[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular opinions thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 358x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 358x410
I'll start;
>cesaro is overrated
>JBL's title run was one of the best heel championship reigns in the past 15-20 years
>If Triple H never fucked Stephanie he'd still be where he is today minus two or three title reigns
>>
Bayley is beautiful
>>
>>1470512
>cesaro is overrated
No, maybe a bit by the smarks but not at all by WWE
>>If Triple H never fucked Stephanie he'd still be where he is today minus two or three title reigns
delusional
>>
Heath Slater is my favorite current wrestler
>>
>>1470538
HHH was already being groomed for main event status before he got involved with Steph, and he has the ability to stay there
>>
>>1470548
If he wasn't fucking the ubercunt, he'd have like 6-9 reigns at the most.
>>
>>1470552
look at randy
not fucking the boss
>13 title riegns
>>
>>1470562
This
>>
The only reason Cesaro isn't being pushed is because Europeans who aren't wacky stereotypes scare Americans
>>
Ruthless Agression was better than Attittude Era
>>
>>1470570
Raw in the RA era was mostly garbage.

Smackdown > AE in it's entirety though
>>
>>1470570
It was
>>
>>1470562
How does Randy's success or anyone else's for that matter affect Triple H's?
>>
>>1470512
WCW was better than WWF from at least debut of Nitro to sometime around 98

Russev vs Samoa Joe would be more interesting and could put on better matches than a lot of main event feuds that happened in the last 5 years

Brad Armstrong is grossly underrated

Fantasy Booking is really fun

CM punk is the best guy on mic of the last 10 years
>>
>>1470512
Women's Wrestling is important because it attracts more female fans to the product.
>>
>>1470638
On the mic Heyman>punk
Punk was great though
>>
>>1470512

How is he overrated?

Dude is amazing; WWE just watered him down like everyone else and turned him into a "meme wrestler".
>>
>>1470631
HHH's wrestling career is nearly the same as far as Title reigns and his push is concerned if he never got with Steph, he had strong ties with HBK and Vince well before he was giving Steph anal.

Steph gets 95% credit for his C.O.O success though, but his wrestling success was destined to happen way before Steph was in the picture.
>>
We already have one of these shit threads going:
>>1457261
>>
>>1470512
Retarded opinions thread?
Cesaro is not over rated, nor underrated he's right where he belongs until he can stop being ESL.
JBL's heel reign was actually really great, not sure if it was the best thing ever but it was amazing until he came out drunk and fought a blow up dinosaur thinking it was bigshow.
Triple H would probably be like anyone else in the 'clique' fucking gone.
>>
>>1470698
>until he can stop being ESL.

English is like his fifth language and he's still better with it than certain native speakers
>>
>Cesaro matches are literally 10 minute boring uppercut shenanigans
>Kane's leatherface mask was the coolest there was
>Enzo is getting worse and worse by the week (not sure about how unpopular this is tho)
>Shane is a stuttering beta on the mic
>>
>>1470661
Every single cesaro match is just a Segway from one Classic cesaro spot to another, I can't tell if I'm more sick of the spot where he just runs corner to corner delivering European uppercuts or the hockey brawl between KO and zayn that happens literally everytime they are close to each other
>>
Everyone knows Memesaro is overrated.

The very definition of a meme wrestler.
>>
>>1470512

>JBL's title run was one of the best heel championship reigns in the past 15-20 years

Is this opinion really unpopular? It is a fact no one can deny, JBL was the last great heel in wrestling and actually knew how to gain heat
>>
File: 786_1000.jpg (31 KB, 314x418) Image search: [Google]
786_1000.jpg
31 KB, 314x418
Impact is the best weekly wrestling show

Alicia Fox is better than Nattie/Emma/Paige

Roman Reigns is way better than Dean Ambrose

Mark Henry's WHC reign is the best Smackdown world title of all time.

Curtis Axel has the best dropkick in the business

Corey Graves is meh-tier at best

John Cena is the best overall wrestler alive today.

