[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: bestgeneral2.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
bestgeneral2.png
1 MB, 1024x768
"Orks are a strong codex, I win with them all the time" - edition

> Codexes
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
File: 40kgeneralbingo.png (196 KB, 1200x1400) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneralbingo.png
196 KB, 1200x1400
Let's start this thread off with some bingo!
>>
>>48015509
Is johnny on there?

Or just a "shit memes" thing?

Or "complaining about shit memes?"
>>
>>48015509
waiter, this pasta is stale. we need new tiles.

>i'm a casual player
>i like home brewing
>i want ward back
>>
I really dislike Space 0din.
>>
>>48015612
y tho
>>
>>48015509
>not even making a new version
I see bingo has become a meme, and you still don't know how to play.
>>
>>48015646
> Bingo a meme
It was a meme a long time ago, and got posted in every general ever. A few people maintained it, but now I'm the only one that ever posts and maintains it these days, since nobody else bothers to put it up on new threads when I'm not around.

>>48015603
Johnny used to be on there, but he got removed because he's not a /40kgen/ meme. He's on the /wip/ bingo board though.

>>48015611
I just updated it last week, I can assure you that these memes are quite fresh. Why, people are still posting at least 90% of them.
>>
>>48015612
he's probably a space ice giant

>>48015694
...i just realized you were remaking them each week and i just assumed it was the same ones.
>>
>>48015624
He's incredibly hostile about his fan-codex and there are loads of things I dislike about his fandex.
>>
File: 1373752497823.jpg (185 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1373752497823.jpg
185 KB, 510x546
>>48015694
>forcing a meme
>forcing a meme that died
>not updating it since last week anyway
>>
>>48015723
Yea, every now and then I'll come up on a general and specifically state which tiles out too outdated. My criteria is that a tile needs to receive a mention a minimum of once every 3 generals. It can be a little more than that usually, but as a rule of thumb you need to at least still see the contents of the bingo in the threads on a regular basis.

It's also supposed to get people talking more about things. Like Busty Rough Riders. Every time I post bingo, someone inevitably asks what the fuck Busty Rough Riders is. Discussion!

>>48015509
By the way, I need suggestions for replacements for the following tiles:
> "Thin Your Paints"
WIP meme, leftover from when WIP bingo got transfered over to /40kgen/
> One Toe in Cover grants a cover save
Faggotry yes, but I haven't seen it mentioned in over 2 months. Nobody seems to give a shit anymore.
> "Ad mech"
>>
>>48015806
>replacement tiles

hmmm.

perhaps an opposite for the "optimized list" one. i.e., garbage formatting, not understanding the rules, etc. Or someone getting confused about formations, detachments and decurions, that's pretty common.
>>
>>48015806
I honestly can't think of any recent memes, it's just been general shitposting.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 2207x4304) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 2207x4304
>>48015806
Man, we need some good art of busty. I've seen some nice Felinid pics though.
>>
>>48015624
He doesn't take people having less than glowing opinions about his stuff to well.

He namefags way to often. Yes, there are times when it's legitimate, but there are plenty of people who've made fandexes and don't namefag all the time. Which indicates that he is somewhat of an attention whore, hence why he's so hostile to criticism. People don't like his dex, then people will start to dislike him, and someone after attention and recongition doesn't like that.

And he quite litteraly shills. It seems like every single time someone's considering playing orks, talking about the state of orks, or just mentioning orks, he's there telling everyone to use his fandex. I get why he does it, but it's still shilling. Which get's old. There's a time and place for recommending a fandex. He doesn't seem to understand when those times and places are.
>>
Got some questions about Mek Gunz.

- If you put a Mek Gun behind its grots and then an aegis line in front of the grots and you can't see them, does that mean only the gun is hit and you can't do some sort of Look out, Sir ?

- In this situation, the grot firing the gun can't see shit, ergo the gun doesn't fire, correct? So at least one grot needs to be mounted on an elevated platform on the gun itself to have some form of line of sight.
>>
>>48015806
Might be too close to the Orks aren't underpowered one but maybe some shit about "tiers don't exist, just bring whatever you want and have fun :^)" that has been floating around as a counterculture to the bitching about WAAC and OP codices.
>>
File: 40kgeneralbingo.png (218 KB, 1200x1400) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneralbingo.png
218 KB, 1200x1400
>>48015853
>>48015850
Most of it was already shitposting anyway, that just reflects the current nature of the board.

>>48015758
Thanks for the cleanest version of that Image I've seen to this date.

>>48015896
> Saying space 0din anonymously shills his own dex.
Is it impossible to consider that people actually legitimately like his fandex more than the GW codex, and want other people to experience the fun of orks that can actually put up a fight?
>>
>>48015925
>Is it impossible to consider that people actually legitimately like his fandex more than the GW codex, and want other people to experience the fun of orks that can actually put up a fight?
Anon, I wasn't even talking about anons suggesting it. I was talking about him and him alone.
>>
>>48015925
I fucking hate the meltabomb nerf, so to cheese those gw shits i glue the doors of my droppods shut for my space marines allys while my riptides pour forward and wreck shit. They arent overpower though, could use a buff.
I also want to fuck a felinid
>>
File: 1403194483786.jpg (113 KB, 950x1200) Image search: [Google]
1403194483786.jpg
113 KB, 950x1200
>>48015885
You could try requesting BUSTY on the art threads.

I get my first paycheck this thursday, expect new BUSTY soon.

>>48015960
Everyone wants to fuck a felinid. You're not the only one.
>>
>>48015904
You can Look out sir shots to models that aren't in line of sight, but that only applies to characters. In this case, only the gun would be able to have wounds allocated to it.

Both the gun and the crewmember firing it need line of sight to the target, unless firing indirectly.
>>
>>48015925
Needs something about retards not understanding detachments/list-building.
>>
>>48015694
Perhaps you havent noticed, but /40kg/ has degenerated into shitposting general. Hardly anyone even bothers posting images anymore. Just a handful of retards venting their frustrations and calling each other faggot.
>>
chaos daemon player musing on how to improve my friends shitty chaos marines.
>theme them to be based around their leaders
>give all characters with the champion of chaos special rule +1 wound for free, keep the mandatory upgrade + tax as compensation
>marks are now a much cheaper upgrade for the squad leader that provide a unit wide buff, if the character dies the squad loses the mak so a good excus to make them much cheaper than they're worth.
>exempt certain, low level squads from the champions of chaos rule, they just have a 1W leader for free
>cultist squads now lead by a single, character marine to seem the theme of chaos MARINES and avoid CSM army with one marine syndrome
>marked charcters cant join a squad with a mark of an opposing god, unmarked can join and benefit from any
>>
>>48016013
So using an aegis line to give the grot crew extra cover would work against them, as the T7 bubblewrapping would be self-countered and it would fuck you up.

Unless of course you scratchbuild a lower aegis line. That is possible yes? But would that be considered gaming for advantage?
>>
How does the rule that a model must shoot all of its weapons at the same unit effect template weapons? Like a furioso with a heavy flamer and frag cannon has 3 shots, does that mean all shots are done with only positioning the template once?
>>
>>48016123
You do each template one at a time, adding up all the hits, then proceed to wounds.
>>
>>48015976
>>48015960
>I also want to fuck a felinid
No, I don't think you do.
https://youtu.be/iUuvHPr4BGk
>>
>>48016123
Templates have to be placed such that they hit as much of the target unit as possible. Vehicles measure from the weapons. So minimum would be two template placements; one for the Flamer, one for the Frag Cannon. So long as you hit as many/much of the target unit as possible, you could place the two Frag Cannon shots differently so as to score additional hits against other units.
>>
>>48016062
Yea, I have noticed. Nowadays the bingo is just there to let people check off all the shitposts they've seen in a day.
>>
>>48016123
>>48016170 has it correct, and >>48016161 is close to the mark, but here's an important distinction. Don't do what the latter said as such, because when you shoot you pick one WEAPON and shoot it, resolve wounds and saves, and only then do you proceed to the unit's next weapon to shoot.

