[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #959: Deep Love Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: 1466961775685.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1466961775685.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48311258
>>
Can we use the companion options in Overlord MMO to pick someone from in setting?
>>
>>48319665
video related?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkrr0guu9cA
>>
>>48319683
Generally unless it says you can you can't.
>>
>>48318988
I remember that discussion, it was a conversation about how to circumvent the companion limit. Dirge had that Aether cage thing and another anon had a collective consciousness where all his companions were shards that could be reabsorbed or released at a moments notice.
>>
I have a stupid question - anyone know if in the SCP jump, you have to be an SCP to take the SCP perks?

The jump doesn't say so, so I'm assuming it's kosher.
>>
>>48319683
Both options are "build a companion," so I'm going off the assumption at most you could make an expy, but not take the real deal.
>>
>>48319781
Don't think you have to be a SCP just to take the perks, no. You'd probably be like one of the weird researchers, or just have the Foundation not knowing of your anomalous properties.
>>
>>48319683
You could make a good likeness but probably not the real thing.
>>
Is the DS Anon around?

Got a thing that needs clarifying
>>
>>48319811
You could post that thing in the same post you ask if he's around.

Much more likely to get an answer.
>>
File: kuroglare.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
kuroglare.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>48319750
I must say I don't remember this at all, it sounds quite interesting though. As far as I knew Dirge just stacked lots and lots of perks for summoning things and spec'd in it whenever possible.

>>48319787
...huh. The idea of an expy sounds pretty ironic as a PC's choice given how Albedo ended up going full yandere because Momonga tampered her code.

"Hi, anon! I'm Alsanna the Delightful Terror, how may I serve you tod-"
"-wrong voice"
"P-pardon?"
"Your voice. It doesn't sound like her's at all. Ugh, this is the last time I dump so much CP for one of the Benefactor's knockoffs"
"Who's she?! Grrr, if some harlot thinks she can take you away from me anon-"
"-and you're not even ACTING like her when she jealous. God, just. Just stop. Just stop DOING things. Everything you do is like someone doing a shitty caricature of best girl"
"I'm sorry! I...I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Anon please, I just want to make you happy, why are you so angry and disappointed?"
"See, that's the problem right there. If you were made RIGHT, you'd be trying to please me regardless instead of angsting about it"

And then OC Donut Steel-chan tried to slit her wrists futilely, finally overcoming her absurd innate regen skills with the help of a World Item...only to be brought back again and again by the companion respawn mechanic until anon banished her into companion storage stasis forever.
>>
>>48319826
He was considering changing accessibility of Monotheist due to null attack.

Now here is a thing:

The deal was that if one uses non elemental pure mana attacks or has an ability to pierce immunities it could get through the null, but isn't that what Almighty is? The non elemental pure mana.

Arguably out of setting stuff could go through but how many things would qualify for that in whole Jumpchain?

In DDS null attack was great but it was a turn game and by doing enough attacks before one recasts Null Attack, they get through. So why not make it like that?

Null attack either having a cooldown, casting time being longer or having super high mans cost might solve the issue instead when applying to real world time
>>
>>48319855
You have made me very sad this morning, Anti-Spiral.
>>
>>48319855
Fuck off.
>>
>>48319855
Well that got depressing REAL quick.
>>
So if the Kamen Rider Wiki's "cereal box stats" aren't to be taken seriously, how the sweet salty Christ do we figure out how strong we are using any of the individual Kamen Rider forms?
>>
>>48319855
Damn, ASA. That's dark.
>>
So A couple days ago I mentioned I would eventually update my first jump. Here it is.
I can't really give a change log as too much was added and tweaked to really mention but nothing was nerfed and any point changes were reductions. Also I gave out more free stuff so hopefully people will be happy.
Anyways I tried to balance things better. I hope people like it. If anyone has any suggestions or criticisms I would be glad to here it.
>>
File: GreenSlime_walk.gif (28 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
GreenSlime_walk.gif
28 KB, 200x200
So, I've been to Adventure Time, Overlord (LN/Anime), TOME, and Monsters Inc... Are there any other jumps that would help me be the best Goo there ever was?
>>
>>48320004
SimAnt for Fire Ant (Water), to give you even better internal alchemy abilities?
>>
>>48320004
forgotten realms to pick out a new kind of goo, Darkstalkers for better control of your goo,X-Men cinematic to form your goo into useful things
>>
>>48319855
Hold up-

Ah, I found it now. I was actually mixing up multiple discussions, the one I was thinking of was the Aethersong cage that OAA figured out, and a conversation where dirge_ was talking with a guy who brought millions of companions with him every jump and folded them all into just 8 at the end o each.
>>
File: red man.png (830 KB, 800x1087) Image search: [Google]
red man.png
830 KB, 800x1087
Deadman Wonderland

17 years old
Inmate 100
Leader 200
Chemist 350
Biochemist 500
Physicist 650
Branch of Sin 950
Wretched Egg 1450
Snake 1550
Pistol 1600
Framed 1300
Lost a Game 1000

Took the science options as they offer pretty outlandish shit and don't cost very much and leader because I had 100 CP left over,

Then I took all the special power options and the option that lets you give other people special powers. Really not a lot to say about this as I figure this is probably just a subtle variation on everyone else who ever made a build for this jump.

Drawbacks means I've lost my left arm (decided by rolls) and some people (not even entirely sure who given the wording of the drawback, might be the government) are after me. Also there's the Wretched Egg thing which indicates I'm going to snap at least once and try to kill everyone I care about.
>>
>>48320002
>Lord of the land
Goddamn, that's cool.

>Just a simple ordinary deck of Cards
...Deck of Many Things is worth 800points?
>>
>>48320002
Great, another update that just shoves in as much power as possible. Generic power too, rather then anything interesting.
>>
>>48320002
Hey, can I go DnD doppelganger for Monstrous?
>>
>>48320036
>Wretched Egg

Are you dumb?
Why would you do this to yourself?
You'd be better off avoiding it and taking fewer drawbacks.
>>
>>48320002
Love Dark Contract and my build is going to have to get altered.
>>
>>48320002
Neat. This update took it from a meh to a top tier jump, IMO. Those capstones are all nice.
>>
>>48320075
Cos it's a mandatory "you go crazy once" drawback as worded and after that will be buried under the various 'you are always yourself' perks I've got.
>>
>>48320002
So I'm not familiar with Ravenloft, or even DnD. Why does the Monstrous perk cost so much? Are vampires in that setting like uber god things or something?
>>
>>48320002
Why is Psychic more expensive than magic? Wizards, Clerics, and Druids are all more powerful and versatile than Psions.
>>
>>48320099
Not really. They do get benefits, but not that much... I think it's about thematics. Ravenloft being the horror d&d setting, you're not supposed to be one of the things that go bump in the night.
>>
>>48320133
Ah ok, doesn't seem to fit the price in that regards but I do understand why it would be such a high price.
>>
>>48320042
>...Deck of Many Things is worth 800points?
A Deck of many things can do crazy things. I may think of dropping the price but sometime when I am not suffering from Insomnia.

>>48320047
Well I am sorry you didn't like it.
>>48320053
Sure Doppelganger would be a viable choice.

