[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/ >tfw your new party is astonish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: blu5.jpg (1 MB, 1916x1040) Image search: [Google]
blu5.jpg
1 MB, 1916x1040
Pathfinder General /pfg/

>tfw your new party is astonished killing people has consequences

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48216707
>>
File: 1439169285287.gif (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1439169285287.gif
6 KB, 200x200
How's your game going so far /pfg/? Any storytimes?
>>
>>48230656
It starts in 20 minutes and I'm scared goddamn shitless, but also excited.
>>
File: Shadowland_Vol_1_1_Variant.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2018) Image search: [Google]
Shadowland_Vol_1_1_Variant.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2018
>>48230660
So what I'm hearing is that you're basically playing co-op Highlander? Last man standing and all that. I'm guessing the 'only reason' bit also implies the potential for PVP?

>>48230686
Are you the GM?
>>
As a player, how do you handle loot? It seems complicated and that it would involve a lot of math.
>>
>>48230751
Usually you have someone appraise any non-gp loot, or identify magic items, and compile that as a money figure, assuming you can sell it. Most people will take jewels and jewelery etc as being essentially money anyways.
>>
>>48230463
>Stop liking what I don't like!
I'm aware. There are some who watch it, though. They're the ones I asked.

>>48230412
Thing is, my GM throws out bonus feats like candy, to the point where it's legitimately the better option to take the extra +2 rather than the human extra feat. I honestly wouldn't lose much from taking the VMC.

I'll ask about taking INT. It's a sidegrade, for sure.
>>
How many people in /pfg/ are desperate for a game and would want to play low level mythic adventures? I'm gauging interest. The plan of the campaign is political strife on the boarder between an empire and a crumbling set of city states, the party being part of one of three mercenary companies (that they choose during session 0). The party receives their mythic sparks in the opening scene and are thrust into a war they didn't know existed.

The reason the party members have to stick together and keep going at all is their mythic sparks. All mythic power is garnered by killing and consuming other creature's mythic sparks, so people will be coming for them whether they like it or not. Opportunistic demi-gods looking for weak prey.

The mercenary companies will be where most NPCs are drawn from, allies and companions for the PCs as they navigate the world.

Some things that would need to be known:
>we're not using standard races, instead there are humans plus a number of homebrew ones (two are human offshoots, three are not)
>25PB
>I'm fine with 3rd part content, and am experienced with DSP. I however reserve the right to veto anything, 3rd part or no, for being too dumb.
>would start at level 1/mythic 1
>some spells are simply not in the game, I will provide a full list before character creation. Some high profile ones are most forms of resurrection magic & spells that replicate other spells (I'm looking at you shadow evocation). Another is stuff like Planar Binding and similar spells are edited due to planar communication/travel being very dangerous & rare. This is partially balancing since planar binding is very easily abused, and partially for setting reasons.
>>
>>48230814
I'd be down.
>>
>>48230741
>So what I'm hearing is that you're basically playing co-op Highlander? Last man standing and all that. I'm guessing the 'only reason' bit also implies the potential for PVP?
Yes. Early on PvP is less viable because there is a chance you won't get a usable spark out of it (smaller the spark the higher the chance it burns out upon the user's death). However you can nurture and ensure party members become ripe for the harvest later. That and there are a limited number of sparks to go around.

Posted more info >>48230814

Another this is we'd be using the Background Skills system, and a homebrewed replacement for base fighter (I need the version play tested). That and everyone would receive Deific Obedience at level 1 if they so choose for a god in setting, or if not they can elect for a different feat from a small list (including Skill Focus).
>>
>>48230860
>Skill Focus (Sense Motive)
>As a Scarlet Throne User

Yes, excellent, where can I sign up?
>>
>>48230741
Yes, I am the GM.
>>
>>48230909
You'll do great, just have fun.
>>
>>48230909
What are you doing on 4chan you nigger
There's always some last minute prep that you could be doing, get inspired
>>
File: 201210051415_4.jpg (81 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
201210051415_4.jpg
81 KB, 533x800
So how far down can a Folding Bridge fold? How big is it unfolded?

What I'm saying is, if my Oracle can already do the Bridge of Moonlight, is it worth it to carry one anyway?
>>
>>48230943
I am. I'm listening to music, doing tokens, fixing up the map, and going over note shit. I'm just also here shitposting because I feel like I'm gonna vomit.
>>
>>48230656
I kicked and replaced a player for metagaming the entire AP. he then blocked me on every form of social media thinking I had some personal agenda against him.
>>
Is there a good list of non-magical gear that everyone should have?

I don't want shit like earplugs and candle wax, but things like "bedroll" and "50ft of rope"?

Is there a similar list of magical gear?
>>
>>48230909
How many off-the-rails encounters do you have prepared that you can adapt to happen wherever the PCs go?
>>
>>48230973
Get yourself a beer or a shot. One. You don't want to be drunk, just loose enough to start talking. Trust me, once you start, the momentum is self-sustaining.
>>
Hey, go look in the Trove under Cryptosnark Games.

The Book of Distinctions and Drawbacks has been re-uploaded to the up-to-date version, with a full 73 pages of content worth of drawbacks, advantages, trait-like things, and a shitloaad of stuff. It helps flesh out characters, and gives some decent mechanical options.
>>
>>48231021
http://www.geekindustrialcomplex.com/downloads/files-page/handyhaversackpackv1.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

I will never stop plugging the Handy Haversack Pack. 2k for the Haversack, 1185 GP for the gear. It's gotten me out of more than a few scrapes.
>>
>>48230860
>>48230890
>>48230814
I'm this GM. Follow this Discord link and you'll be able to get to general & applicants. I'll sticky a post in general sometime today with the necessary setting information and character creation stuff. In general you can ask questions, then post character sheet in applications.

>https://discord.gg/Du6EH

Likely will be at least 1-2 days before the necessary documents get up there.
>>
>>48231031
Zero, but I basically just make shit up on the fly outside of a vague outline.
>>
>>48231069
Should have some of its contents changed for a Traveler's Any Tool.

Traveler's Any Tool, Handy Haversack, Marvelous Pigment, Tengu's Drinking Jug. There needs to be more qualify of life magic items.
>>
>>48231031
>>48231079
This the most important advice. Have a pile of story-agnostic encounters, at least a half-dozen to start with. (And I don't just mean combat encounters; traps are encounters, puzzles are encounters, even social interaction can be encounters. Reward XP and loot accordingly.)

As you DM, you'll have encounters prepped that the PCs never even go near. That's fine! That's good! That means you can take that wonderfully hand-crafted encounter and add it to your pile, so when you need something like that encounter again in the future, it's already there waiting.

When your players go somewhere you didn't expect them to, sure, you can just make something up, but it won't be as good as if you'd already had something prepared (and let's be real, the players are often blown away by how you had that area they thought they were gonna stump you with "prepped").

