[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #583: Flying By The Seat of Our Pants Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: Jumpchain.jpg (269 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain.jpg
269 KB, 1920x2160
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>43566806
>>
>>43587865
Hello /jc/! How often do you "Play along" with a jump? Or do you prefer to be an OCP to everyone?
>>
>>43587880
I play along with the setting. That is, I use the setting's powers as much as is possible until it's no longer convenient. I don't care for the plot or any characters in it, though. I'll break it apart if I feel the need.
>>
I don't get what happened in the last thread.
>>
>>43587865
Titanfall Universe-
0/1600
Engineer-Rolled for 33
Militia
Free Titan Engineering
Free Aircraft Piloting
Discount What Does This Do?
Discount Synergy of Man and Machine
Discount Cheaper By the Dozens
Lead from the Front
Wartime Economics
Bringing the Future Home
Free Anti-Titan Weapon, Charge Rifle
Free Atlas Titan

Titan Fallout+300
Spectre Camo+300
Free Titan Hanger

The plan is simple. Summon my Jaeger Black Templar. Unleash my Companions, like the Sekirei. Crush the Corrupt Corporation.

>>43587880
The vast majority of the time. Not thing time though. I don't have many excuses to take Black Templar for a spin.
>>
>>43587898
Satan is Jesus and gods are gods.
>>
>>43587908
but do we even have a Demon the Fallen jump?
>>
>>43587918
Nah, just some guy who wants to work on it it seems
>>
>>43587918
I'm planning on making it in the future. Along with some other oWoD jumps. I've wanted a Werewolf one for a long time, and I recently decided that Dark Ages: Vampire would be a good compromise between wanting a full, tabletop jump with all the clans and not stepping on VTMB's toes with a regular VTM one (or being a bit repetitive even if it causes no offense).
>>
>>43588028
>Dark Ages
>I can be my Favorite Clan, before the FUCKING TRAITORS wiped them out
This is joy
>>
>>43588049
Yeah, that's another good thing about Dark Ages. Most of the clans that are dead by the modern nights are still around, so that adds even more distinction. No Cappadocians in a VTM jump, but Dark Ages? Fair game.
>>
>>43588028
honestly I just want a Hunter jump so I can go to WoD without being forced to change species
>>
>>43588028
Has anyone done Mage yet?
>>
>>43588249
Not that I know of
>>
What is your favorite item that you purchased with CP?

Mine has to be the Adaptanator from Princess Bride
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>43588280
It's a tie, we're afraid.

The Sonic Screwdriver from Doctor Who

And the Weirding Module from Dune.

It's amazing what you can do with a Sonic Module Weirding Screwdriver even before all the upgrades, ever, and also making it into an Artifact Spirit.
>>
>>43588280
Based on sheer sentimental value, the Aura Ribbon from PMD.
>>
File: explorer lucario.png (854 KB, 1000x1261) Image search: [Google]
explorer lucario.png
854 KB, 1000x1261
>>43587880
Whenever possible. Head down, don't attract attention unless we feel particularly obligated for various reasons to act.
>>
>>43588313
By what method do you join them?
>>
File: Izumi.Konata.600.222796.jpg (52 KB, 459x600) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.Konata.600.222796.jpg
52 KB, 459x600
>>43588280
914, from SCP. Oh, we have such fun together!
>>
File: AntiSpiral231232.jpg (54 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
AntiSpiral231232.jpg
54 KB, 600x836
>>43588337
Why, via the practice of Nanoalchemy of course: A technique we pioneered early on in our journey using Iji nanotechnology and all the FMA alchemy perks to achieve unprecedented precision in the fusion of two complex devices by etching out microscopic formulae for improved synthesis.
>>
Question - in the Halo Jump, can the Companion options be used as Imports?
>>
File: maggots.png (177 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
maggots.png
177 KB, 540x540
Jumpers, on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, do you take a minute of silence to remember all the battles and those who took part in them across the omniverse?
>>
Hey, is anyone working on a Dissidia/Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy jump? That might be fun.
>>
>>43588280
King's Skull from Aquaria. No boring days ever thanks to that crazy thing.

Adaptionator is also lovely, though.
>>
Hey folks, where nearly at 600 threads Has anything on this board ever had 600 threads?
>>
>>43588203
This
>>
>>43588564
40k, any of the major tabletops or card games, wut dos, memes, etc.

Many have thousands and thousands of threads, they just don't count them because doing so is pointless.
>>
>>43587880
Damn right I'm an out of context problem,Got'a uplift Civilization to a point where people are decent to each other,And the current People in power are always threatened by that.

>>43588280
My computer, it comes in so handy for running the Clark tech Bootleg version of oasis I made, and since it incorporates the world Seed from SAO it's technically a dimension rather than a videogame.
>>
>>43588610
SAO is a video game, dude

Also not all authority is bad. It's certainly preferable to anything you've come up with.

/captain obvious
>>
>>43588690
I'm not saying it's not a videogame, but considering it incorporates bits of the digital world from digimon,Lyoko,And all the Clark tech I've been able to get my hands on It's a videogame functionally indistinguishable from a reality,Hell I used elements of Genesis From D&D in it.
>>
File: konata-sensei.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
konata-sensei.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>43587880
Almost constantly. Although, I also usually end up ridiculously competent, so there's that? But... other than seemingly knowing a shitload of stuff out of nowhere and having killer reflexes, I go out of my way to preserve the "masquerade". I mean, even when I'm building robots and shit, I usually try to justify it in the terms of the jump. "It's magic," or, "It's science!", or, y'know, whatever basic explanation I need to give to make people say, "Oh, okay."
That or I purposefully distance myself from experiments so as to maintain "normalcy", essentially leading a double life for the duration of the jump.
I only break the mask completely when I have completely run out of fucks to give. Usually things start going completely fucknuts shortly thereafter.

So, in that terminology, I guess you could sort of imagine it as like when some ridiculous World of Darkness character interacts with normal humans and is trying not to let them know.
Except I mostly consider myself a scientist.

