[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: 1468317672387.png (886 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
1468317672387.png
886 KB, 800x1066
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Catfolk > kitsune, prove me wrong

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48230570
>>
File: 55752706_p0.jpg (6 MB, 2480x3507) Image search: [Google]
55752706_p0.jpg
6 MB, 2480x3507
Are there any Final fantasy based dancer home-brew classes? Or is the best option a bard?
>>
>>48243140
There's the War Dancer from DDS, but its not really that close to FF Dancer.
>>
For what reason does your PC enter the dungeon, /pfg/?
>>
>>48243264
GOLD!
>>
>>48243264
phat lewts
>>
File: 1457757064029.jpg (67 KB, 344x660) Image search: [Google]
1457757064029.jpg
67 KB, 344x660
>>48243264
For honor, glory and gold! Mostly just gold.
>>
>>48243286
FAME!
>>
>>48243264

Exotic monster girl waifus
>>
File: 1409928492632.jpg (119 KB, 600x920) Image search: [Google]
1409928492632.jpg
119 KB, 600x920
>>48243264
Just following orders
>>
Has /pfg/ ever played an unrepentant conquerer?
>>
File: phat-lutes.jpg (4 MB, 4210x2744) Image search: [Google]
phat-lutes.jpg
4 MB, 4210x2744
>>48243293
Aww yiss!
>>
>>48243264
Why would someone ever enter a dungeon full of monsters if it wasn't for >>48243286, to retrieve a macguffin, or to kill someone hiding in the dungeon that they want dead? Those are literally the only reasons. If it's not one of those reasons, the PCs would just go around the dungeon, literally or metaphorically, especially at higher levels.

You have to bait/force PCs to enter dungeons because everyone knows they're death traps.
>>
>>48243335

I'm playing one now, actually.

The guy gives no fucks about killing civilians.
>>
>>48243458
That's not unrepentant, that's just dumb. You need small folk to till fields.
>>
>>48243477
What kinda setting do you play in where national income is agricultural. People farm in D&D on a subsistence level and that's about it; all the real wealth comes from magical sources, the sale of arms and armor, magic items, etc. There are singular objects worth more than small kingdoms.
>>
File: DUnMeshWhat.png (223 KB, 405x797) Image search: [Google]
DUnMeshWhat.png
223 KB, 405x797
>>48243120
>ask for something to replace appearance abilities, which are something I would never get any use out of if I played a vigilante in general
>the archetype is one that replaces it with favored terrain, another ability I would probably never get any real use out of

I can't even be mad, because I just handed myself over to get played like a damn fiddle.
I'll still use it though, because I want to play a gestalt with Sorcerer||Cha-lock, and that would fit the character that goes with it.
>>
>>48243512
Not to mention, a peasant's soul is worth more than he'll ever make in his life (100gp). It's MUCH better to just kill them for their souls than it is to let them grow fuckin' potatoes.
>>
File: 1444439143094.jpg (20 KB, 234x331) Image search: [Google]
1444439143094.jpg
20 KB, 234x331
>>48243477
>You need small folk to till fields.

He's quite literally the God of Storms, Catastrophe and Chaotic War.

It's in his nature to wreck havoc in an area and move on without caring about the consequences.
>>
>>48243531
What, a peasant can make an average 7 gold a week from just the profession skill.
>>
Sohei monk gets scorching ray. Conductive weapons exist.

Because 4ki for 12d6 extra fire damage was totally necessary for a zen archer.
>>
>>48243531
Naw, see, you're making the peasant grow the wrong thing if you're putting him to work on a potato farm. Set up breeding facilities and send your conquered peasants there to grow souls for you to harvest, and you'll be rolling in the dough.
>>
>>48243568
Is it really conquering if you don't even bother to control the land you pass over?
>>
>>48243584
This does make more sense.

Relatedly, if you aborted a fetus and tried to capture its soul, you'd know whether to be pro-life or not. You'd have factual evidence.
>>
>>48243531
Peasants make 1gp per day.

>>48243512
The thing is that doesn't work to actually sustain a population. The magic and normal economies have very strained interaction. You need small folks to do a variety of tasks. Hell .5% of the population is adepts who likely have scribe scroll. They are needed to till fields, work mines, staff business, make mundane items.

In most settings you simply don't have enough magic to replicate that much labor and crafting.
>>
>>48243590

I guess not, though the land we conquer is later controlled and serviced by another member of the party who *is* a ruler-type.

I have the fun, he cleans up the mess.
>>
>>48243607
>Relatedly, if you aborted a fetus and tried to capture its soul, you'd know whether to be pro-life or not. You'd have factual evidence.
IIRC Pharasma watches over the souls of the unborn, so Golarion's cosmology is inherently pro-life.
>>
>>48243608
No, that's only peasants that are trained in some form of skilled labor. Smiths, scribes, tanners, and such like that. Untrained peasants just make 1 silver piece a day, and will make up the majority of your conquered population.
>>
>>48243305
This is the only right answer in the universe.
>>
>>48243685
That's going to be most of them with 2+int skills per level and not that many skills to choose from.
>>
>>48243685
Most peasants have a profession. You're talking about literally just heavy lifting. Profession is the most common skill for commoners.
>>
File: 1454785472639.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1454785472639.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
>>48243264
Because the dungeon thought it could just sit there uncracked, waggling its tantalizing puzzly ass like it wants it.
>>
>>48243264
To test his strength against it's inhabitants and being an adventurer is usually easier than being in the army while also be way more rewarding.
>>
>>48243264
Dungeons are frequently places where walking experience point nodes congregate.
>>
>>48243862
Being an adveturer is a lot more dangerous than being a soldier.
>>
>>48243382
Okay, so aside from social graces, do you think there's any others that should be banned for non vigi, as I can make a caveat about that in the feat.

Also now Detective loses 1st and 3rd social talent for inspiration, and can't qualify for investigator talents until 5th level, so that should help stem them a bit and make it less appealing.
>>
>>48243382
>Social Grace: The vigilante selects any one Intelligence-, Wisdom-, or Charisma-based skill other than Perception or Use Magic Device. Whenever the vigilante is in his social identity, he receives a +4 circumstance bonus on checks with the selected skill. At 5th level and every 4 levels thereafter, he can select another skill (with the same restrictions) to gain this bonus.

So...You get a somewhat less shitty skill focus that only applies when you're in social identity.
>>
>>48243875
And they carry nice gifs for slaying them like trinkets and gold.
>>
Going to play Carrion Crown soon, the current party is a druid, an archer paladin, and one undecided. The rules are 25 point buy and no third party classes, third party feats allowed by a case by case basis. What should I play to round this out? I know I asked before, but my party is indecisive as fuck.
>>
>>48244048
Arguably, without specific wording, they would simply be unable to benefit from it.

