individual bit of the Internet
>t. atheist
>>
Sometimes i wonder why christians spend so much money trying to impress god with structures and material wealth. I dont get catholics
>>
>>55301513

>implying catholics=Christians
>>
No matter how hard they try, the atheists cannot stop others from believing in God. It's almost like God has a way of tormenting them with their own arguments. Thanks, God. :)
>>
>>55300820
>still
Yeah, I mean, it's 2015.
>>
Yes, these "Christian" scientist totally had a choice in which religion they were in. In the times they lived in, saying you didn't believe in the local religion meant extreme prejudice being taken upon you (Always bad) and even death in some instances.

Most great thinkers were already accused of devilish work due to their experiments. Saying they weren't a Christian would give them every reason to be hung/burned/decapitated.

Not saying there weren't actual Christian scientist, but most of them only deemed themselves Christian cause they had too, or face death.
>>
>>55300820
You're wasting your time on him right now. Why don't atheists go after Hinduism? I assume it's too much exercise for fat neckbeard types...
>>
File: 1446670105327-2.jpg (115 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1446670105327-2.jpg
115 KB, 500x628
>>55300820
> implying that there isn't some higher dimensional construct holding up reality and the great all

Unfortunately the nature of such an entity is unknowable, and probably so alien that the answer to life, the universe and everything if we knew it would probably inspire mass suicide.

Tl; dr: you will know when you die.

Or maybe not, what's the difference?

What we do here echos into eternity.

Especially right now while we are living in "Interesting times"

We are making history, now.
>>
File: baitin yousrself.png (41 KB, 930x794) Image search: [Google]
baitin yousrself.png
41 KB, 930x794
>>55301376
>implying it was socially accepted to not believe in a god during the time periods these people lived in
>>
>>55300820
How is it someone who believes in science and an almost infinite universe with possibilities of multiverses cant believe in an omnipotent being?
>>
>>55300820
>fact.png
>>
>>55300820
>Wasting time and money pursuing God

No amount of material possesions or time is too much to put forth when seeking spiritual salvation.
>>
>>55300820
Because life is too complex to have been a result of random mutations and natural selection tbqphwy
>>
File: 1438377785694.jpg (6 KB, 250x182) Image search: [Google]
1438377785694.jpg
6 KB, 250x182
>>55300944
>Tfw OP was so flustered he responded to this three times.
>>
>>55300820
Because people are retarded. Just look around.
>>
>>55301704
>Why don't atheists go after Hinduism?
Well, it kind of makes sense, because Hinduism isn't a dogmatic religion like Christianity. In Christianity, you can only get saved by accepting the written dogma. In Hinduism it doesn't matter that much, sure, you can improve your next life or even obtain liberation by practising it correctly, but it's not a huge deal in comparison. Hinduism is a recommendation, Christianity is an ultimatum.
>>
>>55301537
Protestants do it too. Why do christians spend any more than is necessary on their buildings of worship? Why not be spending that money on charity instead? Do they think god's real impressed by their fancy building?
>>
>>55301513

>Calvinists are literally the ones who think you only go to heaven if you're rich

>Catholics, who give away their own wealth in order to build beautiful Sanctuaries that elevate people's souls to God, are the ones who are materialists

u wot m8
>>
>>55301791
I wish more religions were like that desu, Sihkhism is a lot more respectable than Christianity in that regard.
>>
>>55300820
>2015
>Being so ass-inflamed about what other people believe
Isn't your liberal religion preaching tolerance, or something?
>>
>>55301616
The saved are saved, the unsavable are unsavable.

Makes me think of the parable of the farmer casting seeds.
>>
File: 1428300095576.gif (2 MB, 353x234) Image search: [Google]
1428300095576.gif
2 MB, 353x234
Most atheists are a cancer. I'm just glad the fedora movement isn't as bad as it was. Go back reddit and shill there.
>>
>>55301772
Actually it's elegance and eventual collapse into a stable system is like water conforming to the shape of a bowl.

The same pattern of which can be seen down to the atomic level.

The elegance of the system and it's fractal design invokes some higher order system, even if it might not be "sentient" or "sapient" or even consious as we define it.

Look at how strange a world this is, and tell me that this is how you would house individual beings, and their unique experiences.

