[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my daily drawings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
planning to draw daily n put them in here
also kind of new on 4chan
helo/
>>
oh ye any critique and tips are welcome
>>
Did you even look at the catalog before your posted this you autistic nigger
>>
>>2386921
>>2386918
theres a draw thread, and theres a beginner thread. dont make your own thread. You arent good enough to make your own thread, when youre good enough to make your own thread, dont. Dont make your own thread.

Dont make your own thread

dont

also its muddy as fuck and your boxing in it bad.
>>
>>2386918

You are observing some shapes but fall back into symbol drawing in certain areas. The eyes for instance - try to get over the notion that eye whites are always white. Look at the reference. Really fucking LOOK at it. You'll find that the eye whites are actually quite dark.
>>
Don't draw from photographs anymore. You won't get much better until you start being able to draw people who make micro movements and shift and shit. Don't try to draw "accurately." The eyes aren't white. The hair isn't pulling light the way you've drawn it. The lips aren't that dark. Get out of your head. That is, if you are going for realism. Pro tip: fuck realism.
I hope I've been contradictory enough for you
>>
>>2386938
>Don't draw from photographs anymore

sick of this meme
>>
>>2386943

Didn't you know that unless everything you draw is 100% from imagination you're a hack? :^)
>>
>>2386918
Go to Crimson Daggers or Permanoobs if you want a thread dedicated to your stuff otherwise post in the drawthread.
>>2386943
Drawing from life is vastly superior to drawing from a photo. But at the same time if you have to, yeah a photo is better than nothing (but you should try to find a photo with good lighting/contrast, which imo this photo isn't that great at).
>>
>>2386918
I think you may be struggling to understand where the light is coming from and what surfaces it is hitting most predominantly.
>>
>>2386918
dump your drawings here
>>2386452

jesus
>>
Hey OP
As a newbie stick to the beginner and draw threads for now. Take heed of the advice above, you're not quite constructing the face yet and it shows as the picture feels very flat. Don't copy for the sake of copying either, try and build up the topography. Also take some life drawing classes.
>>
god i hate beginer digital fags, this would have looked somewhat nice with natural media butt noooh muh wacum seed
>>
>>2387095
If its a study does it matter how good or bad the lighting or contrast is? If you can replicate the shapes and the tones that it does have, isn't that enough?
>>
>>2386918
Lurk moar faggot
sage
>>
>>2387413
If you're only looking to replicate but if you have stronger lighting it will be easier to replicate and, on top of that, you'll be able to understand the forms better which will help for your visual library. The drawing/painting usually just looks better/more 3d as well.
>>
>>2387412
and it's always the same "cute girl photo" all the time.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.