[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doctor Who General - /who/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: Abandon Thread.webm (349 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
Abandon Thread.webm
349 KB, 1000x576
Capaldi is Based Edition.

About to regenerate: >>63148795
>>
get a load of these plebs
>>
Douglas Adams
>>
File: 063-peter-cushing-theredlist.jpg (617 KB, 1440x1800) Image search: [Google]
063-peter-cushing-theredlist.jpg
617 KB, 1440x1800
The First Doctor merged with Dr Who to create a Time-Lord-human hybrid.

The Second Doctor covered it up by lying about why he left Gallifrey, and by hiding all the evidence during Season 6B.
>>
File: heaven sent castle.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
heaven sent castle.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone have any idea where this shot was filmed? I can make out the words I can make out "ROBERTYS C--SYL COM GLO" above the fireplace, with a couple of unreadable letters in the second word. Is there a Robert's Castle or something in Wales?
>>
File: 10 Doctor Mad 2.jpg (311 KB, 882x1044) Image search: [Google]
10 Doctor Mad 2.jpg
311 KB, 882x1044
If Ashilldurr is the Hybird and not Doc I will be so fookin' mad, m8.
>>
File: Cardiff_Castle_-_Bankettsaal_2.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1712) Image search: [Google]
Cardiff_Castle_-_Bankettsaal_2.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1712
>>63152237
Nvm, that was easy.
>>
>>63152228
A perfect example of why I havent been back to GB in 5 years.

Cheers, Jon Blumpkin
>>
>ywn play an escape the room style Doctor Who game
>>
>>63152228
>that avatar
>>
Reminder that the Hybrid is the Doctor and Clara.
>>
>>
get a load of this pleb
>>
File: based Moff.jpg (2 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
based Moff.jpg
2 MB, 3456x2304
Remider:

Moffat's a madman ad he'll make Clara a Timelord therefore regenerating i the next episode as seen in the trailer. Also don't forget that Ashildr's the Hybrid.

>yfw Jenna’s leaving but Clara isn’t
>>
>>63152286
>63152286
They're going to fuck?
>>
File: Abzorbaloff orgasm.png (1 MB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
Abzorbaloff orgasm.png
1 MB, 1280x719
>>63152290
>>
>>63152302
god they think they're so fucking sophisticated and "whimsical"
>>
>>63152261

Indeed.

Just assume everything in Who is shot in Wales, extrapolate from there.
>>
>>63152229

I think there was a fan-made text adventure like this. I'm pretty sure it was called The _ Doctors (however many there were when it was developed).

I'm not sure if anything changed depending on which Doctor you were, but it would be a nice touch if it did.
>>
>>63152302
>asking for shit, mediocre reiterations of stuff the show was doing forty years ago
What a staggering fucking idiot.
>>
>>63152309
They're going to fuck Gallifrey's shit up.
>>
>>63152306
I'm preparing some postage labels for a next day delivery of a shit in a box as I type

Who do I sent them too?
>>
>>63152302
I agree a little, but there's no reason we can't have both.
>>
>>63152261
Thanks for doing the work for me.

Man, this thing doesn't look half as good in real life.
>>
Reminder that the Doctor who finally escaped isn't really the Doctor, but the 999 billionth clone of the true Doctor, who was the first skull at the bottom of the water.
>>
>>63152355
Just send them to Ian Levine. Make sure you write "!! RARE LOST EPISODES !!" in marker on the front.
>>
>>63152302
the lake and Zygon stories more traditional stories, whats up with this faggot?
>>
>>63152365

It's the lighting. It's far moodier in Doctor Who. When you flood anything with light it looks less good.
>>
>>
>>63152369
Reminder that the Doctor hasn't been the true Doctor since the first Doctor used the Dalek transmat in The Daleks Masterplan.
>>
File: man-man.jpg (210 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
man-man.jpg
210 KB, 2048x1365
>>63148392
>>
>>63152306

Ah crap, that is almost plausible. It would go with all the references to them being a lot like eachother all the time. nononono, thought I was finally free of Clara.
>>
>>63152409
What does this guy have against Emmerdale?

Also by "I have watched Doctor Who since 1963" does he mean he watched the show in 1963, or he's watched the 1963 series onwards?

I'd say he's pretending to be older than he is, but he DID call Emmerdale "Emmerdale Farm"...
>>
>>63152369
Reminder that the real Doctor used his own biodata to generate the first copy of himself, and so on. Reminder that all the clones are continuations of the true Doctor.
>>
>>63152413

Fair point.