This matters more than it usually does for blast weapons because you can kill a bunch of models and suddenly be scoring far fewer hits with the next weapon down the line. Plan accordingly.
>>
>>48016183
Might the problem be lack of chances to play a game? I haven't even seen a 40k game in real life in the past year or so.
>>
>>48015725
Nah, you're just a shit. If you don't like the dex make your own.
>>
>>48016195
Template weapons are indicated by having the word ‘Template’ for their range instead of a
number. Instead of rolling To Hit, simply place the template so that its narrow end is
touching the base of the firing model and the rest of the template covers as many models
in the target unit as possible, without touching any other friendly models (including other
models from the firing model’s unit). Any models fully or partially under the template are
hit. Against vehicles, the template must be placed to cover as much of the vehicle as
possible without touching a friendly model. The position of the firer is used to determine
which armour facing is hit. A template weapon never hits the model firing it.
Template weapons have the Ignores Cover, Wall of Death and No Escape special rules.
Wounds inflicted by template weapons are allocated following the normal rules. Template
weapons cannot fire Snap Shots.
Multiple Templates
If a unit is firing more than one shot with the Template type, resolve each shot, one at a
time, as described above, determining and recording how many hits are scored by each
template. Once the number of hits from all templates has been determined, roll To
Wound as normal.
Wall of
>>
>>48016228
I am aware of how you can stack flamer hits, yes, but anon was talking about his Furioso which also has a different template weapon. You would shoot the flamer before the frag cannon, or vice versa, and if the former weapon kills some dudes then the latter will determine its hits with that taken into account. They don't fire simultaneously.
>>
>>48016198
You're right on the mark when you say it's just frustrations. For the past year I went to the FLGS to relax and play 40k with my friends, only to find endless frustration and bullshit.

Space 0din's dex gaining popularity really helped, since orkbro finally had a chance of actually doing shit and not getting tabled by everything. Games workshop seems to be doing everything in their power to make things more frustrating for me and my friends.

Most people who really want to have fun are now playing games on their own, in their own houses, and not allowing strangers to play 40k. Now you don't get to play 40k with all of the non-shitheads, because it's no longer worth it for the decent people to let any new guys play any 40k with them.
>>
>>48015925
>experience the fun of orks that can actually put up a fight?
You see I hate this kind of attitude.

Orks can already put up a fight, they can build some really stong lists in a casual setting, if your opponent is tabling you easily just ask him to tone down his list.
What you shouldn't do is escalate the game with I5, rending nobz because it forces the other player to escalate and fluffy armies are left behind in favour of the riptide filled, tyrant spamming dystopia many anons complain about.
>>
>>48016096
>how to improve my friends shitty chaos marines.

Just give him this.
>>
>>48016279
>really stong lists in a casual setting
That's an oxymoron and you know it. If you have to tone down your army in order to not table your opponent's army when your opponent has built a comparatively strong list, then their codex is shit, or they're a truly awful player. The Ork codex is so bad that it's usually the former.
>>
>>48016208
Nah what?
What are you disagreeing with?
Are you saying that I don't dislike him really?
Maybe I have made my own to the Ork codex, how would you know?
>>
File: 20160617_195250.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160617_195250.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Pepole never post any games/pics on this bored. Just endless shit posting. I feel like no one actually plays. I play at least 2 game a week at my LGS. How many do you guys play?
>>
>>48016279
But anon? What if I play Eldar? What if I play Necrons? Space Marines? How about Tau? What if I want to play my army the way it was meant to be played? What about wanting to play Aspect Host, Battle Companies, Suit/fire warrior synergy, or unkillable skellybots?

My idea of a fun game is where I don't have to pretend I'm a downie. The Space 0din player doesn't have to spam Nobz and 'nauts to be awesome, I don't have to spam vindicators and go FULL GLADIUS. But I like the idea that if I wanted to have a slugfest, I can tell my orkbro to bring his best list while I bring mine, and they'll both have a fair chance.

I'm currently enjoying the amazing fun of 7 Dreadnoughts fighting Dread Mobs. Actual dread mobs that can kill dreadnoughts on the charge.
>>
>>48016364
*people
>>
File: HERESY.jpg (279 KB, 924x1050) Image search: [Google]
HERESY.jpg
279 KB, 924x1050
>>48015885
>>48015976
DELETE THIS
>>
>>48016228
So it'd be one template per template weapon. Thank you. I have this tendency to overthink things and it leads to misinterpreting the rules and making mistakes. After asking, I see how obvious the answer to my question was.
>>
>>48016364
i don't have a set group but i am getting comfortable at my local GW, hell my name is known but i can't remember most of their names. lets see it's mostly tau players, though some also play grey knights
>>
>>48015611
I want Ward back.
>>
File: chaplainsays.jpg (4 KB, 112x125) Image search: [Google]
chaplainsays.jpg
4 KB, 112x125
>>48016364
I try to get in at least one game a week with a group of friends. If I'm on /tg/ at the weekends I usually try to stir up conversation about games by telling /40kg/ how it went.
>>
>>48015976
As someone who has owned cats and dealt with hairballs and cat vomit...

I don't want to fuck a cat girl.
>>
>>48016296
>REEEEE REEEE REEEE FANDEX SHILL
>>
>>48016367
Orks can beat all that, Orks are much stronger than people give them credit for and they're certainly powerful enough to take on battle companies and aspect hosts where I play.

A deff dread will lose in a fight to a dreadnought but they're much stronger than space marine dreadnoughts for a number of reasons, in the vanilla codex. Not everything should be an upwards power gradiant.

>>48016320
I'm just trying to say don't play in an environment where 75% of the units and wargear options in the game are too shit to consider.
>>
>>48016516
Orks never lose, they just come back for another go.
>>
File: 1462317298295.jpg (137 KB, 877x629) Image search: [Google]
1462317298295.jpg
137 KB, 877x629
>>48016516
Alright, fuck it. I'm going to ask you the same thing Space 0din asked you last thread. Post your ork lists that you used to defeat Battle Company and Aspect Host. You're running completely counter to everything we all know, and you have nothing to say for yourself as proof of what you're doing.

Post your lists, let others know how it's done. Otherwise you're just a delusional faggot.
>>
File: IMG_1377.jpg (4 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1377.jpg
4 MB, 4000x3000
>>48016364
every saturday. usually get in 2-4 games
>>
File: 1466140225261.png (192 KB, 547x516) Image search: [Google]
1466140225261.png
192 KB, 547x516
>>48016364
Now you've discovered the secret, anon. No one here even plays traditional games, except maybe you. The games are just a lens through which previously nebulous shitposters achieve laser-like focus.
>>
>>48016492
I mean, the dude is LITERALLY asking how to homebrew CSM to make them better .

This is a pretty decent attempt at that, and kind-of includes a lot of what he's already suggesting.
>>
>>48016567
Hey, that Iron Warrior is wearing Tartaros pattern terminator armor! Nice.
>>
How should I kit out an inquisitor?
Psyker seems like a given, as is terminator armor plus daemon hammer on a malleus, but whathe about xenos? Hereticus?
>>
File: 20160617_193623.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160617_193623.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Really want to get a narrative campaign going, where you build up your army game by game depending on how well you did last game/objectives captured etc. Anyone have good experiences with these? Did you use random unit generation? Tips?
>>
File: Brother Wai.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
Brother Wai.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>48016364
>go with my friend to FLGS some 40 minutes away hoping to have someone help us learn the rules
>7-8 nerds discussing various new armies crowding around the store
>start feeling anxious and too worried to ask anyone for help
>combined we spend $100 on paint and leave without ever playing a game
Feels bad man... We ended up playing at my friend's place, I wanted to use all of my Blood Angel units that came to around 680 points so my friend fielded a horde of CSM and Daemons. I mainly stayed back and picked him off as his nurgle daemons slowly lumbered forward before moving in with rapid fire and using my furioso to wreck half his shit. Was fun but.. we did it all wrong again.
>>
>>48016364

Zero, I'm still painting my army. I used to play in 4th ed though. I try not to shitpost too much, but I probably do ask too many newfag questions.
>>
>>48016567
not him, and I think he's an idiot, but aspect dar with two small, or one big, melee host backed up by a range host and some tanks is actually a decently fun list against orks.

I win unless I push the banshee numbers over 20, but fun.

But the list that doesn't win consistently is a super gimped one, and the other one is very much my weaker list.
>>
>>48016658
Double daemonblades leads to some crazy bonuses.

Poison xenoinquisitor is fun.
>>
>>48016691
Yeah I feel that. Local stores that have a tight community can be hard to crack into. Just gotta make some small talk and convince people to have a 1000pt battle or two and feel out the crowd. You can tell pretty quick if they are the kind of people you wanna play with. Also don't be shy, you guys in the store all like the same shit, just start chatting. My store everyone is super friendly and allows drinking after 9pm, so that helps people open up way more.
>>
>>48016672
I found my best experience at making narrative campaigns was using the rules for it in Horus Heresy 4, of which the minimum is using the Character Creation rules.

