[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Symphogear General - /sgg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 151
File: AndoKuriyo_in_Mjolnir.png (924 KB, 1933x1251) Image search: [Google]
AndoKuriyo_in_Mjolnir.png
924 KB, 1933x1251
Hammer Time

The relevant link list:

-Songs, CD/BD releases, lyrics and general information: http://pastebin.com/EeTkSpKa
-Hibiki Radio Station: http://hibiki-radio.jp/description/symphogear-gx
-Main S3 site: http://www.symphogear-gx.com/
-Episode 13
[Commie] - https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=739337
[HS] - http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=737864
[H&D] - https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=759881
-Fourth BD Volume
[RAW] - https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=771572
「SMASHING ANTHEMS」:
LOSSY V1 - https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=754956
LOSSY V2 - https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=75496
「BAYONET CHARGE/RADIANT FORCE (IGNITED arrangement)」
LOSSY - http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=761023

Believe in Justice and Hold Determination to Fist. It's a Belief you can Touch.

Previous Thread: >>13759338
>>
File: 1443138324000.webm (354 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1443138324000.webm
354 KB, 960x540
>>
>IBO has a Gundam that uses a huge hammer
>It's even green
>Let's base the Mjolnir Gear on the one with a sword and mace
>>
File: zenbunettes.png (904 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zenbunettes.png
904 KB, 1280x720
Chris, Stroganettes and Zenbunettes will never be together in a SoL spinoff . . .

Existence is Torment!!!
>>
>>13766767
>The Noise were gone by that point anyways
If you're gonna keep prolonging this argument, at least check the episode first

>Or they could capture them
Wow amazing, DMJii sure were proactive in doing that by standing totally still while they escaped, and also not telling Chris that they were escaping even though they apparently saw the hole in the floor before Chris did
>>
File: asuka magma diver.png (149 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
asuka magma diver.png
149 KB, 500x281
>>13766774
>Pepe Gundam-based gear
Do you really want to bully a geah like that?
Well, apart from Maria, of course.
>>
>>13766767
>Which she still tried to do anyways
They stopped her from shooting. That happened. You cannot deny this.

>Blaming them for future events they had no way to know were going to happen is like blaming Chris for every single person who died to the Noise from the Cane.
They knew both Carol and Ver were trying to kill people, and only wanted to save Ver out of a selfish reason (If we don't have linker then we can't be super special!) whereas Chris was tricked after being rescued from her slave camp. She was trying to help people, DMJii were trying to help themselves. Chris felt horrible about what she did and it still bothers her to this very day. DMJii never even pretended to give a shit that they let Ver and Carol get away. They are absolutely in no way comparable.

>First you say she was standing around not helping, but now she's suddenly jumping in Chris's way to stop her from killing Noise.
Shirabe was in her way. She was not helping. Kirika had enough time to watch this whole thing go down, yet Shirabe couldn't be fucked to move herself about a foot. Yes, Shirabe fucked up.

>The Noise were gone by that point anyways which is why it's even more on Chris since she wasn't actually paying attention to the battlefield.
Not shown, you're speculating. During the time that Kirika and Shirabe were whining, Chris took her eyes off the enemy and that's when they all got away. They literally only got away because Shirabe stood there in the way like an idiot and Kirika gave Chris grief about trying to do something useful.

>Ver still had lots of important knowledge on the Symphogears and LiNKER so killing him is a bad idea regardless of what happens
>Killing the character who wants to erase humanity and who has a relic eating arm is a bad idea
Holy shit, how stupid are you?
>>
>>13766789
Pepe Gundam is cool as heck, don't bully him just because he ate too many space rats.
>>
GXG when
>>
>>13766798
As soon as we all have our own [insert geah of choice here]
>>
File: 1449800374824.gif (442 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1449800374824.gif
442 KB, 640x360
I was day dreaming about what I would have done if I won the powerball last week

> Symphogear SoL season funded as fuck

Dragon's Dogma 2 with godlike lore, story and coop would have been confirmed, as well as bringing back the busou shinki figure line.
>>
>Geahs manage to do all kinds of crazy shit with fragments of relics
>government has full relics just chillin out in Ver's house
>>
>>13766818
We don't know how many, if any relics at all there, were complete. It's possible they were partial relics.
>>
>>13766824
>Build a prison and fill it with relics
>Stick a genius scientist who wants to kill everyone who can also eat said relics in the prison
Who the hell thought this was ok?
>>
File: Face of mercy.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Face of mercy.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>13766813
DREAM JOURNAL POSTER GET OUT
>>
>>13766813
> bringing back busou shinki
It's a lost cause, Konami only cares about the pachinko money now.
>>
>>13766813
I don't know if a $200 million payout is enough to afford Nana and Dragon's Dogma 2.
>>
>>13766830
>Governments in Symphogear
>Smart
>>
>>13766837
There's "not smart" and then there's "This is literally the stupidest fucking thing you can do, and serves no practical purpose in the story, but just acts as a contrived plot device because the writing is so weak that they need this to push it forward."

