[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright gang, what's your favorite track on here and why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7
File: painting with.jpg (99 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
painting with.jpg
99 KB, 640x640
Alright gang, what's your favorite track on here and why is it Golden Gal. I think it's a 10/10 song
>>
me too
>>
Golden Gal top track
Bagels in Kiev and Vertical great
>>
Its a tie between Golden Gal and Burglars
>>
Summing The Wretch or Recycling
>>
The double-vocal delay thing is an annoying gimmick!!!! make it stop!!!!!!!!

I didn't like CHZ's voice affects either why do they just do this?!?!?!
>>
>>62628702
But Floridada (good single) The Burglars and Golden Gal seem cool
>>
It's a close tie between The Burglars and On Delay. This album is GOAT
>>
It seems the general consensus is Burglars is best.
>>
>>62628691
This.

Recycling is amazing. One of their best closers.
>>
>>62628769
Fucking agreed. Recycling is the only song on the album that really resonated with me.
>>
>>62628769
agreed. unrelated, but while we're on the subject: it gives me a weird day-care sort of vibe.
>>
>>62628163
>>62628408
>>62628454
>>62628583
>>62628691
>>62628702
>>62628732
>>62628739
>>62628762
>>62628769
>>62628893
Animal Collective - Painting With (2016) [320]
>Experimental Pop, Psychedelic Pop https://mega.nz/#!AF5XEYKS!QGID7gf4IA7Uy4sIjdOsrp10JdouXiT0TivvjsoF7sI
>>
Its hard to pick. All are so fucking good
>>
>>62628978
Is this DJ Aaron again?
>>
>>62629055
no
>>
Its so hard to pick only one, i can think of four 9/10 tracks on this album
I'm picking On Delay probably

>>62629055
79megas, yeah probably

the true 320 has 94megas i think
>>
Am I the only one who thinks On Delay is severely overrated? I still like it but nothing about it stands out for me besides the intro.
>>
>>62629122
the intro? the best part is that psychadelic cut

>It was nice It happened twice

All the song is amazing tho
>>
anyone got the lyrics!?
>>
>>62629291

Which one? Some are on Collected Animals already
>>
In a few years this album might even be seen as a huge fail but "On Delay" will always have a spot on the best tracks ever written by AnCo list

Im quite sure of this
>>
Anybody else here like Vertical? I really like that one. The Burglars is awesome too.
>>
>>62629507
Vertical was my most hyped song for the album when the samples leaked. On Delay ended being my favorite though

>AAAAND IT WAAS NIIIIICE
>>
>>62629507
On Delay, Bagels, Vertical, The Burglars are top tier here
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 400x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 400x312
Vertical, hocus pocus, burglars, bagels, on delay, spilling guts and golden gal are the best songs on the album. Golden girl being better than anything on centipede.
>>
>>62629245
This, the intro entrances you but during this part it just feels like a happy little psychedelic train steaming along, a quality I feel I think I can also has.

>>62628163
I have no clue why there's so much love for golden gal, it doesn't feel like it fits on the album at all and reminds me a lot of little fang, not in a good way. If someone could explain to me it'd be much appreciated. But yeah my favorite track is spilling guts though I seem to be the only one.
>>
>>62629507
>THE PARKING LOT IS WAY TOO HOT
>>
That piano on On Delay is so Feels-y

People not completely agreeing that On Delay it's the best track on this album proves that P4k 6.2 is an unforgettable meme

>>62629783
Correction:
>My feet cant cross the parking lot is way too long, for me
>>
>>62629363
all of em!
>>
>>62629856
Is that the correct lyrics?
>>
Golden Gal is so awesome, the beat is almost like something a Top 40 artist would do. It's so big and accessible, but with that unmistakable AnCo weirdness. Love it.
>>
>>62629863
Lurk here
http://collectedanimals.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4070
>>
>>62629905
Not sure obviously, but seems so
>>
>>62628163
recycling is so god damn good man
>>62628691
>>62628769
>>62628893
these guys know whats up
album was definitely a 9/10 for me and is one of my favorite anco albums, only problem was the lack of the emotional/dronier songs but i came in with that expectation, so i was fine with how it turned out besides that.
>>
Am I the only one that loves Natural Selection a lot? The chorus just has this fuckin urgency to it.
>>
>>62629968
Muh nigga
>>
GOLDEN GAL ON HER SCREEN
>>
any idea if the two 7" tracks are out there yet?
>>
link please

also why didn't AnCo continue with the sound they had cultivated on the honeycomb/gotham single?

