[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: warhammer 40k general.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
warhammer 40k general.png
1 MB, 1024x768
I Just Ctrl+v'd The Links From The Last Thread, If They Don't Work I Don't Care Deal With It This Isn't A Reddit Sticky Anyway Edition

> Codexes
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
>>48008450
Theres no way in hell thats the real size comparison.
>>
File: 1358829381308.jpg (95 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1358829381308.jpg
95 KB, 500x375
>>48008569

>Warhammer 40k turns 30 years old next year. The new edition is due. The clock will be taken from 5 minutes to midnight to 1 minute to midnight with the return of the Daemonprimarchs - or will they return alone? This is the theme of the new setting - think along the lines of 13th Black Crusade - but this time, it's serious. They want to get the same excitement as the community had during the End Times - without actually going as far as Age of Sigmar did.

>Chaos fans - this is your hour. Stop beeing grudgy, there will be lots of love for all of you - renegades, former legions, daemon lovers.

>The lore already start to unfold, with the Shield of Baal and Warzone Fenris - so we are already within the action. As usual, this is a bit of an early talk, so stay cool and take it with a tiny bit of salt.

ITS HAPPENING
>>
File: dreadclaw.jpg (25 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
dreadclaw.jpg
25 KB, 240x320
Also I haven't used and don't see much Forge World stuff in my area, so I have a question:

Are Dreadclaw Assault Pods feasible for dropping in a squad of melta Chosen comparable to loyalist shenanigans? It's been a while but I vaguely remember they used to have wonky rules that made this a bad idea on top of being expensive and taking up an FA slot.
>>
>>48008601
There is. I saw the model myself at Warhammer Fest. It's fuckhuge. They said at that seminar that it was originally going to be smaller but they decided to make it nearly as big as a Warhound. Because.
>>
>>48008604
Source or are you just rumourfagging up some epic new meme?
>>
File: yihff.png (447 KB, 873x498) Image search: [Google]
yihff.png
447 KB, 873x498
>>48008569
Do you ever want to fucking die /40k/?

I'm in one of the mini-dex dev groups for HoR Kill Teams and sometimes I look at the main group's stuff and I find these fucking gems.

This community truly attracts human garbage.

Why would anybody think this is balanced in anyway?
>>
>>48008604
WAT

LINK
>>
>>48008704
>inb16 bell of lost clickbait
>>
>>48008604
plz no
plz
>>
I've got the Tau start collecting box.

Would adding a box of Kroot and a Hammerhead be alright for 500 points?
>>
>>48008672
Since when are ghostkeels in killteam?
>>
>>48008643
is it gonna have a crew or something
I can't imagine running something like that alone
>>
>>48008604
So what they're saying is that we're getting 13th black crusade 2.0, but it will all amount to nothing as Failbadon does what he does best, and in the end the setting returns to the "status quo" but this time without impending destruction looming around the corner?

I for one, look forward to all the primarchs (except people like horus obviously) coming back, loyalists and traitors, beating the shit out of eachother before promptly fucking back off to who knows where?

Also, give proofs
>>
File: 1279907817797.png (76 KB, 198x262) Image search: [Google]
1279907817797.png
76 KB, 198x262
>>48008667
>>48008704
>>48008710
>>48008713

Lady Atia from her War of Sigmar blog
>>
>>48008672
>random autist wants to field models he thinks are cool in kill team
>TRIGGERED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Literally who cares
>>
>>48008747
Crew is a single Knight Scion which is why it's still classed as a Knight and not a standard Imperial Titan. How the pilot copes I don't know.

They're supposed to be around in 30k (I don't remember how common/rare) but in 40k they're artefacts of great prestige for Knight houses to have or else are proof they're good buddies with AdMech. So, naturally, this will be a toy Chaos won't get.
>>
>>48008628
Dreadclaws are far too expensive for that.
If you don't abuse of the fact they are skimmers for a turn 2 charge, they're not worth it.
>>
>>48008741
Thankfully you cannot if most sane people have their way. The main group is pretty fucking awful and is a closed/invite only group but they approve anybody and everybody.