For one, I wouldn't have created a system that requires life consume itself and shackle it to "souls" capable of feeling pain.

I understand why, but holy shit that is cruel.
>>
>>55301883

Yes. Sociology is a lot more respectable than Mathematics. Sociology is not dogmatic, you make your own truth. Math is too strict, why can't I say 2+2=5?
>>
>>55301721
>Einstein

>Lemaitre

Unacceptable to not believe in God

topkek
>>
>>55301791
>>55301883
God is not lukewarm

The time to decide is now.

How much worse will hell be knowing you could have been saved?
>>
>>55301939
>I can do a better job than God
The usual.
>Things collapse into order
WHAT IS ENTROPY LMAO
>>
File: Alexis_Carrel_02.jpg (36 KB, 246x292) Image search: [Google]
Alexis_Carrel_02.jpg
36 KB, 246x292
>Reminder that the single most red-pilled scientist of all time was a diehard atheist until he witnessed miracles in Lourdes with his own eyes and converted to Catholicism.
>>
>>55302010
Eh, even if I agree, there is still a matter of choosing a correct Christian denomination. There are lots of them, and most seem to think others won't be saved.

>inb4 my variety of Christianity is the correct one because reasons
>>
>>55302062
Schisms are the work of the devil. Do not look to men to lead you. God gave you his word. Read it.
>>
>>55302010
It's something along the lines of, even if I am tortured alive for all eternity in the lake of fire or whatever, I'll still know that I was right.

>>55302024
Well, no. I understand the competitive system that is set up on this planet, but holy shit, think of all the suffering every living thing has felt up to this point.

It's kind of the elephant in the room really.

Also, heat death of the universe, deep time and energy breakdown I do understand.

But order exists now.

There is probably a reason.

The universe might be a mechanism for something, like a method for bleeding of energy, and converting it into lower grade energy via the second law of thermodynamics.
>>
>>55302062
To expand, man can not see in the matters of the spirit, he must be led. The path is straight an narrow so it is easy to go astray. But if you look to men to lead you, well thats like the blind leading the blind. You'll both wind up in a ditch.

Dont worry. If you are a good soul, youll find your way. Does a shepard not seek to bring his lost sheep home?
>>
>>55302090
>Do not look to men to lead you. God gave you his word. Read it.
Sadly, this position is also the product of a schism?
>>
>>55302122
>Order exists now
>There is probably a reason
God?
>>
>>55302122
You do not know better than the almighty.
Do not think yourself a God.

Remember Genesis, chapter three, verse six. It depicts exactly the same conflict.

Original sin is the idea that man can be as gods.
>>
>>55300820
Yes, these people are no better then Muslims who can't live without their faith.
>>
>>55302213
Piss flag gtfo.
>>
>>55302152
Telling you to read your Bible and decide for yourself what is true and what is not is not a schism.

Im not telling you be a baptist and do as the baptist. Im not telling you be a mormon and do as the mormons. Im not telling you be a catholic and do as the catholics.

I am telling you to read your Bible.
>>
>>55300820
It's a social thing. People had to align themselves and feel a common belonging. It's being phased out by other social constructs these days, and for that reason there is less religious people as we go further in time.
>>
>>55302175
>>55302197
You guys just BTFO this shill for satan
>>
>>55302262
The fuck does that mean maple boy?
>>
>>55302269
>Less religious people as we go further through time
You keep telling yourself that fedora.
>>
>>55302269
Jesus was real. He performed miracles. He was the son of God and through him even a sinner can be saved.
>>
File: lightning.jpg (69 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
lightning.jpg
69 KB, 900x675
>>55301468
Bits are just electricity. You can see electricity.
>>
File: 1437596343451.gif (998 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1437596343451.gif
998 KB, 250x251
>>55302175
Whatever you feel like calling it.

Just don't assume it is ANY THING AT ALL LIKE MANKIND IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FOR FROM.

It is the truly unknowable. Anyone who says they know I either delusional or a lier.

With out religion and the religious another religion will come and suplant your cultural values though, and cults come in all shapes and sizes, so I also understand the need for Christians in my country.

>>55302197
Yeah. Still, most animals are conscious to a degree and get eaten must fucking suck, not to mention torture and all the suffering in this world that comes at random sometimes and cannot always be avoided.

Also all the fates worse than death, and living death that can be inflicted.