Yea, the Character Creation system is great. You make a character, give him all his wargear and shit. Increase his cost by 20 points. Then roll 3d6 on the warlord trait table of your choice, and pick the result from that.

I would recommend slowing down the advancement system though.. Like, only give 1.5 character advancement points per win, and 1 point per loss. Tie grants both people a point. It makes your characters more precious, since you really don't want them to die.

Mad props too for anyone interested in honourable combat. Like when two space marine players show up, and have a mutual gentlemen's agreement to not just ID each other's characters from a distance, and instead seek to have honourable duels for glory.
>>
>>48016296

>Actually has special rules for my 2 favorite warbands

Neat-o, thanks for posting this. Not the guy who asked, but I'm gonna see if I can convince my roommate to let me play this with a (90%+ proxy, lel) army to test out some Scourgin' and Purgin'.
>>
>>48016658
Psyker is universally useful but don't jump on termie armor and neglect the other choices. The main handicap of the Daemonhammer is that you strike at I1, which can be a death sentence versus anything nasty (and most Daemons you'd want to use it on...). I've had success with a Hellrifle Inquisitor and... I don't remember his other options, but aside from the Daemonblade (which is fun anyway) they're still worth looking at.

Hereticus Inquisitor's big draws are the Psyocculum and Null Rod, both fuck enemy Psykers but do so in different ways.

Xenos has the bullshit Wardex legacy items of Plasma Syphon and Rad Grenades at his disposal, the latter is VERY useful for an allied choppy unit if they weren't moving more than 6" a turn.

Malleus is probably the most well-rounded choice, with Xenos for support and Hereticus to kill Psykers.
>>
>>48016585
Did it died?

>>48016364
Honestly pretty rarely. My army is /wip/ and along with the classes I'm taking so my free time is spent working with minis or other shit if I get tired
>>
>>48016797
If you do, let me know how it goes and post it next time I post the codex up here. I haven't played the Scourged yet, and I've no idea how balanced they might be.
>>
>>48016567
I don't think he ever asked for my list but has called me a bunch of names.

Ork horde formation
Warboss on a bike, thinking kap
Weird boy
Warboss in mega armour
10 'ard boyz, nob with big choppa
15 shoota boyz, big shoota and nob with big choppa
grots
tank bustas, they go in the battlewagon I mention later
3 meganobz with dedicated trukk
7 bikers, nob with big choppa
dakka jet
3 kustom mega cannons, 10 grots total with an attached mek for leadership boost
deff dread, 3 klaws one scorcha

That's all I can remember off by heart. It's beaten elder, space marines of all flavous from drop pod spam to thunder wolf/wulfen rush, knight armies, grey knights, tyranids, dark elder, chaos marines, daemons of chaos and guard before.
I admit I have never fought tau before though.
>>
File: IMG_1382.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1382.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>48016826
no

no he didn't. damn thing ate all my shooting

whoever invented 2+ re-rollable should be hanged
>>
>>48016784
Thanks bro. Sounds good. Yeah really want to experiment with a few campaigns simultaneously and keep going with the one I like most. I'll check that out.
>>
>>48016871
>Exterminator
>Banded camoflage
Muh.
>>
>>48016855
What are your general tactics? Basically, what goes where?
>>
>>48016871
Nice parking job
>>
>>48016831

Will (try to) do m8.
>>
>>48016783
Well my friend got one of them to talk to him about paints and they had a long conversation but before I could jump him and ask him if he'd supervise a game, he went back in to the crowd and I didn't want to try pulling him away to watch two newbs fail at playing. We only just tried using Warlord traits for our last game and we intended to use my friend's Herald of Nurgle as a psyker but for some reason there wasn't a W40K general up so I couldnt find a daemon codex to look up what he could roll for. Maybe next time I guess.
>>
File: IMG_1185.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1185.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>48016900
thanks man. I love this army. armored battlegroup truly is the list for me

>>48016907
you haven't witnessed my true power yet
>>
>>48015983

It's $30 per $100 you moron. Pound dropping from $1.60/$1.50 to $1.30/$1.20.
>>
>>48016966
Is that plasticard schurzen(?)?

Muh.
>>
>>48016966
Made me chuckle. Tank you very much :^)
>>
>>48016855
I don't believe you, mainly because I've eaten this list.
It would be tough against the lower tier version of my list, but if I don't gimp, it's going mostly half gone and immobile turn 2, then I win on points unless you dive hard enough I table that.

I'd be bringing my one unit of scatbikes to do that, but your opponents are either bad or running down tuned lists.
>>
>>48016945
nurgle heralds can roll biomancy, nurgle, and malefic. same as the GUO
>>
>>48016691
I don't even have a single friend
I wish I knew someone who could do the speaking for me
>>
>>48016966

kek
Also
>fire main gun
>directly into wall 0.5" from face
>>
>>48016983
>>48016966
Just noticed that. Pretty cool.
>>
File: IMG_1131.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1131.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>48016983
plasticard with little steel cutouts from my dad's sign shop, yea. the tank is also fully magnetized

>>48016991
'tread' lightly friend, we tankers are a spurious and eldritch people
>>
>>48016996
>>48016855
Literally both just chatting shit. You both are probably lying, and no one will ever know.
>>
>>48016879
Alright, here's a few examples by the way, as these are ones I've made.

"Captain Galahad"
> Artificier Armour
> Thunder Hammer
> Power Maul
> Digital Weapons
> "Angel of Death" warlord Trait.

For his advancements, he ended up with more toughness and weapon skill, as well as the Heroic Sacrifice advance(Extra wounds from killing him are NOT carried over to the squad, they are instead lost permanently).

Galahad ended up being fluffed as a completely Selfless commander, who leads from the front of his army(I always put him in the front of his squad, so he could take wounds for them), and sought honourable combat. His power maul is for when he wishes to fight someone honourably.

"Captain Valentine"
> Aiolos Missiles
> Armoured Ceramite
> "War on Murder"
> Warlord Trait: Master of Fate

For his traits, I rolled twice on the command table, and once on the Melee advance(kek, Ranged-only dreadnought rolling on the melee table). He got Flank March, Ever Onwards, and Preturnatural Reactions.

So Captain Valentine is my "character" deredeo. A crazy bastard who doesn't mind getting close to his enemy and firing his cannons at them up close and personal. His traits let him make the marines under his command move more easily and get up in people's faces, while he can potentially overwatch people at full ballistic skill... Which is great, because Valentine loves to get up in people's faces and break things.
>>
>>48016901
Warboss on bike goes with the bikes and aims to get in combat turn two, the bikes are meat shields.
Second warboss goes in the trukk with the meganobs and the weirdboy, depends on what powers he rolls but the ideal is shooting off a killbolt or power vomit before charging in to something/somethings that can't harm them. Try to keep them alive all game.
deff dread tries to be sneaky taking the slower path through the ruins, moving and running so it hopefully won't die.
tank bustas, jet and mek gunz go dakka dakka dakka.
Grots provide a cover save for as many boyz as possible, boyz swarm around all my other units giving them a cover save, messing up enemy deep strikes and making them hard to reach for a assault.

Easy access to strength 10 melee attacks is the armies key virtue, hide behind other characters if challenged and klaw them in the back.
>>
>>48017003
>not just walking up to people asking for a game

This is not pleasing to Khorne anon. Just introduce yourself with your stuff, make small talk and get to know your locals.
>>
>>48017001
Yeah he wanted to use Nurgle but I didn't download the daemon codex, his phone that had it on it got stolen, and the only one we could find was from... I dunno 5th edition or.. maybe it was from 30k. We wanted to have a quick game so we could hop in the pool before the sun went down so we just said "fuck it, no psyker". I'm vaguely trying to beat in to his head he needs to start learning the rules on his own cuz I'm swamped with my Blood Angels and the basic rules (that I still don't understand half the time) so.. bleh. We have the Movement, Psyker, and Shooting phase down but the assault phase is still a bit beyond us.
>>48017003
I can't remember how we started discussing it but one day he mentioned he had an old army and some skaven shit so I got drunk and was like "LOOK WHAT I ORDERED BUDDY, IT'S FUCKING GOING DOWN!" but sadly before we even got our new models, he had to move to a house 20 minutes away and only has the weekends off while I work the weekends. Been maybe a month or two since we started and have only managed to play 2 games.
>>
>>48016296
That would actually help CSM, GW should just print a CSM version of the marines angels of death supplement, some units reworked and it would fix most of it's problems.
>>
>>48017081
Love it. Can't wait to start mine next weeked. Can't be bothered to play this weekend cuz the 4th. Really want to make a badass character and have fun with it.
>>
Does open topped not reduce damage to passengers on exploding vehicles anymore?
>>
>>48017156
That's what that PDF is, to a degree.