I am Genius: The Transgression: The Jumpchain.
>>
>>43588808
She's holding it at a twisted angle. You can do it, too, it's just uncomfortable to hold.
>>
>>43588784
>Genius: The Transgression

Hmm. So-you're a low Obligation Hoffnug who's part of the International Union of Artifice, Red's a high Obligation Staunen from the Reformed Society of Progenitors and Anti-Spiral's an Illuminated Grimm who's turned himself into his own Bardos? Or is he with Lemuria?
>>
>>43588924
> low Obligation
Hey, I'm probably like... a solid three dots.
THREE DOTS IS PLENTY.
But yeah, that pretty much fits perfectly.

I think Anti's probably all of the above. Like I don't think he'd actually let Lemuria tell him what to do, but he might "play nice" with them, insofar as not trying to murder them while he keeps them in line and tries to mold them into something more... uh... "stable".
He is almost certainly burning out from the inside with Illumination.
>>
/jc/ When have you dealt with someone wanting to waifu you?

It was in Tsukihime when I realized I could get rid of Arcueid's thirst. So I did. After she killed Roa, she dragged me around like a lost puppy and demanded she be podded once she found out I had an empty one.

Anyway how much of a heart attack would the Church have if they found out Arcueid could use her full power without turning into a Demon Lord?
>>
File: Arcueid.png (1 MB, 936x1836) Image search: [Google]
Arcueid.png
1 MB, 936x1836
>>43589015
>Getting husbando'd by best girl
Such a terrible fate anon.

>Anyway how much of a heart attack would the Church have if they found out Arcueid could use her full power without turning into a Demon Lord?
I'm guessing all of them.
>>
>>43587880
Going all out in just about any setting is going to bring attention to myself, which distracts me from learning about the tech, magic, or anything unique about a setting. It also could interrupt any training or projects which I am working on. And that just won't do

So, I try to do my best not to get involved. If I do, it's in small ways, or at the very least doesn't draw to much unwanted attention to myself. And for the few times I need to go all out on someone, or something, I have some perks that let me get away with it.
>>
>>43589015
>demanded she be podded
>pods
Not even once.
>>
Is there any ability that gives one the ability to make their own dimensional storage sort of like the Warehouse but you can jam organics in it and they wont die?
>>
>>43589269
Prehistoric Park (Carnivores)?
>>
>>43589269
BIOMEGA has the necklace. There's still the matter of providing temperature and food, however.

Carnivores is also good.
>>
>>43588280
SCP-999.

It's adorable.
>>
File: TtJahDf19QZqfOcYIeAp47TQ.jpg (9 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
TtJahDf19QZqfOcYIeAp47TQ.jpg
9 KB, 217x232
>>43589269
If you can figure out how to make a Bag of Holding from D&D (Craft Wondrous Item + 5th Lvl Wiz Spell: Secret Chest), you can technically do it. It's not the dimensional space that kills them. It's the lack of air when you close the bag.
If you can figure out how to counter that, which shouldn't be too hard for a sufficiently motivated jumper, then you've got your storage.
Although, you still need carry around a bag or chest or other thing to act as the gateway. But if you need to smuggle some soldiers in somewhere or transport a rabid badger or something like that, it's an option for you.

>>43589015
Normally I just let them follow me around like a lost puppy, because it's funny. They're never getting any and I tell them they're never getting any but they follow me around anyway. It's funny!

There have been a couple times, though...

Finn got a crush on me in Adventure Time. Because of course he fucking did. And this was way before I really was into the whole "low end emotional torture for my amusement" kick, and I actually LIKED Finn, so I pretty much told him straight up, "That's not gonna work, dude."
Then I gave him some relationship advice, which pretty much amounted to all the other advice you've ever heard, and Finn was sad for awhile, and then he moved on.

Actually, prettymuch the same thing happened with my PMDPartner, halfway through PMD. And I was straight up with him, too.
Except he still travels with me.
So sometimes that's awkward.
>>
>>43588491
There was a moment, right after Light of Terra. A memorial service, for those fallen in the line of battle - for those I would never see again. For those I could not save, because I was too weak - too afraid of the Warp to so much as reclaim what made me myself in the beginning.

I didn't even get to take the bodies with me, to bury someplace better.
>>
>>43588491
I have a small memorial to all those that I've lost, or that have died while fighting by my side. A constant reminder to take care when I go to battle. It sits in the Warehouse, as a beautifully simple sphere of pure crystal, cut in such a way to catch and reflect light.

It's why I have switched to drones as my primary army, I don't want to see people needlessly die if it can be avoided.
>>
>>43588491
I've got a small memorial garden on the LoT. You can't save everyone, and you can't dwell on that, but you should reflect on it. That's what that garden is for.
>>
This is going to become a daily thing for me unless someone (forgot his name) updates the Destiny Jump to include the recent bits (House of Wolves and Taken King, since I'm assuming it only includes stuff from Dark Below at its current incarnation).

Also, I want to bring companions with me, darnnit!

Please, please, please update it. Or else.
thank you.
>>
>>43588280
The Motorcycle from Persona, damn thing can be summoned at will, doesn't break, and looks badass.
>>
File: the memes jack.png (154 KB, 769x569) Image search: [Google]
the memes jack.png
154 KB, 769x569
>>43589547
>Or else.
>>
>>43589015
Arturia in the King Arthur jump.

Yeah, that... I wasn't planning on that.
>>
>>43589547
I don't see anything in jump that says you can't bring your companions with you, just no companion import option.
>>
File: chardent.png (140 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
chardent.png
140 KB, 500x282
>>43588280
My sword, the Shushu Chardent. The foulmouthed blaggart who is as much ally as foe.

