[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning Mandarin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
For the past year I have been learning a European language with Duolingo and Anki flashcards. It's been good, casual experience; since I only put in a half hour on average a day, I'm not in any rush to become fluent.

However, I would like to casually learn Mandarin. I know it's much more difficult than the other language I've been learning (which has similarities to English), but I'm in no rush to become fluent so it's okay if I struggle early on.

What I'm looking for is something Android friendly that I can study for a few mins every day to work on learning Mandarin (that's the biggest reason I like Duolingo, it's easy to study from my phone). Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I can find a resource that fits this description, or any other tips for an absolute beginner to start learning this language?

Thanks!
>>
Peking university offers an introductory class on coursera.
>>
here you go
https://www.sexymandarin.com/
>>
>>59025909
Don't know if you're still here, but you're looking for ChineseSkill
>>
>>59025909
I am afraid I cannot answer your question but perhaps someone can help in the /east asia/ thread.
>>59028207
>>
>>59025909
chineseskill
>>
>>59025909
See >>59029803

Im studying mando too. I use the following
Chinese Skill
HelloChinese
HelloPal
Tinder Plus
Wechat
Whatsapp
and reddit subs.

I just haven't had the time to fuckin sit down n crush it.
>>
>>59030196
That's a big list (for me), which of those would be best for me, given what I'm looking for in the OP
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 512x512
>>59025909
Memrise

Wew lad

Tons of other courses on there.
Its a free phone app
Easy as that
>>
File: 6zki7jm.gif (3 MB, 800x348) Image search: [Google]
6zki7jm.gif
3 MB, 800x348
It takes a lot of time. One year studying it at a university mentally ruined me. I feel depressed and sometimes wish could die. You learn new characters and forget old all over again. As for tones, because it's a tonal language, you can learn them perfectly. But a lot of people have problems with them. And still the worst thing about Chinese is listening other speak. People often ask if saying this syllable in this word you mean the syllable that exists in a certain word, because this is the only way they can make sure this is what you're talking about, when words sound the same way. If you're not sure about it, don't waste time. Even you love the Chinese culture now, you will hate it within some time.
>>
I have been learning japanese for some time now, if I would like to start chinese should I go for traditional or simplified?
>>
>>59035424
You already learned Kanji, which is more traditional than simplified

I suggest you start with traditional, it's easier to learn simplified later on (because the patterns are intuitive)

If you are impatient, then simplified works too (in fact some Kanji is simplified too)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.