[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you run a Windows system and have yet to "upgrade"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: windows_10_something_happened.jpg (24 KB, 322x215) Image search: [Google]
windows_10_something_happened.jpg
24 KB, 322x215
If you run a Windows system and have yet to "upgrade" to Windows 10, then be aware that Microsoft is getting desperate and tricky.

My latest notification came in today with an "offer" to upgrade on Tuesday. So I closed the pop-up window as always to ignore the message and not upgrade, of course. Lo & Behold, a new pop-up appears advising, "Great! You're scheduled to upgrade to Windows 10 on Tuesday at ##:## time!"

Let me repeat that.

CLOSING THE UPGRADE OFFER WINDOW WILL AUTOMATICALLY SCHEDULE THE UPGRADE.

Rather than, you know, NOT upgrade like it has for the last several months and as every other program ever operates (except for the ones you don't want on your computer, obviously). Cancelling the schedule is rather easy...for now...but still.

Keep your eyes open everyone! Microsoft is now trying to trick their customers into "uhgrading"!
>>
There's literally no reason to not be using Windows 10 right now.
>>
M8 most power users have had this shit turned off since forever. What is the point of bitching about it here?
>>
>>54553262
>$0.05 has been deposited into your account, Pajeet
>>
>>54553324
You wish.
>>
>>54553244
Is windows 10 shit?
What specifically don't you like about it?
>>
>>54553244
i've never once got a notification to upgrade my win7...i can only guess it only notifies users that have a registered copy
>>
>>54553414
This is misinformation. Always use Alt + f4 to close windows. I got the same notification earlier this week, but I was smart enough to read the button options presented to me in the window.
>>
Its a pretty simple fix to get that shit off your system:

>Run https://voat.co/v/technology/comments/459263 to remove any Windows 10 preparation updates and the update itself for the update.

>Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools and then to services and find the option for Windows Update. Stop the service and choose Disabled for the startup type.

Obviously you will want to make sure you have all the updates you need installed, but it works pretty well.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.