[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #584: Pile of Bricks Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>43587865
>>
>>43599863
Eh, better than a Bile of Pricks Edition.
>>
So, what happens to Dark Eldar that you pod or Companion (the Incubi companion from Commoragh, LoT DEldar Companion) once you move on?

Their connection to Slaanesh is either severed or time stopped, but now that their soul isn't leaking out by the ultimate hedonist, would they be a little less sadistic and less likely to go too far? I mean, they'd definitely continue for a while, just because years of habit and conditioning, but they wouldn't literally NEED to act like, well, a DEldar.

Could they be changed? Would they be willing to change?

I guess what I'm saying is 'how do you rehabilitate a Dark Eldar into something that could function in a reasonable universe and society?'
>>
>>43600036

>how do you rehabilitate a Dark Eldar into something that could function in a reasonable universe and society?

By turning them back into a regular eldar
>>
>>43600081
You want to feed them to Slaanesh? That seems... not rehabilatory.
>>
>>43600036
>would they be a little less sadistic and less likely to go too far?
No. That sadism is a product of personality and culture as much as it is necessity. You could wean them as they no longer HAVE to be that way, but it won't go away on its own.
>>
>>43600036
>but they wouldn't literally NEED to act like, well, a DEldar.
They don't actually NEED to act like that anyway; they need to feed to replace the soul drain, but they could always go and do what the Craftworld, Exodite or Harlequins do. They just don't want to, preferring to stick with the lifestyle of the pre-Fall Eldar, who acted like that (only worse, because psykers make everything worse) out of sheer hedonism.
Of course, that might not be a valid option for Random Podborn Dark Eldar on the Streets #Who Can Even Count That, since getting out of the City and somewhere less horrible isn't easy if you don't have resources (though even then, they could join up with the Harlequins when they come through), but for someone like the LoT companion? Totally doable. Even more so for an Incubus, whose entire order may well have been founded by a fallen Phoenix Lord, and who have had fluff examples of reformed ex-members in the past.

You may be able to ease them into a less open monstrousness, since Eldar are nothing if not fond of putting on acts to fool the "lesser races" but actual redemption is not going to be easy at all.
>>
>>43600341
I've seen references to podborn Eldar in both the threads and in the Commorragh jump but I still don't know exactly what it means.

Are the D. Eldar literally just using rapid artificial reproduction to increase and sustain their numbers?
>>
How does Fancy Book Learning work in Great Detective? Is it like a random trivia perk or something?
>>
>>43599057
>>43599063
>>43599124

Yeah, the Hellsing soul binding perk specifies we can later learn to use them for other stuff so why not release those trapped souls?

...Oh my god I am making Meguca companions
>>
Someone a few threads back quoted me when talking about how I wanted to do oWoD jumps, and they mentioned Hunter and Wraith.

I will say that while they are of secondary concern, I would also like to see them, and might be willing to make those jumps in the future too.

Other than that, as far as oWoD lines? There's Changeling: The Dreaming, and does anyone even like that? Lost did the fairy theme way better. I'm honestly asking, though, if any of you liked it.

Kinded of the East, is sorta like vampire but not. I'm not against it or anything, I'd consider it but not until I've done everything else. I'm sure it has some fans here.

Orpheus. Does anyone even remember Orpheus, let alone like it? It's weird, simplified Wraith pretty much.

And that leaves Mummy. I'm actually planning on reading Mummy to see how viable it might be, because I know nothing about it. So no word on that.
>>
>>43600036
>I guess what I'm saying is 'how do you rehabilitate a Dark Eldar into something that could function in a reasonable universe and society?'

Through Vanilla and tender caring
>>
>>43600552
One flaw of quick reply is that sentences and paragraphs look meatier than they do in the post. Sorry about the weird formatting where I could have condensed it better.
>>
File: 8-8.gif (64 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
8-8.gif
64 KB, 640x400
>>43600036
> I guess what I'm saying is 'how do you rehabilitate a Dark Eldar into something that could function in a reasonable universe and society?'

Do it now, lick it good, suck this pussy just like you should.
>>
>>43600552
I'm kind of shocked nobody has done Werewolf yet.
>>
>>43600627
Me too, that's why I've taken it upon myself along with Dark Ages and Fallen.
>>
If you get souls of those you kill through that Hellsing perk, can you create bodies for them and release their souls into said bodies? The perk does say we could, with time, learn to do more with the souls. And while it would be painful to these people, it's better than marrying people you want to be your companions through blue feather+ cheat mode trick
>>
>>43600689
Ask Alucard.
>>
>>43600689
sure, I'd invest in some sort of technique for binding souls though, like the one from Nechronica, since it doesn't say it gives you the ability to put soul back into bodies.
>>
>>43600731
Clone a mindless body with a modified version of the horrocrux spell to put the whole soul inside.
>>
There's also Lord of Light technology for soul-transfer.
>>
>>43600731
>>43600794

Huzzah! Take that you limited amount of stasis pods!

... Wait.

Do people you get with you that way count as companions for purposes of importing them? I assume so ..
>>
>>43600872
Considering they're not obtained "officially" through the options your benefactor gives you for that, I very much doubt it.
>>
File: robe-and-wizerd-hat.png (79 KB, 1292x1028) Image search: [Google]
robe-and-wizerd-hat.png
79 KB, 1292x1028
Sooo jumpers... Besides "wizerd" anon and "bs eyes of hax" anon, what magic would be fun to promote in Fate/? HP is fun for being "too classic" and "easy", But I want to set up a GunnerKrieg supercomputer, go around doing stuff that is obviously high level magecraft and going about how it is perfectly explainable science...hat works on weird energy that reacts to thoughts...

On another question: For max evulz: Whom would you "lend" your copy of the Necronomicon?
>>
>>43600872
You have two different situations here:
Standard 8 import limit, just for example.
a) You have standard 8 companions to import + Pods + X number of resurrectees. You would only be able to import the 8, no other imports for anyone else.

But in the case of unlimited imports
b) Because the act of resurrecting occurs in jump, it's past that "import" phase, and as a consequence, you can only import every one of your living companions, not the dead people.
>>
Bleh. Its taking me longer than I thought. Its still going to be posted tonight though. Just be patient.
>>
If I jump Mass Effect with the Mortar Headd-ACU-LoT, use conversion ray on Reapers, add the indoctrination technology to the LoT, and then reprogram indoctrination to work for me, would the Reapers be indoctrinated?
>>
>>43600977
How are the expanded Worm powers coming along? Like, no pressure, just curious.
>>
>>43600872
No they wouldn't. No matter, just reabsorb the soul and freeze the body a few days pre-jump. Then, after jumping, restore the body and re-insert the soul.

You are basically storing a frozen, non-living corpse in the warehouse. Not a living being as the rules do not allow...
>>
>>43600999
Pretty good actually. I'm just taking it slow to try and keep quality as high as possible. I don't want any rolled power to be a trap or crappy choice.

I'm understandably careful what with how many anons might scream if they don't like the update.
>>
>>43600993
Yes, though you've added several unnecessary steps. The Conversion Ray alone should do the job. Though I guess your method would make it possible to affect multiple Reapers at once. it probably wouldn't be any faster, though, indoctrination takes time and only effects a limited area.
>>
>>43601118
Would this Mortar Headd-ACU-Reaper-LoT be able to drive every organic being to madness by mere sight, Cthulhu-style?
>>
>>43600970
>>43601005

Well, I obviously don't want to break the 8 companion in jump limit. I wanted to know if it is possible to pay to import the ressurectees with a background and if they are affected by the same "Around your own age in jump" rule relating to age of their bodies or at Least how they appear.

Example: I absorbed soul of Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising and kept his body. If the next jump allows me to import a companion into the jump with their own background, is Armstrong one of possible choices?

If I go to any jump that has me be a teenager, do ressurected people also become teenagers?

The important thing is to not abuse this too much as it would cause jump chan to smite us
>>
>>43601151
If it can't, you're doing something very wrong.
>>
Another important question.

If I understand right, stasis pods simply allow a jumper to catch a person in a jump where you can't buy or earn companions, but they don't go beyond right person limit, they are just one of choices. Can you import them, then?

Do podded people get sent back to their world immediately when you desynch the pod from them to put someone else or is there a grace period for rest of jump? Alternatively, what happens if I let them out of pod, absorb their soul THEN dr synchronize the pod and put a resurrectee into the pod? Can they be imported with backgrounds then? Does absorbed previously-podded soul dissappear?
>>
>>43601159
No, because they are a part of you after you absorb them with dark binding, you can't import them anymore then you could import your left pinky.
>>
>>43601223
No, pods go beyond the companion limit. It's eight companions plus whatever pods you have. Whether you can import them or not has never had an official ruling as far as I know, but some people do it. I have no idea on the other questions.
>>
>>43601235
What about pod people?

