[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
could someone without meme speak explain the hodor scene why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 47547654.png (3 MB, 2870x1616) Image search: [Google]
47547654.png
3 MB, 2870x1616
could someone without meme speak explain the hodor scene why did he have a seizure that made him end up saying hold door?
>>
>>69924013
Bran was in his head and they were both hearing things in the present/past and the future. All in Hodor's head. It fried his brain.
>>
>>69924013

I'm not convinced it was time travel.

I think Hodor was just a greenseer and saw his own death at 10 years old. It fried his brain.
>>
>>69924013
It's fucking magic man.
>>
>>69924376
so bran took possession of holdor in the present yet he was still in the past whaaaa?
>>
>>69924661
He took him while he was in the past, yes. Didn't you see the episode.
>>
>warging back in time fucking with past timelines
>how did it fuck up someone in a past timeline
I mean, it's not hard to see....

Also magic, don't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>69924661
oh i think i get it now he posessed hodor while in the past witch made him present hodor and that somehow changed his perception in the past or something idkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
>>
>>69924557
This
>>
>>69924013
It's a tv show you fucking simpleton. Eat your shit and shut your cunt mouth.
>>
The writers are awful and they got so confused at their shitty writing they decided that it should confuse Hodor so hard he turns into a retard.
>>
>>69924867
>just shut off youre brain bro XD
>>
>>69924944
hold the door was martins idea since book one m80
>>
>>69924944
Actually that came straight from GRRM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Jsj9V_Aqg
around 5 min in.
>>
>>69924983
>turning off your brain for a show made for the dumbest of dumbest cunts
How fucking braindead are you?
>>
>>69924554
/thdr

This is correct.
>>
>>69924013
Anta baka?
>>
>>69925086
>/r/iamverysmart
dang bud what's youre iq
>>
The main thing to remember is that Hodor's life is eternal torture. He is constantly racked with the knowledge he is doomed to be shredded by ice zombies, a knowledge that turns his brain to useless mush. And then he is forced to carry the person that will feed him to the undead around, wandering here and there until the moment he dies, yelling the same lame shit he has his whole life. And after he 'dies', then it starts all over again.

"Hodor" had been a happy enough lad living in Winterfell, then Bran pops in from the future and ruins him forever.
>>
>old guy tells bran to listen
>bran hears meera
>bran wargs present hodor and starts running
>bran loses concentration
>accidentally wargs into vision hodor
>fucks him up
>>
>>69925054

MAYBE, but I can guarantee that isn't how it happens.
>>
>>69925403
i sure hope so
>>
I was bummed out by Hodor's bum deal, but I couldn't stop laughing while he was stroking out.

>>>/wsg/1095910
>>
>>69925403
I imagine it'll be similar enough. Maybe book version will have Hodor "hold the door" but fighting off enemies trying to get through a doorway versus actually keeping a door closed.

All in all it'll end the same way thematically, with Hodor's initial trauma being feedback from future instructions or Bran's warg control in the past turning into a repeating instruction throughout his life.
>>
File: 1463826954676.jpg (30 KB, 480x490) Image search: [Google]
1463826954676.jpg
30 KB, 480x490
>>69924661

I think he was in the past the whole time, the present hodor was hodor himself
Bran just gave him courge or woke him up or something so he would help escaping.

If bran had control of hodor that means bran was the one holding the door and not hodor himself who made the sacrfice
that means he killed hodor without his consent
>>
>>69924013
Why the fuck did the old man and bran warg in the first place when they knew they were being attacked? I could understand if the old man had one last important vision to show bran, but they were just fucking around in the courtyard of Winterfell. Why were they there in the first place?
>>
>>69924826
>idkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Are you underage or just a fucking mouthbreather? Who fucking talks like this?

No wonder why you didn't understand the fucking episode.
>>
File: 1448848690965.jpg (99 KB, 458x532) Image search: [Google]
1448848690965.jpg
99 KB, 458x532
>>69926308
twinks and women talk like that.
>>
>>69926258
the raven knew about how hodor gets fucked up in the first place, and he needed bran to be there to cause it. without hodor being hodor, they never would've gotten to the cave in the first place, or made it out
>>
>>69926410
Yep.
That's why Bloodraven was telling Bran to listen to his friend when Meera was saying to "warg into Hodor".
>>
HOW THE FUCK DID SOMETHING GO FROM BRAN'S EARS TO BRAN'S MIND PALACE TO HODOR'S MIND PALACE TO WYLLIS MIND-PALACE TO DRIVE HIM MAD

IT
MAKES
NO
SENSE
>>
>>69926647

Inception
>>
>>69925361
this 100%

the same Bran warged into present Hodor, but then accidentally warged into past Hodor