Take a look at it, if you haven't. There's quite a bit of re-work, exclusive weapons only for CSM (S8 Plasma with the option to "overcharge" for an extra shot, but if you "overcharge" you can't take Armor Saves for Gets Hot! wounds, and pseudo-Volkite that's slightly weaker but has unlimited chain potential) and a heavy emphasis on Legion/Renegade Tactics and how they define your force.
>>
>>48017061
turn one waveserpent pops the truck, ignore meganobs for 2 turns as they stumble up. Bad luck I don't have any WS shooting left to go on KMC, but likely do.
Dark reapers wipe out half the bikes, or better. Scatbikes kill hit the KMCs.
Positions fire dragon WS to hit battlewagon turn 2.

Turn 2
DR finish off bikes. FD kill battlewagon. Scatbikes and WS finish KMC.
If lucky one of Scats, WS, or DR can start on dread before it can do things.

Most likely at some point in this Scorps get charge by something, then win if it's not the dread, and I wouldn't deploy where the dread can get there.
Spill out guardian/avengers, take down unit.

Dakka jet cost me have cheaper unit when it shows, then dies to reapers and scatter lasers. Hawks arrive, take out half a unit.

Lose a WS, FD, and one to two troop choices to charges and counter shooting.
Leave him with noting mobile by end of turn 4.

Best case for him he tries to chase my straglers for the rest of the game and I win on objectives because I'm so much more mobile.

There is a reason I don't take my good list against Orks anymore. I know how the game plays out.
>>
>>48016198
I think the /40kg/ reflects the playerbase. Flyers, 6th ed, Escalation, formations, and 7th ed. have caused an exodus of older players. A lot of what remains consists of hardcore fanboys, waacfags, Tau weebs, etc. People fitting into those demographics tend to be socially handicapped, which explains the overwhelming amount of shitposting.

And if you are a regular in these threads, you can spot the same few retards that are responsible for a lot of the shitposting. Theres a few really angry, really negative dipshits that showed up within the last 6 months or so, and at least one of them spams every general with mind numbing stupidity.

>the guy that loses his shit anytime someone posts an image from a phone
>the guy that goes batshit and ruins the rest of the thread if someone mentions ITC
>the Tau guy that cant let anon criticize Tau without starting a 100+ post spanning shitshow
>high-horse anon that insults everyone he disagrees with, and posts smug anime girl (though this guy isnt as bad as the others)

Those are the newcomers that come to mind. You can recognize their vernacular and favored insults. And none of them aside from high-horse anon has ever posted an image. Or content for that matter. Just prolific shitposters; if you spot any of them its best to ignore and move on. They have, and will ruin threads.
>>
>>48017336

Posting an image hardly correlates to quality content or posting. Many shitposts are based almost entirely on the supplied image.
>>
>>48016364
I play 40k 6 or 7 times a year. But I post content here often.
>>
>>48017314
Not the same guy as this anon

>>48016855
>>48017117
Turn 1, Valentine and two of his Contemptor bodyguards eat the battlewagon, thus stranding the tankbustaz.

Other dreadnoughts ignore your boyz, just use Assault cannons and plasma cannons to kill mek gun crew. Only need to kill 2 grots a gun to take a gun out of the picture..

Turn 2 has the Dakkajet get evaporated by the deredeo.. Who just eats AV10/11 air like fucking candy.

One of the dreadnoughts moves to receive a charge from your deff dread. I don't even need to ask, he's going to win, but uses his multi-melta to soften up the deff dread anyway.

And then Mop-up follows. By this time you're either tabled, or in the process of being tabled. There's only 2 key units in your list, and that's the Battlewagon and Bikerz. You don't have any redundancy at all, so a good opponent, even with a bad list, can just mop the floor with it by taking out those two key units.
>>
>>48017351
Wasnt trying to imply that.
>>
What's the second best chaos daemon army right now? Konre isn't really my style.
>>
>>48017431
Slaanesh rends foes for days, if you can get them there.
>>
>>48017336
Oh god please, don't summon *Notmentioningit*fag again. We don't need another 5 general long discussion about shills.

While not shitposters, there's also a few regulars on this board too that contribute to content at least. You can tell Raptors Anon is on the thread if CTRL-F discovers that "Valentine" get a minimum of 5 results. He's here every day to talk about his favorite Deredeo.

Bingofag also shows up every now and then to try and drum up discussion with his bingo. Even if it is just him cataloging all the shitposting on a scorecard.

And then there's Space 0din.
>>
What I really wanted to do with my friend after we had gotten our shit together was record our matches and then use some mild editing to voice over the combat and add dialog and story. I'm sure it's been done a million times but I think it'd be pretty fun and with our wacky personalities maybe we'd even get a few fans, maybe even get some people in to the hobby.
>>
I'm starting to feel like the optimal way to play orks is to put everything in trucks, run 2 feet in one turn, disembark and hope you don't get shot too much before you charge. As much as I love the Mad Max aesthetics of it all, I can't help but feel like this wouldn't be very fun. Seems like it would just be a hail marry that either works completely or doesn't at all with little interaction. Is there a way to build orks with more variety?
>>
>>48017480
Yeah but if you're against anything with any decent amount of daka you're immediately shut down.
>>
How strong would a Slaanesh CSM+Daemon allied force be?

>Sorcerer lord
>Noise marines+rhino x2
>Herald of Slaanesh
>Daemonettes
>Seekers
>Soulgrinder
>>
>>48017431
tzeentch, but nurgle has a formation for denying overwatch. daemons overall are pretty good, though my love of chariots betrays me
>>
>>48017546
Yeah, hence the "if you can get them there."
>>
>>48017535
Im starting to question the value of trukks. They explode so easily doing terrible damage to boys, then pinning as well...
>>
>>48017535

Trukks have always seemed like a liability to me.
>>
>>48017535
Blitz Brigade instead. If you go second you can disembark and charge right away.
>>
>>48017691
>>48017847
if you get turn 1 they give you an extra foot of movement and are worth it.
if you don't they do nothing and die.

Now what you can hope for is that they die without exploding, thus giving you cover or even LOS blocking.

but most armies can pop 3-5 trukks in a turn.
>>
File: Warhammer-World-Tank.jpg (5 MB, 4001x2250) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer-World-Tank.jpg
5 MB, 4001x2250
Is there any background material and/or rules for these tanks?

Also does anyone know how much they cost from Warhammer world?
>>
>>48017611
With the power of tits, rock and roll, and coke, nothing can stop you.
>>
>>48017535
Bikers with a boss and painboy is probably the best ork list, but it plays a lot like the truck list you mentioned. Just with less exploding trucks killing your boys and pinning checks making you kill more boys with mob rule.
>>
>>48018124
More like trying to find a new high after ripping babies' skin off using the old tooth and door trick doesn't do anything for you.
>>
>>48018191
oh yeah, add "metal" to the list.
>>
>>48017611
>slaanesh forgehost
>flayertroupe
>grand cavalcade
>noise marines
>sonic dreads
and
>seekerheraldstars

is more like it
>>
>>48015725
>>48015896
> People online are cunts, film at 11

What would you change about it? Can't say I'm a fan of old Mob Rule, myself.
>>
>>48018314
Can't say I'm a fan of illiterate morons in these thread, but here we are.
>>
>>48018296
>flayertroupe
This isn't a thing right?
>>
>>48016855
Negative, son. I've just asked for your list. If anyone's gone full ad hom, it wasn't me.

Honestly, I want to hear what makes the codex bad, if it is. Rending Nobz could certainly be problematic, so I'm thinking about changing Big Choppas to just have the Choppa Rule & 'Uge Choppas to be something different/new; I've also considered changing Mob Rule to d3 S3 hits, & changing Boss Poles to something else. It's tough to balance "strength in numbers" mentality & a willingness to hit your mates. Offer specifics, please.