>>48320079
>>48320082
Thank you I am glad you liked it.
>>
>>48320150
>Deck of many things
Has a one in 22 chance of soul trapping you and giving the trap to an outsider. . .
>>
>>48320150
>A Deck of many things can do crazy things.
It can also screw you over really hard, and it only works once. But fair enough, I guess. I just don't feel it's worth more than maybe ~400ish.

Monstrous probably wouldn't allow you to become a Vampire Lord, instead of standard one? What with mention of burning in sunlight?

Anyway, update looks really awesome. My build's gonna have to shift around a bit to make place for the cool new stuff, even though I basically got an extra 300cp...
>>
>>48320150
Hah! It should be free, but you should have to roll in a thread so you can't cheat. The DOMT can be vicious. I'd only pay such a ludicrous amount of CP if it was a version with only the benevolent cards in it.
>>
>>48320209
Actually, 800cp? I wouldn't even if it was a nice-only deck. The other perks are much better bang for the buck.
>>
>>48319890
Anyone?
>>
>>48320032
>Aethersong cage
So how does that work?
>>
>>48320338
It's not a Companion thing at all - just a fount of energy that the Cage converts into Aether so that he could maintain a permanent Primal form from FFXIV.
>>
>>48320002
...Do clouds count as mist for Mistwalker's out-of-jump thing? The difference is pretty much mostly altitude...
>>
>>48320002
I like most of the new additions. Iffy about the Deck of Many Things, even if I had 800cp to spare I wouldn't buy it, as half are detrimental and about a quarter are very detrimental.
>That no setback limit tho

Niggling grammar issue in Vistoni Charm, if you update it.
>You will encounter random dangers while traveling less frequently.
Reads as: you get random dangers when you don't travel as much. It should probably be:
>You will encounter random dangers less frequently while traveling.

>>48320285
I'm assuming you'd have to watch the TV shows to get an idea?
>>
>>48320002
Psychic has lds instead of lbs
Otherwise looks great. Also this >>48320120
>>
>>48320366
>I'm assuming you'd have to watch the TV shows to get an idea?

Well I have been watching the shows on KissAsian, and yet all I'm getting are explosion effects - there's nothing really concrete about their strength to the point I'm pretty much assuming at most it's basic human levels.

Another guy was asking in IRC and that's when the "cereal box stats" got brought up.
>>
>>48320393
>>48320120
Isn't all magic except psionics subject to failing and backfiring or just suddenly working in a different way in Ravenloft?
>>
>>48320120
Psychics could be broken depending on the edition. Also when this was originally made it gave you possible access to mind reading which was sort of a taboo power in jump chain so I felt kind of obligated to make it a capstone.

>>48320183
>>48320208
>>48320209
>>48320366

Alright would dropping the price of the deck of many things to 400 make it a bit more palatable?
>>
>>48320492
>Alright would dropping the price of the deck of many things to 400 make it a bit more palatable?
That seems more sensible but I personally still wouldn't buy it due to how dangerous it is.
>>
>>48320492
>mind reading which was sort of a taboo power
It was? Huh, why was that?
>>
>>48320002
Noticed a few typos:

Has "fallowing" instead of following in the background text.

Infavision should be Infravision in Demihuman.

Not a huge Ravenloft guy but I assume Vistoni Charm should be Vistani Charm.

"Afterwords" should be afterwards in Fury.

"Of coarse" should be of course in the companion import bit.
>>
>>48320524
I think it was because Pokemon made a point of not having it.

You could take psionics but you didn't get mind reading with it. After that it just wasn't really included in stuff even though there are places where it would have made a bunch of sense.
>>
>>48320545
Hm, fair enough. Seems a little odd, but okay.
>>
>>48320002
>You can are a skilled also a skilled tracker.
Typo.
>>
Alright I fixed the grammatical errors that were mentioned. Thank you, I am not the best about that. I appreciate the help.

The lack of a limit on how many drawbacks you can take is intentional. I realized that letting someone cause themselves a lot of problems for the sake of power was perfectly appropriate for Ravenloft.
>>
>>48320545
Early jc was a weird and arbitrary place.
>>
>>48320711
We're still a weird and arbitrary place.
>>
>>48320688
How does divine magic work in Ravenloft? Do you have to worship something? And pray for spells?
>>
>>48320721
Point.
>>
Couple of questions about the Ones from Star Wars:

Would one of them be viable as a Job Offer employer?

And could you import them and be their Child in Percy Jackson?
>>
>>48320721
Maybe if we didn't consistently need to balance shit according to a few autistic shits' idea of "internal balance" we wouldn't be.
>>
So, this Ravenloft update made me curious about something. How does taking the same class in different jumps work? Say I'm a Sorcerer in Ravenloft and FR, do my levels stack? Do they share the same spell's known list?

What if you're a Cleric in two different jumps? If you betray your god while in the second jump, will the magic from the first stop working, too?
>>
>>48320723
It's generally like most D&D divine magic, though for those worshiping gods from outside of ravenloft it seems to be the dark powers that are granting the spells. You however can choose to have your spells granted to you from Jumpchan if you don't feel like worshiping something.
>>
>>48320612
Well that will be corrected in the next version. Which may be later today I think I am going to try and get some sleep I'll check back later to answer any more questions.
>>
>>48320800
Personally, I just assume they stack normally, as long as they're the same edition. (with some redundancy for Wizards and such, since learned skills) Cross-edition, it introduces some weirdness, and I use them as closely-related but seperate systems...

As for Cleric... depends on what you get your power from? If you gain Cleric power from one deity, then both would stop working. But if you gain Cleric power from two different deities, or a deity and an ideal/force, or something, then the non-betrayed part would just keep working.
>>
That reminds me: do most of you even bother preparing spells most days outside of the jump? I wouldn't have the patience to spend an hour doing it every morning.
>>
File: Ayyyy.jpg (472 KB, 1132x900) Image search: [Google]
Ayyyy.jpg
472 KB, 1132x900
>>48320688
Ravenloft

Old

18 years old
Drop-In
Darkon
Magic 400
Iron Will 500
Magic Resistance 800
Shoes of Abundant Step 1100
Last Hope 1200
Disfigured 1100
Unwanted Harem 1000

New

18 years old
Merchant 100
Darkon
Sneaky
Appraise 150
Iron Will 350
Magic Resistance 950
Dark Contract 1250
Sack of 1000 Gold
Last Hope 1300
Shoes of Abundant Step 1400
Tragic Watchman 1200
A Past You Just Can't Leave Behind 1000

Thought I'd show both old and new builds.

Changed background from Drop-In to Merchant, lost Magic (which doesn't matter as much now as I pick it up in pretty much every other D&D jump we have) and gained Dark Contract which is my new favourite perk.

Being able to buy and sell anything is hilarious. I can now presumably buy someone's enjoyment of croissants and then sell it to someone else who now presumably enjoys croissants twice as much. Or give people weird see-through hair by buying their hair colour. Maybe I can finally buy love.

Still took Last Hope as it's a great thing to combine with a more powerful weapon and the shoes.