I believe that there is something.

I'll know when I die.

I swear to god if he is direct 1:1 of the biblical yahweh my fragile little mind will snap and I will laugh and cry for all eternity while being tortured.
>>
>>55300820
Can you be an atheist without believing in abiogenesis? I don't think so. So, anyone can prove that?
>>
>>55302291
I don't know, I don't recall seeing your flag before.
>Green, red, and yellow
Merry Pisstmas?
>>
>>55302352
God is the creator.

You can see creation.
>>
:)
>>
>>55302368
Okay, at least you're not a fedora.
>>
>>55302263
That's ok. I'm just saying that the emphasis on personally reading the Scripture as opposed to other approaches like getting involved in Church life and rituals is in itself a distinct position. It was quite a controversial statement during the Reformation, which was, in fact, a schism, no other way to put it. Your arguments are reasonable. However if I go to a Catholic or an Orthodox and ask his opinion, he will give me other arguments that will also be reasonable.
>>
>>55300820
>How is it that there are still people stupid enough

like i know, i mean i just dial 1-800-atheist and i get answers to where it all came from, and i'm like science yeah im smart and sheeiiit and you're not fuck ya
>>
>>55302368
You gave yourself away yid.

No where in the bible does God call himself yawhat. His name is Jehovah. He gave it to Moses in Exodus.

Corruption is the result of sin and sin is from man.

God repented creation and almost destroyed it. You know why he didnt? Because Adam ate the fruit so that Eve would not die alone, he was not tricked. He gave up his immortality because he loved her.

There is beauty in this world. Its like the old saying, without the sour, the sweet wouldnt taste.
>>
>>55300820

Only an imbecile posts a photo of astronomical objects and then suggests there may not be the presence of superior entities.
>>
>>55300820
Uh huh and what the fuck do you have that God doesn't.

And why should I believe you and not God.
>>
>>55302507
Take your argument from Jesus who said that man does not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Anyone who tries to stop you from reading God's word is against you and against Jesus. The catholics were antichrist. Thats why the refused to distribute or translate bibles and only read them in languages no one could understand. I can point to bible verses that fly in the face of common catholic practices. If you want, I will.
>>
File: Ywhw.png (4 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
Ywhw.png
4 KB, 256x224
>>55302444
Actually know that I think about it, it all makes sense.

Yahweh confirmed for real creator/demiurge.

>>55302531
I'm not a kike. I just played shin megami tensei 2

I'm just an agnostic who happens to believe that there is indeed a god, but I'm not sure and have no evidence to support that claim.

What? Can't I believe something and still admit I really don't know?

Why is this such an alien concept.

I was raised orthodox Christian I aply the scientific method to everything, even my own beliefs.

And I admit I don't know, and I will when I die.
>>
>>55302632
Part of the scientific method is observing the evidence.

Why havent you read you Bible?
>>
File: 1447001004551.png (813 KB, 593x564) Image search: [Google]
1447001004551.png
813 KB, 593x564
The true God is actually real, it's just that once you pass the frustum of wisdom you really just get temporary super powers of seeing what people decided what they wish not to see. Those who have the wisdom see that humanity has no need to engage in the holy war knowingly. Being enlightened is more of a mental suicide if anything. People don't need to have their minds open for the devils and angels to walk amongst their thoughts. There's nothing up there that we need to being knowing of.
>>
>>55301142
Caring about god's existence or lack thereof is like caring about gays having sex. Your caring isn't going to make any difference, to you or to them.
>>
>>55302681
I have. It's a book.

I'm not here to debate and I'm not going to be converted.

Unless you can find me a god to measure I'm going to continue to believe in... whatever the fuck created this construct that is the multivirate of the omniverse, and all that ever was, is and will be,

Yet understanding as a tiny, short lived little soul trapped in a meat body that highJacks my free will and decisions with chemical secretions that make me feel things, I am simply not equipped to understand it properly.

