[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can those of you who have this figure with the "natural"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: messageImage_1451110119400.jpg (173 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
messageImage_1451110119400.jpg
173 KB, 600x600
Can those of you who have this figure with the "natural" color scheme post pics of it? It's the Takeya Jizai Okimono - Gaikotsu, it's his oni skeleton revoltech.

I can only find rust-colored ones here where I am. I've been on the fence for this and I don't intend to get 2 different color scheme for this figure. I saw an anon who posted a photo of his but it's from the back of it, would love to see a shot of it from the front, and not one from the company's photo since I know the paint wash varies from figure to figure.

thanks beforehand, anons
>>
Why not get the rust one, friend? It's gorgeous.
>>
File: bonebooty.jpg (998 KB, 2144x1608) Image search: [Google]
bonebooty.jpg
998 KB, 2144x1608
>>5358924
Color of the joints is kinda crap and don't match the paintjob. It also can have some of the loose joint problems that the Jason and the Argonauts one can have.

But at the end of the day they have tons of personality and are fun as hell to play with. If you want skellys then its a pretty good one as it comes with a lot of options.
>>
>>5358925

I have a soft spot for netsukes (which are made out of ivory or bird bones in real life... so I guess that is bone color anyways) and I've just noticed it does have that nice, yellowing-aged-bone look...

Considering how this one is based off that yokai scroll painting... the netsuke look appeals to me. I am torn on this. I wasn't planning to get this one and just completing the other takeya buddhist revoltechs but seeing it in person, I know I have to get one.

Do you have the rust colored one? Would love to see your pics of it.
>>
>>5358935

thanks anon! hahah they look great, do you have even more pics?
>>
>>5358938
I don't have any pics and I'm at work overnight but I can take some pics tomorrow.

The natural skelly would perfectly capture that print; one of the skulls included seems to be a nearly exact copy from the artwork.
>>
>>5358938

this is the scroll painting I'm talking about, I'm pretty sure Takeya based the sculpt of the regular skeleton head in this set off this. Painting is by Utagawa Kiyoshi, for anyone that's curious. It's pretty cool that I can get poseable fun toys of awesome traditional art by awesome sculptors.
>>
File: spookparade3.jpg (2 MB, 1678x1550) Image search: [Google]
spookparade3.jpg
2 MB, 1678x1550
>>5358942
Not a very good one, but a bit of a comparison between revol skeletons.
>>
File: getalife.jpg (232 KB, 1280x1033) Image search: [Google]
getalife.jpg
232 KB, 1280x1033
>>5358942
>>5358977
>>
>>5358977
>>5358979

thanks a lot anon
>>
I hate being this guy but..
>>5342325
>>5344250
>>
>>5359088
And especially
>>5282723
>>
>>5359088
>>>5344250
>>5359091

don't be, thanks. i noticed the revo thread but it didn't have the pics. i missed the previous one... now i'm back to being torn again to wanting the natural color or the rust colored.

I feel like the natural color didn't turn out as good paintjob wise on production, compared to the rust color scheme which allows for a more heavy handed wash... but this one pic of natural color scheme looks really good... really does feel like a dug up bone.

>>5355664
>>
File: IMG_20151206_044150.jpg (2 MB, 2515x3144) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_044150.jpg
2 MB, 2515x3144
So I have to buy another to do all the suggested poses on the box?

It's kinda cool I can store the spare parts inside the base though.
>>
>>5359304

where are you located at, anon? I'm in Jakarta and can't find a single bone-colored one. After these kind anons posted theirs... I think I want the bone color scheme ver... but am really having trouble finding it.
>>
>>5359434
Not sure if international shipping gets expensive for you but AmiAmi has both Skeletons in Backorder.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-011763

Alternatively you can try Mandarake but I'm not sure how often those pop up.
>>
>>5359434
I pre ordered it either from amiami or hlj don't remember but it's on back-order at the moment. I'm located in the Caribbean. It's a pretty cool figure but it sometimes falls off because the legs are thin and lightweight compared to the upper portion of the body. I'll do a light search to see if I can find something.
>>
http://m.ebay.com/itm/141728042038?_mwBanner=1

This is all I could find.
>>
>>5359904
>>5360345
>>5360349

thanks man, I appreciate it, but the cheaper prices online when they reach this country's corrupt customs means I'll get charged nearly the equivalent of the figure itself. I'll hunt around toy shops around here. I appreciate it, anon.
>>
>>5363050
Damn you mean you can only buy locally? I find that impossible to do here. They sell $40 mazinger figures for $100+

Goose luck with your search anon
>>
>>5358977
Is Jack Skellington any good?
>>
>>5363118

The customs here are ridiculous and also, the postal service is utterly random, either you get your stuff opened and ransacked, poorly put back in + getting charged stupid fees, even with insurance and declaration on it (only been buying from hlj and ami2 since my stay in the US).

physical toy stores do have certain things in stock but don't stock every niche release anymore. Takeya figures used to be a popular thing, as long as it had the SIC or Takeya name, they'd stock it, knowing people would pick it up. With the revoltech however, very few ppl are picking it up, so they don't stock all of color schemes...

I've been hunting for a regular color Ashura and Bishamonten and this skeleton...
>>
>>5363292

He's alright, a bit bare bones tho
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.