[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, you have 1 minute to explain to me why I should switch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1439873760699.jpg (7 KB, 168x211) Image search: [Google]
1439873760699.jpg
7 KB, 168x211
Hey /g/, you have 1 minute to explain to me why I should switch from Windows 8 to Linux
>>
>>51237569
no, do what you want.
>>
>>51237578
/thread
>>
>>51237578
I want to know if Linux is a better option than windows because I heard it was better. I just want to know whats better about it. That's why I made this thread
>>
>>51237634
www.google.com
>>
>>51237689
www.duckduckgo.com
>>
>>51233381
>>
>>51233381

go here if you want to learn
>>
>>51237634
Research u asshat
>>
Only pick the OS you want to use. Experiment with different operating systems and choose the one that suits your needs best.

If you like windows and work well with it, use windows. If you like linux and work well with it, use linux. If you like OSX and work well with it, use OSX.

From Windows 8 to Linux though, if you play games alot, Linux isnt for you. If you do alot of writing, general computer work and browsing, linux is a good option. If you have a slow computer with lots of software issues, Linux is a good choice, but if your computer can deal with windows just fine, theres no need to move in that scenario.
>>
>>51237634
If you don't know why it's better then it's probably not for you
>>
>>51237634
Just install Linux then rub winshit in a virtual box. Best of both worlds. If you can virtualize your GPU you cab have the security and control of leenux and the support of wangblows.

Just google the words and it makes sense.
>>
>>51237569

set up a VM and try for yourself
>>
>>51237634
Perhaps it will make you more eloquent.
>>
>>51237569
You should use GNU/Linux because your freedom matters.

https://gnu.org/ has more details
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.