I am but a man after all.
>>
File: 1387143011304.jpg (172 KB, 683x716) Image search: [Google]
1387143011304.jpg
172 KB, 683x716
>>55301385
How is he a hypocrite?
>>55301437
Atheists can (and should) hate Jews too.
>>55301513
A building can elevate a soul? Impoverishing yourself is a good thing?
>>55301704
We do. Believing in sacred cows is stupid.
>>55301731
Because there is no evidence for him?
>>55301742
>Give us money and our invisible friend will invite you to his super-fun happy playground!
>>55301772
No, it isn't. Even if it were, God of the gaps argument.
>>55301825
The real reason is because it psychologically makes church goers feel small and humble.
>>55301898
Tolerance means putting up with something you don't like. I tolerate Christianity. I think all Muslims should be killed.
>>55301907
And God said:
>Telepathically tell me you love me or else I "save" you from the hell that I created.
>>55301925
Exactly how does clothing make me wrong? Besides, religious clothing looks a lot more ridiculous than a fedora.
>>55301940
Religious people make their own truth by pulling it out of their asses and saying "faith" whenever we demonstrate they have no evidence.
>>55301954
Einstein was an atheist.
>>55302010
Hell does not exist.
>>55302024
>WHAT IS ENTROPY
A thermodynamic concept you obviously don't understand.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence
>>
>>55302754
>I will believe in the creator!
>Creator puts his wishes for you in a book and preserves it over centuries
>You then dont read it.

>>55302799
Hell very certainly does exist. Maybe not as big as the ego of yours but it certainly exists.

Get right with God or face punishment.

God does not conform himself to your expectations. He revealed himself to us through scripture.
>>
>>55302719
Poo in loo get out now.
>>
>>55302621
Sure, Catholic position in this case seems problematic.

However, this line of thought relies on taking the Bible as literally the Word of God. But early Christians didn't even have the Bible as we know it. New Testament texts were written over a long period of time, earliest ones dating decades after Christ's lifetime. Then even later those writings were complied into what we know as Biblical canon by Church councils.

We can argue that God divinely inspired people who wrote the NT and later those who selected texts to be included in the canon. But then, why cannot we argue that God also divinely inspired the Church in other matters, like Catholics and Orthodox say?
>>
>>55302902
>>55295658
C'mere
>>
>>55302799
Well you don't actually know though.

If you ever completely believe in materialism, simply remember that you possess subjectivity.

The hard problem of consious experience lends to the fundamental flaw in science, it cannot answer "why" questions, and anything it cannot measure or touch cannot be quantified.

Every experiment only affects the mind, not the subjective experience.

"Something" experiences reality.

It may not really have free will, but the "soul" exists.
>>
>How does clothing make me wrong
Guys... it's a real fedora...
>>
>>55302916
God promised to perserve his word unto all generations. This is belief is called textus receptus. Literally, recieved text, but what it means is that the book of God that makes it into your hands, is the one he wants you to read.

Bible also warns that the church will become corrupted and wicked. Thats why Jesus says to worship in private, in a closet if neccessarry, but not in public like the hypocrites.
>>
File: Picture_82.jpg (130 KB, 780x663) Image search: [Google]
Picture_82.jpg
130 KB, 780x663
>>55302965
>How do we terraform India
>Pic related
>>
File: canadaball.png (145 KB, 1316x466) Image search: [Google]
canadaball.png
145 KB, 1316x466
>>55303033
It's like you didn't even read the full post
>>
>>55303028
It's circular logic is what it is.

Plenty of reasons to believe in god, yet you chose the stupidest, most outright insane troll logic path to it.

Oh well, a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
File: 564681326848643.jpg (2 KB, 95x95) Image search: [Google]
564681326848643.jpg
2 KB, 95x95
>>55300820
So the billions upon billions of people that have ever lived on the earth for the past tens of thousands of years were all wrong in their belief about intelligent design. Let us give praise and thanks to the big boom that you were evolved over millions of years just in time to remind us that God as we know him does not exist. What should we all do with this new found enlightenment that you have bestowed upon us, oh great and wise bringer of truth?
>>
>>55303111
>God is mighty enough to create creation
>Not so much to inspire a book

Again, God does not conform to the expectations of man. He is what he is and he has revealed himself to us in scripture.
>>
>>55300820

>I don't believe!

So?
>>
>>55303103
Your street food has shit in it.

And you poop outside in the street.
>>55303159

No. Man conforms to rules of emergent causality, which are basically like a huge interlocking set of dominos.

But like such patterns of dominos they can be set up to unfold into a image.

