[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89
Blight Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly
No waifus or husbandos except for Balablob or Malaclob.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa >>48078248
>>
In other news I ordered a custom 900*300 mousepad for 12 bucks with pic related, OP's image was another option.

If anyone is intersted let me know.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
What is the Aldmeri Dominion/Thalmor's opinion on the Orsimer? Do they recognize them as elves? Does the worship of Malacath (formerly Trinimac, an Mer hero) gain them any brownie points?
>>
>>48174634
Not well, as degenerate savages who can't into societies. Most likely in a fleeting sense, with no or very very little kinship felt.. Definitely not, Malacath is completely different from Trinimac.
>>
What's the difference between blight and corprus? Isn't dagoth ur able to put up corprus storms aswell?
>>
>>48174634
If anything the orcs fought alongside with the empire in the great war
>>
>>48175317
From what I understand, Blight diseases come from the influence of Dagoth Ur on regular, boring diseases, while Corprus is the result of direct influence of Dagoth Ur on a man or mer.

Basically, Blight diseases are regular diseases with Corprus.
>>
>>48175317
You can catch Corpus from the air, it's just that you'd have to be at red mountain and it's not implemented because of gameplay.

Blight seems to be disease enhanced by the "Holiness", where as Corpus itself is more closely related to it.

They are closer to Corpus than you'd think, considering they do warp and deform you similarly
>>
File: esoarmors.jpg (404 KB, 906x403) Image search: [Google]
esoarmors.jpg
404 KB, 906x403
Slow thread, eh?
>>
>>48175782
I'm going through my morning routine, the triple S ritual, then I have to go to work. Thread should pick up in the afternoon.
>>
File: feels good man.jpg (168 KB, 619x607) Image search: [Google]
feels good man.jpg
168 KB, 619x607
>Mfw finally getting a game of UESRPG going.
Feels good, man.
>>
What is the extent of healing? Can somebody grow back an arm or eye?
>>
>>48176025
"Reman opened the door just a crack, but the Potentate could see his angry, fearful face, and the terrible mound of ripped tissue that used to be his right eye. Despite the best healers in the Empire, it was still a ghastly souvenir of the Lady Rijja's work in Thurzo Fortress."

I doubt it.
>>
>>48175782
TESO armor variety is so nice/good. Bethesda could learn a thing or two.
Also, why isn't the Order of the Hour (or any templar order) mentioned after Daggerfall (especially in Oblivion)? I admit that I was a little surprised when TESO included it in the DB/GC dlc.
>>
>>48176025
I'm not sure about an arm, but it can in fact cure arthritis, according to dialogue.
>>
>>48175965
Help me find one.
>>
File: esobreton.png (211 KB, 232x371) Image search: [Google]
esobreton.png
211 KB, 232x371
>>48175782
I'd go crusading with this guy.
>>
>>48176212
Ask the thread, or start one yourself.

If neither work out, you could always ask friends IRL to play with you, or go on one of the gamefinder threads and see if anybody would be interested.
>>
File: dude.png (758 KB, 447x1074) Image search: [Google]
dude.png
758 KB, 447x1074
>>48175782
I have that same color scheme
>>
>>48176337
>>48176323
As far as ESO armors go, this is pretty nice.
>>
I don't know about you, but the feelings and the emotions Morrowind (and its setting) gave me will be unmatched forever.
>>
>>48175782
>>48176163
>>48176323
>>48176337
Does ESO actually develop any lore/clear up things that might have been points of contention before, seeing as how its set in the past and all? Should really get round to playing it some day.
>>
>>48176416
Its just another mmo with a TES theme. Youd be better off just reading the wiki instead.
>>
>>48176416
>>48176471
yeah but it's fun
>>
>>48176528
>>48176471
>>48176416
It's worth 10 bucks, not more.
And a DLCfest.

>>48176209
when?
>>
File: 1.jpg (132 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
132 KB, 1920x1080
>>48173899
Tell me about Fargoth.
Why does he inspire memes?
>>
>>48176357
I feel the same way about Skyrim.
>>
>>48176786
He's the first regular NPC you find, he has unique lines and has a couple minor quests. And he's ridiculous.
>>
>>48176786
have you heard his voice?
>>
File: 2rggh03.png (22 KB, 638x244) Image search: [Google]
2rggh03.png
22 KB, 638x244
>>48176416
>clear up things that might have been points of contention before
As you may already know, Cyrodil was always referred to as a steaming jungle before Oblivion only to suddenly be portrayed as lush grassland in Oblivion.
Kirkbride wrote two lines of lore - one of which you can find in Oblivion and one in Skyrim - that states Talos changed the jungles to grasslands upon attaining apotheosis, to help the Empire flourish.
ESO kept the grassland Cyrodil from Oblivion despite taking place before Talos was even born, and states in one of its lore books that Cyrodil was never a jungle; just a "transcription error" in translating Ayelidoon.
This is the go-to example of ESO's approach to lore, and indicative of how they handle it.
>>
>>48177025
You're specifically obscuring the truth now, or at least leaving part of it out. I'm not defending ESO, but there are at least one new books in the game discussing alternate theories like Towerforming.
>>
>>48177062
There is at least one new book, rather. I'm not saying it's good, but it's there.
>>
>>48177062
Oh, he forgot to say that they also retcon themselves, true.
>>
>>48177062
Honestly, I totally forgot about the Towerforming book. You're right, my apologies.
Yeah, there's another lore book in game that states Cyrodil WAS once jungle but once the slave rebellion ended and humans took the White Gold Tower it gradually changed to grassland, as was the will of the new occupants.
I actually much prefer that explanation to the Talos one. Feel really silly right about now. I guess I got the impression from somewhere that it was a last-minute inclusion amidst backlash (since they'd already mentioned the "transcription error" thing before release).
>>
File: pWk4Ccd.jpg (68 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
pWk4Ccd.jpg
68 KB, 1280x721
On the topic of Oblivion makeover on Cyrodiil: is there any source on "they changed it because muh Lord of the Rings" or is it just presumption & conjecture?
Because that shit look nothing like Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>48177281
I don't play the game, but apparently a lot of the points people were complaining about when it was in beta have since been addressed.
>>
>>48177334
E N G I N E L I M I T A T I O N S
>>
File: Tusks.png (2 MB, 983x1469) Image search: [Google]
Tusks.png
2 MB, 983x1469
>>
>>48177482
Ok, I cringed hard
>>
File: request__argonian_by_klashmyag.jpg (691 KB, 2048x1448) Image search: [Google]
request__argonian_by_klashmyag.jpg
691 KB, 2048x1448
>>48173531
>Yell at me any time past like 3PM Pacific Time
Might have to take you up on that offer.
Also hi, Duke. How are you doing?

>>48175063
>Do Argonians have a political structure beyond the tribal level?
Yeah, there's cities and kingdoms in Black Marsh, their details are just kind obscure.

>Are they capable of defying the Hist?
Being Argonian means obeying the Hist. A Saxhleel could probably end up defying them somehow, but at that point he really wouldn't be Argonian anymore.
If you don't subscribe to Argonian =/= Saxhleel, then I wouldn't know.

>>48175804
It was a bit more than a sect. It was more of a reformation of sorts, driven by one of the greatest Orsimeri leaders ever.
The majority of the population in Orsinium and the immediate area all converted, and it lasted from sometime around 3E 410 to around 4E 15. It was a proper golden age for Orsinium.
>>
>>48177482
>Dunmer refers to himself as a Dark Elf
JUST
>>
What kinda housing/architecture would there be in Black Marsh?

ESO had mud huts but not all Argonians would be living in mud huts I assume. I think there'd also be wooden huts on stilts, treehouses, more imperial style houses (not necessarily imperial, but houses like you'd find in human provinces) near the border, maybe even some really cool stuff like emperor crabs or giant snail shells.