chz was just okay but not deserving of the hate
>>
grandpa we had sweet days on the beach and dinner i remember
wish we could walk along and you could watch the waves until the currents have timbered
these days i'm not so sure of who is getting along or if they were before
i wasn't there when Moses parted the sea
i wasn't there with your grandpa back in kiev

with the ladies dressed so nicely
their home made reds and sudden textures
have you since found some peace its like we can’t escape all the noise and violence

do do do do

bagels for everyone
that's the kind of thing you would have wanted
there should be lots to eat
or how could they expect to get an entire job done
i wasn't there with noises part of the scene

BEST
>>
>>62630306
I don't understand how this doesn't constitute as an "emotional" song that everyone is saying this album is lacking. Is it because it's not a ballad?
>>
>>62630306
Fuck man.
>>
>>62628978
Thanks m8
The one I got from SLSK was just IaAotS
>>
i srsly wasnt expecting this album to be so good
at least an 8.5/10 or something like that im not really into rating albums
fave tracks?
damn i feel like is a little too soon but this far i really love bagels in kiev, on delay, floridada, golden gal, vertical hocus pocus and every other track tbqh who im kiddin
lmaoing at the haters who cant enjoy this album
is so uplifting, is better than prozac, you can tell avey is alright again
i love anco, bros :)
>>62629856
>That piano on On Delay is so Feels-y
yeah i noticed that too, that track has a lot of cool stuff going on
>>
>>62628938
Thats the feel the entire album was going for
>>
>>62629968
yeah the chorus really holds up the entire song
im not really that into panda in this album tbqh
im lowkey /team avey/ btw so maybe im biased
>>
>mfw blaming On Delay for not allowing Bagels to receive all the attention on this album

>mfw P4k >6.2
P4k is like the Kanye of the mags, they honestly went nuts on this
>>
people who are sayin these album doesnt have good melodies are fucking out of their minds
>>
>>62630598
Not really, although I'm digging this album, I still think it could have turned out better. Panda fucked it up, if not we would have a new MPP over here. And I generally prefer Panda songwritting over Avey
>>
can someone pls tell avey via instagram that pitchfork fucking sucks and that everyone else that isnt a hothead thinks this album is great? the guys deserves it
also
>that piano thingy at the end of Vertical
hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng
>>
>>62630800
someone already did and here's his response
>>62625536
>>
>>62630598
>>62630732
I'm not as into Panda's songwriting on this album (Avey takes that easily), but vocally I think he really, really, really fucking delivered. I may enjoy his vocal performance more than Avey's, despite the fact that Avey wrote the better songs by a large margin.
>>
File: 6+325884.jpg (27 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
6+325884.jpg
27 KB, 500x409
>>62630732
>And I generally prefer Panda songwritting over Avey
cmon dude
i love panda and respect him a lot as a musician and as a top-tier husbando but avey clearly is better at melodies/lyrics
i mean, just compare STGSTV with Person Pitch
i really like Panda's style tho, but it simply isnt his thing, he even admits it, i dont remember the interview, is hard for him, thats why like 80% of anco material is written by avey "aka rap god" tare
>>
>>62630911
>I may enjoy his vocal performance more than Avey's
yeah agree
is just that his voice is too qt tbqh
but avey really went nuts on the burglars
>>
>>62630928
I think Panda is much better at melodies, actually and believe PP > Spirit. Avey is definitely stronger lyrically though, but I tend to not register lyrics as much.

It's all a matter of preference, dude.
>>
I really like floridada.
>>
>>62631014
>>62630928
They both have their strengths and weaknesses when they're apart. What makes them so good as AnCo is that their strenghts build upon one another's so well.

Team Avey Tare and Panda Bear 4 lyf (love you too geo and deak)
>>
>>62629245

That part is so damn beautiful and ethereal. I love On Delay. A lot of this record touches me in a way my favorite psych pop records do.
>>
>>62630928
Same guy here
I love panda songwritting. He makes simple but catchy songsl, I really believe he has a huge talent for pop tracks. Not sure about it on PW tho.