I find the fumbling romance he has with my laptop to be terribly adorable.
>>
>>43589015
The Dragon drawback from The King Arthur jump.
I thought I was being clever by trying to distract it with the Excalibur drawback.
I thought the dragon would at the very least spend fifty percent of its time trying to get me and the other trying to get Excalibur.
I was wrong.
I suffered greatly.
>>
>>43588028
VtM full jump would be great. I just didn't as I'm a lazy lazy man and it seems like a lot of work. Dark Ages would also be great though.
>>
>>43588280
Infinite Snack Cakes.
>>
>>43589616
Which makes things complicated. What if I wanna put together a Guardian fireteam? That requires a companion import option, correct?
>>
File: bomb jump.gif (2 MB, 449x266) Image search: [Google]
bomb jump.gif
2 MB, 449x266
>>43589619
>fumbling romance with your laptop

Have you perhaps considered telling us more?
>>
>>43589682
You could still put together a fireteam, they just wouldn't be Guardians, so they probably wouldn't get abilities from the Traveler. But a persistent jumper could probably find a way to do it anyways.
>>
Hello 4chan, I'm new around here, but I've been writing an Undertale jump on space battles, but heard that someone was already writing one here, I was hoping to get in touch with them so I could help contribute with what I already have.

Link to google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15dmzu2X9RLoxDJDWA1T6QSbYRcZdxi0Fha6Ydnoc4VQ/edit
>>
SAO, when I'm in the virtual world do I get copy of all my equipment?
>>
>>43588386
No, the jump was written before the idea of imports.
>>
>>43589682
>Which makes things complicated. What if I wanna put together a Guardian fireteam? That requires a companion import option, correct?
No?

Just have them join the Guardians like any other shmo. Failing that, they could just run around with you and do strikes as part of your fire team without being Guardians.

Demanding updates doesn't work, anon.
>>
File: Oh you grot.jpg (196 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
Oh you grot.jpg
196 KB, 780x780
>>43589547
You're asking Mib / Reborn / Re-mib.

To make something better.
>>
>>43589547
If it cheeses you so much, just make a Taken King jump. There are plenty of other jumps that exist simultaneously in the same universe, and enough was changed mechanically that the perks could all be different, so I don't see the problem.
>>
>>43589579
I mean it...

Or else.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 848x1199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 848x1199
>>43589015
If they're attractive I might consider bedding them. If not I ignore them. Even if they are attractive if they're not attractive in personality wise then I'll ignore them. If they continue their course of actions then I would have no choice but to beat then within inch their life. Should they crawl back again after the beating, I give them two outs. Die now by my hand, or be a play thing for the Choir Of Lost Voices.

I don't have a waifu (as of yet), closest thing would be Selvaria Bles. We were politically married once, in Dragon Commander. She was the Elven princess, but we didn't consummate the marriage.
>>
>>43589683
Judging by the sword's name, that's Lucarioanon. They've got a pastebin somewhere with their jumps and short stories.
>>
So, uh. We sometimes talk about introducing emotions to beings that don't have them (or just positive emotions to beings that don't feel them), but is that actually always a good idea?

I mean, what if I teach a killbot to feel love and then it falls in love with killing and thus commits EVEN MORE genocide?
>>
File: Benis.png (137 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Benis.png
137 KB, 500x500
>>43587880
I prefer to set certain restrictions on myself for the vast majority of the jump, but will definitely be showing off some shit the locals have never seen before. I prefer to keep it low-key disturbance-wise though, so people can cope thinking "oh, just another kind of alchemy", or "Man, those are some really advanced biotics", and then pull off a big reveal towards the end, showcasing something huge and revealing my power level. Think having the Light of Terra blast a reaper fleet out of the void in Mass Effect, or punching Loki in the face with full-blast post-alpha psyker powers in the MCU

>>43588280
Probably the Legendary Item from Percy Jackson that I blew a ton of CP on.

I was a son of Macha, an aspect of The Morrigan, so I built/bought a Raven Cloak, which inspires fear in my enemies and courage in my allies, lets me hover like an inch off the ground, and allows me to "see" souls.

Oh, and when inactive it's a comfy hoodie
>>
>>43588508
Yes.
>>
File: sig.jpg (8 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
8 KB, 150x150
>>43587865
Continuing from last thread:

Body Mod
>Build
Medium
>Body Type
Athlete
>Stats
Strength--2
Endurance--3
Speed--2
Dexterity--2
Appeal--2
Shape--1
Sense--0
>Perks
Flexibility
Metavore

Warehouse
>Utilities
Electricity
Plumbing
HVAC
>Structure
Shelving
Workshop
Medbay
Terminal
>Miscellaneous
Loft
Free Space
Stasis Pod
Return

Next build incoming.
>>
>>43590541
Is that a "yes, I am" or a "yes, someone is"? If it's the latter I'ma take a wild guess and say it's Dirge
>>
>>43590663
That pentagram meant for something in your warehouse or just a unrelated picture?
>>
>>43587880
I act as a janitor regardless of setting right up until the big final fight. Then I help the heroes fight the main villain while saying stuff like
>Time to take out the trash!
>Looks like I'm gonna have to clean up your act!
>I'm gonna mop the floor with this guy!
>>
>>43590701
>pentagram
>penta
I don't think you know what that word means
>>
>>43587865
>>43590663

Jump 2: Strike Witches
>Background
Alias: Jane Doe
Sex: Female
Drop-In
>Starting Location
Pay for Free Choice: Liberion (Arctic Fox Familiar)
>Striker
Fighter--focus on speed and maneuverability, act as interceptor. 1000km range
First Generation--propeller-driven, very agile but limited speed
Experimental XF4-U1 Corsair--fuck yeah
>Perks
Defensive Sign "Directional Shield"--round energy shield, deflects attacks
Restoration Sign "Top Gun Conditioning"--high g-force tolerance make sharper turns possible
Technomage--able to repair, maintain, and modify Striker Unit
Perception Sign "Flowless Awareness"--know the position of every visible entity within a 1km range
Restoration Sign "Genki"--run full tilt for 16 hours, but drop for 8. Large mana pool
Weapons
General Purpose Machine Gun--Thompson M1
Unguided Bombs--dropped explosives, capacity 6
Pistol--Colt M1911A1 (2)
>Gear
Call Sign--Juicy Contradiction
Bomber Jacket--bomber jacket with regiment patch and call-sign embroidered
Striker Artificer Toolkit--all tools need to repair, maintain, modify, and build a working Striker Unit
Avionics Watch--complete avionics package miniaturized into watch. Contains Clock, Altimiter, Compass,
>Drawbacks
Discipline--CO has it in for me for duration of Jump
Rival--Witch that hates me for duration of Jump
>>
>>43590725
Post was too long.