Ribcages of creatures like whales and dragons would also make for good tents.
>>
>>48177723
He's the worst kind of n'wah...
>>
Oh, to the guy that made the thursday thread, next time use http://boards.4chan.org/tg/archive and ctrl+f "tgesg" and do it on friday
>>
>>48177723
Probably a dirty n'wah
>>
>>48177751
Like you said, mud huts, huts on stilts, more traditional houses in cities on the coast and near the border where Imperial plantations exist/used to be, Lilmothiit ruins, ancient Saxhleel ziggurats and ruins.
>>
>>48177857
Oh, and while there may not be any more houses left, there would also be traces of the Kothringi and maybe other Nedic tribes the closer you are to the border with Cyrodiil. Maybe a Dres fortification to the north.
>>
>>48177482
>a bottle of Orsinium pink zinfandel
probably the worst bit desu
>>
File: Screenshot_20160703_162717.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160703_162717.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>48177751
>I think there'd also be wooden huts on stilts, treehouses, more imperial style houses (not necessarily imperial, but houses like you'd find in human provinces) near the border, maybe even some really cool stuff like emperor crabs or giant snail shells.
You're correct. This screenshot is from the border of Blackwood and Murkmire.
>>
One thing I don't like about most of the books I've read from ESO is that they all have a really casual tone.
>>
>>48177897
>For the stylish town Orc, Borzighu the Tidy Tailor of Orsinium has decided the watchwords this season are "restrained elegance." As he puts it, "We are, at last, proud to be Orcs. Strut your Orcish heritage with style!"
Orcs try to be fancy and shit because they got their shitty kingdom on its feet again and they're part of the Daggerfall Covenant.
>>
>>48177459
You know, I could believe that. Much easier to render than the same surface area of proper dense jungle.
...Is, uh, is the current gen strong enough to handle something of that nature?
>>
>>48178030
Best thing is they'll lose it again no matter what.

>"restrained elegance."
that's a good bondage site
>>
File: 527337.jpg (73 KB, 381x411) Image search: [Google]
527337.jpg
73 KB, 381x411
>>48178030
>We are, at last, proud to be Orcs. Strut your Orcish heritage with style!"
How delusional are they?
>>
>>48177897
The pink is actually BLOOD
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 153x136) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 153x136
>>48177482
>Urtho the Flatulent
>>
>>48177751
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Argonian_Account
It says next-to-nothing about traditional housing but you'll probably find it a fun read anyway, if you haven't already.
>>
File: Gortwog gro-Nagorm.jpg (75 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Gortwog gro-Nagorm.jpg
75 KB, 800x800
Make way, best Orc coming through.
>>
>>48177652
>Also hi, Duke. How are you doing?
I am not taking being on break well. Slightly miserable.
>>
>>48178252
Well, it would've been about time I'd get to reading those long series of books.

Only ones I've finished so far are wolf queen and the eslaf erol series. Thanks for the recommendation.

You go read 'The Axe Man' now if you haven't done so already
>>
>>48176357
Something a lot of people seem to miss is that Morrowind was fairly silly. There's plenty of jokes and silly situations in-game, and with the color scheme, makes Skyrim looks like the most grim-dark setting ever.

I like Skyrim almost, if not as much as Morrowind, though.
>>
>>48178336
>Best Orc.
You act like that means something.
>>
>>48177482
That was a load of shit. However, it does explain a lot about Tuskwiz being a poopelf.
>>
Is 'offspring always the mother's race' actually how genetics works in-universe, or is that just how scholars think it works?
>>
>>48179637
It works like that.
>>
>>48179637
I imagine scholars in-universe wouldn't have much trouble finding out.
>>
>>48179261
It does when you're Gortwog-tier.

>>48179637
I'm almost absolutely certain that it's how it actually works, at least unless something's causing the rules to be broken.

That said, in cases where our main source are texts, we arguably only know as much as whoever wrote the text.
This case is a bit wider, since we can look at other books, npc families, and so on, so it doesn't really apply here. But it's healthy to be somewhat critical of texts, especially if something in the lore stems from only one text.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (2 MB, 3600x3600) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
2 MB, 3600x3600
Guy working on the BoL adaptation here
My next step is to come up with 6 Boons & 6 Flaws for each of the races.

For those unfamiliar with Barbarians of Lemuria, the Boons/Flaws are like feats or talents the character can begin play with based on their background (which is both their race + heritage). I'll follow this post up with an example from the BoL Legendary Edition rulebook so you guys will have a good example of the sorts of things I'm trying to come up with.

The only one I've come up with so far is:
Argonian
BOONS
Spear Fisher - A life trolling the swamps and rivers of the Black Marsh and southern Cyrodill grant you a +1 to all attack rolls to throw spears or javelins.

I've only now started the process and will likely come up with more in the meantime, but I'd like suggestions for both Boons and Flaws for each of the ten races.

I was also debating coming up with six boons and flaws related to each character profession, but i'm on the fence.
>>
>>48180006
Well, you can look at their racial abilities across the series for some ideas.
>>
File: mw_TAoM_p28.jpg (77 KB, 594x900) Image search: [Google]
mw_TAoM_p28.jpg
77 KB, 594x900
>>48180006
So that those unfamiliar with BoL will have an idea of how Boons and Flaws normally go, here's an example of how it normally goes.
Note: Key racial traits are separate. All Argonians get Immunity and Amphibious in addition to their Boon and Flaw.

Axos Mountains
The people of the Axos Mountain range are the Haklaton, or several tribes of rangy barbarians. If you are from one of these tribes, your first career will be barbarian. You are also likely to be a hunter.

Boons
> Disease Immunity: Your character is immune to all diseases, even magical ones.
> Hard-To-Kill: You are particularly solidly built. Add +2 LB to your total.
> Quick Recovery: Living in the mountains gives you better endurance than many. When recovering after a combat, you regain an additional LB point, on top of the half you recover normally.
> Rock Tracker: You are skilled in hunting creatures that live in the mountains. When tracking, trapping, or hunting creatures in this environment, you may use an extra die.
> Sling: The tribes of the Axos range are noted for their use of the sling to bring down game. Roll an extra die when firing a sling.

Flaws
> Bumpkin: the big city is a confusing and heartless place for the new arrival. Roll an extra die in situations to do with urban survival.
> Distrust of Sorcery: You will not knowingly use sorcerers powers or items. When dealing with wizards and alchemists, roll an extra die.
> Illiterate: You cannot read or write and you cannot choose a career with literacy as a requirement.
> Landlubber: Your character is unused to travelling by sea. Roll an extra die for all activities undertaken whilst at sea.
> Taciturn: Your character is ridiculously tight-lipped. It's a rare day on which he uses a sentence of more than three words, and it's virtually unheard-of for him to initiate conversation. His extreme reluctance to speak unfortunately means he never volunteers information without being asked. Roll an extra die in social situations.
>>
>>48180006
I'm not good with balancing mechanics, but I'd imagine that Nords and Bretons would have a save against physical damage for Dragonskin and Woad respectively. Same goes with their resistances.
>>
>>48180121
>>48180044
Their key racial traits are sperate from the Boons/Flaws of their origins; we worked on those a little last thread.
These are side-bonuses unique to the individual based on their pre-adventurer lives.
I'm probably going to go over the summary lore in the traveler's guide and such to fish for ideas.
>>
>>48176163
>Also, why isn't the Order of the Hour (or any templar order) mentioned after Daggerfall (especially in Oblivion)?
Well, I assumed those crusading Orders were more of a phenomenon contained to the Iliac. Iliac faith is not unified, people seem to assume that just because they worship divines that means they worship them all, but this is not true, regions have their own predominant divine cults. The whole united worship of the Nine Divines thing is really more localized to the Imperial Cult. There is no unified Breton Church.
>>
>>48178336
>guy forces you to go search blindly into his labyrinthine stronghold to find the letter he promised to give you that's hidden in the deepest saferoom of the fort, knowing full well and even telling you that his orc guards aren't going to like you snooping around
fuck that guy
>>
>>48180160
>>48176163
There is also references to them, including in Oblivion, at least for the Order of the Lamp (who are in Oblivion).
>>
What are some of your favorite quests from any of the games and why?
>>
>>48180638
hackdirt was pretty cool
>>
>>48179637
>>48179925
>>48179938
>>48180002
I have a really dumb question: how do they prove paternity? remember how barenziah was forced to have a magical abortion because the emperor didn't want a baby from her? if that baby was going to be a dunmer, then how would anyone prove anything?
>>
>>48180638
Journey to Aetherius was pretty cool.
>>
>>48180798
>how do they prove paternity?
They can't, as far as we know.
>>
>>48180798
>Generally the offspring bear the racial traits of the mother, though some traces of the father's race may also be present
Check if the seed is strong, I guess?
>>
Wulfharth was a Bosmer.
>>
>>48180638
I wouldn't say it's my favorite, but The Drunken Bounty Hunter from Morrowind was everything a small TES side quest should be.