I guess shilling is a fair charge but for the fact that I made this for free. I wish someone had told me that GW was going to shit so hard on Orks when I was new & I might have started a different army. Lots of old/experienced players mirror that frustration & I'd rather see people having fun than an eBay fire sale, like happened after the Waaagh! Ghazghkull re-release. I want to save people from the disappointment I experienced.
>>
>>48018137
A warbiker mob or just a nob squad upgraded to be on warbikes?
>>
Here's an idea for a semi-fluffy KDK list I've been kicking around. Kharn and the Skullsworn

Primary Detachment: Blood Host

Slaughtercult
HQ
>Skulltaker-100 pts

Troops
>Zerksx9: Rhino, Melta bombs-221 pts
>Zerksx10: Rhino, Melta bombs-240 pts
>Chaos Space Marinesx10: Rhino, Icon of Wrath, Melta Gun, Heavy Bolter, Melta Bombs. 9x CCW- 258 pts
>Chaos Space Marines x10: Same setup- 258 pts
>Bloodletters x10- 100 pts

Elites
>Possessed x5: Rhino-185 pts

War Engine
>Maulerfiend- 130 pts

War Engine
>Helbrute: Two Power fists, one with heavy Flamer the other with a Combi-Bolter-120 pts

Kharn goes with the 9xZerks in the Rhino. Skulltaked and his retinue of Bloodletters go behind the Cultists and Maulerfiend.

This list comes out to 1841 points, should I use those to give some shit to my cultists or something?

Allied Detachment: CSM

HQ
>Kharn-160 pts

Troops
>Cultists x10-50 pts
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-28+at+11.15.36).png (60 KB, 645x866) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-28+at+11.15.36).png
60 KB, 645x866
Reposting homebrew stuff needing critique from last thread:

So I've been planning for a while to use an imperial knight as a centerpiece for my grey knights army, inspired by a few images floating around of IKs done in GK colors and heraldry.

I'm doing a ton of conversion work on it, from new GK helmet style faceplate to also adding some new weapon arms based on some of the classic grey knight weapons.

fluff justification TL;DR version is this is supposed to represent a knight house bound to the service of the Grey Knights and Inquisition, recruiting from those with strong enough wills to become a grey knight, but who did not have enough physical strength or some other reason that they would not have survived gene-seed implantation, so they are taken and trained into scions instead.

thoughts and feedback welcome, points values for all but the greatglaive and rampart shield have been reverse engineered from forge world and GW knight frames
>>
File: 1.jpg (27 KB, 470x320) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27 KB, 470x320
Super new to the game and I saw that Skitarii are getting Forge World upgrades soon. What does that usually entail and do the models have new equipment available?
>>
File: 20160628_231309.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160628_231309.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Ahh yes, and here we find a tiny squad of Chaos Cultists in their natural habitat.
>>
File: 20160617_233348.jpg (192 KB, 1769x995) Image search: [Google]
20160617_233348.jpg
192 KB, 1769x995
>>48016585
>that Thunderer

My guardsman! I converted a Demolisher hull in the same vein.
>>
File: Montezuma_(Civ5).jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Montezuma_(Civ5).jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>48018049
>Aquilla-shaped radar dish
>>
>>48018844
>pile of dead
>2 cultists in the back talking about chaos
>>
>>48018750
New unit with new rules to slip into the existing army list.
Expect it to be in their latest IA book.
>>
File: egad.jpg (134 KB, 1009x689) Image search: [Google]
egad.jpg
134 KB, 1009x689
>Trying to finish my Space Marines before starting my Tau
>Finish basing and painting my entire army with just a few extras to go
>buy a Chaplain, Leviathan Dreadnought, Ironclad Dreadnought and Land Speeder Storm
Goddamnit I need to stop doing this shit
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 640x1136
>>48017481
Yeah I agree, there are more contributors than there are habitual shitposters. The shitposting just snowballs because too often anon gets sucked into it.
But yeah, there are still some good regulars in these threads, which I am thankful for.
>>
>>48018622
Base cost is a little too low while upgraded are pretty insane in either point value or power. My only rec would be making the personel teleporter onetime use to either deepstrike or relocate once per match.
>>
>>48018622
I would put on a small price tag for the aegis, pref enemy (daemons) and purity of spirit. Keep in mind that Knights are very good so taking additional special rules for free makes it seem like you are making a better knight rather than a fluffier knight. Some people don´t think Knights are very good so I suppose it depends on your meta. Just ask yourself if your army would be better or worse without it, try to find a points level where you think one would be good in half your games but not quite as good as your other options in the other half of your games.

I would even go so far as to say that it wouldn´t be outrageous to take 25 or 50 pts for it, that would be intentionally shooting yourself in the foot compared to taking an official knight, but that wouldn´t necessarily be bad.

I haven´t tried a Knight in a GK army though, if you are running a pure infantry and MC creature army like most people do then I guess the Knight is suboptimal from the start and you could just pay 5-15 pts for the small special rules.

A small note is that you might as well add the thunder gauntlet as a base weapon.
>>
>>48018750
Theyre getting IA 14, Mechanicum and Tau. Expect lots of cool stuff, IA books are incredible. A huge step up from GW books.
>>
File: cyraxus.jpg (262 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
cyraxus.jpg
262 KB, 1600x1200
>>48019441
I have a feeling for the Imperium IA14 is just going to be getting a bunch of 30k equipment and some new character stuff for the Red Scorpions.
The Tau are the ones getting the pretty new models
>>
I'm trying to find a use for my cultists. Is the helcult formation good or is the cult of slaughter better?
>>
>>48019473
I thought Mechanicum was getting stuff too. Maybe like the SoB or Grey Knights sections at the end of IA 2. If they get featured, some of the HH stuff is ridiculous and would be huge for SkitMech players.
>>
File: FEXlF.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
FEXlF.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>48019010
>>
I just started a crimson slaughter army and can't wait to get more possessed.Troop choice, and dat mutation table mmmm-uuuhhhh!!!
>>
File: IMG_1076.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1076.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>48018883
I gazed into your eyes and I knew you were my fellow guardsman

yea, i actually got two of the little casemate scuttlebugs, here's the other one. He's a little more dolled up, got himself a dozer blade and a stubber
>>
>>48019922
Where did you get that bit? I know it's off the Bane Blade, I own 2, but were they just left over after building a variant of the same hull, or did you get it from somewhere specific? I kinda want to build one.
>>
>>48019440
you missed that it has no weapons base, if you reverse engineer the knights points costs you'll find I used 25 points as the extra for aegis/purity/Psy1 (arrived at that value by comparing dreadnought frames and working out the difference, then bumping the value by about 45%)

the army that this would be running with is 100% terminators/paladins and a single dreadknight, all in one NSF. really the knight is both a large centerpiece for display, and a way to get some anti-vehicle into the list that isn't assault.

>>48019398
does it still seem to low if you account for the fact its base 340 is completely weaponless? even fielding it like a gallant it'd be 355 absolute minimum and gain only Psy1 with fixed powers.

the teleporter I don't think is as big of a problem as it looks at first glance, since shunting removes ability to assault, and even gaining the jump type does not really do much aside from allow it to care slightly less about terrain for movement, since its base move is 12" and jump only brings units up to 12" max movement, or reroll a single charge die. really the main point of the inclusion of the teleporter is for use with a nemesis strike force as a lord of war selection and use the rites of teleportation.
>>
File: 20160620_232940.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160620_232940.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>48019505
Bump for interest.

>>48019625
I feel you. Everyone says Possessed are some of the shitiest models in the Codex, but I have three boxes I'm building (one box done) because of how exciting the Crimson Slaughter supplement is for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 610x869) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 610x869
>>48020107
You know you wish 40k posessed were as good as 30k Gal Vorbak.
>>
>>48020107
>because of how exciting the Crimson Slaughter supplement is for me.

They really still need either a points reduction or an extra Wound. As of now, they're just really not a very reliable unit and pretty hard to justify the points costs.

When the stars align though, holy shit do they lay down the hammer
>>
File: IMG_1242.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1242.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>48020028
I bought the baneblade demolisher cannon off of a bits site, with the one I used specifically being Hoard 'O Bits. the other stuff, like the hatches and stubbers and spotlights I get from the Citadel Vehicle Accessories sprue, which you can buy separate direct from games workshop.
>>
>>48019505
One of my buddies often uses the helcult to very good effect. I'd recommend it for sure - a nice symbiotic relationship.
>>
>>48020151
Counts-as Taurox Prime?
>>
>>48020107
I currently have a list that runs both the helcult and the cult of slaughter.