I just wonder what that unfolded image is.
>>
>>55300820

Which god? Do you mean a personal one? Do you mean evolutionists' predefined dualistic strawman god?
>>
>>55303216
Thanks
>>
>>55303159
Not only that, but God not conforming to the expectations of man, and he has revealed himself to us through a book human beings wrote are mutually exclusive ideas when looked at separately.
>>
>>55303159
>revealed himself to us in scripture

No, that's a lie, He uses prophets and all that.

Only a hypocrite that wants to change things inscripture pretends scripture is the way
>>
File: 952.jpg (12 KB, 203x303) Image search: [Google]
952.jpg
12 KB, 203x303
>>55303116
Stop dividing the world along religious lines, stop using religion as an argument, stop sapping vast amounts of wealth from the populations which religion controls, stop teaching garbage in schools.

Religion divides up the world, pits people against each other, umbs down entire populations and controls them.

Religion is a relic of the past, a human creation based on our need to have answers to questions we simply couldn't answer at the time. Now we're able to begin making sense of the universe and the things that exist within it, Religion is no longer needed.

Without it we'll progress faster than ever, people will be educated, populations will thrive and the vast riches that churches have drained from their congregations will go to helping elevate developing countries to a level where they can actually begin developing.
>>
>>55303301
>a human creation

Prove it
>>
>>55303301
OK, now convince the shitskins and the unintelligent to do the same.

Oops, evolution favors the religious in birth rate and natural selection.

Prisoners delima and all that.
>>
>>55303301
Oh look someone is making sense.
>>
>>55303320
Every religious text was written by a human, every idea was thought by a human and every message spread came from the mouth of a human. Humans decide what parts of their religion they like and which they don't, almost entirely arbitrarily based on the prevailing winds.

The burden of proof is on you to back up your extraordinary claim that these things were driven by a divine will. You make extraordinary claims which need at the very least an ordinary amount of evidence for.
>>
>>55303423
>every idea was thought by a human and every message spread came from the mouth of a human

CAn you prove this?

Affirmations aren't proof, but the claim
>>
>>55303028
Well, look at this from Catholics' point of view. In Middle Ages, most people were illiterate, and education was not available. This means they were unable to read the Bible, whether they wanted or not, whether it was allowed or not. This means someone would read and explain Bible for them. It could be someone from the Church, or it could be someone not from the Church. As a Catholic Church member, would you be comfortable with the idea of some random stranger gathering a group of people and implanting his own personal interpretation of Bible on them?
>God promised to perserve his word unto all generations.
According to the Bible, I suppose.
>what it means is that the book of God that makes it into your hands, is the one he wants you to read.
This seems to imply that whatever texts followers of other religions got were also the ones God intended them to read.
>Thats why Jesus says to worship in private, in a closet if neccessarry, but not in public like the hypocrites.
Personally I can get behind this, public worship is something I never understood.
>>
>>55303423
>The burden of proof is on you

I'm not the one making the claim, so no, moreover since as many many others I have already tested religion to be true, it comes down to you being either not very bright, hated by God, an enemy of mankind that wants them in hell or possibly all of them.
>>
>>55303301
>Religion is a relic of the past, a human creation based on our need to have answers to questions we simply couldn't answer at the time. Now we're able to begin making sense of the universe and the things that exist within it, Religion is no longer needed.

No, religion is in the name/pursuit of faith. Humans are rather conservative and if it wasn't wanted/needed it wouldn't be around.

Science isn't the panacea everyone makes it out to be either.
>>
>>55303423
But still remember, we must be humble enough to admit that we really don't fucking know.

Why a universe?
Why life?
Why intelligence and sapience and why are there conditions allowing for such in the system?
>>
>>55303320
We don't know for fact that a god exist.
We do know for fact that humans are able to make shit up.

Considering how many of the religions that have existed and how many of the gods can not or do not co-exist with other gods, it's easy to understand that most of the gods are made up.

It's like having a box that no-oneis able to look into.
You have everybody making different guesses of what's inside the box.
There might be nothing.
And even if there is, most of the people making guesses will be wrong. In fact, everybody may be wrong.
>>
>>55303440
You seem to have ignored all my other points, cherry picking only the ones that you can explain with vague and baseless claims of divine intervention.

If you wish to claim that the entire natural order was suspended in order for an omnipotent super being to implant the idea that women should be considered property into the brain of an illiterate man in the desert, then you better have some fucking concrete shit to go alongside it.

