[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/o/ what grinds your gears? >when fags try to race you when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 18
File: 1398310167452.jpg (27 KB, 320x248) Image search: [Google]
1398310167452.jpg
27 KB, 320x248
/o/ what grinds your gears?

>when fags try to race you when there's less than 600ft of clear road in front of you
>>
>>14769429
When they cut ahead in front of you just to brake seconds later.
>>
When people dont use their turn signals or when theres a fat line of cars in a lane waiting to merge and you get that one faggot who thinks hes being smart by jumping ahead then trying to merge into the packed lane.
Get fucked.
>>
File: 1456689983318.gif (160 KB, 390x379) Image search: [Google]
1456689983318.gif
160 KB, 390x379
Fat people in the disabled spots.
>>
A lot pisses me off but nothing more than faggot trucks [commercial, not pickup] who cut me off on highways instead of waiting half a god damn second for me to get past them so they can fail at passing people for 20 minutes while showering my car with rocks.

I should be able to sue someone for a new hood at this point
>>
>>14769429
>When people pull out in front of you and slow you down and there's no one behind you. Like you couldn't fucking wait for me to pass.
>people who go 5 below the limit. Just fucking push the gas pedal down 1/18th of an inch and do the fucking limit.
>people who take their sweet ass pimp time to get into the turning lane.
>>
File: 1337748229911.jpg (9 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
1337748229911.jpg
9 KB, 284x177
>>14769449
>doing the speed limit
>guy overtakes me then goes in front of me
>slows down to under the speed limit
>>
>>14769461
Why do you hate yourself?
>>
>>14769429
When I misstime my gearchanges
>>
>>14769429
>when riceboxes try to race me in my ls1 statesman at the lights
>>
>>14769460
That pisses me off to no end. Self entitled fucks.
>>
When my SROD doesn't notch into second right. That's the only thing that ever grinds my gears but I've been getting into the habit of just holding it in
>>
File: 1455302861864.jpg (170 KB, 605x643) Image search: [Google]
1455302861864.jpg
170 KB, 605x643
>>14769429
>sitting in turn lane
>stopped behind 5+ cars
>waiting because red light
>waiting
>waiting
>waiting
>green arrow light comes on
>finally
>waiting
>waiting
>waiting
Fucking people, I have no problem with leaving a safe distance, but in this situation it's better for all to be paying attention and moving with purpose.
>>
When people try to get on the freeway at less than the speed limit. I get so buttraged, I'll be laying on my horn and screaming obscenities at the top of my lungs as I'm stuck behind some old fuck or nigger going 45mph down the I-95 on ramp.
>>
Minding my own fucking business in my M235i. Popping down to the store to pick up some wine for dinner. Every stupid little fucking POS ricer or knuckle dragger in a 'stang wanting to risk license and public safety to get in a little drag race.

Do you little fuckers think I bought this to impress you? Do you think I live to get in stupid little fucking drag races with your stupid ass? Do you think maybe I don't give a fuck about your pathetic car and your pathetic life? Fuck off. I have work in the morning.
>>
>>14769529
Mad your fat shit box can't get off the line fast enough?
>>
>>14769529
Show us a pic
>>
>>14769734
>bought a BMW
>isn't trying to impress people
I don't understand
>>
>>14769734
> pls don't annoy me I need to get up early for my mediocre job to keep paying the lease on my poverty model bmw
> I just want to get cheap alcohol to drain my pain away
>>
>in left lane on 50mph+ road
>car infront of me turns on blinker for right turn
>slows to 10 mph to make a wide turn
Holy fuck cars are made to fucking turn use your fucking steering wheel normies get off my road reeeee
>>
>>14769749
nice meme
>>
File: 1455926206468.jpg (340 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1455926206468.jpg
340 KB, 1280x853
>>14769429
when people brake mid corner.

seriously, are they trying to kill someone?
>>
>car goes to make a simple turn
>takes it as wide as fucking possible.
Fuck off you stupid cunt, you're not a b-double.
>>
>>14769758

So much jelly. So little understand.
>>
>>14769460
This or when some dumb bitch coming out from a parking lot and forces herself into the lane when the traffic is stop at red light
>>
>>14769429
when faggot OP's don't check for duplicate threads

>>14766629
>>
when I turn on my turn signal and there's someone just behind me, and instead of braking slightly they speed up 5 miles an hour and take 20 seconds to pass me.