And either way, I return to my initial point: So you get a somewhat less shitty skill focus. Not seeing the problem
>>
>>48244101
BUT ANON, WITH PATH OF WAR THAT'S BROKEN AS FUCK! : ^)
>>
>>48243849
>Some social talents should NOT be for non-vigilantes.
N.Jolly is asking for specific guidance here. In your opinion which other social talents shouldn't be available to non-vigilantes? Do you think it would be easier to include as whitelist of social talents that could be taken by non-vigs?
>>
>>48244087
Blockbuster Wizard. Make sure to take Arithmancy and Sacred Geometry.
>>
>>48244066
Okay, reading over the interaction some more, I don't have a huge problem with that, but I think if I did that, I'd want to bar them from taking combat inspiration. This archetype isn't supposed to boost martial prowess, so to me, it would need to be 1 or the other to avoid making it another must take.
>>
>>48244176
Which level was it that Sacred Geometry can never fail? 11 or 15?
>>
>>48244195
I'd prefer being able to take Combat Inspiration over Inspired Weapons, if I'm honest.
>>
So what exactly is the difference between a nascent demon lord and a full demon lord, power level aside? Like, what triggers the transformation from the first to the second, and do nascent demon lords still grant spells to worshipers?
>>
>>48244218
>>
>>48244258
The main thing that defines a full demon lord is having control their own Abyssal realm. They get various bonuses while in their realm, and it will resurrect them automatically when they die (but only once per year).
A nascent lord is essentially just a really powerful demon, but they haven't taken a realm yet, which is apparently the ceiling that stops them from going over CR 25. They can still grant spells though.
>>
>>48244176
>>48244218
I asked about those options, he said he won't allow either.
>>
>>48244478
Which parts? Because Blockbuster Wizard is fine, but Sacred Geometry is a broken load of crap. You're entirely fine without it.
>>
>>48244529
Sacred Geometry and Arithmancy are what he denied. I can't find the Blockbuster archetype though.
>>
>>48244529
Blockbuster Sorcerer is better
>>
>>48244400
Okay, so it's still entirely reasonable for a nascent demon lord to have a cult following on Golarion, albeit probably a smaller one than most true demon lords have.

This is good news for my campaign.
>>
>>48244547
That's because it's not an archetype, it's a way of playing.
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=CF830C0FA4CEE8DE!489&ithint=file%2cpdf&app=WordPdf&authkey=!AA9Vz3wOw6b-VZQ
>>
>>48244584
>how to have the worst parts of playing a wizard, combined with the worst parts of playing a sorcerer!
>>
>>48244611
Yes, and in pretty much every case, being the worst parts of being a wizard still makes you better than most classes.
>>
File: 1412193166797.gif (2 MB, 400x281) Image search: [Google]
1412193166797.gif
2 MB, 400x281
>>48244176
>Blockbuster Wizard
>Arithmancy
>Sacred Geometry
>>
>>48244652
>I have never played a wizard
>>
Oh BTWay, told my publisher (Legendary Games) that the playtest was going well and that /tg/ was on the playtest, they said that if we do anymore playtest to definitely make sure they're posted here. It probably won't always be me running them, but I figured I'd let you know that.
>>
>>48244705
Hooray for that! I definitely hope to see more playtesting done here.
>>
>>48243094
Question for you guys,

In the second session of a campaign I'm in, my party made its way through a forest and discovered a lone, ornate chest in a ruined tower. The chest was magical and would only open for Good aligned or pure-hearted characters—otherwise, it would blast with concussive energy and knock you back if you put your hands on it. The rumors that had sent us to find it said many had tried to open it in the past but failed, even when trying to open it with force. Inside was a non-magical ring, and a note.

Things could have ended there, however I suggested we take the chest because it seemed to be old and magical, and possibly worth more than what we found inside it.

Seeing as all those enchantments seemed pricey, I thought it might be good to sell it if the selling price was good.

I've been informed taking treasure chests is "That Guy", but I didn't know before hand. How bad did I fuck up?
>>
>>48244782
Sounds reasonable to me, that chest's no good to anyone just sitting empty in a tower.
>>
>>48244782
Kind of a dick move to take entire chests as your loot. Not explicitly That Guy but it has the makings of a "lolsorandum" character. Especially in the second session to already be trying to break the GM's game is really shit.

I'd be wary if you were in one of my games.
>>
>>48244782
Sounds like your GM is a prick. Well, yes, taking things like doors and chests and other things that while technically valuable aren't part of the treasure is generally a bad form. But so is sending the party on a wild goose chase to find a treasure that turns out to be worth jackshit.
>>
>>48244782
Nah, that's smart adventuring logic. "This chest is magically-trapped and stuffed to the gills with enchantments. That means whatever's inside is probably important... but it also means this chest is EXPENSIVE. The local wizard academy would probably appreciate something like this on-hand, time to sell!"
>>
>>48244782
No, I can't see how that could possibly be considered That Guy. The chest is clearly magical, and PCs take magic items they find in dungeons. That's how things work, and the fact that the magic item in question is a magic treasure chest doesn't make it an exception. If your DM's plot somehow hinges around you guys ignoring that chest, then your DM is at fault for making a plot so easy to derail. Besides, why WOULDN'T a good-aligned character take a magic chest that can only be opened by like-minded people? Store the stuff you don't want evil people to be able to steal in there. There doesn't seem to be a good in character reason why someone would leave it behind.

What's the deal with the note, though?
>>
>tfw DM gave the party a portal to the plane of salt as a quest hook
>tfw the party chose to build a town around it and make a business selling the infinite supply of a valuable resource
>>
>>48245013
Hello, Tale of the Industrious Rogue.
>>
>friend makes characters and classes out of habit on hero lab.
>keeps boasting about how he's made a slayer able to deal "28d6+20" in one round, at range, or a pistolero able to deal "20d6+5d4+65" in a full round, both at level six.
>constantly tells me to make more characters, so I'll "be better at it."
>constantly criticizes my choices in race, build, etc.
>why would I make a hobgoblin rogue with half its feats to make it a whip master, it won't do enough damage, it's useless.
>why would I make a dwarf skald when I could take heavy armour proficiency.
>my kobold barbarian won't deal nearly as much damage as I think it could, and on the enemy's turn, cast invisible, fly and then dominate me.
>constantly needles me to make casters, stop focusing on "What you like, which is wrong."
>"remind me real quick, how do you figure how well something can multiclass again? Mesh, I mean," I ask.
>"...logically? I know that isn't your strong suit, but try anyway. I'm not just being a jerk here, you are perplexingly bad at it. Befuddlingly. Dare I say flabbergastingly."
>>
>>48244961
You can solve these things yourself if you learn to use iqdb or similar search tools, it's even built into 4chanx

>>48245013
Won't the Salt Elementals be upset?
>>
>>48245043
more like XP elementals
>>
>>48245000
The note was something about how a husband left his wife's "heart" in the box, their wedding ring or something I suppose, and it connects to some other rumors we'd been hearing around town (plot hook stuff).