Putting Ver in that prison was most certainly the latter.
>>
>>13766760
Are those rocket ports on top of the hammer?
>>
Ver clearly could have lifted that rubble with his nephy arm
Doctor ruse strikes again
>>
>>13766847
And yet Ver was the only good thing about the later half of GX
>>
>>13766857
Carol's songs exist.
>>
>>13766857
>And yet Ver was the only good thing about the later half of GX
Does Chris showing off her report card and Tsubasa hitting a drum count? Because if they don't, then you're totally right.
>>
>>13766864
You mean song?
>>
>>13766875
Tomorrow off-vocal played in one of the later episodes.
>>
>>13766881
Tomorrow is shit
>>
>>13766847
I suspect it was politics. Can't keep Ver in a regular jail, but he's too valuable of an asset and research specimen to just kill off. Plus it didn't seem like there was any issue with keeping him there under normal circumstances anyway; he only escaped because the Dragon Palace was being wrecked by Gear vs. Alchemist combat.
>>
>>13766875
>Miku didn't get a song
>The only second track used in the show was Little Miracle
It hurts so bad.
>>
>>13766835

A man can dream and a shit ton of money to those jews would've done it.
>>
>>13766886
Nobody agrees.
>>
>>13766894
>Boo hoo, feel bad for the brat throwing a tantrum for 500 years
It's shit
>>
>>13766893
Still not as much money as pachinko.
>>
>>13766897
Meme harder.
>>
>>13766887
They had him locked up for a good while, and never made any reference to trying to get info out of him in the show or supplementary materials. Even though he hadn't broken out yet, he apparently had the resources and freedom to get more research done, and given the fact that he was a super genius with a magical relic eating arm, it was only a matter of time before he broke out on his own. He isn't the type to stay locked up.
>>
>>13766903
Calling the truth a meme doesn't make the song less shit
>>
>>13766894
I do.
>>
>>13766893
They got rid of Kojima even though MGS5 was a success because he went overbudget on it, I don't think they're going to reinvest in an old IP even if it has the potential for future success without a continuous flow of cash to support it. Who knows why they stopped making Shinki, anyway, the TV anime came out AFTER they'd done so.
>>
>>13766907
Carol being a 500-year-old womanchild doesn't somehow decrease the technical qualities of her songs.
>>
>>13766917
No you don't.
>>
I just thought of something.

If Chris was trying to hit Lieur, and she almost hit Shirabe (with Kiri being within arm's reach) then that means Lieur jumped right in front of DMJii. Why the hell didn't they do anything when their enemy jumped in front of their faces?
>>
>>13766920
The song is garbage because the lyrics are just trying to get you to pity her. I never said Genocide was bad.
>>
>>13766924
Dumb and Dumber strike again.
>>
>>13766760
Looks like a MMZ reploid
>>
>>13766924
Maybe Uzziel's Stand power is to absorb competence from others.

Which would explain why it lost so quickly after everyone started acing more intelligent.
>>
File: hira084272.jpg (852 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hira084272.jpg
852 KB, 1920x1080
I really want to fuck Shirabe, break her hymen, and just impregnate her with my seed. Dont care about Kirika.
>>
File: 5a00dfcd9.png (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
5a00dfcd9.png
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>13767037
I want to be consumed by my urges and inseminate Hibiki and Miku at the same time.
>>
Does Kayano ever do the radio shows?
>>
>>13767037
I assume you've seen this then?

http://exhentai.org/g/884774/709632e2ee/
>>
>>13767170
But I want it to be consensual and on our wedding night.
>>
>>13767138
She wanted to but couldn't for some reason.
>>
>>13767174
>Waiting for the wedding night
>>
>>13767179
Does she like the show? Love her singing. Hope she gets impregnated soon.
>>
>>13767185
No. She hates an anime which she voices a character for.
>>
>>13767180
I'm Mormon.
>>
>>13767190
No need to get pissy.
>>
>>13767193
And?
Do you wear magic mormon underwear?
>>
>>13767180
Hey, I'm a pure man.
>>
File: CZAlLePWEAAissF.jpg-orig.jpg (116 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
CZAlLePWEAAissF.jpg-orig.jpg
116 KB, 1024x682
>>
File: chris wedding.jpg (106 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
chris wedding.jpg
106 KB, 600x800
>>13767201
Good for you, personally I wouldn't be able to hold out that long
>>
Anon from this morning who said I'd translate the interview here. I'm going to read over it now. I'm not going to translate the entire thing because I suspect it'll be filled with stuff like "Yeah, there were a lot of awesome songs and we all tried out best!" but rather, I'll just give an overview. If there are any particularly good lines, I'll translate those directly. If anyone better with moon notices anything I misread, feel free to say something. Here I go:

The first page doesn't really have anything on it. That section on the bottom right is basically illegible, but it just looks like the normal synopsis in mag interviews we've been seeing since before the show aired.

Second page starts by saying "This is a story about Hibiki looking at herself, and improving herself." Apparently she improved during GX. Who knew?