Players WILL go off the rails, and making up encounters off the top of your head is death.
>>
File: 1402809548078.jpg (86 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
1402809548078.jpg
86 KB, 600x439
Once more, since I got a lot of good critique last time, and I need something else to doo while coming down from the painkillers the dentist game me when getting my fillings today

From the anon who brought you Blood Reaver and Seneschal, comes the Lord of the Lash, an Initiating Swashbuckler Archetype specializing in whips, chains, flails, and other such lash-like weapons. Inspired by characters such as Zorro, the Belmonts, Ivy, Axl Low, and many others.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H3wuQkHv6CBBbXHe229TMv-pEYB9HshPOzSFIYT6bQk/edit?usp=sharing

Critique, changes, ideas, comments, criticisms, and overall input of any kind is appreciated and considered.

I cannot feel the right side of my face.
>>
>>48231019
Which AP was it?
>>
>>48231518
Iron Gods.
>>
>>48231598
Are you that DM from the roll20 campaign that always seems to be in lfg?
>>
>>48231936
Nope.
>>
>>48230656

We're just starting a new campaign, had our Session 0 to settle backstories, motivations, etc., and going to start the game proper next weekend. Group is as follows:

>Half-Jiang-shi dhampir who turned to loud rock music to rebel (Skald)
>Some kind of rabbit-y battle maid (Vigilante)
>A snake lady in search of a stolen artifact (Naga Aspirant Druid)
>Halfling fortune teller/grave robber on the run from the law (Relic Channeler Medium)
>!notRugby player who's just a man with a man's courage (Shield Champion Brawler)

Apparently the game will turn Mythic at some point; never used Mythic rules before, so I'm kind of excited. GM seemed a little nonplussed by our party, though.
>>
Hey guys... anyone got an open spot in a game?
>>
>>48232357
I'm 99% sure Pathfinder games don't actually happen and are only myths.
>>
>>48232492
You'd be wrong!

Most of them are just run face-to-face.
>>
>>48232536
I wish I could do that. My new place isn't big enough to fun games in. Living in the big city is kinda shit.
>>
>>48232492
They certainly feel that way.

I'm in two one-on-one non-pathfinder games, because scheduling has become harder and harder.

One of my friend's almost decade-long cosmology spanning about a dozen parties/campaigns recently wrapped up spoiler alert: reality ended

The other one...sucks at commitment. I enjoy him GMing, but damn if it isn't hard to get some of them to agree on a day. I'm 90% certain one campaign is dead, and pretty confident the other will be delayed so often I'll have to leave again.
>>
>>48232547
Do 'em at a local library, then. S'what I do.
>>
Does the vigilante actually work for making a fear-based Batman-like character? I'm looking over it for the first time and its intimidation-related features seem heavily conditional, overly late in level, and unimpressive in effect, all at once. Am I missing something or is that pretty much it?
>>
File: 1460506100509.jpg (185 KB, 1140x630) Image search: [Google]
1460506100509.jpg
185 KB, 1140x630
>>48232631
Well you can do it with a Rogue.
>>
>>48232598
There is nothing near me. The library is the giant one across town. I live in the middle of the business district.
>>
>>48232668
Play at a park, or out on a lawn, or at one of your players' homes then
>>
>>48232631
Going for strictly martial characters, rogues with archetypes (there's more than one for it) can be phenominal at intimidation (and then even better with Unchained), until immunities start happening everywhere. Only antipaladins and dreads can function as fear-inflictors against immunities.
>>
File: FMABread01.gif (500 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
FMABread01.gif
500 KB, 500x281
>>48230656
Main group finally finished the first arc, now we're going to have a downtime session to prep for the next arc and get all our shit in order, buy some stuff, maybe everyone will give me a list of stuff to craft. I've been having trouble getting into character the past few sessions, but that's partly because we've had to cancel so many sessions I'm kind of thrown for a loop.

A side 1-on-1 game has been kill for months and I have heard no word on whether it's ever actually going to start back up. I'm going to have to hazard a guess that it won't, since I found out the GM started one with someone else without telling me.
>>
File: 1460395733784.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1460395733784.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>48232776
>immunities start happening everywhere. Only antipaladins and dreads can function as fear-inflictors against immunities.
So in order for a *noncaster* to actually be functional as Batman, he must become Joker-level evil?
>>
>>48232818

Well, apparently there's a Black Seraph style feat that can break fear immunity.
>>
Hi /pfg/, a player in my campaign would like to make an intelligent book that basically can either "eat" other books, or display their information after some sort of copying period from direct contact. Things like magical traps, contact poisons or curses would be copied as well. Are there exploits or immediate problems that come to mind from a PC having an item like this, or something similar you've seen in your own games?
>>
>>48232818
Dreads aren't evil, necessarily. Plus there are antipaladin archetypes that allow you to use different alignments, like the LE tyrant.

>>48232847
That too but you don't get to bypass immunity until 11.
>>
>>48232861
Dreads aren't noncasters.
>>
>>48232714
>lawn
literally no lawns, and the closes park is 6 blocks away, and if we played at night we'd probably get mugged. Player's house is best bet.
>>
>>48232818
It's more that it's a lot easier to be batman when you operate in a city that's mostly populated by humans and not full of demons and undead and shit.
>>
>>48232860
I would do just books. If he copies a contact poison it saves it as a poisoned page. It can't make extra copies, it should consume the poison.
>>
>>48232847
>>48232861
Can you get the aforementioned Black Seraph style feat as a single-classed Thug or Rake rogue? I think 11th level is okay for penetrating fear, it's the prevalence of immune creatures at around that level that makes it needed.
>>
>>48232919
My apologies, I meant contact poisons on a page in the book, not just copying a vat of poison. It would indeed still have the copied version of the page trapped as well. Any given book can only be copied once as well.
>>
>>48232930
I think you can, for some reason black seraph stance doesn't actually require the ability to perform maneuvers.
>>
I'm in a group with really good friends, and we trash talk each other both normally and in character.

Sometimes people would do stuff that'll piss people off but this'll be resolved by the end either through talking in game as roleplaying or in real life. No one really holds a grudge.

Are we in the norm or a minority?
>>
>>48232954
>>48232930
Ah nevermind, I'm retarded, you need a stance from Black Seraph before you can take BSS, it would cost a lot of feats to qualify I think
>>
>>48232971
Norm as far as trash talking goes. We frequently joke about how unintentionally edge or weeb each other's characters are.

We don't do things in game to piss each other off, though, only when such things would already be incharacter. Resolving that in RP is one thing, but I have gone into PVP a handful of times. Only successfully killed a PC once, though.
>>
BLACK SERAPH STYLE (COMBAT, STYLE)
You laugh off the cowardly assaults of your foes.
Prerequisites: Intimidate 3 ranks, one Black Seraph stance known.
Benefit: You gain a +1 profane bonus to your AC and on saving throws against the abilities of creatures that are shaken, frightened, panicked, or cowering. This bonus increases by +1 at character level 5th and at every five levels thereafter.

BLACK SERAPH’S MALEVOLENCE (COMBAT)
You rip into creatures that cannot withstand your terror.
Prerequisites: Black Seraph Style, Intimidate 7 ranks.
Benefit: You treat creatures that are shaken, frightened, panicked, or cowering as being good-aligned for the purpose of dealing profane damage to them.

