[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't McDonald's realised the obvious superiority
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: McDonalds French Fries.png (189 KB, 443x506) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds French Fries.png
189 KB, 443x506
Why haven't McDonald's realised the obvious superiority of steak fries yet?
>>
In our post-ironic society people pretend to love McDonalds fries. I don't understand it either.
>>
Semi related, can I eat a double cheeseburger from McDonald's that has been left out all night?
>>
>>7161983
I don't know. Can you? Give it a try and report back.
>>
>>7161975

Most places are actually trying to do anything they can to be different from McDonald's fries, which have been seen as the gold standard for decades (regardless of how good they might actually be in real life).

The only exception would be a place that charges $15 for the amount in the OP pic but calls them 100% in house, from scratch, locally sourced, organic, cruelty free, McDonald's fries - kind of like how people go vegan and then lose their shit when someone offers vegan cheese steaks, or vegan fish and chips, but that's a whole other kind of crazy.
>>
>>7161964
Economic reasons.
>>
>>7161986
>Most places are actually trying to do anything they can to be different from McDonald's fries, which have been seen as the gold standard for decades

idiot, just so fucking dumb and american it's unreal
>>
>>7161964
because mcdonalds would rather die slowly over a course of years than instantly in a minute.
>>
>>7161964

this is why you arent in charge
>>
Id be willing to bet McDonald's tested steak cut fried in test markets. Its an easy product for them to carry, cheap, easy, and doesn't need any additional equipment to prepare, so it seems like a natural. The simple fact is they just didn't sell as well as the shoestring fries, they were a flop. And I tend to agree, its not my preference either.
>>
>>7161983
If it was left wrapped up it should be fine, just toss it in the microwave. If it was unwrapped then the bread will be stale as fuck.
>>
File: 1397833206728.jpg (8 KB, 235x222) Image search: [Google]
1397833206728.jpg
8 KB, 235x222
Steak Fries are the shittiest type of fry though, no cut is worse
>>
Medium cut > thin cut > fat cut

desu
>>
>>7161964
>>7154586 (OP)
That meal would actually be pretty good if seasoned correctly.

Fry an egg, quarter it, season each quarter differently, and repeat for several eggs. You WILL become a master of seasoning.

>>7159975
>>
>>7161999

>idiot, just so fucking dumb and american it's unreal

Everything you quoted was pretty much correct though.

What don't you agree with and why are you so upset?
>>
>>7161964
The fries in McDonalds are the only thing worth eating there.
>>
>>7162144
spotted the amerifat
>>
>>7161964
their thin fries have a better ratio of fried exterior to mushy interior
>>
File: 1334297770593.jpg (34 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
1334297770593.jpg
34 KB, 299x288
i dunno man when was the last time you made several billion dollars per annum selling steak fries?
>>
>be pleb
>be told McDonald's is bad
>be desperate for a way to distinguish yourself
>Steak Fries
>>
>>7162416
>be told

no, McDonalds IS bad for anyone who actually eats real food
>>
>>7162420
yes, but the point is plebs try to make themselves feel special by saying things like "at least i don't eat that crap"
>>
>>7162420
>who actually eats real food
What is the fake 'food' product that McDonalds carves eatable products from?
>>
>>7161975
Exactly. And the fries have been selling great for decades. You don't mess with success
>>
>>7162420
>real food
it IS real food. it surely isn't proper food but it does exist and is, in fact, real.
>>
>>7162147
>trying to force a meme
>>
curly fries > sweet potato fries > steaknshake fries > steak fries > regular fries > waffle fries (overrated) >>>crinkle fries
>>
>>7161964
Steak fries would take longer to cook, that's why they don't make them.
>>
They're golden terrific.