First line is them asking Aoi for her thoughts about GX as she looks back and thinks about it. She said "This season was full of burning hot developments just like every other one. At the start, Hibiki lost her ability to sing out of nowhere, and then she had to save Miku. We got to see her rise up again to save her, and even though it was only episode 4, it kind of felt like a finale (lol)." Then she talks about how everything was more doki doki that ever because Hibiki was fighting an enemy that she couldn't go all out against, and it was the first time fighting someone like this (because this was different than seasons one and two apparently). The interviewer said they admire Hibiki's ability to stand back up no matter how many times she gets knocked down.
>>
>>13767308
The next paragraph is super blurry at the start (if anyone can read that, please say something). I can't read the first sentence, but then it looks like she says "I don't think the bond between Hibiki and Miku can ever be broken" or something to that extent. This next line is definitely getting translated as is. "Their relationship has already been firmly established, and I think it's become even deeper than that the bonds of a married couple. (lol)" Then she talks about how Hibiki never really worried about herself, but she had Miku and topdad show up and then she wondered if Hibiki really had the time to properly worry about herself or think over who she is and improve herself. Next question (or rather prompt, as it’s not a question) is that GX was all about the topdad and he played a huge role, and that his presence was intense. "I wondered what kind of horrible father would stick their kid with a bill at a family restaurant. (lol)、but I think he had a strange presence and some stuff about him that I couldn't hate." The next line starts with "At the end of the day, her powerless papa may have shown how pathetic he could be, but- and then the next paragraph starts and I can't read the rest of the sentence. It'd be swell if someone had a better scan so I could read it. I'm pretty sure it says "but he saved Hibiki and I think that made Hibiki super happy."
>>
>>13767319
Back to literal. “Personally, her relationship with her father revealed a previously unseen side of Hibiki, and at first it was really painful for me, but I think it all turned out really well. Hibiki who had always lived her life without relying on someone actually turned out to have someone who was supporting her the whole time.” I’m going to assume that she was being held at gunpoint, because there’s no way she thought that Heiki Hecchara shit was helping Hibiki, or that everyone else (especially Miku) wasn’t supporting her. Then she talks about how the Hibiki that was fighting to help people but she couldn’t get papa out of her head and then she jobbed because she couldn’t concentrate during the fight. “Up through season 2 it was a story about Hibiki growing into the role of a hero, but GX was about taking back the bonds of father and child, and I thought that GX was about her growing as a girl.”
>>
>>13767327
Next prompt is about Carol’s relationship blah blah blah bonds and consciousness. Next paragraph starts off blurry, from where I can make it out it says “Papa had papa’s own reasons for things and there are some parts of that which are forgivable, and some which aren’t.” I think. Apparently Carol’s papa, being a man of science and healing, wasn’t a completely sympathetic guy. Then it talks about repeating the same thing over and over again to convey real feelings, and Carol looking at the same kind of memories. I may be misinterpreting something here, or I may be missing something important about the blurry line before, I’m not sure, but I think it’s comparing how Carol and Hibiki both had memories about their dad’s and looked back on them to try to figure out what they were thinking and feeling. Then she says how Carol refused to take Hibiki’s hand in the end, and Hibiki still wanted to save her, and that she thinks those feelings got across. She then said she thought it was interesting that Carol remembered/saw her father when Hibiki was reaching her hand out. “I wonder if Hibiki’s finally become a father-like figure (lol).” Next comment is she definitely worries about people like a father would (lol).
>>
File: Aoi interview 2.jpg (311 KB, 1044x1437) Image search: [Google]
Aoi interview 2.jpg
311 KB, 1044x1437
>>13767334
The next line is cut off in the middle, but it talks about saving Tsubasa and Chris, something about Miku, and then the impression she got of some seen being that (someone) felt like a child. I really need the first part of the last paragraph to be visible to read that. They then ask her if Hibiki will be able to handle her family stuff well after this. “I think she’ll be daijoubu! Papa gets excited a bit too easily sometimes (any pro moon anons know if I’m using the right meaning for お調子者 here?), and I don’t think mama’s fully forgiven him yet, and grandma’s still there, but I think Hibiki will join them all together.” I guess adult problems and feelings don’t matter as long as you’re heiki hecchara.

Last prompt. “Lastly, let’s hear how you feel about the Live coming up.” I’m not doing it word for word, but there’s a bunch of songs and she’s hyped to be on stage at Budoukan. There’s gonna be some cool stuff to show off, and she’s really looking forward to it.

That’s all.

Guess I should also post the interview in case anyone wants to read it or check what I wrote.
>>
>>13767334
> Apparently Carol’s papa, being a man of science and healing, wasn’t a completely sympathetic guy.
Alchemy isn't all fun and games, after all. Gotta blow up a few steaks in the process.
>>
>>13767363
That's true. My dad got in the habit of overcooking meat because my mom won't eat it any other way, and I'll never forgive him for that.
>>
>>13767374
Wouldn't that be your mom's fault?
>>
>>13767374
Your dad is an alchemist?
>>
>>13767394
She has shit taste in steak, and that's one thing, but there's no need for him to overcook everything else he makes for everyone else.
>>
>>13767374
He couldn't just cook whatever your mom was eating longer and take the others off when they were done normally?
>>
>>13767346
>There’s gonna be some cool stuff to show off, and she’s really looking forward to it.
So, S4 trailer, the other Geahs getting Figmas possibly, a game in the works, a film, spin-off, what else?
>>
>>13767402
No, rather wouldn't it be your mom's fault that you also hate having your steak etc a certain way?

>why does my son have shit taste in steak
And so forth
>>
>>13767406
Pachinko.
>>
>>13767406
If S4 is mediocre, I hope it's the last season. There really isnt much direction left
>>
>>13767422
>There really isnt much direction left
I didn't know direction was an expendable resource. Maybe Kaneko just needs a Magic Carrot so he can cast Hi-Direction, or something.
>>
>>13767374
>Overcooking steak
Absolutely disgusting
You arent even supposed to cook it at all
>>
>>13767431
>I didn't know direction was an expendable resource.
GX tells me it is.

If not for the alca noise, some random fag in powersuit or Genjuro can fight too. Gears seem kind of pointless. It sucks but season 1 is the best season, then G, then GX. It's not a good sign for me.
>>
>>13767434
You have to cook it. Because what's worse than it being cooked well-done?

