[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is /co/ so hyped for one but hates the other? we know which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4
File: avults.png (2 MB, 988x750) Image search: [Google]
avults.png
2 MB, 988x750
Why is /co/ so hyped for one but hates the other?
we know which on will sell
>>
>>77346113
Captain Marvel is the sales equivalent of swallowing a cyanide capsule
>>
>>77346113
They feel like one is being put together for reasons other than story. Which is silly since every book by Marvel and DC is created for that reason.
>>
ANAD is on my shit list because they are using Radioactive Man as a villain.
>>
>>77346152
I don't think that was radioactive man
>>
File: 1446843834137.jpg (2 MB, 1350x1044) Image search: [Google]
1446843834137.jpg
2 MB, 1350x1044
>>77346113
>Why is /co/ so hyped for one but hates the other?
#1... Rocafort is incredible while Kubert is bad and Asrar in his current style is very meh
#2... The Minority characters in Ulimates are better and more mature characters than the Minorities in ANADA,
#3... Ultimates isn't taking teeny boopers and trying to force them to be the face of the main Avengers team!
>>
Cause Co does not represent the readership a lot of people are excited for ANAD avengers mostly Tumblr people who buy there comics not pirate them
>>
>>77346163
Why does BP's mask need a mouth?????
>>
>>77346163
This

Also, cosmic stuff is usually more out there in terms of creativity and isn't just the same old generic superheroics we've seen a million times before.
>>
>>77346180
How else will he eat people when he becomes zombie?
>>
>>77346176
>Co

Also
>tumblr buying comics past issue 3
kek
>>
>>77346195
You underestimate Tumblr. They buy more comic then people here will ever
>>
>>77346163
To add to this...
#4... The Ultimates team is hard core badasses setting out to take down fucking Galactus while the free day issue of ANADA shows falcap is teaching the kids to be a bunch of fucking pussies who won't be able to make hard decisions.

>>77346180
Its a Zombie-verse panther I think.
>>
>>77346219

This. Tumblr buys comics. 4chan doesn't. Tumblr will win.
>>
Cause /co is filled with white people
>>
>>77346236
>>77346219
see>>77276930
>>
>>77346219
Not really. In floppies maybe but not overall
>>
>>77346183
it also is vulnerable to be hijacked for an event in Bendis cosmic world
>>
>>77346263
> Rocafort
> Schiti
> On crossover...
I'm Game!
>>
>>77346263
If anything, Ewing's books will have their own crossover. Both New Avengers and Ultimates are dealing with Universe-8 and both Contest of Champions and Ultimates are dealing with ISO-8.

I'd be shocked if we didn't get a CoC/Ultimates/NA crossover, probably alongside the Captain Marvel and Black Panther books, within the next 18 months.
>>
>>77346113
On of them is written by Ewing and drawn by Rocafort, the other is not.
>>
>>77346247
Compare the posting quality of the people in the shelf-threads to the average /co/ poster. The Shelf-threads are pretty much the last bastion of classic /co/ on the site, alongside the occasional hypercrisis thread.
>>
>>77346317
Waid is the best
>>
>>77346113
I'm looking forward to both.
>>
>>77346121
>Captain Marvel

I will never not hate Marvel for this shit. That is MISS Marvel.
>>
>>77346256
I'd argue it's the other way around. Tumblr doesn't buy floppies, only trades and digital. I doubt any of them even know what a pull list is.
>>
>>77346350
I was saying floppies because of variants but you're right about digital sales
>>
>>77346332
>alongside the occasional hypercrisis thread
>all the rest of /co/ is turning into neo-/co/, but *not* *me*, ~my~ ~posts~ ~are~ ~special~
Fuck off, you smug, self-important piece of shit.