I think the problem is that the chest, using the game rules for enchantments or even magic traps, is worth more money than a second-session party should have.
>>
>>48245079
Then the DM should resolve this situation in a way that doesn't involve giving the party the full value they should get from the chest. There are ways around this, and they aren't even complicated to come up with.
>>
>>48245079
A lot like in this post >>48245013 you're abusing the game to get what you want. A party that's only gotten through two sessions shouldn't be trying to jew the GM like that. Power gaming is a clear sign of That Guy.

Maybe keep the chest, but definitely don't sell it. If I was the GM, I'd have this come back to haunt you to be honest.
>>
>>48245034
Sounds like an ass, famalam.
>>
>>48245174
That's not abusing the game, that's the party doing something unexpected.
>>
>>48245174
I'd have the Wizard's guild pay them a nominal finder's fee and heavily imply that the wizard's only paying them at all because he needs his spell slots for something later. They're level 2, there's no way they can try to peddle big-name items with the big boys just yet.

It also gives them a strong potential enemy for later (or an ally if they prove they're competent).
>>
>>48245206
It goes against the spirit of the game. Cheats have treasure. They are not treasure in themselves.
>>
>>48245206
Not even unexpected, really. How does anyone not expect the party to keep a useful magic item they find? If the chest were just a simple Bag of Holding, nobody would be saying it's bad form for the PCs to take it. If it were a Portable Hole, people would just be saying that the DM shouldn't have put such a valuable item a dungeon for low-level PCs if he didn't want WBL to get wrecked.
>>
>>48243685
100gp is still only 1,000 days. That's not even 3 years of labor.
>>
>>48245277
Well it's a bit different when it's an item that's expected to be used by PCs rather than a heavy magic treasure chest.
>>
>>48245034
to be fair, whips are garbage in the system.

But yeah, other than that your friend is a jerk. There are better and more polite way to give advice, and really unless you're running homebrew adventures with other people who are really good at the system, complete system mastery in character building is "completely" necessary

Except for the Kobold Barbarian. That is just not a good idea and makes little sense honestly, and this is coming from someone who loves Kobolds to death.

But yeah, you're friend is an unhelpful ass, especially since he refuses to actually give you help or show you some pointers.

>>48245313
Lycanthropes. Skinwalkers. Howlings.
>>
>>48245281
I'd still take 100gp right now over 100gp in the 10+ years it takes to save it up, since most of what little the peasant does earn is spent on surviving.

This does open an interesting option for an LE nation. Heavy taxation and conniving tax collectors and bankers that give out predatory loans. Can't pay the lord your tithe, or you're about to have to foreclose your farm? Well, you have five kids, right? Losing one's better than losing all five to starvation, right?

Then there's an organization of debt collectors that take souls by force when they were put up as collateral and the indebted didn't exactly pay up.

Bonus points if some of the soul's value is used to animate their corpse to continue working.
>>
>>48245259
Where does it say that? "Treasure" is whatever bits of the dungeon are worth the most while still being portable.
>>
>>48245277
If my players were picking up every fucking trap and chest in every fucking dungeon, then the game would break. Not to mention slow down to shit. You go through dungeons for loot. You don't go in like you're some junkyard picker.

"Hey guys, here's a mysterious plot hook!"
>"take the box the plot hook came in, throw away the hook, and sell the box"

Is this your definition of fun?
>>
>>48245308
And this brings it back to my first point from >>48245000. Why wouldn't a magic chest be an item that's expected to be used by the PCs? You can ignore the idea of them selling it and there's still a reason for them to keep it, because it's a USEFUL ITEM. The PCs are worried about their valuables being stolen? They put them in the magic chest that can't be touched by non-good creatures. If any of the PCs were able to open it in the first place, those PCs should have had an interest in keeping it once they know they only they (and other honest individuals) can open it.
>>
>>48245380
Nobody said to throw away the hook, you autist. And they're not going through and "picking up every fucking trap and chest", they just found one extremely-magical chest and are considering selling it. You're over-exaggerating for no good reason.
>>
>>48245364
My Warforged Dungeoncrasher Fighter 6/Warforged Juggernaut 5 disagrees about what is 'portable'. He usually defines it as 'whatever I can't lift or is required for structural integrity'.

He can lift several tons. I once looted a house, since it had a very solid foundation. We camped in it instead of a tent. The furniture was nailed down first, obviously.

Later the Wizard enchanted it so it'd fly and we sold it to an eccentric nobleman who wanted to more literally look down on his serfs.
>>
>>48245380
Then give them loot worth taking instead of expecting them to pick up worthless junk and completely ignore anything valuable.
>>
>>48245331

Lycanthropes are a tight fit and more likely to harm the woman than anything. I believe it was canon in one of the supplements featuring skinwalkers that those who try to engage in carnal relations with their kin while in pure human form typically face serious injury.

doesnt stop it from being hot, though we gotta be realistic here.
>>
>>48245331
Kobold Barbarians can work. Urban Barbarian is good if you can get some dex to damage, since then you don't need to concern yourself with strength quite so much.
>>
>>48245431
Ring of Regeneration?
>>
>>48245471
That's a bit expensive for a sex aid
>>
>>48245331
I just pissed up the barbarian because the idea was funny. That, and I've made him capable of auto crit threat on a charged gore, deal a d4 of con damage, blind, deafen, and with my bite, make nauseated for up to eight rounds. [Spoiler]At level fifteen.[/spoiler] cough.

And it's getting to the point where I find it hard to enjoy hanging out with him for too long. My "logic problems" can be summed up as "is this funny to me?".
>>
>>48245471

You're better off getting enlarge person.

It would have to be a constant effect though, since the last thing you want is going back to medium with a large-sized dick still lodged inside you.
>>
>>48245484
A potion of Bouncy Body only costs 50gp.

I mean it's not listed in what it does, but...

>The target's flesh becomes flexible and rubbery.
>>
>>48245545
>Bouncy Body
I'm pretty sure this is a fetish
>>
>>48245531
Please no. I do not want credit for that. I made the best of tight writing constraints; I didn't want to write them and don't like them.
>>
Are there any decent fear builds that work around a Cha-based caster?
>>
>>48245589
Gareth, you've done a great job of starting to fit in, but your next lesson is learning not to respond to those kinds of posters. Just report and hide posts when needed.
>>
>>48245589
>>48245614
Yup, your (you)'s only make them grow stronger.
>>
>>48245589
Sorry, but you shall forever be known as He Who Wrought the Shota Dogboys.
>>
>>48245545
>>48245573

Bouncy Body has been the go-to spell for chicks taking monster dicks since forever.