Mojo Rawley is great.
>>
Kane in his prime was better than Undertaker

Torrie Wilson was hotter than Trish

Stone Cold was the biggest meme in Wrestling history

Eddie Guerrero's legacy got overrated after he died, when he was WWE Champ his draw power was Dean-tier and Smackdown was dying
>>
>>1470736
>Every single cesaro match is just a Segway from one Classic cesaro spot to another

>What are all matches in WWE
>>
>>1470769
>Torrie Wilson was hotter than Trish

That's not even an unpopular opinion. It's fact
>>
CM Punk is a shit wrestler. His strikes are slow as fuck and lacks any impact.
>>
>>1470639
Does it really? Wouldnt the muscular shirtless guys being more influential in getting women into wrestling?
>>
>>1470512
I think that Cesaro is a good wrestler but he is so devoid of mic skills that the only personality he can display is the meme le uppercut spam man and leader of the Memesaro section.
>>
storylines matter more than wrestling

I'm not tired of the Big Show

ever since Punk left the show has been worse than the early to mid 90s
>>
Cesaro still hasn't completely recovered from his shoulder operation... perhaps never will.

You can see it whenever he does his "anti-aircraft-gun -motion" with his arms. He used to do it by shifting his shoulders back and forth, now he just does it by bending the elbows.
>>
>>1470512
>If Triple H never fucked Stephanie he'd still be
where he is today minus two or three title reigns

He would have jumped ship to WCW at some point even with the big DX push
>>
>>1471625
So you're saying that having more women's wrestling will encourage more men to watch?
>>
>>1470567
he is being pushed because he is boring and cant cut a promo
>>
>>1472031
Only if they go topless or full slutty gear but that wont happen.
>>
>>1470548
Did you hate Hhh in his heel prime? Good cause that's what they wanted..
>>
>>1471645
>I'm not tired of the Big Show
ma nigga
>>
Asuka is one of the coolest wrestlers in the company, man or woman.
>>
>>1470512
I never liked the Rock
>>
>>1470736
>Every single cesaro match is just a Segway from one Classic cesaro spot to another
This is literally every wrestler in every company.
Fuck even old school no fun allowed outlaw fags like Thatcher and MUHMUHA twinks like Riddle still have signatures that they're expected to cram in once a match.
>>
File: tumblr_o2viq73Thi1r83ei3o1_500.png (81 KB, 500x234) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2viq73Thi1r83ei3o1_500.png
81 KB, 500x234
>>1471637
There comes a time where the word meme is used so flippantly that the point trying to be made is totally lost in translation.
This is one of those times.
>>
>>1472446
Its not.

Even Cesaro showed awareness that his uppercut spam was a meme at MitB.
>>
I prefer the promos and segments then the matches on raw/smackdown
>>
>>1472440
>>1472440
This is why indie wrestlers will never make it big. They have too much move set.
>>
>>1470541
underrated post
>>
>>1472670
>too many moves

Maybe the fucking biggest /wwe/ pleb comment ever made on here.
>>
>>1470541

patrician taste
>>
>>1470512

Literally everyone believes this and rightly so
>>
good pageantry > good wrestling
>>
I have no idea why people are all going apeshit over Kota Ibushi now, he's one of the few popular wrestlers today that is legitimately a spotmonkey. His selling sucks ass
>>
>>1472935
>hey guys I just watched the CWC and saw Ibushi for the first time ever

And it's funny because you're STILL wrong since his selling of the neck in that match even worked the GOAT
>>
>>1472937
>hey guys I just watched the CWC and saw Ibushi for the first time ever
Sorry no
He's literally famous for bumping like an idiot and having matches with blowup dolls, let's not try to pretend he's some unsung GOAT finally getting his time
>>
>>1472946
He's also famous for killing it in New Japan but hey, cool Googling lad.
>>
>>1472975
He's way more famous for his DDT work but sure *you* tell *me* about Googling friendo, I'm sure you're an expert on Ibushi because you saw him have a good match with Nakamura
>>
>>1472977
>he just found out about WK9
>>
>>1472978
That's what I was implying about you yeah
>>
>>1472980
Considering I watched it live when it happened, that's unlikely.
>>
>>1472991
It's ok bro you don't need to convince me you're a huge NJPW aficionado because you watched a PPV, Ibushi will still be massively overrated regardless
>>
>>1472394
What I said implys the total opposite
>>
>>1472490
Same except ppv matches are amazing
>>
>>1472999
And you don't need to convince me you're an obtuse dumbfuck, but I'm sure you'll post in this again.
>>
All japanese faggots are shite
>>
>>1473018
There is no need to be mad that Ibushi isn't the shiny golden (star) god that people now make him out to be
It's just the way things are my friend
It's okay to still like him, hell I do, I'm just not gonna pretend he's this amazing top tier talent
He always reminds me of Marufuji
I fact I think they teamed up in NOAH at one point
>>
>>1470512