Rest is all the same, drawbacks changed so now the whole thing is going to be less silly, more serious and probably slightly less dangerous overall.
>>
>>48320877
I just a fuck-tonne of my Cantrips prepared ASAP and then restock as I go through them.
>>
File: Clerics.png (319 KB, 312x878) Image search: [Google]
Clerics.png
319 KB, 312x878
>>48320417
Everything I've been able to find says psionics has the same limits as magic in Ravenloft. People who make stupidly detailed wiki pages are champions.
That goes back to AD&D (2nd ed) in the Complete Psionics Handbook which outlines the limits. 3rd ed Ravenloft handbook doesn't mention psionics, but the same limits as spellcasting are supported by the "psionics-magic transparency" rule in 3/3.5. The "Psionics Are Different" rule is an optional variant that DMs can use, but is not assumed.

>>48320723
>see pic
Canon, if you're a Cleric, things can get a little weird in Ravenloft. Druids don't have to pray, but they meditate about trees or something.

>>48320877
Yes. A time acceleration field + Weight of Years from Master of Magic is marvelous. Or just patience perks.
>>
>>48320877
I typically do it as needed.
I have all the time in the world, even in the midst of combat.
Lunar Dial OP
>>
>>48320877
Preparing spells? Pfft. Sorcerer Master Race.
>>
File: sakuya za warudo (4).jpg (486 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
sakuya za warudo (4).jpg
486 KB, 1000x750
>>48320990
I forgot my pic
>>
>>48320877
Why eould I bother with D&D magic when I have Overlord magic?
>>
>>48321022
Because overlord magic is basically DnD
>>
>>48321067
But better.
>>
>>48321075
If you count 3 and 3.5e as better than whatever.
>>
>>48320688
>> Bear in mind this was much earlier in my chain,on page 24 my 298 Page list of jumps

Ravenloft ….....oh, bother

noble -50
Chose Lamordia -50
Blue Blood Free for : Noble
magic -200 Discount: Nobles
iron will -200
Voice of Wrath -200
healer -400
sack of 1000 gold X2 -50
Silver hand Mirror -50
*Notes: I'm not really a bad guy, rugged antihero at worst . I'm just going to avoid
making enemies, for ten years and keep my head down, of course There will be lavish society parties and some courtly intrigues for for me and mine, but nothing not mundane. I'm dark,but I'm not evil. *
>>
>>48321098
No, I'm Saying Overlord is better. It's D&D magic, but stronger, without a need for components, and runs off of mana instead of a Vancian system.
>>
File: ls_konata_study.jpg (70 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
ls_konata_study.jpg
70 KB, 480x270
>>48320688
> Tatyana [+300CP]

> This may not be the wisest course of action

I NEED SOMEONE TO GIVE ME REASONS FOR WHY I SHOULD NOT COMPANION STRAHD.

PLEASE.
>>
>>48321115
No it isn't. Overlord doesn't have nearly as much power as DnD epic level spells, even overrank magic isn't any better than at best 6th level magic in DnD.
>>
>>48321148
He's a filthy bloodsucker.
>>
File: 1457189275866.jpg (282 KB, 573x1941) Image search: [Google]
1457189275866.jpg
282 KB, 573x1941
>>48321017
My brethren!
Though I'm a half-heathen. I went Sorcerer/Wizard/Ultimate Magus in Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>48321172
It's okay. I did that in OoTS.
>>
>>48321148
The corpse smell he comes with. Seriously, undead smell awful.
>>
>>48321221
Heavens I have a question how many moons have you destroyed?
Also why do you keep destroying moons? We need those. Did they say something bad about your mother or something?
>>
File: protoman.png (403 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
protoman.png
403 KB, 500x647
>>48320688
Alrighty then, time for ASA Begins 2: Electric Boogaloo!

Also known as JUMP#15: RAVENLOFT

Drawbacks: There is no way out, Forewarned, Favored, A Past you can't leave behind, Holy, Unwanted Harem (2400)

Drop-In, Age 22

Rolled Darkon

Nope! (Free)
Not From Around Here (2350)
Performer (2300)
Vengeful (2200)
Iron Will (2100)
Magic Resistant (1800)
Mist Walker (1500)
Free Stuff (Free)
Creepy Doll (1400). By the way, is this supposed to be a Dread Doll Golem or something...more sinister? Is it sentient enough to be a companion? Does it react in any other way if, in fact, you're too paranoid to go to sleep WITHOUT it and keep it near you at all times?
The haunted stone (1300)
Elixier of Healing (1200)
Strong Soul (600)
Dark Contract (0).
The Gun (Free)

You have to understand: Up until this jump, it was all just a big game to me. I was nobody special, just some thrill-seeking tourist with some silly ideas bumbling through some rough-and-tumble worlds. I interpreted the Sith creed to spend most of my time partying. I played the banjo loudly during Mega Man X's battles. I wrecked some scrubs with my Conduit powers that one time.

This was the one that drove home that somewhere, there were things that played for keeps, and used people to keep score.

I went here with the best of intentions-I only wanted Dark Contract to "buy" peoples' stress or misery or something in exchange for cash and "sell" it to things that fed on that stuff-and this time, I was hunted and hounded before I even found my feet.

I hit a few castles with fusion detonators, liberated a few villages and cut down some of the damned.

And none of it mattered in the end.

(Cont'd)
>>
>>48321254
It started with several crit fails when deploying superweapons against superior opponents. I justified it with awful aim.

Then after a while, it became a force of habit. And flimsy justification for the previous screw-ups. I can tell the whole story again if you REALLY want to know.
>>
File: hoperidesalone2.png (393 KB, 1000x647) Image search: [Google]
hoperidesalone2.png
393 KB, 1000x647
>>48321260
The darklords egged on my "harem", the dark powers egged on the darklords and time and again I was forced to watch the people who'd aided me cut down for their impudence.

Gar couldn't handle a world this dark and almost went catatonic from psychic backlash at first. Blaize went in the opposite direction and coped by becoming a berserker-until she was beaten into paste after an illusion tricked her into punching out of her weight class. Asami (no relation) adjusted the fastest, and became utterly ruthless-but broke down when she was mindjacked into stabbing me in the back, and then stabbing herself through the heart. And Elodie almost died from a cursed blade after we barely felled a darklord together.

I still don't know how I held it together. All I remember is the breaking point-trying to lead as many people as I could out through the mists towards the end of my stay-only the mist itself to hollow half of them into mindless ghouls. Which the rest of us had to cut through to escape.

And then...it was still futile, when I reached the next jump. They weren't companions. I never had a chance of saving them.

And then other things happened, and I just...stopped trying after a while.

Because men are pitiful, doomed toys and only monsters can stand above the consequences.

Or so I thought, at the time.

>>48321148
He looks like a drunk Michael Jackson in his human form, and a constipated Michael Jackson in his man-bat form.

>>48320877
Honestly I can't be bothered with D&D magic most of the time. Never liked it much, it just seems awfully boring.
>>
>>48321156
Other than Wish what 9th level spell is stronger than Fallen Down? Also Overlord has the Wish spell.
>>
>>48321281
Nah just wondering the basics on why you are now seen as the moon destroyer.
>>
>>48321156
There are 6th level spells that can wipe out entire armies?
>>
>>48321348
And simultaneously summon forth superpowers abominations?
>>
>>48321260
>>48321296
I'm pretty sure you just inspired me to spend my ten years in Ravenloft running a book store.
>>
>>48321296
>>48321260

And so began a great cosmic "Fuck Everything But Me."
>>
>>48320688
I like this update, and have two questions:

Does Strong Soul act as an anti-corruption perk as well? It says it mitigates damage to your soul, so I'm wondering if things that corrupt your soul count as damage and would, as a result, fall under the auspices of this perk.