BLACK SERAPH ANNIHILATION (COMBAT)
You drive your foes before you.
Prerequisites: Black Seraph Style, Black Seraph’s Malevolence, Intimidate 11 ranks.
Benefit: Creatures within 30 feet of can be affected by fear effects even if they are normally immune to fear. Creatures within 30 feet of you that are normally immune to mind-affecting effects can still be affected by fear effects, although they gain a +5 resistance bonus on saves against such effects.

And you'd need, what, Martial Training I and Martial Training II to pick up a Black Seraph stance to qualify for the first feat? Unless there's an easier way for a non-initiator to get a stance. Might not be worth it.
>>
>>48232954
>>48232988
I just looked it up and I happened to pass by the Rogue initiator archetype. It would be compatible with Thug or Rake (which each only replace Trapfinding and Trap Sense), so it looks like PoW:E would be a full solution, long as you take the trait for a swapped discipline.
>>
I've been really looking hard for a Gestalt game. I've had a character knocking about my head I've really wanted to play.

It sucks that it's so hard finding one.
>>
>>48232873
They're also not Pathfinder
>>
>>48233098

There's a Pathfinder Gestalt game recruiting on Roll20 right now.
>>
>>48233116
Oh mang, I'll give it a look.
>>
>>48233130

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/48524/a-world-of-darkness-gestalt-sandbox-adventure
>>
>>48233100
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/dread
>>
>>48233157
They probably meant 1st party.
>>
>>48233134
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/48524/a-world-of-darkness-gestalt-sandbox-adventure
>no paladins
Damn the concept has was Chosen One Paladin/Destined Bloodrager. Might still apply.
>>
>>48233178
Wizards, Clerics, any class/archetype that uses guns, Summoners, Zen Archers, Monks of Four Winds, Paladins and Arcanist aren’t allowed

>Also they complain about having no healer.

Alright, so I understand Wizard, Cleric and Arcanist, and guns can clash with settings, but why the hate for Summoners, MoFW, Zen Archers and bloody Paladins of all things?
>>
>>48233355

>We don't have a healer
>We're banning all the classes that have useful healing
>>
>>48233373
I mean technically Life Oracles are still on the table, they just seem to really hate prep casters.

But yeah, they've narrowed it down to basically the one class.
>>
File: Againts_The_Tide.jpg (584 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Againts_The_Tide.jpg
584 KB, 1920x1080
>>48233355
Seriously, why fucking paladins? It's a goddamn fun class when played properly, and isn't overpowered in the least unless you're fighting literally "always evil" creatures, in which case that's what the class is goddamn designed for.
>>
File: 1456935701302.jpg (39 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1456935701302.jpg
39 KB, 472x472
>>48233484
>>48233355

PALADINS ARE ANTI-FUN: THE CLASS.

LAWFUL GOOD IS BORING LIKE DAD, BE CHAOTIC GOOD SPUNKY REBELS AND FIGHT THE SYSTEM.
>>
File: paladins.jpg (53 KB, 640x658) Image search: [Google]
paladins.jpg
53 KB, 640x658
>>48233499
Boring, maybe, but unstoppable.

>>48233484
I'm pretty sure it's the best designed 'martial' converted for Pathfinder. I know they're half casters, but they're basically still front fighters.
>>
>>48233499

That system's the reason why it's safe for you to walk down the street to your coffee shops, ya darn kids! Now go finish your homework!
>>
what is the best spell, and why is it prestidigitation?
>>
>>48233499
>LAWFUL GOOD IS BORING LIKE DAD, BE CHAOTIC GOOD SPUNKY REBELS AND FIGHT THE SYSTEM.
paying taxes builds character better than you do
>>
>>48233373
There's always Oracle.
>>
>>48233587
Anon, did you forget about unnatural lust?
>>
>>48230656
LotLK game picked up in a street brawl where the Rogue was going unarmed against a big old half-orc Brawler. This was before the party remembered the Rogue had a negative strength modifier and didn't have dex to damage with unarmed strikes, despite being the only qualified unarmed combatant in the party (besides the kitsune who had claws which might have been counted as cheating). Eventually he got hit (Snake Style stronk) which revealed that the half-orc was cheating when the Rogue started bleeding out. So the party started cheating and feinting against the half-orc, which boosted the damage output by a ton before the half-orc gave up and ran off. Then the party ran into a very touchy aspis agent with no boundaries who invited the party to her room/personal sauna/bath to talk business while she got all up on the Warder (provoking jealousy from the Kitsune).
>>
>>48233499

Neutral Good master race. I can just go around being a nice person and saving people and making the world a better place and I don't have to get all autistic about standing up to the man or filing paper work in triplicate. I can just be a hero. That's why i'm at the table, right, to be a hero? No need to go and make it complicated.
>>
>>48233628
>make people want to fuck their sword
>doesn't include the standard caveat for 'obviously dangerous or suicidal actions are forbidden'
>>
>>48233655
What about lawful good makes you think paperwork?

You realise it's not about 'just wanting to be good', those alignments just disagree what 'good' actually is. Their ideals look different.

I personally prefer a system that is accountable, responsible and dedicated to the well-being of the citizenry. Rather than a NG/CG of...'hey I hope it works out without guidance'
>>
File: tumblr_o9d9hiEtGd1r8ououo1_1280.jpg (197 KB, 692x746) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9d9hiEtGd1r8ououo1_1280.jpg
197 KB, 692x746
>>48233637

>Touchy Aspis agent with no boundaries
>Invited the party to her room/personal sauna/bath

Quite the plot hook.
>>
File: 1418521657981.jpg (85 KB, 749x720) Image search: [Google]
1418521657981.jpg
85 KB, 749x720
>>48233713

Every other sentence was an innuendo, some more blatant than others.
>>
File: Matchmaker.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1278) Image search: [Google]
Matchmaker.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1278
>>48233628
>not matchmaker
It's like you don't like instigating NTR.
>>
File: penn_jillette_435x290.jpg (23 KB, 435x290) Image search: [Google]
penn_jillette_435x290.jpg
23 KB, 435x290
>my setting's warfare includes iconic european full plate knights, but also has not even developed matchlock rifles that's too futuristic lol
>>
>>48233749
>eyes closed
>cleric is liking what she sees, almost licking her lips

Hmm.
>>
File: 1458418482115.jpg (255 KB, 1600x815) Image search: [Google]
1458418482115.jpg
255 KB, 1600x815
>>48233753

>mfw my setting's warfare has iconic European full plate knights and muskets
>mfw some places even have proper rifles
>>
>>48233807
Didn't firearms essentially render full plate useless and therefore not cost effective?
>>
File: 1439084329519.jpg (37 KB, 471x350) Image search: [Google]
1439084329519.jpg
37 KB, 471x350
>>48233753
>my setting is in the 1300s with wizards and cannons coexisting, but none of the cannons are flying
>>
>>48233834
No. There was a time when guns took so goddamn long to reload that they coexisted happily with melee combat and even archery, each playing unique roles in the battlefield.
>>
>>48233834
>Didn't firearms essentially render full plate useless
not for an extremely long time

ask in song of swords or historical wargames threads
>>
Okay, /pfg/, I'm trying to make the Ultimate Lawful Good Shitlord as a premade character for the Adventure Path I'm working on.