It's a shit show design by committee. Every update and constructive post is followed by 30 complaining about the change despite people not playtesting or actually reading the fucking update or just wanting to add in their dumb ideas.

Thankfully the mini dex groups are all populated by like 3 active users and a few assholes giving dumb ideas (Beastmen should be a Special unit choice, Dreads should be allowed base and not in a supplement like vehicles, we should make a mini dex for every fucking faction that has a sentence in the lore even if they are just part of a larger faction).
>>
>>48008751
13th black crusade 2.0, but this time without the dirty fanbase distracting from the epic narrative with their peasant antics
>>
>>48008672
Rules-wise and game-wise a Ghostkeel would be not only illegal but horrifically cheesy and unfair.
Fluffwise it makes sense.
>>
>>48008643
What is even happening to 40k?
>>
>>48008804
It's a 30k model.
>>
File: 1449938630715.jpg (144 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
1449938630715.jpg
144 KB, 570x558
>>48008604
>>Chaos fans - this is your hour. Stop beeing grudgy, there will be lots of love for all of you - renegades, former legions, daemon lovers.
>>
>>48008804
>>48008643
I want Epic to stay out of 40k

Everything Riptide sized or bigger needs to go
>>
File: 40k.jpg (214 KB, 420x600) Image search: [Google]
40k.jpg
214 KB, 420x600
>>48008804

>What is even happening to 40k?
>>
>>48008773
A three crisis suit team with like 9 drones is possible to do and it is the most balance warping list in the game. Even removing options and out pricing gear can save it without nerfing it to the point of unplayable.

The problem is literally everything about suits and the nature of Kill Teams. The same problem exists with bikes but an optimized all suit list can dance around a bike list.
>>
>>48008820
Until they decide that we need this model in 40k just like the mechanicus stuff or the legion praetor.
>>
>>48008713
You do realise that 13th Black Crusade has already happened once, right?

Also, I see nothing wrong there. I forced a meme that Age of Emperor would have all the Primarchs return, looks like I turned out to be right.

Neat.

Exactly what is the problem? The AGE OF EMPOURJJJ meme can die and Chaos gets a non-shit update.
>>
>>48008842
>The problem is literally everything about, and the nature of, Kill Teams

Ftfy
>>
>>48008778
It's not our fault that GW wants the Dark Mechanicum to consist only of the Lacyraemara subsection of the once great Mechanicum.

Although it does it explain why they love dinobots so much.
>>
>>48008852
How is the Ad Mech getting some fucking transports and model variety 'bad'. They've already limited Knight Titans. I see no reason they wouldn't.

At the end of the day, why does it matter? If you don't use it, why does it matter to you?

>b-b-but somebody might want to use it!!!

So politely decline and look for a new opponent. Seriously, this shit is so simple.

>GW doesn't make new models
>FUCKING JEW DOUBLE JEW FUCKING KEKS THEY DONT UPDATE ANYTHING KEKS JEWS FUCK YOU

>GW release new models
>FUCKING JEWS YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT X ARMY FUCKING KEK JEWS!

And then we have it on here constantly.

I don't care that X army gets Y model because it doesn't affect me. If I think it's rules are broken, I decline the offer to play somebody if they refuse to remove it from their list.
>>
>>48008855
>I forced a meme that Age of Emperor would have all the Primarchs return, looks like I turned out to be right.
>Neat.

Are you retarded? That's been the fluff since forever.
>>
>>48008788
>turn 2 charge dreadclaws

wut

that sounds like an improvement from the previous dreadclaw, how do you do that?
>>
>>48008855
>I forced a meme that Age of Emperor would have all the Primarchs return, looks like I turned out to be right.

>How do I make this about me?

Get a trip so I can filter you, cunt.
>>
>>48008890
I know, but there is a difference between "it'll happen" and "it's going to happen".

The 2nd difference is the fact we have Primarch models and it makes sense they all return, somehow, for them to be usable in 40k.

Same with Daemon Primarchs. Thou, interestingly, this person originally said that Daemon Primarchs won't be made, then that post she made said they will...
>>
>>48008855
I do, I still have the codex and the White Dwarfs. But it was another time, back when GW stories were good and not shameless wanking of the faction they wanted to promote at that moment, like most supplements theses days.