I still liked the episode. Even if teleportation is fucked. And really, it's actually a direct cloning machine.
>>
>>63152460
I thought everything within the dial was just make-believe?
>>
>>63152409
>accuses people of being out of touch with reality
>posts on GB
>>
>>63152369
>implying that anything inside the confession dial physically happened
>implying he wasn't in a virtual reality the entire time
Thousands of billions of skulls falling into the water would have broken the closed energy loop ages ago. It was all an elaborate ruse.
>>
>>63152409
>Such an amazing idea to keep the Doctor off screen for the entire episode
>to keep the Doctor off screen for the entire episode
>the Doctor
>off screen
>the entire episode
>>
>>63152501

That's what I'm assuming. If he spent billions of years in there, then that would mean nobody on Gallifrey even remembers trapping him in the first place, as anyone involved in the act would be dead by the time he got out.
>>
>>63152540
The Doctor was the one who got rekt by the Raven in episode 10, right?
>>
>>63152409

The Doctor wasn't off-screen for the whole episode. What's he even talking about?
>>
>>63152588
>>63152540
I think he thinks the 'clones' don't count
>>
>>63152413
this is why I would be fucking scared of teleportation if it was a real thing
How do I know the one appearing on the other side would be me or just a clone with all my memories and I'd just end up dying?
>>
>>63152540
That guy must be in his sixties or older. He probably still thinks the Doctor is Sylvester McCoy or something.
>>
>>63152569

Yeah, the Doctor died in Face the Raven and they kept her off the screen for the whole episode and only showed her face near the end. It was pretty bold to do that to the titular character.
>>
File: Feel.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Feel.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
I want to be able to watch Doctor Who (and other shows) with my family, but they never stop talking during the show, and then they proceed to say "what's happening" or "I don't get it" when they miss something. When I watch the show I get 100% immersed in it and pay attention to everything that might be important, so I can't stand distractions. I hate watching TV alone, but they don't even try to understand how and why I watch TV the way I do.

Does anyone else have to deal with this, or am I just more autistic than I think I am?
>>
>>63152607
Imagine being that guy. Imagine thinking that Capaldi is going to be playing a character who isn't the Doctor from now on, and that that character will regenerate into someone else who isn't the Doctor, and so on, forever.
>>
File: ayylmaodinosaurs.png (682 KB, 853x440) Image search: [Google]
ayylmaodinosaurs.png
682 KB, 853x440
top kek fan film series 3 is the best thing i've ever watched
>>
>>63152609
I forgot what this is called. The transportation paradox or problem, maybe.

It's like the ship of Theseus (or the Doctor's broom).

I guess it doesn't matter so much unless we have souls. Which we definitely don't: life is just a quirk of matter.
>>
>>63152621

My high-functioning girlfriend has the same problem.

I don't get the hate for Heaven Sent, seemed pretty based.
>>
>>63152691
there really isn't any hate
everywhere seems to be pretty positive
i just like looking at the hate posts to see the plebs and stuff
>>
>>
>>63152609

The scariest part is that there would be literally no way to know. Let's say you enter the teleporter and die. Well, your clone doesn't know you died so he assumes he's the original and made it through unscathed. Even if it's not as sinister as someone intentionally killing the original, let's just say scientists make a test run and observe the subject. All they see is one disappears and an identical one appears, so they just have to go by his testimony: "I'm not a copy, the process was painless and I feel fine. All my memories are retained."

But maybe in reality he IS a copy and the original experienced absolutely excruciating pain as he was torn apart for the copy process. But no one would ever know, because not a single person would remember it, because it never happened to the most current version.
>>
>>63152621
I don't get this. It's pretty episodic so usually you could dive into a random episode and without any explanation figure it out. "Okay, that must be his companion. That must be her boyfriend. He must think..." etc.

Yet plebs like your family will happily watch Game of Thrones and The Wire and other programmes where you absolutely NEED to follow the plot and characters and know all about them. Yet a single "huh?" moment in something as simple and generally self-contained as Doctor Who completely throws them?

You should move out.
>>
>>63152549
>implying the confession dial wasn't dumped in the past by simple time travel technology

It was actually kept on Earth the entire time, with the new Gallifrey being hidden in the last spot The Doctor would look for it: Earth's far-flung future.
>>
>>63152540
>>63152588

I think he was more complaining that normally the people on the boards lap everything up (referencing reactions to previous Doctor-lite episodes) but then all of a sudden they hate this for some inexplicable reason.

I'm more weirded out that someone feels the need to announce loudly they're "leaving the board" when they have been a member since 2010 and only posted 55 times. Hardly an integral part of the community.
>>
>>63152621

I'm the same. But then, reckon I'm a little odd myself.
>>
>>63152609
>>63152742
>you're strolling around when suddenly time skips a second
>everyone else feels it
>scientists of the world confirm that the Earth was completely destroyed, then entirely recreated a second later

How do you feel, /who/?
>>
>>63152540
>>63152588
He's making an autistic joke about how people (who like what he doesn't) would even like an episode of a completely different show, in this case Emmerdale, if it was renamed Doctor Who.