And if they are part of me, wouldn't they get backgrounds I choose for myself, then?
>>
You can bring companions into a jump, regardless of whether you can import them or not. But they'd be "Drop-ins" without a history, if they just walk in, rather than being imported.

You can import from your 8 companions, and your X Pod People, but not anyone you loophole in around that limit, because those loopholed people are not being put in by Jumpchan.
>>
>>43601307
Arguably, if you put ressurected person in a pod to synchronize them to it... Resetting a pod after absorbing its original occupant...

It wouldn't be game breaking with a limited amount of pod as long as you are required to do this putting into pods and absorbing before end of current jump, without ability to change it until you already make your choices for next one. That, combined with random jumps, kinda makes it fair.

Think about it. If you were to have two strong resurrectees and one pod, as your stay in jump comes to an end, you put in one of them. Then jump ends and you go to next one. Turns out the other ressurectee would be better to import but since He ain't in the pod, you can't do it.

It's gamble. I think jump chan might be amused by that
>>
>>43601159
Let's put it this way, even ignoring the fact that Dark Binding means their souls are kinda melded with yours.

a) The corpse doesn't change age to suit you unlike a live body. In order to transfer it over, you currently need to keep it a corpse, therefore your only chance to ress the corpse with the soul, regardless of how you carry the soul, is after the administrative process is done. In other words, the corpse is unaffected by any of the import mechanics - same with the soul.

b) At the time when you consider import choices, you won't have them as a selection, because they're just a soul - essentially an "item" at this point at best.

c) Speaking as someone who has done medium length chains (200+) with large companion groups (70+), I'd say that the idea of breaking comp limit seems nice at first, but quickly becomes a logistic nightmare.
>>
>>43601272
Pod people cam be imported, but stay pod people, and no, because you gain the power, you gain the background, you gain the points, not them.
>>
>>43601223
You can import pod companions. It has always been the case.
>>
>>43601424
So, as I said, the way to have the ressurectees count for import is to put them in pod before next jump.

It is kinda like the Dark Binding being one's Pokemon PC for people's souls while stasis pods are poke balls. Only people who were in the pods as the jump ends and you make the administrative choices for next one count as proper choices for importing.

That about right?
>>
>>43601419
Won't work
>If you do so the original person will be sent back to their original universe at the point in time where they left with you and at the same age they were when they left.
This is from the rules paste at the top of the page. If you kick someone from a pod, they're gone back to their world.
>>
>>43601512
Even if you absorb them before kicking them from the pod?
>>
>>43601611
presumably they'd be ripped out of you and sent back
>>
>>43601611
Er, yeah. That's what it says, and meta rules like this trump anything else. Like how you can't use monopoly to convert dollars to cp.
>>
>>43601627
Well then. It only leaves the Blue Feather + Cheat Mode abuse but would require convincing some characters of same gender as me, unless I change it, to "marry" me.

I don't like having to use cheat mode for it. If it was to replicate only one item chosen upon taking it, that would be okay but otherwise it is too potent, too easy.

I want to have power or more companions but I want to have to work for it in a complex way, as it deserves some work. This is why I tried to make another method with limitations
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 673x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 673x960
>>43600341
Harlequins don't need a soulstone, and even if Dark Eldar went straight & narrow their soul is already tainted. There was an Incubi that went straight, joined the Striking Scorpions (Which Incubi are literally twisted versions of). He didn't get a soulstone it's something you're born with. From my understanding as soon a baby Eldar is born they have a soulstone waiting for them.

>>43600465
Dark Eldar decided that if they weren't going to do it the old fashion way. Which is smart for a society of starscreams. What happens is Haemonculi (science caste) does artifical insemination, sticks the egg in to a slave's womb. Then cuts it out, sticking the embryo into a pod.

These pods feed off of pain, so they're situated above or below great sources of pain. Torture chambers, gladiator chambers...etc. This fast forwards the development of the embryo, and even skips teaching the basics. It's all done while growing up, and when they're finished they pound on the pod door.

They'll be given a name, handed some rags, as well given a knife. It's sink or swim practically. Either way Dark Eldar look upon these pod born as Halfborn. Trueborn are always nobility, because it shows how awesome your mommy & daddy is that your mommy can give birth to you without getting killed. Then while growing up, you learn a lot more than the skills halfborn learn while in the pod.

You're also loved, something hard to come by in a world of Starscreams. However all it does is turn you into a bigger monster.
>>
Although eventually a lot of background abilities or powers or even perks could be replicated by jumper doing proper application of genetics, magic, cybernetics, etc knowledge, to bodies of ressurected people so 's not like they would be losin much, but still... Hm
>>
>>43601711
It's more likely he didn't get one because Soulstones are incredibly, extremely rare, often requiring raids into the Warp to retrieve. He would be valued less than a Craftworlder child, and they'd be reluctant to trust him with a stone.
>>
File: R-Type Jumpchain WIP.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
R-Type Jumpchain WIP.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Oh, hey.

Sorry for the really slow progress.

I'm posting again because I can't really judge the four backgrounds fairly. I...made some questionable design choices and now I'm worried about balance, but I see all of them in a very good light since I'm making this.

Also afraid of really bad oversights or forgotten pertinent information, since I can't distance myself enough to read through it like someone who knows nothing about the setting.
>>
>>43602123
...why not just stick to a 1/2/4/6 model instead of trying to fit 4 or more models into one jump? You will never have balance this way.
>>
>>43602123
You've done some unusual things with pricing for the perks here. It's interesting, though I'll need to take a longer look at it to say whether I'm for or against it.
>>
>>43602123
Well, firstly the whole 4 different cp models seem pretty insane as a design choice, not sure why you'd pick it. Secondly, I have no idea what half of these perks even do.
>>
>>43601694
I think you understand the heart of the problem: that what you're doing deviates largely from the understood "norm" when it comes to companions. Over time, a lot of things about companions have changed. We've seen more types of companions, more ways to make companions, and more jumps with canon companion options - but at the end of the day, if you seriously want to play with more companions than the "limit", a houseruled chain is probably the way to go.

Are there "methods" that work? Sure, there are some very niche methods, but the thing is, we wouldn't talk about them, because we know that it's a matter with no concrete resolution beyond what is already set in stone. Some things are too firmly ingrained to ever change, and we can accept that - just as people can accept if you want to run houserules on your companions.
>>
>>43601694
You could do what I did. I grabbed 7 pods, then I jumped Futurama to get the time code off fry's frozen ass. I returned there for slice of life, with the Time Travel perk as a purchase to ensure that Time Travel with the time code continues to work.

Slice of Life lets you return to that world for 6 months after every jump you take. As soon as I arrive, I rewind with the Time Code to the moment after I just left for the first time. Call it Year 10, Day 1

So, the first time I show up, let's say I have A, B and C as pod people. at the end of my 6 month stay there, I release A, B and C from their pods and jump a new jump. I come back and rewind to that Year 10, Day 1, with Pod People D, E and F. I release them after 6 months, and jump another jump. Come back with G, H and I.

Slice of Life becomes my stable-temporal-loop storage system. Because I'm clearing the pods at the end of the 6 month loop, and rewinding every time I jump there, my Pod Companions are all hanging out from Year 10 Day 1 to Year 10, Day like... 180. leave a few days margin in there just in case.

So, say I want to take A, D, and H with me out of there into a new jump. I re-pod them, and we go on an adventure. Come back and release them at the end of the 6 month loop.

Sure, you'll open the way for Yivo to molest the world, but that'd happen anyway, you're just helping fate along. and it works out anyway.
>>
>>43602266
See>>43601512
If you release people from a pod they return to their home world
>>
>>43602266
>Sure, you'll open the way for Yivo to molest the world, but that'd happen anyway, you're just helping fate along. and it works out anyway.
Aren't all your companions doomed to die horribly, too? Because if you go backwards to grab someone from before they were released, then that makes the person you took with you a time clone, and those always die in extremely painful fashion.
>>
>>43602309
I thought you could leave them in the current world, like with regular companions. I know some people used them to get people out of a world that sucked for them and leave them in nicer world's.

That would make anon's complicated plan with time travel a bit redundant since you could just swap them out each time you visit. If you are worried about them aging just grab life fruits from Sims.
>>
>>43602309
they do. but not retroactively. They aren't ripped out of where they've already been. Your pods are clear by the time you depart the window, but those people are still there in that window of time you travel back to.