Lyrically I might agree that Avey is better, cause he's artistically better at it, but one thing I love about Noah is that he doesn't really hide a lot in his writting. He's deep and direct af. Honestly, I almost cry listening to his vocals and lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfM-plwiWao

If I ever wrote "Im Not" I wouldn't have the balls to put it out
>>
>>62629471

I really think if anything people will come around to this record. There's nothing really wrong with it like ChZ, which has pretty poor production and mediocre songs. PW has all at least really catchy songs, great lush harmonies.. I don't even get the criticism that "it sounds just like Boys Latin".. All of these songs have totally different vocal arrangements.
>>
I honestly couldn't pick, I love the whole thing all the way through

It bums me out that not as many people feel this way after this morning
>>
>>62631014
>PP > Spirit
ok ;(
>>
>>62629912

I really get the feeling Golden Gal could have been a hit in someway. Doesn't seem like it will be, but I can totally see it being played on the radio. I find it accessible enough
>>
>>62629122
AHHHHHHHHHH THE DELAAAAAAAAY
>>
>>62631182
yeah they are both fucking great never mind
>>
>mfw summing the wretch
it could have been a 10 bros...
>>
>>62628583
this
I also fell in love with Floridada and Summing the Wrtech
>>
>>62630306

I appreciate that a lot. This is the one song I couldn't wait to read the lyrics to

>>62630403

So true.. It's definitely an emotional downbeat song, no one ever mentions that for some reason

Golden Gal isn't exactly as upbeat as the rest either
>>
Hocus Pocus blew me away!

Just finished and this album is definitely a 9/10, every song has something great, I only found that 1 or 2 were not that good
>>
>>62631398
We are lucky have both on the same group anons

Just to add that Im Not lyrics are about Noah not being ready to be a father at the time, that touches me a lot fuk

>>62631531
>Golden Gal isn't exactly as upbeat as the rest either
I agree with this. It's not as fast paced as the others and it lacks something on that doesnt truly allow me to enjoy it as much as the other top tier tracks
>>
>>62631611
'
Agreed, Hocus Pocus is straight up awesome and I agree there's only 1 or 2 weaker songs. Mostly Summing The Wretch really, the rest is fantastic.

Recycling was initially my favorite song but the more I listen the more that it is hard to choose a favorite. Almost every single song is so great
>>
1. Hocus Pocus
2. On Delay
3. The Burglars
4. Bagels In Kiev
5. Recycling
>>
>>62631687
>Just to add that Im Not lyrics are about Noah not being ready to be a father at the time,
:((((((((((
i just want to hug him, and im not even gay
or am i?
i dont want to touch his penis or anything but he is really qt3,14, bros...
>>
File: [pandaIntesifies].gif (3 MB, 304x219) Image search: [Google]
[pandaIntesifies].gif
3 MB, 304x219
gotta say The Burglars for madman Avey's vocal delivery and the great Panda backing vocals

Off topic, but I wonder how Slasher Flicks would have fared on P4k if it was released today, not that I care too much, thought that was a good record as well
>>
File: psst...overHere.jpg (88 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
psst...overHere.jpg
88 KB, 500x386
Here's the FLAC link if anyone wants it and wasn't aware of it
>>
>>62632649
Whoops

mega:///#!Et0jVZYY!-el2RrHkW1X9oecZUelQ7eWwFGB7SCA5G4JnL49pCHk
>>
>>62628163
Bagels in Kiev or Vertical
>>
Bagels

That synth ambient/noise-y line reminds me of good old Spirits
>>
>>62632866
spirit :( </3
i know i can listen to it everytime i want but idk why i feel like a miss it
is just an album ffs
>>
>>62628978
Can anyone confirm if this is the true 320?
>>
>>62633090
Don't think so, the true one had a rar 93/94megas size
>>
>>62633130
Oh ok, thank you.

I found the real 320 is hidden in the archive. Size is 94.3.

Animal Collective - Painting With
https://mega.nz/#!bU4ynAJZ!n1SNJE1vrqOvVAnuJtsCl0Wxc3n_Z3vUXaxTotmYpfM
>>
>>62628163
>Golden Gal. I think it's a 10/10 song
couldnt be more accurate

>>62628702
THIS THIS THIS
IMAGINE IF THEY DID THE KAZOO SINGING SHIT THEY DID ON WHADDIT I DONE BUT ON ALL OF SUNG TONGS THAT SHIT WOULD GET OLD VERY FAST
>>
>>62633320
Legit 320
>>
>>62629968
i love it too, burglars and natural selection are amazing together
>>
>>62630725
correct
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.