This is actually defensible since pretty much every heel champ since then has been made to look like a completely impotent chickenshit (Rollins as heel champ, Punk as heel champ, even Randy as heel champ couldn't wipe his own ass without constant Authority assistance). The only exceptions I can think of are Triple H (who is always and forever a terrible heel champion) or Brock Lesnar (ONLY if you considered him a heel, and because he was an absentee champion).

The heel champs immediately before JBL that I can think of where Triple H in mid Reign of Terror, and fuck that.

While I genuinely liked JBL's title reign as a heel, it looks MUCH better in comparison to other heels' reigns because those were all total shit because Vince is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1472394

>Good cause that's what they wanted..

They WANTED ratings to drop like a stone? How strange.

But, mission achieved, I guess.
>>
>>1470512
>Cesaro is overrated

The dude has been there for years and has, like, a single US title run to his name. How in the world is he overrated?
>>
>>1473042
Not saying it was a great run, but Mark Henry as a heelish champion worked.
>>
>>1472821
I don't.

That's not literally everyone then

Fuck you
>>
The best person to join NXT at dallas was Austin aries
>>
>>1471645
>I'm not tired of the Big Show
fucking this
>>
>>1470761
Fuck yeah Curtis Axel has the best dropkick in the business
>>
John Cena is a decent rapper
>>
>>1473571
That's not Okada.
>>
>>1475104
> muh irrelevant gook
>>
>>1470541
me too man, i was marking the fuck out when he was going over titus at the start of their match
>>
File: okada-money.jpg (74 KB, 610x250) Image search: [Google]
okada-money.jpg
74 KB, 610x250
>>1475108
>Okada
>irrelevant

Not only are you a total pleb for even saying this, but using it to defend the third-wheel of J.O.B Squad 2K16?

Apply yourself, lad.
>>
>>1475148
Fuck off to wew
>>
>>1475149
>le wew boogeyman

Imagine being this cucked by an off-brand marijuanas LOL Hong Kong marionette play forum
>>
>>1475151
> Imagine being this cucked by an off-brand marijuanas LOL Hong Kong marionette play forum
What did he mean by this?

Imagine being this tryhard
>>
>>1475156
An honor coming from the tryhard himself
>>
>>1475156
>a wild Bretcuck appears

Not my fault Hitman under-performed in Japan
>>
>>1475157
*honour
Dont make that mistake again

Maybe if you tried a bit harder at life you will be as succesful as me. Ive just had a week off work and still got paid more than both your parents, eaten smoked salmon and eggs for breakfast and im just about to buy 2000 pokeballs and its not even 10am yet. Im a winner

Apply yourself and maybe you can be like me
>>
>>1475160
Eh he didnt set the world on fire there but he didnt need to, vince probably told him not to risk injury against tiger mask and the others
They still loved him over there anyway
>>
>>1475162
All this and you still have never had sex. Good job
>>
>>1475162
>bragging about his made up life on an anonymous imageboard
Truly cringeworthy. Jesus Christ, you're just like your boyfriend Carter.