This caused a link between the two Hodors that drove past Hodor insane, with fear and dread and all that.
>>
File: eat-it.gif (440 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
eat-it.gif
440 KB, 400x225
>>69924557
>>
>>69924013
Ugh you faggots are so stupid Brandon injected young hodor with 1 task and that is to hold the fucking door. Hodor didn't know what he was supposed to do until his last moments. It was all unfolding, like fate.
>>
I thought they could just see shit that trees had and not just wander anywhere and interact with things.
>>
There's a weirwood like 5 seconds from winterfell cuckie
>>
File: 1277592.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1277592.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>Brann wargs into past Hodor
>Literally in complete control
>Gives command "Hold the door"
>Command makes no sense, breaks Hodor's mind
>Now permanently in the submissive state of being warged into with his primary directive as "Hold the door" but also willing to do anything else he's told
>Back to present, hold the door is finally possible
>Holds the door
>Mission complete, Brann no longer in his head, warg state ends
>Regains his mind just as he dies horribly
>>
>>69926349

*posts le epic wehrmacht soldier to show how manly he is*
>>
>>69927057
it wasn't bran saying to hold the door dumbass
>>
>>69924013
WHY DIDN'T BRAN WARG INTO JOFFREY DURING HIS FATHER EXECUTION AND MAKE HIM RETARDED?
>>
>>69927094
Yeah but last I checked Meera wasn't a time traveler or a warg. She yelled at Bran and he gave the command
>>
Brann warged into past Hodor to connect to current hodor

That means everything present hodor is experiencing past hodor experiences too, that includes memories and everything Hodor has been through in his life is being streamlined into past hodor in a few seconds with the repeating command "hold the door"

this completely fries his brain
>>
>>69924013
>bran and raven doing vision walk
>bran and raven hear meera yelling for bran to warg hodor
>raven tells bran to warg hodor
>bran wargs hodor in the presnt
>night king kills raven
>bran alone doing a vision walk with out supervision
>hears what's going on around his body
>he's focused on vision hodor
>a connection is made between vision bran and vision hodor
>vision hodor hears what bran hears, probably what hodor in the present is feeling/seeing/hearing
>his brain can't handle it and gets fried creating hodor in the past
>>
>>69927169
That's why it doesn't make sense, it's supposed to be as if Hodor heard it through Bran, then lil-hodor heard that too when he was warged into
>>
>>69926647
It was clearly shown that Bran has some sort of power over the past.

You can see how young Ned turns around when Bran calls his name.

Bran can now apparently warg into people in the past and control them in the present. Effectively melting their brains.

But as Bloodraven said, the past is the past and the ink is dry so I'm assuming Bran won't do it to anyone else since we don't have any other Hodor-like characters walking around.
>>
The most tragic part about the scene is when his mother rushes to him and sees him twitching, not understanding what's happened, and Bran is just standing there knowing that he can never explain to them why he fell and that it was because of him and that even if he could find all those people who are all long dead now, even then he wouldn't be able to explain why he had to take her son's life without bursting into tears.
>>
>>69924013
spoiler tag you fucking cunt
>>
>>69926647
>>69927380
>Bran can now apparently warg into people in the past and control them in the present. Effectively melting their brains.

let's be clear about this. I doubt bran warged the vision hodor to control the present day hodor. He clearly warged present hodor directly and then made a connection with vision hodor to cause him to get brain fucked.
>>
File: hodor wogging.webm (1022 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
hodor wogging.webm
1022 KB, 1280x718
>>69926189
>Bran just gave him courge or woke him up or something so he would help escaping.

This

webm related, Hodor's eyes arent pale for the whole time but just for a second
>>
File: CAN_YOU.jpg (199 KB, 669x576) Image search: [Google]
CAN_YOU.jpg
199 KB, 669x576
"CARMELLA CAN YOU PLEASE HOLD THE DOOOOOOOOOOR?"
>>
>>69927729
>clearly
I wouldn't say clearly anon
>>
>>69927868
I would because present hodor was warged way before vision hodor even reacted to anything.
>>
>>69924013
He used past Hodor as a proxy to warg into present Hodor, which fried his brain.
>>
>>69927057
This pretty much. He warged into young Hodor and basically fried his brain/traumatised him with a 30 year-long command to hold the door.
>>
>>69927744
Yeah I hope that's the case. I don't like to imagine it was Bran controlling Hodor throughout that entire last scene.
>>
>>69927936
>with a 30 year-long command to hold the door.

OH SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!
>>
>>69927936
I'm refining it.

Bran uses young Hodor as a bridge to old Hodor and gives the command to hold the door.

Because he's the bridge, young Hodor is aware of Bran, the command and old Hodor. His brain gets fried due to both the command and because he feels what his older self is experiencing. I think his seizures are Hodor being attacked by the Wights.

Young Hodor doesn't die, but he's felt his own death in the future and all he heard was 'hold the door' which makes him say that, as well as being given the command to hold the door when the time comes.
>>
>>69928702

Why does past hodor have a scar on his face?
>>
>>69928903
he got kicked in the head by a horse. In the books, that is the reason given for why he says hodor.
>>
>>69925260
Thought there was some interesting foreshadowing for all of this back at the tower of joy, when bran speaks to ned and he appears to hear something. Shows that he can, in fact, interact with people in his little trips.