You'd want it brewed by a reasonably experienced character though, because >10 minutes a level isn't going to cut it with a werewolf.
>>
>>48245593
Anti-paladin
>>
>>48245593
If 3rd party is allowed the Dread is probably what you're looking for. Otherwise there's an Anti-paladin option based around being spooky.
>>
Stop being upset.

And what is with the OP image?
>>
>>48245929
Glad I could help, I guess.

> TFW /pfg/ almost never discusses things I actually liked writing

> TFW the things they do are all PoW

Save me from this hell
>>
>>48246120
It appears to be a woman with feline traits
>>
>>48246120
Furfags and/or pedophiles.

>>48246133
What'd you enjoy writing? Psionics?
>>
>>48246133
Alright.

What DO you want to discuss?
>>
>>48246133
>dislike current topic
>cry about it instead of starting a new topic
Wow, Gareth really is one of us now.
>>
>>48246133
Did you not like Lords of Night?

I liked it.
>>
>>48246153
>>48246165
Fuck, man, almost anything. I'm happy with/proud of most of Bloodforge, LotN was a blast. About 60% of Psionic Bestiary was me and of that only the dragons were bothersome.

I dunno, maybe I'm just being irritable from PoW burnout.
>>
>>48246205
Is there any new Psionics content coming out that isn't Soul Knives/Occult stuff?
>>
>>48246205
https://soundcloud.com/avolience/do-your-best-circulation
>>
File: WtK Mikan.jpg (118 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
WtK Mikan.jpg
118 KB, 800x600
>>48245911
>free Robe of the Forgotten Veil

That's the strong part. It's basically a permanent 10% miss chance, 20% miss chance in dim light or darker.

Their ability to permanently see (and smell and hear) beings in the Ethereal Plane is also potentially useful and pretty unique as an effect.

Other than that, they're not bad. +2 Dex, +2 Wis -2 Str. They're one of the few small races with a bonus to Wisdom. Small size, but they still get a 30 foot base speed. Darkvision, scent are both useful but not terribly unique or powerful.

Their Favored Class options aren't too impressive, though the one for Sorcerer isn't bad, +1% on miss chance from magical effects.

Over all I'd say that thanks to their unique effects, they're strong and potentially very useful in some games (any game dealing with ghosts or the ethereal realm one would be extremely useful), but overall I wouldn't say they're one of the strongest DSP races.
>>
>>48246205
If it means anything to you, I'm going to be going through Wrath of the Righteous with a Knight Disciple Paladin who's a member of the Scales of Mourning.

Really, I absolutely love Unquiet Grave
>>
>>48246199
Is that really an example of how Akashic Mystery characters are supposed to look?
>>
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?494342-Path-of-War-Barbarian-archetype-Primal-Disciple

This guy's a faggot, right?
>>
>>48246282
Huh. What's the fluff on that, anon? The combination intrigues me.
>>
File: Totemist.jpg (52 KB, 400x437) Image search: [Google]
Totemist.jpg
52 KB, 400x437
>>48246288
No. You do get big hard to miss magical items flashing all over the place.

This is what Akashic Mysteries characters would most likely look like.
>>
File: 1466217217477.jpg (40 KB, 846x960) Image search: [Google]
1466217217477.jpg
40 KB, 846x960
>>48246338
That's the worst boob plate I've seen.
>>
>>48246338
>titplate
Pig disgusting
>>
>>48246335
Not that guy, but Unquiet Grave stacks REALLY well with frontline tanky types. The 1st-level stance that grants temp HP from strike damage is probably the best one for early-level survival, as it effectively guarantees you're going to win a 1v1, especially if paired with the 1st-level UG strike that grants temp HP and the Silver Crane strike that heals.

It continues to pair well as you progress as well.
>>
Somebody got a copy of Horror Adventures?
>>
>>48246356
Hey, if it's Akashic, she did it to herself.
>>
>>48246471
Okay, that was actually the best-case scenario. So if you know what fluff is and you know you had nothing to contribute to a conversation between two entire different people, why did you try to explain the mechanics to the guy who made the character and a guy who literally wrote the mechanics?
>>
>>48246335
I'll greentext
>Half-orc kid
>comes from a long line tracing back to some half-orc who betrayed his kind to save them from a hopeless battle, and was recruited by the humans he was originally going to let kill him
>Attending Knight/Paladin Academy
>While training one day, runs into an old man slumped against the alleys.
>helps the guy out, but the old man refuses to remove his cloak.
>Old man, impressed by the lad's generosity, decides to teach him some fighting tricks
>They talk and pal around for about a month, the boy learns much from him
>After the month, the old man asks him to take him to the local big-boss paladin
>They get there, old man reveals himself to be a starving vampire, and asks to be executed
>He came to the city to die as a way to atone for his centuries of wickedness, and decided to aid the boy in one last act of good
>asks the lad to be the one to execute him, to help teach him to strengthen his resolve
>He also leaves for him, in their old training grounds, old combat manuels so the boy can continue to learn from his master
>Years later, after graduating, the boy is now a proper Paladin of Damerrich, and has joined a knight order
>Scales of Mourning are fluffed as a splinter sect of the Knights of Ozem who use the power of the undead to not only fight against them, but to also watch over a fix problems with planar balance
>Signs up to join the Mendevian Crusade, as both a charted executioner, and to do what he can to help fix the mess of planar problems around there.
That's the short and simple version of it.

>>48246402
>>>/pol/
cuckspammer go and stay go. no one likes you, and constantly spewing pointless buzzwords like some 14 year old on Halo only makes these threads shittier
>>
>>48246369
>>48246500
>>48246356
Reminder that the shown picture is Incarnum, not Akasha. So that boobplate is something that actually exists and is worn by her, not something crafted by her.
>>
>>48246501
I was expressing my favor for that particular combination of PoW mechanics. Positive feedback is important, I think.
>>
>>48246500
I blame the illustrator!
>>
>>48246501
Because it's his opinion and this is a place where conversations happen. He may have just liked a particular combination and wanted to express his favour for it.

What's the big problem?

Even if you don't have something new to contribute, you can still show favour/support for various choices. That's okay, right precious?
>>
is hell's vengeance any good?
>>
>>48246512
That's neat as hell. I like it.

>>48246382
Also neat. I've had my doubts about Grave, especially its counters, but it's nice to see the defensive theme bear out.
>>
>>48234923
I'm trying to build a very general-purpose character that could fit into almost any party.

Do you have any tips on feats? I have three to spend and I don't need weap spec that badly.
>>
>>48245034

The last time I had someone like that in my group I continuously made worse and worse characters while he progressively lost his shit more and more. It was hilarious.
>>
File: DOOOONHAPPY.jpg (15 KB, 192x165) Image search: [Google]
DOOOONHAPPY.jpg
15 KB, 192x165
>>48246558
No, I've been posting here for a year and lurking a bit before that. Been around /tg/ since '09, though.