And the End Times were so bad, holy shit.
>>
>>48008912
Or, you could stop being a sperging autist and ignore him.

Jesus Fuck, you guys are so fucking insane I wonder how you even breathe.
>>
>>48008876
The more I actually crunch this shit and argue with these people the more I realize the truth in this.

>Missions with turn 1 win conditions
>Wildly different power levels in armies
>Melee is still garbage
>Nobody playtests with the amount of terrain needed so people think there's issues with certain weapons and units when it's not
>THE FUCKING ROUTE TEST

It's fucking awful.
>>
>>48008916
Not him, but you're playing a game you no longer like any more... for what reason, exactly?
>>
>>48008885
Nice strawman you fucking shill.

And we'll see if your tune changes when everyone and their dog has a titan, which aren't even considered ridiculous anymore because GW have now moved on to scale battleship models that you suspend from the ceiling over the gaming table. just like how super heavies are being normalized now and we're moving onto even bigger ones. I can only turn down so many games before there's no one left to fucking play. I mean shit it wouldn't surprise me if GW starts banning sub 1500 pt games in their stores. But you're either getting paid to shill your shitty opinion or you're legitimately so stupid that you can't see what's happening to the hobby.
>>
File: image.gif (975 KB, 205x179) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
975 KB, 205x179
>>48008604
>ITS HAPPENING

your new is shining through
>>
>>48008970

>image.gif

Leave. Now.
>>
>>48008855
But you were wrong.
It's clearly just GW trying to tie up the pesky halt on the time line that the 13th black crusade caused.
Chaos will only get marginally better, and nowhere near unfucked, and GW can continue release tau vs imperium supplements with out having to worry about the fact that the galaxy is set to die! :^)

But really, I'm betting this will be only marginally more important than any other supplements or campaign book. Chaos can't win, because GW has explicitly said they don't want to go the AoS route.
I'm betting it will look like Failbadon has not failed for once in his life, up until the last minute, when the 'crons show up, prevent him from destroying the cadian gate, and force abbadon to head back to the eye or terror, but not before he grabs some random stick off the ground, which was totally his real goal the whole time guys.
>>
>>48008951
I actually managed to kick ass and chew bubblegum hard with my White Scars. S5 hammer of wraths against single targets are brutal.
>>
>>48008894
You Deep Strike Turn 1, keep everyone on board to wither any fire and Heat Blast if you can, on Turn 2 scoot it towards the enemy, disembark and charge cos it's an Assault Vehicle
>>
>>48008855
>Exactly what is the problem?
If it's not player driven, it's going to be a shitshow.
>>
File: 1 You.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1 You.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>48008961
>strawman

1st redflag

>shill

2nd redflag

As for your second '''''''''''''''''''''point''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' I already have 40k armies, which I have used since 2nd edition (40k, anyway) and I don't need to buy anything else. I use my friends bits to make new stuff if need be, but that's very rare.

I don't care that he's bought the newest model, or my other friends switched to Tau. Because it's their money, their hobby and they can do what they want. I'm sorry you have no control over your money and MUST buy this stuff. But, unlike you, some people like this hobby and don't mind buying stuff.

I don't buy the stuff as I have no interest in it. I have no need to buy a Knight Titan or whatever, but I don't have a fucking sperg attack when somebody else does.

>GW starts banning 1500pt games

Do you even read what you type? If we're going into this kind of fantasy, you might as well say "Well GW will only let you play if you have Titans!".

>shill

There's that word again.
>>
>>48008894
Deepstrike one in turn 1 (Drop Pod Assault)
DP in a safe zone, it's a flier in hover mode now.
Flat out in a safe zone and jink if needed.
Turn 2 move 6" and disembark.
It's an assault vehicle, you can charge.
You can also start flaming people with his heat blast in the following turns.
>>
Can't they just rebrand to "Warhammer" and move on from the last second of the last minute of the last day of 999.m41

The real grimdarkness comes from everyone being poised for the greatest fucking galaxy ending war of all time, and yet being suspended in time and blue balled for thirty fucking years. That shit's fucking depressing.
>>
>>48008961
Anon, who cares if people like to play with bigger models?
Please telll me you aren't one of the morons who thinks that 40k is supposed to be a small sized skirmish game, and that anything but that is bad wrong fun.
>>
>>48008954
I'm not sure you even read my post, but in any case theses days I'm mostly in for modelling, and my faction has thankfully been spared from theses lasts supplements, so I can still ignore them.
>>
>>48008894
You cant charge turn 2 with a dreadclaw.
It still has to come from reserves, which means it comes on the table turn 2. Whether you bring it on as a flyer, or as a deep striking drop pod, you arent charging in either of those scenarios.