Notably he fails to muster any remark about the actual episode.
>>
>>63152609
This is why only people who believe in souls should be okay with teleportation. Without a soul it's certain that you're dying and a perfect copy is taking your place. If you believe in souls you can at least trust in whoever is the arbiter of souls to fix things and make sure your soul ends up in the new clone body, so as to not unleash soul-less monstrosities on the world.
>>
>>63152680

I take it you have never seen someone die? You can practically see and feel the soul leaving. Even seconds after death, the corpses I have seen have seemed pretty clearly empty premises.
>>
>>63152691
>I don't get the hate for Heaven Sent, seemed pretty based.
I don't get it either. It was one of the most brilliantly written episodes of Doctor Who yet, and it made complete sense to me. Hell, I even guessed he was in the confession dial half way through the episode.

>>63152764
>You should move out.
Nah, I love my family. It's just disappointing to me that I can't watch TV with them without getting angry at least once. At least when we go to the theaters they stay quiet, but that's just common courtesy.
>>
Hey boys. Make sure to check out my new film. You'll love it.
>>
>>63152817
If I felt it, it means that I'm the end result of that recreation, and not the original me who was destroyed, so I would probably be okay
>>
>>63152817
I'd call bullshit, because there's no way scientists could confirm something like that.

Denial.
>>
>>63152511

I was half expecting it to end with all of the Doctor's skulls filling up the ocean and he walked to safety across a bridge of his own skulls.
>>
>>63152872
What ruffles my feathers the most is that they stylized the "and" as "+".

I don't know why. Maybe because it doesn't suit the whole classic aesthetic the mash-up is playing off. And let's face, the title/cover is the whole gimmick.
>>
File: Paul McGann on suicide watch.png (497 KB, 414x529) Image search: [Google]
Paul McGann on suicide watch.png
497 KB, 414x529
>>63152872
Jesus fucking Christ, Matt, even Paul McGann himself feels sorry for you.
>>
>>63152782

>yfw the Doctor was actually in the dial for 5 billion years
>yfw Earth was destroyed in the year 5 billion as witnessed by the Doctor and Rose, and it is now the year 5,000,002,015
>yfw Gallifrey took its place and the Doctor wonders why he never thought to look there
>>
>>63152540
>>63152569
>>63152607
>>63152614
>>63152788
>autism

He's talking about the Doctor being offscreen if he were to take an episode of Emmerdale Farm and renamed it Doctor Who
>>
>>63152872
>that non-period clothing

What's the fucking point of putting zombies in a period drama if you're also going to remove the period piece clothing and the way the characters would act?
>>
>>63152872
>>63152956

It's probably not even going to be like the book, where it's the entire original story interspersed with paragraphs and chapters involving zombies for no reason. I guarantee they'll re-work it to just be a straight zombie movie featuring Pride and Prejudice characters and it will be retarded. What it should actually be is a complete adaptation of Pride and Prejudice done in a period film style interspersed with zombie movie scenes, but that would be too experimental for hollywood.
>>
File: le hybrid.jpg (30 KB, 379x296) Image search: [Google]
le hybrid.jpg
30 KB, 379x296
>You've got the prophesy wrong. The Hybrid is not half-Dalek. Nothing is half-Dalek. The Daleks would never allow that.
>>
>literally making im half human on my mothers side canon

I SWEAR TO GOD MOFFAT IF YOU PULL THIS SHIT I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD
>>
>>63153116
Congratulations for forgetting everything else about the Cult of Skaro sub-plot
I know it wasn't great, but come on
>>
>>63153116
not canon
>>
>>63153116
>implying that episode is canon
>>
>>63152721
matt who? smith?
>>
>>63153116
Okay, but why did you post a blank picture?
>>
>>63153134
He'll do that and more. The next oldest question in the universe, being broadcast from beginning to end

CLARA WHO?

CLARA WHO?

CLARA WHO?
>>
>>63153134
It's been canon for nearly two decades now m8.
>>
Did the first Doctor do the 'cloning' naked? Because someone left an outfit drying by the fire, every time.

He saw the TARDIS on the other side, how was he to know there was a glowy portal the other side that would destroy the creepy construct? If, believing the TARDIS was on the other side, he wanted to get passed the wall, wouldn't it have been smarter to find a way to 'kill' the creeper, and then find a way around the obstacle?

Ah, screw it, it's a Doctor Who episode. Turn off brain and enjoy. The usual protocol.
>>
>>63153190
>the american made TV movie
>canon
>>
File: alchemy.png (386 KB, 678x582) Image search: [Google]
alchemy.png
386 KB, 678x582
>>63153185
>>
Would you even be pissed if the Doctor was half-human? It makes a lot of sense, and it doesn't make him any less mysterious or special or whatever. I'm more pissed when they just tell us he's special without anything to back it up.

