[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
robocraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: mymen.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mymen.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
/M/en all over 4chan, whom of you play thy hight-tier game phantomed as robocraft?

Ok, now without the autism, /m/en do you play robocraft? if no, why? if yes, tell me your experience with it, the ultimate update got me real bad, like it slowed my growing speed by a lot.

Post your favorite creation.
>>
File: stratos.png (349 KB, 895x781) Image search: [Google]
stratos.png
349 KB, 895x781
op here, this is my favorite one, V01D-STRATOS.
>>
File: Robocuck pro player tactics.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Robocuck pro player tactics.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>14172693
We had this thread before. Robocraft is shit.

It has shitter devs, a community maintained and composed of actual twelve year olds and idiots, and is in general so gimped and unrecognizable from its original concepts and potential that is is unworthy of the title of robot game.

Intentional gimping and neglect of features in lieu of actual balance, a staggering FIVE maps over nearly a year, fucking jewtastic general practice, not one, but -two- homing weapons, and still a buggy shitpile. This isn't forgetting the broken promises and outright removal of other features either.

Much of the original player base of this game abandoned it some time ago and in fact returned to the forums later on to chew out the devs for the garbage direction this game took. "MOBA" my fucking ass. It earned the nickname robocuck for good damn reason.

/egg/ knows this well. Get fucked.
>>
>>14172710
Oh yeah, and it's still in fucking "beta" over the course of said months. This game is such a god damn joke it's not even funny. Go jump off a duck.
>>
>>14172710
damn, had to be here that day, and the wasp shitty weapon got nerfed in this update, now it doesnt do that shit you see in the video, changes direction slower and has less damage.

The rocket thou, thats pure garbage... havent seen one after update yet, cant say much.

i dont use homing weapons, they are so boring.

Air flack is legit thou.
>>
>>14172726
You can drop the name and quit typing like a teenager too. Neither does anyone any good, nor do they make you look good. Get out of here.
>>
File: RIP Biwalker, you were my baby.png (1 MB, 1336x840) Image search: [Google]
RIP Biwalker, you were my baby.png
1 MB, 1336x840
>>14172710
I was there when it went to shit. So fucking depressing watching a game with potential just slowly take everything that was good and smear it with ass chocolate. I salute the rest of /rcg/'s flyboys, hope they're doing well whatever they're doing.

I don't regret getting into the game, though, it was fun while it lasted and it helped wean me off of World of Tanks.
>>
>>14172739
>So fucking depressing watching a game with potential just slowly take everything that was good and smear it with ass chocolate.
Welcome to Steam Early Access.
>>
>>14172739
Hey, played this at the beginning of it for a while, how did it fucked up that bad?
>>
>>14172773
Go ask /egg/, they'd tell it to you better than I.

I explained a lot of it already but I'll try and give a rundown without a timeline of all the stupid shit that's happened in the past.

>Failure to balance a medley of weapons for months (e.g. SMGs dominate all other weapons with relatively little effort)
>Terrible implementation of other weapons (e.g. tesla blades, the only melee weapon at the time are both unwieldly, one-time-use, and inconeniently shaped)
>Failure to fix a variety of other bugs and issues in general
>Some of said issues allowing builds abusing build/movement code to dominate "the meta"
>"meta"= giant ass bricks with SMGs slapped on destroy all other vehicles, air vehicles with wings are worthless, skeletons with boosters strapped to them kill everything and go faster than actual fliers
>Guilty of "permanent beta" status, forever "in-development"
>few real updates despite this, four maps over the course of a year with no additional maps
>Devs intentionally allow their bias towards certain playstyles, vehicle types, etc. to shape the game's course, usually against good sense and popular (or just non-idiot) opinion
>On a similar course, devs attempt to shape game into something that makes little sense for the gameplay (MOBA? Really?)
>intentional and successful targeting of the lowest common denominator, increasing idiot population
>Extremely long delivery time or failure to keep development promises, e.g. alternate pilots for vehicles
>Features like helium, tiers, pilot seats (i.e. your center of mass, against any actual semblance of physics) removed, removing player agency in building
>Grind is fucking awful

I could go on. I won't. You also get lots of stupid coding shit, like tank treads being given this ungodly weight value to prevent them from being lifted (in of itself a stupid decision), making tank-type vehicles super heavy, but this immediately being voided if you add walker legs.
>>
>>>/vg/140199767

I hate to post once more but you can't make up some of the stupid shit going down in /egg/. A robocuck update just went live, removing the old parts acquisition system in favor of randomized crates of parts.