Join US Navy Striker Team, eventually get assigned as Lieutenant to the unit on the Enterprise, which patrols the Mediterranean near Algiers. Duty is to intercept any Neuroi heading from the Gallia/Karlsland hive towards Africa. Also tend to test most of the latest innovations and prototypes, including the Corsair Strikers, several different weapons, and new defenses. Official position is logistics officer, putting me in charge of making sure everyone is fully equipped when going out on a mission. Intense, but rather one-sided rivalry with Lieutenant Carol Archer, also from Liberion, who acts sort of like the team sniper. Use duties as Logistics Officer to accrue favors from others on the squad by getting them "certain things." Take free option at end to resume male.

Also, here's some writefaggotry: http://pastebin.com/9pzUVEAE
>>
>>43590716
No I do not it seems but I just woke up so sue me.
>>
>>43590701
Is a sort of insignia I've adopted. Have it on all my things, and it becomes a signature in places where there's no real writing system.

>>43590716
octagram?
>>
>>43589992
Those exist at a different temporal point in time. That isn't the case here.
>>
File: prince-symbol.jpg (8 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
prince-symbol.jpg
8 KB, 460x300
Jumpers! What's your special insignia? Do you even have one? What do you use it for?

Do you use the same one for everything, or do you have more than one?
>>
>>43589562
I like the book club better. Not only do I get 4 perks for the cost of 3 from it, but I keep getting more books! They don't improve me the same way, but still - 120 unique books per Jump, times a coup hundred Jumps, means I'm going to have quite the library when I'm done.

To say nothing of how many I accumulated during Civilization, Tropico, Master of Magic, and other long-runners.
>>
File: corsair.jpg (84 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
corsair.jpg
84 KB, 1280x1024
>>43590725
>>43590738
>Vought Corsair
>In the dark naval blue with yellow stripe instead of the flat grey-blue of the marine corsairs
Excellent taste in period aircraft.
>>
>>43590926
I'm not creative enough, so I just draw moths on everything.
>>
File: Mandalskullthreeslash.png (31 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
Mandalskullthreeslash.png
31 KB, 300x350
>>43590926
I don't have a special one but I have one that I usually put on my armor and ships which is pic related.
>>
>>43590926
See >>43590663
and >>43590781

>>43590969
The whole fan-wanked backstory about being in the Navy was to get that particular plane.
>>
>>43590926
Usually a raised fist gripping the midpoint of a blade, against a scarlet background if it's on a banner or flag. In more aggressive circumstances, it's the same sword, a horizontal cavalry sabre, with the blade edge a deep red. We'll suffer your blows and turn them back on you tenfold.
>>
>>43589809
Undertale Anon is pretty rarely seen around here - all we really know is that he's alive. Wish you luck getting in touch with him.

Out of curiosity, any other double-Jumps you'd like to bring to our attention?
>>
>>43590716
Looks kinda like pedantagram to me.
>>
>>43590926
Ever since King Arthur it's been a gold alicorn rampant on a crimson crest.
>>
>>43589809
Random question, unrelated to this specific version of the jump - would Power of Dominance make you invincible in Undertale?
>>
>>43591324
Why would it? Make your case.
>>
>>43591324
Power of Dominance doesn't prevent people from causing damage to your soul from direct attack. It prevents them from controlling or corrupting it.
>>
>>43591324
It would make it impossible for another monster to absorb your soul, but it wouldn't stop them from killing you. So, no.
>>
>>43590926
Silver winged lightning bolt over a blue star

What can I say, I'm a simple man with simple tastes.
>>
>>43591324
No, but bringing your podded John Cena into Undertale guarantees flawless victory.
>>
>>43591506
>podded John Cena

But how would you convince him to get in the pod if you can't see him?
>>
>>43591549
It's gotta be the work of an enemy stand
>>
>>43589015
Supergirl.

I used psionics and really good acting to convince everyone that I was a really squishy super, and she was always trying to save me from things.
>>
>>43590926
I usually just use the Ouroborous from Fullmetal Alchemist. Mind, I only adopted it long after that jump, and I was never part of Father's gang... because I was part of Greed's.
I just happen to think the whole symbolism of the whole thing is pretty good. Endless cycles of death and rebirth (repeating every ten years), and alchemy acting as a form of magic through scientific study. It's sortof become a catch all for my whole... thing.
I use it as exactly that: a signifier for when I want to say "I MADE THIS", but don't particularly want to go to the trouble of making myself known through public circles. So, like... some ninjas from Hidden Cloud will stumble into one of my "research stations" and find all kinds of huge machines that have the ouroboros engraved on them. Or the robots that I built to fight Saitama will all have the ouroboros on them. Or even just the ruins I looted will, on the final (now empty) treasure chest way in the back, have the ouroboros painted on it.
I think it adds a nice touch.

Although, for some reason, the Ironwood Slugger I got from Winnie The Pooh has a windmill on it. Not sure what's up with that.
>>
>>43591549
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE!

SEE THE INVISIBLE!

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
>>
>>43591549
If you were a Stand user you could do it.
>>
>>43591506
>mfw there are jumpers without a podded John Cena
Half the fun of /jc/ is getting into a shit situation and then breaking the glass on the pod, glass labeled Break In Case of Emergency, I might add, and hearing that glorious theme ring through the multiverse.
>>
File: jackal head.png (6 KB, 308x400) Image search: [Google]
jackal head.png
6 KB, 308x400
>>43590926
Me and my companions never really settled on a group insignia but we're as close as family (closer really considering the hivemind) and developed a color scheme of sorts we use when we need to be identified as a group we call it our clan colors. They look pretty nice on a scarf actually.