It has so much character, charm, and small details. For example, it describes the poor fellow in your journal as having not showered in weeks and reeking of failure in your journal. Not only that but there are actually three different ways to find out the slave's identity: Asking around like normal, or if you are an Argonian automatically know what his name translates to, or if you have a high Intelligence, recall Argonian naming conventions from earlier in your studies.
>>
>>48180992
Spicy meme, bro.
>>48181012
>yfw showers/showering regularly is canon.
>>
>>48180992
The Oblivion Crisis was an inside job.
>>
>>48181065
And Zurin was a Tsaesci.

>>48181098
The Tharnatos never left.
>>
>>48180798
Magic. If scrying and divination are things, I imagine it would be too hard to make a spell to prove bloodlines.

Or, you know, slip the Amulet of Kings on him, and if it doesn't slip off, he might be the heir.

For regular folks, if your son is exhibits some traits that aren't in your family (like having green eyes if everybody in both family had brown eyes for generations, I guess, I'm not sure how things like eye color work in TES.), I suppose that would be suspicious. You could probably get a local mage to check, but it might cost a bit.
>>
File: die, fetcher.png (107 KB, 790x768) Image search: [Google]
die, fetcher.png
107 KB, 790x768
How do Dunmer determine who is more or less of an n'wah amongst themselves?
Are people from the mainland always more of an n'wah than people from Vvardenfell, or is it relative based on the observer?
What if there's a family of at least some non-Dunmeri living in Morrowind for generations, are they equivalent to true foreigners?
Would they be outclassed in n'wah if they lived on Vvardenfell and a mainlander showed up?
>>
>>48181358
>How do Dunmer determine who is more or less of an n'wah amongst themselves?
General attitude, accents, and so on.

>Are people from the mainland always more of an n'wah than people from Vvardenfell, or is it relative based on the observer?
It's relative.

>What if there's a family of at least some non-Dunmeri living in Morrowind for generations, are they equivalent to true foreigners?
Pretty much. It does also depend on where they are and what time period it is.
>>
>>48181358
Non-N'wah
>Dunmer family living in Morrowind since Velothi times
Slight-N'wah
>Dunmer family living in Morrowind after Velothi times
Pretty N'wah
>Family living in Morrowind since Velothi times
Very N'wah
>Family living in Morrowind after Velothi times
Full N'wah
>Recently moved to Morrowind
SUPER N'wah
>Family incorporates Khajiit/Argonian
>>
>>48181358
Having lived in a small town most of my life, I imagine it works almost the same way people here (especially older people) view people who move here from out of town.
If your family hasn't been here for at least a century, you're a fucking sojourner. The more regional you get, the longer the necessary time period becomes.
>>
>>48180798
>>48181177
Might just be one of the ways common folks discourage interracial relationships. You might have an exotic wife and all, but the local guys are always commenting on how you son's eyes look a lot like the innkeeper's. Whether true or not, I'm sure those kinds of rumors would be pretty common.
>>
>>48181486
What the hell kind of small town are you from?

I'm currently living in a small town, and even though I moved there from the big city that I lived in for years, not even the more bitter old people hold animosity towards me or the fact I'm not from there.

Are you a Yankee?
>>
>>48178962
Eh. The color scheme's a lot of greys and browns and greyish brownish greens. Skyrim's not any better on the whole but I'd say MUH GRAFFIX give it an edge.
Out of both I'd say the Rift's the most cozy, colorwise.
>>
File: 1464478532920.jpg (89 KB, 560x599) Image search: [Google]
1464478532920.jpg
89 KB, 560x599
>>48180685
That quest's how I ended up in these threads.
Fuckin Deep Ones mang
>>
>>48180992
Well, nobody knew that he rode a Battlecat...
>>
>>48181629
Yeah. I'd love to live in Riften, but I hate the Blackbriars and the Thieves Guild.

I really wish there was a quest to storm the Rataway with Mjoll and Make Riften Great Again, like with the Dark Brotherhood.
>>
>>48181459
>SUPER N'wah
By Azura
>>
>>48181618
Centuries old mountain town with >4000 inhabitants. Located in rural nowhere, Yurop.

I did't mean to imply that there's any significant animosity, at least not commonly, for people from out of town. It's mostly just a fact.
My grandfather moved here over fifty years ago, and has a wide social circle with tons of friends from the area, but he's still very much considered as someone who's not from here. That's just the way it is, nothing inherently negative about it.

The only real animosity you find is the regular small town distrust of the "big city" that older people have. And even that is mostly not a thing.
>>
>>48181734
>The only real animosity you find is the regular small town distrust of the "big city" that older people have.
Well yeah, city folk tend to be awful regardless of where you live.

Except the time I once visited Bruges (or is it Brugge? I always get it mixed up). That was pretty nice, though I got some "interesting" looks when I said I didn't drink. You'd think I had just confessed to committing a grievous sin or something.
>>
>>48181734
Oh, you're the Norwegian fellow, right? Or the Frenchman?

Yeah, it might just be that I'm from the southern part of freedomland, but it's somewhat similar. As long as you aren't a Yankee librul with tie-dye hair, it's not an issue.

Can't really speak on behalf of how long it takes here since it's not as important to burgerlanders, I'm always on the move, and I don't really have much family.
>>
>>48181825
I can relate to that.
>telling my danish relatives that i barely drink
The concept of not drinking seemed rather lost on some of them.

>>48181871
>Norwegian
Yes.

I guess things are just kind of different. For example, political affiliation wouldn't matter nearly as much here. I know elderly people who have been hardline Moscow-communists, who have other elderly friends who are on the right side of the political spectrum.
But things like dialect would matter a lot more.

But this is becoming rather off-topic, isn't it?
>>
>Alfiq Jo
>Equipment: Silky Fur, Little Adorable Paws
>>
>>48182007
Hey, weird question, since you are an IRL Nord (Maybe, you could not be), does that change how you view the race, or how the other races stack up? Do you identify with them more? Do you play as them a lot? I've always wondered this about people who are from the cultures TES races are mostly based off of.

/tg/ stands for Topic Graveyard. Or That Guy, whichever suits me.
>>
>>48182071
You forgot Skooma Snacks and a ball of yarn.
>>
>>48182165
>Ball of yarn.
Don't be ridiculous. Maybe you could find some yarn or some calipers in every house back in the 3rd era.

Get with the times, gramps.
>>
>>48181065
I would imagine most of the races, with exception to orcs an maybe Bosmer or Nords, bathe regularly.
>>
File: 1453340447848.png (52 KB, 346x360) Image search: [Google]
1453340447848.png
52 KB, 346x360
>>48182089
>I've always wondered this about people who are from the cultures TES races are mostly based off of.
Nordics
Romans
Arthurians
KANGZ
Asians
What else? All the non-human races are pretty damn alien.
>>
File: z_244bd5c6.jpg (92 KB, 977x765) Image search: [Google]
z_244bd5c6.jpg
92 KB, 977x765
>>48182089
>IRL Nord
Norwegian ancestors as far back as I've been able to trace, though I'm not one for genealogy. Wouldn't be surprised if there's some Swedes back there somewhere.

