[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modern General - spicy tech edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: salvador dali pepe.png (13 KB, 528x424) Image search: [Google]
salvador dali pepe.png
13 KB, 528x424
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

>Playing?
>Brewing/tweaking?
>Your local Meta?
>Next MTG Purchase?
>Thoughts on the current Meta?

The updated Modern Metagame is below.
>>
File: metagame.jpg (533 KB, 1230x1558) Image search: [Google]
metagame.jpg
533 KB, 1230x1558
The overall and paper Modern Metagame.

Information on Tiers and how they're calculated:
http://modernnexus.com/topdecks/

Direct link to the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VwzQKE-QTxRqzZjZ2n0o1Cp80enNcYQACf3d7xlsVDc/pubhtml

Modern deck primers link:
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern
>>
>>48121962
>Amulet Bloom came close but the fuckers banned it
Entirely because of that asshole Speck. Bloom was a fringe combo deck that went off maybe 8-10% of the time, and it was very fragile.

I'm convinced that if Speck didn't cheat his draws, the deck would probably still be around
>>
>>48124028
Woah what the fuck
>>
>>48123819
RG tron is a strong deck. Mono green stompy is cheaper and also plays big guys for you
>>
Let me just have all the turns...
Not sure if 4x Temporal Mastery is the right number, as most of the time, you are not drawing it as the first card. A diving top unban would help tremendously.

Instant (12)
2x Cryptic Command
2x Gigadrowse
4x Remand
2x Spell Snare
2x Telling Time

Land (23)
1x Calciform Pools
1x Dreadship Reef
20x Island
1x Mikokoro, Center of the Sea

Planeswalker (1)
1x Jace Beleren

Sorcery (14)
2x Part the Waterveil
2x Serum Visions
4x Temporal Mastery
4x Time Warp
2x Walk the Aeons

Enchantment (6)
4x Dictate of Kruphix
2x Spreading Seas

Artifact (2)
1x Elixir of Immortality
1x Howling Mine

Creature (2)
2x Thassa, God of the Sea

Sideboard (15)
2x Boomerang
2x Bribery
2x Cryptic Command
1x Dispel
1x Hibernation
1x Hurkyl's Recall
2x Spell Pierce
2x Spellskite
2x Vapor Snag
>>
Intruder Alarm?
>>
>>48124055
tiers are abitrary
you can't quantify them
>>
>>48124167

Top is not banned because its too strong its banned because of the metagame surrounding it, its basically a game legal way to stall for time and think at top level
>>
>>48124388

Why the fuck are you bringing up intruder alarm for this? He almost literally is a phyrexian arena on a dork for B, even if you ignore spellshaping bears and both his abilities fuelling each other
>>
>>48124167
I have never played a deck that brought as much salt as U Turns.
>>
File: Grim-Flayer_EN.jpg (629 KB, 744x1040) Image search: [Google]
Grim-Flayer_EN.jpg
629 KB, 744x1040
Looks good???
I guess????
>>
>>48127389
Delirium is fun to play. It hurts to know it'll never be viable
>>
>>48127774
It seems good just for the filtering desu, getting a 4/4 by turn 3 is just a bonus
>>
>>48127389

Wizards of the Coast: making bears bigger since 2013
>>
>>48126068
But top is legal in legacy, despite legacy demanding even more interaction. I can't see how top is banned for stalling when lantern control is a deck.
P.s. If you see a player spend more than 20 seconds spinning his top on competitive REL, call a judge.
>>
>>48127389
Where is this high quality picture from?
>>
Building a hydra deck. R8 me senpai. Trying to decide either to go with Genesis or Duskwatch. I'm thinking duskwatch over genesis because my hydras have x in their cost and start as 0/0 besides Bane. Bioshift is to manipulate my way to victory. Swing with a mystic and bioshift 20 counters onto him when he goes unblocked. My side is mainly against blue, as you see. My metas filled with control players.

Creatures
4x Arbor Elf
3x Elvish Mystic
4x Genesis Hydra
4x Heroes' Bane
3x Llanowar Elves
4x Primordial Hydra
2x Protean Hydra

enchantments
4x Market Festival
4x Utopia Sprawl

Instants
4x Bioshift

Lands
22x Forest
2x Ghost Quarter

Sideboard
2x Autumn's Veil
1x Guttural Response
2x Managorger Hydra
4x Mistcutter Hydra
2x Mutant's Prey
2x Naturalize
2x Wild Slash
>>
>>48129298
Reddit
>>
Anyone going to Lincoln this weekend? I'm showing up for the Last Chance on Saturday with a brew and a dream.
>>
>>48129305
Bad aggro deck.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/abazanocrats/

I am mostly an edh player, but want to try out modern. I decided this was a good archetype to play, since it seems pretty fun.

How badly did I fuck up?
>>
>>48127389
This has to be one of the most pushed bears Wizards have ever printed holy crap.
Almost makes me wanna play BGx
Maybe just BG actually, Rock beats seems totally doable.
>>
File: Lone Ride.png (420 KB, 581x409) Image search: [Google]
Lone Ride.png
420 KB, 581x409
>>48124028

Not playing actively at the moment but I'm brewing some R/W Norin Soul Sisters right now.

do you guys think that pic related could spice things up?
Is it a usable addition for the Soul Sisters archetype in general?
>>
>>48134549
Eh could be used in Soul Sisters... I'll use it in my karlov commander deck for sure though
>>
File: 1466892182967.png (1018 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
1466892182967.png
1018 KB, 750x1046
Just finished an Urzas Eldrazi deck so I can be the biggest shit eater. Just urza lands, Eldrazi temples, and cloud posts.

4x mimic
4xendless one
4x reality smasher
4x thought knot
4x matter reshaped
4x oblivion sower
1x ulamog and 1x kozilek

I really enjoy dropping in a thought knot and oblivion sower on turn 5.
>>
>>48130653
Live in Lincoln, plan on going since already qualified. Toss up between Fish and Zoo.
>>
File: Cytokine Storm.jpg (47 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Cytokine Storm.jpg
47 KB, 375x523
Would a card like this help to make BW tokens become a more viable deck?
>>
>>48130653
Best of luck to you mate

Are there any orky decks in the format? I want something big and clunky, but wins by force alone. RG tron?
I play U tron now, and have a few of the costly bits in my binder as well. Also I have 2x promo sylvan scrying for my meme deck
>>48136058
Yes, assuming the deck could even make it to turn 4
>>
>>48136058
Holy shit thats broken
>>
>>48136058
Stop posting your shitty custom cards.
>>
File: image.png (246 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
image.png
246 KB, 375x523
>>48136058
As long as we're posting custom cards,
here's one I made for Kaladesh.
>>
>>48136058
Are you fucking retarded? You realize that you can chain multiple of those together and your opponent can be completely locked out of the game on turn fucking four?

