[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pictures of groups of American friends are always racially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10
File: average californians.jpg (41 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
average californians.jpg
41 KB, 700x466
>Pictures of groups of American friends are always racially diverse
>Is this a meme or do you actually have such friends?

>>52367363

I found this thread fascinating but it died before I got home from work.

Basic responses seemed to be a resounding yes from Californians, who said that class mattered much more than race in terms of who people become friends with and that they tended to have racially diverse friends. Meanwhile an anon from the South said that people tend to stick with people of their race and another anon said this was true only on the coasts. Overall Americans who replied seemed to mostly be saying that it was true with only a couple saying not really. Any other answers/experiences?
>>
>>52399952
If you live in a diverse area like Chicago or Los Angeles it's pretty true. If you live in a more monoracial area it's less true. Really just depends on location.
>>
>>52399988
This, I was the chicago poster.
>>
I live in a state that's like 90% white, 8% Native American and a smattering of others.

So all my friends are white.
>>
>>52399952
>racially diverse
>less than 30% white, and one has red hair

That's not representative; that's "utopian" propaganda.
>>
>>52399988
Pmt

In a diverse area there is no concrete community or identity so by default it's your socio-economic group. However I have found that even in diverse areas, immigrants of the same nationality regardless of class will tend to form groups as an acception to what I just mentioned.

tldr; money replaces culture when it comes to association in a liberals wet dream.

t. Someone who lives in one of the top 5 urban shutfests in the US
>>
I share a house with other uni students. The division is something like 1/3 White 1/3 Black and 1/3 Japanese
>>
File: gerhardts.jpg (104 KB, 684x513) Image search: [Google]
gerhardts.jpg
104 KB, 684x513
>>52400079
Are you from North Dakota?
>>
>>52400086
It's just a stock photo for the thread bruh
>>
>>52400142

No, but you're very close
>>
>>52399952
>Californians
Trusting commiefornians.

>Meanwhile an anon from the South said that people tend to stick with people of their race and another anon said this was true only on the coasts. Overall Americans who replied seemed to mostly be saying that it was true with only a couple saying not really. Any other answers/experiences?
I went to high school in Mississauga which is majority non-white. In cafeteria the segregation was clear. Black caribs stuck with black caribs. Muslims stuck with Muslims (and shias and sunnis didn't really mix). Hindus with Hindus. Chinks with chinks. Slavs with slavs.
>>
>>52400086
That's pretty accurate for Los Angeles actually.
>>
>>52400185
Too many blacks to be LA
>>
>>52399952
>3 niggers
>2 Asians
>A jew
>and one redhead

JUST
>>
My best friend when I was a kid was Mexican. He lived down the street from me in this small town. We hung out all the time at each others houses, rode bikes around the neighborhood, I even started dressing as cholo as I could get away with for awhile until my Dad put a stop to it.

Then,when I was about 10 or so, My family went on vacation and we left my friend a key so he could feed our dogs while we were gone.

When we returned, we found that he had stolen a bunch of knives and about 50 dollars worth of rolled quarters. The knives were heirlooms my Dad had brought back from his military days.

Since then I only associate with other whites.
>>
File: caiane1.jpg (331 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
caiane1.jpg
331 KB, 2048x1366
Typical brazilian university class
>>
>>52400245
They all look like Alberto Barbosa. And it's overcrowded.
>>
>>52400090
>In a diverse area there is no concrete community or identity so by default it's your socio-economic group. However I have found that even in diverse areas, immigrants of the same nationality regardless of class will tend to form groups as an acception to what I just mentioned.

This. In mixed areas it's primarily dependent on your income level, where you grew up and what your interests are. I'm upper middle class, mostly Mexican with a minority of white admixture in Los Angeles. Most of my friends are upper middle class whites/Mexicans. I know a few Asians and two Armenians but there aren't too many in my specific area. Pretty much everyone I know acts similarly. It just comes down to finding similar interests.

This. Immigrants are a bit different though, because many have just arrived in the US and aren't yet Americanized enough to fit in with "normal" American society. A lot of poor immigrants Mexicans live in white trashy areas of Southern California and they seem to get along fine with poor whites though, as long as they speak English. Both are mostly low income blue collar people who drink too much, drive trucks and dislike complexity.

>>52400240
>Being friends with a cholo
There's your mistake.
>>
>>52400382
Los Angeles isn't diverse.
It's just spics, chinks, niggers and a kike.

In my high school, I had afghan, somalian, iraqi, palestinian, punjabi, tamil, korean, iranian, vietnamese, etc. classmates. And I still saw segregation in the cafeteria.
>>
>>52400245
>Brazil
>white
>>
>>52400439
>Los Angeles isn't diverse
Nigga....
>>
File: cali students.jpg (242 KB, 602x450) Image search: [Google]
cali students.jpg
242 KB, 602x450
>>52400245
Here's some US students
>>
>>52400439
>Los Angeles isn't diverse. It's just spics, chinks, niggers and a kike.

That's fucking bullshit.
There are a fuck load of Koreans, Filipinos, Guatemalans, Armenians, Persians, Viets, Indians, Cubans, Thais, Ethniopians, Japanese, and Lebanese too. A fair share of the "white" population here are also Euro immigrants as well from Russia, Poland, Greece and Ukraine. We even have a number of Brits and Germans here.
>>
>>52400494
I'm just comparing it to the greater toronto area.

>According to the United Nations Development Programme, Toronto has the second-highest percentage of constant foreign-born population among world cities, after Miami, Florida.

Though "Diverse" doesn't just mean non-white. Toronto really has just about every language represented.