>>43602337
Maybe, I could make an argument that the clone demise is caused by overlapping entries for a person in the world, and since you're taking them out of there, there's no overlap, but it's moot because either way companions and pod people respawn when they die.
>>
>>43602406
Then you'd still need to have open pods because they should still be active companions, meaning you're plan couldn't work because you wouldn't have the available pods.
>>
>>43601711
>Harlequins don't need a soulstone
That's why it was "or" not "and".
As for the soul taint, all Eldar are tainted, that's why the Craftworlders have the path and the Harlequins have their trials. As for Bechareth, he wasn't dead of the drain, so he obviously had some way to manage it. He'd probably have been better served with a path less likely to get him killed without a stone, but that's Eldar for you.
Also
>>43601859
this. Maybe he was trying to earn a stone. I seriously doubt any Eldar would willingly choose to just take a life course that inevitably led to She Who Thirsts, or that other Eldar would ask them to.
>>
>>43602406
Well, if they respawn then the Doom Coefficient won't be resolved and they'll just die again. You've doomed your companions to an endless loop of horrific death and rebirth. And you say these people are your friends?
>>
>>43602415
Their existence in the loop from Day 1 to Day 180 is already fact. They legitimately had pods while they were there, from their perspective.

Actually, you don't even need to keep them in the SAME loop if you don't need them to meet. You could have A, B and C in Loop 1, from 1 to 180, D,E and F in Loop 2 from 181-361. G, H and I in loop 3, and then just travel back yourself as necessary to pick them back up again. no double occupancy.
>>
>>43602156
>>43602165
>>43602191
...Yeah, I was kind of expecting these responses.

Unless a bunch of people all decide to post saying they think it's good before I can actually go back to writing, I'll give all origins the 1/2/4/6 scheme and cut out the purple prose. It felt half-assed without fluff but I guess that's just how a WIP is going to look like.
>>
>>43602499
Again, they would be active companions at that point in time. You suddenly appear and don't have the pods mean they are not active companions and do not have pods allowing them to exist, meaning they'd wink out and go back to their worlds because their existence in the jump is dependent on having an open pod.
>>
>>43602477
By the time they die, they won't be in the futurama world and futurama time physics won't apply to them any longer.
>>
>>43602123
Is that three Drop In origins, or none?
>>
>>43602528
I suppose that might work, then. But I'd be worried about putting them back into the Futurama SoL for further storage. That could end poorly. Probably nothing that wasn't manageable, but it would build up Doom Energy and, as you said, that summons Yvo.
>>
>>43602508
It's just that the fluff seems to take up much more then some of the actual effects in some of the perks, making it hard to get at what it does at times and also making it feel like the perk is sometimes an afterthought to the fluff.
>>
>>43600036
>>43600341
>>43601711
...are you guys saying that the Dark Eldar are the OG Eldar who didn't want the champagne to stop flowing, while the crafters and exos are those who chose the life of an ascetic?

So if we took the Eldar companion in LoT, then they realise they no longer have to fear Slashy after the jump...

Having second thoughts now.

>>43600505
Think of it like an XP+ situation. You get more out of study and investigative efforts than normal people, plus a baseline of trivial info.
>>
>>43602574
Don't worry, Carwyn will be too busy being tsundere for you to engage in hedonism. He/she can't risk looking bad in front of the baka monkeigh.
>>
>>43602525
No, that's not right.

say I'm on my 7th visit, and let Q, R and S out of the pods at the end of that visit. My Current Pods are now empty. I rewind myself with the timecode, to loop 1 when A B and C are there. They are in the Me-of-Loop-1's pods, and they are standing there. I put them in My Current Pods, and depart. At no time would they be unsupported by pods. But, again, my interpretation of the way the pods work doesn't even render this necessary.

>>43602567
If anything, all that doom energy is a resource I can tap. I mean, I'm a jumper aren't I?
>>
>>43602569
I find that...a lot of people tend to err on the side of caution and mix up fluff with actual effects, to the extent that I've pretty much started separating the two into different paragraphs. That and with the Arland format of having a no fluff description list at the end of the jump specifically for perks.

That being said, I found that R-Type draft...really easy to decipher.

It's a bit of a pity, since I actually used the fluff for some time in my jumps to give every perk a certain degree of flexible interpretation - though people seemed to largely hone in on just a specific effect. Also kinda makes you wonder why bother with fluff at all sometimes.
>>
>>43602730
I like your fluff. Makes it more fun to read.
>>
>>43602574
>...are you guys saying that the Dark Eldar are the OG Eldar who didn't want the champagne to stop flowing,
Pretty much. They're the guys who fucked a hole straight through spacetime, feeding almost their entire empire (and who knows how much else) to a thirsty god, and when they realised She Who Thirsts was fed and empowered by their hedonistic murder-orgies and could drain away their very lives over time, said "fuck it, we ain't changing shit" before mutilating their own souls to slow the Dark Prince down a bit and carrying on as normal, hoping they'd manage to not die. Forever. Despite being surrounded by other creatures just like them.
You kind of have to admire them, in a (horrified) way.

>So if we took the Eldar companion in LoT, then they realise they no longer have to fear Slashy after the jump...
Wouldn't worry about that too much, they're the descendents of the ones who realised "hey guys, maybe these murder-orgies are getting out of hand, I don't see these going anywhere good..." before She Who Thirsts was a thing, and they've had quite a long time working under that fairly strict culture since.
Although I wouldn't advise trying to get them away from the Paths. Remember, all Eldar are (by human standards) crazy, they were literally designed as a warrior race using their emotions to fight the Star Gods. Paths = Good.
>>
I thought you could use pods to relocate people from one jump to another, which is also something I thought you could do with regular companions.
>>
>>43602563
All of the origins have a history, but the life 'you' have lived until the jump begins is so ridiculously bland and generic none of the memories can actually affect you, with the exception of those that give you the abilities acquired through purchased perks.

It's what either Tsukihime or Persona used for their Drop-In option. I don't remember which right now.

>>43602569
Going through the jump with that in mind, you're right. But it'll be easier to make the actual effects distinct and visible even with prose if I write them concisely first and add fluff separately.
>>
>>43602754
Honestly there are a *lot* of points where I can even look at it and say "Shit this is purple prose" - so I can understand where people are coming from. XIII-3 is a gross offender when it comes to this...probably needs to get trimmed someday. someday.

But when I first started making jumps, from what I understood (Or rather from what more experienced jumpmakers taught me), the fluff really was the only point where you would be able to convey information about the world without having to say "Look at a wiki" - so that was really where I understood the importance of it existed. Not sure nowadays if it's used for the same purpose.
>>
File: 1444395025576.png (480 KB, 520x553) Image search: [Google]
1444395025576.png
480 KB, 520x553
>>43602123
>all those perks
>all that CP cost
>ALL DEM SHIPS
>ONLY 1600 CP TO GET WHAT I NEED

C-could you come up with more drawbacks and up the max CP?

Despite the temptation to go Pilot. I'm going full researcher. Because that shit be ballin.
>>
>>43602574
Yes. When the Eldar squicked Slaanesh into being most them died. There was three types of survivors. Exodites left before, they're Amish Eldar. They believed that technology made them too soft and would lead to doom. Craftworld Eldar's are those that were on pleasure cruises when Slaanesh tore the universe a new one. They quickly adopted the path system as a way to curb their natural hedonism.

Then you have Dark Eldar, they were the few who survived, and thought not of changing their ways but how to continue it without getting their souls nom'd. So they came up with "well let's feed Slaanesh other's souls to buffer our own". Then they realized it was a rush to do that. They've never stopped since.

They even go after Craftworld Eldar to bring them back and torture them to death. One the best highs you can get is crushing and snorting a deceased Eldar's spiritstone.
>>
File: Sword and Sorcery Jump.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Sword and Sorcery Jump.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Bluh. I'm crashing so gear isn't done. Its still open to changes to perks and stuff, but most of everything is there. Hopefully you guys like it and there are no glaring issues.
>>
>>43603127
>pleasure cruises
No. The Craftworlders were the puritans. They didn't want to abandon civilization, but they considered the rest of their people morally bankrupt and so fled to the outskirts of the empire and avoid hedonism.
>>
>>43603182
Oh, I very much like the perks you've added since the last version you showed. The Making of Myth is especially cool. To have my name whispered in ancient legends wherever I go is awesome. Especially if combined with a perk that makes it so that when I tell the truth people believe it. Combine those and I can pull off the Once and Future King routine really easily.
>>
>>43601694

I'm not completely sure if this would work, but I can think of a possible alternative.