I've brought attention to a few key issues before as well, like the Akashic version of Psycarnum Infusion's ability to be abused to gain early access to what are the equivalent of much higher level spells. That's why it's limited to a maximum augmentation cost reduction of 1PP per power level now.

I'm still waiting for an Antipaladin version of the Knight Disciple archetype.

>>48246613
Thanks, based janitors. Have this very happy druid.

>>48246631
UG works as a tank discipline moreso than Iron Tortoise because it uses offense to defend, rather than passive or reactive defense. The counters are, I'll admit, its weakest part as a discipline, but it sort of doesn't need amazing counters since the tankiness you get out of it stacks with very aggressive tactics.

I plan on using a Vampire centering on the Bite attack at some point. I would've liked an IC RAW way to gain vampirism rather than plain GM fiat - it's honestly something you could apply a price tag to, since most of the benefits are raw and numerical - but oh well.
>>
So with Blood of Shadows, Ultimate Intrigue and the rest of the more recent books, Illusion has gotten really powerful. I mean, Baleful Shadow Transmutation? Subjective Reality? The Hallucination series of spell that fill in the details for you based on your targets' expectations? Phantasmal fucking Affliction?

I need the best illusionist there is and am looking for stacking increases to save DCs. Right now I got a Blood Arcanist (Arcane) with the following:
10 +INT +Spell Level
+1 Racial (Gnome)
+1 Spell Focus
+1 Greater Spell Focus
+1 Arcanist boost
+1 Potent Magic
+ 1 Silver Piece Power Component
+2 Esoteric Illusion (material component feat, but it's a variant rule)
+2 Arcane bloodline School Power
+1 Arcane bloodline arcana for spells with metamagic
+2 Spell Perfection for one spell
+1 Lore Seeker trait, for three spells

Anything I'm missing? The volume of info you got to sift through these days is just mindboggling.
>>
>>48246694
Don't copy and paste deleted posts, famalam.

>>48246700
If you're going Blood Arcanist, why not go full fatty and PrC into Bloatmage?
>>
>>48246700
You need a way to bypass mind-affecting immunity or you're useless.
>>
File: 1325116896912.gif (4 MB, 544x408) Image search: [Google]
1325116896912.gif
4 MB, 544x408
I need two players for my Roll20 campaign.
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/50095/nightmare-on-hook-street
>>
>>48246700
Varisian Tattoo, Ioun Stones, and some 3pp feats.
>>
>>48246768
>15 point buy
Into the trash it goes

>Humans only
Set the trash on fire.

>Starting at level 1
Set yourself on fire like the trash GM you are.
>>
>>48246768
Nigga

No
>>
Janitor took Whirlwind Attack, apparently.

>>48246775
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

>Complaining about 4chan (its policies, moderation, etc) on the imageboards may result in post deletion and a ban.

>>48246768
I like the lack of relevant information.
>>
>not liking human only games
pleb detected
>>
>>48246768
Hook Street
>Not Hook crescent

It's boulevard or above for nightmare scenarios for me.

Also...is this really best suited for Pathfinder? I only took a glance, but you really might want to look at World of Darkness.
>>
>>48246850
>Not knowing how to reply to posts
Please stop
>>
>>48246848
Mythic Whirlwind attack, apparently. All of him and a bit of everyone who knew the guy.
>>
>>48236833
>Maybe Shitlordius over here could learn that even these subhuman untermenschs he partied with aren't all useless mongrels and he humbles himself even a tiny bit.

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey.

Shitlordius Maximus (AKA Marcus) isn't a racist. He's simply a lawful good Ubermensch meant to be a mockery of Paizo's rampant tokenism and SJW tier character writing, by going in the opposite direction (and actually being a respectable person, rather than LOL REBELZZZ)
>>
>>48246859
>you really might want to look at World of Darkness.
Call of Cthulhu and even Warhammer 40k do investigative horror better. It's not hard to swap it to a fantasy setting.

>>48246888
It's what the Cavalier wishes Ride-by Attack did.
>>
>>48243264
Buncha faggots keep invading that convenient cave that fucks all trade routes, MY trade routes, and someone has to get shit done. Then one week after a bunch of slightly stronger meatheads invade it again, and so there we go again.
Then we hire a guard on the goddamn cave and lay traps but not like it matters.
At this point gm is abusing the "strategic point" being the only exit of this middle of the mountain city.
So we go, we conquer, we loot, we hire bigger guards and give them barrels filled with explosives
Guess what happens. Yes, bigger bandits take on the lair while we're out doing shit, and they still have the explosives with them.
But that's part of keikaku
Next session, we're flooding the cave with fuckloads of alcohol and setting it on fire so barrels explode and we get over the fucking cave
>>
>>48246881
>implying mistakes don't happen
You're still a pleb.
>>
>>48246898
Wouldn't a better mockery be a fantasy version of the Minoriteam?
>>
>>48246898
We know that, you already explained it.

It kinda said leagues about that guy that when he hears:
Archetypal blonde haired blue eyed hero character he thinks the player must be racist.
>>
>>48247008
As the poster of Marcus, I went to bed shortly after the "Erm, setting phrase" thing explaining how there was literally no casters in the setting, just initiators and alchemists, and slept through that argument.

Ooh, that's who I'll make the fourth member of the Premades, an Alchemist (with the Initiator Archetype, ofc). Potion maker, traditionalish wizard (in the form of a Mystic), token evil teammate Stalker (Vigilante), and Blonde Haired Blue Eyed Paladin-type (Warlord with Silver Crane).
>>
File: oWoDinanutshell.gif (2 MB, 471x281) Image search: [Google]
oWoDinanutshell.gif
2 MB, 471x281
>>48246848
What you need to know?
>>48246859
I had GMed the whole Carrion Crown as well Rise of the Runelords aps. I still have fond memories of how much fun that was had with the horror aspects in the first and in the second module of the later.
>>
>>48246993
It's generally more positive to play a positive rolemodels than negative stereotypes.

IE: Less people will be mad at a LG Aryan Ubermensch than a SJW high-con low-cha barbarian with constant sonic scream
>>
>>48246537
That's true, but also irrelevant to whether it's Akasha or Incarnum. Akasha and Incarnum are the same thing, with the same visuals.
>>
>>48246594
guys?
>>
>>48247283
It's aight, book 2 is a bit weird because it uses social combat stuff.
>>
File: download (24).jpg (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (24).jpg
3 KB, 225x225
Sup /pfg/.
How do I make Punisher type paladin/hellknight without falling and becoming evil?
>>
>>48247422
I dunno bruh, Punisher's neutral on his BEST of days. And even then only barely.
>>
>>48246689
> I'm still waiting for an Antipaladin version of the Knight Disciple archetype.