I haven't had a chance to test it though. Personally I'm leaning toward the cult of slaughter being the better deal, what with respawning cultists, but deployed correctly the helcult can absorb a ton of fire before depositing the helbrute into close combat, so.. I'll know after saturday I guess.
>>
File: memes.jpg (566 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
566 KB, 960x720
>>48020180
nah, it's a little too small for that. I built this guy as a counts-as tauros venator (because the model is similar to it in size). I've included a pic of it next to one of my command vanquishers for scale (don't mind the memein')

I got another 1/48th scale Tamiya 7-ton Mk. IV scout car that I'll turn into a second one, and hopefully it'll turn out a little better
>>
>>48020196
One thing I know for certain is that the cult of slaughter benefits from marks more. specifically the mark of nurgle. Since that formation is focused on survivablility.
>>
>>48020088
Psychic levels are 25 pts, they don´t come with anything else. So 25+x, x being 0 is what I´m complaining about, I´m not going to play against you I´m just warning you what people might think when you get free stuff.
>>
By chance did anyone see the full 40k rules sheet for the new tribune praetor model that was floating around? Found some decent shots of the front of the sheet, but only parts of the back.I know its not legal, but wanted to see it anyway.
>>
>>48020088
>>48020318
I forgot to add that you also need to pay for Preferred Enemy (Daemons). Because when you meet a Daemon player he is going to get real pissed if you just take it for granted, I know my groups Daemon player isn´t too happy about GKs having it already. Putting it on your allies for free will leave a shit taste in your opponent´s mouth. Again I would recommend you don´t make it as good as normal knights exactly because it´s a fanmade upgrade of the normal Knight.

You could also ask yourself, why would I ever take a normal Knight when I can pay 25 pts for aegis + psy lvl 1 + pref enemy daemons when it is very well established that normal psykers pay 25 pts to upgrade from level 1 to 2?
>>
>>48020107
Wave of 50-100 cultists the cheese puff of csm, 2 - 3 rhinos full of possessed, strategically placed, cultists and possessed skip arm in arm all over front line havocs in back with 2 land raiders one full of chosen other with terminators.Turn 2 then out of no where warp talons and heldrake. Lord Kranon is pleased
>>
>>48020424
relax a bit, your point is well made and I'll be increasing the base tax, no need to be quite so hostile about it.

most of what I've got so far is simply reverse engineered points values with an increase added, but in some cases that's not sufficient and needs additional tweaking, which is why I put it up.

friend also pointed out a few other issues with selections wording that I'm ironing out before I post the revised version.
>>
>>48017431
Are you implying khorn is the best? He's not, he's not bad but he's ways from being the best.
>>
File: Command01.png (3 MB, 1600x1131) Image search: [Google]
Command01.png
3 MB, 1600x1131
>>48018049
Their rules are in Skies of Death.

And in case if I remember wrongly, here are also their rules
>>
>>48020645
>Skies of Death
asdsdaffdd. The space marine one. Angels of Death.

God I shouldnt post before coffee.
>>
>>48018622
Isn't it way more likely that the ordo malleus' enterprising inquisitors would just handpick some choice young noble of a knight house and his knight and swear him into his service, as the inquisition does with its stormtroopers? Being astartes, half astartes, or psychic seem like unnecessary complications.
>>
>>48018622
>hey, that's really cool that Renegade Knights actually have some advantage to make up for lacking formations and relics
>I better give that advantage to my super speshul grey knights psyker knight
>>
>>48020507
Sorry didn´t mean to offend, I spend too much time on 4chan.
>>
>>48018622
460pts for 2x Avngers with psybolts. Retardly good choice.

Back to drawing table.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-29+at+02.35.47).png (51 KB, 665x783) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-29+at+02.35.47).png
51 KB, 665x783
>>48020741
if you mean double weapons selection with your snarky as fuck post, that is an error that is being removed, the combined list simply saves about half a page of space.

increased base cost, changed weapons selection wording, reordered weapons listing to match the current GW format, added reaper chainsword (forgot it the first time round)
>>
>>48020819
Psycannon upgade should also be ~25pts instead of 15pts. Currently it would be no-brainer to take that.
>>
>>48020819
>2 Psycannons and a Psybolt Avenger
>Shootier than the shooty Knight and still gets the D
>>
>>48020862
You are starting to look at a very expensive model though, especially if you are going for anything but a barebones melee Knight. A psycannon is worth 15 pts on a GK devastator equivalent.
>>
>>48020913
please complain more about the knight styrix and magaera then, as they can replace the meltagun slot with a plasma fusil, get an irad cleanser in the siege claw, have the lighting gun/volkite, and still get the D, for less cost than what you are complaining about right now.
>>
>>48020819
>S8 AP3 Heavy 15
Fuck you.
>>
>>48018049
Rules are in the Mega link. I didn't think they were selling those kits anymore.
>>
>>48020966
>>48020913
>>48020741

you know, homebrew shit isn't the devil, especially when the person making the stuff is actively seeking discussion to try and improve it. this isn't "hey guys this is what I intend to field with no modifications" this is "here is some stuff I put together, can I get rational feedback and discussion to make it better / fairer / less likely to cause issues"

snarky sniping doesn't help at all besides drive away anyone trying to make something for fun from ever discussing shit on here again.
>>
>>48020966
while you're at it, at least get your shit right if you're going to greentext:
>Str 7 Ap 3 Heavy 12, rending
>>
>>48020819
Why does the reaper chainsword have a cost? It shouldn´t have when you compare costs to the official releases.

What is a greatclaive and an incinerator cannon?

The psybolt upgrade works very well with psycannons since it becomes a lot better at popping light-medium armour, it should probably be bumped to 15-20 pts.

>>48020928
Even though they are normally 15 pts it´s worth noting that´s on a non-relentless model and that psycannons aren´t exactly fair on Terminators and are usually an auto-include, meaning a small bump in all options including a psy-cannon of 5 maybe 10 pts to factor in the fact that the weapons can´t be lost and they are mounted on a fast platform, even if that platform is expensive.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 600x620
>>48020962
I don't think some of these folks know what those are.
>>
>>48020962
>>48021097
Those aren´t the regular Knights though. If you start comparing your homebrew to forgeworld´s even less balanced knights. The reason people don´t complain about them is because they don´t see play to the same degree that other Knights do.
>>
>>48020240
>car gun muzzles point up and down

I never got why people keep doing this.
>>
File: 20160430_152738.jpg (1 MB, 2125x1196) Image search: [Google]
20160430_152738.jpg
1 MB, 2125x1196
>>48016364
Shop has been dead so I havent played in almost a month

Im going to try to get a game in tomorrow though

Heres a pic from the last Apoc I was in
>>
File: KGweap.png (24 KB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
KGweap.png
24 KB, 640x356
>>48021092
it has a cost because I started by trying to figure out the base cost of a knight, and it works out to be exactly 315 if you pull apart all the other knight entries and do the math. the list is much easier to write in the "official" format by simply adding weapons to a model that doesn't start with any, instead of doing replacement.

greatglaive and incinerator cannon were listed in previous postings, but here is the weapons entries separated out, the warblade is something I'm still on the fence about, the greatglaive is pretty much an alternate take on the Lancer's shock lance

Psybolt upgrade does not affect psycannons, and never has. in all incarnations it has simply increased the strength of bolt weapons, autocannons and assault cannons by 1. in this case the avenger gatling cannon would be the only affected weapon.

psycannons are decent weapons, however after using them for a while you begin to appreciate the weakness of them more than just looking at the profile, namely that while they are decent strength, that strength is wasted a not insignificant amount of the time due to cover, armor, or other factors. I did however goof and use the PAGK cost for them instead of the terminator weapons entry as intended, so it got a 5pts bump from that to 20.
>>
>>48021023
There are so many options for knights out there, that are all strong. Why do we need another option that is better than the others, or at least op there with the strongest? If he would try to make a subpar model viable or had some serious conversion work done, instead of 'just' reskinning the model, it would be ok, but I wouldn't play that shit.
Also when homebrewing one should start from below the top powerlevel and not from above it. It just reeks of 'specul snowflaek'.
Just choose one of the oficial knights and play that one buddy.
>>
>>48018538
I wasn't the one who complained about shilling.