fucking everybody in dearborn does that shit I hate those dune coons so much.
>>
>>14769850
Fucking this.
>>
>be motorcyclist
>people try to merge into me constantly
>despite me having a straight piped R1
>don't even get mad at them
>just get out of the way and then ahead of them
>usually give them a "dude wtf" kind of hand jesture

>had one guy nearly run me off the road
>caught up to him at a light
>asked him what the hell
>he told me if I didn't want to get hit I shouldn't ride
>fucking flaberghasted
>knock his mirror off like a squid right as the light turns green and sanic away

Literally the only time I have ever been beligerent on my bike, fuck that guy.
>>
>>14769915
I had some texting shitwit almost run me off the road on my bike once, I came up to lecture him at a stop light and he got all indignant but shut right the fuck up when I pointed out that I have a helmet cam.
>>
File: 1458437278059.png (56 KB, 326x185) Image search: [Google]
1458437278059.png
56 KB, 326x185
>Faggot on the other lane overtakes a car with almost no distance between him and me
>Me and the other guy have to brake so faggot doesn't crash
>>
>Drive bright silver pickup
>Dumb cunt texting and merging at 75-80 mph at least
>Keep in mind this is a little 4 lane Nebraska highway
>I was doing 60 because of a semi up in front of me
>Dumb cunt rear ends be so hard in her jeep commando that the ass end of my truck got airtime
>Tried to blame it on me when the cops and amberlamps get there
>Go to court
>Cellphone records pulled to determine if the phone was active at the time of the crash
>Yep

Thanks for the neck pain and the new truck you fucking oxygen thief.
>>
File: 1458578387819.png (169 KB, 599x604) Image search: [Google]
1458578387819.png
169 KB, 599x604
>>14769813
>>
>>14769734
I would be flattered as I politely decline.

>BMW drivers really are assholes
>>
This was really grinds my gears.
>>
>>14770753
Meant to say grinding but whatever close enough.
>>
>on the far right off ramp lane
>lane is a little bit wider right as it merges off the expressway before narrowing to one lane
>asshole in a minivan rides the shoulder of the offramp just to cut 4 cars

fuck you
>>
People slamming my doors

People complaining about exhaust smell & heat

People thinking they can touch my music or adjust my air

Sit the fuck down
Strap the fuck in

Youre in my dojo bitch
>>
>>14769479
I try not to be that guy but sometimes I find myself in front of someone after passing him 5 kms over the limit. After that I feel obligated to keep going until they're out of sight.
>>
>>14769479
but anon you were cucking him! xD
>>
>>14769744
just bought it yesterday, waiting to get rego transferred so didn't bring it to work today
it's a wk though, looks pretty nice though conservative

>>14769741
lmao, because of all the weight shifting onto the rears they actually hook really well in the dry on a straight
>>
>at intersection
>green light for me
>making left turn
>asshole runs a red light
>almost hits me
>honks and gives me the finger

Sometimes I can't comprehend what would make a person act like an asshole that owns road.
>>
>>14769460
well there's a free lane for miles ahead before the lane ends. There's really no reason not to use it. Drivers should really have no problem disbursing into that lane until near the end.
>>
>>14769759
I always see a shitload of old people doing that move on the road, and they almost all drive big suv or 4WD crossover, I mean for god sake these people are so insecure about driving why bother buying a sporty crossover if your not even trying to turn.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 1060x404
>>14770800
>people slamming my doors

HOLY FUCK That shit grinds my gears to the point where there aren't any teeth left. I have told my friends mulitple times not to slam my doors but what does the normie scum keep on doing? They keep on slamming the doors. I'm thinking about dirching them all and never hanging out because of it
>>
>>14770936
I mean if its into a cul da sac or residental neigborhood I can understand tho I've rode with this one guy straight rager and I had to tell him that.
>>
>>14769471
Same, whenever i see that blinker go on i floor it
>>
File: 1340926113359.jpg (11 KB, 278x282) Image search: [Google]
1340926113359.jpg
11 KB, 278x282
>>14769429
>park motorcycle at front of spot so no one thinks it's empty
"hue hue hue hey man why are you taking up a whole spot with your tiny motorcycle, I nearly drove over it. huehuehue"
>city gives tickets for parking outside of designated areas
>>
>>14769775
this is how I crash my MR2. it's even freakier on a motorcycle
>>
File: gwyafgwyaf.jpg (12 KB, 257x296) Image search: [Google]
gwyafgwyaf.jpg
12 KB, 257x296
>>14769915
You need to learn lane positioning. You also need to assume that no one can see or hear you because believe it or not you are small and most people don't actually look for bikes. I've never had this problem.
>>
People driving at night or in rain/fog with no lights on. Sure faggot you can see the road but you have practically rendered yourself invisible to other drivers.