The burden of proof is entirely on you, because I don't claim anything other than what is part of the established natural order.
>>
>>55303555
>We don't know for fact that a god exist.

I do.

I believe because I have seen.

Like me, many do aswell.

This is why you stfu and let us be.
>>
>>55303478
You ask the questions as if there already is some inherent deeper meaning to it all.

You are the one that is not humble enough
>>
File: 1398065370377.jpg (160 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1398065370377.jpg
160 KB, 1024x768
>>55300820

Atheist scientists tell us that they "cannot see black holes directly but infer their presence by detecting their effect on the surrounding area". That is a cute way for a scientist to say "We can only BELIEVE black holes exist because we cannot actually see them".

It's the same with believers in God. We cannot see God but we sense his presence all the time all around us and we can see the effect of God presence in the surrounding area — and we can see the effect of God's absence in a surrounding area as well.

Color blind people cannot see certain colors, and that does not mean we who see color are crazy. Over 95% of the people on this planet sense the presence of some higher intelligence. Scientifically, that is an astoundingly pragmatic number.
>>
File: Silly.png (636 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Silly.png
636 KB, 1024x768
I am...

Everything before me is debatable, everything after me is predictable.

Man is the order to this chaos be it that I am not. People think that personal passion is our own discretion due to free will. Yet those people are bastards in their willingness to cast aside their fellow man's concerns on what is proper. Science is the quantitative assessments on pure symmetry that does not exist externally to our own mindfulness to it.

I like to set parameters to my self, I only can infer my existence within what is intuitive to my own experience. That being the discrepancies of detail extracted from my environment. To be, is to see with my own senses. Information, such as news articles, and t.v. shows, play on the emotional qualities of people for shekels, and I hate jews that wish to have me conform on their jew lies, when in fact I can only reason from the negation of information. I believe myself, and I believe in respecting jew lies, but I hate the exploitation of fear that silly jews give to other's in the maintenance of the shekel making, media machine. It capitalizes of fear of niggers, chinks, sand people, dykes, conservative, jews, and other people that are just people.

Man in his natural form can be decent, proper, and uncorrupted by which the jews create markets for shekels, votes, and hedonism. By reducing men and women to inferior, self-hating, faggot chimps. That is, they condition people to go down the paths of sexual, racial, and economic prejudices which the bring forth in themselves, and then being the jews they are, have a contraposition, for the superior (still inferior jews) to play the role as oppressive. Whereby they both make profits and propagate on the youth in the sequential generations.

It destroys family, cultural roots, and refinement of the arts. In favor of playing onto the chimp psychology embedded into all of us.
>>
>>55303626
Maybe there isn't. Maybe it is all coincidence.

But the questions ask themselves anon.

Even an a.I. would likely ask the same.

Not that I know what an a.I. would think if at all, anouther true unknowable.

Fucking qualia.
>>
>there are people on 4chan who believe in gods
is this bait?
>>
>>55303555
>Considering how many of the religions that have existed and how many of the gods can not or do not co-exist with other gods, it's easy to understand that most of the gods are made up.
But it's not a flat right or wrong issue. Maybe all or some of those gods were human-mediated responses to the divine, with different degrees of accuracy, and described in terms of local cultural imagery.

For example, a caveman could be intuitively aware that something "divine" or "sacred" existed, but being primitive, he expressed this feeling in a primitive way, with a limited amount of concepts available to him: zoomorphic gods, fetishes, places of power, etc.
>>
This is the problem with trying to talk people down from the ledge that is religion.

They have no interest in questioning or being questioned, no desire to find out anything for themselves. They're imbued with this divine righteousness that acts as the be all and end all of any argument that a religious person enters into.

A man of science and of reason can be convinced to believe anything with sufficient evidence and a well made argument. A religious man can only have his opinions confirmed, because all other things are simply "a test by God".

In an ideal world religion would be banned and all practitioners would swing from the rafters. But for some reason this nonsense is allowed to thrive. I'm glad that in most civilised nations the move towards secularity is rather rapid, hopefully within the next few generations or so we'll be more or less religion free in the west.
>>
>>55303301

> Quit subjectifying that way and start subjectifying my way.
>>
>>55303746
But see, there MUST be some evolutionary reason for it.