Something similar happened in one of the books, tree bran says something while ned is sharpening ice in the godswood at winterfell and he looks up but appears to decide it was just the wind.
>>
>>69927246
This is correct, anything else is wrong.
>>
File: amhappy.jpg (10 KB, 526x297) Image search: [Google]
amhappy.jpg
10 KB, 526x297
>>69924013
It was a stroke.
>>
>>69924013
What the fuck did he actually learn from Bloodraven? It doesn't seem like he actually accomplished or learned anything of value, and now he has nowhere to go.
>>
>>69929912
he learned
>how to tap into the trees
>how to affect the past
>why the wights are being dicks
>>
File: 9.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
Hodor didn't avoid his dark future.
>>
File: 6C7080581-130424-ned-stark.jpg (248 KB, 1000x793) Image search: [Google]
6C7080581-130424-ned-stark.jpg
248 KB, 1000x793
>Bran travels back to the start of the show
>Wargs into himself and doesn't climb the tower to see Jamie and Cersei fucking
>Changes the future
>Bran isn't a cripple
>Ned and everyone else is alive
>Ned says to Bran "Truly it was a Game of Thrones."
>Winks to the Camera
>>
Why is bloodraven so chill with the children of the forest after he found out they made the thing that's killing everyone? Why is bran chill with it after he finds out? Why are they such forest child apologists?

And I read that the first men eventually signed some kind of peace treaty with the children- what happened to the white walkers then?
>>
>>69930237

D&D make this happen please
>>
>>69929912
now he can just find a tree again, go back to the time he is about to touch the tree and get detected by the white walker, keep himself from doing it, than carry on
>>
>thousands of years old species of magic beings being suddenly killed by mere mortal humans who learnt how to put shit together and kill with it
>decide to experiment and create sentient beings capable of ending all life on the planet
>now Bran is supposed to 'learn' from them because they're supposed to be wise
>>
>>69924013
>final episode
>white walkers have destroyed westeros
>the surviving armies engage in a desperate defense of winterfell
>they give bran enough time to transport a few thousand men and women and two dragons into the past
>Bran literally become bran the builder
>they become the first men

pottery
>>
>>69930237
Fund it.
>>
File: HodorformatC.jpg (293 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HodorformatC.jpg
293 KB, 1920x1080
>>69924013
GUYS
GUISE
i figuered it all out
>>
>>69930237
and then come the WW and kill everyone
>>
>>69930385
>>now Bran is supposed to 'learn' from them because they're supposed to be wise
he's not learning from them.
>>
File: 1463559354900.gif (716 KB, 499x368) Image search: [Google]
1463559354900.gif
716 KB, 499x368
>>69924013
Bran wargs into Past-Hodor.
Bran exists in the present, but his mind is in the past.
Past-Hodor's mind is sent to Present-Hodor.
He follows direction, unaware of what's happening.
Pulls the sled and hold the door.
The totality of his being in that moment is his desire to hold that door.
Present-Hodor dies as Past-Hodor experiences it as well.
Past Hodor's mind returns damaged by the experience.
His mind bears the scar of his dying thoughts.
Hold the door.

Your face when you realize Hodor knew. He knew as soon as the entered that tree that he would die there. He didn;t know exactly when, but he knew the end was coming.
>>
>>69930237
>>69930280
>Dany finally reaches Westeros with her massive army
>Gendry or Jaime have beaten Dorne and control all of the southern armies
>Jon and Sansa lead the armies of the north
>all converge on one point
>the three armies stand, ready to fight in a mexican standoff
>Bran sees of a vision of this
>"you have to stop this Bran!"
>cue bran warging into the past and stopping it all from happening
>show ends with a scene where young Dany has managed to make her way to Westeros, begging for safety, and Bran gives her a nod
>>
Bran was in the past, couldn't access present Hodor so he warged into Past Hodor (Walder). Then he used Walder to control Hodor in the cave. Walder could see what was happening but couldn't comprehend it, only understanding the command "Hold the Door". His conciousness that was in Hodor was destroyed and his brain fried as a result.
>>
>>69927388
could you be any more gay?
>>
>>69924013
great now GOT has a fucking time loop thing going on

for fuck's sake
>>
God this time-travelling bullshit just fucking made everything worse since there's only 2 possibilities.

Either Bran is 100% fine with the sequence of events that have happened up to this point, including his family dying and becoming crippled and doesn't bother to change any of it.