I now live across the street from the largest Tibetan community outside of tibet...
>>
>>52400587
I believe you but I'm just comparing it to GTA:
>>52400604
>>
File: caiane5.jpg (638 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
caiane5.jpg
638 KB, 1600x1200
>>52400549
Engineer class
>>
File: 124235246347.jpg (436 KB, 1000x584) Image search: [Google]
124235246347.jpg
436 KB, 1000x584
>>52399952
>>52400245
>>52400549
These photos make me feel uncomfortable.

>>52400142
This one is dope though.
>>
Texas here

I wouldn't say it's typical, but yes, people have many colors of friends. It's not so much about class as it is about graduating from the same high school or having the same interests. Obviously these things are correlated with class, but Texas isn't an IRL Hunger Games like Cali is.
>>
>>52400245
Brazil and USA are truly sister nations.
>>
>>52400667
Looks boring as fuck desu.
>>
>>52400686
And you're their incestuous offspring.
>>
>>52400708

yeah shit's just so boring when you don't have gangsta driveby shootings
>>
>>52400708
>clean streets
>nothing on fire
>garbage cans still upright
>stores not boarded up
>buildings not collapsing
>boring
>>
>>52400708
>be american
>come to Australia
>don't get shot
>become bored
>>
>Obviously these things are correlated with class, but Texas isn't an IRL Hunger Games like Cali is.

It's not actually like that here either. I'm upper middle class and my circle of friends has poorfags on welfare and a few peeps who are literally sitting on multi million dollar trust funds.
>>
>>52400749
>>clean streets
>>nothing on fire
>>garbage cans still upright
>>stores not boarded up
>>buildings not collapsing
>>boring

I have all that where I live too, but it's not boring here.
>>
Pennsylvania
Mostly white friends, but I'm also not a friend-seeking extrovert. I imagine with a larger sample size of friends you'd have more diversity.

In high school there was a Colombian kid who sat with us at lunch and stuff. My first job had a Puerto Rican who was friends with everyone. Even went to his apartment a few times with some other coworkers. At my current job there's a black guy I joke around with. Sent a few texts as well.
>>
File: Diaspora.png (810 KB, 2258x1426) Image search: [Google]
Diaspora.png
810 KB, 2258x1426
>>52400708
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
>>
File: laughing_whores.png (389 KB, 443x397) Image search: [Google]
laughing_whores.png
389 KB, 443x397
>>52400749
underrated post
>>
>>52400801

What part of Cali are you in? I used to live in the Bay Area and it was the most racist part of America I'd ever seen. Everyone kept to their own as much as possible, even within super-rich areas like Silicon Valley. And the dominant ethnicities used zoning/public transit to keep everyone else out as much as they could. It really fucked with my head how Caltrain and BART were kept as separate systems just so dark-colored poor people couldn't get into the "nice areas."
>>
>>52400708
Do you know what's travelling for?
>>
>>52400894
>so dark-colored poor people couldn't get into the "nice areas."
nice
>>
File: 124135232.jpg (516 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
124135232.jpg
516 KB, 1000x1000
>>52400860
>more than twice as many blacks in Brazil than there are people in Australia

Interesting.
>>
>>52400826
You just contradicted yourself.

Perhaps you'd be a better proofreader if you didn't fear for your life so much.
>>
>>52400926

It's not as nice as you'd think-- those nice areas are really fucked-up places. I'm pretty red-pilled when it comes to race, but I learned in the Bay Area that upper class Whites and Asians become real assholes when they aren't exposed to the occasional dose of mandatory reality.
>>
>>52399952
and the only 1 white... you should really think about your tolerance shit.
>>
>>52400894
Los Angeles. Specifically where Glendale & Eagle Rock join adjacent to Hollywood. It's a pretty weird area that ranges from low-income to hyper rich all within a 5 mile radius and everything is pretty much mixed together. It's much more difficult to do that sort of segregating stuff in Los Angeles, because it's the hilly areas that are always expensive and flat areas which are cheap and all of Los Angeles is just hills sticking out of lowlands.
>>
>>52400985
No i mean your pic looks boring as hell because it's mono-ethnic.
>>
>>52401071
You have Stockholm Syndrome, in more ways than one.
>>
>>52400988
>upper class Whites and Asians become real assholes when they aren't exposed to the occasional dose of mandatory reality.

This. They get this weird fantasy that they're some glorious illustrious nobility in their head because they work management or programming positions and are used to having people suck up to them. It's hilarious when they actually encounter someone who doesn't take their shit and is a jerk back to them. They become visibly shaken and flustered.
>>
>>52401071
Go kill yourself, you disgusting waste of flesh.
>>
>>52401106
>enjoying the fact that I live in an area that has whites, spics and chinks is bad
Okay /pol/. It would be an issue if they actually caused problems but they don't.
>>
>>52399952
I knew a Californian. Can confirm. He said his friend group in high school was one from each race and they were all rich kids.
>>
File: skoolkinders.jpg (540 KB, 1024x741) Image search: [Google]
skoolkinders.jpg
540 KB, 1024x741
>>52400245
here is a picture of a south african public school.
also check out the slut on the left
>>
>>52401707
Do the rest of the black South Africans just not go to school?
>>
>>52400714
No that's Dixie.
>>
>>52401740
best to learn steal.
>>
>>52401740
you go to school in the area you live in. whites live in more wealthy areas. So you get schools divided along racial lines mostly. in my high school of 1200 kids maybe 20 were black.
>>
>>52401707
Is skin cancer a big deal there like it is here?
>>
>>52401901
same as aus. a little bit higher i think.
>>
>>52401707
I feel sorry for the whites living i SA
>>
>>52400675
Hi, m8
>>
>>52402029
ah dont worry bout us. life is still good here.
>>
>>52400860
>brazil
>100,000,000 of portuguese ancestry + 55,900,000 africans
>literally the best interracial mixing ever possible
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.