[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
will there ever be freedom in China?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 1458802277901.jpg (75 KB, 736x463) Image search: [Google]
1458802277901.jpg
75 KB, 736x463
will there ever be freedom in China?
>>
They've been brainwashed by the CCP for multiple generations now, I'm sure even if they get democracy they'll be voting for authoritarian, "communist" nostalgic parties.
>>
Chinks aren't capable of independent thought; they need a god emperor to whip them into obedience.
>>
>>56836297
>They've been brainwashed by the CCP for multiple generations now, I'm sure even if they get democracy they'll be voting for authoritarian, "communist" nostalgic parties.

It would take about 1 to 1-1/2 generations. One generation has grown up since the fall of communism in Eastern Europe and interest in it is fading as the older generation dies off.
>>
>>56836394
is china really a communist country ?

how are there so many rich people and it looks like a first world country not like cuba or some shit

?
>>
>>56836394
Russia still votes for Putin by a large majority.
>>
>>56836488
Putin isn't a communist though, more just a mildly nationalistic kleptocrat who runs a petrostate designed to enrich him and his pals. Actual people who want communism back are mostly just nostalgic babushkas.

But anyway, most Russians are tired of him anyway and there's a widespread sentiment that he outstayed his welcome (read some 2ch posts)
>>
>>56836684
And I'm saying the same will happen to China. People will vote for corrupt authoritarians like Putin.
>>
File: china-poor-migrant-workers.jpg (145 KB, 640x391) Image search: [Google]
china-poor-migrant-workers.jpg
145 KB, 640x391
>>56836454
>how are there so many rich people and it looks like a first world country

You do know that most of China =/= the Shanghai business district.
>>
>>56836739
>people in Russia
>voting in actual fair elections
Do ho ho ho ho.

Maybe Putin was genuinely well-liked in 2004 but that was then, this is now.
>>
File: superthumb.jpg (57 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.jpg
57 KB, 300x250
>>56836865
putin is a pretty based and good leader tho
i wish he was our leader
>>
>>56837013
He's not.

>spend huge sums of money the country doesn't have on extravagances like defense spending, military adventures, Olympics
>continue cucking ethnic Russians in favor of churkas and Tatars
>country has no manufacturing anymore and its economy is totally dependent on fragile oil prices

Russian anons on here have told me you just have to read boards like 2ch to see how "well-liked" Putin is now.
>>
>>56836204
Not for a long time.

Would they even be free if the communists lost?
Chiang kai-shek was pretty authoritarian.
>>
>>56836204
There's freedom in China, just don't get caught.
>>
>>56838027
If you have connections to CCP bigshots via friendship/blood/marriage, you can do basically anything you want. But not for the little people.
>>
>>56836204
Define "freedom"

It's been nearly 30 years since Tiananmen believe it or not.
>>
When their economy crashes, they hit a recession etc the people will start to protest. Why would they protest at the moment?
>>
>>56836684
That's not what very accurate indepedent polls from Levada center say.

Posts on 2chan != Public opinion
>>
File: sadiu.gif (924 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
sadiu.gif
924 KB, 500x274
>>56839759
but they wont win tho
the gov is going to slaughter everyone....
>>
>>56836865
Yeah no. Putin is still popular. He has won every election.

It's his party in the Legislature that is unpopular and that he has to get into power via media manipulation and threats.
>>
>>56839821
If we tried to overthrow our governments (Not just the people in power but the whole system) I somehow doubt they'd just rollover either.
>>
>>56839964
but the west has human rights shit n wont slaughter
>>
>>56837224
Sounds a lot like America outside the oil state thing. And even then, North Dakota/Oklahoma/Texas are in recession right now.

>olympics and foreign policy
Russia has by all measures been successful in their foreign policy under Putin. A country of 140 million is keeping the entire West on its heels. That's what a country is supposed to do. Utilize foreign policy to increase power.
The Olympics made a profit btw and almost universally was declared a success in Western media.
>cucking ethnic Russians
What? Sorry but Russia has always had minorities in it. And ethnic Russian birthrates have risen dramatically under Putin.
>no manufacturing anymore and is totally depedent on fragile oil prices
That's odd considering 30% of their economy is manufacturing.
Fragile oil prices? You mean volatile. People lie and show their biases with adjectives and in this case using "fragile" shows your anti-Putin bias.

What you seem to forget is that Putin and the Russian government have very little to do with 25% of Russia's GDP being based on commodities.
They've mostly been laissez-fairre. It's simply the fact Commodities always boom, and then bust. Why not utilize your extensive commodities?

Finally, 2ch is in no way representative of Russian public opinion.
>>
>>56840329
>>56839662
Samefag Putinbot.
>>
>>56839773
Nice English, proxy-kun
>>
>>56840730
The Kremlin shillbots have been out in force on /int/ all day. I caught one earlier using a proxy to agree with all of his posts.
>>
>>56836204
if the ccp turns into full of weebs yes. 2bh i dont think this is impossible.
>>
>>56836204
No. Unless you separated the country into 4 then yeah, otherwise it needs to be authoritarian to function.
>>
>>56836761
You forgot Guangzhou and Beijing.
>>
>>56840920

>>56841196
>>56841294
Here's yet another one.
>>
File: 14268675163100.jpg (20 KB, 349x298) Image search: [Google]
14268675163100.jpg
20 KB, 349x298
>>56836204
>implying there is freedumb in the west
>>
Freedom is a Western concept.
>>
File: jLyIxtK.jpg (322 KB, 1200x1807) Image search: [Google]
jLyIxtK.jpg
322 KB, 1200x1807
does the mainland people have freedom to do what they want or is it like north korea?
>>
>>56841813
What EXACTLEY freedom west have?
>>
>>56841904
doesnt get censored, especially in criticism of goverment
>>
>>56841904
Freedom of self-defense but only in USA.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.