Custom card fags are cancer, go jerk yourself off in your containment generals and fuck off
>>
File: Bants Command.jpg (42 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Bants Command.jpg
42 KB, 375x523
>>48137023
I don't think it is a good idea to design around magical christmas land. Is silence a poorly designed card because people can lock people out of the game for four turns by drawing all four copies?

That said, does a card like this seem balanced?
>>
>>48137180
You are literally worse than the cooldown faggot.
>>
>>48137180
>can wrath with NO downside
>can prevent game loss
>can give you major card advantage

>for FOUR mana

"No"
>>
DELETE THIS THREAD
>>
File: Rage of the Gods.jpg (42 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Rage of the Gods.jpg
42 KB, 375x523
>>48137210
>>48137465
But it requires three different colored mana in a color combination that doesn't see play and only allows you to choose a few of these options. It is like a more restrictive cryptic command except stronger against creature decks and worse against spell based decks.

That said, does a card like this seem like a good finisher for control decks in modern?
>>
>>48137594
Stop this isn't even funny. My jimmies aren't even rustled by this grade school level trolling, you're just being an ass.
>>
>>48137655
Have you considered that I am not a troll and instead am actually posting these ideas because they seem interesting to discuss?
>>
>>48137827
If that wre the case, why are you posting them in the modern thread and not Custom Card General
>>
>>48137983
Because when making cards based around modern, it is generally better to ask people who understand the modern format.
>>
>>48138044
>Because when making cards based around modern, it is generally better to ask people who understand the modern format.
Which is exactly my point, why are you here?
>>
Do you guys think lodestone is modern playable with ethersworn cannonist and amethyst of thorn?
Or modern playable at all?
>>
>custom cards in modern
pls no
Anyway, this card excites me for RU decks
>>
File: Niblis-of-Frost-Eldritch-Moon.png (164 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Niblis-of-Frost-Eldritch-Moon.png
164 KB, 265x370
>>48138443
fucking moot
>>
I guess I don't know if this is the right thread, but all the others seem to fit worse. If it is, then I'm sorry.

So, I've been out of the game for almost a decade, and I'm kind of considering fiddling around again on the cheap. I always loved mill decks, so I tried to put one together, but I've got basically zero awareness of the game, so I can't tell if it's any good. Hell, I can barely remember how to figure out how many lands to put in, so I bet I got that wrong as well.

//Artifact (2)
2 Alchemist's Vial

//Creature (16)
4 Carrier Thrall
4 Faerie Miscreant
4 Manic Scribe
4 Palace Familiar

//Enchantment (14)
4 Call the Bloodline
4 Sphinx's Tutelage
4 Vampiric Rites
2 Vessel of Paramnesia

//Instant (10)
2 Altar's Reap
4 Grasp of Darkness
4 Negate

//Sorcery (1)
1 Startled Awake

//Land (17)
7 Island
4 Submerged Boneyard
6 Swamp

I guess my goal is to use Call the Bloodline combined with Vampric Rites to trigger Sphinx as much as possible
>>
>>48138523
it dies to bolt tho
>>
>>48138563
You probably wanna check out a Standard thread, not this one. On another note, your manabase is fucked. I sometime miss out on my 2nd or 3rd land drop in burn and I run 19 lands only 3 of which only tap for one colour.
>>
File: Greed-Art-1024x748.jpg (180 KB, 1024x748) Image search: [Google]
Greed-Art-1024x748.jpg
180 KB, 1024x748
Is Dredge going to stick around? I want the cheapest tier 1 or 2 deck possible.

Please advise. I just don't wanna get owned hard by all the burn and RG Tron dudes here.
>>
>>48138656
I guess what is the thoughts on lands right now? I'm avoiding most dual lands because the good ones seem expensive and I don't care enough about the game to pay for them.

But 90% of the deck is two mana or less to cast, so I figured I wouldn't need that much mana to generate.

It's simple enough to drop some stuff, I guess. How many should I look at?
>>
>>48138923

Standard duals are dirt cheap, you shouldn't have a problem picking up 4.
>>
>>48138923
>I guess what is the thoughts on lands right now? I'm avoiding most dual lands because the good ones seem expensive and I don't care enough about the game to pay for them.
Fetchlands into Shocklands is simply the best. If you have a single fetch in hand, you can get any color mana you need. You can choose not to take the 2 lost life if you don't need that mana immediately. There's nothing else with that level of versatility and consistency. Allied color fetches, specifically Khans ones, are the cheapest they're going to be for a while.

>But 90% of the deck is two mana or less to cast, so I figured I wouldn't need that much mana to generate.
A good manabase is more about tempo and fixing than about total mana generated. Not every deck is Tron or Bloom (RIP).

>It's simple enough to drop some stuff, I guess. How many should I look at?
There are cheap lands that are okay for tempo. Check lands (pic) are good. SOI and BFZ duals are some other decent and cheap lands, but those want as few lands duplicates as possible. (Prairie Stream is best with as few nonbasics as possible, and having two Port Towns in hand with nothing else is completely soul-crushing).
>>
File: glacial.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
glacial.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>48141598
>forgot pic
oy vey
>>
>>48138563
Why are you playing creatures in a mill deck?

Also, you're only playing standard cards, so call it a standard deck.

4x Sphinx's Tutelage
4x Fleeting Memories
This is the core of Standard Mill decks. Ignore Startled Awake. Your job is to draw cards like a madman. Gatherer is your friend.
>>
>>48142435
They're cheap targets for Vampric Rites, and most of them provide some sort of card draw effect as well. And they can end up triggering the extra effect on the Scribe once I sac them.

I was looking at Fleeting, but then I noticed I didn't have any other clue based effects in my deck. Is it fine on it's own?

>>48141598
Put in the Sunken Hollows as well.
>>
Thoughts on Unsubstantiate? Been testing a few in a delver list and it feels pretty good, spell bounce is nice tempo and hits Abrupt Decay.
I want Memory Lapse in modern
>>
Why should I play this when Standard decks are only 200 bucks and keeping them current costs a few bucks every rotation?

Are you guys retarded?
>>
>>48143629
Just play what you want my man. It's okay with us.
>>
File: 1023512351251.png (100 KB, 200x279) Image search: [Google]
1023512351251.png
100 KB, 200x279
Emeria Titan just got SPICY
>>
>>48143629
>I love having to buy a new deck multiple times a year and can't get enough of the overly simplified card pool

Nah bruh, you're the retard.
>>
File: ZOO.png (2 MB, 1311x885) Image search: [Google]
ZOO.png
2 MB, 1311x885
how bout burnzoo?
>>
>>48144693

>Cinder Glade

Get Stomping Grounds faggot, you're playing aggro
>>
>>48134109
Notice me sempai
>>
So I am actually a brand new MTG player

I understand that this thread is for the Modern format but I can't seem to find any other thread where I could ask this question.
From what I have been able to gather and what some friends have suggested is that starting in the Standard format is a bit easier since the card pool is much smaller

you may all be a bit bias towards that but my question is what would be the best way to start building up a collection if I am willing to spend about 1k on this game in the next few weeks/months?
>>
>>48145278

Don't play Standard, the constant rotation makes it a huge money sink.

