[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Pauper General: Investigating Shitbrews Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
>MTGO Pauper Guide
https://www.cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>BUT I WANT TO SEE ALL VIABLE DECKS!
http://tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>WAHHH THATS TO HARD WHERE...
http://www.mtg-hunter.com
The bottom left has a box, select MTGO Pauper, all cards in the card pool and banlist are taken into account.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Goblins
>Stompy
>Slivers
>Affinity
>Mono U control
>UB Teachings
>>
Latest build of my Grixis Madness experiment, looking for last minute ideas and secret techs:

Land (23)
3x Bloodfell Caves
4x Dismal Backwater
1x Evolving Wilds
3x Island
4x Mountain
7x Swamp
1x Terramorphic Expanse

Instant (9)
4x Circular Logic
4x Fiery Temper
1x Strangling Soot

Sorcery (14)
4x Alms of the Vein
2x Call to the Netherworld
2x Chainer's Edict
1x Deep Analysis
3x Faithless Looting
2x Murderous Compulsion

Creature (14)
4x Gorgon Recluse
1x Gurmag Angler
4x Insolent Neonate
2x Merfolk Looter
3x Twins of Maurer Estate
>>
Lads, I'm doing some AI related fuckery to make a bot to play mtg.
What deck is easy AND linear to play?
>>
>>46610034

>>46608952
>>
>>46610065
I wish for it to be fun for myself, not to be the equivalent of driving nails into my dick while listening to filthy frank album on repeat.
>>
>>46608532
Cool deck except you're playing red without bolt.
>>
What's the better deck, Goblins or Burn?
>>
>>46611575
Goblins is a multifocal deck that used to be top of the top, even though it's a beatdown deck. Burn is always hit or miss. I will say Goblins are definitely not popular right now since everyone is carrying anti red sideboarded because of Burn.

Goblins is the better deck, and until Chain Lightening is reprinted Burn isn't worth using at all on paper. The cost is too high for such a mediocre deck, when you can get Stompy, Delver, Affinity, Goblins, etc for half the price a burn deck goes for.

Burn was always a cheaper choice until Chain Lightening came out. You could make a better Burn deck in standard for cheaper than you could in Pauper.
>>
>>46519953
>>46523331
>>46534063

>>46535995
>>46535995
>>
>>46610034
Slivers.
>>
>>46610230
There's Fiery Temper and all the madness enablers but I know it would be better with Bolts. I just want to go full-madness.
>>
>>46616665
>you'll never play with this tripfag
>>
>>46616665
Madness hype train

Wish I snagged tiballt back then
>>
>>46617259
Wish he was on this block, 2 mana planeswalker as an enabler with ocasional Gaze of Adamaro
>>
What are some weird out-of-the box brews you've made with popular archetypes? Something like Temur Kitty, if that's a thing.
>>
>>46620197
Temur Kitty? What's the plan here?

I've been toying with G/B Aristocrats decks, but it's not popular at all
>>
>>46620197
It's not super out there, but I did an esper kitty with trinket mage and squadron hawk. Fun toolbox.
>>
>>46620197
Saw a burn deck with 4x Fiend go 5 and 0. Fiend Burn?
>>
>>46621715
The white portion of the deck becomes stuff like Invasive Species (not the best example but you get it right) and you get to play around with +1/+1 counters or fight effects.
>>
File: Young+Wolf+%5BDKA%5D.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Young+Wolf+%5BDKA%5D.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
Quit fapping over how much money your losing to the new release and get back in here.

One of my friends spent 5k on boosters and cards already. Jesus Christ standard players are shills.
>>
>>46626601
>One of my friends spent 5k on boosters and cards already.
For standard? If so, how...? You could probably get 4x of every card in standard for less than 1000.
>>
>>46626699
Rare/foil hunting, he also makes decks that have their own playset of whatever card.
>>
>>46626601
>5k on boosters
>tfw this is more than what you win in a year
>>
I really need to take the last photos of my pauper gauntlet but I'm waiting on a pair of orders to fill everything that isn't stupid stuff like Chainers Edicts and Relic of pro g.
>>
File: arcana319_fullArt.jpg (166 KB, 620x498) Image search: [Google]
arcana319_fullArt.jpg
166 KB, 620x498
No one will dig through their shit for Commons to sell me because they are too busy spamming the local fb page with want ads and trades.

I hate when a new set is released.
>>
>>46628686
>not snatching commons for 1 cent each because people are too busy fapping over chase mythics and shit so you have all the new interesting cards from the set by day 3
>>
>>46610034

Burn can get you free wins by simply casting all your burn spells the most efficient way possible each turn.
>>
File: OwlStare.png (928 KB, 1015x696) Image search: [Google]
OwlStare.png
928 KB, 1015x696
>21 Days since the Flame Rift card was shipped and it's still not here
>>
>>46631948
Where did you buy it? It's probably gone
>>
File: owl3.jpg (100 KB, 940x705) Image search: [Google]
owl3.jpg
100 KB, 940x705
>>46635006
>Where did you buy it?

America

>It's probably gone

Realistically at this point, I think so too. There's tracking, but it only shows when it left America. I'm giving the seller until the end of the week before I ask for a refund.
>>
>>46635139
>buying cards from Jewmerica

where are you?
>>
File: owlstare.jpg (332 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
owlstare.jpg
332 KB, 1800x1200
>>46635197
Scotland.

There's not many sellers in the UK that have foil Flame Rifts. I've had to pick them all up individually.
>>
File: frogkill.jpg (6 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
frogkill.jpg
6 KB, 250x164
>>46626601
>5k on boosters

What a model goyim
>>
>>46635256
magiccardmaket.eu m8
>>
>>46637330
market*
>>
What can I do to prevent graveyard hate for the dredge deck I'm going to assemble soon? I don't want to buy a deck that will force me to concede round 2 because o a Bojuka Bog or Relic of Prog.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.