Most Time Lords are complete arseholes. A half-human Doctor at least makes sense as a whimsical man travelling time and space to save people, instead of just chilling in the Citadel arguing and being racist.
>>
File: VELVET IS IN THE HOUSE.webm (2 MB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
VELVET IS IN THE HOUSE.webm
2 MB, 1000x576
>>63153192
there's footage of capaldi naked on moffats harddrive obviously
>>
>>63153192
Didn't the diamond wall say "home" when he first saw it? Some part of the puzzle or perhaps sent by the TARDIS.
>>
File: 1431710959165.jpg (16 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1431710959165.jpg
16 KB, 447x444
But how did the original, uncloned Doctor experience the castle? There weren't any clues laid out for him, since he was the first one there.
>>
>>63153192
>Did the first Doctor do the 'cloning' naked? Because someone left an outfit drying by the fire, every time.

Maybe he just stripped down to his undies, since there were none there.

But yeah, dripping wet clothes, nice warm fire, no one around? Makes sense to get naked, dry off a bit, then wander around.
>>
>>63152621
I'm the same way. You might have the autisms. I mitigate it by watching it alone first, so I can explain things if need be and that way I can focus a little more on the social side of watching with someone. Kind of a compartmentalization.
>>
>>63152860
>You can practically see and feel the soul leaving
hahahaha

No you can't, that's your interpretation of what's happening. The only reason you get a strange feeling when you see someone die is because you just fucking saw someone die.
>>
>>63153259
>him being the hybrid prophesied to kill trillions and stand in the ruins of Gallifrey
>not making him more special

No. Although if he is and Moffat doesn't have him go against his destiny and say it's because he's "the man who never would", he'd be missing a big opportunity
>>
>>63153140
>>63153166
Why would it not be canon? It's not like a fucking fan made it and uploaded it to youtube.
>>
>>63153365
The clues were put their by the time lords, it was a puzzle to see if he was the real doctor.
>>
>>63153192
>>63153312
He thought of the tardis as home.
>>
>>63153116
Pretty sure the Daleks executed that guy before he could do anything.
>>
>wall 20 times harder than diamond or something like that
>implying anyone let along an old man could punch through a diamond wall no matter how long they tried
>>
>>63153397
>"the man who never would",
F-
that was a poop ep
>>
>>63153408
you sure about that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0olOukDeM4&ab_channel=TheBBCStore
>>
>>63153425
The fact that the Daleks didn't approve of him doesn't mitigate the fact that he was a half-Dalek hybrid, and that half-Dalek hybrids are therefore entirely possible.
>>
>>63153453
>the uploader has not made this video available in your country

I AM FUCKING BRITISH, FUCK YOU BBKEKS
>>
>>63153371
Oh yeah, I always watch alone first, that way there's no way the "experience" gets ruined. If I have the autisms at least I'm good at hiding it irl.
>>
>>63153422
>implying the Time Lords would know about the Doctor's innermost fears

The Doctor did it himself.
>>
>>63153442
each doctor would need to erode .6 microns of the shit before they died.
>>
>>63153382

If you say so. I'm comfortable with my mortality.
>>
>>63153259
>Would you even be pissed if the Doctor was half-human? It makes a lot of sense
My only problem with it is that it potentially places too much specialness on humans. "Well of COURSE the Doctor is all good and nice and shit, he has HUMAN DNA!" It reads stupidly in a show that's supposed to be about the beauty of life across the universe or something.
And surely we're supposed to like that the Doctor can have so much compassion despite being so utterly alien.
>>
Dr. Who is stupid and you should feel stupid for liking it.
>>
>>63153466
Yeah but they're not the sort of thing that stick around long enough to have prophecies written about them.
>>
>>63153535
Can't argue with that, whatever helps you sleep at night i suppose.
>>
>>63152306
Clala regens into Melody Pond.
Clara is River in Christmas special.
>>
>>63153535
>I'm comfortable with my mortality

