[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Secret Santa 2015?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: tips fedmora.jpg (236 KB, 604x763) Image search: [Google]
tips fedmora.jpg
236 KB, 604x763
Is it gonna happen again this year? It was really good the last 2 years
>>
>>636188
What's what?
>>
How did it go the last two years?
Did you really give someone on 4chan your address?
>>
File: Coghlans.jpg (19 KB, 146x91) Image search: [Google]
Coghlans.jpg
19 KB, 146x91
>>636193
nah bro you make a wishlist on amazon or something (full of cheep shit) and anons can buy stuff from your list and have it sent to you without ever seeing your personal inf-o-mation

soemthing tells me it's gonna be a Coghlan's year!
>>
>>636193
Not him, but a California /diy/nosaur gave me his address around a year ago so I could ship him some seasoned black walnut. I did so, and didn't even send him any unsolicited pizzas. Still waiting to see the finished project. Last I heard, he killed an electric saw trying to cut the wood.
>>
I hope it happens, I missed last year's and I want to buy some poorfags some compass whistles.
>>
>>636188

does it have to be a swap type thing? Could I just send something?
>>
>>636625
Not sure what you're asking. Sure you can buy people shit without posting your own wish list if you're feeling nice. If you want to mail actual objects to people yourself I suppose you could post an offer and see if anyone's willing to send you their address.

Personally I might''ve trusted an /out/ist with an address or at least a PO box the first 2 years but it's a different board now.
>>
>>636638

I forgot it was an amazon wishlist type thing. I just have a knife or two that I'm not worried about selling anymore.
>>
>>636642
I'd offer them up with a burner email and see what happens, there isn't really much risk at your end.
>>
>>636193
I made some stickers up and gave them away and anons gave me addresses for that. I also gave my address to the anon who gave away the patches. You take a risk but honestly this board is not so bad. This reminded me though that I really should delete the sticker emails in case that email account gets hacked.
>>
>>636188
I'm up for this, last year was fun as fook and I got a decent opinel I still use.
>>
>>636188
Missed out last year, but two years ago I did it and it was fun, I would absolutely be down for it!
>>
So amazon wish list then?
>>
>>636744
sounds good, ill make one now.
>>
File: coghlans.jpg (694 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
coghlans.jpg
694 KB, 800x1067
>mfw my amazong wish list
>>
>>636744
Thats what it always is.
>finally have a real job and money
>>
File: 1373251093502_santa.png (106 KB, 778x778) Image search: [Google]
1373251093502_santa.png
106 KB, 778x778
I don't have a real job or much money but umma set aside $20 or so for anons because it's fun
>>
>>636193
>Did you really give someone on 4chan your address?

We do this on /toy/ every year and there are never any issues
>>
>>636783
Cool man, when we posting our lists?
>>
>>636750

I thought all these items were a joke. Are any of these actually viable or is it 95% shit?
>>
>>637100

I'd say it's only about 50% shit honestly. Coughlin's brand items are cheap as fuck for what you get. I've bought a few odds and ends from them many times over the years and never regretted it.
>>
>>637104
>I'd say it's only about 50% shit honestly
Also, and I say this as a gearfag, sometimes shit is good enough. As long as it lasts the weekend or the summer and gets newfags started out cheaply.
>>
>>637100
nah I use the toilet paper, camp soap, and utility straps. I wouldn't bother buying any of their tools because you are going to want to upgrade anyway.

For their waterproof matches I have ripped the striker and broken many a match but they still work. (and to be fair that could just all be my fault i suck with matches).
>>
>>637126
To add to that I feel so gypped! I am looking through their catalog and didn't know they made so much stuff none of the store's near me sell their full line.
>>
I'd wait until December actually hits before we start up the Christmas gifts properly. I'm more than happy to write a proper post about it and start a thread.

Might also be worth tripfagging in the proper thread so we know who has and hasn't got something from their wishlist. I remember last year some guys spent loads on other people but ended up with others pretending to be them for the gibs me dat.
>>
I participated 2 years ago. Shit was cash. I will definitely be looking for the thread again. I have a better job this time around and will give to more anons.
>>
>>636916
That you know of.
>>
>>637153
Would be nice if you made a proper thread, dunno about the tripfagging though. Does it really matter who takes the credit? We are all anon after all.
>>
>>640242
There is a proper thread, look in the catalog.
>>
>>640247
Doh. After some enhancing of the catalog I found it. Thanks anon
>>
There are ways to get your packet delivered to a postal office of your choice, for free. If you are really convernes about privacy, you can have it sent to another city. This might be particularly helpful for /out/ists from more rural areas, because you still have to give your name.

For the Germans:

https://www.dhl.de/de/paket/pakete-empfangen/postfiliale-direkt.html
>>
Feeling left out as a Muslim....
>>
>>642772
Why? Just post a wish list link, Christmas has become more of a secular consumer holiday than a religious one. Our buy something for someone just as a good deed to a fellow /out/ enthusiast.
Kindness and generosity is the theme here.
>>
>>636188

Catalog much?
>>637331
>>
>>642977
>links 3 day newer thread

>being this new
>>
>>642846
this we always celebrate christmas even tho my family finds religion retarded altogether. also jesus is a recognized prophet of islam to my knowledge and that's kind of his made up birthday.
not seeing the problem.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.