It also has the potential to eat one of its passengers, and costs 100 points. And it cant hit the table turn 1 like the 35 point loyalist drop pods. That have no chance of eating a passenger.

CSM.
>>
>>48008995
Hey could be posting from a phone you faggot.
>>
>>48009039
>>48008894
Also, don't forget it has Frag Assault Launcher.
It's nice with Dreads and Terminators.

The only reason why i don't have it, it's because it looks retarded. A skimmer drop pods? No thanks.
>>
>>48009012
Literally one of the more broken lists in the game is Marine bikes.

The weakness with melee in any other context is that you cannot close the distance in time to do anything sizable. Usually you get Overwatched down or you have to weave through terrain, etc. Bikes can cut that distance down and close with the enemy much faster than any unit and gain that charge advantage.

Another problem is that a lot of the units available usually have weak or lower stats and melee boils down to who's initiative was higher. Marine bikes win like 80% of the time in the ideal situation, which they can create.
>>
>>48008999
My personal opinion will be

>13th Crusade is fucking shit up
>Imperium sends out an order for production of new Space Marines, mass recruiting of regiments and all industry converted to the war effort
>We get stuck in a big war where both sides bring out their trump cards, both of heroes, vehicles and weapons.

And the story will be about every side working to their 'end game', apart from Tau who don't seem to have one. But the latter, I believe, will be the following

>Farsight Enclaves unite and cause they're split off from the Tau Empire, they're forced to ally with Imperium against Chaos/Nids/Necrons
>Tau Empire uses science to break through space fire and see what the Enclave is doing and declares war on them

Or something like that.
>>
This is considered a traditional game? OK.

A guy from work I recently started hanging out with plays this and Warmachine, but he's a complete sperg. Wants me to get into it and even thought showing it to my female cousin would impress her or something.

I said I'd try the thing, but if this guy wants to get laid, this isn't something to bring up in conversation, yes?
>>
>>48009060
Then you're OK, since modelling is completely different to gaming and the fiction.

Sorry you don't enjoy it anon.
>>
>>48008995
Oh look its the autist that gets triggered by anons posting from a phone. Totally rational.

Ive been here for 4 years; seen countless faggots like you come and go.
Stay mad and stupid you fucking retard. I post from my phone all the time, no one takes issue with it but you.
>>
File: Blood_Angels.jpg (14 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Angels.jpg
14 KB, 200x198
Need some criticism on a fluffy Blood Angels list if at all possible.

I'd really like to throw some Furioso Dreads in place of the Death Company because I think they look awesome but I'm not convinced they are worth their points even with their FAQ'd attacks.

+ Blood Angels Baal Strike Force 1850 List +

+HQ+ 115 Points
Librarian – Psyker Mastery Level 2, Jump Pack, Gallian’s Staff
115 Points

+Elites+ 595 Points
Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost
130 Points
Death Company – 5 Marines, Jump Packs, 1 Power Fist, Inferno Pistol
155 Points
155 Points
155 Points

+Troops+ 400 Points
Tactical Squad – 10 Marines, Flamer, Heavy Flamer
Rhino – Overcharged Engines, Storm Bolter
200 Points
Tactical Squad – 10 Marines, Flamer, Heavy Flamer
Rhino – Overcharged Engines, Storm Bolter
200 Points

+Fast Attack+ 330 Points
Assault Squad – 5 Marines, Jump Packs, Power Weapon, Meltagun
110 Points
110 Points
110 Points