This holds no relevance to feeling something when being near a dying person. If you don't feel anything when people die around you simply because you're okay with dying yourself then you're fucked up.
>>
>>63153259
TBQH I never had a problem with him being half human. It was the super time lord number one bullshit of the NAs and NuWho that I hated.
>>
are dinosaurs even real?
>>
>>63152306
pls someone make this pic into a smartphone-size wallpaper
>>
>>63152306
Watch, he'll make Ohila one of Claras fragments.
>>
>>63153628
No, G_d stuck those fossils there to test our faith.
>>
>>63153442
>what is erosion
Each doctor spent about a week there over 2 billion years, that's about 52 doctors a year
2,000,000,000 * 52 = 104,000,000,000 doctors each chip away at a bit a time.
>>
What did Planet Mondas make of the episode?
>>
>>63153451
But anon, the POTTERY
>>
>>63153670
even then your fist wouldnt even make a small dent
>>
Doctor-Donna is the hybrid calling it now
>>
>>63153134
i've never seen that movie, in fact i've never seen anything but nuwho. but in my head cannon i've always thought the doctor was half human, that explained to me why he always had such a fascination with earth
>>
>>63153736
Nah m8, Alternate Universe 10 is the Hybrid.
>>
>>63153702
The Doctor didn't. One Doctor didn;t even 'chip away' at anything.
104,000,000,000+ Doctors hit it multiple times, what exactly are you struggling with?
>>
File: 189434.jpg (221 KB, 900x627) Image search: [Google]
189434.jpg
221 KB, 900x627
>>63153702
In the same way water wouldn't at first, but water erodes rocks and other mineral over millions and billions of years too
like pic
>>
>>63153745
You should check it out. It's pretty good in spite of being American.
>>
What was the importance of the dirt hole in the ground with chalk arrows point at it?
>>
>>63153702
Fucking electron flow or whatever would do shit just from the contact.
>>
>>63153702
He was literally a force of nature over 2 billion years. Like wind and water sculpting the landscape of a planet. With enough time, anything can be eroded, it's simple science m8
>>
>>63153781
Truly G_d's work is awesome. Where is that place?
>>
>>63153781
That was made from water rushing in during the Great Flood, you idiot.
>>
>>63153792
It gave him the idea to dig in the courtyard.
>>
>>63153670
>a week
Seems closer to 3-4 days. He only saw two nights, and the 1.5 to crawl to the teleporter.
>>
>>63153792
Yeah, what the fuck was that? I thought the thing he dug up was meant to slot into it or something.
>>
>>63153616
>you're fucked up.
No question, but that also has no relevance, as what I'm talking about isn't emotion. You can physically feel a life extinguish, the lack of their presence, after a person dies. That last gasp, it's not like it is on TV. It's like something unseen leaves.

No point in me arguing it. Really, as subjective to me (though I will note it's not a personal eccentricity, it's a widely known phenomina/held belief), all I can do is note what I feel I have experienced.

I just don't believe that science has proved that life is a 'quirk', and that the soul doesn't exist. Science can within reason tell you how. But science has never been good a why, or at answering questions we can't yet even ask. To disprove something as ethereal as a soul/spirit, you would need to first need to identify it. It's practically an paradox.
>>
>>63153559
If one was powerful enough to escape the Daleks and wreck some serious shit, they could be.
>>
>>63153670

He was there for well over 2 billion years. We saw more montage after he said that so its implied he's been there for even longer but less than 3 billion.
>>
>>63153673
Was good
>>
>this series the doctor is the hybred
>next he is also the vanguard

This will happen
>>
This episode made me see the Doctor as a badass more than any flashy speeches or mean mugging while acting like some cosmic god of judgement.
>>
>>63153862
>It's like something unseen leaves.
Well of course if you already believe that your brains gonna fill in the gap.

I'm not insulting your intelligence or even commenting whether or not god is real, i'm stating a fact. This is what your brain does.
>>
>>63153862
>To disprove something as ethereal as a soul/spirit, you would need to first need to identify it. It's practically an paradox.

Or, you know, you just don't go around believing in everything that you can't be explicitly disproved.
>>
>>63153782
actually i think i might, i'm not doing anything today.. i'm going to try and find it. i've also got an episode guide of classic who that i've never got around to using. cheers
>>
>>63153947

learn the difference between gnostic and agnostic. you can't go around believing in the absence of something that can't be proved either.
>>
>>63153847
Wasn't the shovel and the disturbed dirt enough hint for that?
>>
Reminder that Heaven Sent was directed by an American female so that automatically disqualifies it from being GOAT.
>>
>>63153958
Then after you should check out some of McGann's Big Finish plays. He's one of the best Dr Whos ever.
>>
>>63153673
>>
>>63154028
What if anri du toit had directed it?
>>
>>63154028
It was actually directed by matrixlord212
>>
>>63153942

Ah, scientism.

No, nor I you, I just hate that so much dogma (dare I say, theology) has crept into the scientific theory. Half the rhetoric is as much philosophy as it is observance today. We dismiss the supernatural, as we call it, out of hand and simply assume there is a naturalistic explanation before we have it. We have 'faith' that the explanation will fit a certain type of mold, even as science discovers new things, some of which is areas it was wrong.

I think humans being special, and more than a quirk of evolution, is self evident by the fact we are even having this actually rather pleasant and civil conversation.
>>
File: Snowmonster wtf is this shit.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Snowmonster wtf is this shit.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>63154061
Is this real life? Yesterday's episode was more along the lines of classics/Big Finish than your typical NuWho crap.
>>
File: 1448818566913b.jpg (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1448818566913b.jpg
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>63153629
I-is this good enough for you?
>>
>>63153922
Why can't he be both, like a hybrid
>>
>>63153942
>>63154073
jy is beide dose
>>
>>63154073
You're taking the piss aren't you?