If IT'S RAAAAAAAAAAW!
>>
File: CN1qrvjWwAISxSI.png orig.png (330 KB, 480x655) Image search: [Google]
CN1qrvjWwAISxSI.png orig.png
330 KB, 480x655
>>13767422
Kaneko needs at least 30 hours to tell his whole story. We're just in the mid-game point where the story is about to kick into shit gets real mode after the midboss fight.
>>
>>13767447
>replying to a false flagging well donefag
Don't be a donkey.
>>
>>13767374
I just throw mine on the grill on full blast to quick cook it since it's cold outside. Comes out half charred but whatever I just toss some ketchup on it for flavor.
>>
>>13767455
Kaneko, stop
>>
>>13767403
That's the problem. That's why I can't forgive him.

>>13767414
No, because she knows I don't eat food that way, doesn't cook it for me that way, doesn't complain if people undercook it and doesn't try to make people cater to her tastes. My dad just got in the habit of cooking for her (they were together long before I was eating steaks) and he never broke the habit. It's his fault.
>>
>>13767434
>You arent even supposed to cook it at all
>Not searing your steak
Don't be stupid.

>>13767447
Ramsay is my 3DPD husbando. He is the only perfect 3D man who isn't a seiyuu like Sugita.
>>
File: 1422728523787.jpg (777 KB, 2893x4092) Image search: [Google]
1422728523787.jpg
777 KB, 2893x4092
>>13767461
Nana = you
Yukarin = Kaneko
>>
>>13767444
Gears also seem kind of pointless when you consider that any jagoff can learn magic and easily be able to overpower six Gears.

I don't think there's any problem with making the story reduce the importance of the Gears if they tied it in by actually letting military dudes and Genjuro get out there and see some usefulness.

It'd be cool to see the Gears get some backup and interact with them even a little bit. It happened a little bit in S1's flashback where the soldiers talk about Kanade's song.
>>
>>13767444
Only thing like a powersuit we've seen so far is a geah, I don't know why you say they're pointless. Without it Chris doesn't have dakka.

And how'd those security dudes stack up against Phara oh wait.
>>
>Spend a long time translating an interview for people to read
>Everyone just wants to talk about steaks
Ok. I'm making skirt steak salad tomorrow night. What are you guys cooking?

>>13767459
Except for you. I don't ever want to hear what you cook. You sound like the kind of idiot who would put a metal spoon in a microwave.
>>
File: 1443529858429.jpg (45 KB, 550x397) Image search: [Google]
1443529858429.jpg
45 KB, 550x397
>>13767459
You are a menace.
>>
>>13767459
I have like negative cooking knowledge and I still cringed at that.
>>
>>13767492
>say you're going to translate something
>insert a bunch of snide comments
Thanks asshole
>>
>>13767490
>And how'd those security dudes stack up against Phara oh wait.
They had 0 training montages.
>>
Beef liver with onions best food.
>>
>>13767505
Translating gets boring. Feel free to translate it yourself next time if you don't want a commentary, though.
>>
File: 1448329248687.jpg (34 KB, 266x257) Image search: [Google]
1448329248687.jpg
34 KB, 266x257
>>13767459
> Just finished grilling steak an hour ago
> Read this

Triggered as fuck.
>>
>>13767346
>something about Miku, and then the impression she got of some seen being that (someone) felt like a child.
She's saying that when Elfnein is together with HibiMiku, she looks like their child. "That since still left an impression in me (lol)"

>おちょうしもの お調子者
>a person easily flattered [elated] by praise or flattery
>a frivolous [thoughtless] person.
What an accurate description of topdad.
>>
>>13767488
> any jagoff can learn magic
Hey now, becoming a wizard takes serious work and dedication. Not just any schmuck can pull it off.

>>13767492
School's starting, so not much time for cooking during the week. I prepared a lovely tender steak a few months ago, though. Sauteed some mushrooms and onions to go with it and then pan-fried the steak in the remaining oil. Just a little salt and pepper as seasoning, and it was delicious.
>>
File: 51226953_p3.png (194 KB, 600x591) Image search: [Google]
51226953_p3.png
194 KB, 600x591
>>13767528
>since
*scene
>>
>>13767455
I want to poke Carol's thighs and upper arms.
>>
>>13767488
>on't think there's any problem with making the story reduce the importance of the Gears
The main sell of the anime is Nana singing. And then singing powersuits.

It kind of limits itself.
>>
File: 1442241248737.png (520 KB, 700x1100) Image search: [Google]
1442241248737.png
520 KB, 700x1100
>>13767492
Well there wasn't really anything new or interesting in it really. In the end it's just Aoi's thoughts on Hibiki and Topdad which just sound like she's trying to find something good about it, and then it's just Aoi's (maybe coerced) thoughts. Just sounds like a stock actress trying to talk good about her product.

>>13767528
Like this, she had before said she felt Elf9 looked like HibiMiku's kid on the radio show.
>>
>>13767536
I want to douse Carol in petrol then set it on fire.
>>
>>13767528
>Elf9
That would explain all the kana I saw, I just couldn't make it out. I saw the scene line, but had no idea which scene we were talking about.

>What an accurate description of topdad.
That's the one I assumed it meant, but apparently it can also mean "matter of chance" so I didn't know if she was hinting at him being likely to just up and run out on them again.

Thanks.
>>
>>13767542
And then eat her with ketchup?
>>
>>13767550
Hell no, I'm no monster.
>>
>>13767529
Did you just pan fry it, or did you properly sear it? Gotta sear the steak. And don't let being busy stop you from cooking, a home cooked meal is always worth it.