>>14769759
or even worse
>on 50mph+ road
>car slows down to 10mph seemingly for nothing
>turns on their signal as they start their turn

>>14769471
you should probably keep a better following distance.

>>14769734
>Do you little fuckers think I bought this to impress you?
>Makes a point to tell all of us he has a BMW
yes

>>14769759
>on parking lot entrance road
>car in front of me signals to turn right
>I keep a big following distance so I shouldn't need to slow down because they'll be out of my way soon
>car gets half way through the turn and slams the brakes while still half way in my lane
>I suddenly have to slow down
>crawls the rest of the way at 1mph for no reason

>>14769775
This.

>>14769784
THERES NO NEED TO SWERVE FROM THE TURNING LANE INTO THE DRIVING LANE IN FRONT OF 55MPH TRAFFIC BEFORE YOU TURN HOLY FUK

>>14769937
>"I got you on video!"
I never got why people do this. It's not like it makes any difference to what happened or what's going to happen unless they caused an at-fault accident, where you can prove they were at fault (police would usually be able to figure it out anyway).
Also I ride around with a cam.
>>
>no turn signal on, glance
>appears to be free
>try to be nice and put signal on
>1001 people there now
Honestly think there should be a two stage turn signal where one is "I want to turn" and the next is "I am turning"

>pouring rain
>everyone's doing the limit
>get honked at as I'm not going fast enough

>talking to people about insurance in local area
>get complains because it's too cheap
>WHY IS U RATE SO GOOD ANON R U SLEEPING WITH SOMEONE
>I've never had an accident or ticket.
>WELLLL DAAAAMN ANON THAT MAKES U A LOSER U GOTTA HAVE FUN ONCE IN A WHILE AM I RIGHT

>want to learn how to replace fluids and do basic maintenance
>UR GONNA RUIN UR CAR
>Maybe if I keep fucking driving it forever after it starts to act funny and ignore every warning sign that I've done it wrong
>...UR GONNA RUIN UR CAR

>people have been living in the city for years
>still somehow doesn't know that the right turn lane on this one ends in less than 100 feet after the turn on the other street (which is why every other single person was crowding the other turn lane)
>no slowdown or turn signal, just waits until the end and slams on the brakes and will wait for an opening to get over and stay on the road

But my personal worst
>trying to make a right onto a highway from a non-onramp
>look left to see oncoming traffic
>fucking people trying to make a left are literally at the absolute edge of the lane or even sticking out a little bit and nobody is oriented properly for me to see through their windows, can't see shit, people behind me so I can't back up, and have to wait for them to make their left
>>
File: images.png (5 KB, 186x90) Image search: [Google]
images.png
5 KB, 186x90
>It was 75 degrees on friday
>Enjoyed an hour or so of spirited driving
>Looking forward to today for more adventures
>Wake up, look outside
>35 degrees for today's high
>3 inches of snow on the ground
>Roads have been re-salted
>Please kill me now
>>
>>14771006
Ohio/Midwest fag?
>>
>>14770934
Nice troll attempt but thats not how it works WHEN THE LINES ARE ALL SOLID for atleast 100ft.
1 to go Left, 1 to go Straight, 1 to go Right.

The worst offenders of this bullshit are the soccer moms driving around in brand new Tahoes/Suburbans/Silverados with some sort of "cuntry gurllll" decal.

1/2 the time theres a cop waiting too because that move Blocks the Right hand turn lane so then traffic gets backed up for like a 1/4 mile.
>>
>>14771098
upstate New york, senpai
>>
>>14771001
>I never got why people do this.
People behave better when they're on video
>>
>>14771216
I think he was referring to places where a lane ends or 2 lanes become 1, not running up a turn lane and trying to force yourself into the straight lane.
>>
>>14771282
Oh okay, that makes sense then.
Ugh ima prob get off the Internet now, too sick and short tempered.
>>
>>14769730
This so much this
>>
>>14769775

git gud
>>
>>14769460
i dont mind the jumpers. what pisses me the fuck off the most is when the one being jumped is a massive pussy ass faggot and lets everyone through.
>>
>>14769429
>two lane highway I take everyday
>coming up on entrance ramp
>guy next to me slightly ahead is going 70, I usually cruise at about 85
>guy sees more than one car trying to get onto highway
>gets scared and instead of letting them merge in his lane he'll just slow me down in the fast lane
>every
>time
Why
>>
>>14771003
>trying to make a right onto a highway from a non-onramp
>look left to see oncoming traffic
>fucking people trying to make a left are literally at the absolute edge of the lane or even sticking out a little bit and nobody is oriented properly for me to see through their windows, can't see shit, people behind me so I can't back up, and have to wait for them to make their left