Psychic says you can start at level 1 of any editions psionic. Does that also mean we get any editions psionic class at level or just generic "psionic" as our class? Mainly I'm wondering if we could take Eruidte as our psionic class.

Thanks for the update!
>>
Im looking for a perk that allows for one way translation between magic and tech but is not chrimson saint, I know one exists but I cant find it. Anyone have any ideas??
>>
File: 1373730058281.jpg (121 KB, 804x783) Image search: [Google]
1373730058281.jpg
121 KB, 804x783
>>48321535
Altocrystarium from Final Fantasy Type-0 lets you turn things from tech to magic, important thing is to practice.

Digital Sorcery from Fate/Extra lets you turn things from magic to tech.
>>
>>48321535
There is one in Fate/extra i think.
>>
>>48321554
>>48321549
These are perfect thank you.
>>
File: _m5iu2sRBWJ1r1675mo1_500.gif (409 KB, 499x280) Image search: [Google]
_m5iu2sRBWJ1r1675mo1_500.gif
409 KB, 499x280
>>48320877
Spells stay memorized until you cast them. So... generally, I'll refresh them as needed, but sometimes I go for a really long time without ever dipping into my Vancian reserves.

Also, I mean, it's not like I agonize over the spell decisions. You do it enough times, eventually you end up falling back on a prememorized spell setup that'll work for most generalized situations. It's basically just meditation.

>>48321022
I just like to have options.
And contingencies.
And backups.
And backups for the backups.

I mean, technically I can turn invisible at will, and fire off orbital satellite lasers indefinitely. I took that one from Negima and it fires once about every ten minutes. It doesn't even cost mana.
Because fighting is boring and dumb.

That's how I killed Ruby Weapon.
It actually took several days. And was very anticlimactic.
The Emerald Weapon fight was WAY cooler.

But, y'know. It's nice to have alternates?
Sometimes I don't want to dig into my mana reserves. I mean, I'm half mana.
Sometimes I just want to wave my arms for a couple seconds and then go lay on the floor for an hour.

It's not like I have important jumper shit to do.
>>
File: 1265777332366.jpg (45 KB, 458x319) Image search: [Google]
1265777332366.jpg
45 KB, 458x319
>>48321022
>Why eould I bother with D&D magic when I have Overlord magic?
Because sometimes stocking up on redundant options can prove beneficial in the long run, in ways you never thought it would.
>>
>>48321115
Hate to break this to you but overlord super spells also run off xp. The reason ainz summoned so many dark young was he used the xp gained from 160k deaths as sacrifices.
>>
>>48321022
Overlord is basically like D&D... But not entirely. And certainly not in system, even if the spells resemble it. Just assuming it can do everything D&D does seems silly to me.

Overlord is better if you just want to keep on casting and wipe out armies. D&D is more focussed on small scale engagements and also seems more useful to have for esoteric shit, of which there is a lot if you go looking.

Besides. It takes /ages/ to learn/develop a new spell in Overlord's New World system. It's much, much easier to develop spells in the D&D system.

Also, redundancy.
>>
>>48321760
I really don't think that killing a bunch of level 1-2 peasants would be enough to actually do anything. Sure, some over rank spells are stated to consume exp, but la shub niggurath never was.
>>
>>48321798
Read book 10.
>>
>>48321760
Some spells do but not that one, that spell uses the sacrifices as fuel not the exp from killing them.
>>
>>48319856
Null attack with monotheist isn't something you cast. It's passive.
>>
File: armored up.jpg (19 KB, 236x320) Image search: [Google]
armored up.jpg
19 KB, 236x320
>>48321022
Because wearing armor is good, and if you put any armor at all on, Overlord magic doesn't work.

D&D can get around that easily enough, Overlord can't.
>>
>>48321798
According to Ainz each of the soldiers he killed should have given him 1 xp. Yeah not a lot but at the amount killed in the battle it should have been enough for him to level up.
>>
>>48321830
Im pretty sure thats just because the players cant equipt gear like that. They could wear it or pick up a sword but if they try to use it it falls off. The reason ainz cant cast in armor is because he traded mage levels for warrior levels with the perfect warrior spell.
>>
>>48321866
No, I'm pretty sure he just can't cast in armor, at all. I seem to recall it being said he didn't use the perfect warrior spell.
>>
>>48321749
>Because sometimes stocking up on redundant options can prove beneficial in the long run, in ways you never thought it would.
This why I upgraded the shit out of my Hammer of Dawn and one of the first things I do in every jump is toss that fucker into orbit. In low tech / fantasy settings, few people think of conflicts outside of two dimensions. Those that do rarely look or try to defend against orbital bombardment and energy attacks.

Smiting fools with that thing always gives me a good chuckle. The real trick, though, was getting good enough with it to use it as a tool of destruction and graffiti.

Real proud of that achievement.
>>
>>48321866
>>48321798
I love how after that fight half the knights on Ainz side quit their jobs for ptsd after seeing him wreck the other army.
>>
>>48321866
No, he's hard limited by class requirements and limitations. He can pick up a sword, but he can't use it. Similarly he can't cast in armor.

His work around for this is summoned equipment, and he wields that gear with the Perfect Warrior spell. Unfortunately while he's under the effects of PW he can't cast any magic, period. I also don't think he can use martial techniques while doing PW, but don't quote me on that part.
>>
>>48321908
Turning hammer of dawn into a magic spell sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>48321941
That is almost exactly what I was trying to say.
>>
>>48321949
It's a blend of effects, but technology and magic are a bit part of it. No spell to summon or use it, though. Well, it's not /just/ a spell. It's physically up there and I just need to use my proprietary interface to connect with it and shoot at fools.
>>
>>48321975
I really just want to make a magic spell that collects and bounces light from the sun over a large area of space then focusses all of it onto one spot in a gleaming white hot beam of destruction and heat. Something I could cut through a planet with if given time.
>>
>>48320688
Old build:

>Ravenloft - 194
Starting Domain: Lamordia
Drawbacks: Holy (+200), Disfigured (+100)
Final Point Count: 1,300 CP
Background: Merchant
Skills and Abilities:
-Sneaky (Free)
-Magic
Equipment:
-The Freebies
-Sun Blade
-Armor of Leaves
-The Haunted Stone
-Lucky Charm
-Wand of Thorns
-Elixir of Healing
-Silver Hand Mirror
-Sacred Scarf
-Undertaker's Cloak
-Belmont
-Spectacles of Clear Sight
-Mask of Shadows
-Silver Bow

New Build:

>Ravenloft - 194
Starting Domain: Lamordia
Drawbacks: Holy (+200), Disfigured (+100)
Final Point Count: 1,300 CP
Background: Merchant
Skills and Abilities:
-Sneaky (Free)
-Magic
-Dark Contract
Equipment:
-The Freebies
-Sun Blade
-The Haunted Stone
-Lucky Charm
-Sacred Scarf
-Belmont
-Mask of Shadows
>>
>>48321830
>you put any armor at all on, Overlord magic doesn't work
I watched a video on YouTube that had Ainz battling some chick that looked like. Valkyrie or something and she was using magic with armor on?