>>13767541
I know, I'm just messing around. Yeah, she only actually said bad stuff for specifics, then just said "But yeah, I think it was totally cool and will be daijoubu". It's nice to dream about a "raw" interview, though.

Steaks are definitely more interesting than topdad.
>>
>/ssg/ - Seared Steaks General
>>
>>13767488
The soldiers who talked about Kanade's song were being saved by them, just like all the other soldiers we don't see them accomplish anything?

The important part of that scene was serving as an inspiration for Kanade to become a professional singer and encourage Tsubasa to join her. And because of the soldier's dialogue I guess it could be argued it might've also planted the thought in Kanade's head that culminated in her telling Hibiki not to give up living which went on to be Hibiki's catchphrase.
>>
>>13767568
>which went on to be Hibiki's catchphrase.
Get with the times grandpa, it's heiki hecchara now
>>
>>13767572
A little prickly tonight anon? Yes that too, she's also been saying that since S1.

But she did have at least one "don't give up on living" in GX.
>>
>>13767563
I don't have a grill so I just did it at medium-high heat in a frying pan. Got the nice not-quite-blackened bits on the outside with a nice juicy rare/medium-rare inside.
>>
File: 1438374627453.jpg (423 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1438374627453.jpg
423 KB, 1280x720
>>13767564
Steak is serious business.
>>
File: Chris rage.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Chris rage.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>13767327
>“Personally, her relationship with her father revealed a previously unseen side of Hibiki, and at first it was really painful for me, but I think it all turned out really well. Hibiki who had always lived her life without relying on someone actually turned out to have someone who was supporting her the whole time.”
What the fuck is this nonsense?
>>
>>13767600
That's the stock answer Kaneko made her rehearse.
>>
>>13767600
I think he's talking about Miku. Who else could he be talking about?
>>
File: 1450084926290.jpg (984 KB, 1280x2160) Image search: [Google]
1450084926290.jpg
984 KB, 1280x2160
>>13767564
Obligatory.
>>
>>13767600
Dykes are not people, they do not count.
>>
>>13767538
No, I don't mean to reduce the character's importance. I mean reduce the importance of them being Symphogears.

We don't need justification on why Symphogears are the main combatants anymore. In the first season it made sense because they needed to explain why an untrained teenager like Hibiki needed to be put in the situation and the answer was because she was one of the only ones capable of fighting Noise. Now that any Gear can go Musou on Noise there's no reason to care about whether or not trained soldiers with guns aren't appearing on the battlefield.

I wouldn't be for a complete genre shift but seeing SONG actually act as an organization by having backup with covering fire or ability to hold the line while the Gears take the offense or other sort of support wouldn't be unwelcome. Better that than to just have the operators stare at screens and act as the peanut gallery.
>>
>>13767608
I've got bad news.

>>13767613
And what about her poor mother and grandmother and Genjuro?
>>
>discussing dragons dogma in the Steak grilling general
>>
>>13767619
>Genjuro
Who?
>>
>>13767625
The big guy for you
>>
>>13767624
>discussing normal steak in the sour beast steak general
>>
>>13767613
What about Chris, prsumably the stroganoffettes, Genjuro?
>>
>>13767592
Good lord anon, learn how to do it right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FYZHkjgwdc

>>13767625
Some old action hero who died right after the Frontier incident and got replaced with a fagbot.
>>
>>13767600
Her catchphrase of dont worry you'll be fine was her father supporting her
>>
>>13767646
I know what she's referring to, that godawful little miracle scene will haunt my memories for a while. I just can't believe she actually said that and undermined every other character who actually helped Hibiki instead of giving her a tool to deny reality.
>>
>>13767655
You remember that time she lied to Miku's face and said everything would be fine as she made everything worse?
That was her dad "helping". Let that sink in.
>>
File: 1436758727932.jpg (46 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1436758727932.jpg
46 KB, 453x604
>>13767269
I don't think she'd let me hold out that long.
>>
>>13767645
The main thing I did differently was not using any butter (mainly because I didn't think of it, nice idea). I also used a meat thermometer to check doneness at the end, which did let some of the juices out, so I'll try his rule of thumb next time.
>>
>>13767696
I also didn't have any bits of fat on the side to finish up with, so eh.
>>
>>13767682
I already know. That's why I'm mad.
>>
>>13767696
>I also used a meat thermometer to check doneness
Didn't that hurt?
>>
Every time I look back to how Kanade died it seems really underwhelming

>killed by Swan Song, something literally every other gear survives without fatal injury except Tsubasa and Serena
>Said Swan Song was pulled out against like ten noise
>>
>>13767696
I use a meat thermometer as well, but it's the chef grade kind that hardly damages the meat. The important thing is to have the pan super hot, and have the steak dry and at room temp before starting.

>>13767706
That's based on the cut you use, not all steaks have that.
>>
>>13767717
>inb4 that one argument again
Here we go, count zero.
>>
>>13767717
Even Serena was killed by rocks, not the Zesshou.

>Said Swan Song was pulled out against like ten noise
That was back when Noise could move and they had two minibosses left. Hibiki would've been dead if she didn't.
>>
>>13767726
> The important thing is to have the pan super hot, and have the steak dry and at room temp before starting.
Yeah, I made sure to let the steak warm up and patted it dry before putting it in the pan.
>>
>>13767717
That's what happens when a LiNKER uses shitty old K-LiNKER, and then stops using it to prevent interference, and then tries to zesshou incorrectly.