+Heavy Support+ 410 Points
Stormraven – Twin-linked Multi-melta, Twin-linked Assault Cannon, Extra Armor
205 Points
Stormraven – Twin-linked Multi-melta, Twin-linked Assault Cannon, Extra Armor
205 Points
>>
File: pacha.png (718 KB, 838x911) Image search: [Google]
pacha.png
718 KB, 838x911
>Warlord wipes out a squad by himself
>Warlord beats the shit out of a tank by himself
Why is it so satisfying?
>>
File: dreadclaw.jpg (116 KB, 641x602) Image search: [Google]
dreadclaw.jpg
116 KB, 641x602
>>48009076
>It still has to come from reserves, which means it comes on the table turn 2
Nope, Drop Pod Assault Rule.

Half your dreadclaws/kharybdis claws, rounding up, come in one Turn 1.

You should be more familiar with the rules for something if you're going to speak with authority on it
>>
>>48009077
He hates 'phoneposters'. Dude is a prolific shitposter.
>>
>>48009111

>the autismo that throws around how long he's been here like a badge of honor

get fucked, kid
>>
>>48009038
Yes when you invent an argument I never made so that you can argue against it, it is called a strawman argument. What do you not understand about that?

And honestly the reason I'm calling you a shill is because you're acting exactly like one. Sitting here trying to tell me everything is just fine and it's the same old game I used to play way back when and obviously I'M the one with a problem if I think things have changed. That shit comes right out of the shill handbook. Look at the past few years and the direction the game has taken, and if you can't see that things have drastically changed to coerce players into buying more and buying bigger than you're an idiot or a shill.

I bet a couple of years ago there were people just like you saying "GW would never completely fuck up fantasy."
>>
>>48008628
The chosen will probably kill their target.
They will certainly die the following turn.
Useful in games >2500 points if you can bring a few of them and have an assault squad of some sort to back up the Chosen., but as you point out it's expensive and takes a FA slot.
>>
File: 1451773598190.jpg (38 KB, 500x709) Image search: [Google]
1451773598190.jpg
38 KB, 500x709
>>48009126
>Why do you use a Power Mace on your Warlord? Aren't the other power weapons better?
>Proceed to obliterate an entire squadron of leman russ in one turn by himself, and then istantdeathing the faces of the skitarii allies at initiative.
>>
>>48009136
Ah I knew that, I forgot. Havent fielded my dreadclaw in like a year, maybe longer. IA 13 in the next room, I probably shouldve checked before replying.
>>
>>48009126
big damn heroes are cool

better when it's some nameless terminators, though. Always a special treat when they decide to turn their refractor fields on.
>>
>>48009150
>I bet a couple of years ago there were people just like you saying "GW would never completely fuck up fantasy."
No, not really. 8th is universally agreed to be the worst of all WHFB editions, and that was released 6 fucking years ago
>>
>>48009126

What is 'Warlord'?
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 570x587
>>48009143
>cant shitpost about phones because anon unanimously agrees thats retarded

>gotta find something to get mad and shitpost about

>kid
>>
File: 1420675297772.gif (342 KB, 153x113) Image search: [Google]
1420675297772.gif
342 KB, 153x113
>>48009126
>Keeper of secrets wrecks 2 wyverns in 1 assault phase
>>
File: 1429192455296.jpg (23 KB, 290x324) Image search: [Google]
1429192455296.jpg
23 KB, 290x324
>>48009097
>Wants me to get into it and even thought showing it to my female cousin would impress her or something.

You'll probably have fun but you may want to watch some gameplay first so the rules aren't so daunting right away.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 375x360
>>48009207
>squadroning Wyverns
>>
>>48009184
Your commander
>>
File: 1445456956017.jpg (49 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
1445456956017.jpg
49 KB, 500x738
>>48009207
>yfw it still isn't close to making its points back
>>
File: 1405511503471.png (89 KB, 311x270) Image search: [Google]
1405511503471.png
89 KB, 311x270
>>48009200

>gets ass blasted when someone points out he's on a phone
>believes pointing out his 8 years tour of duty on a mongolian image factory before spazzing out is how a rational human reacts

okay kid.
>>
>>48009170
I mean, you're right about it being 3 times more expensive than Loyalist Drop Pods, and with a shitty chance of eating your dudes when you deploy in it.