It just goes on and on and on, the dumb fucking nonsense Freejam is pulling. To put it as /egg/ does, it's as if they're actively alienating both new and older players. Astounding.
>>
just go play machinecraft. Atleast it has the benefit of being made by the japanese.
>>
File: 1428842853963.gif (1 MB, 400x222) Image search: [Google]
1428842853963.gif
1 MB, 400x222
>>14172693
hey OP, after the new patch today, expect robocraft to be ded within a month or 2, I just uninstall that shit after 2 hours of the bullshit RNG loot system.
Not only the RNG is raked to give shit that will only sell for only 20 credits or what ever the fuck they called it now in this patch, but it's just one big middle finger glass ceiling for anyone that can't pay them for the gears that they need to make a basic bot to even have a chance of fighting. It cost and 120k now to get a missile launcher, and 9/10 game your end game loot will be those shit cubes you can only sell for 1 credit each. At most the RNG will let you make 20 credit a game now; do the math, how long will it take for you to get to 120k for just 1 item when you only make 20 credit a battle now? Also, this doesn't take into the account that they now punish the losing teams by making them only allow to get fucking bronze loots where you have 0% chance of getting anything above green; real fucking fair to low tier players trying to catch up. At the current rate, it's actually easier to make enough money to buy a fucking real life house by working in mcdonals than grinding your way to high lvls in robocraft. Robocraft is now officially pay to win game right next to the other jewish building game: crossout.
In fact, they are getting so much ass that freejam just turned off their forums to stop people from telling them how retarded they are right now after the patch
pic related
>>
>>14172977
also, trust me, it's not easy for me to say such a thing and uninstall the game since I was a big fan of this game in the alpha launch and played it when the only weapon back then was the smg and they only way to fly was with thrusters, but fuck me they went complete ape shit this patch where I cannot stand it anymore
>>
>>14172977
op here, yeah... i am getting really tired of this RNG loot system... they must change this, i at least thought one could get dust depending on how it went... at least i am level 96 and have lots of stuff to play with, but newer people will get tired really easy. I will still play for the sake of making mechas, only that.
>>
>>14173026
I am lvl126 and I fucking hate the new loot system
>>
>shilling the game when the worst update in history of gaming just happened
even reddit is going nuclear and those retards defend anything and lick FJ's ass
>>
I couldn't give a fuck about the crates but the matches are unplayable now.
Rail got fucking 3 times the damage, overtiering everywhere, tiny bots with LOLMs, flaks etc everywhere. Air is unplayable and air was the only way to have a little fun in this shit.
I don't get it. They kinda fixed overtiering and now they reverted it all back.
>>
File: whoof.gif (1 MB, 334x386) Image search: [Google]
whoof.gif
1 MB, 334x386
>>14173276
I think they had a new sport down at the freejam office: bleach drinking contest
>>
File: 1429910868998.jpg (113 KB, 634x640) Image search: [Google]
1429910868998.jpg
113 KB, 634x640
>>14172693
>mfw freejam took down their forums and cover their eyes and ears and goes LALALALALALALALALA I CAN'T SEE OR HEAR YOU LALALALALALALA on facebook and other social medias 5 min since the new patch that fucked everyone right up the ass
even their reddit fanboys went ape shit on them and all freejam is doing is demand them to be ban from reddit and facebook
>>
Unistalled, maybe for good. And not because of the update but because the gameplay isn't fun. It's a chore to play. OP weapons, rails, cheat modules, fuck it. They want to pander to the biggest retards.
>>
They are trying exactly what Cosmic Break is now.
>>
Honestly the game was godly. Then they decided to take out the pilot seat. Then make you auto heal over time. Then they just started adding all these different weapons and trying their hardest to over complicate the shit.

And you want to know what's the biggest offender? The fucking AA Flak, because sometimes aiming with gun turrets is too difficult
>>
>>14179398
Oh and not to mention the disgusting excuse of a skill tree that they have now. I understand what they were trying to do, but for someone who did end up getting all the unlocks prior to that shitty system they made up, I can't believe they honestly think what they did to it is better than what it used to be.
>>
>>14179398

If you thought the Flak was bad, behold the cancer that is the Lockon Missile Launcher.

>>14179411
Man, they don't even have a skill tree anymore. It's random loot, all day every day. BUY MORE CRATES.
>>
The biggest problem with RC was and is the balance.
First it was overtiering, then with Robot Ranking they put me deliberately into weak teams that had no chance to win and now they combined those two things.
With the stupid energy system you have micro hovers that completely kill the game.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.