Note the 1+2almost deaths were due to them channeling their zesshous incorrectly through their body and not their armed gears, something that had been taught better by the time G rolls around.
>>
>>13767717
>Swan Song
It's Sparb Song.
>>
>>13767746
Also: Tusbasa and Serena only survived despite their internal organs exploding because they were more naturally attuned to Symphogear than Kanade, and even then they were dead without any help. Tsubasa got help and Serena got rocks.
>>
>>13767742
Nice. I also salt and pepper it a while before cooking to draw the moisture out for a more even sear, and to let the salt tenderize it a bit.
>>
I just soak everything I eat in Worcester.
>>
>>13767769
> Worcester
> Not brown sauce
>>
I just soak everything in gasoline and Styrofoam.
>>
>>13767782
Still better than charred with ketchup.
>>
>>13767784
What's worse, charred with catsup or perfectly cooked with catsup?
>>
>>13767789

Perfectly cooked with catsup.
>>
>>13767792
I've never tried mayonegg. Is it a good side to catsupsteak?
>>
>>13767796

Like eggs scrambled with mayonnaise, or just eggs that someone's dumped a load of mayo on?
>>
>>13767796
Mayo and eggs are the two main ingredients of deviled eggs, which are fantastic, so sure.
>>
>>13767796
>mayo
Worse than topdad x Hitler slashfic.
>>
>>13767769
> When the recipe was first mixed at the pharmacy of John Wheeley Lea and William Henry Perrins, the resulting product was so strong that it was considered inedible and the barrel was abandoned in the basement. Looking to make space in the storage area a few years later, the chemists decided to try it again, and discovered that the sauce had fermented and mellowed and was now palatable.
"Hey, remember that nasty shit we left down here years ago? Let's give it another try, surely it can't be too moldy."
>>
>>13767808

How do you think people invented eating cheese
>>
>>13767808
Hey, nobody complains about the aging of wine, whiskey or Nanoha.
>>
>>13767814
I still want to know what crazy motherfucker cracked open an oyster and decided it looked edible.
>>
>>13767769
Literally almost half as bad as topdad.
>>
>>13767808

If you stop and really think about it, most every discovery in human history can be pared down to "what happens if we do this crazy/nonsense/ridiculous thing and see what happens?". We're apparently quite good at it.
>>
>>13767817
He must have been of otter descent.
>>
>>13767804
>>
>>13767816
Well some people complain about the aging of Nanoha

They are not ma' niggas.
>>
File: Accelerator.png (145 KB, 344x393) Image search: [Google]
Accelerator.png
145 KB, 344x393
>>13767798
I squeeze the mayonnaise onto the egg.
Mayonegg.
>>
>>13767830
>not taking out the yolk, mixing it with mayo, then putting it back in
>>
>>13767833
Don't forget the paprika.
>>
>>13767833
Christ, I feel old, now.
>>
>>13767645
I can't learn anything if he's not yelling at me.
>>
I've been listening to non-geah songs for a while after listening to nothing but geah/Nana songs.

At one point I thought about the geahs covering Twintails Dreamer. I'm not sure how that even happened.
>>
>>13767839
Crank up the volume then
>>
>>13767838

We were too busy watching magical girl shows to catch up with Arrested Development
>>
>>13767821
This. Just look at the discovery of phosphorus.
>>
>>13767845
I assume it involves some explosions?
>>
>>13767844
Still waiting on my magical girl romance show where she's a cat burglar and the love interest/rival is a kamen rider ripoff.
So basically I guess what that ladybug show is, but in reverse and with more development.
>>
>>13767848
It involves pee.
>>
>>13767848
It involves piss.
>>
>>13767839
DO YOU WANT TO EAT A STEAK? DO YOU WANT TO EAT A STEAK THAT'S NOT FUCKING RAW? HOW ABOUT YOU LEARN TO SEAR THE FUCKING STEAK PROPERLY SO YOU DON'T END UP COOKING A SOGGY, RUBBERY PIECE OF SHIT THAT LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING DMJII USED TO EAT AS POORFAGS, OR SOMETHING SO OVERDONE THAT CAROL CALLS IT PAPA?
>>
>>13767848
Actually it's just a whole lot of piss
>>
File: itaba the qtest.png (193 KB, 308x460) Image search: [Google]
itaba the qtest.png
193 KB, 308x460
>>13767841
Because best girl was in Twintails maybe.
>>
>>13767459
>Ketchup

Triggered.
>>
>>13767848
Some german guy in the 17th century was trying to alchemy up the Philosopher's Stone (because of course he was) with his piss.
>>
>>13767853
>>13767857
>>13767859

Exactly. How on earth did someone go LEMME BOIL SOME PISS AND IT'LL BE GOOD STUFF without wondering where he went so wrong?

Although this was back when they still believed in alchemy, so that's pretty par. Ain't science cool?
>>
>>13767864
Maria is the best girl?

I'm unconvinced.
>>
>>13767878
Gotta love the "let's just do some random bullshit and see what happens" kind of science.
>>
>>13767878
A lot of alchemy was trying to figure out what the human body (and the stuff that came out of it) was made of so they could figure out immortality
>>
File: 1439769775082.png (203 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1439769775082.png
203 KB, 800x600
>>13767883
Fluffiest Bird.
>>
>>13767878
Weren't some so-called alchemists of the time saying that once they discovered the philosopher's stone they'd be able to transmute dung into gold? It's not that far off.