Not for highways specifically but I fucking hate this. I drive a grand am and since I'm tall I have to have my seat all they way back and then I lean it back even more just to keep from rubbing my head on the ceiling. So I'm sitting pretty low. And I live in Iowa, which means a fuck ton of trucks and SUVs. Hell, last week some bitch pulled up beside me in a SUV while I was getting ready to make my right blocking my view. I pull up a bit more so I can see past her and the fucking cunt pulls up more to block me again. I pull up about to turn when she, once again pulls up and blocks my view. I said fuck it and waited for the damn light, thankfully I didn't have to wait long.
>>
>>14771396
I'm the guy that would move into the fast lane. It's for a pretty simple reason. Safer for me. I don't need some shit head to not pay attention while merging on to the highway and I have to try to dodge them. Been there, done that, fuck that noise. I'll just move into the fast lane until I'm past the ramp.
>>
>people in the left lane pulling up too far
ree.
If the person to your right turning right can't go due to traffic then you won't be able to either so stop pulling up to try to look ahead. Not only are you blocking peoples' view but you're making it harder for people to turn left onto your road.

>>14771427
this. It's not a big deal to go the speed limit in the fast lane for 20 seconds. Also he will likely be passing the mergers anyway so he's doing no wrong to be in the passing lane.
>>
>getting honked at for stopping at a stop sign
>>
2 lanes, turn only and straight, turns into one lane after red light
>be in straight at red light
>turns green
>person in turn only keeps going straight
>they honk like you're the one fucking up

I can tolerate people making mistakes but when they start getting shitty about it like it's not their fault drives me in a blind rage.
>>
>Park
>go inside store
>go to leave
>cunt suv parked on right, shitdick bro truck on left

Thanks cocksuckers. I love blindly backing up in the lane. I got rear ended this way.
>>
>>14771492
back into your parking spot then
>>
>>14771399
>I drive a grand am

I am so sorry for your loss.
>>
>>14769429
>nobody knows how free flow lanes work
>every idiot in a jacked up pickup or riced out fart cannon civic attempting to race me at lights

Every fucking day. I'm never buying anything sporty looking again.
>>
File: 1458876293931.jpg (7 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
1458876293931.jpg
7 KB, 400x266
>own a 2005 s2000 with aftermarket twin turbo
>lil bro sees it
>says my car is weak and thinks i wasted my money
>his 16 y/o friend daddy buys a 1997 bmw 4 cylinder (i have no idea of the model it was scraped off)
>"woah dude this car makes your car look like a piece of shit"
>i ask why
>"cause its a BMW anon"
>Lose my shit
>>
Jesus Christ you people are fucking pussies

I thought I got mad over stupid small shit, but some of you get your pussies sore over the smallest and meaningless shit. For fucks sake

You wouldnt last five fucking minutes in NYC/northern NJ if THIS is the shit you cry about
>>
>>14771573
I drove in Ny and Nj, its literally just a bunch of guidos yelling at eachother
>solution: roll up your window and listen to music and enjoy the 1 hour ride to get past 3 blocks
>>
>>14771573

>everyone in Jew York and poo jewsy is asshole road rager

Its you guys what gots the problems I swear!
>>
File: 1426708076032.jpg (96 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
1426708076032.jpg
96 KB, 531x471
>>14771492
Fuck I hate this
>Literally park at the ass end of the lot, almost 5 minute walk to store
>come back to car
>3 cars to either side of mine

Jesus christ people what? I just walked by like 200 empty spaces and you fucks had to park right next to me?
>>
>>14771543
Curious about the hate for grand ams. Mine is the GT coupe and it's nice. Nothing amazing by any means but I don't get why /o/ thinks I should sell it or why you guys keep on saying things like "sorry for your loss".
>>
File: 20160403_172550.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160403_172550.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
shit teir sparkplugs
>>
>>14771614
No idea. My mother drove a grand am for a bunch of years and it never gave her trouble until the fuel injectors got mucked up by bad gas (or so she said)
>>
>>14771001
>you should probably keep a better following distance.
From the truck who was in another lane then cut me off? If you're within 15 car lengths of the fucks you're going to get dented
>>
>>14771590

>I drove in nj that one time

You're a special snowflake huh?