To start get technician from pokemon, return from the warehouse, innate genetic understanding from geneforge, aggressive genetic fusion from invader zim, maybe a few more genetic perks, whatever perks you can find to help you convince people to agree to weird experiments, and optionally some way to give things human(or similar) alt forms like perhaps Master of Karma from Lord of Light.

Once you have all of that use return to go back to pokemon. Then when your their use technician to add a pokemon storage system to your warehouse.

Note that a while ago quicksilver ruled that you can use the pokemon storage system to get more pokemon(but you have to use return to get a pokemon storage system), and remember pokemon trainer pokemon count as companions.

Now that you have a storage system use innate genetic understanding to get an idea of how pokemon genetics works. Oh and if you think you can figure it out try to see if you can find a way to replicate what Bill did when he accidentally turned a teleportation device into a fuse with a pokemon device.

Once you have enough understanding of pokemon genetics create a pokemon genetic material formula for injecting into people with aggressive genetic fusion.

Then use the formula on a person you want to companion and then wait for aggressive genetic fusion to pokemon-ize them. Then once that's done use a pokeball to catch them and add them to the pokemon storage system.

If you can't find a way to do this while keeping their physical appearance from changing that's what the part about having a way to grant human-like alt forms is for.

Note that as of generation six a pokemon storage system(note not counting side game stuff) can hold a total of 930 pokemon, and that's technically just for one trainer.

Disclaimer - I suspect that if this works it might have odd effects on any innate abilities they might have.
>>
>>43603364
It has like a 30% chance of working with regards to getting companions in places with no canon comp option, but a definite 0% on the import part. At the end of the day everything stored inside the system, assuming it works, still won't be considered a companion.

I have a very bad feeling that trying to replicate complicated abilities into pokemon genetics won't work well either. If you could potentially turn people into pokemon...well uhh...ditto breeding is always an option I guess - I'd hate to think what that implies.
>>
>>43602123

>>100 CP for every other Perk purchased

ohgodwhy.gif

>>Actual Knowledge of Military Tactics

nothing says you need to take this, just take advanced/esoteric to do the same things, better.
>>
>>43603476

>It has like a 30% chance of working with regards to getting companions in places with no canon comp option, but a definite 0% on the import part. At the end of the day everything stored inside the system, assuming it works, still won't be considered a companion.

After checking the storage system thing is in the rules pastebin. Which has the following

>You can have up to 8 "Active" Companions at once. Companions are allies granted to you via the CYOA itself. Pokémon, PMD Partner, Sidekicks, these all count as Companions. Every individual Pokémon takes up a Companion slot.

>Pokémon can instead be stored in a Box Storage System inside your WAREHOUSE, but that requires taking Return from the WAREHOUSE and getting one from a second ten years in the Pokémon world.

So if they count as pokemon enough to store in the box they should count as pokemon enough to count as companions.

I have no clue if it would work, but it seems unlikely to not count for both the 'companion' part and the 'storage' part.

On a side note the rules were before Pokémon Conquest added non companion Pokémon, but that jumps notes do say you can import them and turn them into companions.

>I have a very bad feeling that trying to replicate complicated abilities into pokemon genetics won't work well either. If you could potentially turn people into pokemon...well uhh...ditto breeding is always an option I guess - I'd hate to think what that implies.

The part about having a way to convince people to agree to weird experiments if you try this is very important, because it is a really weird experiment.

Sure nowhere near as weird as 'let's use soul stealing necromancy or let's bully the spacetime continuum', but still really damn weird.

Although pokemon moves can get pretty damn weird. You have stuff like suddenly making the sun shine at night, but well if you do something like turn a harry potter wizard into a Pikachu they probably don't have the wizard gene any more.
>>
>>43603182
Very nice! I think my favorite perk so far is the Whims Of Fortune, and I'm finding it ridiculously hard to choose which items to buy. My wallet is on fire.
>>
>>43603127
>Craftworld Eldar's are those that were on pleasure cruises when Slaanesh tore the universe a new one. They quickly adopted the path system as a way to curb their natural hedonism.
Not true, they were long distance trade ships.
>>
Discworld question.

Is there anything against taking both Witch and Wizard?

Besides being a double-dipping bastard?
>>
>>43604071
Nope, you can take both if you can afford it.
>>
>>43604071
YOU FOOL
YOU'VE CROSSED THE STREAMS
>>
>>43604092
>if I can afford it

... Middle Class into Witch, Wizard, and a Telecomnicon?

PERFECTION.

>>43604101
I find that I get accused of that a lot.

It's quite odd really, there are no streams which need crossing, and if there were well it's obvious I'd need to cross them for some sort of goal, you know?
>>
>>43604169
You have brought about total protonic reversal.

Congratulations.
>>
New chain, going mostly random this time with a "10 rolls, pick from choices" system. Winner for first jump, is... Hellsing!

>>Hellsing
1500/1500
>Origin: Age 25, Drop In free
>Abilities
Unassuming free
Unwavering 100
War Veteran 200
The Art of War 200
Weapon Channeling 300
Holy Empowerment 400
Werewolf's Curse 200
>Items
Uniforms free
Iscariot Standard Issue* 100
>Drawback
Police Girl +100

*1911A1, BAR, Winchester 1897 Trench Gun

Plan is essentially join Hellsing, kill Nazi Vampires, and try to not die. The drawback means my meta-knowledge of the setting is not likely to be believed, so the plot did not change all that much.
>>
>>43604169
Somewhere in the void outside space-time, Eskarina Smith senses a disturbance in the Force
>>
>>43604071
Wizard > Witch so you're wasting points.
>>
>>43604314
>Carpe Jugulum-turns vampires partially human by tricking them into biting you
>Wyrd Sisters-macroscale time control and genius locii communication
>Lords and Ladies-posess a swarm of bees
>Masquerade-stop injuries from existing temporarily
>the Tiffany Aching books-too many examples to list, but essentially a young girl shuts down reality warpers with sympathetic magic

Someone needs to read mor. A Discworld Wizard is like a D&D caster in a freeform system, a Discworld Witch is a bit like a Dresden Files magic user but it's almost /all/ sympathetic magic unless you start cackling.
>>
In the Generic Magical Girl jump:
1. if you don't take the Time Limit drawback is there any limit at all to how long you can stay transformed?
2. if you take the Locked drawback, are your Items and/or the Warehouse itself off limits when not transformed?
>>
Ah, so many unsure ways to get more companion, yet it shows ingenuity of some people for trying to keep their friends with them.

Because honestly, unless you can take your friends jumping with you, your friendships will be strained, due to you being unable to interact with them and slowly turning into something they won't recognize as their friend.

Meanwhile Armstrong would be best friend you can have if you best him, while Mistral is best waifu
>>
>>43604375
Or you could just jump Anarchy Reigns and buy the bar.
>>
>>43600552
Oi. Orpheus was awesome. Especially the plot.
>>
>>43604375
>>43604391

You can also get summoning magic from No Game No Life and use that to basically give them an interdimensional magic phone call.

Sure they only stay for five minutes at a time, but well that's still some socialization.
>>
>>43604412
But to them it's constant chatter, since time is frozen for them the only thing they'd be aware of is the time you have summoned them.
>>
>>43604436
Yeah, this is why the anarchy reigns bar doesn't seem to work out well, unless they stay in it. By that point you would have to remodel it to have guest rooms and if you are going that far why just not buy that companion housing supplement.

>Captcha tells me to choose beds
>fuck I want to go sleep some more
>>
>>43604465
>Why not use non-canon supplements
Because you (Hopefully) ain't that much of a bitch.
>>
>>43604483
Yes, that is what anon seemed to be implying with "if you're going that far".
>>
>>43604483
This. Bitches get snitches.

>>43603182
Exactly how bad is Tattered Veil on a scale from Nyaruko to Nyaa (Demonbane Nyarlathotep)?
>>
>>43604314
Wizards create problems, Witchs solve them. Plus they don't have to deal with the whole have to kill a Higher level wizard to move up and have every lower wizard trying to kill them Thing.
>>
>>43604658
They don't actually use that system anymore. It kind of stalled out after Ridcully got in charge. Mostly by him being absurdly hard to kill.
>>
>>43604662
Which book did that happen in? I've read them all but I don't remember it switching over.
>>
>>43604262
Jump 2:
>>True Lies
1000/1000
>Background: Age 23, Spy
>Perks
Polyglot-ism x2(Arabic, Russian) free
Care to Tango? 100
Stop Cheering me up! 100
I Picked Them! free
They Were All Bad 150
Twenty Times a Day! 300
>Items
Espresso Machine 50
Snow Cone Maker 50
Tracking Device free
The Van 100
Invitation Card 150

Not much to say here, picked up some very useful skills and there's not much that can really threaten me here.
>>
>>43604680
Moving Pictures.