Get shocklands, fetchlands + some good modern cards
>>
>>48145278
>>48145464

On the flip side, Standard is probably good if you're just learning.

Get an event deck and some singles to improve it, that's your best bet for starting Standard.
>>
>>48145278
I started with Modern as my first competitive format and I didn't think it was too much. I had already played casually for a couple of years before, but I don't know if it makes a difference.

Also as some other anon mentioned Modern doesn't rotate so you don't have to renew your decks all the time.
>>
>>48144693
get the other bushwhacker, it sets up well with Burning Tree Emissary. Also, I'd get rid of Ukabi Drake and go a couple Expedite and another Flinthoof boar, or Gore-Clan Rampager and oath of Nisa
>>
Anyone play temur traverse?

I've been testing it out and it seems mediocre. Just wondering if anyone else has tried the deck
>>
Is blue moon a good deck?
>>
>>48143629
Because after the 3rd or 4th rotation you will suddenly realize that you could be playing affinity right now had you not wasted so much money on standard.
>>
>>48144693
Where are your fetches nerd?
Ditch the spark Elementals for Nacatl and run a single Sacred Foundry or Temple Garden
>>
>>48145278d
>starting in the Standard format is a bit easier since the card pool is much smaller
Maybe, but you're going to be pretty bummed out when your investments rotate out, and are worthless outside casual kitchen tables. There are some cheap decks that you can put together, but for the most part, competing in standard is just buying chase rares and slapping them in a deck.
My advice for getting into standard is buy decent-looking bulk rares. New things coming in and old things rotating out can cause certain cards to get much better. Archangel of Tithes recently shot up in price recently when Khans of Tarkir rotated out (along with the insane mana fixing of fetchlands, which made mono-color decks stronger).

>start building up a collection if I am willing to spend about 1k on this game in the next few weeks/months?
I know it sucks, but buy lands.
Buy playsets of all 5 Khans of Tarkir Fetchlands. They're going nowhere but up, and you'll love them forever. They're useful even in decks that only run one of the two colors, since each fetch can find 7 of the 10 shocklands. Getting a playset of all 10 shocklands is a bit of a commitment, and you might not even build with all of them, so just get the ones in colors you want to play. They've been out of print for a little while, so while they're not going down in price, they've plateaued off a bit.

Then start buying staples for your preferred colors (Not staples of archetypes, mind you. That'll come later). Path to Exile, Serum Visions, Lightning Bolt, etc are used in a lot of decks of their respective colors.

Then start brewing.
>>
>>48127389
I remember Rock...

Better than the Abzan Meme
>>
>>48134549
Go for it, seems spicy and would go well as kind of a secondary Avenger when transformed.
>>
File: collectivebrutality.jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
collectivebrutality.jpg
42 KB, 265x370
Seems like a spicy addition to Dredge, besides it being a sorcery. But any thoughts?
>>
>>48150375
If it could use the same mode multiple times this card would be the greatest thing ever.
>>
>>48127389
Gonna try a one of in Jund. Seems nuts and interacts well with goyf and dark confidant.
>>
I'm playing mono blue tron and thinking about killing myself
>>
>>48150966
Do it
>>
>>48150375
>two mana your infect opponent picks 1; discard 2 pump spells, or discard 1 pump spell and sacrifice target creature.
>two mana target storm player loses the game if they have goblin electromancer
>two mana destroy target hatebear
>two mana remove target burn spell and destroy target creature
Seems like a very strong sideboard card. Only useless mode seems like the lose 2 life one.
>>
>>48124028
>Brewing/tweaking?
the spiciest meme UB Thopter Tron
>>
I like playing burn, but I feel that I really need to start branching out. Whats a fun fast paced deck that won't blow my bank?
>>
>>48153698
Your definition of fast-paced could be subjective. Could you elaborate on it?

To me, FAST is something like the Shadow decks.
>>
>>48150599
How the hell does that card interact with Dark Confidant in any way unless you are able to consistently change the top four cards of your library?
>>
File: blessedalliance.jpg (43 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
blessedalliance.jpg
43 KB, 265x370
Who else is getting new tech from EMN?

I'm going to be testing this Esper list with Blessed Alliance:

2 Snapcaster Mage

4 Path to Exile
3 Spell Snare
4 Think Twice
2 Blessed Alliance
2 Logic Knot
2 Shadow of Doubt
1 Negate
4 Esper Charm
4 Cryptic Command
2 Sphinx's Revelation
1 White Sun's Zenith

3 Supreme Verdict

4 Celestial Colonnade
4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
2 Hallowed Fountain
2 Watery Grave
1 Godless Shrine
3 Island
1 Plains
1 Swamp
1 Glacial Fortress
1 Drowned Catacomb
2 Ghost Quarter

SB:
3 Thoughtseize
2 Extirpate
2 Blessed Alliance
1 Disenchant
1 Celestial Purge
1 Anguished Unmaking
1 Wrath of God
2 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
2 Baneslayer Angel

I think having maindeck lifegain and non-targeted removal in the same card is just what the deck needs to improve tough match-ups like Burn and Infect.

I'm also exited to see what Selfless Soul and Thalia, Cathar Heretic can do in Death and Taxes.
>>
>>48153768
>Your definition of fast-paced could be subjective. Could you elaborate on it?
Something that wins usually by or before turn 5 and doesn't require remembering 10,000 triggers.
>>
>>48154103
You might want to try out a combo deck then. Look at the decks here >>48124055

And yeah, my suggestion for Shadow (also known as Suicide Zoo) still stands.
>>
>>48153786
You could rearrange the order in which you draw wih Bob. And with trample it's pretty shoule be consistent, which makes chump blocking ineffective.
>>
6 Island
4 Thopter Foundry
4 Sword of the Meek
6 Swamp
4 Tezzeret the Seeker
4 Reshape
4 Ichor Wellspring
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Talisman of Dominance
4 Mind Stone
4 Expedition Map
4 Urza's Power Plant
4 Urza's Mine
4 Urza's Tower

3 Damnation
2 Pithing Needle
2 Relic of Progenitus
4 Ensnaring Bridge
2 Echoing Truth
2 Dispel

rate my shitter brew
>>
>>48154621
Looks petty meme worthy. I personally think you should run an ironworks that way you can straight up go infinite.
>>
>>48150375
This seems like the best card in the set and makes grixis control insane and will become a sideboard staple in many other black decks. The utility of a card like this is insane and allows for very strong trades; for example, gain 2 life, remove a lightning bolt is game winning against burn.
>>
Ordered some cards from the chinaman this week. Got Goyfs, snaps, blood moons and some fetches. Going to build a temur delver and just needed the expensive staples
>>
File: dank.jpg (63 KB, 760x528) Image search: [Google]
dank.jpg
63 KB, 760x528
>>48124028
>>48124055
Regular OP here, thank you for posting a proper thread, minus the picture.