I really have no idea, since I don't know much about the series, though.
>>
>>48322008
Might be helpful to purchase the stone from Jojo, the Red Sone of Aja or something like that. It magnifies the hell out of solar power / energy, so if you can find a way to duplicate that effect in spell form, or recreate it with some other physical means, you should be good to go.
>>
>>48322036
She was using divine magic and class / racial skills.
>>
>>48322036
She was a special class called a valkyriw. Basically armored cleric.
>>
>>48321830
This is flagrant lies. That's only a problem for ainz because he's not specced to be able to ware armor.
>>
For a jumper that didn't take Cheat Mode, is there any alternative to the blue feather combo?
>>
>>48321830
You mean the the time when he wore an armor with a specific class requirement? The class requirement he overcame by using a spell that converted his attributes from a caster to a warrior?

That was a very specific circumstance, it wasn't that the armor kept him from casting it was that the spell that allowed him to wear it in spite of the class requirement disabled his casting.
>>
>>48322113
No, cheat mode is the most important aspect to that combo since it is the only way to clone something with all special properties (including fiat) intact. There is at least one other item that could replace the feather but so far you NEED Cheat Mode.
>>
>>48322113
Perks to fight loneliness and boredom. Also a good supply of lube, regeneration, and stamina perks.
>>
>>48321830
You could always make cloth gear that is superior to plate. There are perks for it.

Plus ainz can use daggers as well as staff weapons.
>>
>>48322113
You can still have a harem but your harem building capabilities will be diminished considerably. It's cheating but I suppose you could house rule that importing a pod companion makes them a full companion.
>>
>>48322113
You can go Collective Consciousness it like I do, and actually merge your companions/persons-that-you-want-as-a-companion together into singular entities that can be divided at a moments notice to take with you.
>>
>>48322113
740 kerbal
>>
File: 1364267832468.png (121 KB, 256x272) Image search: [Google]
1364267832468.png
121 KB, 256x272
>>48321908
>>48321975
>mfw someone bought the Hammer of Dawn from Gears of War
>the fucking 'Death from Above' option
>mfw it's actually been a part of their tactics
>they also use it for silly, stupid shit

This makes me so glad I made Gears of War, hearing that someone actually used things from that jump.
>>
So I'm thinking of doing a Knights of Sidonia jump (still very early brainstorming, so don't consider this a claim. I don't want to tie up the IP in case it takes me a huge length of time to do this). Anyway, I'm wondering how to handle the issue of kabi weapons. For those not familiar with the setting, to actually kill a Gauna requires that you destroy its core. But the "true body", as the core is referred to, is incredibly durable. The only weapon seen to destroy it through pure force is the local version of the Graviton Beam Emitter. Otherwise, the only way to kill a Gauna is with a weapon made of a material called "kabi" that has some vaguely-defined relation to Gauna biology.

Now, I can see two problems with this as regards a jump. The first is that having such durable monsters is bound to cause some amount of offense. People like doing things their own way, if I tell jumpers that they have to use the jump's method to fight there will be some anger at that. I figure I can get around that by emphasizing that it's only direct damage that they're so durable against, and that out of context methods based on exotic mechanisms would remain effective. I'll still probably need to word it carefully, though. Ideas for that would be welcome.

The second problem and the one that I'm more focused on at the moment is how to compensate the jumper for buying kabi weapons for their Gardes ( I'd like to have a mecha customization section) instead of just waiting for the point in the series where a method of artificially synthesizing kabi is discovered and they become commonplace. It could wind up being a pretty hefty investment of CP, theoretically, and I want it to be reasonable. I'm thinking maybe have purchased kabi have some advantage post-jump, like it inhibits regeneration or some such. Something so that buying kabi doesn't only help you out in the Sidonia jump itself. Any thoughts?
>>
>>48322318
Just give an option to upgrade weapons with the setting's anti-monster stuff, like Assassination Classroom and Black Bullet do.

Or give a knife or whatever low-grade weapon free.
>>
>>48321830
But that's for Players, right? What if you go Local?
>>
>>48322113
Theres Sword Plant from Arthur if you want to do that to copy the feather.
>>
>>48322248
It's one thing to smite your enemies. It's another thing entire to smite your enemies and draw giant dicks all over their territory.
>>
>>48322318
Buying kabi weapons costsore but you get the first purchase free, after the jump they inhibit regeneration of things they damage. There are already weapons that do this in chain such as deadpools sword.

Please give us a high price guana hybrid option even if we have to take a mandatory drawback for it.

Of course we will need tech and biotech perks from this setting.
>>
>>48322395
>>48321908
Did you hook it up to an Ipad or tablet with stylus so you can use it tondraw pictures and write your name in the earth a mile deep?
>>
So, is there any way to modify D&D magic to work like Overlord magic?
>>
>>48322397
Do you mean gauna hybrid option as you being one or you having one as a companion? Because there is definitely going to be a Tsumugi-expy waifu available. Not Tsumugi herself, I'd have to be a monster to take her from Tanikaze, but making a Sidonia jump and not offering a QT Chimera girl would be ridiculous.
>>
>>48322433
Conjoined Conjures?
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 260x146
>>48322152
>regeneration
Lewd!
>>
A question for those of you that took the Halo Guantlet and chose Benefactor of Science. What setting did you pick to get high end schematics from? I mean that has to some seriously beneficial uses, both during and after the guantlet. I chose Blame! Tech for the technology of stuff like GBE's, Exterminators, and even Level 9's, they also have amazing polymer armor and Biology hacking darts.
>>
>>48322433
Use Conjoined Conjures. Actually, could you use Conjoined Conjures on multiple magic systems in DnD?
>>
>>48322420
I used to freehand it, but then I got smart and pre-generated a bunch of pictures. That way I use it to smite something, then just select the post-combat taunt I want to leave as a reminder and I walk away as it's being drawn.

I like efficiency.
>>
File: 1263250337734.jpg (9 KB, 206x251) Image search: [Google]
1263250337734.jpg
9 KB, 206x251
>>48322462
At the time I didn't have many options. So I chose Lord of Light tech so that way the Spartan program and other UNSC soldiers could benefit from the things they do.

...to say it was a mistake, is a tremendous understatement.
>>
>>48322434
Option to be one as yourswlf or to buy one as a companion would be cool, I don't mind floating in space for a decabe or so and helping tsumu not be lonely.
>>
>>48322433
Use Dark Wisdom from Overlord to translate the spells into a mana system?
>>
>>48322449
>>48322465
Wouldn't you still have most of the limitations of Vancian magic?
>>
>>48322479
Story tiem?

Lord of light tech doesn't really look that good. It just looks like minor magic enchantments.
>>
>>48321829
Oh wait.

Monotheist doesn't block Almighty.

