[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he doesn't listen to any Classical Music explain yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
>he doesn't listen to any Classical Music

explain yourself
>>
what do u mean bro i listen to nils frahm and max richter
>>
i dont like it
>>
File: art.png (1 MB, 1115x918) Image search: [Google]
art.png
1 MB, 1115x918
r8 my art folder
>>
>>60774687
fag
>>
>>60774739
*grabs by throat*
*throws u against the wall*
BACK THE FUCK OFF!?!?
>>
ehh, i mean classical is alright but i only listen to it when i'm engineering bacterial cultures, which is my job. it's really only antiquarian smooth jazz, in my eyes. easy listening, but gets the job done.
>>
Classical is good but it's no anime music OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbksWvNv-fU

feel it
>>
>>60774764
IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO
>>
this is decent bait
you tried
>>
It's a hard genre to get into since it's so expansive and there aren't really any "albums" to look into per se.
>>
>>60774864
>look up a composer
>look up their most popular pieces
Gee, that's rough.
>>
>>60774664
I'm dumb and lazy
>>
>>60774921
That's a good way to compile the most pleb classical library possible
>>
>>60774864
There are a few classical charts on the wiki and you can always ask the guys in /classical/ for recs. >>60771197
>>
>>60774938
It's a start.
>>
>>60774961
Maybe he will pick the wrong performances and it will draw him even further from exploring classical music. It's really not a good start.
>>
>>60774938
Pro-tip: it's about getting into a composer, not being a special snowflake.
>>
>>60774978
Yeah. That's why he needs to find a good recording, which is not some random video on youtube.
>>
>>60774664
>implying such people exist
>>
I've tried to listen to classical music if for no other reason than to be able to act like a pretentious cunt, but I only really like a few nocturnes.
>>
why do they have such complicated names
>>
>>60774783
classical is still being made today though. its not very antiquarian or smooth. well most of it, there are still a few in the old ways.

>>60775051
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZtGyFyDo
>>
>>60775206
What are you trying to tell me with the youtube link?
>>
Because I'm not a fucking faggot that got molested at boarding school daily
>>
>>60774664
I do though, fucking love it desu.

Though not the biggest fan of opera, I need to be in the mood for it, I find so many operas are too heavy and demanding to listen to.
>>
File: image.png (161 KB, 271x222) Image search: [Google]
image.png
161 KB, 271x222
>>60775809
>>
>>60775827
Perfect example, clearly a favourite fucktoy of the monks or w/e
>>
File: gsgjdkjgh.png (148 KB, 351x332) Image search: [Google]
gsgjdkjgh.png
148 KB, 351x332
>>60775884
>>
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 1168x1210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 1168x1210
Quit bullshit and post your favourite classical album
>>
>>60774969
Always stick with old recording
>>
I don't know how to choose a recording or tag the tracks
>>
>>60774935
>lazy
>too lazy to listen to music
It literally only takes one of your senses what the fuck
>>
>I don't know how to choose a recording

Just go by the most popular conductors (i.e. Karajan, Furtwängler, Bernstein, etc.), a lot of the most popular pieces have been recorded by them.

>or tag the tracks

Use MusicBrainz.
>>
>>60775206
>chamber performance of a keyboard work
>harpsichord
Poly when will you kill yourself?
>>
>>60776432
Forgot to quote >>60776283
>>
>>60776432
>bernstein
>karajan
not so sure about those
furtwngler ye, abbado, colin davis, klemperer, haitink, markevitch are pretty much saffer and better choices dont you think???
>>
>>60776268
No
>>
>>60776437
The art of fugue could have been written for harpsicord. Not appreciating the harpsichord is true pleb status.
>>
>>60777315
Beecham confirmed pleb then I guess.
>>
>>60775141
They're all Eurofags
>>
How do i get into classical? I've only really listen to Khachaturian and Ravel.
>>
>>60777291
why?? I thought old recording are not only often greatest interpretations, but also having this comfy warm analog, sometimes lofi sound, thats really cool in some romantic symphonies
>>
>>60777220
Karajan is pretty good for some later romantics like strauss.

davis and haitink are ok I guess.

Böhm, both Kleibers, Boulez, and Kubelik are also great.
>>
>>60774794
That show even has Beethoven's ninth, you fucking retarded weeabo.
>>
listen to my beats. they have very intense harmonies like classical music

https://soundcloud.com/roberto-z-garc-a-castellanos/tracks
>>
>>60779057
suck myy fucking dick baka!
>>
>>60774664
is there any /mu/ chart to get into classical music?
>>
>>60774696
Needs more Händel, also more Minimalism :^)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbcOdUCT1GA

>tfw Jean Francaix is still not well known even amongst most wind players.

He's really a composer I've grown into (Unfortunately, he never matured out of this style really). Also can anyone reccomend any other Neoclassical composer within this style, (Stravinsky, Hindemith, etc.) been just binge listening to a majority of this style.

Also for those in the LA area, There's a performance of Ives' Unanswered Question and Brahms 4th in Glendale performed by this group that did Afternoon of a faun And Le tombeau de Couperin without a conuctor.
>>
>>60779913
yes
>>
>>60774685
kek
>>
>>60775925
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.