Here's a sassy spoiler.
>>
>>48155163
Lol I just did this exact thing.

Snaps are too dark.
You get fs goyfs?
>>
>>48155427
Valakut tech?
>>
>>48155427
jesus. That's half a boundless realms
>>
>>48156212
I can see it. It essentially lets you scapeshift again if your opponet uses some dank tech like pay no heed
>>
>>48155427
Just think of all the landfall triggers that will stack up, holy shit.
>>
>>48155427
>3G
>Sorcery
>Return your 2-3 fetches to the board tapped

Familia there's easier ways to Time Walk yourself

>>48156212
>>48156276
If you have enough Mountains in the yard post-Scapeshift to kill them you're building your deck and fetching your mana wrong.
>>
>>48124028
thinking of brewin either monowhite or WU death and taxes. I'm thinking of heavy use of flickering ETBs and things like ghosthly prison, both the old thalia and the emn one to annoy, stall and confuse the opponents. I'm really in doubt if I should add blue to it, because it enables geist, counters and celestia collonade, but it can get expensive quick.
I also love lifelink, and am looking forward to gisela, bruna, and lone rider... but i don't know if they'd fit that well.
No list for now since this is just an idea, but any input is welcome.
>>
>>48127389
It could fit a BUG shell imho. Thought scour can make it bigger faster. Maybe BUG thing in the ice modern? BUG Delver?
>>
>>48155427
Gitrog monster?
>>
Why is Grixis Delver a Tier 3?
Damn, no way it can be compares to U tron or Thooth and Nail. Same for Living End and Reanimator!
Tier 2 should be judged by their strenght rather than results because results are influenced by metagame percentage.
Affinity for example is a tier 1 (everyone agrees) but Merfolk made more tops and more 1st places than Affinity. Affinity is strong and way more played than Merfolk, but Merfolk got better results historically.
If 30/100 players bring the same UB Mill deck at the same event, there will be surely more probability that the deck will hit top8 or win the event.
>>
>>48155870
I got the snaps from His new set last week. Well see how good they are. I got two of each goyf to make it look like I ready had two from opening FS and then rounded out my collection
>>
So I'm running a pretty standard bw token list. Mostly budget but I found once I have godless shrine and marsh costs I dont need 24 mana. Has anyone had experience running with 22 lands?
>>
>>48159625
I always ran 23 lands in Tokens.
>>
>>48155427
Cascade into Jokalhaups, cascade into this, Wanderer resolves.
>>
hey, could anyone help me build a manabase for my jeskai nahiri deck? i'm still kind of newish to magic so i have no clue how to make manabases like work. thanks~

general deck advice is also super appreciated!

4x Nahiri, the Harbinger
2x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
4x Lightning Bolt
2x Spell Snare
2x Crpytic Command
2x Wall of Omens
3x Remand
2x Supreme Verdict
2x Mana Leak
4x Path to Exile
2x Lightning Helix
4x Serum Visions
3x Snapcaster Mage
1x Vendilion Clique
SB :
1x Sphinx's Revelation
1x Stony Silence
1x Dispel
1x Izzet Staticaster
1x Wrath of God
1x Anger of the Gods
1x Wear / Tear
1x Timely Reinforcements
2x Relic of Progenitus
1x Crumble to Dust
1x Spreading Seas
2x Negate
>>
>>48162139
Cut one Emrakul so you can have 24 lands.
3 Celestial Colonnade
4 Flooded Strand
4 Scalding Tarn
2 Steam Vents
2 Hallowed Fountain
1 Sacred Foundry
3 Island
1 Plains
1 Mountain
2 Sulfur Falls
1 Tectonic Edge
>>
>>48127389
I was looking at this card today and Necrotic Ooze popped to mind..what would go well with it in GBx besides the obvious Griselbrand?
>>
>>48162887
Necrotic Ooze has literally zero synergy with that card outside of it putting things in the card really inefficiently.
>>
>>48162901
Well you want to put shit in the graveyard to enable delirium, so it would go in either a delirium deck or in a graveyard interaction deck.
I put aside reanimator gimmicks because that's been done over and over so I arrived at Ooze, but at the same time I'm not interested in using it to enable combos or anything like that.
>>
Thank you!
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 320x180
>>48163314
And to all the children of the world..congratulations!
>>
File: bedlam_reveler[1].jpg (43 KB, 255x361) Image search: [Google]
bedlam_reveler[1].jpg
43 KB, 255x361
How does a 3/4 with prowess for one mana sound? The other one mana pays for the FUCKING TREASURE CRUISE.
>>
>>48162954
>a delirium deck
There's your problem; you think themes will save you.
>>
>>48165003
Just like the garbage human decks in the current standard, right?
>>
>>48165128
1 mana 2/1s are a much better game plan than shoehorning a mechanic.
>>
>>48163996

>FUCKING TREASURE CRUISE

>Discard your hand, Draw 3

NOT

THE

SAME

You're almost as bad as those fags at the card shop who call Remand "Time Walk"
>>
>>48165003
It's not supposed to be a theme, but if you have 1 delirium card you might as well play other cards that turn stronger with delirium
Traverse the Ulvenwald is begging to be broken
>>
>>48165208
What about 1-mana 3/3s?
>>
>>48163996
I wish this thing had haste desu
I would play it in burn if it had haste
>>
>>48165742
It would be a god awful card to have in your opening hand. Or within your first few draws.
>>
>>48165822
Agreed, but personally I think would be a way better late game topdeck than an eidolon
>>
>>48160019
>modern thread
>edh nonsense
>>
>>48124028
is it me or is BW tokens underrated?
>>
Will you faggots please stop trying to play mardu control on cockatrice
>>
Hey guys, have any Thopter decks put up real results since it got unbanned? Huge fan of Legacy Tezzerator so I was hoping I could play a Modern port, after a bit of brewing this is what I ended up playing, opinions? If it isn't clear the Steam Vents is there to hit 3 Sunburst on EE, thinking about going lighter on basics and going a 2-2 split of Tarns and Mires.