So far, he's:
>Noble (As in, self sacrificing and Lawful Good)
>A Fucking White Male
>Born into privilege
>Graduated top of his class from the Schola Magisterium (College)
>Captain of the sports team (Sword Fighting)
>Joined the military upon graduation
>Served with honor until a scumbag politician used him as a fall guy for her security leaks.

My only question is, do I go Warlord or Warder with him, and should he be Strength or Dex heavy? I'm mostly leaning towards Strength Heavy if only because that's the more traditionally masculine trait.

The other party members are going to be a Mystic chick with a Wallflower personality type, a True Neutral Dwarven Stalker/Assassin, and an Archer who takes whichever class this guy doesn't (either going Hawkguard, or straight Warder). They've all been exiled for their "crimes", though only the Stalker was truly guilty, having assassinated a minor noble.
>>
>>48233874
By this I mean they DID, but not for a very long time; there were hundreds of years of advancements made upon firearm development that led to it.
>>
>>48233834

To keep a very long post very short, yes. By the time of muskets, at least.

But I like giving my players options, and taking the standard Primitive Firearms stats and upgrading them to make guns a bit more competitive does wonders for gunslingers.

Plus, I fucking adore long rifles.

Plus plus, the fact rifles and muskets are inherently superior to full plate is an actual plot point for the most recent campaign, and the party is given the chance to either preserve feudalism or help usher in a new age of warfare.
>>
>>48233899
>A fucking white male
>Born into privilege

Did you have a stroke or just write the same thing twice, anon?

I'd say warlord 2hander strength, just for the big blonde swordfighting team leader. Though some people like Zweihander, either would work.
>>
>>48233784
She's annoyed because they're supposed to be the token lesbian couple but Merisiel's bisexuality allows her to enjoy being held by a big, strong (positive STR modifier) Fighter. Having to wait for your partner to buff up before sexy time kills the mood.
>>
>>48233917

Although the "bullets pierce all armor automatically, eat touch attacks bitch" mentality is kinda odd mechanically.

There is, for example, no good reason some basic bitch with an old battered pistol that fires normal-ass lead bullets should be able to penetrate the defenses of the dude covered head to toe in magical adamantine.
>>
Most unexplored time for mage battles is with mounted cavalry that had rifles and sabres and light armor.

Then machineguns brought about shitty trench warfare.
>>
>>48233899

I'd say Warlord, because you can put points in CHA and be the athletic, handsome, officer-material white guy that'll make lunatics scream about masculine oppression.
>>
>>48233807
Look at these wangs and their silly German fighting style.

>guys, guys! we can afford swords but they're not very useful in current warfare!
>I know! let's use them like other weapons!
>>
File: 1397507311836.jpg (25 KB, 333x347) Image search: [Google]
1397507311836.jpg
25 KB, 333x347
>>48233949
>I'd say warlord 2hander strength, just for the big blonde swordfighting team leader.

You know, you write that like making The Ultimate Shitlord will somehow bring guffaws to the table.

But every time I make a big blonde swordfighting team leader I'm always accidentally given the spotlight, or get the hot NPCs.
>>
>>48233949
Not quite. You can be someone who isn't a FUCKING WHITE MALE, but still be born into privilege. He has the privilege of having been both white and wealthy.

>>48233990
GOD WILLS IT

Operation shitlord shall now commence!
>>
>>48233966
If anything it should hit flat-footed AC because who can dodge a bullet? Not some sissy martials.

>TFW Ultimate Combat would have included a spell to help wizards dodge bullets.
>>
File: 1431356847284.png (511 KB, 681x665) Image search: [Google]
1431356847284.png
511 KB, 681x665
>>48233966
>There is, for example, no good reason some basic bitch with an old battered pistol that fires normal-ass lead bullets should be able to penetrate the defenses of the dude covered head to toe in magical adamantine.

>Firearms with the broken condition only hit flat-footed AC
>Normal firearms hit Touch in the first range increment
>Masterwork firearms are treated as Advanced for purposes of touch AC range increments

Way ahead of you, buddy.
>>
>>48234023
You dodge their aim, not the bullet. Picture a guy scrambling to cover or some shit. That's Dexterity.
>>
File: tumblr_m4k83voX6f1rvj026o1_500.gif (420 KB, 499x372) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4k83voX6f1rvj026o1_500.gif
420 KB, 499x372
>>48234019
>>48234014
>>
>>48234057
>>48234023
>Deflect/snatch arrows works on bullets (hell even missiles and lasers)

We're going to have to accept a certain amount of anime to allow martials to keep up.
>>
>>48234110
Not nearly enough anime
We need more
>>
File: 1458418370621.jpg (182 KB, 600x1199) Image search: [Google]
1458418370621.jpg
182 KB, 600x1199
>>48233994

To be fair, they're fighting dragonborn, who generally need to be treated as wearing plate armor.

They're Kill Squads from a revolutionary republic that enjoys conducting terror missions in the Empire they broke away from a century before.
>>
>>48234146
Oh hey, I remember this world.

And you were considering some psion secret police character weren't you? Or is your whole party channers?
>>
Alright, for Shitlordius Maximus, which should he use pre-Racial?

16 STR, 12 DEX, 14 CON, 8 INT, 10 WIS, 16 CHA
16 STR, 10 DEX, 14 CON, 8 INT, 12 WIS, 16 CHA
16 STR, 12 DEX, 14 CON, 10 INT, 8 WIS, 16 CHA
16 STR, 10 DEX, 14 CON, 12 INT, 8 WIS, 16 CHA
16 STR, 8 DEX, 14 CON, 10 INT, 12 WIS, 16 CHA
16 STR, 8 DEX, 14 CON, 12 INT, 10 WIS, 16 CHA

I'm thinking of making him an Angelblooded Aasimar for his race (Aasimar making up the noble class of his homeland). Definitely gonna have Silver Crane in his retinue, as well.
>>
File: tumblr_mgyy0vP7p81rdy3s5o1_500.jpg (121 KB, 500x571) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgyy0vP7p81rdy3s5o1_500.jpg
121 KB, 500x571
>>48233807
>My setting's warfare has iconic hoplites with mass formations of spear and shield phalanxes and formations, with falcatas and gladius as sidearms when the fighting gets super thick
>there are also Charioteers carting around the lightly armored battlemages, since most forms of worked metal tend to act as a buffer towards magic
>As such, magic isn't popular in war, but the few pure mages tend to focus on altering the battlefield to enable their armies, or to aid the Generals in sending their orders across the battlefield
>instead of pure mages, many units have at least 1 Battle Mystic trained at the War Academy to bolster their strength

I just wish I could figure out a way to justify the invention of Bronze Plate before the mass forging of Iron and Steel

meanwhile, on the other side of the continent, the NotKobolds have figured out black powder, and are using it to dig deeper and expand. Only time will tell if they figure out firearms and if they'll try to attack the surface with their newfound might.

Or perhaps they may accidentally dig too deep

>>48233994
gotta admit though, that one on the left using mordhau makes me pretty hard
>>
>>48234174
>And you were considering some psion secret police character weren't you?

Yeah, and I settled on the Psion. It's a pretty damn fun class, honestly.

