[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boxing General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.jpg (423 KB, 1912x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
423 KB, 1912x1080
How bad am I?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVvLcka3NgE
>>
>>756959
if that is you
1) cut your hair, you do not look like miyata.
2) your jab is too stiff
3) why do you take so long to throw your backhand
4) your front foot is too flat
>>
>>756959
You're planting your feet too much and not moving your head enough.
>>
>>756959
Seen worse desu
>>
>>756959
fucking awful mate. Your back foot keeps coming off the ground which means all your weight is forward and you're totally out of balance. It's also why your cross has the power of a wet napkin. Your footwork sucks; you're leaving your backfoot in the bucket CONSTANTLY and not moving before or after shots. Your hands suck. You keep dropping your hands after you throw your shots, sometimes you don't bring them all the way back, and whenever you cross your left hand drops exposing your chin.

These are literally the most common mistakes that could be fixed within a few months in a real gym. However long you've been training is a waste.
>>
>>756959
So shit. Suicide yourself, faglord.
>>
File: 1416342907068.jpg (32 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1416342907068.jpg
32 KB, 500x333
>>757033
THE IRONY
>>
>>757033
kek
>>
doesn't look bad to me but I don't know shit about shit.
>>
>>756959
>another Boxing thread

>another Boxing General
>>733503

Sure, just ignore these, too:

>>756031
>>756731
>>740722
>>749937
>>756429
>>752972
>>756538
>>
>>756959
Better then 90% off /asp/
>>
>>756963
He pretty much nailed it.
>>
>>756959
>>756992
>>757198
>>757235
Look at all these people who know nothing about boxing!

[spoiler]Why the fuck do I keep coming to this place[/spoiler]
>>
>>757326
because you have no self respect
>>
>>757279
I pretty much nailed your grandma, Leatrice.
>>
>>757279
I nailed your man-faced "girlfriend", Rubin.
>>
>>757333
You nailed a guy named Rubin?
>>
File: My name is Opi, Opi Safag.jpg (41 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
My name is Opi, Opi Safag.jpg
41 KB, 512x512
OP is a faggot.
>>
>>756959
>OP here
just so you guys know, that bag is filled with these materials and in this fashion:
>two tin buckets of paint, new
>one backpack filled with rocks and sand
Surrounding these objects and keeping them from resurfacing:
>a double layered blanket wrapped around them
>Sand and cotton mixture filling everything and making up for roughly 60% of the bag

The bag?
>Drag racing parachute carrying bag.

This bag weighs a ton and hurts like a bitch if you aren't wearing 16oz gloves with decent hand wraps.
>>
>>758689
what the fuck does that have to do with shitty form, bad footwork, bad handwork, and no movement?

also if you're afraid to hit the fucking bad just shadowbox you stupid prick
>>
>>758713
>>758713
It means my punches are harder than they appear. I still hit it with as much force as I can while also not trying to throw a power shot everytime. Also, as for the bad footwork, a good amount can be excused by the fact that, oh idk, I'm doing it in slippery dirt? I do lean on the front foot too often and this was not a showcase of head movement. It was purposefully left out. How about you upload yourself doing the specific errors correctly to show me?
>>
>>758713
I'm not afraid to hit it, look at how the bag is moving and consider that it weighs over 150lbs and I only weigh 117lbs. I never attempted head movement so why are you critisizing my head movement when you have not seen it?
>>
>>758715
>hey guys correct my shit form
>HEY LOOK I HAVE PERFECTLY VALID EXCUSES FOR WHY I AM SHITTY
>I ACTUALLY JUST WANTED COMPLIMENTS

You fucking move your head when you punch you god damn idiot. You're training yourself to get counter punched. If you aren't taking your head offline while punching, or moving your head after a combination, it ain't boxing. Boxing has attack and defense. It's like shadowboxing but only throwing punches. It ain't shadowboxing, it's shadow asskicking.

BUT YOU WOULDN'T FUCKING KNOW THAT

BECAUSE

YOU DON'T

ACTUALLY

TRAIN
at least I can take solace in the fact you are shit, and will always be shit, because instead of training in a gym you put paint cans in a bag and are doing shitty punches in the middle of the fucking mexican desert.
>>
>>758715
confirmed for no idea what you're talking about.

kid, pro tip, if you're going to play fantasy in your back yard, don't video it and post it like it's good boxing.
>>
>>758715
>>758717
That has nothing to do with anything anyone's mentioned

>>Also, as for the bad footwork, a good amount can be excused by the fact that, oh idk, I'm doing it in slippery dirt?

Not really. Unless that dirt is sand, your footwork should still be solid.

Your feet are too wide, this affects your ability to move in and out and generate power smoothly.

You're too jerky with your punches, which leads me to believe either your balance is bad or you're loading up your punches in your shoulders. I viewed it slowed down and you're definitely loading up your shots. Neither of which is ok.

Your hands are low. You're both punching too low (at about chest level) and you're inconsistently returning them to your appropriate guard.

As previously mentioned, you've got no head movement. You should always, always practice head movement at the very least. Otherwise you're training yourself to get hit with a counter punch.

Your footwork is awful. You should be twisting on your toes, not rolling on the sides of your feet.

That pretty much means that you might throw strong punches, but you'll never hit anyone with them and you're going to get hit a lot. Since those are the opposite of the two main goals of boxing, you're doing it really, really wrong.

Practice bending your knees while you jab, tie a two and a half foot long piece of string around your ankles, and relax when you punch. Don't try and punch a hole through the bag. Right now you're also jumping up with each punch, which is also wrong. You want to sit on them. Also, punch AROUND the bag, not going back and forth. You're not learning anything about angles if you just go back and forth.
>>
>>757207
Yeah, because we all know /asp/'s problem is too many threads.