3 Trinket Mage

2 Engineered Explosives
2 Thopter Foundry
2 Sword of the Meek
2 Dimir Signet
3 Ensnaring Bridge
4 Talisman of Dominance
1 Chalice of the Void

4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
2 Tezzeret the Seeker

4 Thirst for Knowledge
3 Reshape
4 Remand

2 Academy Ruins
1 Steam Vents
4 Polluted Delta
5 Swamp
3 Watery Grave
2 Creeping Tar Pit
2 Sunken Ruins
5 Island

2 Batterskull
2 Torpor Orb
3 Damnation
2 Pithing Needle
2 Relic of Progenitus
2 Echoing Truth
2 Dispel
>>
File: G3NM8HG.png (390 KB, 1048x330) Image search: [Google]
G3NM8HG.png
390 KB, 1048x330
What is Mardu missing to push it to the next level?

All three are playable colors in Modern. You substitute the black for blue and you get Jeskai which is a top deck right now.

Are Serum Visions/Ancestral Visions/Countermagic that much stronger than the hand disruption/Liliana that black offers the R/W?
>>
>>48166346
see
>>48166279
>>
File: Zombie Giant.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Zombie Giant.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
>>48166218
No, it is pretty weak. However, if a card like this were to be made, it would be much stronger.
>>
>>48166383
First of all it's not weak and has a positive MU against jeskai control and jund among others.

Second, please go back to your containment thread and take your shitty fucking cards with you.
>>
File: Handsome Squidward.jpg (49 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
Handsome Squidward.jpg
49 KB, 500x446
>>48166361
But I don't play Modern on cockatrice
>>
>>48165881
>burn
>late game
>>
File: stop.png (125 KB, 386x318) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
125 KB, 386x318
>>48138044
>Because when making cards based around modern, it is generally better to ask people who understand the modern format.
>someone who understands the metagame tells that it is a bad idea
>"n-no, it's balanced!"
>proceeds to post a card so retarded that it seems to come from Hearthstone
>>
>>48166218
I agree that it is. What it really lacks is card draw and protecting tokens. I know the idea is to chump tokens because you can usually just make more but sometimes in the late game if your board gets wiped, it's hard to recover with say one or no cards in hand.

I've been toying around with Night's Whisper as a 2 of but recently took it out. It's tough to to take out another important slot for them and the 2 life can hurt on top of shock lands and Thoughtseize with no Champs or Sorin on the field
>>
>>48166346
Good BW cards. Currently, Jund, Abzan, Jeskai and Grixis do everything Mardu does but better. Anguished Unmaking was close to what we needed, but still not quite there.
>>
>>48166383
I honestly don't get why you post your garbage here. No one gives you a positive reception. Fuck off already.
>>
>>48155020
That play technically puts you down one damage against burn. You traded two cards to save 5 damage when the going rate against burn is one card for 3 damage. If you're going to trade one for one against burn I would rather have an inquisition on turn one and have utility in other matchups.
>>
>>48166542
Turn 4 is late game in burn
>>
>>48166560
The tokens don't need any protection. The whole idea behind them is that they're disposable, if your opponent wipes the board, you fill it up the next turn. Token's main problem is that it runs out of gas and I'm not sure how that problem will ever be solved.
>>
>>48166623
Its more than 5 damage if you get a creature with it as long as the creature would have the opportunity to attack more than once. Also burn only has so many resources; I could see this being a solid sideboard card in a deck like ad nauseam that wants to win on turn 4.
>>
>>48166698
Splash red for Outpost Siege since most of the shit it does is sorcery speed anyway
>>
>>48166802
If you splash red in BW tokens then it's for bolt and helix not for fucking outpost siege. I'd rather run phyrexian arena.
>>
File: Well Timed Thought.jpg (38 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Well Timed Thought.jpg
38 KB, 375x523
>>48166556
Not everyone who posts here is good at modern, but they are more likely to be good than people in the custom card threads. There is a difference between knowledgeable criticism and criticisms based on unlikely and rare situations; I shouldn't be expected to take all criticism without question.

That said, what do you guys think of this card? Does it seem any good?
>>
>>48166698
That's what I was saying. Sure they're disposable, then the late game comes around and your hand is gone with no more souls to flashback. Honestly, that's a pretty minor thing if you ask me compared to card draw to help replenish token producers. With Tokens, you just need to keep some of that gas in your hand and not get ahead of yourself which is my biggest problem.

It's against the grain but I've been considering running 2 Inquisition and 2 Thoughseize to free up spots for some sort of drawing. We'll see.
>>
>>48166913
>draw 9 cards for 1 mana
you're good at what you do ccg anon
>>
File: cryptbreaker.jpg (36 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
cryptbreaker.jpg
36 KB, 265x370
So what the verdict on this guy? is he gonna make Zombies playable or is he just gonna be standard jank.
>>
>>48166973
>He isn't casting Restore Balance 3 times

Is Nihil Spellbomb better than Relic of Progenitus if I'm in black
>>
File: 1373902504214.png (258 KB, 360x864) Image search: [Google]
1373902504214.png
258 KB, 360x864
>>48166913
>>48166383
>>48137594
>>48137180
>>48136058
>>
>>48167022
depends if you use your own graveyard
>>
>>48167021
standard jank.
>>
>>48166346
Mardu is missing people willing to play the deck, that's all. I guess it's also missing good grindy RW cards. Anything not both red and white can be run in either Jund or Abzan. Soulfire Grand Master is the biggie here since only Mardu can activate the ability. I'm running three
>>
File: Horrific Abomination.jpg (49 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Horrific Abomination.jpg
49 KB, 375x523
>>48166973
That wouldn't work out very well though as it would force you to play no other cards that cost 0 mana. It would weaken your gameplan significantly in return for card advantage. If you did that, it would also make all other copies of the card useless, meaning you either have to accept having a lot of dead cards in your deck or only play a single copy.

That said, thoughts on this card for Jund? Jund has a lot of powerful four mana finishers to choose from, would they have any reason to pick this card?
>>
>>48167223
>would they have any reason to pick this card
Yeah.

FUCKING SCAVENGING OOZE.

ALSO SPLASH WHITE FOR REST IN PEACE AND PLAY A VISCERA SEE TO GO INFINITE

YOU ALSO MIXED A TRIGGER AND REPLACEMENT EFFECT YOU FUCKING MORON

SWAP "WHEN" FOR "IF"

THEN FUCK OFF BACK TO YOUR CONTAINMENT THREAD
>>
>>48166346
>>48167221
There really is no reason to play mardu instead of grixis or jeskai.
>>
>>48167288
Thoughtseize slaps Jeskai pretty hard, and I think Mardu has a decent matchup against Grixis because you're running harder spells than him. You also get unique sideboard options like Crackling Doom. And come on, who doesn't want to play Bolt, Path, and Thoughtseize in the same deck?