DSAnon derped. I believe he thought it also stopped Almighty.
>>
File: dkd.jpg (16 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
dkd.jpg
16 KB, 500x280
>>48320036
Demon King Daimao

Demon King 150
16 years old
Evil Concealment
Harem Protagonist 250
Physical Magic 550
Demonic Persuasion 700
Demon King's Power 1000
Magic Manipulation 1600
Cool Clothes
Rumors 1500
Unlucky 1300
Rival Houses 1000

Weird to have two anime jumps in a row where a clearly best option with possible red eyes.

Balance issues aside this seems like a pretty fun setting to spend some time and there's some fun stuff here.

Evil Concealment lets me hide my motives/evil.

Harem Protagonist also does what you'd expect. Has a little bit about being more powerful making you more desirable as well but I'm not entirely sure whether that's a feature of the perk or a description of the setting.

Physical Magic is neat and combines great with the Demon King perks. Seems like you can do some pretty outlandish shit with the perk on its own and given it's about converting mana to physical feats it's nice to have tonnes of mana.

Demon King's Power = tonnes of mana.

Magic Manipulation seems to be magical ability rather than power. Not entirely sure what you'd be able to do with Demon King's Power or this on its own.

Demonic Persuasion is a sort of perk I tend to stack and will continue to do so since I picked up Dark Contract from Ravenloft.

Drawbacks are pretty mild and amount to women falling on me, ridiculous rumours cropping up about me and a ninja clan coming for my head. Bizarrely with Rival Houses I explicitly know who they are and how to stop them.
>>
>>48321829
Wait, no, he kno-

OH. That is why he is so worried about it being too strong. DDS doesn't have Pierce or any equivalent. THAT is why it's so tough.

But Null Attack would be bypassed by any Pierce or its equivalent in future jumps. Because it is NULL.

You are lower powered, less immune Beldr.
>>
File: the-wire.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
the-wire.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
Thinking of maybe doing a jump for the Wire as I'm rewatching it and I've managed to get a couple of ideas down.

Any interest?
>>
>>48322059
>>48322065
So wait, when it says that Level 100 Warrior would still be casting RoH-tier magic, can they cast in armor?
>>
>>48322462
G Gundam.

It got ridiculous.
>>
>>48322592
That setting has had me wonder what ends up happening later on but I just can't bring myself to read the LN.
>>
File: neo mexico.png (174 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
neo mexico.png
174 KB, 500x375
>>48322665
>It got ridiculous
>>
>>48322680
From what I've been told the jump describes the setting really poorly. It sounds like it's actually a really cool setting, all sorts of high-concept science fantasy, and it just gets glossed over.
>>
>>48322538
Did you not really read the items in the jump? Wand of Fire can scar the moon, from earth. So it's like if a Melta from 40k could be made accurate over orbital distances, with more destructive power than any melta from 40k that isn't ship based.
>>
>>48322656
A crime drama could certainly make an interesting jump setting.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 716x1100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 716x1100
>>48322479
It happens to the best of us Red. I mean I just chose Blame! because I'm a very tech heavy jumper. I'm just really bad at understanding magic and judging it's limitations when I buy them. So the ability to create Blame! Level cybernetics, and then turn all that shit to biotech thanks to Cobra-La, and start teleporting portions of the sun into my immediate vincity, is fucking cool.
>>
>>48322696
Have you ever seen Neo Mexico flying in the center of a Halo.

BECAUSE IT HAPPENED.
>>
>>48320721
>Looks at Doctor Who and Hellblazer

>>48320757
Why would you import them? They're not specially powerful or versatile.
>>
>>48322657
That's the jump. You'd have to ask the jump maker for a ruling on that.
>>
>>48322700
Yeah but you have to wear this whole protective suit or it kills you.
>>
>>48322738
Who is the jump maker?
>>
>>48322699
It looks like the jump is based on the anime rather than the LN.
>>
>>48322750
Says at the bottom, Brellin. He's over on SB.
>>
>>48322665
>You would get the DG cell blueprints
Holy fuck
>>
>>48322462
I chose SupCom, I didn't care for thinking through all the possible options like high end DC tech, so though giant ass robots with a troop count in the millions would do help me the most.
>>
What are World of Warcraft classes capable of at the upper-end?
>>
>>48322765
UG Cells as well.

AND HAVE YOU SEEN ODST THROWING KI BLASTS WHILE PILOTING GUNDAMS.
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 736x981) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 736x981
>>48322696
Yeah, G Gundam is never not ridiculous
>>
>>48322744
Yea but there aren't even many weapons on that level in other settings even as shipboard weapons.
>>
File: 1237620613047.png (455 KB, 625x480) Image search: [Google]
1237620613047.png
455 KB, 625x480
>>48322538
>>48322707
There isn't much story, other than everything going absurdly wrong.

It started out well enough at first. The Spartan program got a major boost, becoming 'Olympians' instead as they got to tap into Aspects and do all kinds of crazy bullshit. The genetic augmentations the LoL tech brought assisted in helping the soldiers, and the technology from things like the Robes, the Universal Fire Wand, that Bow of Rudri... turns out when you scale that UP to ships, it also can grant a hell of an edge.

...and then the Covenant managed to salvage some of that stuff. And got it in their heads that we were committing heresy on a grave scale by perverting the Forerunner technology. But being imitative, THEY PROCEEDED TO START ADAPTING IT TO THEIR OWN TECH. Worse, they now had even more motivation to wipe out humanity.

It quickly started to become an escalated war.

In the end... humanity won, but at a worse price than before. Earth was gone. Not 'decimated', not 'ravaged', simply GONE. Not a single piece of rubble left. Many more colonies destroyed, trillions of more lives annihilated. The Covenant suffered similar losses, entire planets razed and High Charity reduced to nothing but dust. ...the fighting only stopped because both sides realized they had pushed each other to the brink of extinction, and the losses were becoming too great. A non-aggression pact signed, an agreement to help each other rebuild after seeing the hatred both sides could create.

I learned a harsh lesson during that time. A lesson soaked in the blood of countless lives.
>>
>>48322656
Sounds interesting fampai.
>>
>>48322433
Dark Wisdom + Conjoined Conjures to create true magic. Combine all sources, all strengths and no weaknesses.
>>
>>48322765
>>48322788
This was the build in mind, actually.

>Halo Gauntlet - 487
Homeworld: Earth
Defining Skills: Teamwork, Engineering, Stealth
Complications: Where’s John (+150), The Last SPARTAN (+300), Rewrite (+150), Recast (+150)
Final Point Count: 750
Perks:
-Squad
-Benefactor of Science (G Gundam)
-Future Armor

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT FLOOD VS DEVIL GUNDAM
>>
>>48322819
I really don't think it would go that way, but it's your chain.
>>
>>48322626
Hence why the deal I offered was that as long as nonelemental/pure mana/almighty-esque stuff could bypass it, the nulls could be pierced, and you could justify grinding for it, you could get it in-jump. Not with cp though, but actual work and effort while keeping yourself and/or Sera out of enemy hands.
Sorry, just woke up, missed the question when it was first asked.
>>
>>48322940
Alright, Master Literaritician / Lore Master.