It also surprisingly increases lifespan, and does being empathetic and optimistic.

That and good luck trying to stomp them out in practice.

And if you succeed. ..
You will just leave the public vulnerable to every two bit charasmatic psychopath who feels the need to be a cult leader.
>>
>>55303854
>It also surprisingly increases lifespan, and does being empathetic and optimistic.
Taking Christianity seriously sent me into a depression though.
>>
>>55303714
No but you are.
>>
>>55303854
Wasn't there just a study that showed that religious children were less empathetic?
>>
The "argument": I don't believe, you must proof it

This is just golden, did xray stop existing in the middle ages because it couldn't be observed?

Atheists are the most unscientific stubborn people on the planet
>>
>>55303854
No, medicine, plumbing systems and safe food available to the masses improves lifespan.

If you can give me some proof of a correlation between the number of theists in a given country and the average lifespan in that country, then I'd give your argument any more than the cursory glance and a giggle that I gave it.

You'll have to try harder than that to justify the existence of religion, it seems you've never even heard of "the dark ages".
>>
>>55303746
See, this is where you have it twisted. Having no religion, you are wanting something very dear to people, their God, to be taken from them. this is why Christians get so angry. You claim you aren't against the idea that Jesus is God, but you are. You wish the concept of him was universally proven false.
>>
>>55304048
>it seems you've never even heard of "the dark ages"

How dark were they? That's where universities come from, I heard
>>
>>55303990
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/06/religious-children-less-altruistic-secular-kids-study
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropology/2015/11/study-finds-that-children-raised-without-religion-show-more-empathy-and-kindness/
http://www.cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822%2815%2901167-7
>>
File: 1435178629396s.jpg (9 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1435178629396s.jpg
9 KB, 250x201
>>55303929
Religious beliefs, not the lovecraftian tale that is the old and new testament.

Most religious people have not read their own holy book, and of they do its rarely critically.

Fucking angels man, no wonder they say fear not.
>>
>>55304099

Imagine a head that is only faces
>>
there are still people
they are motionless today
God never changes
>>
>>55304048
It, like optimism reduces stress.

But there both negatives and positives.

Kikeapedia ahoy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_health
>>
>>55304080
Very, they didn't call it the dark ages because it was a time of cultural and societal advance, it was called that because of the sheer deterioration of humanity during the time.

>>55304069
I don't want to take it away from people, because no one ever will.
>A religious man can only have his opinions confirmed, because all other things are simply "a test by God".
As I said.

I'd like religion to be banned from being taught publicly, and for churches to be considered corporations so that they can start paying back some of the money that they stole from lying to people. I'd also like legislation that protects religious freedom to be completely rewritten to provide only basic religious rights.

Humanity needs to move forwards and fast, because we're going to die on this planet otherwise. Our species isn't meant to live on this little blue marble forever and as it stands religion is stopping humanity from becoming one global community all working towards a common goal.
>>
>>55304198
>it was called that because

Because of the proofs you are about to post?

Here are mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqzq01i2O3U
>>
>>55304198
I just wish natural selection had given us the belief that our God was in outer space waiting for us to come find him.

Now THAT would have been a useful adaptation.
>>
>>55301089

You have completely misinterpreted a concept from a fictional novel and you wonder why "IN THIS CURRENT YEAR" people still don't follow you're example and join the same religious group you belong too....

You're dumb as hell gr8 b8 m8
>>
File: 1447048729679.jpg (15 KB, 211x238) Image search: [Google]
1447048729679.jpg
15 KB, 211x238
>>55304333
He is right about it being congnative disonance though.

And there is a layer of irony attached to his own.
>>
>>55304279
It did for a long while, that's where the imagery of heaven being above the clouds comes from. But once humanity started looking out into space that whole idea was dropped (even though religious organisations were quick to try to silence the dissenting opinion) because it was proven that there's a whole universe out there.

That's how it's been for a long time, religious concepts and dogmas being dropped because they were proven to be false, all religion is left with now is an unshakable faith and a bunch of bigotry. We've already got a very solid idea of how the universe came to be, backed up by plenty of scientific ideas, it might not be right but it's the best estimation we've got and we accept that it might not be right and continue to search for answers.