>does that change how you view the race, or how the other races stack up?
It hasn't affected it in a positive way, if that's what you're asking. I've always had a interest in history, but not so much local history. It's like that with a lot of things. When I first developed a interest in myth, I went to the Greeks. When I developed an interest in early religions, I read about Zoroastrianism and Gnostic beliefs. Never had that big an interest in Norse mythology and religion. I tend to find neo-paganism cringy.

Same with history. At the risk of sounding contrarian, which isn't my intention, I've always felt that the Viking Age is unfairly romanticised, as opposed to things like the post-civil war medieval period.
Constant passive exposure makes things seem dull, I guess. I've gotten more of a interest in the local lately.

I like Nords, they have some good lore, but they're not a favourite race for me. Just kind of an average one in terms of personal fondness.

>Do you identify with them more?
I know what a cold winter feels like, to put it that way, but otherwise no. I don't see Nords as "my people", or anything akin to that.

>Do you play as them a lot?
I tend to play them a bit in Skyrim, but I'm usually drawn to playing Dunmer, Khajiit and Bretons. I post a lot about Khajiits and Daggerfall.
>>
>>48182337
The Khajit have flavors of Middle Eastern, but I don't know how deep that extends into their culture.

I don't have a fucking clue what the Argonians are (besides awesome).
>>
>>48182474
>Middle Eastern
It's more like a veil of ARABIAN NIIIIIIIIIGHTS that's there to hide how fucking strange they actually are.
>>
File: khajiit mythology.jpg (181 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
khajiit mythology.jpg
181 KB, 600x772
>>48182418
>Dunmer, Khajiit and Bretons. I post a lot about Khajiits and Daggerfall.

I had no idea that yuropoors could have such exquisite taste.
>>48182337
Bosmer, despite being a very interesting and different take on wood elves, have a lot of Native American influence, as well as a bit of Welsh.

Orismer are are very similar to Mongolians, Argonians are similar to South Americans (Although most of my friends who are mexican normally play as Khajiit, hilariously enough), Khajiit are Gypsies/Middle East, Altmer have a definite Far East influence, and Dunmer are an amalgam of Hebrews, Hindus, Egyptians, and Native Americans for the Ashlanders.
>>
I want to replay morrowind so bad. But all those mods and what's more important first hours of the game when you're shitty at all trades and move sloooowlyyy kills it for me. And the fact that my pc can't run mge with normal framerate.
>>
>>48182640
>Mexicans playing as Khajiits
Why does this make so much sense?
>>
So, I'm reading Scrollhammer, and I think I might be retarded.
I'm guessing you can use a Move action to move the same number of inches your speed stat is. But what is Sprint? Is it just a double move? Do I roll for anything?
I searched through the document for "sprint", and all I got was rules explaining terrain/specialty modifiers to Sprint, not Sprint itself.
>>
>>48182675
You need to turn the graphics down and remove the more frame heavy things, like distant land detail.

As for being a rookie new guy, I kind of like the experience of being insignificant and becoming significant/overpowered. I feel like that's when roleplaying is at it's max. Just make some money and train up speech a bit so you don't have to roleplay as a super famous cat-burgler or powerful warlock with autism.
>>
File: 1423473949030.jpg (34 KB, 400x425) Image search: [Google]
1423473949030.jpg
34 KB, 400x425
>>48182640
Are Orsimer similar to Finns?
>>
>>48182675
I just got the graphical/sound overhaul mod and have otherwise been playing it through as vanilla. It's been pretty interesting so far; excluding the fact that the Dark Brotherhood has taken issue with my level 2 argonian hobo for apparently no reason. At least their armor is worth something.

Overhaul includes some general bug-fixes and a few changes to how a couple of skills work (basically just buffed a few things that had absurdly low chances to work even at high levels). Also includes a quick-cast button, which is nice.

Link here: http://www.ornitocopter.net/v3-0-release/
>>
>>48182870
Yes, the overhaul comes with MCP, but it might need to be updated. You should also be installing a mod to prevent the DLC from starting too early, it unbalances the game.
>>
>>48182675
Get "gratuitous violence", let's you block at cost of speed, and sprint at cost of stamina.
>>
File: 1425161490318.jpg (106 KB, 546x654) Image search: [Google]
1425161490318.jpg
106 KB, 546x654
/tgesg/ there's something I don't get about TES religion that I'd really appreciate your insight on.

As I understand it: there were eight formless Aedra that had the most input in creating Mundus (9 if you include the trickster) and when they were done they became the various celestial bodies that can be seen from Nirn. The Eight Divines are figments of mortal worship that were derived from their oversouls, as, independently, are the Eight Divines' equivalents in other pantheons (Auri-El, Jhunal, Morwha, S'rendarr, Z'en, etc..).

Here's what I don't get: are ALL gods across all pantheons derived from the Aedric oversouls? Not including those we already know aren't Aedric of course (Daedra, Hist, Magna-Ge). I'm talking about those special snowflakes the Elves and the Redguard and the Khajiit worship. I was happy to assume they were simply ancient heroes like Morihaus or Reman, but since then I've learnt about mantling and enantiomorphs and how Trinimac is apparently so-called because he's made up of 3 different oversouls so now I figure it's not that straightforward.

Are they simply oversoul chunks like all the others that just so happen to appear unique? Are they bits of several oversouls mixed up into spiritual cocktails? Are they mortals that joined with oversouls? Or do they not have any relation to balls of infinity floating in the sky at all? pls respond
>>
>>48183253
The dudes I'm talking about, specifically:
>Phynaster
>Syrabane
>Xarxes
>Y'ffre/Jephre/Y'ffer
>Leki
>Onsi
>THE HOONDING (and Diagna by proxy)
>Baan Dar
>Rajhin
>ja-Kha'jay?
>Riddle'Thar?
>>
>>48183253
It depends. Some of them are venerated ansectors, which for the Atlmer is equivalent to Aedra. Some of them are minor Aedra, who contributed but aren't one of the eight. Yokudan gods are, for the most part, completely distinct.
>>
>>48182793
Yeah, sprint is just a double move. Heavy Armor is -2 inches to sprinting, for example, so an Orc with 4 speed can Move (one action) 4" or Sprint (two actions) 6".
>>
Looking at the Khajiit troops for Scrollhammer, I see that a Dos with Rawlith Khaj can essentially do judo throws.
He can also be mounted and on moon sugar for maximum fast.
>high as fuck khajiiti monk riding around the battlefield doing mounted judo throws on weakling mages

>>48183393
Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
File: 5d7.jpg (37 KB, 680x370) Image search: [Google]
5d7.jpg
37 KB, 680x370
>>48182640
>as well as a bit of Welsh
Also I'm not seeing the Altmer/Far East connection. That distinction clearly goes to Akavir.
>>
>>48183253
>Also I'm not seeing the Altmer/Far East connection
I believe the connection is mostly made in the whole cultural isolation idea.
Though I tend to find that people who try to list these 'definite' real-life inspirations are generally retarded.
>>
>>48183899
fuck me! meant for >>48183719
>>
File: Warren Ellis achieves CHIM.png (1 MB, 900x2000) Image search: [Google]
Warren Ellis achieves CHIM.png
1 MB, 900x2000
So this happened in this week's comic releases.

Is Kirkbride mantling Grant Morrison?
>>
>>48184351
what is this?
>>
File: TNNRNaC.jpg (91 KB, 1000x875) Image search: [Google]
TNNRNaC.jpg
91 KB, 1000x875
>>48184351
I think you took a wrong turn, Anon.
>>
>>48185044
>fuck armour
>i don't need to protect my torso, neck or head
>gottta keep that tail safe tho
>>
File: Racial Boons and Flaws.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Racial Boons and Flaws.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48180110
>>48180006
after going over the wiki's summaries of all the racial descriptions in each game (omitting online), and approximating some of the Boons/Flaws from BoL it's self, I'm guesstimating I'm about half way through.

The PDF is a summary, ugly but concise (I'm not going to bother with formatting it into the full document until I've got a full list).