I have a personal insignia from our time in Webmage, where I more or less had to have one as a minor chaos power as befitting my status as a 'house' of my own. Its a stylized silhouette of a jackal, reminiscent of Anubis' head in reference to the legends of Hermanubis considering my lineage in that jump. Cadwgan also shares it with me at the rare formal occasions we break it out for.

Mairwen also has her own color and insignia she earned becoming an archmage in Age of Ice for formal events. A deep purple dye derived as a side effect from an industrial method in the Lacuirp ore processing facilities with their sign being a long-stemmed music note textured like a masonry tower.

Ariel and Arawn share an insignia. They had it designed for a costume party back in the Hollywood jump, a mostly standard heraldry design with a rampant lion and a cwn annwn. It was meant just for wearing at a couple of themed parties but it kinda stuck.

Ronan and Ffion use a simple silver and gold full moon as their emblems respectively.

Aderyn and Bran use crossed arrows with fletching matching their respective feather colors on a small bronze shield as their insignia.
>>
>>43591098
This is my first time writing a jump, so I don't have any other doubles to report that I know of. I'd just like to be able to collab on items and stuff. I'm not entirely sure how to balance items, and I want to compare notes on perks in particular.
>>
>>43589015
All of Tenchi Muyo was this, and I get into these situations whenever possible.

The solution is to waifu them back.
>>
>>43589809
Well, that's neat. Good luck finding him, though. He mostly just shows up to say he's alive before vanishing.
>>
>>43591634
What kind of emergency would justify that level of firepower? Apart from Saitama Hates You, You Made Her Cry and Rage of Kratos of course.
>>
>>43591712
When you've maxed out your drawbacks in Tenchi, and the Chousin have you on the ropes. . . Who else would you trust to tap into the fight on your side?
>>
>>43591739
But wouldn't that prove to them that a god greater than they exists?
>>
>>43591603
>Supergirl.
Man, I wish. Her and Peeg are my earliest crushes. DC was a very early jump for me, though, so I didn't mingle much with the heavy hitters.
>>
>>43591753
Fuck you, anon. You made me cough soda out my nose.
>>
>>43591766
I left the supers jumps until quite late, precisely because I knew that the threats could get ridiculous. I spent most of my time as a telekinetic masquerading as a science hero called Think Tank, manipulating metal around my body like an Iron Man suit.

I laughed my face off whenever someone tried something 'clever' like an EMP or a virus.
>>
>>43591739
That is so memetic and awesome, I hope someone does that.
>>
>>43591634
It occurs me that Cena's basically just the new Chuck Norris.
Like Norris, Cena has one weakness.
John Stewart
>>
Which Jump gives the best psychic powers, Jumpers? Telekinesis, telepathy, and all that good stuff?

I want to try an entirely 'mind over matter' chain.
>>
>>43591926
For once, Worm falls short.

Light of Terra/40K and Alpha Centuari solidly take this.
>>
>>43591926
Worm
>>
>>43591926
I like Raildex's flexibility.
>>
>>43591926
Also-should mention Evangelion, Raildex and Starcraft as worthy runner-ups.
>>
>>43591926
Psychonauts also provides some good variety and utility without the risk of 40k
>>
>>43591965
>explicit absence of telepathy
>everything is just really smart processors

0/10, see me after class Simurgh
>>
>>43591958
True, but those are hardly where someone should get started. How well do the Pokepowers develop over time?

>>43591965
Are there actual psionics in Worm?

>>43591969
Huh, never considered that. I'll take a look, although IIRC Raildex's 'espers' aren't really all to do with mental powers at all.

>>43591977
That's true!
>>
>>43591990
You asked for the best, not for the most accessible. By nature of your question there's no reason to consider any other jump except 40k.
>>
>>43592007
but with Psychonauts the potential for the full range of powers at least is free and comparatively low risk
>>
>>43591926
F.E.A.R has some alright stuff
>>
>>43591926
Alpha Centauri is mostly telepathy focused but can get you some absurdly good stuff in that field. Also includes a general psionics booster as one of the capstones.
>>
>>43591990
No psionics in Worm at all.

Also, PokéPowers develop to about Level 100 Gardevoir (with corresponding Psychic Moves like Psywave)
>>
>>43592099
depends too heavily on whether anon is a minmaxer since risk is usually a non factor to minmaxers. just burn several prep jumps and you're good to go.
>>
>>43592195
Isn't that based on Pokedex bullshittery though?

I'm not a poke fan, but it seems like whenever poke power levels are brought up they're also brought into question.
>>
>>43592550
No, psywave is a pokemon move. As in, you can actually watch it performed.
>>
>>43592195
>>43592550
>>43592616

But no miniature black holes?
>>
>>43592625
Gravity wells, maybe.

But general consensus here and elsewhere is the Pokedex is written by 14 year olds and thus should be taken with a grain of salt.
>>
>>43592914
I feel like dismissing it all as wrong would be misguided, though. It's important to weigh each entry and all information it contains.
>>
So what space jumps are good for flaunting my giant di- I mean Light of Terra?
>>
>>43592989
Its generally when things seem super absurd. Like alakazam's IQ, or the black holes, or slugma being hotter than stars, or wailord being pretty light but he should be a satellite by pokedex entry, etc.

The more straightforward ones like 'pikachu sometimes gets zapped on the tail by lightning' seem correct. Like someone could watch some pikachu and be like 'yep, they shock berries and get hit by lightning sometimes.'
>>
>>43587865
It's me again, Margaret. Good to be male again, though I could do without the lack of thumbs.

