[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning to code
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: f.png (34 KB, 311x249) Image search: [Google]
f.png
34 KB, 311x249
What's your favorite website to learn to code? total shit tier level right here. no experience at all
>>
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/HtDP2e/
http://racket-lang.org/download/
>>
get a programming textbook
>>
none, I use books.
>>
>>54551321
Which books would you recommend?
>>
op here. where should I start?
>>
>>54551339
>>51971506

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_Books
>>
Start with codecademy since it's easier than a book. choose one language (not html/css since those are not programming languages) and finish the whole course. Then get a book once you have foundations built.

I recommend their PHP course since it touches on a lot of object oriented concepts that you will encounter in other languages. Also, if you can program in PHP, you should theoretically be able to pick up new languages (esp. high lvl languages like python and ruby) with ease.

If you are actually smart (140+ Mensa IQ) and have a nack for mathematics, i'd recommend going straight to learning C from a book, as you will pick up on "harder" abstractions naturally. Note: This will be much harder and could push you away from coding. (Think about someone who has never ran trying to run a 5K, vs. a soccer player trying to run a 5K).

I am an industry developer and I'm 21 years old, currently working my second job in the industry. Also sorry for the blog post, but I just wish someone told me this when I was trying to start.
>>
File: 1462408861719.jpg (438 KB, 900x2134) Image search: [Google]
1462408861719.jpg
438 KB, 900x2134
>>54551339
off with ye
>>
>>54551502
I can fap to this
>>
File: bro.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
bro.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
>>54551470
thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated. no need to apologize, all of this helps.
>>
File: he's the chosen one.png (1 MB, 867x749) Image search: [Google]
he's the chosen one.png
1 MB, 867x749
>>54551264
First you must learn to code shittily.

Here friend, take this as an example.
http://hastebin.com/iteduqocak.cpp
>>
>>54551264
Start with The Art of Computer Programming, if you're too stupid to understand it then kill yourself.
>>
>>54552921
what if i'm too stupid to understand how to an hero?
>>
>>54552977
just walk into a busy street, you'll be fine bud
>>
>>54553068
do you know something about coding?
>>
>>54553201
see
>>54552901
>>
>>54553210
i checked that out but there's no information for me, just codes and stuff
>>
>>54551502
You know there is probably someone that just bought all those books with no idea what they are about just because of these kind of images kek.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.