I also put in the universal Traits to avoid confusion about what is/isn't a boon-appropriate trait.
>>
>>48185095
> people walk around in their armor 24/7
>>
>>48185101
-and yes, I am still very much looking for suggestions.
>>
>>48185095
>i don't need to protect my torso, neck or head
of course, his scales are too buff
>>
>>48185101
Can look at it tomorrow. Not in any condition to do be reading stuff at 04:30.

>>48185115
He's wearing half a suit of armour, as well as two swords. He's practically dressed for combat.
He's probably just really proud of that upper body musculature. I get it, I'm mirin', he probably worked real hard on that.
But he might want to get some sort of protection, at the very least something to cover that thick neck.

>>48185141
Careful now.
>>
>>48185141
>>48185095
Maybe, but your upper body is also way easier to defend than your lower body; you've half-way done it just by holding up your armaments. He should probably throw on a helmet if he knows he's getting into a fight, but if you're going to take off something to relax it'd make sense to start with the top; to say nothing of the faux pas of walking around with your breastplate, helmet and braces, with nothing but your skivvies on your bottom half.
>>
>>48185044
I count three belts and fourteen straps.
>>
>>48185258
Actually, the only straps that don't add up are the ones coming off his second faulds; everything else checks out. One belt for his pants or mail, one for his weapons, one for his major faulds; each set of straps is mostly just holding the various leather pads to each other. Ideally those would be tucked as far under each flap as possible, but though not optimal they are at least functional.
>>
>>48185095
That's basically how I'm running my Argonian in Morrowind.

Common pants, a gauntlet, and a pauldron. Sisheesh is a spear fisher with some grand aspirations.
>>
Does anyone have a concise, translated-from-Kirkbride description of the space programs?

From what I know the Imperial hand these gaint moths and the Altmer had Sunbirds. Are these in-game lore somewhere or are the outside stuff?

I've read that both of them had settlements on the moons, and that the cat-folk *climbed* up there on top of each other (?) as well.
>>
>>48185724
>and that the cat-folk *climbed* up there on top of each other (?) as well.
Never underestimate the power of skooma.
>>
>>48185724
None of that kind of stuff is in-game canon.
>>
>>48185761
I'm sure at least having empires in the stars was mentioned in the in-game writings on the Middle Dawn
>>
>>48184862
Looks like the Green Lama, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>48185746

Oh I don't. My (soon to be resto-loop exploiting) Elric of Melnibone-mantling Altmer has a six pack in his inventory.

And about four pounds of moon sugar.

>We were some where past Whiterun, at the edge of the Pale when the sleeping tree sap began to take hold.
>>
>>48185820
You mean the most chaotic dragon break of all time which not even the elder scrolls themselves consider canon?
>>
>>48185867
Yes, that was when the space stuff happened, during the split timeline created in the Middle Dawn, the same one in which Reman Cyrodiil ruled his star empire and Pelinel was manufactured before being sent back in time to aid Alessia

Further, it was confirmed by the Oversoul of the Amulet of the Kings in the book "Where Were You When the Dragon Broke", at least according to the soul of Empress Hestra
>>
>>48185724
Hold on, I'll write something short up.

Yes, it's mentioned in the games. It doesn't matter, though.

>>48185761
Yes it is. Mananauts are mentioned in the PGE3.

>>48185867
That is not the only time they are mentioned.

>>48185930
I don't think that's necessarily when all the space stuff happened.
>>
>>48185930

Wait, what? Which book is this from/Wiki article?
>>
>>48185930
>Yes, that was when the space stuff happened, during the split timeline created in the Middle Dawn, the same one in which Reman Cyrodiil ruled his star empire
Except the Middle Dawn's end predates Reman near 500 years
>>
Anyway, the Imperial space program in the time of Reman consisted of mothships. At one point Reman tried to invade the Underworld, which is either definitely Sovngarde or a distinct entity, but either way it's in space. He also brokered a deal with the Princes for unfettered travel, which I think whoever is called the Ur-Prince (Namira? One of those ladies) convinced the others to agree to. As a side note, Sanguine was a frequent houseguest of Reman. The assassinations that ended his dynasty put an end to most of this.

Then there's everything about Hestra's empire across the stars.

By the time of the third empire, there were Battlespires stationed throughout the Aurbis and in transitory realms. In the game, Battlespire, you visit one of the last active ones. The imperial mananauts mentioned in the third Pocket Guide are also hanging around and trying to go to Aetherius and stuff. Either they or the Atlmer actually succeed at one point, I don't remember which.

Now, the Altmer have sunbirds, which are birds made of the sun, but also boats. There's a picture of it, and some artistic interpretations, but I can't post them now.
>>
>>48186299
Oh yeah, there are also megalomoths, which may be a type of or another name for mothships. There's also a picture of those.

Aside from all that, the Khajiit went to the moon. The Dunmer also have/had/will have Vehkships, and of course there's C0DA.
>>
>>48186288

Sea turtles, mate.
>>
>>48186299

I forgot about the Battlespires.

I guess "space stuff" is ingame.
>>
>Then there's everything about Hestra's empire across the stars
First of all that's not Hestra's Empire, that's just what happened to Cyrodiil during the Middle Dawn (occurred about a century after Hestra's reign), Hestra just observed it.
Second of all this isn't supposed to be taken as space colonization, it's Cyrodiil literally spreading to the stars. The next sentence claims Cyrodiil became a fucking egg.
>>
>>48186482
>Second of all this isn't supposed to be taken as space colonization

Then what are Mananauts and Battlespires?
>>
>>48186482
Good point, but we really don't know what the implication of her statement is. Most say something in a language they can only speak sideways. Cyrodiil is already a hub with a tuning fork stuck in it, an egg's not too far off.
>>
>>48186528
Mananauts are Reman's reign.
Battlespire is a stronghold set up in a far off realm.
>>48186534
>The map was stretched in impossible directions, city became land, land became world and so was born Nucyrod
http://lagbt.wiwiland.net/wikibiblio/index.php/Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_Second_Edition/Cyrodiil
Cyrodiil stretched to the stars
>>
>>48186595
The Mananauts are contemporary to the third era, they're just what's left from Reman's time.

There's more than one Battlespire.

Nucyrod ain't Ald-Cyrod. Good point, though.
>>
>>48186146
It's literally when the space stuff happened.
A lot of shit came down from space pre-history, but mortals going up to space has never happened within the main timeline.
>>
>>48186666
There's absolutely no proof that's the case. It may be, but don't say it with such conviction. Way more space stuff is mentioned outside of anything to do with the Middle Dawn.
>>
>>48186685
>>48186666
>>48186652
>>48186595
>>48186528

>>48185930

So...space travel happened in one of an i finte number of alternate timelines during the Dragon Break of the Allessian Empire?

And Pelinal was born/built/crafted/dreamt/programed into existance and sent back in time by Reman human supremesists in the same-yet-different alternate timeline?

All of these and an infinite other number of events happened seperatly but at the same time. Kind of like a multiverse overlapping on itself. The records we have in the games are just the "hard facts" and evidence of this that are apparent in the timeline of the main games, which is "reality" outside the Dragon Breaks?

Man, Kirkbride must have some dank ass weed.
>>
>>48186867
I wouldn't go so far as to say they only exist in dragon breaks or alternate timelines (they do also exist in those though). We also have no hard evidence to date Pelinal's construction outside of a few hints.

But other than that, yeah. Then add in kalpas.
>>
File: redguard conjurer.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
redguard conjurer.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50995/?

New UMSO out. Is your body ready? For Skyrim? To have Morrowind-level depth? To have lore? For getting mauled by a Gehenoth?

Morrowloot included this time, just disable your old Morrowloot and use the UMSO main file, it's all in there(though some items are moved/put behind locks).

Spears are in, but optional because >tfw no good animations

tell me if there are bugs
>>
>>48187059
I'm assuming this doesn't work with Perkus Maximus or Disparity.
>>
>>48187333

Don't use the Perks module, it's optional for a reason
>>
>>48186685
I don't need evidence to assume something doesn't exist (it's like the singular stance where where the absence of evidence is evidence). It's debatable as side-canon, but definitely not canon-canon. Not to mention the PEG:1 had lots of "errors" (got retconed).