OP, keep going man. You'll get the hang of it with practice.
>>
>>758873
>You'll get the hang of it with practice.
Not if he's spending so much time sucking off his boyfriend's penis instead of practicing.
>>
>>756959

You actually look pretty good. You have decent body rotation, but it could be a lot better.

Ignore the people saying you're leaning too far forward. If you want to throw a power punch, you need to put your weight into it.

Now you need to add in more footwork and head movement. First of all, you're starting too close to the bag. Take a couple steps back so that you're out of your opponent's range and then step in with each hit. You do this already, but you need to make it deeper and you need to recover farther and add in some defensive body movement and footwork after you recover to your guard.

You're much better than guys I've seen who have been training for months at a gym. All these haters are obviously jealous and think that they're superior for paying some fat asshole in a wife beater to tell them what to do rather than just practicing.

Hard work and determination is the key to success, never forget that. Without that you're hopeless, but with it, everything else will fall into place eventually.
>>
>>758875
>>758847
Thanks! Awesome replies guys. The rest of you? Severely dissapointed in you, except for the guy that told me I need to cut my hair and I take too long to throw my right, good eye.
>>
>>758898
Kill yourself, faglord.
>>
>>758898
seriously go to a boxing gym for a year... you're not too crash hot at the moment. but don't take it to heart.
>>
>>758898
Eat shit.
>>
>>756959
Fucking great. But it does look like your hitting a bag. Theres 0 snap in your punches, and you're not reacting to it like its a person. Add a slip or step back after a combo. Sprinkle in head movement, and rotate around the bag. Maintain good pacing to last 3 minutes comfortably. Repeat. You look great though, just no defensive skills, which are fundamental to boxing..
>>
>>758847
>Also, punch AROUND the bag,
>>758925
>and rotate around the bag.
I agree that OP could move more, but it doesn't look like his setup heaves him enough room to move very much, if at all around the bag without getting into an awkward and un-fighting-like stance.
>>
>>757033
Eat shit you fucking faggot
>>
>>757033
this senpai desu
>>
>>757326
wow constructive stuff you posted there, congratulations. based on your comment you must be an expert with decades of experience in various combat sports and an outstanding professional career! proud of ya! :^)
nice meme btw, keep it up with those, hella funny :DDDDxDD
also, do you feel good about knowing so much more about boxing than all these people here that OBVIOUSLY know nothing about boxing?
[spoiler]i'm sure you do, big boy[/spoiler]
>>
>>756959
ITT:
>guise can you help me with my form pls?
>go kill urself fegit lell!!!11!1!!!1
>>
>>758875
>lean forward
Have fun getting countered into next year you stupid fuck. You can punch hard without throwing all your weight into your front leg, which makes it hard to move, or really do much of anything, and really just fucks you over on so many levels. But I'm sure that one time you read Jack Dempsey's championship fighting means you know what you're talking about.

>much better than guys practicing
same fag, or fucking deluded

>haters
same fag

>jealous
same fag

>that think they're superior for actually fucking training
SAME. FAG.

>>758898
>thanks for the awesome reply that I wrote to myself to jerk myself off!
eat shit samefag

>>759027
Yea, it does feel good to know more than you faggots about boxing.

>>759030
No, he asked for advice, he was told he was shit, then he went into full defense mode instead of taking the criticism and going to a fucking real gym. This thread was not intended to be anything else than bait for "OMG UR SO GOOD ALSO CAN I FUK UR BOIPUSSY???"
>>
>>759045
To be fair, OP seems to be a little faggot.
Doesn't make you seem less like a pretentious asshole tho. Why not stay classy
>>
>>756959
awful, go to a proper boxing gym, get your shit pushed in then start training properly... you will end up teaching yourself bad habits ( your shitty footwork and lack of head movement among other things.. ) you will get nowhere unless otherwise.
>>
>>759051
>>759045
So this is why no one ever posts there own practice footage on here. They get shit on by a bunch of internet dweebs that can't even do it properly themselves instead of receiving constructive advice.
Do you at least have the balls of posting your own ba work doing it properly to the standard that you speak of?
>>
>>759069
Going through the thread again, OP doesn't seem to be looking for advice but is fishing for compliments. With his cancerous self taught shit.
So >>759045 was right, im sorry

You want advice? Go to a gym
>>
>>757033
Everyone knows Wu committed suicide. Stop embarrassing yourself imposter
>>
>>759100
If thiswere true, then why is it that I loved these two replies >> >>758847 >>756963

I'm starting to think you're a same fag trying to steer the thread away from constructive criticism and advice.
>>
>>756959
>self taught boxing tecnique
>boxing tecnique
>tecnique
>>
>>759197
Yea i'm sure you loved that "advice".
>cut your hair faggot
>advice from wu kek

Go to a gym where a coach teaches you or go back to watching anime, weak little twat
>>
>>759250
>>Implying anything I said in >>758847 is wrong
>>
>>759288
This thread is full of trolls. It's now become obvious as to why I've never seen anyone post their own footage on here. Don't even bother with them anymore.
>>
>>759304

But the guy is right, the tips were not that bad (even though it's probably not Wu anyway).
>>
OP is an immature faggot.
>>
OP is a cunt who impulsively tries to talk his way out of things.
OP has a big ego and has to make excuses to help him sleep at night.
>>
>>759383
You have issues man.
>>
>>759383
Quite the way to be sperging out m8.Know the OP irl?Did he fug ur gf?Is dat why ur mad?
>>
>>756959
Your "jabs" are not jabs.
Jab more, "jab" less.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.