Jump 3: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
>Self
Eevee
Alias: John
Sex: Male
>Partner
Emmy (Companion Import)
>Perks, Skills & Moves
Any Four Eevee attacks (Refresh, Swift, Iron Tail, and Wish)
Increased Strength, Endurance, Speed, Agility
Combat Diagnostics--accurately approximate own remaining health & PP
Multitalent--enhanced endurance. 1.5x PP reserves. Only need 4 hours of sleep per day
Hyperkinesis--perfect balance, motor skills, control, etc. minimum reaction time.
Map Surveyor--mental map, detect magnetic north, never be lost
>Items, Gear, & Supplies
Explorer/Rescue Badge--twice per day, teleport to entrance of building or structure currently in.
Wonder Map--self-charting map, marks any wall or structure visible. 10ft to 10mi range.
Treasure Bag--bigger on the inside, usable by any pokemon.
>Starting Town
Rolled 8: Pick Pokemon Square
>Drawbacks
Distrusted--most other pokemon don't trust for duration of Jump

Don't know enough of what's supposed to happen to be able to follow the plot exactly, so mostly just go around making stuff up as I go and hanging out with Emmy. At end, Emmy and I gain ability to flip between Eevee and Human forms at will.
>>
>>43590926
I am a Kamen Rider, I assume I have a sigil, and I know I've discussed this before both in-thread and in the IRC.
But I don't fucking remember it.

>>43591603
>Super girl
God damn it! I knew I had forgotten something from my Harem List. Time to add on "Kara Zor'el, and all alternative versions of her"
>>
>>43593025
Mass Effect. Definitely Mass Effect.
>>
File: image.jpg (312 KB, 1300x1285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312 KB, 1300x1285
>>43590926
>>
I've made a slight update to this Jump. Nothing in terms of perks or drawbacks, just some wording differences.
>>
>>43593107
I'm uncomfortable carting a harem around the multiverse, if only because my supreme ability to affect their movement (Warehouse, import, return to their setting) feels a little too much like incarceration to me.

I make an exception for Pokemon, sufficiently CRAZY Companions (like Dante, whom I know won't give a shit about where he is as long as there's pizza, strawberry sundae, and a good fight waiting for him), and refugees like 108 Sekirei, who're on their way to better things.
>>
>>43591603
Too bad her show sucks. Ratings for it is dropping pretty fast. It seems to have a lower budget than Flash or even Arrow. Maybe they should've hired an actress who's nudes are all over the Internet.
>>
>>43592989
Normally I would agree with you in principle, but if the pokedex were to be taken literally then it would raise questions like "why is the planet still intact after consecutive pokemon battles?" and "are we all under the control of a shadowy cabal comprised solely of hypeintelligent pokemon?"
>>
>>43593158
I feel that open communication with your harem can mitigate this. As a jumper you are just as unable to control your movement between worlds as they are. Also, in my headcanon Jumpchan will also be willing to send any of my companions back/let them stay in jumps they like if they want to leave me.
>>
File: image.png (217 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
image.png
217 KB, 500x379
>>43593125
Halo too.

>Covenant's faces when
>>
>>43593150
What differences? Did you make the jump?
>>
File: Emblem.png (32 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Emblem.png
32 KB, 800x600
>>43590926
One gorillion hours in MS Paint.
>>
>>43593261
> Jumpchan

Good point. I'm the guy in whose headcanon Jumpchan is a future daughter reaching back in time to make sure she gets born; the harem process is as much Jumpchan choosing a mom as anything else.
>>
>>43593050
To be fair, I'm pretty sure Wailord is supposed to be light.

Isn't it the Float Whale Pokemon after all?
>>
>>43593266

I made the jump. Sorry for not saying that earlier. I was just clarifying benefits to some of the origins.
>>
>>43593198
My post was saying to consider the pokedex entries independently to decide which are true and which are not, instead of believing or dismissing all.
>>
>>43593286
I like that headcanon
>>
>>43593025
>>43593125
This.
The barrel of the Hydra rex is about twice the length of the Normandy, the LoT, a warship, rivals the citidael, one the hugest architectural marvels ever found.
>>
>>43593315
Thank you!

It arose from the big question of what Jumpchan might look like. Under the theory, she... she doesn't look like anything. A vaguely female-shaped blur. As haremettes come and go, her features become clearer and more distinct. The Jumpchain for Jumpchan is sort of like that theory that people have, that the universe is God's way of knowing himself —the Jumper's adventures are Jumpchan's way of knowing who she is and where she comes from.

Except during the Light of Terra. She was so terrified because for the duration of that Jump, she didn't exist.
>>
>>43593295
Yeah, but that's more or less to float on water. Not blur the line between atmosphere and vacuum.
>>
>>43593325
In ways it crushes the size of the Citadel, as the citadel is hollow, only having structures things on the arms/wards. As where the LoT is solid.
>>
>>43593385
And that is before our most recent ridiculousness with SupCom and Five Star Stories.

By then, everyone just points at you and buy new pants.
>>
>>43593508
Goddamn small phone buttons. Mean for this >>43593325.
>>
Anyone know whatever happened to that Dynasty warriors jump? I was pretty excited when I seen the progress on it for some time. Did the creator leave or something?
>>
>>43593025
Star Trek. Show those closet fascists what real power looks like.
>>
>>43593508
At that size would you even be able to effectively fight other, smaller ships? Your main weapons would obliterate an entire fleet in one shell. Anti-fighter defenses and add-ons like the micro-laser defense grid would be required to pick off individual ships
>>
>>43593602
Scaled point defense drone fleets.
>>
>>43593025
You take that baby to Outlaw Starr and you'll get all the Ctarl Ctarl bitches you want.
>>
>>43593629
Until they turn into giant monsters that want to eat you.
>>
>>43593602
One of the upgrades for the LoT in the DLC is an insanely efficient Micro-laser defense grid to pick off fighters and boarders.
>>
>>43593628
>Your drones are the size of everyone else's heavy cruisers.