The one were Ridcully is introduced, in fact.

>>43604662
Worth pointing out that the "dead man's pointy shoes" system seemed to eschew blatently magical means of assassination, probably because Discworld magic has been compared to nuclear weaponry; all of Ridcully's mentioned assassins were all dudes trying to stab him IIRC
>>
>>43604363
>>43604363
>1. if you don't take the Time Limit drawback is there any limit at all to how long you can stay transformed?
Pretty sure you can stay in Magical Girl mode as long as you like, but doing so might have 'fluffy' complications. eg: Enemies that might be attracted to magic will probably home in on wherever you're sleeping, or if you chose a background other than drop-in, your background-provided parents are going to file a missing persons report and wonder why Sparkle-chan is standing in their daughter's bedroom.

>2. if you take the Locked drawback, are your Items and/or the Warehouse itself off limits when not transformed?
You won't be able to get into the warehouse, but you could transform, pull an item out, and that item should function fine and remain when you transform back.
Note this can mean that you might not be able to use said item if it relies on your powers. Like a wand from HP would be useless to you when you're not transformed.
>>
In Gunnerkrigg court do the 200 CP 'upgrades' to the 800 CP capstone perks receive a background discount as well or no?
>>
>>43604541
>Bitches get snitches.
That's not how that saying works.
>>
>>43603182
This is awesome. I was a little meh when you announced the idea, but fleshed out this is awesome. The Drop In tree in particular is just great.
>>
>>43605200
It's the internet, what're you going to do-fight them over your computer monitor?

>>43605153
As far as I remember, no
>>
>>43605200
The stitches follow the snitches, and it's usually bitches giving them. It's like the circle of life, only fucked up.
>>
>>43605241
>implying the circle of life isn't far more fucked up than the circle of stitches and snitches

wormeatinganotherwormthatbleeds.mov.horror
>>
>>43605239
>(((50^2)-((4)*3)/14*7)/16-32)*(4^4)/14.9877372
>not fighting through the internet
scrub
>>
>>43605362
>>2115.8630937297192534173871156481179827465883242201497

I don't get it?
>>
>>43605384
Pretty sure it was meant to add up to 2015.
>>
>>43604658
This is actually a very good summary of how the two work in the Diskworld series. Compare the number of incidents solved by the Witch Trio and Tiffany Aching to the number solved by wizards. Now back out Rincewind, because he's a Wizzard, not a wizard.
>>
>>43605445
Seriously? I failed Math so many times they're letting me take biology instead, and I figured it out.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 500x707
How do I make zerg? Do I need a queen or something?
>>
>>43605513
I hate that guy Since he is such a coward but I admit A survival instinct and practicality second to no one in that World or perhaps all of the jump chain. I'm surprised no one has tried to pod him.

>>Opponent has too much Magical power to defeat with magic And all the wizards are bowing down before him.

Half a brick in a Sock.

>> Everything keeps trying to bite My feet.

Invents Thong sandals So that I can run out of my shoes whenever I'm attacked And escape.
>>
>>43605555
First you need a queen to grow some creep,Then you need A drone it to build a Hive,The hives creates more units. You will also want to pick up that database of their genetics So you can Build more than just the basics.
>>
>>43605557
>pod him

That would be the worst thing you could possibly do to him, unless you were to drop him off in a mundane world where potatoes exist.

Besides, Interesting Times implies at least one of the reasons why he's survived so long is because the Lady considers him a valuable pawn against Fate. So his plot armour might not follow him off the Disc.
>>
>>43605555
Essence Spinner, or just having some drones under your control, and it's not like it's hard to clone some drones.
>>
>>43605513
It's rather telling too that whereas Wizard self-regulation used to enforced by a combination of hierarchial self-interest and mutually assured destruction, and is currently enforced by a combination of indolence, big dinners and Ridcully shouting at people, Witches appear to visit each other regularly to prevent another Black Aliss from coming about.

Shame about Lilith Weatherwax, though. Then again, technically fairy godmothers are a whole other thing.
>>
>>43605568
>>43605627
Think I'm going to pod Abathur. He'll like the Tyranid DNA I have on file. Also the various Dino DNA.
>>
>>43605568
It's been awhile since I've played, but I'm pretty sure you can build a hatchery on regular, non creep, ground. It creates creep after it's grown. So no queen is needed.

And even then, a drone seems to have all the genetic instructions somewhere inside of it for just about all of the Zerg units and buildings. A proper jumper who focuses on such things, could probably make a new zerg empire from just a single drone alone, no hive or hatchery needed.
>>
>>43605697
Taking him seems dangerous.
Like, don't ever leave him alone in your warehouse dangerous.
And don't let him near your companions.
>>
>>43605812
This.

Even with all the competence and skill he brings to the table, I wouldn't companion Abathur. He's all kinds of shady, to the degree that even if you mind controlled him I wouldn't put fuckery past him.

He's a gene spinning monkey's paw.
>>
>>43603182
Quite interesting, the Making of Myth seems like it would be hilarious to use in some settings with the gods still around. Decent balance of prose and ability and the tone is spot on.
>>
Jumpers, how do you maintain romantic relationships with your companions if you have any romantic relationships?
>>
>>43603182
Hadn't planned to be a wizard, but my goodness, that Eye. Functions in place of any ritual tool I might otherwise need (hello, Dresden Files) AND a massive power-boost? I need it like I've never needed any item.
>>
>>43606006
I don't. Don't shit where you eat anon.
>>
On top of the romantic question, have you at any jump succumbed to urge to create or indulge in your magical realm?

Basically a jump you turned into your own magical realm, even if temporarily
>>
File: hv5jMyL.jpg (52 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hv5jMyL.jpg
52 KB, 640x360
>>43606006
I don't. Although I do occasionally make fun of them for being in love with me. Or tease them. Because it's funny.
And a couple times I've even told the ones I actually truly care about that they should stop, because I'm not able to feel the same way for them, and they'll only get hurt.
I genuinely and truly can't understand why they won't.
>>
>>43606064
So...you tease people who are in love with you? That's an emotionally mature thing to do.
>>
>>43606064
>takes hundreds of charisma perks
>takes hundreds of cuteness intensifying perks
>won't understand why people won't stop loving her
You really are the most understated of the evil jumpers, blue.
>>
>>43606024
But anon, with Metavore I can completely disregard that.
>>
>>43606006
Shit, I don't even know. It just works.

Of course, the fact that they're not tied to me probably helps.
>>
>>43606006
I build for creativity, wisdom, charisma, and stamina.. Also, I'm not a cunt.

It's not really that hard unless you waifu every damn thing you come across, then the simple logistics of the thing become an issue.
>>
>>43606094
Even more evil that Valeria?
>>
File: mfrtgibC7n1r2heyno1_500.png (61 KB, 500x224) Image search: [Google]
mfrtgibC7n1r2heyno1_500.png
61 KB, 500x224
>>43606085
Hi, I'm Blue. I don't believe we've met.

>>43606094
Actually, a lot of the companions I "actually truly" care about have been with me since before I started stacking that shit. Or, really, before I had that shit at all. Because there was a long period before I became the ridiculous fluffy scientific psychopath you all know and love where I just straight up didn't have any charisma perks. I think at least three hundred years worth of jumps or so. And it took even longer than that to start actually stacking them.
Honestly I don't usually take charisma unless it's super cheap, like, 100CP. So what I've got is less "I'm gearing for this!" and more "this is just what happens when you've been a jumper for untold millenia".
The cuteness I'm totes gearing for, though, I won't deny that. But even that took FOREVER to get off the ground. There were like fifty jumps or where I was just... not really supernaturally cute. Crazy, right?

AND, I can even lock off perks with the help of my Girl Genius Locket. Or the limiter coat from the new RE update. So, there have totally been moments where I've been like, "Look, you freaking crouton, I'm clearly messing with your brain somehow, so let me fix this."
It doesn't really seem to work.
I mean. For those specific companions.
For other companions like Gismor, it totally works. And Gismor's not even in love with me. But I can turn off his respect for me like a switch. But I don't care what Gismor thinks.