My problem with it are are long list of minor complaints like how silly it is that Orks get such huge initiative bonuses on the charge taking them up to I4/5/6 when canonically faster factions like space marines, with the sole exception of the captain, can only aspire to be I5.
Ignoring in codex sources of ap3 that you could give your nobs, such as burnas, in favour of power weapons.
It feels messy to have a million weapons that all try to accomplish the same thing.

All in all my complaint is that it feels like you're trying to play up to the worst lists in the game rather than a comfortable median.The changes aren't meant to be fluffy they're just powerful, I5 Orks shits all over melee dark eldar builds and invalidates their higher than average initiative.

I still think Orks need something added to their codex, I just don't think it needs to be quite so extreme.
>>
>>48021262
>>dat terrain
>>dem ladz
Very nice. Hope you can get stuck in again soon.
>>
>>48021293
I think you're missing the design intent a little.

I started writing this with the same philosophy as the rest of the current GK codex: base cost is ok, some of the options are ok. but put all the options together and you get something that is powerful, but also costs a huge amount for a what it does, and as a result is not as good as the sum of its parts. (think gk paladins and the problems they have)

the other reason for creating it is that I am doing some extremely heavy conversion work (including designing and printing entirely new parts in CAD to change the look and feel of it heavily) to integrate it into the army look and feel, and wanted to see if it was possible to make something that also was representative of that rules wise. end model will be very obviously more than just a reskin, and I'll be posting up some progress images here once the magnets and other bits get in.
>>
Im looking to try and run an all tank army for Space Marines and am looking for advice.

My ideas so far is DA with FW command tanks, beliel & a single sqd of Deathwing Knights.

2 tact sqds in razorbacks with autocannons

Then tanks for days. What im not sure about however is what tanks to include. The relic tanks look cool and ill be most likely including a techmarine or two anyway so what are peoples thought on plasma predators, sicarian and scorpius whirlwinds?

Also /tg/ if you were going as close to all tank as you could get as Space Marines, how would you do it?
>>
>>48021399
run the anvil strike force from angels of death supplement. it's entirely designed to be run as an all-armor force
>>
File: IMAG1892.jpg (4 MB, 5376x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1892.jpg
4 MB, 5376x3024
So i play Admech and i am pretty new, how can i escape the rape which is blobs, even with my superior firepower i cant do shit against blobs or guardsmen, also i cant get my troops to the victory points because they are so fucking slow and get killed not even halfway across the board.(and dont say play something better, i still really wanna play Admech)
>>
>>48021384
You seem to have the best intentions so go through with it, you'll have to convice your playgroup and not me anyway. I still think it's pointless to hombrew rules for a reskin, no matter how well it's done and how much work is put into it.
>>
>>48020424
>I know my groups Daemon player isn´t too happy about GKs having it already.
Huh.

Personally, I'm a daemon player and I think they need preferred enemy just to keep with me in melee. My blood thirster would shit all over your knight but I guess some players could have problems.
The only thing I'm salty about is the psilencers from the time they ID 700 points worth of greater daemons + daemon princes turn 1.
>>
>>48019010
Aquila shaped radar dishes are the purest radar dishes.

>>48020645
Cheers broheeb.

>>48021003
According to the Warhammer World page it's still available.
http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/whats-the-warhammer-world-experience/the-warhammer-world-store/
>>
>>48021454
I've got a few test games lined up already, my main reason for even bringing it here is because extra eyes don't usually hurt (already helped catch a few things) and because there might be others who wish to use it, also because if I ever travel it would be nice to have a ruleset that *should* be readily acceptable by most reasonable players.

I'll be making the CAD models used along with a pdf copy of the sheet available as well once I'm done and happy with it.
>>
>>48021446
Shove a huge number of flamers or template weapons into your army for blob duty. I don't play nor have played admech, so I don't know specific options. Do they not have a transport vehicle or deep striking/infiltrating units? Using a few of those would probably help.
>>
>>48021399
++Anvil Strike Force
+Armoured Task Force
Techmarine- Bike- 85
Vindicator Squadron- 3 Vindicators, 3 Storm Bolters- 375
Vindicator Squadron- 3 Vindicators, 3 Storm Bolters- 375
Whirlwind Squadron- 3 Whirlwinds- 195
Predator- Lascannon Sponsons- 115
Predator- Lascannon Sponsons- 115
+Anti-Air Defence Force
Hunter- 70
Stalker Squadron- 2 Stalkers- 150

Total- 1480

Probably just throw Hunter-Killers on the Predators or the Stalkers with the remaining points.

I've got 8 AV13 tanks, 3 AV12, and 3 AV11. One Bike.
>>
>>48021490
The idea that Grey Knights and Daemons are supposed to be balanced armies, but that Grey Knights should also get a bunch of counters to Daemons is gay. Fifth edition playing Chaos against GK was fucking awful.
>>48021446
Skitarii Vanguard can throw a ton of wounds at T3 bodies. Pretty much all of your AdMech melee units can mulch guard.
>>
>>48021562
Would table you with WS Battle Company in two turns/5.
>>
>>48018844
>>48019093
Legitimate Kek.
>>
>>48021590
But at the same they depend on armour saves to protect their very small group of low toughness, W1 units when fighting ap2: the codex.
>>
>>48021554
They do have infiltration units, but no transports which is there biggest flaw
>>
>>48021594
That seems highly unlikely. That's a ton of Hull Points to chew through in two turns.
>>48021617
Sure, now the pendulum has swung the other way, but as long as GK and Daemons are supposed to be balanced against other armies, GK can't be full of anti-daemon shit.
>>
>>48021446
Your robot-mens are pretty, anon. That's a very pleasant purple.
>>
>>48021652
One grav cannon can destroy 1 vehicle each turn, meaning you would have to have just 7 grav cannons to destroy that entire army in 2 turns. This is fair and legal.
>>
File: 1453402873547.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1453402873547.png
39 KB, 321x322
>Want to buy some units for a small new army
>Can't decide between CSM with Daemon allies or Daemons with CSM allies

I like RNG but don't know if the Warp storm table is more entertaining or infuriating.
>>
>>48021734
which god do you serve? that'll help you decide real quick if you don't like finecrap
>>
>>48021446
Basic Admech or War Convocation. If convo, put on litany of the electromancer and shove your Infiltrators and Ruststalkers in the blob and watch the fireworks. Also, do you put all the VP's on the enemy side of the table if you can't reach them with M9 dudes. (Vanguards and Rangers want a nice building to hug and take potshots from but you can footslog them if need be, I just rarely do so.) Also, remember scout move from Battle Maniple.
>>
>>48021780
Fan of Nurgle and Slaanesh.

Thinking of grabbing the starter box for nurgle for value, but I hate the look of the GW nurgle Daemon prince so god damn much.

Khorne's a plan B god.
>>
File: IMAG1358.jpg (3 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1358.jpg
3 MB, 3024x5376
>>48021656
Thanks man, I dont here that too many elitist say it looks crap, fuck them
>>
>>48019306
It's a sign, anon. Don't fucking start Tau.
>>
>>48021734
Warp Storm is pretty awful unless you run the Incursion and/or Fateweaver.

That said, Daemons are the better choice, especially with CSM updates coming in a couple months.
>>
Is 40k still fucked? Is it safe to come back yet?

I've still got 4,000pts of useless Tyranids packed away somewhere.
>>
Does master-crafted do anything whatsoever on blast weapons? Twin-linked has a bit describing how it affects blasts, but there's nothing under MC.
>>
>>48021886
Depends on how many flyrants you have. Nids are in a bad spot 'dex wise.
>>
So how do you represent your Platoon Command Squads, /tg/?

