[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I noop all elements on every site that matches a pattern?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: ubo.png (5 KB, 800x350) Image search: [Google]
ubo.png
5 KB, 800x350
I'd like to noop everything on every *.tumblr.com site. How can I do it?

I tried to add this line in the rules:
>*.tumblr.com * * noop

but I think the syntax is incorrect (because of the regex?). Can I do it somehow?
>>
File: 1461491462606.png (10 KB, 641x361) Image search: [Google]
1461491462606.png
10 KB, 641x361
Friendly reminder that uBlock Origin hides the ads after loading them.
>>
>>>55319347
>>>55319347
>>>55319347
>>
File: improved version.jpg (21 KB, 641x361) Image search: [Google]
improved version.jpg
21 KB, 641x361
>>55326118
>>
>>55326118
Shouldn't they rename it uHide Origin then?
>>
>>55326118
STOP THIS RUMOR YOU IDIOT
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them%3F
KILL YOURSELF

>>55326324
>>55326289
>>
File: underpants.png (447 KB, 1089x793) Image search: [Google]
underpants.png
447 KB, 1089x793
>>55326334
>>
>>55326334
Nice damage control but the fact remains.
>>
>using ublock ever
why not use an adblocker that actually blocks the ads instead of just hiding them?
>>
So...how can I do it, nonetheless?
>>
>>55326118
ublock != ublock origin
>>
>>55326450
uBlock Origin accepts 2 kinds of filters. Cosmetic filters and network filters. Cosmetic filters hide the ad / element, network filters *block* the request.
"uBlock also support the parsing and enforcing of hosts files -- something which ABP does not. All entries in a hosts file are parsed as network filters, i.e. no resource will be fetch from a remote server which appear in a hosts file, no connection will even be attempted."

If this is wrong please:
Whoever claims that uBlock does not block network requests as expected should open an issue with uBlock along with all the details supporting the claim. If the issue is not addressed satisfactorily, the claimant should report its finding + proof to the PRISM Break project in order to ensure uBlock is removed from that project.

DO IT

>>55326462
STOP THIS RUMOR YOU IDIOT
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them%3F
KILL YOURSELF
>>
why should I use this instead of based ABP
>>
>>55326643
if you want to load and then hide ads instead of blocking them you should considering using ublock
>>
>>55326699
you gotta be retard atp.

At this point.
>>
>>55326728
shill harder goyhill
>>
Wouldn't downloading the ads and hiding them work out fine? I mean, the advertisers get a hit so they pay the content creator while the consumer doesn't actually have to see the ad.
>>
>>55327551
tracking though
i really don't want to see bunch of dragon dildo ads the moment I disable an adblocker
>>
>>55327551
tracking and also more memory needed.

Anyway, can anyone give me an answer to my initial question?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.