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=12541&d=272317&f=MO
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=12541&d=272310&f=MO
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=12532&d=272248&f=MO

There's the 3 Mardu lists currently on mtgtop8. Note how it's a pile of stuff Jund would run, and a pile of stuff Abzan would run. You could equally ask the question of why play Jund over Abzan. Answers like "Bolt" can easily be countered by "Lingering Souls".
>>
>>48167223
Are you one of these fat transgender black retarded 17 y.o. faggots who started playing MTG because it's 'hip' and because the faggot enablers like LSV and Sam Black said the community is welcoming of special snowflakes like you? Because I've seen stupid players, but never ever I've seen someone so bad that they look like R&D from Yu-Gi-Oh and Hearthstone.
>>
>>48167223
please keep them coming holy cow dude
these are golden
>>
>>48166913
>>48166383
>>48137594
>>48137180
>>48136058
>>48167223

Why do you keep posting? No one ever gives you any positive feedback. I just want the mods to ban you forever.
>>
>>48167405
Not one of those is from a 1 star + event. Just saying.
>>
Does Kaladesh have Goblins on it? I feel like goblins are a ubiquitous pest that are probably present to some degree on almost every plane but I wanted to know specifically.
>>
>>48167881
yes
>>
Prototype BUG threshold list. I think I have too many creatures but I would like to fit Grim Flayer in. Need to cut 3, any suggestions? I know the landbase is dodgy too so any suggestions there would be nice as well.

BUG Threshold
4 Gnarlwood Dryad
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Grim Flayer
1 Taigur, the Golen Fang
1 Vendellion Clique

4 Thought Scour
3 Mana Leak
3 Remand
2 Abrupt Decay
2 Cryptic Command

1 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Thoughtseize
4 Inquisition of Kozilek

3 Liliana of the Veil

4 Misty Rainforest
4 Verdant Catacombs
3 Overgrown Tomb
3 Watery Grave
2 Swamp
2 Island
1 Forest
1 Twilight Mire
1 Sunken Ruins
>>
>>48167925
sweet, thanks and heres to a Goblin Welder reprint.
>>
So Grixis Delver is getting some fun new tech in Eldritch Moon

Thinking of Bedlam Reveler as a one of to replace Gurmangler
>>
>>48168146
>Thinking of Bedlam Reveler as a one of to replace Gurmangler

why would you want to do that
>>
>>48168160
Because Tasigur is my delve bae and AV is sideboard
>>
>>48168043
Cut the Cryptics for two more Abrupt Decays. Cut Lily to get the deck to 60. If you want to run Delver I would cut Pulse, some Discard, and a few lands for Serum Visions. 21 Instants and Sorceries with no early deck manipulation is not nearly enough to flip Delver. You want 26-30. Otherwise you could cut Delver and leave in some of the high-cost cards and play a more midrange-style deck.
>>
File: Spirit of Philosophy.jpg (34 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Spirit of Philosophy.jpg
34 KB, 375x523
>>48167258
Those cards would provide little value outside of that combo though, I don't see it being better than the combo that Collected Company decks already have. Having to use Rest in Peace is especially bad considering it does nothing in most matchups except allow you to combo.

That said, I do believe you should be a little nicer with your criticism. Are the insults really necessary? Also, what do you guys think of this card? Do you think it would be a good sideboard card for modern?
>>
>>48168585
Fuck off.
>>
>play critical mass gameplan decks
>get negative play experience from playing against needlesly expensive decks with infuriating amount of disruption
>screw this, I’m switching to bogles
>meta shifts
>everyone plays infect now

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48168585
This card is formatted so poorly.

First, this card would have protection from red, which seems almost pointless, and secondly, the lower ability should have a colon not a comma after pick one.
>>
File: 1419711780922.png (22 KB, 651x429) Image search: [Google]
1419711780922.png
22 KB, 651x429
>>48168679
>>48168626
>>
There's no standard thread so I'll ask here. I've got 64 cards and I need to cut 4. Where should I cut?

Instant (17)
4x Expedite
3x Fiery Impulse
1x Geistblast
3x Rush of Adrenaline
4x Titan's Strength
2x Uncaged Fury

Enchantment (4)
4x Senseless Rage

Creature (15)
4x Elusive Spellfist
1x Goldnight Castigator
4x Sanguinary Mage
4x Stormchaser Mage
2x Zada, Hedron Grinder

Sorcery (4)
4x Slip Through Space

Land (24)
4x Highland Lake
9x Island
10x Mountain
1x Shivan Reef

Sideboard
3x Deny Existence
3x Lightning Axe
3x Negate

Acquireboard
3x Shivan Reef
>>
>>48168765
cut everything
then kill yourself
>>
>>48168748
>telling someone to fuck off is the same as taking the bait

>>48168765
>There's no standard thread so I'll ask here.
That's not how it works, faggot. Go make a standard thread.
My gut says get rid of Senseless Rage, auras are bad unless they're crazy efficient like Rancor, Ethereal Armor, Gryff's Boon, and Madcap Skills.
>>
>>48168200
Gotcha, thanks. So I can get away with no Serum Visions if I have 26-30 instants/sorcs, but otherwise I need some? I wonder if I should cut Thought Scour as I had it in there to get Delirium off, but I wonder if Grim Flayer does enough of that by himself.

4 Gnarlwood Dryad
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Grim Flayer
1 Taigur, the Golen Fang
1 Vendellion Clique

4 Thought Scour
4 Serum Visions
3 Mana Leak
3 Remand
4 Abrupt Decay

2 Thoughtseize
2 Inquisition of Kozilek

4 Misty Rainforest
4 Verdant Catacombs
3 Overgrown Tomb
3 Watery Grave
2 Swamp
1 Island
1 Forest
1 Twilight Mire
1 Sunken Ruins
>>
Hey guys is this the thread where I post my custom cards & standard decklists?
>>
Why don't mods ban these nigger faggots posting custom card trash? It's not even good shitposting.
>>
>>48169086
Dryad is bad. Just play hooting mandrills
Similar charm is a good card in this kind of deck
>>
File: 1380038104525.png (292 KB, 396x554) Image search: [Google]
1380038104525.png
292 KB, 396x554
Would this card make playing blue more viable in modern?
>>
File: Construct of Griselbrand.jpg (51 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Construct of Griselbrand.jpg
51 KB, 375x523
>>48169122
No standard decks, but if you make a custom card that you think would create interesting discussion about the modern meta game, then I don't see why not. Like this card for example, do you think this card would be any good?
>>
>>48169086
>Gotcha, thanks. So I can get away with no Serum Visions if I have 26-30 instants/sorcs, but otherwise I need some?
Ideally you want both, although in your list there's also Grim Flayer for deck manipulation. Delver is super powerful IF you can get it to flip. If it doesn't flip reliably its garbage.