I fell right for it lads.
>>
>>63153972
Yep. It goes both ways. Nor does believing something you can by some measure observe (if not test with todays technology) mean you have to believe 'everything' either. Acknowledging that having scientific knowledge and methodology doesn't turn us into omnipotent gods, doesn't make one necessarily superstitious.
>>
File: brilliant.gif (498 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
brilliant.gif
498 KB, 500x290
>>63154138
perfect, thank you!
>>
Wait though if the doctor is half human on his mother's side then who is the doctors father and how did a human get to gallifry?
>>
>>63154273
The hybrid... is Me
Me = Ashildr.
>>
>>63152165
ENDLESS TWELVE
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpAEd17Tdro
>>
>>63154273
Wait, how can the Doctor be even half-anything if he was loomed into existance?
>>
>>63154273
>Doctors father went to earth
>Fucked woman
>Took her to Gallifrey, hid her in a barn
>Doccy is born
>He grows up, goes to the academy. Timelords find out he is half human and not 'pure'.
>His mother and father are killed
>He runs like a refugee, steals a tardis and back to earth, where his mother was from
>>
>>63154174
Nope, having an interesting discussion is all. You don't think believe that many scientists have built a a sort of theology around some of their theories, rather than staying strictly to the scientific method? After all, alongside plain old physicists, we have theoretical physicists.

Where in the scientific method is there room for a branch of study that can generally not be tested?

Or more importantly, if it can't be tested, how can science form an answer? It is not capable of opinion. It's a method of reaching an answer, which it either can, or cannot.

Pompous scientists who moonlight as philosophers? Now they are a different matter.
>>
>>63154318
Then what about Susan?
>>
>yfw the Time Lords make Clara a Time Lady
>yfw she regenerates into a new person
>yfw a Weeping Angel touches her
>but because of Clara splinters presence in the Doctor's entire time stream it sends her back to before the Doctor was ever even born
>yfw the Doctor thinks all is lost
>yfw The Woman reveals that she is Clara, and the Doctor's mother
>>
>>63154354
Oh yeah. let me rewrite:
>Doctors father went to earth
>Fucked woman
>Took her to Gallifrey, hid her in a barn
>Doccy is born
>He grows up, goes to the academy. Timelords find out he is half human and not 'pure'.
>His mother died centuries ago, but his father is killed
>He runs like a refugee, steals a tardis and back to earth with his grand daughter, where his mother was from
>>
>>63154368
MOFFAT!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Wasn't Clara fucked already due to the eye-goop monster shit?

Man that was a terrible episode.
>>
Stop posting the Dalek Hybrid stuff. The Daleks killed the hybrids in that episode.
>>
>>63154401
Who was his wife or son/daughter?
>>
>>63154401
So what about the doctors children? Susan's parents?
>>
>>63154314
Presumably looms require genetic material to start off with.
>>
>>63154401
Wait, so the Doctor married a time-lady and put a baby in her, right? Does that make Susan like, one fourth human?

Also, what happened to Doc's wife? Was she killed along with his dad?
>>
>>63154421
I think it was meant to be a dream lord fabrication but was not expressed very well
>>
>>63154438
>He takes susan because she is the only one left in the family who hasn't been killed by the Time lord eugenics regime against his family

>Now they've killed clara, he is sick of the timelords killing those he loves and goes...Hell bent on revenge.
>>
>>63154485
kek
>>
File: hybrid.jpg (27 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
hybrid.jpg
27 KB, 854x480
This is so unfair on deaf viewers, especially in a series that had a deaf character.

It should say "is Me", otherwise we have no chance of getting the twist.
>>
Am I missing something? Didn't the whole premise revolve around rooms resetting yet 12 didn't reset?
>>
>>63154491
>>63154401
There's only one problemo, friendo

If the Timelords found out the Doctor was human, the Master, his best friend, would of course know that as well.
But, as we see in the clearly canon movie, The Master didn't know and found that out on his own.

The Doctor being half-human is the ultimate secret he had to tell to open the doors to Gallifrey, but he instead chose the long way around.
>>
>>63154526
What?
>>
File: tennant what.gif (475 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
tennant what.gif
475 KB, 500x288
>>63154542
this
>>
>>63154549
Yeah but he did give the confession dial to Missy
>>
>>63154542
You could say that the wall in 12 didn't reset because it was the exit.
The fact that the skull and "BIRD" in the teleporter room didn't reset until the end, well, you got me there
>>
File: wut.jpg (18 KB, 520x250) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
18 KB, 520x250
>>63154526
The fuck?
>>
>>63154542

Every MoffatWho episode relies heavily on plot conveniences and lazy inconsistencies they just hope you won't notice.
>>
>>63154542