>>14771592

Again, 90% of these things people are bitching about aren't even a big fucking deal. I mean if you're getting mad about someone merging ahead of you in a fucking ramp? You're a pussy just bottom line. Most of you have to be under 20 to get mad over all this retarded shit.
>>
>>14771455
I swear to fucking god every week I get some impatient soccer mom that lays on the horn for stopping for 3 seconds on a stop sign. hate it
>>
>>14771459

There's a weird intersection where I live where the straight lane is also the left turn lane and the other is right turn only. Every other intersection in the city has the second lane as left turn only. I try to avoid going straight out of there because it's always a clusterfuck.
>>
>>14771614

the average GM driver lost their ability to think critically the moment they took the keys to their FWD turd of a sedan
>>
>>14772263
So whats wrong with it? Do you just hate FWD? Or do you just hate sedans? If you didn't know they did make the grand am as a coupe in addition to a sedan model.
>>
>>14769734
Oh I have a personal experience with one of you. And I mean very similar model. m135i, in front of the supermarket on a nice 1/4 mile straight, I'm in my miata, top down, going about 60 kph, no intention of speeding. m135i in front of me floors it as soon as he sees me. why? i don't know, but he pulls away, obviously because lol1.8, but by the end, there's a right corner 90 degrees. he goes in about 40kph, and I go in about 70. why? if you were trying to race me, why not go through with it. then we both turn into the same residential area. speed humps every 100-200m he goes over each one of them and floors it, then brakes immediately as soon as he sees the next one. why? sport exhaust on all throughout because of course. it sounded pretty good. but why would you try to race a 20 year old shitbox convertible, what do you people have to prove
>>
>>14769529
>holden
thats enough
>>
>>14770800
>exhaust smell
just fucking fix the problem you lazy cunt.
>>
>>14770753
What causes that
>>
>>14769759
Maybe it was an American car
>>
Stance
I don't know why but of all the car trends I see on the road stance just sets me off. I always yell faggot at them as I drive by. I don't know why it triggers me so much but it does.
>>
Me, when attempting clutchless shifting without a quickshifter
>>
File: 1375366365604.gif (984 KB, 149x158) Image search: [Google]
1375366365604.gif
984 KB, 149x158
>>14771003
>WELLLL DAAAAMN ANON THAT MAKES U A LOSER U GOTTA HAVE FUN ONCE IN A WHILE AM I RIGHT
im about to climb the belltower with a magnum
>>
File: 1459175871289.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1459175871289.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>bus wants to merge in front of me
>w/e he has right of way
>slow down
>he slows down too
>his lane is about to end
>>
>>14771572
That s2k sounds pretty sweet abon. Got any pics?
>>
File: 1458243079973.png (852 KB, 699x673) Image search: [Google]
1458243079973.png
852 KB, 699x673
>>14772457
>mfw F-Type Jag smokes my 12s 0-60 shitbox on straight but im on his ass through every corner in the rain
>Trail braking, handbraking and heel toeing like a mad cunt to pass him
>He does the ricer flyby on the last straight

If you're gonna have a fast car at least be able to corner
>>
>>14769730
Or worst
>taking on ramp going over speedlimit
>trying to merge when truck is occupying the right lane
>running out of road since he won't go into empty left lane or slow down
>sideby side when I romp it & overtake him before the end of my lane doing 80 in a 55
>buttmad asshat lays on his horn for a full 5 seconds behind me
>put distance to get away from pissed off white trash in ranger
>couple minutes pass, go to take my exit
>truck comes up in the left lane
>look over and see his window open & him yelling, but have no idea what the fuck he's saying
>pull off towards exit when he whips a half full can of budlight towards my window
>ends up hitting my rear quarter panel & splashing over the rear of my hatch
>too late to merge back so end up taking exit
>try to go back on on ramp to find the fucker & put my crow bar thru his windshield
>get stuck at light for too long
>start flying down highway trying to hunt them down
>after 20mins of passing exits realise i lost them & give up
Left a clearcoat scratch that polished off, but still plan to run that shitheap off the road into a tree if i ever see them again
>>
>>14769429
when people call my Honda a miata
>>
>>14774746

just call the damn police
>>
>>14769429
Volkswagen and their use of plastic
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.