[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many calories should a female take in everyday when hiking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: skeletor-he-man.jpg (91 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
skeletor-he-man.jpg
91 KB, 800x600
How many calories should a female take in everyday when hiking with full equipment?
>>
Depends on your size, the weight of your gear, the distance you hike in a day, and how difficult a trail.
>>
>>785314
Tits or gtfo
>>
>>785318
5'2, 110 lbs/1.58 m, 50 kg. I expect my gear to be around 20 kg. The trails will vary, but almost always in mountains/hills I think.
>>
What is your normal TDEE? If you dont know that, find it, and then go one "notch" up on your calculations.
>>
>>785321
http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
>>
>>785321
Assuming you are 25, about 2k using >>785326
>>
>>785319
Go back to /b/ autist
>>
>>785321
>1.58 m, 50 kg. I expect my gear to be around 20 kg
You will have a very hard time carrying that amount of weight unless you are really fit, even if it's just a hike with no serious elevation changes.

What I don't understand is why that amount of weight if you are not mountaineering? I know you are not because you wouldn't be asking.

Based on my experience, you'll need between 2k-4k depending on what you'll be doing and the weather conditions, but that's just to keep your actual weight. You can consume less if it's a short trip (say 4 days max), but you'll need sugar and electrolytes to keep your stamina.
>>
Eat if you are short on energy. There is no magic number. Are you dumb?
>>
>>785357
Having an approximate number so you know how much to buy and don't get stuck low on energy isn't that stupid.
>>
>>785357
She's trying to figure out how much to bring. If she underestimates there won't be anything in her pack to eat when she needs it. It's not like there's a corner store on top of the mountains or wherever the fuck she's going.
>>
>>785365
>>785364
She won't bring enough regardless you tools.
>>
>>785376
Because she's a girl and thus inherently stupid?
>>
>>785378
No she is new to camping and hiking. You are setting this PERSON up for failure by telling them anything besides ways to pay attention to their body.
>>
>>785381
>she
>>785338
>>
>>785395
What are you trying to imply with that list of numbers
>>
>>785356
I did a 5 day hike with that weight last year without problems, and I'm in much better shape now so I should be fine. I don't have money to buy more lightweight equipment so when going on multiple day hikes I'm confined to this. Also taking some books with me so that adds up as well.
>>
>>785381
OK, so let's say she "listens to her body" right now, and brings 2500kcal/day out on her hike, but then "listens to her body" and eats 3000kcal a day when actually hiking. Where are those extra calories going to come from?

By calculating expected calorie needs from known TDEE at a known weight and activity level she can better estimate her needs ahead of time such that she doesn't end up in a situation where she underestimates her needs and RUNS OUT OF FUCKING FOOD.
>>
>>785397
I don't believe you. You can't into google but you figured out how to post and quote on 4keks.

Anyway, I'll post this in case any anons find it helpfull

>http://hikingscience.blogspot.cl/p/calculate-calories-burned_22.html
>http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/57012-Trying-to-figure-out-how-many-calories-are-burned-hiking
>>
>>785399
Thats entirely pointless and leads to possible failure. All bodies are different. She should go to the woods for 2 days with a box of pop tarts and use how many she needed to eat as a PROPER gauge on caloric intake while she hikes.
>>
>>785321
Look at it this way, say your calorie burn will be 3k. Worth it that. In reality it is closer to 2.2k or so but extra food is good while hiking.
>>
>>785399

>RUNS OUT OF FUCKING FOOD.

The bitch is undoubtedly 20 to 40 pounds overweight. It won't starve you dumbass
>>
>>785434
Her weight and length are stated here lol
>>
>>785438
She does'nt exists. The guy started a bait thread after reading this: >>784669

-Same stats
-Claims the same equipement
>>
>>785438
Exactly and it is clearly 20 to 40 pounds overweight you mong
>>
>>785479
No? Bmi of 20 is healthy and not even on the fat side.
>>
>>785356
Makeup and tampons add up man...
>>
>>785321
Honestly you can ask /fit/ but I they might just say STICKY or LONDON

Are you active every day? If so, find out how much calories you eat, and bring that plus ~200 extra just in case.

If you are not active every day bring an extra 400-600 calories than normal.

unless >>785470 you don't exist, then fuck you op
>>
Goddamn /out/ is a fucking joke.
>>
>>785694
Yeah, don't even go to this board if you want to still enjoy being outside.
>>
>>785694
It just seems really easy to troll folks here. Since making mistakes when preparing for lengthy outdoor activities can be very dangerous, all a troll has to do is to recommend that a newbie do something stupid, and then vehemently defend their stupid suggestion against all the more knowledgeable folks while insulting their competence and experience. It's a surefire way to ruin threads and drive away new users.
>>
>>785729
I wish the trolls would go back to whatever they were doing before they came to shit up our board. I came to 4chan after the internet showed me just enough to whet my curiosity, this was back in '05-'06. I posted on my first day, was told to lurk moar, and proceeded to sit quietly in the corner of as many threads as I could in different tabs. Eventually I got bored with the trolls and idiocy, and started hitting other boards looking for something new. I started at the top of the alphabet and lurked my way through. I only stayed around long enough to post on the ones that matched my interests, where I could provide good content. The rest I either noped out of, or remained a lurker. If people would take the time to season themselves before branching out to other boards, we'd have much better content. I'm not even posting the /abc/s of the other boards that are still ≈good, for fear that these asshole posters will migrate there with their ruination. Fuck. Back to lurking moar. Follow my lead unless you've something valuable to say, faggots.
>>
>>785470
>>785479
Real, non-overweight grill OP here. Most of my mass comes from professionally exercising a sport that requires a lot strength and thus muscles. And there are no similarities between me and that movie/thread aside from us both being women.

>>785486
Yep, taking everything with me. Gotta look pretty for the trees.

>>785512
Thing is, some days I eat next to nothing and other days I eat a lot, and it isn't really dependent on how much I do. I don't have a 'base' diet so to say, hence this thread because I have 0 knowledge.
>>
>>786947
>claims exercising professionally
>don't have a clue about basic nutrition
>>
>>786966
So far it's been going fine without it, obviously. It started out as a hobby and still kinda is, never needed to put serious effort into it.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.