Or Bran doesn't actually have the ability to influence the past that much and the Hodor shit was a fluke that was entirely unnecessary from a story-telling standpoint.
>>
>>69930726
then who/what is bloodraven?
>>
So am I being crazy or was the running through the tunnel scene the actors running in place?
>>
>>69931107
some old guy who has the same powers as bran
>>
Name me a story where introducing time travel as a one-time gimmick isnt completely ruined
>>
>>69927744
So how is past Hodor hearing 'Hold the door'
>>
>>69930858
no he didn't, present hodor was the one whose eyes flipped, meaning vision bran controlled present hodor. young hodor was fine until meera started yelling
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 187x269) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 187x269
>>69927084
>doesn't post le epic wehrmacht soldier to show how manly he is
faggot
>>
>>69927246
I think this makes the most sense
>>
>>69930266
They signed the peace to fight the walkers together my man, cue the long night and the last hero.
>>
>>69931215
vision bran either unintentionally warged vision hodor, or made some connection he didn't know he could control, and he's passing on everything he's sensing from warging present time hodor ino vision hodor
>>
>>69924944
Truth.
>>
>>69930385
>create sentient beings capable of ending all life on the planet
>assplode into confetti when touched by Dragonglass

Great doomsday weapon
>>
So the old guy in the tree is acually future Bran?
>>
>>69930760

Has Hodor ever shown any fear or hesitance about entering the tree?
>>
>everybody ignoring that Bran is the man in the tree
>>
>>69931334
it is if you're the only one with dragon glass

>>69931357
not, he was a targ.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 450x450
>>69924013
>Its a fat kid gets rekt on GoT episode
>>
>>69931284
Imagine being so shit that your last chance at winning ends up fucking you up so badly that you need help from the enemies you sought to destroy with it to destroy it
>>
Oh, the Night King touched you. You gotta go. Get out of my tree. The white walkers are gonna be here soon. Go. But wait, don't go. Let's warg back in time to a completely unrelated scene for a while. You have to "become" me or whatever. Oh shit. I forgot you had to leave.

Wat?
>>
>>69927246
Exactly what I was thinking. I think the same thing probably happened to the Mad King. Bran tried to teach the King of Westeros the horrible future in order to warn him and hopefully save lives but it turned him insane instead.
>>
>book raven (crow) is a semi skeletal dude in tattered crow garb fused with the tree itself

>show is some dude sitting on some roots that looks like he could get up for a shit whenever he fancies
>>
>>69931530
'Burn them all' probably refers to the method used to deal with white walkers

cap this
>>
>>69931404
can't ignore something that isn't true.

>>69931513
bloodraven knows the timeline. He knew bran had to be watching that scene in the past so he could fuck up hodor so that he would be able to warg him in the present so that he could literally hold the door to save him (a long with be his surrogate body to get him to the tree in the first place).
>>
>>69931404
I swear to god, if they pull a garrosh-twilight-zone-boogaloo, I'll fucking kill D&D
>>
>>69931549
what I hate is that they can't stay consistent.

>remember how we made the children this way and the raven that way in season 4/5? Fuck that, let's make them this way for season 6.
>>
>>69931493
Why would they even care at this point?

If anything was left of them after the war with the humans now after thousands of years surely their entire culture and people are gone.

Why not just let the snow zombies eat everyone
>>
>>69931513
>you must become me

Raven = Bran
Bran = Raven
>>
Is Bran a newtype?
>>
>>69931651
don't worry, he's not. Old dude is a targ.
>>
HOLD THE DOOR
O
L
D

T
H
E

D
O
O
R
>>
>>69931530
More likely it was the three eyed crow that turned the king mad, Bloodraven is a Targaryen/Blackfyre after all.
>>
Why were bran and holder the same age on the past yet in the present holder is much older?
>>
reminder there is no door in the books at bloodravens location.

hodor being "hold the door" will likely be completely different in the books. hopefully it doesn't include ANY type of fucking time travel.

i'm doubtful though.
>>
>>69931665
Yeah that shit borders on unforgivable. No excuse when your show has millions of dollars backing it.
>>
>>69931709
explanation pls
>>
File: Screams Internally.jpg (755 KB, 2176x2448) Image search: [Google]
Screams Internally.jpg
755 KB, 2176x2448
>>69927057

https://youtu.be/EvzhFcQ0pOA?t=13

That's got to be upsetting.
>>
>>69931596
But that's where time paradoxes fuck things up. Hodor was already Hodor at the time of the episode. Bran could've just warged into present Hodor without going into the past and making him Hodor. It's just a convoluted way of explaining Hodor's Hodoring.

They should have just had Hodor get kicked in the head by a horse or something rather than some unnecessary past warg brain melt.
>>
>>69931692
I dunno, maybe they're not complete pricks?
And they do care for the nature so freezing everything the fuck over would probably hurt some deer.
>>
>>
>>69931935
It's probably mentioned in passing in the irrelevant books
>>
so it's bioshock infinite all over again? time travel shenanigans
>>
Hodor could you please HOLD THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
>>
>>69931935
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Brynden_Rivers

a targ bastard

>>69931947
he wouldn't be able to warg into hodor if he had never turned him into hodor in the past.

but I agree with you, it was a weak plot device, but regardless, it's what we got.
>>
>>69925403
You can't guarantee shit