The Doctor reset the rooms himself (like with the clothes)
>>
>>63154542
>being surprised that the first part of a two part episode didn't explain everything that happened in the first part
>>
>>63154614
>Every Doctor Who
ftfy
>>
>>63154467
It makes Susan one-eighth human. That's how basic division works, anon.
>>
>>63154606
>The fact that the skull and "BIRD" in the teleporter room didn't reset until the end, well, you got me there

Maybe the tower being in the middle means that he's never normally far enough away from it for the reset-mechanic to kick in?
>>
>>63154634

I honestly think it's been a lot worse since Moffat took the reins.
>>
>>63154614
>>63154678
You spelled RTD wrong
>>
>>63154617
Well that doesn't make sense either because he notices the rooms resetting within the first loop we see, why would he mention it if he was doing it.
>>
Anyone else notice the words on the wall around the time he first sees the creature?
>>
>>63154351
>Carbon copy theological nonsense equals an argument.

Your not defending your view point, you're just trying to force a spotlight in an irrelevant place (e.g trying to discredit the scientific method) and pretending it has something do with your opponents argument.

This always happens with religious/spiritual nuts because they can't actually prove anything.
>>
what's the consensus of Heaven Sent, /who/?

For me it's a 8/10
>>
>>63154705
GOAT
>>
>>63154705
Best of the series for me, great ep.
It doesn't have much rewatch value though
>>
>>63154705
Who consensus was 9.5/10
>>
So when there was that episode where David Tennant is cloned with Donna, and he becomes a half time Lord half human for realises, what's the chances it's the universe the genuine hybrid doctor got stuck in was showed the last few episodes? Because then that explains why he's a hybrid, and also a bit more blood thirsty
>>
>>63154696
He notices it in every loop and everytime he resets he forgets everything he learned during the last loop
>>
>>63154737
I disagree. I rewatched it and still loved it.
>>
>>63154702
Just checked, it's the speech he reads when the episode opens.
>>
>>63154704
*You're not defending

Whoops. While I'm here correcting this i might as well ask, does anyone else think his post counts as a straw-man argument?
>>
>>63152165
why? could not they come up with something else? hitting diamonds with your hand won't do shit no matter how long goes by. the loop could not have stayed the same, also why do some rooms reset while others don't?
>>
>>63154774
This is wrong because he notices that the plant that he was plucking had reformed into a vase in the same loop, it's used as an example of the reset, the fact is he wouldn't be aware of the plant resetting in the same loop unless the dial was mechanically resetting the room
>>
File: BlaineSlitheen.jpg (95 KB, 344x378) Image search: [Google]
BlaineSlitheen.jpg
95 KB, 344x378
>>63152228
>à Slitheen as avatar

This pleases me.
>>
>>63152165
why did not the pool get filed with skulls?
>>
>>63154864
Number one rule of a Moffat episode, don't think about it
>>
>>63154705
6/10
>>
>>63154107
i feel it struck the best balance between what makes both great, it had the intrigue and intelligence of classic (no IT'S LONDON BUT 38401394 YEARS IN THE FUTURE nonsense like RTD always pulled, it had a genuine alien interesting place) but it had the pacing of NuWho but in a good way, instead of like classic where it honestly feels like it drags on like testicles on shards of glass but not breakneck NOW WE'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE MONSTER AGAIN constantly NuWho pulls
>>
>>63154704
Fedora tippers are worse than Isis desu senpai
>>
>>63154695

RTD utilized a lot of lampshading, but episodes during his run were at least internally consistent.
>>
>>63154273
Clara is human and got put there by going into the Doctor's timestream, she got put at the very beginning, his conception

>>63154526
subtitles here said "is Me."
>>
>>63154801
>hitting diamonds with your hand won't do shit no matter how long goes by.

Yes it will. Did you not fucking listen to the Little Shepherd Boy story?

>the loop could not have stayed the same

Why would it not have stayed the same? It's the exact same Doctor. His instincts would be exactly the same, and the set-up of the rooms would also be exactly the same. Chaos theory does not come into play in something like this.
>>
>>63154526
Huh. Didn't thought of that while watching, but It can be Moffat kind of twist.
>>
>>63154705
7/10
>>
>>63154905
Weeaboos are far worse than fedora tippers.
>>
>>63154696
Looms
>>
>>63154864
The ones at the bottom got crushed by the weight of the ones on top, creating more space before the water had time to further erode it all and carry the sand away.
>>
>>63154888
if it does not have a working mechanic then its not badass, its just 1 hour slog so doctor can suck his own dick about how determined he is. also the doctor is dead, I subscribe to a belief that the copys are not the real him + if making time lord copies is that easy why did not they fight in the war? this is dumber than rory the roman
>>
>>63154905
>Anybody agruing againmts religion is a fedora tipper

Yeah just ignore what i said and try discredit me as a neckbeard while browsing a Cantonese stop motion animation website.
>>
>>63154937
I swear to god if moffat pulls some shit like this
>>
>>63154801
Hitting marble with your hand wouldn't either so marble steps never get worn down oh wait...
>>
>>63154937