Also uh the four humors were probably involved I dunno man don't ask me ask him.
>>
>tfw local people here put chilli sauce or anything that involves chilli on almost everything edible here
>>
File: Hahaha.jpg (21 KB, 274x386) Image search: [Google]
Hahaha.jpg
21 KB, 274x386
>It isn't precisely known where he acquired the vast amounts of human urine he is thought to have used. Some claim he initially took it from his wife and her friends. Others claim he approached the German Army and requested to collect the soldiers' urine. It was also said that he was especially interested in beer drinkers' urine, because it had a "yellow hue to it." In the end, it is thought that he collected upwards of 1500 gallons of urine over the course of his experiments. Whether those specifics are true or not, Brand did collect vats of human urine and began his attempts to turn the golden liquid into literal gold.
REMINDER THAT CAROL IS ALSO AN ALCHEMIST.
>>
>>13767885

And that's why the development of science fascinates me. The concepts and drives came from utter nonsense but they slowly developed and were refined into things we see as mundane.

More simply: hypothesize, test, record, repeat.
>>
>>13767890
> Alchemists all hyped about turning lead into gold
Imagine if they were shown the particle accelerators and amount of energy needed to actually do it.
>>
>>13767895
>REMINDER THAT CAROL IS ALSO AN ALCHEMIST.
>all those piss edits were just showing off her alchemy skills
Deepest lore.
>>
>>13767895
God, imagine the smell. Though at least he wasn't collecting poop.
>>
>>13767883
She's kind of a C-lister so I'm not surprised you didn't recognize the voice.
>>
>>13767878
Alchemists were all about trying to make random things into gold. They boiled down piss at one point.
>>
>>13767889
>not the fluffiest
>it's an octopus cat thing
The only thing not wrong in your statement in the ".".

>>13767895
Just imagining this old alchemist guy with a mission in his mind and a song in his heart going from door to door asking people for bottles of their piss just puts a huge smile on my face, it's kinda adorable.
>>
>>13767906
The dude married twice. TWICE.
>>
>>13767901
>you're right it's just expensive and impractical if you actually want to make gold
Probably glad that they're more-or-less correct, but a little heartbroken too.
>>
>>13767910
Also Smurfs. I'm still not sure how that was supposed to work.
>>
>>13767864
But best Twintails doesn't even have a voice yet.

Doesn't have twintails, either.
>>
>>13767906
>Though at least he wasn't collecting poop.
Have you ever smelled a vat of stagnant urine?
>>
>>13767917
He wanted that gold and thought he had it figured out. Crazy but determined.
>>
>/sgg/: steaks, alchemy, piss collecting, twintails, and season 2 never ever
>>
File: Tg_logo.png (197 KB, 600x652) Image search: [Google]
Tg_logo.png
197 KB, 600x652
>/sgg/ - Alchemy and /ck/

We're slowly becoming the /tg/ of /m/
>>
>>13767917

It's not like most people have a use for it, why not give it to the local nutjob?
>>
>>13767907
Oh of course.

Yes you are correct I don't know where my head was.
>>
>>13767930
Please no, the last thing we need is quests
>>
>>13767919
> "So you don't actually do any alchemy? You just... shoot tiny little particles at each other really fast and hope they collide?"
> "Yup. Happens for every two particles out of a million."

>>13767925
Yes. Pee left in a toilet for a month gets pretty rancid.
>>
>>13767925
I used to be an EMT. I can smell urine and liver failure from a mile away.
>>
File: 1288716505721.jpg (62 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1288716505721.jpg
62 KB, 750x600
>>13767930
We've got enough scientists and engineers for it.
>>
Alchemists didn't quite grasp economy, inflation and all that stuff, did they?
>>
>>13767948
I hope things are working out for energy industry(?) anon.
>>
>>13767951

Economics hadn't been invented yet

And honestly the "stuff into gold" one was just the most popular motive, they also wanted immortality, good health, dental hygiene, etc.
>>
>>13767951
The laws of supply and demand weren't really written about until after alchemists were long gone
>>
>>13767936
Doesn't /tg/ already have a symphogear quest?
God, I remember /tg/ before quest threads became multiple threads at once. Started around the time of Kill la Kill, with of course two obligatory KlK quest threads.
>>
>>13767951
I still don't quite understand why inflation is considered necessary. If your system of currency can't support your level of economic growth, shouldn't you look for a different method of representing value?
>>
>>13767962
Didn't that happen before 2013?
>>
>>13767951
If you can make unlimited gold, why the shit would you care about saving your first and second wives' fortunes?
>>
>>13767951
>learn to turn stuff into gold
>people hear about this
>trade you their livestock stuff for gold
>they realize nobody has livestock that they need to live except you
>enslave them

It needs some kinks worked out but I think it's a decent rough draft.
>>
>>13767967

Barter!
>>
>>13767970
The influx of quest threads started around mid 2013. Before that, /tg/ was angry about elves instead of ERPing as little girls rolling dice.
>>
>>13767958
17th century, man, I'm pretty sure banks already existed back then. Uncharted Waters never lied to me.
>>
>>13767983

Being angry about elves is an ancient, ancient meme from Usenet days. The influx of younger users who are less angry about elves would have changed that.
>>
>>13767978
>>they realize nobody has livestock that they need to live except you
>>enslave them
You skipped the "prevent them from killing you for the livestock and whatever other gold you have" part.
>>
>>13767988
There's an Order 1886 joke here, somewhere.