Unfortunately we're spending more time dealing with the Not!French than the Republic, specifically some pesky Lumenaires (similar to Bretonnian Grail-Knights, and very much the Paladin types) trying to investigate the disappearance of a Chalesian ambassador's Elven wife (the Not!French have a "thing" for Elves, the Empire violently discriminates against them, you can see how this might become an international clusterfuck.)
>>
>>48234276
Oh sorry, I got mixed up with you and Shitlordius Maximus.

I'm glad you're going with the psion, pretty useful in and out of combat.

Yeah, even the British at the height of their power was having trouble fighting that many wars all over the place. A broken down empire really can't sustain pissing off too many races (especially if you still might have some in your borders, discrimination or not)
>>
File: 1459302752810.gif (379 KB, 264x257) Image search: [Google]
1459302752810.gif
379 KB, 264x257
I had a bad day at work /pfg/
I got some ice cream and beer to cheer me up, but what are some fun 3.PF (including 3pp) to know that'll bring joy to my heart?
>>
So I figured the Construct Rider and the Vivisectionist are stackable archetypes.

Problem is I lose out on Bombs and Mutagens
What the fuck Discoveries should I invest in now?
>>
>>48234784
At least you didn't need to get fillings put in and had to miss out on a session because the DM decided to go to Baltimore for Bronycon.

Also, bumping>>48231369
>>
>>48234791
I can also grab Polymath

Now I have three stackable archetypes and can't prep formulae until 3rd level
>>
>>48234791
The weird stuff. Potion enhancements, stuff like Preserve Organs and Vestigial Arms/Parasitic Twin, maybe make Simulacra.
>>
>>48234820
I've missed out on sessions for the past four months because of bad internet connections.
>>
>>48234855
sounds rough buddy. I can empathize with the internet problems.

That's what happens when you live in the middle of a prairie, and your friends all live in NJ
>>
>>48234820
. . . Bronycon is still a thing?
>>
I am building a super versatile character here.

The character would worship chaos, and not care about anything but participating in conflict. Something that most parties could use.

I have three unspent feats, and several poorly spent feats, so suggestions on that would be awesome.

As well as suggestions in general.

Any tips on how to play a generalist character as opposed to a uber-min-maxed cheese wedge?
>>
File: DOOM Preparing to MURDERIZE.gif (415 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
DOOM Preparing to MURDERIZE.gif
415 KB, 488x519
>open the playtest doc in the OP
>Consumed Vigilante is no longer just a "different exposed vigilante" archetype
>it's now a "fuck social talents" archetype
>STILL NO ARCHETYPE THAT ONLY TRADES OUT THE APPEARANCE ABILITIES

WHAT ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE JOLLY?
At least Spontaneous, Cha-casting Warlocks are a thing now.
>>
>>48234900
BEHOLD YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR!
>http://bronycon.org/
>>
>>48234923
>Any tips on how to play a generalist character as opposed to a uber-min-maxed cheese wedge?
Sounds like you should play a wizard.
>>
>>48234941
Every day we stray further from God's light.
>>
>>48234941
Yeah, I'm not putting that on my browser history.

>>48234923
>Worships chaos, only cares about combat
I...uhh, okay. is there a party that has to tolerate this douche-whistle?

My best generalist was an inquisitor / Heresy/Conversion Inquisition. You can do pretty much everything a bit.
>>
>>48234900

it has floorspace booked through 2025
>>
>>48234971
>I...uhh, okay. is there a party that has to tolerate this douche-whistle?
Its less "lol random" and "I will follow any path that leads to conflict".

Most parties will get in a lot of conflict, so he will follow most parties.
>>
>>48233628

prestidigitation can make people horny.
>>
>>48234923
>Any tips on how to play a generalist character as opposed to a uber-min-maxed cheese wedge?

Why are you even playing Pathfinder then?
>>
>>48235002
Bollocks.
>>
>>48235036
Polymath Empiricist/or/Questioner Investigator

Jack of all trades master of none.
decent party face, skill monkey, support and combat
>>
>>48234998
ANY path? Because that's anti-paladin material right there

>>48235094
Yes, those too.
>>
>>48235002

Only if they're very sensitive or you're playing with people who get horny in soiled clothing, mind you...
>>
>>48235119
Everyone is very sensitive in the right places.

Also smells or minor illusions too.

If you can't make someone horny with your choice of smells, slight illusions or manipulation, I'm sorry.
>>
>>48233355
Summoners cause a lot of butthurt because the eidolon is in itself better than a 1pp martial. So instead of trying to fix martials or accepting that they're NPC classes, people kill the messenger.

Paladins really are bad for the game, they're played by people who want to dictate how other people get to play their characters and keep them from having fun.
>>
File: 456x330.jpg (16 KB, 456x330) Image search: [Google]
456x330.jpg
16 KB, 456x330
>>48235144

flavors too.

make yer semen taste like chocolate.
>>
>>48235166
>Paladins really are bad for the game, they're played by people who want to dictate how other people get to play their characters and keep them from having fun.

Holy shit go and stay go
>>
>>48235176

Sadly, I've only seen players do the reverse, to NPCs they hate.
>>
>>48235166
Wow. You...

Are a complete tool.
>>
>>48234923
My favorite generalist character was a Half-Orc Archaeologist Bard with a Keen Falchion, Fate's Favored, and Violent Display. He was a ton of a fun and was useful in basically all situations.
>>
>>48235166
Have your (you)
>>
>>48235166
I'm pretty confident this is bait, but on the off chance you're just an idiot, you should know.
>>
It's me, the guy who made the Occult Detective archetype from a few threads back. I'm back, and now I've brought Bloodborne content!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NnLyZlLe0qv_CR-SRMVreORpHtbv-bjqg7dxCUPZY8w/edit

Included in this is an archetype for the Slayer that trades slayer talents, medium armor, shields, and some tracking features for Two-Weapon Fighting, using firearms, creating ammunition using their own blood, and specialization in Trick Weapons, based off of the iconic weapons from Bloodborne. Detailed inside are some example trick weapons, some new, some pulled directly from Bloodborne. These include: greatswords that transform into two-bladed swords, metallic staves that turn into a large set of nunchuka, and a musket that becomes a halberd.

Also included are a number of feats in case you want to have other classes use trick weapons: Blood Bullet Technique, Trick Weapon Wielder, and Trick Weapon Expert, that mimic the abilities of the Hunter.
>>
File: Shitlordius Maximus.png (258 KB, 1060x663) Image search: [Google]
Shitlordius Maximus.png
258 KB, 1060x663
I give you SHITLORDIUS MAXIMUS (also known as Marcus), blonde haired blue eyed angelblooded lawful good shitlord and pregen'd party leader/face type for my in-process Path of War only Arctic Survival/Barbarian Kingmaking AP.
>>
File: 1396476757855.png (3 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1396476757855.png
3 KB, 200x200
>>48235309
>Arctic Survival/Barbarian Kingmaking AP.

>Hyper-blonde fuckboy
>In a probably Scandinavian-inspired barbarian campaign

Nigga half the people you meet are going to be blonde.
>>
>>48235309
What the fuck program is this?