The books are never coming out
>>
Im bad with time travel shit but if he wasnt an idiot he wouldnt have ever been brans servant in the first place? Also am I supposed to even understand what is going on with those asian green things vs the white walkers? where the fuck did that come from.
>>
>>69931947
bran is obviously going to do some closed loop bullshit deus ex machina that saves everyone from the others

fucking retarded and grrm going that route if this entire plot did come from him just annoys me
>>
File: hodor cums.jpg (434 KB, 1597x903) Image search: [Google]
hodor cums.jpg
434 KB, 1597x903
>>69924013
Bran literally mindfucked him and he got ahegao :3
>>
>>69927057
This made me laugh
>>
>>69931947
But if he had missed that point where he was supposed to turn Hodor into Hodor, wouldn't that be the point where Hodor is no longer Hodor and wouldn't even be there to save him?
>>
>>69925222
The convergence is complete it's official

>we reddit now
>>
>>69932078
reminder: Bran is Brandon Stark, the first stark and builder of the wall
>>
>>69925260

Also having to wipe the paralysed ass of his would be executioner
>>
Hodor was retarded to begin with

So fags need to stop acting like his brain wasn't already fucked
>>
>>69924013

This is what happened: Bran travels back in time as an astral projection. When Meera screams they need Hodor, he somehow magically possess the present Hodor but still remains in the past flashback. For some reason, he manages this by fucking with the past Hodor, which means he can control the future Hodor, but he still isn't actually possessing anyone and is still in the flashback. The past Hodor has a seizure because this shit happening at two points in time fucks his brain. So past Hodor is now retarded, and future Hodor is still possessed but not possessed and is dying to give Bran and Meera a few hundred feet more distance at most.

Welcome to the world of shitty David & D.B. writing.
>>
>>69932127
but hodor is there with them as hodor so that means that ultimately, he did go into the vision and created him. It's all bullshit, just accept it and let it wash over you.
>>
>>69924013
He seen and felt his own death as a child. Probably fucked his brains.
>>
Is Hold the Door order 66 of got universe?
>>
>>69930237

"Ink is dry"

Everything that happened, has to happen :)
>>
>>69931882
Explains why he doesnt wanna just fuck with the past, its too hard to get what you ant done
>>
>>69932136
Upvoted
>>
>>69930937

Ink is dry

You can't change what happened
>>
>>69932319
I vote with my dick
>>
Why didn't Bran go back in time, warg into Ser Ilyn Payne, and use him to kill Joffrey and save his dad?
>>
>>69924013
bran was still warging on hodor while time traveling, so it also affected young willis since bran is a little shit that has more power that what he can actually handle
>>
These fucking hacks are going to goddamn St. Elsewhere this fuckin show aren't they.
>>
>>69929519
bran being able whisper and rustle the leaves is not the same has being able to warg through time and create close time loops.

in the book brans whispering is portrayed as tragic and the ultimate limitation of his power. there is no indication that once he gets more used to using the trees he can warg through time. it's just lazy writing having bran suddenly evolve this power, i hope to god grrm writes in a vastly different manner.
>>
>>69932386
he tried to warg into the mad kings mind trying to tell him he shouldn't burn everyone

we know how it ended
>>
How many doors could a Hodor hold if a Hodor could hold doors
>>
>>69924661
holy fucking shit, does this mean that the theory about Bran being the one who made the Mad King insane might be plausible?
>>
>>69932386
because that didn't happen in the past so he can't change it. All he can do is go back in time and warg joff into killing his dad because that's what happend.

He didn't go back in time and changed it so that hodor became hodor. This would imply that prior to bran going on this vision, willis was a fully functional human. He wasn't. Hodor became hodor that day because of bran. He was and would have always been turned into hodor that day.
>>
Are they North of the Wall? If so, how did they get through it?
>>
>>69931702
Kek'd
>>
>>69932502
plausible? sure. Likely? nah.
>>
>>69932502
Bran could also be God of Light, as he speaks through flames.
>>
File: 1442134917153.jpg (7 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1442134917153.jpg
7 KB, 240x232
Bran is literally Ciri but with mind control on top and D&D are not even subtle about it
>>
>>69932526
spoilers say benjen resuces bran and meera and takes the CB

bran has the mark of the NK on him so this will let the NK destroy the wall and begin the 2nd long night

bravo
>>
>>69931513

/tv/ literally too dumb to understand this but bitch 24/7 about DABID being retarded
>>
>>69932526
don't remember how the show did it, but they were pinned at a tower close the wall one day with people really close to them, and bran warged into hodor for the first time to calm him down. In the books, sam the slayer showed up right on time to let them pass through an underground tunnel.
>>
>>69924554
no GRRM wrote about time travel before and EVERY time was it only councisnes that could travel... just like bran!
>>
>all those autists falling over themselves trying to explain 12 Monkeys-style time travel
It's literally the only kind of time travel that doesn't run into paradoxes, y'all just clinging to flawed metaphysical conceptions of agency.
>>
File: Hodor.jpg (77 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
Hodor.jpg
77 KB, 1280x718
It was Meera who screamed "Hold the door!". Brann didn't command Hodor (pic related, Hodor's eyes are black), but he accidentally delivered that screaming to the past and it fucked little Hodor's mind.
>>
>>69927084
The pic fits. The soldiers exterior and expertise is tired and of someone who came upon a demoralizing discovery.

