[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knives from amazon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 750x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 750x268
Looking into getting a spyderco temperance 2 off amazon. Chance it may be defective? I know cold steel sends their defective stuff there. Does Spyderco, benchmade, etc do too?
>>
>>782699

I've ordered many spydercos from amazon, and I don't think I've ever gotten a defective one or a fake. Just don't order direct from 3rd party sellers. The worst I got was a manix with a stiff lock.
>>
>>782699

*Plus, if you order prime, you can just return it if you aren't happy. it's very easy and no hassle.
>>
Anyone here owned a temperance 2? I'm thru hiking the Appalachian trail in a few months and would like to know if it'd hold up well
>>
>>782699
>>777442
There is a knife general for a reason
>>
>>782710
You are starting a through hike in a few months? I hope you are starting in maine.
>>
>>782891
No Georgia, I always heard it was best to start in Georgia regardless of the cold
>>
>>783165
Gl with that. You are going to be hitting maine in winter.

But yea normally it is best to start in georgia. But most people start in april not august.
>>
>>782699
>I know cold steel sends their defective stuff there

I'd love you to prove that
>>
>>783187
Every machete/ knife I've ever ordered from coldsteels Amazon page has been defective. They'll even admit it just call them and ask, I did
>>
>>783744

Were you ordering their $20 machetes? Those things are always very rough around the edges.
>>
>>783186
I always heard March was the best time to start. I don't want to go when there's going to be a LOT of people to compete with shelters/ water for
>>
>>782699
>Chance it may be defective? I know cold steel sends their defective stuff there.

Seems like Schrade does as well. Just spent the last two hours reprofiling one from Amazon.

You might be better looking for a local shop.
>>
>>783746
Yeah I had a kukri machete with the edge rolled and the blade bent, ended up just throwing it for fun in the backyard
>>
>>783187
Shit poster go back to b
>>
>>782699
Does cold steel actually sell their defectives on amazon? I was thinking about buying one from there....
>>
>>783800

In my opinion, most/all of their cheap south africa 1055's are kinda defective and not made perfectly. Just like all schrades are prone to not be perfect either. I don't think that's just an Amazon thing. I think that's a dirt cheap knife thing with some manufacturers.

Amazon is really good if you buy prime because you can just return the stuff if you don't like it with no hassle.
>>
>>782699
Personally love spyderco knives. I have a harpy, which has done me well for the past 8 years.

Would love to get something built from their H1 steel. Totally rustproof, and strong like a high carbon.
>>
>>784085
LC-200N beats H-1 for edge retention but is a lot more expensive. H-1 works fine with serrations- I have used a Tasman daily for two years and it has held up well, especially for a sub- $65 knife.
>>
>>782710
Yes it will hold up fine.

VG-10 is an all right stainless, and Spydie has plenty of experience heat treating it.
>>
>>784085
I have a Spydie salt, and its H1 is pretty nice. I use it when I am fishing in salt water because it is unaffected, where as all my other steels get at least a haze of corrosion on them.

So for that I like it but it doesn't hold an edge as well as even VG10. Which holds an edge less than D2 and S30V and on up.

Really for general non-salt water use, even in an /out/ environment that is rainy and dirty and bloody and shit, you can't beat the particle metallurgy steels like S30V and S35VN and 3V.

Fucking amazing stuff and for the price I plan to buy that stuff every time I want a new knife.
>>
Just get the ontario ranger TFI
>>
If you have a boner for a Spyderco you might also check out the Serrata for ~$30 less. It has a nice chunky blade and very comfortable handles. The Bradley Bowie also gets good reviews but is a bit more expensive.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.