You'll likely be waiting for a very long time. The collective interest the team has in antipaladin could not possibly be lower.

> I would've liked an IC RAW way to gain vampirism rather than plain GM fiat - it's honestly something you could apply a price tag to, since most of the benefits are raw and numerical - but oh well.

I'm not as sure that a flat cost is something feasible, especially since some benefits - like undead immunities - remain evergreen while others taper off in importance.
>>
>>48247422
Which version of the Punisher? Because generally, you don't. Look at Ragathiel and Damerrich, though.
>>
>>48246811
Your argumentation has made me seen the light. I'll wipe out my anus with Lovecraft's Supernatural Horror in Literature and accept applications of races that can see in darkness, have light as spell like abilities or elemental resistances as well as stats done with a 25 points build because kids these days will shit their pants with jump scares done with Chucky cheese animatronics and Conan never did flee from a supernatural threat that he could defeat, fuck me right?
>>
L A D S

What domain/inquisiton abilities are good for archers I'm killing myself looking at the lists here and watching everything that sounds cool turn out terrible
>>
File: 1467756333699.jpg (84 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1467756333699.jpg
84 KB, 480x368
>>48247464
>>
File: Smug Anime Slut.gif (310 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Smug Anime Slut.gif
310 KB, 400x400
So what advice applies to games with low players, both for GMs and the players in it? I think we have a good variety of characters and utility and with any luck because we have a low number it'll allow me (GM) to do something a bit more character oriented than normal.
>>
>>48247464
that baby is terrifying
>>
>>48247422
Punisher is in NO way a Paladin, not even a Gray Paladin. He's also not a Hellknight, he's too chaotic for that. I'd say an Inquisitor personally.
>>
>>48247447
Punisher is pretty close to LG, except when he goes out of his way to torture people.
>>
>>48247511
Savage Technologist maybe, given his predilection for guns and anger.

>>48247550
Like Hell Punisher's Good.
>>
>>48247558
>Murders degenerates, criminal scum, and neer-do-wells
>Keeps the streets clean

>Not good

Punisher is the LG your Paladin wishes his pussy-ass god would let him be.
>>
>>48247586
Murdering bad people doesn't make you good, anon. The fuck you think this is, a Bethesda game?

He's a revenge-fueled asshole.
>>
>edgelord shitposting again
kek
>>
>>48247586
>>48247609
Is this going to end up with feeding criminals to orphans?
>>
>>48247586
>Herald of Ragathiel
>I'm the one holding my god down.

>>48247609
Speaking of Ragathiel. Righteous vengeance can be a lawful good trait.

He doesn't kill innocents. He's LG, just not...mainstream LG.
>>
So is there a guide/breakdown to Zweihander Sentinel Warder? Looking to make one for a S&S Campaign as a kind of wandering learned mercenary.
>>
>>48247558
Would he work as an Intinuator Antipaladin?
>>
>whining about Punisher bullshit
>>>/co/
>>
>>48247558
>Like Hell Punisher's Good.
He kills evil people and makes damn sure he doesn't hurt innocent people even by accident. If not for the times when he goes overboard with punishments and being almost entirely motivated by revenge, he'd be stellar example of a LG fighter.
>>
>>48247648

What are the Point Buy, starting level?
>>
>>48247659
>Doing it in the context of tabletop games
>>>/tg/

>>48247647
On further thought, I think LN is still a better fit. He enjoys the torture a little too much.
>>
>>48247648

1. Get a big weapon
2. Beat people with it
3. Counter all the shit that would shut you down if you weren't so awesome
>>
>>48247636
>>48247609

Is it a good action to cleanly rip the head off an evil child?
>>
>>48247689
>hurr my retardation is ACTUALLY ABOUT /TEEG/
Didn't work so great for blinklings, did it? Fuck off, nigger.
>>
>>48247673
25 and 4th. GM says hes beefing the campaign since all the players bar me were looking for something brutal.
>>
>>48244087

I'd say Dirge Bard, but I am somewhat partial to the class.Then again, the campaign starts at a funeral, why not go ham on this occasion?
>>
>>48247672
It's not the revenge bit, that's fine for LG. Punishment is also about the rights of the victims and catharsis.

It's just that he enjoys the torture and cruelty a bit much to be good-good.

>>48247720
For what? Just for scanning evil?
No.

>>48247721
Sure it did, we still talk about them. Can't make me.
>>
Worth noting, the Punisher is whatever you want him to be. His creators acknowledge the fact he's as thin as fucking rice paper characterwise.

He IS a tremendously horrible person though. That's pretty much all he's got.
>>
>>48247756
You fags aren't even trying to pretend this is about Pathfinder now. Just have your circlejerk on your containment board like the rest of you autists.
>>
>>48247720
Man I remember that shitshow.
>>
File: actually_anon.png (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
actually_anon.png
19 KB, 200x200
>>48247786
I think you'll find we're more discussing alignment overall than just the Punisher by this point.
>>
>>48247495
Define 'low'. Then I can help you.

I'm that guy that frequently posts whole complex encounter breakdowns.
>>
>>48247731

Make the character big, beefy and with solid staying power.

Assuming human, an extremely solid selection of feats is Power Attack, Furious Focus, Improved Initiative and... Well, the last feat is up to you since there are some nifty Style feats for PoW from Expanded.

Tell us more about your character, do you want him to be a spearman, a one-handed swordsman?

As for attributes (factoring in Human and 4th level.) 18 12 13 16 12 10.
>>
Alright, here's a question for you.

As a finesse using Mystic, which would it be better to have as your 18, the other a 16: Dexterity or Wisdom?
>>
>>48247823
Dex, you'll still get +2 to your maneuvers if you use a discipline weapon putting you at effectively 20 wisdom
>>
>>48247823
Well that depends on which one is higher and what kind of maneuvers you use.

If it's all about hitting the enemy and damaging them with attacks, you're probably going to want to pay more attention to dex, because that's generally useful.

But if you have a lot of things that scale off WIS, like DC-based maneuvers or stances/styles that use your initiator mod (like elemental nimbus), WIS would be a better call.
>>
>>48247745
>It's not the revenge bit, that's fine for LG. Punishment is also about the rights of the victims and catharsis.
Eh... Punisher is a dude who, after being traumatized by war went batshit insane when his wife and children were gunned down and started his own private war against all sorts of criminal scum. He's not doing it to make the victims of other crimes feel better or to otherwise help them. He also told angels to go fuck themselves, because he doesn't really care about doing good, he only cares about fighting his war. You COULD argue that the good he does still makes him LG, but I'd say that if he is, he's really close to slipping to neutral.