>Clara is the Doctor's mother
>she appeared in his timestream at the beginning, got impregnated by his dad, and birthed the Doctor
>Clara is the most important person who has ever existed in the universe
>the Doctor says this because he knows without her he wouldn't have even been born
>>
>>63154705
Honestly a 10/10 for me.
>>
>>63154903
Maybe 55 minutes is just the ideal length for a Doctor Who episode.
>>
so did the time lord realize the doctor would never free them, trapped the doctor ,freed themselves by sacrificing earth and took over the universe?
>>
>>63154988
what?
>>
>>63155001
>>63155031
Clara is everyone's mum
>>
>>63155062
What a milf.
>>
tfw that boy at the end is a young master and this is why they are rivals
>>
>>63154938
>Yes it will. Did you not fucking listen to the Little Shepherd Boy story?
Shepherd Boy was full of shit, where is his degree in geology?
>>
>>63155101
>implying the master is a syrian refugee kid
>>
I'm glad Gallifrey returned, but I kinda hoped it will take more time and more story will be behind that. And basically the Doctor didn't found Gallifrey, Gallifrey found him.

But I'm so fucking excited about next episode.
>>
>>63155121
Pl go pol
>>
>>63155062

>Amy Pond recreated the universe from her memory
>Clara Oswald literally gave birth to the universe by going back in time and then created the cracks to make Amy Pond able to recreate it later
>the next companion will be responsible for something even bigger
>every companion will become more and more important to the very existence of reality until the entire show collapses in on itself under the weight of its own pretentiousness and Moffat's hubris
>>
File: 24.jpg (2 MB, 3995x3800) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
2 MB, 3995x3800
>>63155135
don't overhype m8
the less the better
remember its a finale, they always suffer from overhype and disappointment
>>
>>63154997
Lol
Follow the argument chain in this thread
You the fedora tipper resorted to swearing, demeaning your opponents intellect and so on not the person who believes in souls
What's even worse is you are just like Dawkins your prophet - you don't actually offer an argument you just point and jeer
There are many research and theoretical physicists who have turned away from atheism - people who actually understand the science unlike some fat neckbeard like you who probably didn't even get elemrary level qualifications and just watches shitty American documentaries
>>
>>63155154
I miss the times where companions were just secondary characters. In classic who they don't even have names in the opening. It's just the face of the current Doctor, AS IT SHOULD BE.

If another companion will be SOOO FUCKING IMPORTANT i'm gonna be pissed. Doctor needs a buddy like Jaimie, not another stor-arc-driven-female.
>>
>>63155154
>Amy Pond recreated the universe from her memory
She could only do that because the crack happened to appear in the bedroom wall in the house her parents happened to buy. There was nothing special about her. It was pure chance.
>Clara Oswald literally gave birth to the universe
wat
>>
>capaldi is the same age as William Hartnell when he started as the doctor

What of 12 is also 1? What if moffat pulls this?
>>
>>63155062
Clara is Jackie Tyler.
>>
>>63154938
>Why would it not have stayed the same? It's the exact same Doctor. His instincts would be exactly the same, and the set-up of the rooms would also be exactly the same
minor changes. everything would have to stay the same,robot movements,the weather,etc. in 2 billion years he never had a sprained ankle,effect from impact or a different thought. additional space he needed to cover (from the whole in the wall) to get to the chamber did not affect his position or the energy output. if he can bring down the wall with fists who is to say the little losses of energy would not amount to a teleport no longer working
>>
>>63155230
>all finales are disappointing

Not TPO/TBB.
>>
>>63155230
that's like the coolest picture ever
>>
>>63155249
>not another stor-arc-driven-female
Your mask slipped a bit at the end there m8.
>>
>>63155110
>The King said, “The third question is, how many seconds of time are there in eternity.”
>Then said the shepherd boy, “What the fuck kind of bullshit question is that? It's ETERNITY, mate. Piss off."

That's how a real shepherd boy would have answered.
>>
>>63155264
12 is also 2-11
>>
File: hayley-atwell-13.jpg (41 KB, 361x480) Image search: [Google]
hayley-atwell-13.jpg
41 KB, 361x480
>>63152290
If this happens, do you think the femanazis will blame us for objectifying the Doctor since we will all fap to her ?
At least we would be happy to have a female doctor, everyone wins.
>>
>>63154864
>what is physics
the water level rises the more skulls get thrown in the pool
>>
Why can't we have another finale like TPO/TBB? Did Moffat catch lighting in a bottle and can never catch it ever again?
>>
>>63155325
>now think capaldi does look alot like if you mashed the first 11 together

Stop mind fucking me
>>
>>63155154
>every companion will become more and more important to the very existence of reality until the last companion is Moffat himself, shown to be the writer writing the universe into existence while also presiding inside it

Fixed that for you.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.