What?
>>
>>48235341
Can confirm, two of the Linnorm Kings party are hyper-blonde Scandinavians, as are everyone in their families.
>>
>>48235341
The entire point of the character (and, to a lesser extent, the campaign) is a giant middle finger to Paizo's inclusivity policies and rampant tokenism.

>>48235345
Google Spreadsheets.

It's actually sort of shit. I wanted to throw a pic of Jaime Lannister in the top left corner, but it's layering is crap (can't send to back).
>>
>>48234232
Easy. They had no iron, and a fuckton of tin and copper.
>>
File: tumblr_o5hxkz1y8Y1qaz9jlo1_500.jpg (85 KB, 500x537) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5hxkz1y8Y1qaz9jlo1_500.jpg
85 KB, 500x537
>>48235309
>T.A. to one of the most decorated sorcerers in the realm
>No spellcraft, knowledge (arcana)

>Not even an Expert 1, kek.

Also...aren't you allowed any more weapons than a bronze dagger? Or more armor? I'm guessing you're expecting more arctic survival than combat? If so, I hope you have a ranger or druid around, because your survival skill isn't exactly stellar.

>>48235428
Here. About as Aryan as I've got for the arcticish look.
>>
>>48235433
>They had no iron
Across a whole empire similar to Macedon?
That seems pretty cheap to me. Sure it could work for some of the more desert and jungle nations, but I don't think this could work for NotMacedon without coming across as lazy writing
>>
>>48234218
>16 STR, 10 DEX, 14 CON, 8 INT, 12 WIS, 16 CHA

The stereotype does, to be fair, work better with just a hint of meathead.
>>
>>48235613
What little they had was incredibly impure, and it generally wasn't worth the expense to make it usable for warfare when bronze was nearly as good and a fuckload cheaper
>>
>>48235645
All iron in this empire is impure?

Why not FOLD IT A THOUSAND TIMES TO MAKE HUMANITY'S GREATEST shit WEAPON, GAIJIN?!
>>
>>48235483
Erm, setting phrase.

Sorcerers in setting are masters of Applied Magics (UMD). Wizards in setting are masters of Magical Theorics (Spellcraft, Kn. Arcana).

There are, in fact, no casters in setting for this. Just Mystics using their Craft ability.

As for the items - no, actually. They were carted North to a Hadrian's Wall expy, where they're being thrown onto the other side with nothing more than a Bronze Knife, an old pair of boots, and the clothes on their backs.

There's going to be two pre-mades with decent survival scores, as well (though I'm building that section of the AP to be workable without a direct survival score, in case no one grabs survival). No rangers in the premades - just a Hawkguard, a Mystic, and Stalker (half tempted for him to be a Vigilante instead of a regular stalker).
>>
>>48235675
Not worth it. Iron is for the bourgeois, Bronze is the people's metal! Its colour represents the skin of a hardworking man, laboring under the sun for the benefit of the aristos he'll never even see!
>>
>>48235645
I guess that can work. Plus I can also broaden the "destroyed ancient empire" bit in the lore to also include most of those resources either being mined near completely up, or degraded and broken down during the solar-system wide systematic erasure of said empire.

Thanks anon, I can work with that.

PLus it'll make the few instances of iron or steel weapons that are found/exist all the more impressive especially since those weapons tend to have a higher magic buffer quality than bronze does. Bloody Titanium is super antimagical, Cobalt tends to warp magic/create a harmful feedback (hence the in universe reason for the name), and Lead is just pure NO! Meanwhile trashier and softer metals like Gold tend to conduct magic pretty well, or at least have a lower buffer rating There's a race of bug people in the desert who, due to being expert sorcerers, astronomers, and alchemists, instead wear armor of specially treated ceramic, since for some reason ceramic armors have no buffer quality at all. Higher ranking soldier, priests, and royalty have sick glass-quartz armor

Once again thanks, this really helps.
>>
File: 1456868242886.jpg (237 KB, 900x1093) Image search: [Google]
1456868242886.jpg
237 KB, 900x1093
I wanna make a sword and boarder! What're some fun ways to do it? PoW:E paladin? Warder? What martial disciplines should I take? I'm thinking Iron tortoise and Silver crane, but I'm not sure for a third.
>>
>>48235858
Learned Duelist Fighter with a buckler and unhindering shield.

Also Trained Grace and dueling gloves.
>>
>>48235858
>but I'm not sure for a third.
Eternal Guardian.
Block and Stop all the things!
>>
>>48235893
So far that all just looks like more damage. why would I wanna play that?
>>
>>48235858
PoW Warder for normal sword and boarder, PoW:E Ordained Defender Warder for paladin flavor. Iron Tortoise is a given, Silver Crane or Eternal Guardian is also good. Golden Lion is useful for enabling your allies and getting them out of harm's way, while Broken Blade is literally broken where damage is concerned, allowing your suboptimal (for damage) sword and board setup remain competitive.
>>
>>48235898
>>48235991
Iunno, I was thinking stupendous strength for a greatsword and tower shield (though that still wouldn't give me the benefit of 1.5x str).

Isn't Eternal guardian not as useful without cursed razor for more opportunities to... curse(?) the targets?
>>
File: 1461377016096.jpg (336 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1461377016096.jpg
336 KB, 640x800
How do multiclass initiators and disciplines work?

If my character is a harbinger 4/warder 1, can they take Cursed Razor, Shattered Mirror, etc. maneuvers with their warder maneuvers known?

Is there any written rule on this, or is it all just developer RAI?
>>
>>48236027
I believe the two tracks are separate.

You'd have 4.5 harbi initiator level, and 3 warder initiator level for discipline level choice and other relevant info.
>>
>>48235991

I've heard Broken Blade's problems aren't too bad if you only allow it with unarmed strikes. Is that true?
>>
>>48234923
Any tips on mechanic stuff? I have three feats to spend and some extra money.
>>
Can anyone post the new vigilante stuff from spy master's handbook?
>>
>>48236047
yes
>>
>>48236061
Why? Just read the book
>>
>>48236016
I think that picking up some broken blade maneuvers would be the better choice, since you don't need to burn a feat on them. Your feats are better served by buffing up your AoO's or getting things like Bodyguard/In Harm's Way, Tactical Rush, or Extra Marks.

>>48236047
If you restrict it to unarmed strikes, natural weapons, and improvised weapons, then it's much more manageable - unless you have someone with an animal companion and the ability to grant ti maneuvers, but that's a bit harder to justify.
>>
>>48236047
The big issue with Broken Blade is that it was balanced around its relatively low damage, low crit discipline weapons. the problem it has is that the Weapon Adaptation feat (or whatever it's called) can add much more potent weapons into it, like Falchions, Greataxes, and more ridiculous things.