>I wonder if I should cut Thought Scour as I had it in there to get Delirium off, but I wonder if Grim Flayer does enough of that by himself.
I wouldn't cut Thought Scour. I might even add Gitaxian Probe (for 12 cantrips) and cut to 17 lands. Go look at RUG Delver lists for inspiration.
>>
>>48169309
are you actually that stupid? this would be the most busted card ever. Its a better time walk
>>
>>48166920
Don't cut discard. 6-8 discard cards is actually the core of the deck. Don't fuck around with the core
>>
>>48169530
Do you think someone would do that family? Just go on an anonymous image board and shitpost for replies?

People who reply to custom cardshits deserve to get banned just as hard as the posters.
>>
I'm thinking of trying to make a pseudo-manaless dredge work. Any help?
This is my list so far
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
4 Golgari Thug
4 Narcomoeba
4 Phantasmagorian
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Street Wraith
4 Bridge from Below
4 Gitaxian Probe
3 Dakmor Salvage
4 Dryad Arbor
3 Demon of Death's Gate
4 Call to the Netherworld
4 Edge of Autumn
3 Sickening Shoal
3 Gut Shot
4 Bloodghast
>>
>>48171724
Don't bother anon, RiP and LLotV make your deck worthless.
>>
>>48171851
>LLotV
Liliana of the Veil?
>>
>>48172219
Leyline of the Void
>>
>>48172224
Makes way more sense, thanks Anon.
>>
File: sword_of_x_and_y.png (544 KB, 1237x1600) Image search: [Google]
sword_of_x_and_y.png
544 KB, 1237x1600
Which sword is the best in Modern? inb4 none of them

I feel like War and Peace has the best protections, but Fire and Ice has the best all around abilities, and Light and Shadow has the ability to be super grindy in the right deck.
>>
>>48166560
Use a copy or two of secure the wastes, it can really help after a boardwipe.
>>
>>48172839
Fire & Ice is easily best.
>>
>>48172839
Feast and famine is fucking awesome but fire and ice kicks ass
>>
File: 1408180683697.png (2 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
1408180683697.png
2 MB, 2550x3300
thoughts?
im trying to make izzet work, i have a very control heavy meta at my LGS

4 Thing in the Ice
4 Young Pyromancer
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Snapcaster Mage
4 Steam Vents
4 Shivan Reef
4 Sulfur Falls
4 Mountain
4 Island
4 Serum Visions
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Izzet Charm
2 Magma Jet
3 Remand
2 Mana Leak
3 Gitaxian Probe
4 Thought Scour
SB: 2 Vendilion Clique
>>
File: swifty.jpg (78 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
swifty.jpg
78 KB, 312x445
>>48173694
You only want Thought Scour if you're playing Delve cards, otherwise 4 Probe 4 Visions is enough cantrips. If you can pony up the cash, Khans fetches are better than no fetches. This is the manabase I run in UR Delver:
4 Flooded Strand
3 Polluted Delta
2 Wooded Foothills
3 Steam Vents
4 Island
1 Mountain
2 Sulfur Falls

I'm not sure what a control heavy meta looks like in Modern, but when I've played Esper I've had more trouble with the aggressive RUG Delver lists than the midrangey Grixis ones, so maybe build UR with Swiftspear and lots of burn spells. Either way I think TiTi is mediocre, and 4 Snapcasters is too many. Also 1-2 Clique in the main is good, and any of the shock variants are better than Magma Jet.
>>
>>48124028
So, im absolutely insane and building Goblin charbelcher, I want to do the endless horizons/belcher combo by turn 3
What's the quickest and most consistent way to get 4 mana by turn 2 and 6 by turn 3? I was thinking utopia sprawls and arbor elf
>>
>>48173757
titi is my pet card, even if it sucks dick, I love it so I'm going to keep it in
but yea, I think I may run 3x or even 2x snapcaster
I was told to run thought scout for snapcaster Mage
but I think I like sleight of hand better

and I may make the switch of delvers to swiftspears

I've been doing a lot of play testing and it honestly feels like something is just missing

I'm saving up for the lands but these are the ones I'm stuck with for now
>>
>>48173997
Mana Rituals and Guides are probably your best bet. Other than that... mana rocks?
Regardless what you do I doubt you'll be able to pull it off by turn 3, consistent turn 4 kills seem fairly likely though, unless your opponent plays Leyline of Sanctity forcing you to dig out enchantment hate.
>>
>>48174123
That's what modern delver just feels like.
Play legacy delver instead. Its much better.
>>
>>48171724
I'd say just carry a ton of sideboard hate for enchantments and artifacts and try that.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/polytokens-2/

What do y'all think of my shitty tokens deck? Thinking of tossing in squadron hawk since I can grab all of them & still cheat in emrakul
>>
>>48163996
I think it could work on grixis control
>>
Reposting fishing for replies, just beat Elves and made the guy quit with T2 Chalice on 1 into T3 EE on 1 blowing up his Heritage and mana dorks and T4 Bridge
3 Trinket Mage

2 Engineered Explosives
2 Thopter Foundry
2 Sword of the Meek
2 Dimir Signet
3 Ensnaring Bridge
4 Talisman of Dominance
1 Chalice of the Void

4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
2 Tezzeret the Seeker

4 Thirst for Knowledge
3 Reshape
4 Remand

2 Academy Ruins
1 Steam Vents
4 Polluted Delta
5 Swamp
3 Watery Grave
2 Creeping Tar Pit
2 Sunken Ruins
5 Island

2 Batterskull
2 Torpor Orb
3 Damnation
2 Nihil Spellbomb
2 Aether Spellbomb
2 Pithing Needle
2 Dispel
>>
File: 1467998892073-486220045.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1467998892073-486220045.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Who wants to play spot the fake? Just got the fake off eBay from someone trying to scam. I have to admit I'm impressed with how close it is.
>>
>>48177895
Not bad on its own but v noticeable side-by-side
>>
>>48177895
It looks like the one on the right; the set symbol looks fucked up.
But your camera is so bad it could be that.
>>
File: 20160707_150131.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160707_150131.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>48177895
Right is fake? Hard to tell much from that lighting. I tried some tried chinamen fakes and got them in yesterday. Which is real?
>>
>>48178049
Left is fake but a good one
>>
>>48178049
Bottom/left, actually I wouldn't be surprised if both were, but the left/bottom definitely is.
>>
>>48178109
You are correct. The quality was pretty varied. I got 4 different cards to see how they'd be (guide, IoK, flats, and path). Flats and inquisition were the closest but all seem to have this slight darkening purple hue going on. Guide is very dark in comparison
>>
File: 2535.png (202 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
2535.png
202 KB, 265x370
>>48173694
Thanks to pic related I think some sort of ultra aggressive UR Burn/Delver hybrid will be the way to go for Izzet.
>>
>>48178476
3/4 and no haste. It's shit
>>
>>48178049
I got the same Marsh Flats.
The purpleish black is what gives it away, but most of the time if you double sleeve it theres very little chance someone will realize its a fake. Unless the fake Marsh Flats is right next to a real one no one will notice it.
>>
>>48178524
Have you tried any other fetches? I don't think on an FNM level anyone will be inspecting lands. I can't believe how expensive Arid Mesa and other expensive fetches are.
>>
>>48178502
It's a great top-deck in izzet burn
>>
>>48178476
this is the only card i am excited for
>>
>>48178049
Chinaman is good enough that if you double sleeve nothing goes wrong right? Thinkin bout getting myself into modern and legacy using the fakes.
>>
What about,