By the way, since you brought it up, Hypercrisis threads are literally cancer.
>OMG, we're so excited when Story X has a connection to Story Y!
>LOL, who cares about Story Z when it's not connected to anything at all?
When content-producers are afraid to put forth anything unrelated to everything else, this kills the industry, this kills the medium, this kills comics.
>>
>>77346423
The people that obsess over variants are collectors though. Collectors are very much the traditional comic buying demographic.
>>
>>77346332
how long until current /co/ becomes classic /co/
>>
>>77346236
>implying tumblr doesn't keep up with comics via single panels being reposted on their service

anon, pls
>>
>>77346113
One is doomed from the beginning, so /co/ doesn't bother to hate it for it's miserably short run. The other is to much "made to be mass compatible" to appeal to our niche.
>>
>>77346531
> Based God Rocafort
> Doomed
Pick One Faggot!
>>
>>77346348
She's literally never been Miss Marvel

You might say I'm being pedantic, but you're the one whinging about the name to begin with
>>
>>77346113
Right
>Roster of grown adults
Left
>Babysitter club
>>
>>77346640
I pick that the based God Rocafort writes a doomed series. It'll last a few issues longer, under his godhood, than any lesser writer could make it, but in the end: I think I'll love the Ultimates and whatever comic I love get's cancelled. I hope for 12 issues, dream of 24, but realistically it'll be like something around 8.
>>
>>77346335
Waid has written a lot of terrible books
>>
>>77346775
Such as?
>>
>>77346456
But the point of Hypercrisis is literally everything is connected

And, to paraphrase syndrome, when everything is important nothing is.
>>
>>77346787
JLA, Hulk
>>
>>77346810
I'll give you Hulk. His JLA was mediocre at worst.

Still, 1-2 books is hardly "a lot" especially for someone that's been working in the industry for decades.
>>
How good is the writer on Ultimates? The art has my interest, but I have never read anything by this writer.
>>
>>77346913
Go read AoA, it's amazing.
>>
>>77346913
Check out Loki: Agent of Asgard. If you want a shorter looks, a few of his minis/one-shots that are worth checking out:
>Avengers 34.1 (Hyperion solo one-shot)
>Ultron Forever (3 issue mini)
>Avengers Assemble #20 (one-shot of Wonder Man, Wasp, and Wanda going to help a dude that just went through terrigenesis)

I think he's a great writer, but you're better off judging for yourself rather than taking what anyone on /co/ has to say at face value.
>>
>>77346913
He looks silly, so he's the worst writer ever.
>>
>>77346348
Even as Ms Marvel all that was interesting about her was her lesbian subtext with Jessica.
>>
One has a better premise, line-up and creative team than the other.
>>
>>77346256
If that's the case, then who is it who was buying all those USG trades, and why were the floppy sales so shit?
>>
>>77347835
I liked the alcoholism. Alcoholism is cute.
>>
>>77347835
I liked the idea of a hardline pro-authoritarian superhero. Carol shouldn't be the "inspiring speech" type of hero, she should be the "if they show up, you know you're going to get your ass beat" kinda hero.
>>
The only "hype" I have is for Squadron Supreme, I don't give a single shit about this avengers shistorm they are pushing.

I admit though i would give more than a turd if that cunt of carol danvers wasn't on that book
>>
>>77348037
I wish she did stuff like this more often.
>>
>>77348127
Oops that was meant for >>77347955
>>
>>77346113
I don't hate ANAD avengers and I am feeling less and less hyped for Ultimates

jokes on you, /co/ is not one person
>>
>>77346113
The Ultimates team has a better lineup. Falcon, Thordis and Iron Man are just dull. My favorite one is New Avengers though.
>>
>>77348154
So we're using the What If... name for FosThor now?
>>
>>77347955
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GirlsNeedRoleModels
>>
>>77348286
No, that's the name I'm using. They still insist on calling Jane Thor.
>>
>>77348315
Because trying to talk about this to a movie goer using the name thor isn't confusing at all
>>
>>77346180
Rocafort just does this shit all the time, look at Red Hood.
>>
Where's scanbro when you need him
>>
>>77349035
At work. Assuming he got a new job.
>>
But I'm hyped for neither.
>>
>>77346163
>Kubert is bad
yet another confirmation /co/ does't know shit about good art
>>
>>77346113
Sales doesn't usually correlate to quality, anon.
>>
>>77349451
Have you not seen any of Kubert's stuff from the last couple years? Nigga is 100% phoning it in.
>>
>>77349035
hope he comes later
>>
>>77346348
Who is Miss Marvel? That character never existed in the Marvel Universe. It's always been Ms Marvel, you know the title that doesn't say whether the woman is married or not.
>>
>>77346263
>it also is vulnerable to be hijacked for an event in Bendis cosmic world

oh anon. There's no hiding from events.
>>
I hate Mark Waid and I like Ewing
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.