[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's up /o/! I was given a non running Yamaha it200 today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
What's up /o/!
I was given a non running Yamaha it200 today for free. I didn't have much time to mess with it but I'm new to bikes and 2 strokes so it's gonna be fun. So if anyone has advice/knowledge help is very appreciated.

The motor turns, I ran the kickstart. The shifter works. The throttle cable works, clutch cable, both brake cables work too. So far I've pulled the tank and drained it(getting new fuel/oil tomorrow), and I pulled the spark plug. The spark plug was pure black, so I cleaned it, plugged it in and set it on top of the cylinder head. I ran the kickstart and watched the plug to verify spark, and then went ahead and ordered a new plug to replace it from Oreillys. I also pulled the air filter and it was so fucked up I just threw it away. It had the consistency of a brownie.

I don't even know what year the bike is. It has a 36mm makuni(?) carb, and it seems like it needs minimal work to get this thing running. What should I do next to get closer?
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>13829322
More bike.
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>13829322
>>13829326
More bike part 2, seats not ripped somehow.
>>
http://www.electricmotorsport.com/ev-parts/motors/hub-motors/enertrac-mhm602-brushless-10kw-hub-motor.html
>>
>>13830773
Cool but I want it to stay a 2 stroke.
>>
Bump?
>>
Pull the carb and clean it/rebuild. You don't want a clog making it run lean on a 2stroke
>>
>>13829322
Get a new air filter, oil the chains and go have fun. Personally there's nothing else I can figure out at the moment. You have already done everything I would have done.
>>
>>13832646
That was my next step. Clean it up.
>>
Can anyone explain these 200cc?
So it has an 800cc oil capacity. It states 10w-30 or 10w-40 transmission oil.
Does it not use regular engine oil? Just tranny oil in the crankcase/trans?
>>
File: abs.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
abs.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>13829322
>>>>>>>/dbt/

your local motorkekle thread
>>13834193
>>
I got it running /o/!
leaks fluid from the crankcase medium drip
smoke comes from where it the block/headpiece connects to the crankcase
how fucked am I?
>>
>>13836257
probably just needs new gaskets
>>
>>13836257
2 stroke gaskets easy to replace. crankcase drip.. not so easy if its at the case split
>>
>>13836440
>>13836653
I was hoping to hear that about the gaskets. I can order a new case online apparently for not too much. It's a 2 piece assembly. I'm hoping the leaks not bad
Gotta clean the whole engine/crankcase/trans and check it out.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.