[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QUESTION FOR CALIFORNIANS im 24, have a clean driving record
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: Surfs Up.jpg (751 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
Surfs Up.jpg
751 KB, 1000x800
QUESTION FOR CALIFORNIANS

im 24, have a clean driving record and my grandmother is giving me her Toyota Camry. ( not sure of the year) but its a post-2000 camry.

How much do you think Im going to have to pay for insurance?

I should add that havent had a car since 2012 and my parents paid for my insurance then
>>
ur fucked
>>
>>14835092
These questions are always impossibly broad, even with the state.

Do you commute? How far?
Garage parking? Street? Private lot?
How much coverage do you want?
Deductible?
etc forever
>>
>>14835092
Why don't you call an insurance agent, or go to an insurance website? The odds are it's going to be really expensive because you're extremely dumb.
>>
>>14835122
Let me add to this. It would make perfect sense for you to get a quote and then ask if it sounds about right to us; but asking us to fucking guess you're credit score, driving habits, and general history is pretty dumb.
>>
File: 15428494311_6b59676a8e_k.jpg (754 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
15428494311_6b59676a8e_k.jpg
754 KB, 2048x1152
>>14835111
well heres the thing.

Im going to be moving to california.

Im not exactly sure when. Either at the beginning of summer or the end.

most likely it will be parked on the street. Not sure about the commute as of now. Coverage? the least amount I can get.

>>14835122
>The odds are it's going to be really expensive because you're extremely dumb.

I didnt come here to be insulted. I asked a simple question. I plan on calling an insurance agent but it is 10:19pm EST so I dont think I could get an answer from them right now.

Now tell me why do you think its going to be expensive
>>
File: NZ.jpg (579 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
NZ.jpg
579 KB, 1280x853
>>14835141
Ok thanks. Credit Score? to be honest I never liked using credit cards so i never got one. well I did but didnt use it. But now I am realizing why its important. I have a clean record in general. no tickets and have never been arrested.
>>
Just get some cheap piece of shit insurance, when I had my civic I only paid like 40$
>>
File: 1402790087552.jpg (17 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1402790087552.jpg
17 KB, 429x399
>>14835148
Your first thought was "better ask 4chan." It shows you're intellectually lazy as fuck.

Insurance is based on how responsible an actuary thinks you are (inb4 wut is actuary anon). Being intellectually lazy, you probably have either no credit (due to relying on parents) or bad credit (due to dumb decisions), which correlates with high insurance rates. You might also be lying to us about no trouble with the law; maybe you lost your license when you DUI'd the car your parents bought you (and insured) while you were in college.

Either way, if you were smart enough to check rates before posting, you would likely get lower rates. But by posting before asking, we've got every reason to believe your rates will be high.
>>
If you want to see why your question is dumb, look at this thread and the wide variety of prices paid by people who are generally in your age group:

>>14822286
>>
>>14835274
I checked that out already and decided to make my own thread
>>
>>14835334
Oh, so you saw that there's no consensus on what a 24 year old would pay for shitbox insurance, so you made a thread to ask what a 24 year old would pay for shitbox insurance.

You are top of the class, anon.
>>
File: 1449560175667.jpg (51 KB, 720x757) Image search: [Google]
1449560175667.jpg
51 KB, 720x757
>>14835092
>living in commiefornia
>parents paid for his insurance
>hasnt had a car since 2012
Confirmed for cuck
>>
>>14835448
>living in a flyover state

top kuk
>>
>>14835166
Wawanesa is probably gonna be your cheapest option if you haven't had any accidents and don't plan to in the future; if you do, you're fucked and will probably need to change insurance. I paid $800 a year for a Civic sedan and $600 for "3-door liftback" at 23 with no credit history and one traffic citation from a different state. Not sure if they somehow dug up my misdemeanor and underage drinking charge that should have been expunged, but maybe.

Anyway, call Wawanesa because they can't do online quotes for shit. Literally anything online with them is a pain in the fucking ass but they're fine over phone.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.