Do. It.
>>
>>43593642
>implying a mere Ctarl Ctarl could eat a jumper
Please, a mid to late jumper may end up being worshipped by those glorious wackos.
>>
>>43593602
There's an IG upgrade that gives you sweet as BSG'esq point defense.
>>
>>43593686
That is debatable since it would largely depend on what a mid to late jumper has focused on.
>>
>>43593676
>Send out Titans to fight off boarding parties
>Taking the bridge is like the Battle for Berlin
>Landing in a hangar is like Saving Private Ryan
>>
>>43593642
Good thing I've got eight levels of endowment.
>>
>>43593718
I could do it, but then my build focuses heavily on "Punch it until it stops moving"
>>
>>43593602
What you need to do is get miniaturization tech and fill every spare inch of LuxembourgLoT with infinite ammo missile launchers.
Embody the Itano Circus.
>>
File: it was this big.jpg (53 KB, 650x380) Image search: [Google]
it was this big.jpg
53 KB, 650x380
>>43593728
>16+ inches
>>
File: I am so getting banned.png (207 KB, 569x1280) Image search: [Google]
I am so getting banned.png
207 KB, 569x1280
>>43593728
Dink pls just go and stay go.
>>
>>43593728
Do you have the biology to support that?
>>
>>43593747
Justice isn't your strategy usually punch things that aren't justice and fuck bitches? Basically being a Paladin/Bard
>>
>>43593728
I don't think even they are THAT deep
>>
>>43593642
That's called 'foreplay'.
>>
>>43593804
Alpha-level biomancer.
>>
>>43593727
I would let people invade my LoT just for battles like this. They would never win, but it would be legendary,
>>
>>43593805
To be fair, I take tons of Science/Magitech/Anything that lets me makes stuff perks as well.
But yes, usually my MO is "Punch Bad Guys, Redeem if possible, then love Waifus"
>>
>>43593728
>>43593852
Throw Worm'esq cartoon physics in there and you're a solid fanfiction.net protagonist.
>>
>>43593912
To be fair, we're all fanfiction protagonists at this point
>>
So has anyone during their 40k jump ever run the gauntlet at Molech to get more power?
>>
>>43593961
To be fair, you were a fanfiction protagonist since you first jumped Pokemon.
>>
>>43593853
Jumper scenarios are fun to imagine sometimes
>Shattered fleets
>Broken worlds
>Trillions dead
>Slightly scratched LoT
>Jumper sits in the bridge sipping tea
>"Damn that was a fun Saturday"
>>
>>43593968
what
>>
>>43593989
Molech, a chaos tainted world where Horus got enough power to throw down with Emps.
>>
>>43594013
>Messing with Chaos ever
>>
>>43594013
I think that's what was there anyway. Might be wrong.
>>
File: sinning at maximum velocity.jpg (118 KB, 524x810) Image search: [Google]
sinning at maximum velocity.jpg
118 KB, 524x810
>>43593961
>tfw you've written like fifty pages of really really bad fanfiction for one jump and its still growing
Someone please stop me, I am living garbage.
>>
>>43594073
We were always garbage anon.
>>
>>43593961
>implying I haven't literally written fanfiction about this
>implying I don't daydream about this
You underestimate my capacity for escapism
>>
I'm thinking about doing the Strike Witches jump, there anything that should take priority in getting?

>>43594097
>Ma dark brethren
>>
>>43594073
Jump into the trash can with your computer and then continue writing.

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Be the bee you were always meant to be.
>>
>>43594073
Nobody told you yet? Silly anon, this ride never ends.
>>
>>43594121
But I need it to end
So I can write even worse fanfiction about the next jump.
>>
>>43594073
Link?
I crave writefaggotry.
>>
>>43594097
>>43594073
>Not knowing I wrote a fanfiction suspiciously similar to jumpchain a decade ago, but I never put it online for other people to read.
Believe me bros, I understand. I've considered doing some writing about specific moments in my adventure, but I'm not a good writer.
>>
>>43594168
Sixstrings why ya gotta be so thirsty.
>>
>>43594284
Sorry bro, just an anon who has Jumper's Syndrome something fierce
>>
>>43594316
All good Anon.

Six is just a pest for it.
>>
So,what are recommendation for a new jumper for his 1st few jumps?
>>
>>43594379
Go ravenloft, dark sun or Nechronia.
>>
Mecha Import questions.

Not interested in having a continent-sized LoT because my dick is bigger, but I'm trying to find all of the import options where one can import a Mecha or similar vehicle into the position of a mecha. Namely as I want to keep one single machine throughout my Chain.

If there are any car, ship, plane, or similar imports - those'll be useful as well. I know I want to take a plane from Ace Combat (or similar) and import it into Macross (for veritech fighter mode) and then into Supernatural (for the car mode) at the start of this adventure.
>>
>>43594284
>>43594334
When I ask for writefagging, I use my trip.
That way, you can channel your hate for it, and use it as fuel for your literary endeavors.
>>
>>43594379
You can do Pokemon, or not do Pokemon and go for a low power familiar setting.

>>43594393
Redline, Five Star Stories, the many Gundam jumps, Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>43594418
But you don't have a tripcode...
>>
>>43594393
A few options.
>Full Metal Panic
>Armored Core
>GUNDAM
>Pacific Rim
>Code Geass
>Transformers
and probably a lot more
>>
>>43594379
Pokemans Mystery Dungeon, Mario, Digimon
>>
>>43594379
Well do you jump settings you're not familiar with, and is there anything specific you want out of your first couple? Do you have specific jumps you want to prepare for like LoT or Worm?
>>
I've been convinced. How do I upgrade my LoT from 35kms long to over 200kms?
I may as well go from Manhattan Sized to Nation sized. Then fill it to the brim with beings of my own creation.
>>
>>43594493
Go to SupCom, take experimental ACU.