It's pretty weird.
>>
>>43604692
Jump 3:
>>Lord of the Rings
1300/1300
>Location: 7, Rohan
>Race: Age 24, Human free
>Skills
Archery 50
Forestry free
Horsemanship 100
Fighting Skills 100
Elven Grace 100
Riddle-Master 150
Mental Fortitude 200
Dwarven Craft 400
>Gear
Sword free
Money 50
Lembas Bread 50
Elven Cloak 100
>Drawbacks
Out of the Frying Pan +100
My Word is my Bond +200

Pretty much going to ignore the plot* and explore the world, particularly areas not shown in the books/movies.

*Tried to thermite the Ring early on, it didn't work.
>>
>>43606205
He said understated, nothing understated about Val.
>>
So, what about trying to magical realm a jump up or even trying to achieve some of your magical realm in a jump? I believe that there had to have been a time when your libido took you over at least once before you went above such things.
>>
Just so we are clear has anyone claimed the FO4 jump in the list of Anons? I know Wild Card said it was free pickings for a while.
>>
>>43606320
What list of anons?
>>
>>43606320
The source material was discussed, but no one called the jump per se.
>>
>>43606320
Personally, I'd like to wait to see if Wild Card is going to update the FO jump. If only because I can't really see 4 having enough content to justify a brand new jump.

On the other hand, new jumps are always good, sooo...
>>
>>43606319
Every realm is a magical one when you're a wizard.
>>
>>43606377
I'm about 20 hours into it, and there's enough for it to be its own thing. Also, most people want a new jump because the FO nerf is one of the most hated things in /jc/.
>>
>>43604541
H.P. Lovecraft and the writer of Conan (just woke up and my brain won't think of his name) were good friends, corresponded regularly, and had so many nods to each others works their coexistence as being in the same setting might as well be considered official.

Suffice to say, with Conan being the iconic S&S series this pretty much means your running through lovecraft jump a second time just in sandals and a loincloth. How bad it gets depends on how badly you stick out to all the lovecraftian shit. Have fun.

Anyway I'm glad you all like it. There will be one scenario for each starting locale, with unique companions and potential goodies to nab, and completing one acts as a capstone booster for gear, letting you pick one of the 600cp items you have to get upgraded. You can go through one of these.

There are plans for two or three "Final Boss" scenarios that are insanely dangerous. You can take one in addition to the locale scenario and as for the rewards you'll just have to wait and see.

Unique scenario companions include various flavors of the three non dropin origins themed to the location.

Justice will have to pick which warrior princess he wants to waifu instead of taking them all.
>>
>>43606387
OOOOOOOOOOH!
>Vuvuzelas start playing

Still, did any Jumper's libido take the lead during making one of jumps?
>>
>>43606421
Hey, I enjoyed the jump but I have a bit of a meta question.

I get the inspiration for all the origins except Drop In. Was there a particular character that you were drawing off of for the DI origin? The tree is great, again, just curious.
>>
>>43606414
I personally don't give a crap. I think the nerf is dumb, but at the same time it effects so little about what I'm doing and is still so far above the usual "powers are straight up gone" that other jump-wide limiters will try to do, that I really and genuinely just do not give a fuck.

I do want a new Fallout jump, though, if only because I like Fallout. Full stop. There doesn't have to be another reason. And I feel like there's enough content to make several new jumps on it, not just one for FO4.
Like, if someone said, "I'm going to make a Classic Fallout Jump, and a Fallout Tactics Jump, and a Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel because fuck you and everything you love", I would totally back all that shit because I love Fallout.
>>
>>43606556
I can support most if not all of this.
>>
>>43606586
Same here. I'm at least 100% sympathetic with the spoilered text. As for the rest-I'm cool with DA:I since its sufficiently differentiated from the other DA settings but I don't know enough about Fallout as a franchise to call the other proposals one way or another.
>>
>>43606449
The idea for it was one half wanderer one half figure of myth and legend. The other origins make your a particular archetype prevalent in the genre with a sort of preset mythos in their nature and how they do things.

Dropin both gives you the tools to wander and get involved in great happenings and adventures, and mythifies "you" instead of packaging you under an archetype. Basically giving you a blank check to forge your own personal mythos in the jump instead of being pushed one way or the other.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 848x1199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 848x1199
>>43605812
>>43605932
He's that bad eh? Well I really don't need him then. I have genforging stuff that could do his job.
>>
>>43606320
FO4 happens within the ten years of the jump.
>>
>>43606763
It also stars hundreds of years before it, so there's a wide range of possbilities for the jump.
>>
I have visions...

Visions of a shitstorm that is brewing.

A glorious new Bleach jump, with pictures, so balanced and so beautiful Jesus would cry out of joy if he saw it.

Thousands of neckbeards being nearly blinded by its glory, wanting to touch it, to discuss it, yet being kept in check.

Kept in check by Keepers of Old ways, the Jumpers of the old, calling this pdf a heresy, treason against their laws.

White knights of quality would appear, trying to defend it. If it is what everyone secretly desires, then let them preach it.

The Keepers' resistance would prove powerful, neither of the groups ever winning.

And yet, the neckbeards would falter, some longing for the forbidden fruit and some even touching it, yet never admitting to it, their jumps eternally being shrouded in secrecy.

Until end of time.
>>
>>43606421
Robert E Howard.
>>
>>43606859
>I'm going to shitpost and cause shitstorms because I'm a petty piece of garbage.
>>
>>43606867
Danke anon. I Appreciate it.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 894x894
>>43606006
Haven't had any relations, haven't had sex. My companions are there for no other than they're useful to me or I enjoy their company.

This might change later on but so far, I don't have companions as anything other than companions. As for those who fawn over me, as I've taken quite a bit charm & good look perks. I ignore them if they're no use to me. I'll then beat them nearly to death if they continue. If they come back, I turn them over to Choir Of Lost Voices. They're searching for partners.

You got a choice between living statue, burning sorceress, drug addled hedonist, caring plague carrier, yandre bitch with cujo. Oh and let's not forget CC, who loves~ everyone. She just needs to know your heart belongs to her, literally, she'll tear your beating heart from your chest.
>>
>>43606889
Honestly though, the current system of Jump making being first come first serve instead of quality as judged in IRC is kind off stupid
>>
>>43606859

>A glorious new Bleach jump, with pictures, so balanced and so beautiful Jesus would cry out of joy if he saw it.

This doesn't sound like Bleach at all. There's nowhere near enough nonsensical plot twists
>>
>>43606925
>judged by thread
FTFY
>>
>>43606925
See: >>43606949
Otherwise, I'd agree entirely. Except, dude, even the people who are in support of a new Bleach Jump are like, "Wait until the series finally ends so we don't have to do this shit again, because it's gonna be a shit."
Bringing it up now is just petty and trying to stir shit for shit's sake.
Which is what that guy is doing.
So stop.
>>
>>43606925
No, actually. Your dream of nobody having any security, having their jumps trashed at someone's whim, having contradictory jumps so nobody knows what anyone's doing when we're discussing something, and having people making alts solely to powergrab and oneup another poster is a fucking horror story compared to what we are now, and would destroy this place for your pathetic inability to accept things as they are.
>>
>>43606925
>>43606949
more like
>Honestly though, the current system of Jump making being first come first serve instead of letting everyone who wants to create make jumps and let jumpers decide which version suits them best is kind of stupid.
>>
>>43606985
See >>43606978
>>
>>43606978
It always amazes me how we have people come here just to argue for things that would kill the thread. In the same stupid way. It's like the general sends these "Waah fuck the rules!" bitches.
>>
>>43606925
Now that is some solid bate. We crafted, friendo.
>>
>>43607014
>We crafted, friendo

Chigurh, is that you? Don't you have some elderly cops to be traumatising by proxy?

Huh. A shame No Country For Old Men probably wouldn't work as a jump.
>>
>>43606925

I agree obviously.One day I'm going to claim a multitude of popular settings and put out a horde of barely adequate no-fun Jumps filled with power limiters and shitty perks and laugh as retards rise to defend me.
>>
File: delusionalhearbait.png (261 KB, 1600x1612) Image search: [Google]
delusionalhearbait.png
261 KB, 1600x1612
Remember just to report, hide and not respond guys. Let the bait drift away on its own.
>>
>>43607048
Implying this isn't already happening.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 1300x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 1300x1500
>>43607014

I try.

>>43606978
As opposed to people shitting on current jumps or making shitty jumps for purposes of trolling people that were actually fans of the thing the jump is about?

Both systems have flaws, but it's not like one jump being remade would open floodgates. Jump making is a lot of work

>>43606973
That makes sense.

>>43606985
Give this man a free internet.