>>48186867
Basically, yes. The games take place in a setting where canon is canon and non-canon is canon. The main timeline, which is basically the longest-running/most stable time line that didn't end in some universal catastrophe or being plunged into ceaseless chaos, is the at least all of the numbered games take place in. Some argue that it's the main/progenitor timeline that reaches back to the beginning, others also argue that it's just the one that flows the furthest which is why it's the main one.
>>
>>48187464
It's not PGE 1, it's PGE 3. The one that shipped with Oblivion. Talks about the Reman space program, Mananauts, Sunbirds, and trips to Aetherius. Then there's Battlespire. It's not up for debate. This is canon-canon-canon-canon.

Everything you're saying about timelines is complete speculation. At least add a "maybe", there's barely any evidence for these claims.
>>
>>48187634
No shit, but PEG 1 got retconed to hell and back is my point. Book lore's fun to speculate over, but it's basically just in-game side lore.
>>
>>48187634
> at least ad a maybe
Like I didn't start the speculative shit with, "some people like to argue."
>>
>>48187808
What does PGE 1 being "retconned" (it wasn't) have to do with the third outside of both on them being physical pamphlets? They're just as official as anything in the games, not that it actually matters. These are not threads about the games. There's no such thing as "side-lore" or lore that's more important than other lore. This isn't Star Wars.

>>48187808
You only said that about your last statement on the nature of the timeline, not the concept itself. Timelines only diverge during Dragon breaks, and the Jills merge them back together. Now, there is some truth to the concept of timelines being important outside of that, but it's flat out never stated or even implied that the main games are only one of them.
>>
>>48187899
The second part of this post should be quoting >>48187822
>>
>>48187899
> there is some truth to the concept of timelines being important outside of that, but it's flat out never stated or even implied that the main games are only one of them.

but he's okay with space-moths ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>48187899
If it isn't in a game it's definitively expanded lore mate.
>>
>>48187939
>>48187899
Tons of shit from PGE 1 got wrote-over hard, and if you say it wasn't you're in deep fucking denial. The point is that no outside sources should be taken as a verbatim truth, and indeed even in-game texts sometime contradict themselves or are even flat-out wrong.
>>
>>48187939
Yes, because space moths are mentioned, and it doesn't matter where, while the idea that the games are only one timeline isn't.

>>48187953
If you were making that argument about anything else, like developer forum posts, I could at least see begin to see where you were coming from, but not even the most hard line "only the games matter" type thinks the Pocket Guides aren't canon.

>>48187991
So what was retconned from it?

Of course all the texts we have are subjective and in-universe, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about them. It's all we have. It's not verbatim truth and never was claimed to be. We're entering into this discussion knowing that. That said, you can't fucking tell me that Mananauts don't exist because we don't see them directly in the games, because we barely see anything in the games. Bethesda admits it's only a glimpse at the universe. More than 14 people live in a city.

Aside from all that, these are threads about the universe those games happen to tame place in, not those games and their limitations themselves, so if someone fucking asks about spaceships I'm going to tell him what there is.
>>
I can't believe people are arguing that the Pocket Guides don't matter.
>>
>>48188076
The argument is which guide matters.
>>
>>48188093
No, there's no argument. Both exist and both matter. You're not even arguing against the older, more outdated one.
>>
Any tips on how to play/roleplay a redoran warrior?

I'm starting a 5ed campaign next week, I have to decide between the foghter and the paladin class.
>>
>>48188396
Praise the saints of the Tribunal, eat horses and be all about honour. Also brag a fucktonne about your giant crab.
>>
File: skyrimtrump2.jpg (76 KB, 493x320) Image search: [Google]
skyrimtrump2.jpg
76 KB, 493x320
>>48173899
>No waifus or husbandos except for Balablob or Malaclob.
>>
File: telvannidustadept.jpg (2 MB, 1945x2985) Image search: [Google]
telvannidustadept.jpg
2 MB, 1945x2985
>>48178252
UESP said the adventures of Scotti started in A Dance of Fire so I had to read through that first... about time I did. Thanks for the recommendation pal, will start reading the Argonian Account now.
>>
File: tuskposting.jpg (169 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
tuskposting.jpg
169 KB, 600x500
>>48182640
>I had no idea that yuropoors could have such exquisite taste.
There's normal people on the other side of the ocean, pal.
>>
>>48186652
>Nucyrod
pottery
>>
I wonder what Yagrum Bagarn is doing during the events of Skyrim, did he die when the mountain erupted? did he fuck off in some unknown direction? Dragonborn gives some information on Morrowind but I dont recall them mentioning his fate at all

>>48187059
the descaling of enemies worries me, requiem had this problem of becoming trivially easy after about level 25-30, OOO had the same problem in oblivion

even Morrowind a game built around non-scaled enemies became extremely easy after you were done with about 30% of it, only that bosmer twat in Mournhold was dangerous. So I am not sure a modder can pull this of in a title built around level scaling, besides skyrims way of doing it, isnt even that bad, its just that the ranges in which it scales need to be narrowed down a bit and the daedric quests need to be made much harder, there is no need for a complete removal
>>
>>48189284
The best way to do level scaling is sorting regions by level, so there's areas with lots of level 40-50 enemies but you have to seek them out.
>>
File: mournhold.jpg (620 KB, 1317x1558) Image search: [Google]
mournhold.jpg
620 KB, 1317x1558
I've already asked this a few times, but I'll ask again cause I need more ideas for my recreation of Tribunal's Mournhold in Minecraft. Some of the things I will be doing include:

>More market stalls in the Great Bazaar
>A passage through the royal palace courtyard from Godsreach to the Great Bazaar
>Turning the plaza Brindisi Dorom into a lower class residential quarter

All ideas are welcome. I will not be including the surrounding city of Almalexia or Mournhold's extensive underground.
>>
>>48189051
Fuck, I've been exposed, abort! abort!
>>
>>48184862
An Inhumans comic by Al Ewing.
>>48185044
How do you figure?
All the metaphysical mumbo jumbo herein and none of y'all believe in the Hypercrisis?
>>
File: 1440009472795.png (28 KB, 221x159) Image search: [Google]
1440009472795.png
28 KB, 221x159
>>48185930
>Pelinal's from the Middle Dawn
It all makes sense now...
>>
>>48182256
>smelly bosmer girls

Hnnngh
>>
File: toddgun.png (419 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
toddgun.png
419 KB, 600x610
>>48190135
no
>>
File: fightersguild.png (290 KB, 265x277) Image search: [Google]
fightersguild.png
290 KB, 265x277
recommend me some good ingame book reads, not 2deep4u metaphysics, but stuff like argonian account, wolf queen and a dance in fire
>>
File: 1467648101504.jpg (26 KB, 433x380) Image search: [Google]
1467648101504.jpg
26 KB, 433x380
>>48183253
>>48183265
>>48183354
>Some of them are venerated ansectors, which for the Atlmer is equivalent to Aedra.
Soooo... derived from the planetary oversouls? They just so happen to not be anything like Dibella/Julianos/Kyne because Merish culture values different concepts?
>Some of them are minor Aedra, who contributed but aren't one of the eight.
I presume you're mainly talking about Y'ffre. Fair enough, I could see that. First Ehlnofey, and all that. Do the Khajiit's lesser gods fall into this category too?
>Yokudan gods are, for the most part, completely distinct.
Okay NOW I'd appreciate an explanation. Most of the Yokudan gods have Tamrielic equivalents and were clearly oversoul-derived, they're just more distinct because the culture that formed them was isolated for longer. The only ones unaccounted for are Ruptga's kids: the sword gods. Where the fuck did they come from? Mundus is a closed system?
>>
>>48190135
They'd smell like a buchtershop bin, anon.
>>
>>48190156
the books on the 6th house, dont remember what they were called
>>
>>48186299
>Ur-Prince
Nocturnal has laid claim to that title.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr6BqUgS3ts
>>
>>48190255
I always wondered what the fuck yffre is.

