[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: stories of the most skilled player you've ever had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: fantasy-sword-warrior-1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fantasy-sword-warrior-1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
ITT: stories of the most skilled player you've ever had in your group.

I'll start.
>have qt blonde roommate
>she's never played D&D or any pnp rpg before
>think: "fuck it, I'll invite her to a game, she lives here so it's convenient"
>we play Labyrinth Lord, she rolls a thief
>don't expect her to survive first dungeon, which was Palace of the Silver Princess
>she kicks off the adventure by throwing a grappling hook into the window of the palace
>inside is Catharandamus, the evil cleric end-boss of the dungeon
>ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing.jpg
>one of the other players (elf) has charm person
>blondie fast talks Catharandamus long enough for the elf to get the spell off
>killed the dungeon's big bad within 30 minutes of beginning her first dungeon literally ever, before she even understands what AC is
>I thought, this must be beginner's luck
>...or was it?

cont'd
>>
Stories that never happened, the thread
>>
>>46161009
>blondie finds cloak and boots of elvenkind (gives utterly silent footsteps and 90% effective invisibility)
>uses them to great effect, ducking behind her followers
>subtly eggs on other players to take all the risks, staying out of harm's way
>other players die over, and over, and over again during our dungeon crawls
>she remains alive
One year later
>she reaches name level
>commands a starship, two wyverns, has slain 3 dragons and a 15th level wizard
>literally her first character
>nobody else I know, even seasoned vets, have survived as long in my games
>what the fuck
>>
>>46161041
I play the older editions because play isn't as boring and predictable as the new editions...maybe this shit isn't plausible these days but old school D&D is dramatic as fuck if you play it right.
>>
>>46161009
Did you bone her?
>>
>>46161009
>>46161095
>>
>>46161095
>>blondie finds cloak and boots of elvenkind
BOTH??
Fucking hell, that's a Monty Haul.
>>
>>46162204
Of course I did, the story is made up anyway.
>>
I really want to play literally any RPG where I don't have to explain the rules over and over and over again. God dammit why can't you just read and memorize how your character (which you yourself made) works, it's 1 page of material.
>>
>>46162920
>>46138411
>>
>>46163862
I only play in person, sorry.
>>
>>46161095
>A starship
>commanding a 15th level wizard to do anything
wut

Otherwise it's not so strange... part of the fun of old school D&D is that player creativity can be a lot more important than stats.

Didn't Uncle Gary say at some point that magic users tended to be the highest level characters in his game (even though they take longer to level up) because they avoid risk and plan ahead instead of relying on high HP or lucky saves to get them out of shit?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.