Why so upset? You a jew or smth?
>>
>>69924376
>Bran was in his head
Bran was looking onto a scene of his father
>they were both hearing things
Bran was hearing Meera cry for help. One of those cries was for Hodor. In doing so Bran mistakingly looks over and makes direct contact with past Hodor sending him into a seizure with only one demand. Hold the door.
>>
Who has the biggest living peen in GoT now that HTD is ded?
>>
So what do you guys think about the theory that Bran will drive the Mad King mad in the past?
>Burn them all
I can't imagine why he would do that, unless it's just to close a time loop or some bullshit. Would be kinda traumatizing for Bran to see his uncle and grandpa killed by Aerys.
>>
>>69932606
Oh I understand it. Doesn't mean it isn't dumb.
>>
Okay you idiots the white walker guy saw him why? you ask?
the old man in tree was not protecting him
or making him invisible
so when old man in tree died
hodor could see him and saw his own death n shiet
>>
>>69932654
i just realized this is very similar to martins sveaborg short story which combined a post-apocalyptic future with consciousness time-travel to a semi-well known historical event

i still dont think it belongs in asoiaf though
>>
>>69924013
It has been established in previous episodes that he is actually traveling through time and not just seeing the events that happened. Normally he can't be seen, but his dad saw him at one point and obviously the whitewalker saw him too.
>>
>>69932999
nah. I'll just accept it as the night's king being a magical being that can into visions.
>>
>>69933034
>but his dad saw him at one point
you mean heard him.
>>
>>69932639
If I recall correctly that is similar to how the show did it.
>>
ok so bran was in the past part of 3 eyed ravens warg. He hears meera asking him to warg into hodor to help them with the thralls and ww's.

what i do not get from this is can Bran communicate with people in the past, was he warged into hodor in the cave or was that hodor acting by himself, how did hordor hear meera and get that seizure?
>>
Lmao, people talking about this piece of shit show/books for 24 hours now. It's not worth it.
>>
can someone explain what the ww king wants with bran
>>
>>69933102
right, whatever
>>
>>69931404

>The man in the tree with no tree. Is this a legendary savior of Westeros, who comes before us, or the answer to a child's riddle?
>>
>>69927744
Exactly. I'm glad people have noticed this. In fact, I think Hodor actually regained his full intellect for those final full moments. He was Willis again right before he died.
>>
>>69933049
This is what I believe. Night's king is made out of the same shit magic shit that Bran is using to travel into the past.
>>
>>69933184
sexe time
>>
>>69933184
He wants to kill Bran before he rebuilds the wall. Cus he knows once he invades Westeros he will be defeated and the wall will be built. To prevent this he needs to kill Bran
>>
>>69933125
he was warged into the hodor in the cave. He has exhibited SOME influence through his visions.

A lot of things could have happened to fry hodor. The bloodraven, who was guiding bran, was just killed. If he had a leash on bran, it was gone now. Bran was also stressing out because he knew shit was going down. He could have accidentally connected with vision hodor. So think about that. Vision hodor is experience bran warging into cave hodor, and cave hodor is experience the wights attacking him. He literally got fried from all that.
>>
>>69933306
>bran the builder

if this happens I'm out
>>
>>69933184
bran will have the power to stop him.
>>
>>69927858
underated post
>>
>>69933125
>can Bran communicate with people in the past
I think so, but he needs more training.
>was he warged into hodor in the cave or was that hodor acting by himself
First he warged but later Hodor hold the door by himself
>how did hordor hear meera and get that seizure
Bran delivered it accidentally

Just my opinion senpai
>>
>>69933358
It will be the end lmao, we will all be out lmao special kid lmao
>>
reminder that this will be in the books
>>
>>69933243
How beautiful. He was able to understand with perfect clarity that he had been a retard his whole life because of time fuckery and then he was torn apart by zombies.
>>
>>69924013
George has always stated the ending is bitter sweet.

Is the ending going to be the white walkers conquering Westeros and Bran, as a last ditch effort, re-setting the past?

pls no
>>
File: j.png (202 KB, 385x333) Image search: [Google]
j.png
202 KB, 385x333
Where in time was Bran when he saw the WW's outside the tree?
>>
Did anyone else cry like bitch? I was pretty shook up about summer and when the tragedy with hodor struck i was in pieces.
>>
>>69932479
underrated
>>
>>69933125
>He hears meera asking him to warg into hodor