Just take away that interaction and it becomes far less potent.
>>
>>48236084
I'm confused - Bonus damage from Strikes and Boosts don't multiply on a crit. It says so in Systems and Use.
>>
>>48236084
>Broken Blade
>use a sansetsukon
>>
>>48236146
This is true, but the weapons themselves are still dangerous when they crit, and Broken Blade was originally designed so that the damage boosts it provides could make unarmed combat be equal to the old two-hander standbys. When you apply them to the two-handers, it shoots their damage up to ridiculousness.
>>
What prestige classes require multiclassing? Rage Prophet & Eldritch Knight it one off the top of my head, but what others?
>>
>>48236277

Battle Herald comes to mind.
>>
>>48236327
I've been thinking of Gestalt concepts. This makes me want to be a Hobgoblin Fell Rider & Daring General/Demagogue Bard using the task master feat tree to qualify for this.
>>
>>48235192
>>48235213
>>48235232
>>48235265
>Jumping into ad hominems without even bothering to make an argument
Here they are, the kind of people who play Paladins.
>>
File: Wahaha_kanbara-san.jpg (211 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Wahaha_kanbara-san.jpg
211 KB, 640x480
>>48236515
I don't believe I tried to rebut the argument by attacking your character. Oh, and here's your (you) again.
>>
>>48235433
Iron is far, far more common than tin and copper. It's not really better than bronze, the importance of ironworking is that a whole lot more of it could be made.
>>
>>48230656
I am beginning to have doubts. Most games I get into tend to die :/
The campaign im DMing already is falling apart, so I wonder when the one I play in will.
>>
>>48230814
That sounds pretty cool, color me interested.
>>
File: SubZeroMKXrender.png (170 KB, 310x343) Image search: [Google]
SubZeroMKXrender.png
170 KB, 310x343
How do I play this guy in Pathfinder? For those who don't know he's Sub-Zero, a ninja who uses ice to fuck people up.
>>
>>48236641
kinetistist
>>
>>48236225
But isn't unarmed arguably better than two handers in terms of DPR, given the benefits of Dragon Style?
>>
>>48236643
How do I play him in a manner that isn't shit?
>>
>>48236643
>>
>>48236658
>>48236660
>le may may
Do you want to summon buildposter?
>>
>>48236658
Initiator with Elemental Flux
>>
>>48236027
>>48236039
EACH indiviual track is separate but gains half other classes, rounded down.

For example, your Harbinger4/Warder1 is a level 4 initiator for Harbinger, and a level 3 initiator for Warder.

This grants them fuck-all in terms of more shit on the chart, it ONLY counts for "and add your initiator level" type things, and for the max level of new maneuvers they can learn (important at those levels where you can swap, or when you finally gain new known maneuvers from another level in your initiating classes. It doesn't matter what the other classes are, their initiating level only matters for themselves (warder doesn't give any more to harbinger than levels in wizard would).

For your above example, if you added 3 levels of Aegis, the Harbinger would now be IL6 (4+4/2), the Warder would now be IL4, and if you grabbed initiator's soul for your aegis, it would now be 3+(5/2), so IL5 to pick and choose from.

Don't be TOO quick to dump your shittiest low level maneuvers you don't intend to use on the lower IL classes just for the sake of knowing maneuvers in shared disciplines though: REMEMBER that some of your Readied slots are in said class as well!
>>
>>48236657
But then you are spending feats.

Power attack, grab a greatsword, and now deal way more damage with broken blade than is remotely reasnable.

Want pounce + 3 attacks at level 6 with each one doing +2d6 damage?
>>
>>48236641
Aurora Soul Mystic, it a strongly tooled UCMonk

I think one anon a while back figured out how to make Scorpion with a UCMonk. Something about Hamatula Strike with Rope-dart flurry
>>
>>48236559
Because the geology of a fictional world has to match that of earth?
>>
>>48236726
>it
Or! I hate this new phone's auto-correct
>>
>gonna play Imperious Bloodline Sorcerer/Destined Bloodrager LE Human Supremacist
Ok, first question is, how do I not rub the party the wrong way when there will likely be non humans? Also the character is a lecher on top of his negative traits (wrath/lust/pride).
>>
>>48236749
>Ok, first question is, how do I not rub the party the wrong way when there will likely be non humans?
You could start by playing a different character.
>>
>>48236760
Not an option.
>>
>>48236749
You're a supremacist. You view these lesser beings as the "help", and their willingness to serve and aid you just means that they're a few of the "good ones" who know their place, hence it behooves you to be the generous and benevolent master you are and watch over your property with care
>>
>>48236764
The next step would be to not show up.

Other people probably don't want to be involved in your racist power fantasy fetish.
>>
>>48236804
>>>/pol/
>>
>>48236804
When it involves making other people's game not fun, yeah it's bad.
>>
>>48236819
Its roleplaying, you anal retentive turdsucker.
Is everyone in a group automagically friends the day they group up?

Maybe Shitlordius over here could learn that even these subhuman untermenschs he partied with aren't all useless mongrels and he humbles himself even a tiny bit.
>>
>>48236790
Yeah, I'm thinking of mostly keeping it to myself. I don't actively want to harm them. I view them as disposable and lessers however.
>>
>>48236804
Yep. What I though. No one would miss you if you just stayed home and didn't show up.

Something like >>48236789 might work, but there is a 70% chance that you are an IRL racist and won't be able to hold back from vomiting all of your squick all over the table.

It's the same reason you don't play a character that is a rapist.
>>
>>48236833
>Maybe Shitlordius over here could learn that even these subhuman untermenschs he partied with aren't all useless mongrels and he humbles himself even a tiny bit.
He should've said so earlier when asking for advice so that we wouldn't assume that he's just playing an awful character with massive That Guy potential
>>
>>48236855
Not that anon.
>>
>>48236875
Sorry about that.
>>
>>48236855
>but there is a 70% chance that you are an IRL racist and won't be able to hold back from vomiting all of your squick all over the table.
I'm not racist though.
>>
File: 1461551285231.jpg (128 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461551285231.jpg
128 KB, 500x500
>>48236855
>It's the same reason you don't play a character that is a rapist.

What about bard players?
>unnatural lust
>matchmaking
>sleep
>fascinate
>charm person
>implant memories
>seducer's eyes
>shamefully overdressed
>>
>>48236938
k
>>
>>48236945
Just because the mike has a mind control bimbo fetish doesn't mean you should also have one.

And holy shit, you could remove every one of those spells and the game would be better for it. Yes, that includes charm person.
>>
File: 1457452794537.jpg (200 KB, 680x727) Image search: [Google]
1457452794537.jpg
200 KB, 680x727
>>48236945
Tears to Wine
Silk to Steel
Geass
Invigorate
Summon Monsterous Waifu
>>
>>48236945
Not that guy, but my last game went full lewd when the bard casted Entice Fey out of boredom
>>
>>48237005
what is this?
why do i suspect you are from pol?
why will my favorite hobby forever be tainted by maladjusted man-children?
>>
File: 1689989cbfd51135a0f3219427329111.jpg (325 KB, 1428x1420) Image search: [Google]
1689989cbfd51135a0f3219427329111.jpg
325 KB, 1428x1420
>>48236978
>Summon Monsterous Waifu

sadly not a real spell, and probably for the best unless your DM is alright with the bard summoning Lamias, Centaurs, Slimes and whatever it is that expands his dong
>>
>>48237023
Would it summon Drow?
>>
File: big_1432654132_image.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
big_1432654132_image.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>48236945
>>48236978
>The Enchantment School was a mistake
>>
>>48237023
Its actually just Summon Monster, but a semenner bard could use it to summon Jinns, Succubi, Angels, Mariliths, and other humanoid outsiders/monsters
>>
>>48237032
Tears to Wine, Invigorate and Silk to Steel is Transmutation

Summon Monster is Conjuration

You could still go full lewd with any school of magic actually.