>>48247786
/tg/ is the containment board for bitching about how alignments are a terrible system.
>>
Question, is there a way to get a Soulknife to manifest two two-handed weapons?

I've had my eye on Titan Mauler 2/Soulknife (or Mindblade Magus) for a while, and I just got into a game that looks like I can try it in.

Vanilla Soulknife sadly has a restriction that it can only manifest one two-handed weapon at a time.

What would the feats look like for a build like this?
>>
Is there something to let me lengthen the use of Domain powers? Something to let me take a 3+WIS round/day to 3+WIS min/day or some-such.
>>
>>48247914
If evil deeds with good intentions can still net you evil, I would argue that good deeds with selfish intentions could still qualify you for good.

Though agreed, overall he's still neutral in my book. He's way too all over the place for either good or evil, which is why neutral exists; they can be fine with either.
>>
>>48246205
how where the dragons bothersome? just boring and overdone? What was your fav monster you did in the book?
>>
>>48248015
>If evil deeds with good intentions can still net you evil, I would argue that good deeds with selfish intentions could still qualify you for good.
The way I've always seen it is that being Evil is easy while being Good is hard. Doing Evil things for Good reasons is Evil. Doing GOOD things for Evil reason is ALSO Evil. It's only when you do Good things for Good(or at least Neutral) reasons(or neutral things for Good reasons, arguable) when you're truly acting Good. Of course, selfish and evil are hardly synonymous so someone who does Good things for reasons that are ultimately selfish can still be Good...
>>
File: 1342327178878.jpg (55 KB, 331x331) Image search: [Google]
1342327178878.jpg
55 KB, 331x331
>>48247957
>>
File: swordandshackles.png (6 MB, 2322x2640) Image search: [Google]
swordandshackles.png
6 MB, 2322x2640
Anyone have a good recommendation for a tabletop/pathfinder deals website? I like having miniatures and things for my physical games, rather than just making my own paper figures, and recently during coolstuffinc's july 4th sale bought a bunch of the Swords and Shekles booster packs for less than half MSRP. The booster packs are generally way too expensive for what you get in my opinion, plus gambling for figures is bullshit, but for half price I was really happy with what I got. $1.75 for a mini with 1/4 being a large mini is pretty decent, and the quality on many of the large ones is better than say reaper bones or even many reaper metal figures. Had I not been randomly browsing that site I'd have missed that.

Anyways, anyone know a good site like slickdeals or dealzon, but for tabletop rpg/pathfinder/d&d stuff?
>>
File: 1448064681009.jpg (154 KB, 669x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448064681009.jpg
154 KB, 669x1000
Making a Cleric for the first time. Are there any starting feats that are a "must have" for 1st level Clerics? Spellcasting is the priority, but martial combat is a close second.
>>
>>48248546
Honestly Clerics are so versatile that you can take pretty much any feat that doesn't have a BAB gate and be alright.

Combat Casting and Improved Initiative are always solid choices.
>>
>>48248546
There really isn't a "must have" feat for 1st level clerics. I usually go with something like Improved Initiative. Selective channeling isn't bad, if I'm planning to play with Channel Energy a lot, but I find other classes do energy channeling better than Clerics anyway.
>>
The summoner, as it stands, suffers from too much utility and spellcasting potential. Even the unchained version failed to reign it in and it continued to slap around the action economy like a little bitch.

An idea to potentially mitigate its too-effectiveness would be to have their spells per day progress as a ranger/paladin, with access to their first spell at 4th.

Conversely, rangers and paladins should begin their spells per day progression at 1st level.

Thoughts?
>>
>>48248710
I feel like the Summon Monster SLA is stupid.

The Class's Unique Thing is their Eidolon, so why do they have an ability that replicates something they and other people could already do that STOPS them from being unique?

If they want to be able to cast summon monster, they should just take it in their actual spells.
>>
>>48243094
So my DM mentioned in relation to a character build they put together for me that deny death let you not die for a round and kept your hp at one. Later we found out it didn't do anything like that, But the dm legitimately thinks it came from somewhere, I don't have complete system knowledge so does anyone know of an ability that is similar to keeping you from going unconcious or dropping dead from damage? Old versions of things count.
>>
>>48245043
why are there so many deleted posts?
>>
>>48249014
Shitposting about Blinklings.
>>
>>48249044
>Blinklings
what?
>>
>>48248546
Good, or Evil?

If it's Evil, the must-have is probably Spell Focus (Necromancy), so that you can Spell Specialization (Lesser Animate Dead) and then Animate Dead at 5th. Seriously, pumping CL for Frostfallen is an excellent usage of resources, and in the off chance the enemy is exceptionally proficient at dealing Fire damage, just use regular zombies.

Don't bother with channeling to control undead, the HD cap is pathetic.

>>48249044
Wrong.

>>48249014
Rampant shitposting, or 'the Janitor decided one guy was a shithead and deleted everything he posted and nearly every response to him'. Thanks again, Janiman. I hope you liked my very happy druid.
>>
>>48249061
A stupid bloodforge race that are basically halfling/blinkdog hybrids.
>>
File: ChaikaRising.gif (409 KB, 530x420) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaRising.gif
409 KB, 530x420
>look at how many archetypes I can stack together using the stuff from Legendary Vigilante
>mfw as many as FIVE archetypes slapped on top of one another
>Warlock, Exposed Vigilante, Focused Hunter, Inquisitive Detective, Dragon Champion
>mfw this could be either an Int-lock or a Cha-lock by using the social talent from Exposed Vigilante
>dragon champion is almost entirely pointless since you'd probably never want take any of the dragon talents as a warlock

I wish I had money to throw at this once it gets released, because this just gets better and better.
>>
>>48249073
>just use regular zombies.
Excuse me, use Fiery Skeletons instead, silly me. You'll want to turn them loose somewhere afterward.

Later on, use spell research to learn Blood Money and grab a Wand of Lesser Restoration to fix the damage it causes. 3 points of STR damage is all you'll realistically have to take at once - just make sure you pile your corpses up nice and tall to animate 'em all at once.

It's much cheaper to use the wand than it is to use actual black onyx, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>48249073
>Frostfallen
I haven't heard about these guys, what's the deal with them?
Looking over the entry on the srd, they seem kinda like a straight upgrade to zombies.
>>
Who is the best Archdevil and why is it Dispater?
>>
>>48249150
Skeleton upgrade morelike, but yes.

