[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So ignoring that sword and arm shattering amount of kinetic energy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: MGR_Art_06_02.jpg (54 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
MGR_Art_06_02.jpg
54 KB, 640x427
So ignoring that sword and arm shattering amount of kinetic energy involved, could this be made feasible?
>>
>>29814136
So what, it uses a blank to draw the sword?
>>
>>29811517
> goes to draw sword
> shoots self
>>
>>29814420
Yeah, the explosive air pressure fills the sheath and shoots the sword out faster than human draw speed, allowing for crazy cutting force.
>>
>>29814136
As a sword it would be heavy and unbalanced. As a gun it would be awkward to hold, and you can't even shoulder it. Piss poor in both departments, you could just use a lightweight AR-15 and a sword of your choosing and be infinity better off. It could function to a degree, but what a waste of time and money.
>>
>>29814847
no, idiot, the sword is a normal sword. That's the sheath. >>29814835
This is how it works.
>>
>>29814835
Technically possible. If it weren't for the fact that you wouldn't be able to catch it with human reaction times, and if you could, it WOULD shatter your wrist/forearm bones to a pulp.

That being said, dude cyborgs lmao.

Once again though Kojima goes out of his way to make sure that even if an idea is outlandish, you can still pay attention to details. You can see the whole workings of the AR are there. Upper, lower, magazine and buffer tube and bolt, implying that it will actually cycle.
>>
>>29814869
Kojima didn't work on MGR, and even if he did, he isn't an artist/mechanical designer.
>>
>>29814835
From what I could tell, a blank forces a piston into the sword's handguard, and that ejects the sword.

Probably a hot loaded blank, I don't think most blanks could achieve the right pressure.
>>
>>29814882
Most of the mechanical design in it was pretty good as I recall. I mean, yeah, the game is totally over the fucking top crazy, but the little details like this scabbard were pretty neat.
>>
>>29814882
Eh, it's 7am and I haven't slept in 36 hours.

It's still part of the metal gear universe. Even with the fake guns they pay real close attention to detail.
>>
File: Svg-76lvl2mgsv.jpg (538 KB, 1605x1509) Image search: [Google]
Svg-76lvl2mgsv.jpg
538 KB, 1605x1509
>>29814948
I wonder who the artist was.
I don't think it was Shinkawa, since at the time MGR was being developed, MGSV was also being worked on.
>>
>>29814985
>no fire selector

An AK rip off that's only available in full auto, huh. IIRC you can change between semi and full in game though.
>>
File: Svg-76lvl2mgsv fire selector.jpg (548 KB, 1605x1509) Image search: [Google]
Svg-76lvl2mgsv fire selector.jpg
548 KB, 1605x1509
>>29815006
There is a fire selector.
>>
>>29815006
What do you reckon that is on the left side of the pistol grip?
>>
File: Tppsu.jpg (635 KB, 1118x1490) Image search: [Google]
Tppsu.jpg
635 KB, 1118x1490
>>29815066
Really, the only thing that bothers me is that there's no siderail for the optic mount.
>>
>>29815121
there is an upgraded version with that though. t. 200 hours in game
>>
>>29815219
No, I know about the optic mount upgrade, but there's no visible way to attach it onto the notAK.
A normal AK has a siderail to attach optic mounts to.
>>
>>29815251
ohh, yeah that is a bit weird.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.