Jumpchain was originally created so people have fun. Why limit that?

One upping implies the new version of a jump is better than other. That includes balance to avoid OP perks for nothing. Sure, people can make jumps only to provide OP perks, but people are saying that as if it did not happen at all now. It happens, it just can't be fixed now.
>>
>>43607048
Your fate will be Spacebattle's.

>>43607096
>s opposed to people shitting on current jumps or making shitty jumps for purposes of trolling people
This has literally never happened.
>>
>>43607101
BLEACH IS THE VERY EXAMPLE OF IT HAPPENING. IT'S WHY WE HAVE THIS DISCUSSION
>>
>>43607120
>Bleach was made to shit on a setting.
>Bleach was made to troll people.
No it wasn't. How retarded can you be?
>>
>>43607101
I can't claim to know or think that any jumps are troll jumps, but we shit on current jumps all the time. Are you knew? All. The. Time.
>>
Does anyone have any idea why our shitposter is so fucking attached to Bleach? Do they just have terrible fucking taste in anime, or is it just because they know it's a good avenue to use in shitposting?
>>
File: baiton.png (35 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
baiton.png
35 KB, 800x600
Where are the best hats in jumpchain? Is there anywhere better than JoJo and TF2 to acquire excellant headgear?

>>43607120
This isn't a discussion.

This is one guy with a hook, line and sinker straight up admitting he's being a cunt.
>>
>>43607153
Sometimes being a cunt is necessary so mistakes can be fixed
>>
>>43607140
I'm going with a lot of column A, and even more of column B.

I'm also going with-let's talk about literally anything else.

>>43607153
Pretty sure Razzle Dazzle has a decent hat in there somewhere

>>43607133
Not that that's a good thing.
>>
>>43607160
>If people aren't catering to me they're making a mistake.
>>
>>43607160
Said nobody ever except the idiot trying to start shit.

See >>43606978, we've had this stupid discussion ages ago and more or less agreed the costs of your idea would outweigh the benefits by a long shot. Doesn't exactly help that "shitty jumps for the purposes of trolling people" isn't a thing that can be conclusively proven.

Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence, and considering I recall mib did try to take advice for Xiaolin Showdown many threads later, I reckon he's just a bit of a talentless hack. But not a troll.
>>
>>43607162
>I'm also going with-let's talk about literally anything else.
Which of the four humors are you aligned with?
>>
>>43607153
Pokemon has a pretty good hat.
>>
>>43607166
To those defending bleach jump, I want them to honestly look at it and tell me it is well made.

Just because some people don't like a popular thing doesn't mean it is bad. Or at least all of it
>>
Which setting would be could for Zodiac powers?
>>
>>43606978
>having people making alts solely to powergrab and oneup another poster
You say that like you know it would happen.
The only person I can think of that would do that would be Tera and maybe Val. Tera would do that anyway, since he's an idiot, and Val pretty much sticks to her own thing.
>>
>>43607190
Melancholic 4 lyfe. It's also my mantra affinity and emotional form from Inside Out
>>
Post your theme song.
>>
>>43607186
Honestly by the end of it Xiaolin Showdown ended up pretty okay, as jumps go. People should be more willing to talk with the thread about how to improve.

Of course that would probably expose them to massive shitstorms, but it's not like that doesn't happen anyway. At least we'd get better jumps out of it.
>>
>>43607209
Inside Out Sadness is too sissy for me.
>>
>>43607198
Val is incredibly tight on jump balance, and she's pretty content with her combo.
>>
>>43607197
Oh, you definitely want to check out FF12. It's zodiac all up in that motherfucker.

>>43607198
To be frank, the idea of making what Tera normally does acceptable is kinda a dealbreaker for me regarding the idea.

Doubt Val would do that at all. They've made a bunch of jumps without anything inanely oneuppy.
>>
>>43607235
Do not respond to shitposters.
>>
>>43607222
Pretty much, yeah.

>>43607196
I'm not defending bleach jump at all.

I'm just saying-your idea isn't worth the downsides already listed and expounded on above, and I don't think it's justified to sort out one jump in order to potentially come up with problems for all jumps present and future.
>>
>>43607225
It's a kids' setting, anon-it's not going to be the epitome of masculine grimdark. I just went with what felt right, y'know?
>>
>>43607243
>Anyone who does not agree with me has to be a shitposter
>I will also assume that they are most likely the same shitposter all along if there are many people disagreeing
>>
>>43607278
>I will pretend my position has more supporters than it does out of desperation.
>>
>>43607274
It's just that the whole "Sadness helps you make friends and be nice to people!" bit rots my teeth, and puts me off as a person who also took Melancholy in Azura's Wrath and collects sorrow powers.

>>43607239
Anything other than FF12? Any settings people know of without jumps that might have zodiac powers?
>>
>>43607308
>"Sadness helps you make friends and be nice to people!"
Not the anon you've been going back and forth with, but that's not how I took IO.

I took the ending to be that emapthy, which is important to relationships writ large, requires admission that feelings, emotions, and experiences can be complex. The unalloyed experiences and emotions of childhood are great, but they lack the depth required to build more mature relationships.

It wasn't that you need to be sad in order to have friends, but rather you need to acknowledge that not everything is black and white with regards to relationships with other people and with your relationship with yourself.
>>
>>43607196

>To those defending bleach jump, I want them to honestly look at it and tell me it is well made.

It's a Bleach jump. Even if it does get fixed Kubo is probably going to have a ridiculous unnecessary plot twist that unfixed the jump and makes having fixed it a waste of time.
>>
Question.

If reborn himself appeared and gave Bleach jump up for Adoption, how would we know it was actually him?

Would people refuse to accept it even if it is actually Reborn, with people just saying it has to be an impostor?
>>
Remember to ignore and report the above post.
>>
>>43607408
But I actually want to know. How can it be verified that a jump maker that made a jump appeared again and it's not an impostor shitposter
>>
>>43607381
I'm mainly talking about the powers it has.
>>
>>43607397
I thought the people known as Aizen and Yhwach(?) were the stupidly plotbreaking guys. But then I've never paid much attention to Bleach

>>43607308
Same anon here, let's see:

1. I think FF14 has some indirectly; at least there's a capstone for Scholars that enhances your magic reserves under a celestial alignment.

I think Sailor Moon and Fairy Tail technically have zodiac magic but...it's Anime Zodia so. Jumper beware.

2. As the same anon who took Melancholy and Inside Out Sadness, I figured it'd be fairly easy to turn that to more sadistic uses that rhyme with Stokholm Syndrome if I were determined to bring about complete anguish in someone
>>
I am going to take out the root of shitstorm instead of fruits.

I shall dedicate all my free time to finding a way to contact Reborn
>>
>>43607441
Ah, I didn't jump it. The loss conditions were too easily met, so it seemed trapish.
>>
>>43607498
Assuming this isn't a more abstract form of bait, with all the sincerity I can muster over the internet:

Good luck with that.

Really.

It's just like Evangelion says: All these problems ultimately happen because we have barriers between communicating with each other.
>>
>>43607397
That's why if anyone does do it they should wait until the series is over, as stated earlier in the thread, because that's exactly what would happen.

>>43607470
It's really stupid and not worth watching or reading to be totally honest.

>>43607498
GOD SPEED ANON
>>
>>43607521
Glad I'm not missing anything nice. Sounds like Naruto, but somehow worse.

Unrelated, but I've been recently marathoning Attack on Titan and I can see why people would both love and hate it.

The animation is pretty gorgeous at least.

The plot and characters come across like some tried to rip off Berserk and make it PG-13 for the kiddies. Also I'm increasingly convinced Akari Acura from Hitsugi no Chaika is a parady of Mikasa Ackerman.
>>
>>43607470

By Kubo I meant Tite Kubo a.k.a. the whatever the maker of a manga is called.

However yes those are the stupidly plotbreaking characters.
>>
>>43607615
So why isn't bleach a endjump because of this bullshit?
>>
>>43607520
No argument there. Fuck, if we could be more open about communicating, things would be so much better.
We'd probably get into arguments just as often because this is 4chan and we're all cheeky assholes, but at least we'd have agency.
>>
File: this actually happens.jpg (122 KB, 800x514) Image search: [Google]
this actually happens.jpg
122 KB, 800x514
>>43607569
Honestly? Yeah, it's kind of like Naruto, but worse. Basically take the power levels from that, ramp it up to eleven, give it as many characters withe about as much screen time, and throw in some "you can't advance because you weren't born to advance" fatalism, and there, you've got Bleach. Also, it's all somehow less consistent.