>>13767991
When do you think that influx was? 2013. When everyones' favorite animus started getting quest threads they could participate in, until the thread was nary but MtG, Quests, and ash.
>>
>>13767997
You hire a bunch of mercenaries with your infinite gold, duh
>>
>>13767998
>When do you think that influx was? 2013

It was actually 2011, after the great nazimod purge and the exodus of the drawfags
>>
>>13767978

Do you have an exit strategy? What's your plan to keep a legit front? Did you make sure your device was plugged in? Is your target area large enough to be sustainable? Are you able to protect yourself from avaricious backstabbers?

Gotta think about these things.
>>
>>13767962
Oh god I remember the KlK quest threads. Such strange places.

I was always in Kamen Rider Sengoku Quest. Shame it stopped happening.
>>
>>13768019
>I was always in Kamen Rider Sengoku Quest
You were part of the cancer.
>>
>>13768019
>Taking party in any of the quest cancer
>>
File: I wanna die.jpg (197 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
I wanna die.jpg
197 KB, 1440x810
>>13768023
O-oh
>>
>>13767918
>By the time his first wife died he had exhausted her money on this pursuit. He then married his second wife Margaretha, a wealthy widow whose financial resources allowed him to continue the search.
Not saying he did it for the gold, but he did it for the gold.
>>
>>13768036
If your OP is fanart by a not-japanese person, you're cancer. It's an easy test.

>>13768039
Oh, absolutely. The second I read that when going through the article, I thought "He totally killed his first wife".
>muh philosopher's stone
>>
>>13768045
Yeah, definitely thought that too.
Just think of all the experiments he did with his wife's remains.
They probably all involved piss in some way.
>>
>>13768073
Great. We discovered the first recorded case of a golden shower fetishist.
Unless someone has records that go earlier they can offer.
>>
File: magical realm.png (27 KB, 213x262) Image search: [Google]
magical realm.png
27 KB, 213x262
>>13768076
I would imagine it dates back a lot further than that
>>
>>13766760
Are those Barbatos parts?
>>
Oh great, now I want a psycho/badass piss-bending Hennig as a Symphogear villain or maybe a Servant.
>>
>>13768076
didn't Zeus piss on a girl and make her pregnant?

AND WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THIS?
>>
>>13768089
He got someone pregnant while being a cloud of sparkles, at least.
>>
>>13768085
>not designating an episode of the neverever Symphogear SoL to "Carol's Wondrous Journey to Mastering Alchemy."

>>13768089
Ey, I brought it back. It's all good.
The real question is "You remember that time Zeus saw a hot chick on a beach, so he turned into a bull, grabbed her, ran across the ocean to an empty island, and fucked her while in bull form until she was pregnant?"
>>
>>13768089
You can just safely assume, whatever fetish you can think of, Zeus already did it first.
>>
File: confused chris.gif (231 KB, 325x570) Image search: [Google]
confused chris.gif
231 KB, 325x570
>>13768089
This is pretty run of the mill around here
>>
>>13768089
Would you rather we discussed rhetoric?
>>
>>13768099
Zeus was an absolute madgod.
>>
>>13768109
Nah, that was his wife.
All Zeus ever did was fuck chicks he wasn't married to.
His wife would hold grudges against his children born from these affairs until she made them go mad in rage, lash out, kill their whole family, and then spend twelve years redeeming themselves because they genuinely were good people until she got involved.
>>
>>13768089
I think it was supposed to be a beam of sunlight or something; Zeus is the god of the sky I guess?

Like, there was a big deal in the myth that she was supposed to be completely isolated in darkness, right? And she goes to the window and boom, Zeus nails her. I'm obviously rusty but I really don't think that particular shower of gold was urine.
>>
>>13768114
Her husband is king of the gods #1 most powerful anyone anywhere. She can't punish him for his unfaithfulness because he's more powerful than her, so she punishes his bastards instead.

Hera looks goddamn tame compared to Dionysus.
>I thought you were the fun party god why is everyone dead holy shit it keeps happening
>>
File: 1453183596780.png (53 KB, 990x718) Image search: [Google]
1453183596780.png
53 KB, 990x718
>>
>>13768116
So basically Zeus saw a girl so pale that she was transparent and busted a light nut all over her womb?

>>13768123
Wait, what did the god of wine do?
>>
>>13768114
I love how greek gods are just horrible people with all kinds of personality disorders and psychopathies.
Also funny how the one nice guy who just minded his business most of the time got the villain stick in today's media just because his job and place are suddenly evil for us.
>captcha: 666
Hah.
>>
>>13768116
Though one of the reasons he did all that was because a human would die if they saw his true form.

>>13768125
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maenad
>>
>>13768128
>I love how greek gods are just horrible people with all kinds of personality disorders and psychopathies.
Pretty much. It feels the most "legit" of religions alongside hinduism and egyptian myth, rather than just "our god spent 3000 years being a massive genocidal dickhead, then decided that everyone should be forgiven."
>>
>>13768128
The only bad thing I can say about Hades was that he really shouldn't have asked Zeus for advice about women.
>>
>>13768114
>>13768109
The gods of greek mythologies were way ahead of their time.

>Hades wanted Persephone as his wife
>Kidnaps her
>Later, when confronted by everyone about it, he agrees to return Persephone
>But tricks her into eating food from the underworld, which led to her having to stay there for part of a year
>>
>>13768134
>Dionysus came to his birthplace, Thebes, where neither Pentheus, his cousin who was now king, nor Pentheus’ mother Agave, Dionysus’ aunt (Semele’s sister) acknowledged his divinity. Dionysus punished Agave by driving her insane, and in that condition, she killed her son and tore him to pieces.
I'm two sentences in and what the fuck wine god?
>select all images with steak
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 151

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.