Divination - scrying on naked girls or astrally project yourself on to sleeping women

Necromancy - if you're into zombie girls or have a guro fetish

Transmutation - if you're into body modification, breast expansion, lolis, milfs, and whatever

I can't think of any Lewd Evocation spells though
>>
File: 4fe.jpg (77 KB, 680x726) Image search: [Google]
4fe.jpg
77 KB, 680x726
>>48237121
>I can't think of any Lewd Evocation spells though

>not getting sexual gratification from reducing your enemies to ashes and bloody chunks
>>
>>48237121
What about Abjuration?
>>
File: 1444954648449.png (341 KB, 582x900) Image search: [Google]
1444954648449.png
341 KB, 582x900
>>48236027
>>48236039
>>48236698
But how do DISCIPLINES work?

If my character is a harbinger 4/warder 1, can they take Cursed Razor, Shattered Mirror, etc. maneuvers with their warder maneuvers known?
>>
>>48237258
No. Maneuvers known work like spell lists. If you're a multiclass sorcerer/oracle, you can't take sorcerer spells with your oracle slots. Same idea here.
>>
File: veilweavers.gif (485 KB, 272x251) Image search: [Google]
veilweavers.gif
485 KB, 272x251
Akashit Mysteries PDF when?
>>
>>48237537
2786 reposts to go, dogloliposter.
>>
>>48237258
There's plenty of overlap depending on your class or archetype combinations, and knowing 2 shattered mirror maneuvers would mean you know 2 shattered mirror maneuvers, but chances are good you're stuck in both classes anyways because your initiator level's been lowered.

Not every class or archetype has all the disciplines, nor does it have all of them in common with others. However, it's easy to pick your build so that you'll have, say, 2 overlap, though.
>>
>>48231072
How many players out of curiosity?
I'd hop in but I feel I'm not experienced enough with DSP to do well in a game involving it
>>
>>48237121
>I can't think of any Lewd Evocation spells though
Lightning spells could be good for some BDSM play.
>>48237184
>What about Abjuration?
Antimagic Field, make a haughty sorceress helpless and have your way with her
>>
File: Lawful Good is best Alignment.png (249 KB, 1903x950) Image search: [Google]
Lawful Good is best Alignment.png
249 KB, 1903x950
>>48233499
>>
You know how the Summoner is a 1 to 6 caster but has a class feature for the entire Summon Monster line of spells from 1 to 9? What other perfectly-analogous lines of spells are there which span all 9 levels that you could make into similar class features? There's the obvious Summon Nature's Ally, but is that it?
>>
>>48238159
I think that's it, outside of maybe psychic spells.

Unless you'd consider the cure/inflicts, although they only go to 8. Light, Moderate, Serious, Critical, and then Mass versions.
>>
>>48230656
My DM's brother manages to almost get himself killed in every session.

My party is incredibly weirded out by my psicrystal.
>>
>>48230751
Generally we split the gold somewhat evenly, My character is bad with almost all weaponry aside from her crossbow currently, so I carry around a few extra flasks (of acid / holy water).

Our magic items have currently all gone to our mesmerist, as she had the lowest AC of people who got into melee combat (ring of protection +1) and was the least dependent on a specific weapon (longsword +1).
>>
>>48233034
>And you'd need, what, Martial Training I and Martial Training II to pick up a Black Seraph stance to qualify for the first feat?
Or you can just be a hidden blade rogue.
>>
>>48238159
>>48238189
If you wanted to make an adaptable system of those, then Domains, Bloodlines, Oracle Mysteries, Witch Patrons, Shaman Spirits, and probably a bunch of similar Occult fullcaster features because Paizo only uses the clone brush, are all premade groups of thematically related spells that you could hypothetically substitute.
>>
So im curious, you guys keep mentioning Those Games on roll20 that keep appearing because the DM is shit, but which games are those? I am looking for one and i would prefer knowing what to avoid.
>>
>>48230656
I creeped out the entire table with a perfect impersonation of Mark Hammil's Joker voice.

I was playing a CE Puppetmaster Magus
>>
>>48233655
>Neutral Good
>not True Neutral

try not to choke on your bleeding heart
>>
>>48238298
I don't have an exhaustive list but
-10 point buy "gritty realism" that actually necessitates playing only full-casters
-level 1 start
-synthesist is totally overpowered guys it's not allowed
-psionics are totally overpowered guys it's not allowed
-core only
-hybrid classes, including the martials, are totally overpowered guys it's not allowed
-gunslingers are totally overpowered guys it's not allowed
-come prepared to run from every encounter
>>
Quick question: Can Zen Archer be used with unchained monk?
>>
>>48238594
RAW, Unchained Monk is incompatible with all Chained archetypes and can't take them.
You can try working it out with your DM, though.
>>
>>48238594
Technically no, but it's not difficult to make it fit.
>>
Would you like to play a short campaign of investigation, infiltration, social maneuvering, high society schmoozing, and infrequent but high-stakes combat, set in the bazaar of the bizarre, Katapesh?

Do you prefer text-only games with plenty of weeaboo token art, a very high optimization level with only tier 3 classes and archetypes, and a little ecchi with nothing explicit?

Do you enjoy playing third-party classes and archetypes like initiators, legendary vigilantes, and masquerade revelers?

If so, then this might be the game for you:
http://pastebin.com/kTiJCq4Y

There is a catch. This will be a small group with only two players and one GM. One player slot has already been reserved. They are a dedicated roleplayer, but also very meticulous with the rules. You will have to be patient with them. There is only one player slot left.

For more details, send a Skype contact request to: explosive_runes
>>
>>48238159
Why not have the summoner follow spell progression a la the ranger? Wouldn't that make it more balanced?
>>
>>48238159
Cure and Inflict Spells
>>
is there some kind of mega archive for pathfinder ?
>>
The god of childhood has horse-sized celestial dogs. They protect children, the places where they gather, and also will travel forever, sniffing until they find a missing child and bring her back.
>>
File: 1463631337281.png (483 KB, 569x700) Image search: [Google]
1463631337281.png
483 KB, 569x700
Explain how the Hellknights make any sense in Golarion.

>they dedicate themselves to pure law without mercy and without consideration for good or evil, which is why they themed themselves after devils
Why devils? Devils are just as much about evil as they are about law, and thus their focus is split. This sabotages the Hellknights from the start. Devils are also notorious for subverting contracts and bindings upon them.

Why not theme themselves after inevitables, which actually ARE law without mercy and consideration for good or evil? Inevitables are 100% Lawful Neutral, like the Hellknights are supposed to be.

>they clad themselves in metal to pattern themselves after the legions of hell
No. The vast majority of devils wear no armor or metal.

Inevitables would actually make more sense here, because they ARE made of metal.

>Cheliax
The Hellknights were formed and themed long before Cheliax fell under the rule of House Thrune.
>>
>>48238927
d20pfsrd.com
>>
>>48238988
1: Inevitables are gay
2: Everything in Cheliax must have a devil theme because this is Golarion, world of the one-note characterizations.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.