It's like eating the essence of the Aryan god.
>>
>>7162489
yo nigga i like arbys too
>>
Smaller fries collect more salt and grease and are therefore more addictive.
>>
>people unironically choose to go to mcdonalds to buy "food" and then shove it down their fat gullet
>>
The real question is why hasn't any major fast food chain adopted waffle fries yet? Everybody in the world knows they're the best.
>>
File: lunch2.png (1019 KB, 1019x619) Image search: [Google]
lunch2.png
1019 KB, 1019x619
>>7162973

Hello.
>>
File: ls[1].jpg (21 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ls[1].jpg
21 KB, 250x250
>>7162973
>>7163017

Whoops
>>
>>7162973
>>7163022
Rekt t b h
>>
File: 6125265240_8ee6783c60_b.jpg (398 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
6125265240_8ee6783c60_b.jpg
398 KB, 1024x768
Are steak fries like potato wedges? They have those here.
>>
>>7162164
Literally nowhere outside of America considers thin reedy strips to be a gold standard for fries AKA chips. It's only seen in American and Americanised fast food franchises, none of which are at all renowned for the quality of their chips.
>>
File: steak-frites.jpg (35 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
steak-frites.jpg
35 KB, 500x335
>>7163202

In however many years I've been on /ck/ and seen fries vs chips threads, I've seen multiple bongs say that "french fries" are what you get at McDonald's, while "chips" are what Americans would call undercooked steak fries, most often pictured with deep fried chunks of white fish.

Most of actual Europe seems to call them frites, and apparently slathers them in mayo, which I have no problem with.

I've also spent time in Europe, where a McDonald's can be found in every village. Nobody ever said that they're the pinnacle of quality, but yeah, most people consider their crunchy outside and fluffy interior what fries are supposed to be.
>>
>>7162654
>tfw the Arby's nearby is placed right next to In-N-Out and I have no idea how it stays in business
Staff is a bunch of very nice high school kids who just seem to be bored out of their mind. I actually go there every now and then for fries and roast beef and tip the girl a $5 because damn I know what it's like to work in food service when it's slow and man is it horrible.
>>
>>7163239
I still can't believe that the world's best restaurants serve fucking French Fries with Steak.

I mean yes it's fucking delicious but like Poutine it just seems like something only shameless fat people would do.
>>
>>7163253

Arby's is so good. I wish they were bigger. They need to market better and get more locations.

I live in a city and the closest Arby's is a pretty far drive. Their food is really, really good IMO. And they have the GOAT fries (them and Checkers/Rallys).

Big Arby's fan here.
>>
>>7163276
I honestly hated them before I realized they made a decent french dip. Mozz sticks aren't bad either.
>>
File: lionschoicekingbeef.jpg (1 MB, 1053x1017) Image search: [Google]
lionschoicekingbeef.jpg
1 MB, 1053x1017
>>7163276
Arby's is fucking garbage compared to Lion's Choice. If every Arby's turned into a Lion's Choice, the world would know peace.
>>
>>7163259
>something only shameless fat people would do.
you can easily fit fries into a diet, maybe learn to control yourself fatty
>>
>>7162873
It's the crunchiness that does drives it home.
>>
>>7162973
When I'm eating fries I wan't to be able to eat them in one bite. Waffle fries makes drunken eating messier.
>>
>>7162489
Crinkle fires is the only cut that's crunchy AND soft/chewy. It's in the top 3 for sure you dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>7161964
potatos are more expensive than flour.
>>
>>7163368

i dont doubt this tastes much better than arbys but fuck that looks like some decrepit vagina. Would not eat/10.
>>
>>7164781
This was my exact thought.
>>
You might find it surprising that McDonalds actually doesn't make that much profit. They generate a ton of revenue, but the majority goes to expenses and other maintenance related items. They couldn't afford to make steak fries and expect to sell them at a low price like the rest of their menu. Unless it was a huge seller, they would take a big loss.
>>
steak fries a shit, crinkle cut a shit. curly, waffle, thin are best. curly with non burger sandwiches, waffle with chicken, thin with burger.
>>
>>7164179

Excuse me, but what the fuck are you talking about?
I can get a 5 lb bag of potatoes for a dollar. ONE SINGLE DOLLAR.
Flour costs about $5-$7 depending on the type you're getting.
>>
>>7164179
What does that have to do with anything? Steak fries are also made from potatoes.
>>7164781
I don't think you've ever had rare sliced roast beef before. Sad, honestly.
>>
>>7161964
Shoestring > steak fries.
>>
>>7164865
Well i can get a 1kg of flour or about 4 potatoes for 85c.
>>
>>7162965
spotted the "foodie"
>>
>>7163368
>he needs a pound of ham on his sandwich in order to be considered superior
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 289x292) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 289x292
>>7164861
only acceptable answer to be honest family
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.