[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Thousand yard stare.jpg (222 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
Thousand yard stare.jpg
222 KB, 640x453
Was he right?
>>
>>55265823
Was he wrong?
>>
His methods were good, but his ideas completely discredit him.
>>
>>55265823
is tHis mr robot
>>
>>55265825
I see what you did there
>>
>>55265823
Some of his points are genuinely intriguing.

However I think he was a little too brainwashed by the left-right system in America and ascribes some of the phenomena he is complaining about as an entirely left driven thing.

Especially when he talks about what is occurring in universities, about the dis-valuing of genuine inquiry, being replaced by line towing ideologues; which seems to me more of a function of universities opinions and general operations becoming a political matter, which I think would have occurred naturally.

I think if he had shaken a bit of that false dichotomy he would have produced far more biting points. But there is some really lucid stuff in there. It's certainly the only edgy manifesto i've ever read that actually made me think about the points being made instead of just seeing through the author into his psychological motivations like glass.
>>
Who is he?
>>
>>55265828
That is probably his most apposite commentary
>>
Whether or not some of his points were "right" is irrelevant. What was his solution? Nail bombs and and an NYT publication which only served to validate the NYT, and thus the very system he was criticizing. What did that accomplish? He didn't understand the nature of media and how embedded it is in the very things that were corrupting the land he was living on.

Ultimately, his acts were personal acts of revenge. He didn't affect any change which would protect the environment or protect other land owners from experiencing similar problems.
>>
>>55265829
unibomber as a young man
>>
>>7335267
His 'Ship of Fools' allegory is practically a foretelling of the rise and function of social justice in public discourse. There are more people concerned and talking about transphobia and gay marriage right now than there are people talking about the TPP or global warming.
>>
>Unknown

what's goin on in this thread
>>
>>55265924
>>global warming
>>real

pick one
>>
>>55266010

Proxies.
>>
Shiiiiiet
>>
>>55265823
ted was incredibly bright and argued incredibly logical in his manifesto.

its too unfortunate most people are quite dumb and believe that deviations from the norm somehow means you are a lunatic.
>>
>>55266010
mods keep moving threads to /pol/ from other boards

/pol/ is officially a shit bin now
>>
everyone interested in Ted should read this site first, it's written by someone who has compelling first-hand evidence that Ted didn't send the bombs or write the manifesto and the whole thing was a hoax. He believes a professor he was close friends with framed Ted

http://unabombers.com/
>>
>>55266052
yeah, but, they don't even have an ID. Why? Are countries linked to IDs?

Also, no. He wasn't right. He was quite insane.
>>
File: 1446895319196.jpg (70 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1446895319196.jpg
70 KB, 720x404
It has begun...
AYY LMAO
>>
>>55265832
>unIbomber not unAbomber

read the link I posted, there's a whole section about how this change of letters in the media was a psyop, kinda like berenstein/stain
>>
I'm scarred
>>
>>55266094
>and argued incredibly logical in his manifesto.
No, and he says as much himself. He uses fuzzy logic to make more generalized statements. Even uses kafkatrapping once.

Nevertheless, he's still right and unbelievably bright.
>>
the fucking asshole sent bombs to innocent people. he was fucktarded
>>
File: DrEvil.jpg (25 KB, 606x420) Image search: [Google]
DrEvil.jpg
25 KB, 606x420
>>55266100
So let me get this straight
>Move thread from a board that has No ID/Flags
>Thread shows up on /pol/ with an unknown flag and no ID
Is that what is happening?
>>
>>55265823
No, he was stupid anarchist, with fucked up brain.
>>
>>55266360
he was an MK ultra victim who got dosed LSD in huge amounts while being abused as part of a study he took part in at Harvard. Provided he was even the bomber at all, you can understand why he went on an insane quest for revenge against professors.

Also he was an atheist, if he turned to God instead of trying to fix the fallen world system, and become a preacher he would have been much better off. Ted is what happens when an Atheist comes to some deep truths but is still missing the keystone
>>
>>55265831
There was no other way.

>he could have been an activist for some hippie organization
This is essentially encouraging people to work within the legal system to get their beliefs actualized. Elites who manage the system account for these type of legal radicals in their governmental policies.

One intelligent man who can temporarily hold public attention at ransom reaches far more people with his political messages than working within an organization.
>>
>>55266498
>>55266102
You need to stop. He was definitely the bomber. His brother turned him in, recognizing his writing, he was caught with bomb making materials in his cottage and he admitted it proudly.
>>
>>55265823
nice flag
>>
Dude got MKULTRA'd and developed paranoia against scientists and technologists because of it.

He was right, though. He actually saw firsthand the horrors of science when he became a lab rat for the government.

His decision to bomb them was a byproduct of the mental illness they coaxed out of him, so the poor souls that received the bombs were just the unlucky 'representatives' of the establishment.

Technology is destroying our old way of life. It's not controllable anymore, and we'll be seeing major repercussions compounding over the next decade. He had insight into this, but it was tainted by madness.
>>
>>55266673
>there was no other way
lol, the vast majority of people who do know about the unibomber don't know anything about his ideals or political stances.

They know him as a mad bomber. You're full of shit. Edgy idiots like you know about it because you idol-worship people like him.
>>
>>55265823

RARE FLAG
A
R
E

F
L
A
G
>>
File: therideneverends.gif (342 KB, 450x193) Image search: [Google]
therideneverends.gif
342 KB, 450x193
>this whole thread
>>
rare flags. plenty of them.
i'm going to bump this until it becomes an ebin thread. come on, look at those question marks. theyre rare
>>
File: crymore.png (131 KB, 366x342) Image search: [Google]
crymore.png
131 KB, 366x342
>>55267328
>replies like this
>>
rare flag!!!
>>
I read somewhere, maybe his Wikipedia page, that his cabin didn't have running water.

How did he get water to drink? Did he collect rainwater? Did he live near a river? Anyone know?
>>
>>55266991
>He was right, though

Man, it really sounds like, you know everything.
>>
>>55266991
He was weak, you are weak...
>>
>>55266996
Influence isn't a binary metric. Plenty of people know of him and have some have a vague idea of his motivations.

He was never going to reach those people either way, they aren't interested. I'm never going to read the beliefs of the monk who lit himself on fire in Saigon either. The burning was huge for having somewhat interested people to dig deeper into the cause.
>>
>>55265823
Right or wrong, he makes you think. Funny how some people say he was a murderer, so that ought to discredit his every word, but by that logic we should discredit everything any politician says, when politicians are the worst mass-murderers of all, including Barrack "Nobel Prize" Obama. This is one reason I haven't listened to many political speeches for a long time. Ted killed 3 people and injured 23 others to get his message across, while our CINC's murder rate is much higher, especially the drone strikes, which mostly kill non-combatants.
https://theintercept.com/drone-papers/the-assassination-complex/
Talk about killing people to get a message across.... What is that message?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.