I still think he is Hircines Brother/Cousin. Both have veeery simliar aspects.
>>
>>48190498
>deshawn plains
>>
File: magesguilds.png (672 KB, 1008x512) Image search: [Google]
magesguilds.png
672 KB, 1008x512
>>48190623
He also has some similarities with Julianos.
>>
>>48188110
I'm not arguing that the pocket guides don't mater, only that since many physical and in-game books have been rewritten or disregarded by future installments that all should be taken with a several grains of moon sugar.
>>
>>48190932
>taken with a several grains of moon sugar.
that sounds unwise
>>
File: a85[1].jpg (36 KB, 426x500) Image search: [Google]
a85[1].jpg
36 KB, 426x500
>>48190975
sounds like a weekend if you ask me.
>>
>>48185101
>>48185136
I'm going to re-post this now that I've cleaned it up a bit, added a Boon and a Flaw, and put a little elaboration at the beginning.
Again, this is not end-product, just a list to help me organize the Boons/Flaws until I've hit my quota. The target number is 6 Boons and 6 Flaws for each race.
>>
File: Racial Boons and Flaws.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Racial Boons and Flaws.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48191299
...and now I'm going to actually post it.
>>
>>48190255
If you're an Altmer, and the ancestors are cool enough, there's no distinction between Aldmer and Aedra. That's Trinimac, Xarxes, whoever.

Jephre is a minor et'Ada too. I don't know much about Khajiit gods, but a lot of them seem like legendary figures from history.

Tall Papa disagrees.
>>
File: 1.gif (268 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
268 KB, 160x160
>>48191365
That's what I'm asking. Are they Aldmer ancestors who were cool enough to then mantle one of the divine oversouls? Altmer don't have any gods that resemble Dibella or Julianos or Kynareth or Arkay, so do Trinimac and Xarxes and Phynaster and Syrbane take their divine power from those planets instead?
>Tall Papa disagrees.
PLS
>>
File: Nx1yK2f.png (323 KB, 488x533) Image search: [Google]
Nx1yK2f.png
323 KB, 488x533
>>48176786
>>48176913
I thought every male Bosmer had the same voice.
>>
>>48191453
No mantling involved, if it happened long enough ago there's literally no distinction between et'Ada and ancestor.

No, there isn't always an equivalent, certain societies just worship different gods. For example, the Altmer wouldn't care about Lorkhan's wife.

Redguards have a completely unique origin, and so do their gods.
>>
>>48191651
Okay then how I'm reading this is they're simply et'Ada who didn't float into the sky after Convention like the 8 did and the Aldmer Pantheon doesn't draw anything from those 4 unused oversouls at all (which might help explain why humans tend to have an advantage). Am I right?
>Redguards have a completely unique origin, and so do their gods.
Redguards spent an extra few thousand years across the seas developing their culture separately to those of Tamriel and mortal culture is what shapes gods, of course their pantheon's more distinct. Unique, not so much. There's enough resemblance between Ruptga & Akatosh, Sep & Lorkhan, Zeht/Morwha/Tava/Tu'whacca and Zentihar/Mara/Kynareth/Arkay to suggest they're derived from the same originators spirits, which is mentioned in-universe as well. Which is not to say they're the SAME gods under different names, just that they were cut out of the same source material.
If you have an alternate MKore account about kalpas and time-travel I'm eager to hear it.
>>
>>48191837
You don't even need to make that distinction, the Altmer just remember that far back. Auri-el is an ancestor.

The Ra-gada are most likely from a previous kalpa. That explains the differences.
>>
File: ysgramor.png (653 KB, 589x1064) Image search: [Google]
ysgramor.png
653 KB, 589x1064
So how does the whole Anu/Padomay thing play out in Tamriel's races?

It seems to me that it's mostly about Nords and Altmer, because other human races don't give a crap about Shor, and other elven races aren't as enthusiastic about the whole thalmor supremacy thing.
>>
>>48191897
West to east, anuic to padomaic. Cyrodiil has Shezarr, High Rock has Sheor.
>>
>>48191930
Yeah, but Bretons see him as a trickster god, and Cyrods barely worship Shezarr.
>>
>>48191979
Yes, because the Bretons are in the west and more Anuic. Trickster is better than devil. Cyrodiil has so many Shrzarrines, it's like he never left.
>>
>>48191895
Redguard cosmology isn't any more different from the norm than the Khajiit's though. Or the Atmorans, for that matter. All are different, but all adhere to Monomythic principles (two opposite forces form reality, a spirit kicks off time, another spirit invents mortality, etc.).
Why are you so certain the Redguard, specifically, are from a totally different reality? It was my understanding that all Nirn religions were equally valid and all happened in the Dawn Era simultaneously, since eight of the spirits that made Mundus were so powerful that their very presence on Nirn made everything mythic and chaotic and retroactively malleable. Am I wrong in that assumption?
>>
>>48192192
Not a different reality, a different kalpa. Same Anu, same archetypes. Yokudan religion is more different than Atmoran or Khajiit though. Honestly, we don't know the details.

You're right about how all the pantheons coexist though.
>>
>>48191897
I'm thinking each race has their own internalized rendition of the Anu/Padomay interplay.
Redguard have the Crowns/Forebears
Cyrodils have Colovia/Nibenay
Khajiit have Pellitine/Anequina
It's a little less explicit for the rest. The Morrowind alone has 3+ ways you could make a split.
>>
>>48192309
What do we know about Pellitine and Anequina, besides that they united to become Elsweyr and were separated again by the Thalmor?
>>
>>48192309
>The Morrowind alone has 3+ ways you could make a split.
Lets see, you have Hortator/Sharmat
A full and proper three-way interplay between Hortator (Warrior), Sharmat (Mage), and Almsivi (Thief)
Said Interplay could also be reinterpreted as Hortator (Warrior), Kagrenac (Mage), and Sharmat (Thief)
You could also potentially replace Hortator with Whulfarth for this analogy
Seht (Mage), Vehk (Rebel), and Ayem (Warrior) as their own rendition of the three Enantiomorphs
which is also mirrored by the arrangement of the True Tribunal of Azura (Mage), Mephala (Thief), and Boethia (Warrior)

You also forget, for humanity as a whole you have Talos as signified by Warrior (Whulfarth), Zurin (Mage), and Hjalti (Thief)

Then there is the Orsimer and their creation which has Trinimac (Warrior), Boethiah (Mage), and Malacath (Rebel), though I admit this is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>48183265
>ja-Kha'jay
The ja-Kha'jay is the whole of the Moons and their Motions. For the Khajiit, there's chiefly two aspects about the ja-Kha'jay that are important. The first is the Lunar Lattice, the eternal and steady phases of the Moons. Then there's the Khajiiti biological ties to said Lattice.
The Moons are not themselves gods, as some Mer believe, but aspects of the ja-Kha'jay.

>Riddle'Thar
The Riddle'Thar isn't a "person" or arguably even a singular entity, at least not in the same way most gods are.
It is sometimes portrayed as a god, but it's better to view it as a general concept, a set of rules, and a way of life. It's a religious tradition that' sometimes personified as the Sugar God.
It's the Khajiiti concept of cosmic order. Gods like Lorkhaj and Alkosh have been rolled up into the Riddle'Thar philosophy, but they are still their own entities. Sometimes the Khajiiti are blessed with avatars of the Riddle'Thar.

It's basically Khajiiti traditional religion from before Rid-Thar-ri'Datta's time mixed with his teachings, made into a system that encompasses everything from the cosmological to the personal.