How do YOU think it should go, keeping in mind nothing goes 100% super right.
>>
File: 1273207881583.jpg (7 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1273207881583.jpg
7 KB, 228x239
>>48322940
Not everything is going to go right all the time, anon. You also have to consider something else, that the more of something exists, the more likely it's going to fall into enemy hands as they try to figure your shit out, or at least get studied to some extent. That's not some story gimmick, that's just a fact of war... and no matter what kind of measures you take to try and prevent said things falling into enemy hands, the chances are going to increase the more you utilize them.

Throw in a very unhealthy zealotry brought forth by faith, and the chances of everything going to Hell in a handbasket skyrockets.
>>
>>48322961
Alright.
Also, trying to read the DS Manga to fill in some blanks. Protag in it is the deadpan snarker and sarcastic yet motivated guy you can make him be. He's not typical "Friendly, fun, etc" protag. It's great.

And the first demon summoned by Atsuro, as in the one he has to fight to contract, is Wilder. For Protag, it's Jaki Ogre... and he actually loved human fast food, ignoring human meat to eat that.

Trying to understand power levels there, if you don't mind. I will let you know what I find out.

But again, SMT jump I believe powered things up when compared to DS jump. It might be equal, actually. We can't get the Demi-fiend levels of brokennes(End game, at least. no multiversal destruction) but still...

Also, I noticed that Devil Survivor lacks the Death and Expel element, actually. Does the Curse element take care of that or would using Light or Expel stuff bypass that?
>>
>>48323012
Not with the literal complete obliteration of multiple planets, that's for sure, or for that matter, nearly the degree of mutual total defeat that Red wanted to happen in her chain for the sake of her specific, illogical narrative.
>>
>>48323012
Let's start out with the basic shit.

The covenant are imitative and not innovative, by nature. Cortana went into a covenant ship and realised that they had the equipment to do in-atmosphere slipspace jumps, but not the mathematics, because THEY'RE NOT INNOVATIVE. They didn't even have MAXWELL'S LAWS.

All their shit is just copied from the forerunners and put together by the Huragok, and the Huragok wouldn't know what the fuck to do with tech beyond even the forerunners.
>>
>>48322961
So when demons are fused in DS jump, is the result completely new personality without memories of its components or... what? Since I am confused on personality/memories part.

Also, was I right in saying that Atsuro's route rewrites the server so that demons lack free will?
>>
>>48323091
Oh and furthermore: The covenant PoV is that taking tech from unknown aliens that you think are weaker than you is heresy, as it implies the forerunners (your gods) are weaker than the enemy tech-wise.

Sorta like the tech-priests, but less prayers to the machine god. (relatively speaking)
>>
>>48323089
Then you don't know what A) Forerunner tech is capable of, B) what Lord of Light tech is capable of, and C) the fact that combining the two means shit breaks.

>>48323091
Now see, SHIT LIKE THIS is actually decent story critique.
>>
>>48323084
Please don't start more stupid power level arguments about vague SMT shit, please.
>>
>>48323048
Yeah, but the way you described it, in a war between unequal parties, both lose no matter what, because the lesser side will always definitely reverse engineer the stronger side's stuff and then somehow turn the war it into a protracted draw with massive losses on both sides. That's just not how these kinds of things work.
>>
>>48323084
>The manga
Unless t's been updated since I last saw it, it only covers up to the rematch with Wendigo, I think. Maybe not even that. So you might not get the power level of the Bels.
Also, no, Curse only covers ailments, like Stone or something. Death and Expel would probably bypass that, though in typical SMT fashion the bosses will be immune to them.
>>48323131
Unknown. The MCs ponder this too, but are unable to figure it out. They guess however that the fusion would be an amalgamate of the personalities, with both sets of memories. Since this is the farthest we go with this, it's probably best to go with that.
It's less that it removed their free will and more like Babel now sort of acts like Bel, in that it controls and directs the demons. They still have free will, they've just been brought under control, no longer rampaging.
>>
>>48323155
Yeah, no, stop fucking wanking yourself, your dick's going to start bleeding at this rate.
>>
File: dreamcast-1347030821.png (4 MB, 1429x1429) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast-1347030821.png
4 MB, 1429x1429
Jumpers,

How would you like a GUNLORD jump?

A released in 2012 Dreamcast and Neo Geo game, with hand drawn 16 bit sprites and constant 60 fps, non linear stages and all that stuff.

Fight Planetlord and his LORDS OF STEEL, those evil creatures! Fight what I can only describe as Space Balrog!

RESCUE WIFE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot6MkPcqQVY

In non updated or updated version insttead of "Bitches" he says "Your are cute"
>>
>>48323202
Oh, you're back. /Wonderful/.

Now nobody can claim anything good about any jumps without you being a little bitch.
>>
>>48323196
Correction: the ENGLISH translation only covers that, there were other volumes released in Japan. If you can translate them, you might be able to find out more.
>>48323206
Sure, that sounds/looks good-
>Space Balrog
Ho boy.
>>
>>48323235
We are not allowed anything nice, no.
>>
>>48323206
Really depends on if you actually plan on making the jump. If you don't then I hope you will drop your claim and make it then come back when you have something to show.
>>
How do you justify starting as a level one in Railgun as experiment?
>>
What is the most tech you can get out of taking all the Rick perks in the Rick and Morty jump?

>>48323206
Yus!
>>
>>48323196
Ah... Still the Babel acting as Bel would be bad. People who can access Bel can abuse it... Hm.

As for the Manga, I KNOW that apparently it also covers Beldr.

So I dunno. But the power levels weren't htat high at least up to that point. I can look more and post relevant pages if you want?
>>
File: 1426124625009.jpg (87 KB, 562x880) Image search: [Google]
1426124625009.jpg
87 KB, 562x880
>>48323206
That sounds like all kinds of fun.
>>
>>48323265
I didn't Claim it.

I asked if people want it.
>>
>>48322462
Macross seems to have some interesting stuff.
>>
>>48323196
I have another question.

Are DS2 power levels higher than DS, then?

So could we arguably use the DS2 anime and mangas to better understand their power levels?

Sorry for asking about that so many times, but I need ways to be sure of my power compared to them without, you know, support of COMP power levels.

Also, do my COMP power levels carry over to DS2 or do I have separate levels there and stats?

Also, I thought Curse includes the insta-death stuff in DS. I might be wrong
>>
>>48323266
You suck.
>>
>>48323323
"no u"
>>
File: wymk1y4NN1qlgvk7.gif (486 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
wymk1y4NN1qlgvk7.gif
486 KB, 480x480
>>48323309
>power levels
>power levels
>power levels
>power levels
I hate you.
>>
>>48323341
You're in a thread where settings are regularly broken by a bunch of That Guys who want nothing more than their numbers to go up

And you hate power level discussion

you are in the wrong place, my friend.
>>
>>48323243
Dubhne was Phys Repel. Even pierce wouldn't get through it. How did the truck damage it that much?