The difficulty: You need a shitload of ice as well as onyx to make them. This is where Blood Money comes in. That or just kinda live in the tundra or something.
>>
>>48249175
Clearly Moloch.
Mammon is cool too.
>>
>>48249108
Be fair. They were first in Bastards and Bloodlines.
>>
>>48243578
Monks being able to throw Gunflames is a perfectly acceptable reason to buff a low tier class tbdesu.
>>
What's the total number of add-ons Animate Dead has gotten?
You've got zombies, fast zombies, plague zombies, skeletons, bloody skeletons, flaming skeletons, exoskeletons, paleoskeletons, and frostfallen by my count.
>>
>>48249323
Oh wait paleoskeletons might not be official, they're from that tome of horrors adaptation. Still though.
>>
>That shitty Iron Gods campaign that people keep leaving start a Reign of winter campaign

I feel bad for the person who falls for the trap group.
>>
>>48249323
That's about it. Pretty solid list, though, when it comes to doing the Fighter better than the Fighter.
>>
>>48249002
anyone?
>>
File: bel.jpg (29 KB, 400x316) Image search: [Google]
bel.jpg
29 KB, 400x316
>>48249175
>>48249261
>Not venerating clearly superior Lord of the First, Bel, the Hellbro.
>>
File: tumblr_o2gmnaJOCR1rhln68o2_1280.png (649 KB, 713x713) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2gmnaJOCR1rhln68o2_1280.png
649 KB, 713x713
>>48243094
Is there a way to make Medium Good? Build wise, no modifications. I'm torn between re animator and relic channeler. but is there anything this class actually does well? it doesn't seem very useful, pretty spastic actually. I admit I've avoided the occult book like the plague, so my level of mastery and understanding of any of this material is pretty shallow.
>>
>>48248710
The first part is stupid (delaying casting to 4th), the second part (having 4th casting start at level one) should have already been done. Every other spellcasting class can cast from level one; full BAB is nowhere near a good enough reason for 4th casters to have to wait four goddamned levels for it.

The thing that causes bad feelings about the Summoner is their ability to slow down play with their tokens and very pointedly steal the spotlight from martial characters with their pets. Their 6th casting is not an issue, or people would cream themselves over the Meguca Vigilante archetype.

>>48248884
The unique trick of the class is standard action, level appropriate summoning. This makes them the only arcane class able to spontaneously summon. The Eidolon is just there to make people feel bad for writing Fighter on their character sheet.

That's honestly a problem with how the Fighter didn't get 1pp class abilities until archetypes poached them from other classes and the X Master's Handbooks came out.
>>
>>48249572
Use a halfling as the base. Make a medium. Engage in lots of dastardly deeds.
Now you're a small medium at large.
>>
>>48243337
bardtakesmonkeygrip.jpg
>>
File: tumblr_nyv22kMbUJ1snieruo2_500.jpg (121 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyv22kMbUJ1snieruo2_500.jpg
121 KB, 500x707
>>48249614
I don't want to have a bad time.
>>
>>48249572
I've heard good things about the Kami Medium, mostly because the Ofuda system it uses has some neat uses that make it unique among casters.
>>
>>48249650
I'd like something to make use of the ledgends though, otherwise theres not really a reason i can tell to play the class
>>
>>48249572
Champion and Hierophant are your main binds. Trickster out of combat, Marshall for face work, Archmage for long periods of downtime. You're a martial class with 4th to 6th level casting, that can fill in as a skillmonkey or party face given fair warning.

If you really like math, use the Spirit Dancer archetype.
>>
>>48249650
Kami medium is cool as fuck, but unfortunately it's on a 4th level caster class that otherwise looks boring as fuck.

that's just my opinion, though
>>
>>48249572
You can make a decent two-handed warrior using the Champion. You'll put out entirely respectable DPS, plus you have access to 4th level spell casting. You even get a slightly gimped Pounce at level 11.

So build a fighter, get medium armor and a two handed weapon, and you'll be able to do the Fighter roll pretty well, plus have spells. Just with Champion channeled you'll be sitting at Tier 3.

Then, any day you need to, you can instead become a Cleric, or a Wizard or a Rogue.

So if your party is now going to spend some time in town, swap out to Trickster for extra skills and free ranks if you need to. Or go with Archmage and you get to pick different spells to help you - and every morning you can pick a whole new set of spells.

Basically to play the Medium, you pick one focus to be good at and then you have the choice of changing out to the others if you ever need to or want to. No, you're never going to be as badass as a character who is that case, but you'll be very close and have a huge amount of versatility. I find making the Champion the "base" Spirit works best, but you can do whatever else you want.

You could also pick up the Spirit Dancer Archetype and jump between different roles at will if you prize versatility above all else. That's my absolute favorite Archetype, but some people find that it has too many options.
>>
Why are there so few Antipaladin archetypes
Initiating archetype when
>>
>>48249745
>You could also pick up the Spirit Dancer Archetype and jump between different roles at will if you prize versatility above all else.
What a fantastic way to be good at nothing.
>>
>>48249779
That was literally asked earlier this thread you goit.

And the answer was no, incidentally.
>>
>>48249779
Never, literally nobody at DSP likes the antipaladin, apparently.

I bet they had a shitty player who always played them once and got burned.
>>
>>48249790
Oh dang I missed that.
That sucks.
>>
>>48249683
You're not wrong, but at least then you can have a 6th level ofuda caster or a 4th level Fighter/Ofuda user. Normal Medium you have that minus the cool Ofuda part and Shikigami, and instead you get the ability to damage a Haunt.
>>
>>48249779
Can't you just take the Paladin archetype, swap Silver Crane for Black Seraph and every instance of Positive with Negative and call it a day?
>>
File: lwVx0DW.png (70 KB, 540x491) Image search: [Google]
lwVx0DW.png
70 KB, 540x491
>>48249745
I think my big deal is I'm not really sure what abilities are worth gaining influence over. they honestly don't seem very useful. maybe I should just check out one of those filthy color coded casual guides. The usefullness of the different legends compared to other existing options just isn't jumping out at me.
>>
>>48249834
Not really, the paladin's all about protecting people whereas the antipaladin's supposed to be all about fucking people over. The abilities don't work thematically.
>>
>>48249834
Knight-Disciple has a ton of ally-protecting stuff, and it'd be too strong if you turned them into enemy-gimping things as the maneuvers kinda already do that.

You'd want to dump Golden Lion for Unquiet Grave, though.
>>
>>48249455

Link? I remember there was an Iron Gods campaign that kept hemmoraghing players.
>>
>>48249798
Why is it the CE alignment? Im sure they can work around that.
>>
File: 1402809548078.jpg (86 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
1402809548078.jpg
86 KB, 600x439
Once again, before I have to leave for Alaska tomorrow morning

From the creator of the Blood Reaver and Seneschal: The Lord of the Lash, an initiating archetype that specializes in whips, chains, flails, and other lash like weapon

>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H3wuQkHv6CBBbXHe229TMv-pEYB9HshPOzSFIYT6bQk/edit?usp=sharing

PLEASE give me critique, criticism, advice, ideas, giref, et cetera. I'm not above even reworking stuff from the ground up.

HURT ME MOAR!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.