Naruto's full of shit and annoyances, but at least it's got an uplifting message and is generally upbeat. Also, nobody ever says Orochimaru is good at planning.
Though I will give Bleach at least the benefit that it didn't dive into filler as hard as Naruto did. They usually at least got through one fight per episode.
But it's still complete shit.
>>
>>43607765

I think it was probably made before Bleach got to it's current level of bullshit.

Than again it's level of bullshit started with 'The antagonist can make perfect illusions that fool every sense(or at least the normal human ones)', and went up from there.

The character whose power is almost literally being a deus ex machina is barely on the bullshit scale anymore.

To be completely honest Bleach seems like a trap jump to me just from the nonsense of the series.
>>
>>43606006
1.Always make your wife feel wanted and special.
2. Do your best to balance every possible form of power between the two of you, jealousy kills relationships,Hell at this point Monique is probably the only thing that can reliably kill me.
3.Take a "honeymoon" jump fairly regularly.
4.Always keep things fresh.
5.Never fall asleep angry, always Own up to each other's mistakes.
>>
>>43607932
It says something that there are almost no jumpers who talk about how they beat that jump. There are a ton of people who say shit like "I avoided the plot" or "I hid from all this shit because it's stupid", but nobody tries to go toe to toe with Yhwach.
>>
>>43607569
Attack on Titan is such shitty terrible writing.

The Holy Shonen Trinity isn't much better, but I'm committed to reading them to their conclusion at this point.

Bleach has basically always been about 'what is the next cool gimmick'. They're introduced on the fly with minimal foreshadowing (or retconned foreshadowing- just grasp at unresolved plot hook, assert that they ALWAYS meant X) and then run with it for five chapters until the next shiny idea catches Tubo's interest.

Now, as a result, there's a lot of cool gimmicks in Bleach. Every character of any importance has at least one fairly unique power, and they're almost all hundreds of years old and so they're well justified for having refined their strange talent and given it supporting skills. In order to show off a gimmick, it's always high power. Gin doesn't just have a sword that extends rapidly to a length of several meters- he has a sword that extends at LIGHT SPEED to ANY LENGTH and further more it's poison. Aizen isn't just an illusionist, he's a perfect hypnotist that can manipulate every single sense indefinitely after you've perceived his shikai, complete with the subject autosuggesting information to complete his illusions- I'm pretty sure the thousand years of practice doctor spend a solid week dissecting EMPTY AIR and never caught on. In the end I think she actually realized that the body she was dissecting was textbook, which doesn't actually happen in real life and went 'wait what.' It still took her a week or two. Stuff like that.

tl;dr: Bleach has a lot of glitz and a wide breadth of powers. It also completely and utterly lacks depth.
>>
>>43607823
I'm not defending Naruto, or Bleach, or shonen at all, really, but at least Naruto at Tsunade and Tsunades tits are glorious.
>>
>>43607989
Planning on doing a fight with Ywach once Bleach finishes using my previous run. Spanner in The Works and Of Destiny Born counters his whole predestination BS, while Alexandria Package from Worm negates a lot of the "I win" powers of the Streinreitter. From there it's esoteric attacks to reduce his ability to fight back and maybe a Giga Causality Break to actually kill him.
>>
>>43607989
That's because Yhwach's still the main antagonist and thus susceptible to shounen escalation.

Also people don't really talk about it because, besides nomming everything for power, or hanging with a character you like, there's very little to do there. Most just keep their heads low to avoid all the plot bullshit, and spend ten years doing their own thing.
>>
>>43608136
Bleach has likeable characters? I'm getting the impression everyone is kind of a jerk.
>>
>>43607196
Ok, but what about less obviously awful Jumps? Fallout, for example? We had a shitstorm in this very thread about it - should someone be able to just remove it? Or how about Pokemon? If someone put it out nowadays, with its firearms and marine corps combat skills and sneaking missions, we'd laugh them off the thread - should we let someone overwrite the first Jump to make it fit the setting better?
>>
>>43608136
> tfw I mostly spent ten years watching Japanese television
It admittedly wasn't a great use of my time.

>>43608149
It has a few. They are almost universally relegated to the sidelines, though.
>>
>>43608160
>We had a shitstorm in this very thread about it
Not him but I'm just pointing out that the shitstorm was about one aspect of it (the power nerf) while the argument here seems to be about the whole jump. And Wild Card even came out and said he might change it. Of course, I don't think. reborn has been here for like the past six months so...

>>43608149
There are plenty of likeable characters but they don't last long. Coyote Starrk is one. Chill as fuck, doesn't really seem to care about bad guy plans, just wants some friends. But he's an antagonist so he dies.
>>
>>43606795
Actually a fallout jump that takes prewar could be interesting. You could be in the real battle of Anchorage, fight in the Resource Wars, be there as the first bombs drop.
>>
>>43608149
Bleach has a TON of characters. Literal shitloads. They have actual personalities and powersets and everything. Chrono Cross ain't got nothin on this shit.

Only maybe five of them have any real impact on the story. The rest get a couple episodes or pages of screentime and then vanish into the ether, only showing up for occasional slice of life vignettes to show that they still exist.
>>
>>43608255
>Coyote Starrk
My Brother. I honestly wished that they kept him around longer than they did.
>>
>>43608255
>>43608319
>Starrk and Lillynette both die
>Fuckmothering Grimnjow survives
Thanks for reminding me why I hate Kubo.
>>
>>43608263
>Chrono Cross
I'd shank a motherfucker for a Chrono Trigger jump.
>>
File: 400percentmad.jpg (648 KB, 874x908) Image search: [Google]
400percentmad.jpg
648 KB, 874x908
>>43608263
>only showing up for occasional slice of life vignettes to show that they still exist

INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDEEEEEX
>>
>>43608160
The thing about Fallout is almost nobody thinks it's a bad jump. It's actually a very good jump. The only thing anyone has a problem with is the power limiter, because it's seen as very arbitrary. And that's not enough to get rid of it.
But even if you're rabidly against the nerf, trying to edit that shit to remove that one aspect of it because you're a giant piss baby who can't into arguing is seen as a dick move.
And it's still not enough of a nerf to warrant complete jump removal, which was exactly what happened with the original Stalker jump. Ain't nobody wanted that shit. It was disowned from the start, until the author fixed it, where it was accepted with open arms. Fallout is begrudgingly accepted, despite its obvious flaw, because it's honestly not THAT fucking bad.
And honestly a lot of us are just sick to death of the whole argument and don't give enough of a shit.

Same thing with Pokemon. That's weird, but it doesn't really have enough of an impact to warrant changing. With characters like Lt Surge you can even justify it. So it works for what it's trying to do. It doesn't need to be changed.

It's very much a "good enough" deal. If the thread as a whole really fucking just can't stand some shit, we will let you know. We will let you fucking know. But we are willing to let some shit slide, for better or worse, as long as it's justifiable.

Which is good, because otherwise we'd have less freedom and room to grow. But that's just my personal opinion.
>>
File: image.jpg (712 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
712 KB, 2560x1600
>>43608341
Grimmjow was cool too. I too wish Stark would've survived, he was supposedly the strongest and yet he got taken down like a chump.
>>
>>43607993
Attack on Titan always bothered me from a logistical perspective.

Humanity is suddenly beset by attacks by giants, and forced behind massive walls. Did they have these walls already? What in the world for? Did they build them when the giants showed up? HOW? quarrying and constructing walls that size fast enough would be impossible.

Let's say we're inside those walls now though. where the fuck are we getting food? I know there's shortages in the story, but there ought to be NOTHING. There's nowhere to grow it in there.
>>
>>43608569
There are few things more damning in Shonen than being 'the strongest' if you aren't the hero.

It basically just says "HELLO I AM AN OBSTACLE TO OVERCOME (probably with decapitation)"
>>
File: Jason.jpg (24 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
Jason.jpg
24 KB, 360x360
>>43608525
>The thing about Fallout is almost nobody thinks it's a bad jump.
I think it could use marginally more perks to choose from preferably a number from the different games including more implants you might not be able to get otherwise, some challenge/scenarios like Meat of Champions or a variant of Lord Death, be the protagonist of the respective series, or even DLC perks which exist only there. Fallout is a very popular setting and so much work respectively should go into it.
>>
>>43608595
I figured it was like the earth capital in avatar. Walls big enough there were fields in some quarters.
>>
File: Shunsui.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Shunsui.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>43608655
Honestly I hear what you're saying and agree, but to me this just sounds like an argument for why we should have more than one Fallout Jump spread over multiple settings. There is just so much more we could have to work with.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.