Go to Five Star Stories, take the option to increase its size by 125%.
>>
>>43594493
I think it was SupCom jump then Five Star Stories Jump to get her that big.
>>
>>43594453
Indeed I do not.
look man I'm poor goddamnit
>>
>>43594073
Plant your roots in the thread.
Be a shining light to your jumpers in arms, even in failure.
>>
>>43594471
Want to go to worm and 40k after 10/15 jumps and prefer settings that i know,but besides that,whatever.
>>
>>43594506
>>43594509
You NEED to do the SupCom import first? Damn, oh well, I'll redo the build
>>
>>43594536
Nah, by the math it works either way.
>>
>>43594390
Thanks anon.
>>
File: aku laughs.gif (895 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
aku laughs.gif
895 KB, 640x480
>>43594559
>>
>>43594528
Well what settings do you know? Cause that preference usually removes a good 40 - 50% of the available jumps.

If you're a minmaxer there are some jump combinations that can basically be gamed to prep you for almost anything, but that's a matter of preference.

40k itself is pretty survivable without significant prep work, and really if you have some sort of growth combination + civilization you'll be good within one/two jumps. Worm can be settled with just speechcraft alone.

Are you a companion build? A story driven build? Just minmaxing? Pure Magic/Str. etc? Multiversal Tourist?
>>
>>43594456
Building up on this anon's list, using >>43594440 :

>Super Robot Wars
>Supreme Commander
>Zoids Legacy
>Five Star Stories
>Redline
>Gurren Lagann
>>
Would it be unwise to import a shipgirl into 40k as a Space Marine? I'm tempted to just to get their reaction.
>>
>>43594682
You get a pretty ugly female marine.
>>
>>43594682
>Is it unwise to turn my cute girl into a roided out, hulking man with absolute loyalty to a bunch of other men and one big man in a chair?
>>
>>43594682
They'd just be a marine. Shipgirl would be an alt form.
>>
>>43594440
>>43594456
>>43594647
Sweet, anywhere else?

>>43594682
You get what we call a Dyke.
>>
>>43594695
>>43594699
>>43594705
>>43594711

>by the throne...

TECH PRIEST IT IS.
>>
>>43594728
And now you're giving your girl mechadendrites (thick mechanical tentacles).
>>
File: 1300542901387.jpg (156 KB, 600x502) Image search: [Google]
1300542901387.jpg
156 KB, 600x502
>>43594728
>Not sure if tech heresy
>>
>>43594773
If you have to think if it's tech heresy then it is tech heresy.
>>
Anyone else playing FO4? It's set both earlier and later than the other FO games, so maybe it could be its own jump?
>>
File: WO CARRIER.jpg (96 KB, 850x601) Image search: [Google]
WO CARRIER.jpg
96 KB, 850x601
>>43594760
>>43594773
>>
>>43594804
Wo
>>
>>43594773
Actually, I don't know that it would be, I mean at worst a shipgirl is a machine spirit that embodies an entire ship, and there is nothing wrong with machine spirits.
>>
>>43594796
Maybe but it would likely be easier to update the existing one. A pre war jump during the Resource wars would be neat though.
>>
File: wo wow.png (224 KB, 549x440) Image search: [Google]
wo wow.png
224 KB, 549x440
>>43594728
>>43594773
So many theological questions.

>Are fairies machine spirits?
>Is the girl herself a machine spirit or an Abominable Intelligence?
>Can we make more of her or is the knowledge lost forever?
>Can we make more shipgirls? What if we turn other ships into shipgirls?
>Do crewmen of shipgirls become fairies?

>>43594804
Nice Wo mate.
>>
>>43594828
>>43594728
And a final one:

>Can we make titangirls?
>>
>>43594602
Learn the magic,tech,get some powers,help the good guys and hopefully not die,until i get powerful enough to make my own worlds and visit other dimensions.Maybe go to marvel,dc,starcraft,mass effect.
>>
>>43594796
I'm waiting for the price to drop, lots of mods to hit, and a certainty that it won't be like playing new veges day one.
>>
>>43594796
if you're willing to make it, go right ahead
>>
>>43594866
wise
>>
>>43594866
reasonable
thankfully it's supposedly better than previous titles at launch thus far, so you shouldn't have to wait the better part of a year
>>
File: WHALE OF A TIME.jpg (160 KB, 850x643) Image search: [Google]
WHALE OF A TIME.jpg
160 KB, 850x643
>>43594852
Ya just either take Brutus with his Warhound you get from LoT or pick one up in the 40k jump and import it to KC.

speaking of that shipgirls count as sort of human yes? does that mean I can grow a bunch of replicant shipgirls? I want to replicate this because reasons.
>>
>>43594950
That depends on whether souls are replicated. Does it just clone people or does it also clone the soul of the machine they are?

If you're doing pic related, then cloning the people should be possible.
>>
>>43594864
Just stick to stuff you know, unless you plan on jumping for a very long time (300+ jumper), you're going to get more enjoyable sticking to things you know rather than taking settings for specific perks/items.

Starcraft/Marvel/Mass Effect will get you enough to survive both 40k and Worm if you play it out smartly.
>>
>>43594970
From the jump itself

>-Replica Cloning Tanks (300CP) (50% off: Replica): Get your forces up and running! By placing a genetic sample into this machine, it can begin to churn out cloned soldiers... soulless, mindless, practically dolls until a psionic commander extends their influence. From there, the work begins. It also comes with a machine to help program combat training, skills, and techniques into them to make them effective fighting forces! Keep in mind non-human or esoteric genetics will be much more difficult for the machine to work with.

so maybe...
>>
File: best titan.jpg (36 KB, 604x400) Image search: [Google]
best titan.jpg
36 KB, 604x400
>>43594852
>titangirls
EU TITAN BEST GIRL
>>
>>43592099
>full range of powers
This is true, especially if you take Three Pounds Of Dreams

>low risk
Well, other than the possibility of waking up to find your brain has been extracted and put in a psychic death tank. Hopefully the MC will rescue you if that occurs.
>>
>>43595010
So you'll basically get an army of near-mindless, robotic young girls.

Eh, give 'em maid uniforms and have fun I guess.
>>
>>43594995
Thank you.
>>
>>43595063
Don't forget the telekinetic bears and the pyrokinetic cougars.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.