It's honor, limey cuck. Your irrelevant little island doesn't matter.
>>
>>1475164
Literally and physically got my dick sucked wednesday
Its ok nerd maybe one day you will be like me
>>
>>1475166
>nerd
>literally now copying dean mark's insults
Obsessed and absolutely buttravaged that he works people harder than you
>>
>>1475165
> limey
Better than being oreoey like you

Im just giving you something to aim for, dont hate the player hate your life
>>
>>1475169
Lol how new are you
Ive been calling /wwe/ nerds since before Carter even heard of the site, its not my fault he bit my style

> carter
> work
Those 2 words do not go together
>>
>>1475162
>succesful

Brilliant.
>>
>>1475166
>Literally and physically got my dick sucked wednesday

So that's what Carter was up to.
>>
>>1475173
> falling for my grammer b8
Splendid
>>
>>1475176
>only_pretending_to_be_retarded.png

Smooth. What's your next move, genius?
>>
File: Enjoying the show.gif (495 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Enjoying the show.gif
495 KB, 500x375
>>
>>1475182
My next move is to have a bath then go buy some new vests, suncream and new flipflops that dont squeak for my holiday next week

Gotta watch golddust vs boreton's raw match when i get back, some faggot tried telling me goldie isnt utter shit yesterday

and u?
>>
>>1475189
>he can't even make up interesting delusions
>>
>>1475200
> everything is a lie
> people leading normal lives
> must all be lies
Im starting to feel legit sorry for you. No wonder you are so bitter
>>
>>1475205
No actually I would totally believe that you'd consider something that mediocre to be worth bragging about.
>>
>>1475207
So leading a normal life seems like 'bragging' to bottom-dweller like you?
Damn bro im legit sorry
>>
>>1475214
>being this obtuse

Stop being a poor man's Cuckter
>>
> poor mans cuckter
Im not even going to honour that pisspoor attempt at b8 with a (you)
>>
File: Bro_are_you_serious.jpg (25 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
Bro_are_you_serious.jpg
25 KB, 400x380
Well this thread went to hell.
>>
>>1475254
>implying that "Unpopular opinions threads" are ever anything but shit

If anything blowing out Cuckter's bottom was its only saving grace. Fucker's even pretending to be a Brit.
>>
>>1470512
>unpopular opinions thread
>starts with three fairly safe opinions
>>
>>1470512
Putting the mask back on Kane was ill advised and has lost all effect

Reigns would be good as a heel champion

HHH, although an opportunist in his later days, was good between 1997 and 2001

Big Show needs to retire

Jeff Hardy was never good, the skater/druggie persona was out of place even by 2000

Ambrose deserved to be champion, but not how he did it

NWO was overrated

Goldberg is, if anything, underrated on here, he's a genuinely nice guy who paid his dues and did well in the ring

Rollins is uninteresting

JBL was trash when he dropped the APA thing

The Undertaker hasn't been good in ring in over 15 years

Steve Austin's neck break probably saved his career by turning him in to a brawler and having him not outstay his welcome, he worked better as a non wrestling performer than as a wrestler

Austin's Bionic Red neck persona, where he was more brutal and opportunistic, would have been GOAT if it didn't involve Mick Man
>>
>>1475254
Everything thread that bretcum and spicter post in does.
>>
Weird how these threads almost never have actual unpopular opinions. Guess you aren't the edgy contrarians you portray yourselves as eh?
>>
>>1476407
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1476408
I got one.
>Asuka vs. Emma was better than Sasha vs. Bayley and is the best women's match in NXT history
>>
>>1476411
Sasha vs charlotte is far superior to both matches
>>
>>1476427
'no'
>>
>>1476427
Agreed
>>
Perry Saturn was the best Radicalz
>>
I'm not sure if it's unpopular, but I think he's genuinely the hardest worker in the company's history
https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/753933039684743168
>>
Backstage politics is a real thing

Cesaro is being underutilized but is still vastly overrated

Miz works as a heel champion and should be a draw because people legit hate his character

Roman Reigns could be a good worker if he was allowed to be legit 'strong' ala brock lesnar in 2003 rather than being made to look strong.

Dean Ambrose is a natural tweener and his straight up wacky babyface doesn't work as well as pisssed off babyface or insane heel does

Seth Rollins is a natural face whose being limited by how the company sees him rather than what he actually is

The club works

Kane was better unmasked

I think byron saxton is a good commentator - especially compared to JBL and maggle

If vince russo and jim cornette could work out their differences they would be the GOAT booking pair out there
>>
>>1476512
>should be a draw

That's not how drawing works hon.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.