[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Thousand yard stare.jpg (222 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
Thousand yard stare.jpg
222 KB, 640x453
Was he right?
>>
>>7335267
Was he wrong?
>>
His methods were good, but his ideas completely discredit him.
>>
>>7335267
is tHis mr robot
>>
>>7335273
I see what you did there
>>
>>7335267
Some of his points are genuinely intriguing.

However I think he was a little too brainwashed by the left-right system in America and ascribes some of the phenomena he is complaining about as an entirely left driven thing.

Especially when he talks about what is occurring in universities, about the dis-valuing of genuine inquiry, being replaced by line towing ideologues; which seems to me more of a function of universities opinions and general operations becoming a political matter, which I think would have occurred naturally.

I think if he had shaken a bit of that false dichotomy he would have produced far more biting points. But there is some really lucid stuff in there. It's certainly the only edgy manifesto i've ever read that actually made me think about the points being made instead of just seeing through the author into his psychological motivations like glass.
>>
Who is he?
>>
>>7335319
That is probably his most apposite commentary
>>
Whether or not some of his points were "right" is irrelevant. What was his solution? Nail bombs and and an NYT publication which only served to validate the NYT, and thus the very system he was criticizing. What did that accomplish? He didn't understand the nature of media and how embedded it is in the very things that were corrupting the land he was living on.

Ultimately, his acts were personal acts of revenge. He didn't affect any change which would protect the environment or protect other land owners from experiencing similar problems.
>>
>>7335328
unibomber as a young man
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/pol/55265823
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.