I need ideas.
>>
>>48021985
A bloke with Pistol/Chainsword and 4 other blokes with flamers. Because fuck anything that tries to assault my blob of 30 blokes with lasguns.
>>
>>48016096
>cultist squads now lead by a single, character marine to seem the theme of chaos MARINES and avoid CSM army with one marine syndrome
Being able to upgrade a Cultist Champion to a Chaos Marine would be pretty cool.
>marked charcters cant join a squad with a mark of an opposing god, unmarked can join and benefit from any
Eh, it's fluffy, but so is the traitors gritting their teeth and waiting for an opening to stab each other in the back.
>>48018514
I don't recognize it, and Slaaneshi CSM are kinda my thing.
>>48018621
Dont dump points into Cultists unless you have a purpose in mind for them when you can funnel those points into getting more Possessed; those motherfuckers are expensive but terrifying in a KDK list with the sheer number of attacks a good-sized squad can pump out.
>>48019505
I like the Cult of Slaughter for the fluffiness of a Dark Apostle leading the pitiful mortals, and the convenience of reviving models. I don't have a Helbrute, but if I ever get any I'll probably field them as a Mayhem Pack for deepstriking dread equivalents. As tempting as the Helcult's bonuses can seem, remember to consider which of your units do and don't get ObSec.
>>48021399
>what are people's thoughts on relic tonks?
SICARANSICARANSICARANSICARANSICARAN
I love that fucking model
And I'm a sucker for Executioner tanks of all stripes too, though I don't remember what the Scorpius is or does.
If your playgroup is lenient you might even be able to take them in an Anvil Strike Force. I'm not terribly familiar with the vanilla Marines goodies, and this is the first I've heard of the Anvil.
>>
>>48021850
Color scheme is good. Could suffer a wash though.
>>
>>48021951
I did cave in and get one flyrant and 2 dakkafex but it feels so gay to play a non-fluffy tyranid army which shoots everything to death...

that and I was tired of fabulous special space marine chapters with magical rules annihilating my Heirodules on turn 2
>>
>>48021734
If you like random elements the warp storm is much more likely to help than hinder.
It depends if you're willing to laugh off the one time it fucked everything up.
>>
>>48022091
Me and my friends run hyper casual matches so it's probably just going to be laughs all around.
>>
>>48021941
It allows you to reroll one miss so it would be identical to twin-linked on a single shot weapon.
>>
>>48021652
One gravcannon does approx 1,3 results per firing and my army has 13 grav cannons. Thats 8 destroyed vehicles per turn. And you pretty much cant avoid the full salvo either since the whole army has Scout.
>>
>>48021850
Few simple washes could make those look absolutely awesome.
>>
I'm finally painting my Blitz Bridade battlewagons.

Red Paint Job or not?
>>
>>48022199
Depebds ln your general scheme.

You could always pant them whatever and then do red flames/lightning bolt decration
>>
What Tactical objective deck do you folks prefer for Orks? Vanilla, Supremacy, Ork or Ghazghkull's?
>>
>>48017887

FAQ disallowed this.

>>48018563

You want Warbiker mobs; they're way better than Nob Bikers. A big component of what makes Warbikers so good is their shooting; 3 Str 5 twin-linked shots from each one isn't to be sneezed at. For the price of two Nob Bikers (90) you get 5 Warbikers. That's 6 shots vs 15. Nob Warbikers also aren't noticeably more survivable, since you get more wounds for the same points in a Warbiker mob (2 vs 2.5).

Obviously you can kit out Nobs with more choppy bits but then you skyrocket into Deathstar points cost territory; a Nob with Warbike and Power Klaw is 70 points (fun fact: the same model in the Warbiker mob is 53 points. Go figure). Opponents know this and will shred them to pieces. You're better off running the Warbikers and just taking more of them.

Plus you can take Zhadsnark and make them troops, and the unit he joins will get a 2+ cover save when jinking thanks to Skilled Rider.

>>48017847

They're decent MANZ. Just point and hope. They don't really care when it does blow up.

I used to be a big fan of Tankbustas in a trukk (usually 7 or 8) with the free rokkit on the Trukk, but with the FAQ ruling Tankbustas are dogshit now so there's no point.
>>
>>48021808
You can always get the regular DP.

Death Guard and Nurgle Bikers are tough. They'd make a solid core for the primary detachment.
>>
>>48022165
>>48022032
Thats actually an old picture, i highlighted him and washed him, sadly dont have it here now or i would have posted a new picture
>>
>>48022288
I know PKs are very expensive on Bikernobs but do you have any experience with Big Choppa bikernobs?
>>
>>48016425
>hell my name is known but i can't remember most of their names

I'm really scared i'll end up like this because i'm shit with names, right now i only know 2 of the 12 or so players' names
>>
>>48020645
A 2+ repair from a fucking SERVO SKULL?
I call bullshit, as if the rest of that shit wasn't OP enough, you get a Tech Dom or a Techpriest with 3 servitors level repair roll.
A fucking massive blast orbital strike, just go ahead and fuck my ass sempai.
>>
>>48022443
It is a rhino and all that stuff is 1 use. Rhino dies easy so it will prolly only get 1 or 2 things off. Also 400 pts for a rhino and a landraider.
>>
>>48022443
Like said, its an one use, av11 vehicle and the entry costs 400+pts.
>>
>>48022485
That may be one use but that poor anon has only one ass.
>>
>>48022288
>FAQ disallowed this.
Where is this FAQ? I just recently started and I can't find it.
>>
>>48022443
Once per battle, anon.

The skull just flies in and lodges itself into the hole, then dispenses a bunch of purity seals like confetti to seal itself in real right. Why do you think Imperial shit has so much skulls and purity seals on them? It's basically duct tape and plaster. Cheaper too. Got a crack? Seal it. Got a hole? Cram a skull in it.
>>
>>48017611
Dunno about demons,
There is no such thing as a sorceror lord, you have to choose either.
Only a lord makes your noise marines troops.
Noise maines depend on what you equip them with. Would recommed 5 man with 1 bassblaster. Need no rhino want no rhino. Youcan use empty rhinos as LOS blocker though. Or attach combi melta and dirgecaster and be annoying with them.
>>
>>48021689
>One grav cannon can destroy 1 vehicle each turn
So, like I said, highly unlikely.
>>48022154
>One gravcannon does approx 1,3 results per firing
Go find your last math teacher and smack him in the head. It's 1.0 Immobilizations per Grav-Cannon, 1.4 if you have rerolls to hit.

It's cute that you think the entire enemy army has to deploy as far forwards as possible when the enemy has Scouts with 24" guns. Stop playing with shitters.
>>
File: LemanRussCommandTech05.jpg (90 KB, 920x950) Image search: [Google]
LemanRussCommandTech05.jpg
90 KB, 920x950
>>48021505
the command tank sprue has one, too
>>
File: 1454705792011.png (582 KB, 686x494) Image search: [Google]
1454705792011.png
582 KB, 686x494
Now that GW got rid of any actual knights brets and knightly orders.

Where do I get knight looking parts to kitbash into an SoB+Inquisitor armies or build an unusually knightly looking daemonkin army? Any none GW knight bits I can get?

At least I can still get big swords from the empire greatswords.
>>
>>48022556
Warhammer 40.000 facebook
>>
>>48022611
I searched "ork" and dug through everything. Couldn't find it.

I also searched "Ghazghkull" and "Blitz". Both turned up zero results
>>
>>48022610
Ebay?
>>
>>48022640
Its in general.
Noone may charge after a scout move even if they do it on "second player turn one"
>>
>>48022640
It is a draft Faq right now. The one you want is for the 40k brb. It has something with scouts/dudes coming out of a scouted box and hit people with sticks.

Drop podding through atmo and smacking into the ground then firing at full BS is ok though.
>>
>>48022610
scion torsos and skit vanguard helms make for interesting tech-knights

you'll have to figure something out for the legs and arms, though
>>
Question about Necron Destroyer, It has Preferred Enemy which means it rerolls failed hit and wounds of 1.

Necron Destroyer cult has
>Extermination protocols
>All units in this Formation re-roll failed To Wound rolls and Armour Penetration rolls

So all this does is allow you to reroll wounds of anything (not just 1) and have another go at armour penetration that preferred enemy does not?

English is not my first language and I am just trying to grasp the difference around the two rules when applied to a single model, thanks
>>
>>48022603
It kinda looks like that tank commander is yelling at the metal bird with the weird penis to get off his tank.

>"I swear to the fucking Emperor. If these fucking Aquiladishes don't get off my fucking tank..."
>"Be gone you shit!"
>++Scree Scree++ and other bird related noises
>>
>>48016364

I play against my brother maybe once every 5 weeks, used to play against my wife every few weeks too but she's usually too tired after work these days (turns out growing a human being really tuckers you out).

Also I want to have violent angry sex with that walkway terrain, tis gud
>>
>>48022586
Daemons are good.
Heralds, daemonettes and seekers are super fast and have rending but are very fragile.
Soul grinders are everything defilers wish they were.
>>
>>48022640
>>48022683
Even worse they said you can't begin the game in an allied transport and you technically have to ally a blitz brigade on to your main force.
>>
File: 2016-06-29 12.56.18.png (47 KB, 657x206) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-29 12.56.18.png
47 KB, 657x206
>>48022640

>>48022683
And charging afterwards, because they are teh empras chosen.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.