Car damage is unresisted?
>>
>>48323271
Just checked it out, and it appears it has updated.
Now, apparently there are 8 volumes out in Japan, but I'm unsure if they've all been translated yet. From what I've seen, the farthest it goes is when the MCs first meed the SDF in that one tunnel.
If you can find Beldr or one of the other Bels, sure that would be great.
>>48323309
Yes.
Not really. The anime diverges from the game in a lot of ways, and there are hints even in it that it's the equivalent of a New Game Plus.
COMPs are not used in DS2, it's been replaced with Nicaea instead. I suppose you could use your COMP instead if you wanted, though. You might want to talk to Alcor about upgrading it though, Nicaea has a lot more demons than the COMP, with new special abilities.
No, Curse does not include instant death abilities, only status effects and ailments.
>>
File: 1445255159541.jpg (16 KB, 222x205) Image search: [Google]
1445255159541.jpg
16 KB, 222x205
Quick question. Just what are the limits to forerunner technology in halo? What sort of feats can it do and could I obtain the blueprints in the regular halo jump? Only reason I ask is because I've never really gotten into halo and you guys seem to know a lot about this stuff.
>>
>>48323372
There's actually a reason for that. See, Dubhe attacks via causing the bud on top of him to explode. He was in the process of causing it to explode when Daichi rammed the car into the vulnerable bud, causing it to explode. It wasn't the car that hurt Dubhe, but his own explosive bud.
>>
>>48323266
Pretty much >>48323323 , being the absolute worst Experiment.
>>
>>48320004
Lovecraft to become shoggoth? Not exactly a goo but perhaps close enough.
>>
>>48323414
You are supposed to be a human weapon under the thumb of some assholes because of how dangerous you are. . . and you're capable of lighting a match. . .
>>
>>48323457
...Now I want to see/read a series about a living weapon that can only light matches. It'd be funny as hell.
>>
>>48323453
Hey Scatovore, I see you're ban fishing again.
>>
>>48323482
Just report and ignore.
>>
>>48323408
It can do some stuff, but it's a safe bet that it's significantly less advanced than even the necrons in 40k.
>>
>>48323453
Huh. Good to know this is the kind of asshole who benefits from content being made.
>>
>>48323408
People wank the hell out of it, but advanced as their tech may be, they're not actually that great. Inferior to supcom at least.
>>
>>48323408
IIRC they had a dyson sphere that they used warp spacing so that, like the tardis, it was smaller on the outside- 22 cm, in fact. Obviously, they created the halo rings, designed to destroy all life in a galaxy (and just life) using their pulse weaponry- but they could also restrict it to a much smaller area.

For surface-level knowledge I'd recommend halopedia, for deeper stuff I'd recommend the forerunner trilogy of books by greg bear. You could find designs on forerunner installations, though given that they lived 100k years ago it'd be scattered, broken, and you'd likely need an AI to make sense of it.
>>
>>48323508
Just ignore him, he is now actively trying to get banned.
>>
>>48323408
From what I remember, pretty fuckin' OP
>>
>>48323523
>Supreme Commander

Oh you accuse one side of wanking, and then you immediately wank your side some more.

You're beautiful, you know that.
>>
>>48323533
Is yelling at someone now a bannable offense? His tirade isn't exactly productive, but it is technically on topic.
>>
>>48323587
Demanding suicide has to be against the global rules right? I mean this is 4chan but still.
>>
>>48323574
Timmy, I realize your only existing hobby is important, but you need to get ready for school starting up again.

and for fuck's sake, if you fail math class again your father's sending you to boot camp.
>>
>>48323529
Also, I feel I should add that having OLD ONES wasn't good enough for halo, so they decided to have the precursors, which are to the forerunners what the forerunners are to halo humanity. They had what are known as star roads, which are basically gigantic metal tentacles that connect planets and star systems, physically. They are created and powered by thought (this is one of Halo's few entanglements with metaphysics, which is supposedly also used to power the halo array) and can be used for extremely fast FTL, as well as to wrap around planets and destroy them.

Good luck finding any that weren't destroyed by the halo rings firing, though. They're so obscure that they're never seen in the games and barely mentioned in the fluff books.
>>
>>48323453
And here we see the patients descent into madness, as he seems no closer to their goals than the years before. Watch as they respond to a post which demonstrates absolutely nothing they're objecting to, complains about things that never happen, and proceeds to invoke "there are no girls on the internet" argument, because clearly Red's fanbase is because of her gender and not her Jumps.
>>48323574
And here we see him complaining about the mythical "Nerf", a concept which seems to mean "Not letting me use items that explicitly don't work out of universe out of universe."
>>
>>48323610
Maybe? I don't think I've ever seen someone get banned for posting variations off 'kill yourself fagit' so it might be up to the janitor.
>>
>>48323665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrr_VVtyUA8
>>
>>48323584
Not that anon, but fuck off, supcom is legitimate in all it's claimed to be capable off.
Forerunners and all their tech and feats are comparatively a load of wank.
>>
>>48323666
pretty sure it isn't legal, whether it's against the local rules or not.
also, nice trips.
>>
File: 1399034346032.png (526 KB, 470x1096) Image search: [Google]
1399034346032.png
526 KB, 470x1096
>>48319855
That's how I felt about the girls in Tenchi. Nobody can live up to Ryoko no matter what.
>>
>>48323610
>Demanding suicide has to be against the global rules right?
Holy shit, how new are you?
>>
>>48322433
Take the slayer's handbook from buffy and go to forgotten realms then wait for magic to get broken and then write in the necessary changes. Might want insurance because gods won't take kindly to that once they get their shit together and might go about wanting to change it and fixing your little red wagon while they're at it. But hey, since you can draw on that weave from later jumps considering your magic still works outside the jump you'll be golden until chain end. Just don't go too crazy or Ao might notice.

>>48323408
Allegedly even citizens had power armor that could level continents and they knew the secrets of cinnamon toast crunch.
>>
>>48323666
Damn to think satan would be unsure about something.
>>
>>48323693
It is not illegal to tell.someone to kill themself.
>>
>>48323766
That's a troll. Why are you feeding it?
>>
>>48323766
Dude, you're awesome, but you're just feeding the troll.
>>
Is anyone else having trouble getting the pdfs in the google drive to load?
>>
File: 1408557192460.jpg (547 KB, 960x1305) Image search: [Google]
1408557192460.jpg
547 KB, 960x1305
>>48320688
I'm not familiar with Ravenloft, if I wanted to be a hero and save people how much trouble would I find myself in?
>>
>>48323781
>>48323789

Because I'm getting fucking sick and irrational about this idiotic piece of shit trying to drive off one of my friends.

Sorry about that.

>>48323802
I know Wakfu Anon's been having the same problem, unsure what their solution was.
>>
>>48323825
>>48323665

And now you're false-flagging anon.

What the fuck even is your goal here.
>>
>>48323825
>the troll telling her to kill herself is working for her
...did we just enter the Twilight Zone? Or is this same fagging?
>>
>>48323854
He's a troll, so to be banned, obviously.
>>
>>48323722
really? It ought to be. Whatever.
>>
>>48323907
Simple.

Stir up drama. For any reason, doesn't have to be rational drama.

Just has to be drama.
>>
How does an Overlord style Angel Mage with the full tree, Level 100, Realm of Heroes, and Divine tier equipment stack up in the Narutoverse?
>>
>>48323926
Bullshit! If that's what you wanted you wouldn't be dragging us into this.
>>
>>48323923
You can count on one hand the number of Naruto characters that can do what Ainz is capable of.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.