But let's at least be fair about the one niche role they fulfil: scoot you into a fight through difficult terrain without initiative penalty on Turn 2
>>
Fucking generals are gay.

I blame quests and CYOA shit for forcing generals into existence on this board.
>>
>>48009126
>Corsair princess fail very first 2+ save she have to take on her very first game and get ID.
>Rest of the squad succeed every 4+ save roll ever for the whole game.
W-well, okay.
>>
>>48009252
Bro stop trolling the general for (You)'s.
Who gives a shit what people use to browse the board?
>>
File: 1371875698186.jpg (81 KB, 700x460) Image search: [Google]
1371875698186.jpg
81 KB, 700x460
>48009271

>posting in a general to say how generals are shit
You don't even deserve my (You).
>>
File: 1408914979997.jpg (9 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
1408914979997.jpg
9 KB, 235x236
>>48009271

>quests are gone what should we do now?
>I know lets get rid of /generals/!
>>
File: shooter-san.png (115 KB, 415x292) Image search: [Google]
shooter-san.png
115 KB, 415x292
>>48008763
>>48008604
>40K END TIMES
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>48009302
>quests are gone
>>
>>48009229
they make sense if you want to use the Emperor's Wrath formation.

I mean, the wyvern is typically filling out the thirds slot, as it gets little benefit, but you've only got two orders and three unit slots.

But maybe you're just taking the formation with out an IG cad, and want a second wyvern. The formation is good, wyverns, are good, I could see it.
>>
File: image.gif (444 KB, 187x134) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
444 KB, 187x134
>>48009252
>I need attention
>>
>>48009302
I'm glad they suggested quests leave but did nothing to enforce it.
>>
>>48009232
You mean that 10 point mek boy I used to fill up mandatory HQ slots?
>>
>>48009394
And if you reply in a quest thread 'why dont you guys go to /qst/ ? - you get a 3 day ban. Dont believe me, try it yourself.
My guess is there must be a mod that likes quest threads.
>>
>>48008643
does it have Warhound weapons then
>>
File: 1449644471959.jpg (65 KB, 664x720) Image search: [Google]
1449644471959.jpg
65 KB, 664x720
>>48009399
>not having a glorious badass commander to lead your dudes to victory
>letting a Mek lead anything
>>
File: 1407165382160.png (145 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1407165382160.png
145 KB, 500x500
>>48009375

>"I'm the better man," he says with a smug look on his face as he responds to every shitpost again and again and again...
>>
What do you forsee your faction doing in an end times scenario for 40k?

I run Word Bearers and in my gut I've accepted that Lorgar will either lose in a duel to Corax or, in the likely event of his resurrection, Gulliman. It was prophecied that if Lorgar ever faces Gulliman ando wins, it would cost the war for Chaos. I suspect he's too disciplined for that to occur.
>>
>>48009462
>'No, I'm the better man' he says as he shitposts a reply to a shitpost, which was a reply to another shitpost
>>
>>48008604
So, just like with End Times, we get a rehashed retelling of the old with all the cool bits replaced with "this will sell more toys." And either they just let it hang there, roll it back, or have the problem quiver out like a wet fart.

GW has to earn my excitement, their hype machine has no effect in me anymore.
>>
>>48009448
2 autocannons/lascannons, back mounted whirlwind launcher and two S10 ap1 Heavy 2 twinlinked Large Blast Concussive mainguns
>>
File: 1430177893932.jpg (81 KB, 628x587) Image search: [Google]
1430177893932.jpg
81 KB, 628x587
>>48009394

You must have a broad idea of what makes a quest thread, as a quick glace at the catalog shows only a handful of them. 6 months ago it would have been 70% quests.
>>
>>48009475
Please leave our dedicated shitposting thread.

