[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Airsofters or Paintaballas on /k/? Don't be shy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Airsoft.jpg (76 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
Airsoft.jpg
76 KB, 550x733
Any Airsofters or Paintaballas on /k/?

Don't be shy
>>
>>30273228
Is this real?

I mean, I don't mind airsoft or paintball, but this is quite possibly the most cringeworthy thing I've ever seen. Fucks sake.
>>
>>30273228
What kind of bullshit is this? That picture is all sorts of fucky.

Anyway I paintballed a few times when I was with my friends. Actually trying to be in teams and the like, with renting places and buyingsaid places paintballs gets really expensive.
>>
>>30273253
shooting is more expensive.
>>
>>30273228
I used to dick around with airsoft with friends of mine a while back, but that image makes me want to shoot myself for ever being involved with the "sport". It's a fucking game in that goddamn image is retarded as fuck.
>>
>>30273253
>>30273244

Spot the fatties. I guarantee you that if you attended one game you would quit before noon. Airsoft can be pretty intensive and is easily comperable to sf training if you have the right mentality.
>>
>>30273228
Lazer tag vet here, I count myself as one of those glorious heroes. Semper tendies!
>>
>>30273309
So air soft is one hell of a workout?
>>
/k/ is probably the easiest board to troll. This picture is obviously satirical
>>
>>30273309
Quite the opposite actually. I'm borderline underweight.

And regardless, my job involves heavy lifting out in the summer sun, and I like to go camping, hiking, and canoeing/kayaking for fun, so quit talking out your ass.
>>
>>30273342
Not really. Tons of fatties do it. They make good shields.
>>
>>30273342
Yes, assuming you're running around and doing the objective and not just standing there at spawn doing nothing.
>>
>>30273342
One of the only things airsoft is good for is the semi-realistic running around with all the heavy gear on.
>>
>>30273309
You're fat.

Also finding the right people to airsoft/paintball with is the main key. Spending hundreds of dollars to play soldier is also a factor, though it does help with target acquisition and all that other stuff.
>>
That image is the type of shot that makes /k/ not want us, but ever since the wwe fagnation came to /asp/, we have nowhere to go
>>
>>30273402

I think that image is safe dude, it's very obviously a joke. It does sum up one of the things people don't like about certain people within air-soft though. But, the hard truth is that the same thing applies to real-gun users as well. Just because you are LARPing with a real gun as opposed to air-soft doesn't make it any different.

It's similar to the people that think being able to hit stuff accurately from far away makes you a sniper. People think being proficient at gun-fighting/CQB/whatever makes you a soldier.

The reality is that these are skills that are of course very important but they are also just single skill among MANY and to be honest some of the easiest. Not because they are easy on their own but because they are enjoyable so they are a pleasure to practice mastering. Hence why they are a hobby among civilians.
>>
File: 1464617627073.png (79 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1464617627073.png
79 KB, 640x480
>>30273228
>when the b8 this weak but /k/ is gonna take it anyway
>>
File: 1375194110716.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1375194110716.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1365
Working at an airsoft field, I'd say we get very few, if any, of these wannabe operators. Most guys just want to run around with their friends and have fun shooting their airsoft guns at other people.

That being said, I'm rather surprised its not more popular on /k/, sure it isnt real life operating or real guns. But getting to actually use your fancy Chicom rigs and such for once would be nice, wouldn't it? Just invite your mates over and go to an airsoft field and have some fun?
>>
>>30273228
yes we're here, we're all here, because nobody likes asp.

I've pretty much given up the sport though as real guns are more fun and also much more expensive.
>>
>>30273467
Except /k/ has a huge veteran community that laughs in equal measures at armchair operators, airshit fags, and slavboos who think they know what it's like to be a soldier.

You're like trap fags who don't think they're gay, and constantly reason that they're not through insane mental gymnastics. You guys play a game for fun. Youre not training for the happening, you're not developing l337 skillz. You're playing a game with plastic toys, and that doesn't belong on /k/.

At least Armchair oper8ors have REAL GUNS, that aren't toys, that shoot real bullets. That is /k/, because it involves WEAPONS.
>>
I used to play paintball a lot but it was too expensive.
>>
>>30273342
yes. You don't know how well your kit is planned until you've strapped it all on, plus food, plus water, and THEN a full facemask that murders your ability to breathe properly and after you've got it all on, try to outrun sixty enemies.
>>
>>30273671
the wannabe operator have their own fields dude, that's why you see only a few of them
>>
>>30273746
Come to think of it, the only tryhards I really came across were members of the armed forces. Coming to play a game and acted like obnoxious elitists.
>>
>>30273693
Projecting way too much there salty.

Reality is that a vocal minority actually makes themselves out to be soldiers. People who either play for fun or simply getting used to shooting at other people sim style are the majority at /k/. Also most vets don't get their panties in a twist when some stolen valor fruit spouts about his apex warrior mentality.

Also, airsoft/paintball is a cheaper and more convenient alternative to brush up on their 'skills' than flying to some training camp where they use live ammunition for room clearing.
>>
I think I would rather play paintball over airsoft. I watched a few videos with airsoft "sniping" and was pretty disappointed by the flight path of the little pellet.

I think paintball would allow for more "realism."
>>
>>30273789
the issue with that is you can't have a paintball "sniper" as the balls have too much arc.

>inb4 some youtube video
not standard.
>>
>>30273781
Exactly what I said retard. It's a game. Without weapons. Therefore it doesn't belong on the weapons board. What are you not getting?
>>
>>30273693

What the hell kind of response is this? I am a former Marine and WPS PSS PMC for previously Global and then Triple Canopy. What the hell are you talking about? I've never played air-soft in my life.

Having a cigarette with the team and sharing banter we have talked about the comparison of 'armchair operators' as you like to call them and air-softers. Really it seems that the 'armchair operators' like to have someone to make fun of when the reality is they are almost exactly the same.

Keep in mind this means that they are the same in the fact that there are annoying ones and ones that just want to have fun. As with anything.

I'm still confused as to why you think anything I wrote has anything to do with me being an airsofter or supporting airsoft or even anything to do with saying airsoft belongs on /k/.

I really do not give a shit and no one I know from the actual community of veterans/contractors gives a shit what people do with their free time, 'stolen valor' even (as far as making a huge hullabaloo about it, of course it's fun to laugh at them most of the time) for the most part to be honest.
>>
>>30273309
>Airsoft can be pretty intensive and is easily comperable to sf training if you have the right mentality.
HAH
>>
>>>/asp/paintball
>>>/asp/airsoft
>>
File: 1464985581952.png (12 KB, 167x307) Image search: [Google]
1464985581952.png
12 KB, 167x307
>>30273781
>vocal minority
>"But it's a good way to brush up on skills,"
It's like you can't help yourselves.
>>
>>30273693
> /k/ has a huge veteran community
I don't know what your definition of "huge" is, but it's not big
>>
>>30273309
>comperable to sf training if you have the right mentality
>right mentality
I wouldn't exactly call autism the "right mentality".
>>
>>30273838
but the patch, gwg, anime and meme threads are okay?
>>
>>30273309
>Airsoft can be pretty intensive and is easily comperable to sf training
Fuck you and fuck off to tumblr with your delusions
>>
>>30274046
not sf training but it is very similar to the simmunition training the military does.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.