No. Bran hears Meera calling for help from Hodor in the cave. Hes sitting there crying because hes afraid. When Bran hears "Hodor" he in his past vision looks directly at young Hodor and makes contact and fucks his brain up as they are now linked and can only hear Meera scream for help. Bran could have done this to anyobdy and fucked them up but it just so happens Hodor is with them now...fucking pottery. And now some miraculous event from Hodors childhood is perceived as his destiny
>>
>>69931256
This is the "really into ww2" autism phenotype.
>>
>>69933433
present. Or it could have just been a dream.
>>
>>69927858
4/5
>>
>>69933416
Maybe he had already seen that vision of the future during his seizure. Maybe he knew his destiny, and made a sacrifice like a true hero. I like to think he had some agency in the matter. He's a hero in my book.
>>
>>69933433
Probably in the present, if it was in the past he would probably have showed up sooner.
>>
>>69927858
top kek, underrated
>>
>>69933470
cry, no. I was angered by summer's cheap death that the rest just came off as retarded.
>>
>>69933306
But the wold is already built
It is fucking there reeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>69933517
Looking at his face in his last moments you can tell he is doing it by himself.
>>
>>69933433
the present

the NK was projecting a vision of himself and his army once he realized bran was warging alone

he was apparently waiting close by the whole time for bran to make that mistake
>>
>>69933419
>Hodor returns as a giant white
>holds back the wall while chanting HOLD THE DOOR
>bran winks at the camera
>tyrion comes in and says "thats why i do. i hold doors and i know things"
>ned bursts out of the ground
>Cersei screams "Take him!"
>ramsay pops in with 20 good men and flings sausages at Hodor, whose mouth is now full so it sounds like he's saying "Hodor"
>Arya comes in yelling about oysters, clams and cockles, to which Ramsay replies, "cocks? you hear that reek?"
>>
>>69933581
I thought the same. He didn't look like a stupified warged golem. His eyes were clear, and he look like a man trying his hardest.
>>
>>69933539
I completely understood that.
I probably accepted it sooner than most since I have experience with guard dogs, and dogs behaviour in general.
>>
>>69927057
>Regains his mind just as he dies horribly
Is there any evidence of that?
>>
>>69930266
The point is...
>these things happen
when you are playing the game of thrones.

Wars don't give a shit who is right or wrong, this is how history has been. And Bran must know dis shit if he is to become
>Bran the Broken, of House Stark and Tully, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm

This video gets it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pKMV6e5kEo
>>
>>69933470
I choked a bit as the undead tore Hodor apart but they cut to his seizure induced yelling so fast, it made me laugh instead.
>>
Man, why the fuck did Doggo die like that? Worst fucking death ever. And Leaf's death too. Bitch, you took out maybe 4 extra skeletons and saved 3 seconds with your suicide bomb. Could've just tossed the nade.

FUARK.
>>
>>69933664
Just look at the scene. That is a face of a struggling man and his eyes were clear.
Bran was distracted by past hodor at that moment, releasing hodor.
>>
>>69932077
The "Asian green things" created the night king. Maybe he's still pissed at them for what they did to him.
>>
>>69933664
Yeah, he keeps mumbling "Hodor" while he's holding the door. If that's not evidence that he was back to normal, I don't know what is.
>>
>>69933358
If they do this they're literally copying how Sam was the builder of the Wall in the Garth Nix Abhorsen Trilogy.

Fuck they should make a trilogy out of those.
>>
>>69933328
thats what i thought. i think he meant to warg into present hodor but accidentally warged into past hodor and fucked up his brain
>>
>Euron's english accent

Good job
>>
>>69932920
DONT BURN THEM ALL
DONT BURN THEM ALL
NT BURN THEM ALL
T BURN THEM ALL
BURN THEM ALL
>>
>>69933852
B R A V O D A V I D D A N
>>
>>69933852
I want this to happen
>>
>>69933760
His brain was still fucked form the seizure like it was his whole life, but he was acting on his own accord (not warged).
>>
>>69933788
god fucking damn it. he wasnt meant to warg into anyone. Brann was already in his past vision when the invasion starts. When he hears Meera call for Hodor he ON INSTINCT looks at Hodor.

Its like if your at a party and someone says "hey wheres Kathy?" and you look to where Kathy is and tell the person shes right there. Once he heard his name he reactively looked at him. Thats when he fucked his brain up. It wasnt intentional.
>>
The White Walkers are not intent on conquering Westeros, they just want to get to the God's Eye near the Crownlands so they can undo the curse the Children of the Forest put on them.
Screencap this, you know it to be true.
>>
>>69934030
oh shit
>>
>>69934030
That would be a better way the end it all than to just have dragons flame broil the undead army. Lifting the curse would be closure.
>>
>there still isn't a shoop of Tony/Bran yelling "Can you please hold the dooooooooooooooooooor"

embarassed desu
>>
>>69930606
hahahah shared to my fb feed :^)
>>
>>69934030
nah man, it wasn't a lake where they turned Brandon of the bloody blade into the first walker. And the wight army was in the same place where the ritual took place in brans vision
>>
>>69933852
NICE CATCH
>>
>>69927858
underrated
>>
>>69934126
I'm still hoping for the unexpected, trope-deconstructing ending that would fit the series, but I'm afraid we're getting a good vs. evil ending.
>>
>>69934256
I'm hoping D&D's glee for fucking with audience expectations trumps their hackish storytelling sensibilities.
>>
>>69930445
Oh god this is just retarded enough for d and d to actually do
>>
>>69934197
Wew lad, be careful not to cut yourself on that irony.
>>
File: ballsqid.png (972 KB, 1580x674) Image search: [Google]
ballsqid.png
972 KB, 1580x674
>>69924013