Instant (17)
2x Izzet Charm
4x Lightning Bolt
2x Magma Jet
2x Mana Leak
3x Remand
4x Thought Scour
Creature (16)
3x Delver of Secrets Flip
2x Monastery Swiftspear
3x Snapcaster Mage
4x Thing in the Ice Flip
4x Young Pyromancer
Sorcery (7)
3x Gitaxian Probe
4x Serum Visions
Land (20)
4x Island
4x Mountain
4x Shivan Reef
4x Steam Vents
4x Sulfur Falls

or even getting rid of the counter spells, for more burn
>>
File: grimflayer.jpg (606 KB, 744x1040) Image search: [Google]
grimflayer.jpg
606 KB, 744x1040
>>48178646
Eldritch Evolution & Bad-Goyf look cool
>>
>>48178664
One would think. I own a playset of real Marsh Flats so I have no experience bringing fakes to any event.
>>
>>48178643
Not when I run maindeck relic
>izzet burn
Lol yea and gitrog is good in my modern frog tribal
>>
>>48124028
I got my friend into playing magic and he built an expensive splinter twin deck and now I found out splinter twin is banned.

What is the best/cheapest way to build a competitive deck from the left over pieces of a splinter twin deck?
>>
>>48179000
You and your friend seem to be retarded. Burn might be for you
>>
>>48179000
Depends on the shell he built; what lands does he have?
>>
>>48178989
I get it. It might see play in burn but doubt it will show up in any top8s
>>
>>48179000
Twin had tons of staples in it, tell him to build Grixis Midrange or UWR Nahiri.
>>
>>48179022

Don't remember, have to check some time. Neither of us have played for a year.

4x Scalding Tarn
4X Steam Vents
?X Sulfur Falls

>>48179157
Thank you, I will look that up. I looked at jessika control.
>>
>>48178682
I would lower the curve by using cheaper burn and counterspells and I wouldn't run Pyro and TiTi together.
Instant (16)
2x Burst Lightning
4x Lightning Bolt
2x Spell Snare
2x Spell Pierce
3x Mana Leak
3x Thought Scour
Creature (15)
4x Delver of Secrets Flip
4x Monastery Swiftspear
3x Snapcaster Mage
4x Thing in the Ice
Sorcery (10)
4x Gitaxian Probe
4x Serum Visions
2x Forked Bolt

Land (19)
4x Island
3x Mountain
4x Shivan Reef
4x Steam Vents
4x Sulfur Falls
>>
>>48179276
Are delver builds still competitive?

I never see them on lists any more.
>>
>>48179472
I'm having fun with my rug delver list. They're pretty hard to pilot so most people just choose unga bunga shit like jund or burn
>>
>>48179472
For FNM, yeah. The deck isn't consistently powerful enough for a large tournament, though.
>>
>>48179512
>grixis delver just came in first
>temur delver putting up results in top 8s fairly often

???
>>
>>48179558
I meant UR Delver, like the list that was posted.
>>
>>48179000
Jeskai Nahiri if you want to win
Grixis Control If you like challenges
Miracles if you want to have fun
>>
>>48179276

ive been play testing this deck all morning and young pyro seems fine with TITI
my deck list looks like this

>Creature (17)
4x Delver of Secrets
2x Monastery Swiftspear
4x Snapcaster Mage
1x Stormchaser Mage
3x Thing in the Ice Flip
3x Young Pyromancer
>Land (18)
3x Island
3x Mountain
4x Shivan Reef
4x Steam Vents
4x Sulfur Falls
>Sorcery (13)
1x Faithless Looting
4x Gitaxian Probe
4x Serum Visions
4x Sleight of Hand
>Instant (12)
4x Izzet Charm
4x Lightning Bolt
2x Magma Jet
2x Shard Volley
>>
>>48180293
Serum Visions is the only card that will help you flip delver, why all the cantrips when you can be running double strike? It's very creature heavy; you might be better off with mut-growth, assault strobe, temur battle rage
>>
>>48180526
I take that back, Magma Jet is cool here for delver. As for slots, Sleight of Hand would be much better as a combat trick imo, and Shard Volley could be replaced with Magma Spray or Pillar of Flame for matchups where exile matters (better than Shard Volley in main)
>>
>>48178664
>people doing what i wanted to do years ago and stopped playing because of
>>
>Sigarda's Blessing
>W
>Enchantment
>You may cast Aura and Equipment spells as though they had flash.
>Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach it to target creature you control.
Think we can make a deck around this?
I think we can
>>
>>48181581
No. It's bad.
>>
>>48181612
>flash in lightning greaves in response to your opponent's bolt
>Opponent has to throw another removal spell at it to kill your creature.
>you get to keep your greaves regardless
Seems pretty good to me.
It allows for dank as fuck combat tricks with swords of X and Y

>flash blocking with Batterskull
I've got a boner
>>
>>48181581
Sure. I imagine you'd want it either in UWR or UWG. I'd use Invisible Stalker, Noble Hierach and Geist along with a bunch of Swords of x&y. Not sure what else I'd fill it out with; I wonder if you could do it with just W or WR.
>>
>>48181680
The chance of being able to do that isn't worth the cost of having a useless card in your deck.
>>
>>48181693
UW seems pretty good. Play Puresteel Paladin and Etherium Sculptor to get LOADS of VALUE out off all the SWORDS you will be playing.

>unplayable jank like kite shield is now playable as a combat trick
Unf
>>
>>48181581
>>48181774
My first thought was a combo deck with Illusionists Bracers alongside some creature that can tap to untap a target but the only creature that does that in Modern is Tidewater Minion and it costs 3UU. I think flashing in Illusionist's Bracers has merits though, just need to find them
>>
>>48181774
Puresteel would be better I think. I'd try to play it like hexproof but with equipment instead of Auras.
>>
>>48181893
Fatestitcher?
Korea's follower?
>>
>>48182030
Both untap "another target permanent/creature"
>>
>>48181581
>t1 hierarch
>t2 this
>tap down hierarch while blocking to flash in some bullshit equipment
I like it
>>
>>48182195
Kill your hierarch
You now have an equipment and you have to pay to put it on something
>>
Alright guys, hear me out.
Esper Thopter Sword with this and Puresteel,
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.