Seriously though, I foresee Space Wolves being a catalyst for it happening while Slaanesh will get a mention here and there all while Tempestus are referenced but not by name in a footnote (which I'm okay with really because that's what makes them cool to me, they're the operators that die without anybody knowing what they did).
>>
>>48009169
How would he wipe an entire squadron by himself? He would only be able to be in base contact with one tank so no matter how much damage he did, only one would be destroyed.
>>
>>48009531
I am 12 and what are quest threads?
>>
>>48009574
>I am 12
MOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>48009475
Tau will probably prevail at everything that happens to them because of GWs luv boner for them...
>>
>>48009572
Wounds spill over in squadrons

Anyone have the updated chaos fandex?
>>
>>48009531
Lies and misinformation about still.

It never got above 15% quests. EVER. Nor was the front page ever populated by only quests.

Fucking assholes still have to peddle lies
>>
>>48009588

>spot the anon still salty that quests getting the boot
>>
File: 1462247425313.png (4 MB, 1208x1667) Image search: [Google]
1462247425313.png
4 MB, 1208x1667
>>48009475
>What do you forsee your faction doing in an end times scenario for 40k?
I foresee a feast so great that no life will be able to escape it. Until all of the Necrons wake up.
>>
>>48009588
Why do the quest threads remain when they have their own board? You're confused on who is being the asshole here.
>>
>>48009578
Hyperbole, do you speak it?
>>
>>48009583
I feel like there's a distinction between what GW loves and what GW thinks will sell. Had an end times occurred ten years ago we'd see the Ultramarines running the show, but I agree with >>48009541in that it will likely be the spacewolves who are the main focus due to how popular they have become. I think the Tau will be a prominent force due to their popularity, not because GW has a boner for them.
>>
>>48009475
>Dark Eldar player
>Malys finally one-ups Vect by bringing a halt to his insidious machinations to flood Commoragh wit daemons, and succeeds him as the overlord of the Dark City
>for all of five minutes because Khaine's Gate pops and Slaanesh eats the Dark Kin faster than Abbadon eats a dick
>>
>>48009585
I thought that was only for shooting? (With the limitation that the other vehicle has to be in range)
Doesn't make sense that he wails on one tank and then the one 4" away spontaneously explodes.
>>
>>48009475
orks are literally either all dead or fighting with tyranids for galaxy's biggest assholes award
>>
>>48009615
Unfortunately the group if retards that play Tau, and like Wulfen, and Wolfshit everywhere - will not be enough to serve as a foundation for a lasting playerbase.
>>
>>48009574

Online roleplaying. A Game master starts a thread and people follow along voting for the next course of action or making suggestions, or whatever depending on how the GM ran it. Unfortunately /tg/ became a dumping ground for riffraff from other boards (/a/ and /v/ especially) as questors were told to come here and they had no respect for the board or inclination to learn our culture. It became so bad the frontpage and catalog was typically full of quest threads but they got kicked out with the creation of the new quest board.
>>
>>48009475
They will change the Necron fluff to them losing to the old ones, the individual C'tan being weaker than the current shards, their future tech will now be lower than Tau, and they will become a race which consists of none stop infighting.
>>
>>48009642
Oh god, that's why the dropped fantasy. They ditched their loyal fanbase in the hopes of cultivating a new one that'says impulsive and prone to buying expensive models on a more frequent basis.
>>
>>48009665
Ah. Thank you.
>>
>>48009673
>the lost their ancient battle, weak demigod beingt, their most advanced tech outclassed by everyone but Orks, and constant infighting
So Necrons become Chaos Marines?
>>
>>48009719
Based on the endless nerfs from 6E forward and plot revisions from 5E forward, yes. All they have left is Wraiths, once those are gone Necrons can safely be Orked.
>>
>>48009740
>Necrons
>nerfed
What? Decurion is only not top-tier anymore because other armies have been given bullshit that is even more retardedly overpowered than it is.
>>
File: Pirate Ork.png (266 KB, 400x521) Image search: [Google]
Pirate Ork.png
266 KB, 400x521
>>48009475
>Orks

I will bet that there will be a situation where loyalists are surrounded on all sides by the legions of chaos only for gazzy and a fucking huge WAAGH to come out of nowhere and have a 5 minutes of glory where they buttfuck chaos, allowing the loyalists to slip away.
>>
>>48009763
Yes, because of Canoptek Harvest.