>>48192466
What do you want to know?
>>
>>48192258
>Yokudan religion is more different than Atmoran or Khajiit though
I contest that. "Everything was a snake" is sufficiently different to "two big cats fucked" is sufficiently different to "MUH ALL-MAKER" all of which are VERY different to the standard Tamrielic version. Amidst other unique distinctions (Kyne's breath, animal worship, Azurah's secrets). Not to mention the resemblance Alduin has to Satakal implies that Nords and Redguard are from the same kalpa.
>Not a different reality, a different kalpa
I thought it essentially meant the same thing. Complete reset. Different spirits and gods and archetypes and bizarre races like the Hist.
>>
>>48192519
I was thinking Ashlanders/Tribunal, Vvardenfell/Mainland, and Chimer/Dwemer but those are probably better.
>>
File: konahrik.jpg (25 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
konahrik.jpg
25 KB, 306x306
Gonna repeat my question in >>48190156 someone pls gimme some books

>>48192615
Anything that set them apart. I know stuff about Elsweyr but I don't see how it's any different when split up.
>>
>>48192615
I'm aware their more forces than individuals but those forces are still divine in nature so I was wondering where they came from.
>Gods like Lorkhaj and Alkosh have been rolled up into the Riddle'Thar philosophy, but they are still their own entities.
So, he/it is a composite? Good enough.
Would you say ja-Kha'jay's the same? Riddle'Thar's derived from that, and it also defines order for the Khajiit.
>>
>>48192835
I like Breathing Water, The Cake and the Diamond, The Legend of Red Eagle, and the Arcturian Heresy.

Also, the Brief History of the Empire is mandatory reading.
>>
>>48192835
>someone pls gimme some books
Are you looking for story books, or books that provide interesting background info?
>>
>>48192919
Story books.
>>
>>48192835
I was about to but then you named both of my suggestions. :\
Skimming through Skyrim's bibliography now. Go read 16 Accounts of Madness in the mean time. (there's only 3 of them). Maybe myths of Sheogorath as a supplement.
>>
>>48192910
>Also, the Brief History of the Empire is mandatory reading.
Yeah they're history books instead of narratives but are worth one read through. Sort of like Wolf Queen IIRC.
>>
>>48192958
Poison Song is rather interesting. Set slightly after the War of the First Council and involves a less ashy House Dagoth.
The Mirror is kind of cool, involves the Bjoulsae river tribesmen.
Ruins of Kemel-Ze is probably my favorite narrative, its also a true account.
>>
>>48180638
The Ultimate Heist was pretty cool
>>
>>48192835
"breathing water" is a fun one
>>
File: The Real Barenziah, Part II.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
The Real Barenziah, Part II.png
2 MB, 1366x768
Who needs The Lusty Argonian Maid when you have this masterpiece!
>>
>>48192835
To be brief:
Pelletine has fertile river valleys and large forests. Most of the population live in permanent settlements, and the region contains most of Elsweyr's large cities. It's also the heartland of Moon Sugar production, and it's in many ways the home of Khajiiti high culture. The Mane lives in Pelletine, and it has important assets like Senchal and its mighty harbour.
The Pelletinians are said to find Anequina barbaric and uncultured. In religious terms, the Riddle'Thar philosophy reigns supreme in Pelletine.

Anequina is desert, steppe and hills, and many of the inhabitants are nomadic and tribal. The land is harsh and unforgiving, and the Khajiit who live there are equally tough. In contrast, they view Pelletine as decadent and depraved. Here the Riddle'Thar is also strong, but beliefs from before the introduction of the Riddle'Thar still live, and Alkosh is held in high regard. Politically the tribals differ from the towns and cities of the south. Rimmen, the chief city of the north, has a history of independence, as well as Akaviri influences.

>>48192892
>So, he/it is a composite?
Not quite.
Instead of being viewed as gods in and of themselves, they've been put into the context of the Riddle'Thar. It's part of the Riddle'Thar tradition to worship Alkosh, but you can't really say the Riddle'Thar is just a composite of older forms of worship.

>Would you say ja-Kha'jay's the same?
No.

>Riddle'Thar's derived from that
Only in part.
>>
>>48193156
>His other hand slid down inside her waistband and fondled her buttocks.
>He opened her shirt and pulled it down on her shoulders so that her breasts were exposed.
>Her hands released his turgid penis and then it was inside her and she was screaming in both pain and ecstasy.
>His penis had tiny little barbs on it.
She passed the fuck out, yet she still said yes to more.
>>
File: The_Bee_and_Barb_Shop_Sign.gif (91 KB, 437x512) Image search: [Google]
The_Bee_and_Barb_Shop_Sign.gif
91 KB, 437x512
>>48193232
I finally realize.
>>
>>48193367
Best tavern in Skyrim.
>>
>>48193367

Can't believe I haven't made that connection either. I feel like a Nord.
>>
>>48191897
>Adam Adamowicz

How will TES6 be after him
>>
>>48180160

The "Imperial Cult" is basically a missionary society, with a sideline in colonial administration. It's only "unified" because the factions are making common cause against the local "savages".

You'll notice in Cyrodil and Skyrim, each city has its own patron temple, and there's really no unified church hierarchy.
>>
File: imperialarmor2.jpg (256 KB, 1024x457) Image search: [Google]
imperialarmor2.jpg
256 KB, 1024x457
>>48193835
I honestly don't know. Bethesda barely followed up on his stuff for Skyrim anyway.
>>
>>48182474
>Argonians

Utterly alien, with a side order of Louisiana swamp folk.
>>
>>48182474
>Khajits
>not gypsies
>>
File: Adamowicz - Thane.jpg (561 KB, 1280x1806) Image search: [Google]
Adamowicz - Thane.jpg
561 KB, 1280x1806
>>48193973
They didn't use a lot of his stuff from the spitballing phase, but that's how everything works. The game is still overwhelmingly defined by his aesthetic, even if he maybe turned it down a notch for the actual design process.
>>
>>
>>48176565
In Skyrim. One of the Court mages offers to heal a grumpy Nord commander, but he refuses because he detests the idea.
>>
File: 1.jpg (145 KB, 1200x608) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
145 KB, 1200x608
>>48192835
Okay so:
>Aevar Stone-Singer (Nord-ish folk tale that you might've read as part of a quest already)
>The Armorer's Challenge (Argonian's make great smiths)
>Ancient Tales of the Dwemer (literally fictional, which the preface explains, but fun)
>The Black Arrow (revenge story set in Valenwood)
>The Cabin in the Woods (SPOOKY)
>Doors to Oblivion (sequel to On Oblivion)
>Feyfolken (Altmer story about a mage's mysterious magic item)
>A Game at Dinner (fuckin' Dark Elves man)
>Hallgerd's Tale (powerlevel arguments.txt)
>Hope of the Redoran (Dunmer parable)
>Horror of Castle Xyr (play set in Morrowind, a personal favourite)
>A Hypothetical Treachery (another fun play, this time set in Valenwood)
>Legend of Krately House (yet another play, this one 2SPOOKY)
>Ius, the Animal God (Lorekino)
>Kolb & The Dragon (Fighting Fantasy though the lens of good ol' Nord racism)
>The Locked Room (don't fuck with Redguards)
>The Lusty Argonian Maid ( :^) )
>Mysterious Akavir (always fun, probably won't be relevant until Elder Scrolls X)
>Purloined Shadows (thieves try stealing form Nocturnal)
>The Red Kitchen Reader (Jamie Oliver's Tamriel Road Trip)
>The Refugees (origin story for [redacted])
>Song of Pelinal (FUCK ELVES)
>Surfeit of Thieves (no spoilers)
>Tale of Dro'Zira (Khajiit gets no respect)
>Varnaccus and Bourlor (Daedra vs Archer, great fun)
>Withershins (hee-larious)
>various dungeon journals that tell great suspenseful stories but they're probably better experienced in-game anyway

There's also The Monomyth and The Annotated Annuad for your founding mythology and The Life of Uriel Septim VII and The Great War for recent history but maybe that just comes across as condescending. Presuming some of these don't already.

Some long episodic books I haven't read that might be good I dunno:
>2920, The Last Year of the First Era
>Biography of Barenziah
>The REAL Barenziah
>Mystery of Talara

Also The Bear of Markarth because Ulfric's an asshole and everyone should know it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.