That's why I'm against religion, it thinks it knows everything and humanity simply cannot advance under its oppressive bonds.
>>
>>55304426
Well, what we need is a faith that's expansionist, humanistic, and brutally xenophobic.

We need to get out into the universe and unfortunately due to the zero sum nature of space, we need to both be brutal enough use relativistic weapons freely, and breed enough to getc as many colonies going as we can.

It takes a long time to populate a planet.

And this is a big universe.

It's the long fucking dark out there and we need to "fix" faith, make it reasoning, not abandon it.
>>
File: fedorian shaman.png (242 KB, 565x609) Image search: [Google]
fedorian shaman.png
242 KB, 565x609
>>55300820
i found a short clip about OP everybody, check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiW3qRlDhig
>>
>invent immensely powerful beings that look like you, share all your views, and will punish all those dumb jocks who bullied you in high school for all eternity
Religion: literally a 13-year-old's Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction.
>>
>>55304642
Seems like a big ask, faith is incredibly hard to change, driving towards secularism is a far clearer path. Outlaw all forms of publicly preached religion and simply wait for it to die out.

If religion is right, then outlawing it's public preaching would make no difference, because humanity would still be drawn towards the existing religions.
>>
>>55304642

This nigger is a Muslim plz fuck off
>>
>>55304392

That's not what double think was all about, they literally had people believe contradictory beliefs so that any argument they ever have to face (or bullshit arguments they produce) can be crushed in the mind of the inner party members and therefore solidify their tyranny and always love BB and the system.

Its like being an American and believing in muh 13 flavours of freedom and then also believing that your a slave to a wage - that the banks own your asses like.

Whenever someone criticizes the us legitimately Americans often respond with some nonsense about muh freedoms, when anyone suggests someones not successful because they do nothing to become a success, dah joos control everything, it creates complacency but at the end of the day you guys all cry 'Murica.
>>
File: 1385070250670.jpg (45 KB, 558x418) Image search: [Google]
1385070250670.jpg
45 KB, 558x418
>>55300820
RAmen brother
>>
>>55304426

You've gone silent with the "dank ages" meme friendo
>>
if le god exists why innocent people die then ?
>>
>>55305029

Why not? Should they stay amidst sinners and become corrupt?
>>
>>55304953
Because I'm not only too tired to sit here sourcing information about a period of history that is notoriously free of any documentation (on account of the religious burning of books and texts) but I'm also not interested in using it as a full argument against religion, I just used it in passing as a concise idea to put the rest of my argument in context.

You could say more or less anything about the dark ages and it'd be backed up by one document or another because there's so little remaining from that time.
>>
>>55305117

What are you babbling about? You were btfo and proven wrong with a single video.
>>
>>55305149
I didn't even watch it, when you want to address the 75% of my arguments you ignored that I actually put some weight behind, I'll take the time to make an argument regarding the dark ages, disregarding all the things I just said.
>>
>>55305213
>I didn't even watch it

So basically you ignore people's arguments and then complain about people doing the same to you.

Go home britboy

The truth is the video proves that it was a flourishing age full of joy with religion.
>>
>>55305058
what if they don't become corrupt?
>>
File: 1434235533860.jpg (557 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1434235533860.jpg
557 KB, 1508x1493
>>55300820
>>
>>55305247
An age in which all dissenting opinions were crushed, all documents and texts which would've kept a record of the world at that time were burned and humanity regressed in terms of social, scientific and cultural status.

Religion flourishing does not equate to the flourishing of humanity, that's a horrendous misrepresentation.

Argument over, now go address my other points you feckless fuck.
>>
>>55300820
why religious people use medicine ? Can't He cure you?
>>
>>55305320
>An age in which all dissenting opinions were crushed, all documents and texts which would've kept a record of the world at that time were burned
How do you know that happened?
>>
>>55301236

You can physically see churches and priests.
>>
>>55305484
The sheer lack of documents remaining from the period. It was a huge gap between the Roman times and the High middle ages, a big gap in history where all the advancements of the Romans disappeared into the aether.

Very simple conclusion to reach, and it's more or less all you can do considering the lack of texts from the time.
>>
>>55300820
God definitely exists, scientists are trying to prove God's existence. They even named a particle after God.
>>
>>55305563
Nice strawman.
>>
ATHEISTS BTFO
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.