Bran went back in hodors past as spirit/ghost.
He opened a portal of some kind, he was connected to hodor, his memories and past

The girl screaming ''hold the door'' somehow slipped into the wormhole/ the connection and into hodors younger self which caused a paradox and made him seizure. It was so strong it rewrote his whole brain that made him into a retard.
This is the answer to why he only could speak ''Hodor''
Even if bran hadnt caused it snd hodor never become Hodor, hodor would probably still sacrifice his life to save them. But then again hodors could had grown up an become a soldier.
So you can say it was ment to happen, it was his fate
>>
When the White Walkers and wights broke in to the tree. Hodor was just sitting there and crying. I don't think he was just scared. I think he realized at that moment that his childhood's vision of him dying was actually real. And this was the moment he was going to die.
>>
why is this hard to understand? It's literally the hacky TIME PARADOX from every sci-fi/fantasy movie ever.
>>
Hodor himself is a Warg. Bran forced Past Hodor to Warg into present Hodor and made him hold the door.

Bran from even further in the future is the lord of light using his powers to communicate with others in the past through the fire (since white walkers can't use or manipulate fire magic) and manipulate them in order to gather armies from across Westeros toward the north to fight the white walkers. This is also why in this episode the new fire priestess in Mereen made a point to mention and emphasize the important of the voice from the fire and what it said.>lord of light misleads Stannis into believing he is the one true king
>lord of light leads Stannis north to stop the wildlings and the nights watch from killing one another which leads to an alliance and a massive army loyal to... Jon Snow
>Lord of light leads Stannis to his death when he decides to attack and try to conquer Winterfell while he's in the north.
>Sansa just so happened to be IN Winterfell when Stannis attacked.
>Jon gets stabbed to death. Lord of Light resurrects him
>Lord of Light tells fire priestess tha Jon Snow is the REAL king and he is precious and must be protected
>Jon and Sansa leave to gather an even larger army to the north
>Lord of Light apparently spoke to the bald guy (can never remember his name) when he was a child and told him his purpose was to bring Khaleesi and her dragons to Westeros.
Literally every motivation the lord of light has had to do everything he's done points straight back to Bran Stark trying to amass an army to the north and protect his family.
Bran whispered to the Mad King
>Burn them all! Burn them all! Burn them all!
>>
File: Capture.png (494 KB, 1265x507) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
494 KB, 1265x507
>>69934387
im not being ironic.. im being post-ironic :^)
>>
>>69933416

He found out that he trolled himself and his whole life he was merly pretending to be a retard

so he proably killed himself out of shame
>>
>>69934207
How do you know that the guy was http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Brandon_of_the_Bloody_Blade
>>
>>69930266
>That's like trying to explain to a general in the middle of the The First World War not to use cavalry ("It always worked, so why not?"). Or to a general in the middle of The Second World War not to create the atomic bomb ("We are desperate, you can build this thing? Do it!").

The Children Of the Forest were desperate and didn't know what they were doing.
>>
>>69934551
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_GruNNmbKM&ab_channel=TheDankMemester
>>
I assume it's something like

>bran enters past
>wargs into hodor on meera's command
>three eyed raven tells young bran to listen to his friend
>three eyed raven is old bran teaching young bran to warg while in the past
>young hodor warged into by bran becoming a permawarg telling him to hold the door in the present
>timeloop complete as old hodor commanded in the past by present bran fulfills the command that was placed in the past
>bran now has the ability to warg into people in the past so he can decide the future

Something tells me this will have been done a lot better and more indepth in the novels, so I'm looking forward to GRRM's explanation but I believe it was part of expanding young bran's abilities to warg into people in the past so he could keep them on standby for the future (ie present)
>>
>>69933517

At the very least he is an hero
>>
>>69934501
But why would Bran need to do all of that if everything has already been said and done?
>>
>>69934611
oops
>>
>>69934741
Casual time loop
>>
>>69934611
oops, just forget it.
>>
>>69934797
>casual
Just a chill-ass time loop. Not like those uptight professional time loops.
>>
File: mind.gif (494 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
mind.gif
494 KB, 200x200
>Hodor knew all along

Mind=blown
>>
>>69934797
Not how, why?
>>
>>69934888
Because he all ready did in the past

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causal_loop

You cant actually change the past. Anything that Bran "changes" was all ready changed by himself.
>>
File: Red Letter Media_Header.png (241 KB, 622x336) Image search: [Google]
Red Letter Media_Header.png
241 KB, 622x336
>>69924013
Why was there even a door in the cave?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.