Fron 6E to the current day:
No more Cryptek Harbringers.
Minimum warrior squads now 10 to prevent putting ICs in transports.
Cost of flyers goes up.
Barges and Arks go way up in price.
Tesla nerfed.
C'tan shards nerfed.
Doomscythe beam gun nerfed to a small blast.
Flyers nerfed by new flyer rules.
Ghost Arks nerfed again by new jinking FAQ.

So flyers are both more expensive and less useful,l. AV13 is dead from universally more expensive, tesla being nerfed, and jinking now crushes warrior arks. So yes, reducing three good strategies to 1 is a nerf.

Rather like if everything but scatterbikes was nerfed to tier 2 for Eldar but no one noticed because bikes.
>>
File: 1371856275833.jpg (27 KB, 349x328) Image search: [Google]
1371856275833.jpg
27 KB, 349x328
>>48009843
Well shit, consider me told, then. The only nerf I was even aware of was Shards.

Are Transcendent C'tan still hilarious? I remember playing against one that brought the pain with its D template back when Escalation came out.
>>
File: dark angels.png (324 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
dark angels.png
324 KB, 640x358
>>48009475
>Dark Angels
Azrael shoots a mail to all the DA successor chapters, presents the Lion with the full Legion he's been building for the last few centuries and then they fuck off to somewhere and play no role whatsoever in the rest of the story.
>>
>>48009475
Eldar
I hope the Harlies finally unite a good portion of the factions (say Vect's Kabal plus Uthwe plus the Sky Serpent Corsairs) for a final big bad war against Slaanesh

I forsee a status quo fight where the Imperium is about to lose everything and Jain Zarr disarms Abby, before the rest of the Eldar fuck off leaving Cadia still overrun, thereby ending up exactly as the 13th BC did
>>
>>48009901
Transcendent C'tan got the reverse Wraithknight treatment.

Went from a god of a GC to a mediocre MC
>>
>>48009901
They are gone :C They got replaced by a none-super heavy version which is a more expensive form of the normal shards. No more buying broken powers, they roll on the normal table.
>>
>>48009475
>Inquisition

Desperately try to stave off the end, possibly getting some Pyrrhic victory.

Also, EXTERMINATUS.
>>
>>48009940
I have only ever wanted a horus heresy esque series about the Phoenix Lords, and I feel like 40k end times would be the closest I would get to actual screen time for Fuegan.
>>
>>48009940
Isn't Eldars endgame is to all die and combine their Infinity Matrices to form Ynead for GLORIOUS WARP GOD COMBAT?
>>
>>48009985
Only those that actually listened to Eldrad.
Biel-Tan is quite content with their retarded empire-building pipe dream and Saim-Hann just told him to fuck off.

Also, there's a prophecy or some shit where all the Phoenix Lords get together and do shit.
>>
>>48009802
I would pay cash munny if the End Times ended with Abby and Ghazzy having an Archon/Grimgor re-enactment
The butthurt would be glorious
>>
>>48009980
I now also want this
I want all the Lords to come back together and realize how completely different they've become now that some of them have died a bunch and their souls have merged with those who wear their armor.

Unfortunately I DON'T want there to be a quick and easy answer as to who Drazhar is, and I feel they'd take the easy answer with "yeah, he's Arhra"
>>
>>48009843
You're an idiot if you don't think necrons are still cheese as fuck
Stay delusional cron shit
>>
>>48010092
Yup, 1 good unit. Cheese as fuck.

C:SM faq confirmed. Enjoy sulking about codexes worse then yours jerk.
>>
Contemplating a double storm raven double furioso list.

Is it a viable and effective tactic to have the storm raven drop off the dread or am I better off with a drop pod?

I'd like to be able to take advantage of the assault vehicle rule rather than letting my dread hang around for a full turn of shooting.

I just want to know how successful it is before I commit to doing it.
>>
>>48010012
To be fair, Eldrad does act like a guy I'd tell to fuck off.
>>
>>48010127
even just warriors in a decurian are way tougher than what the necrons use to have for their core army.

The 6e necron power relied more on concentrated cheese units that the current edition.
>>
>>48010129
Drop pod is more reliable. If you use a Storm Raven your dread could easily end up not doing anything until turn 4.
>>
>>48010092
necrons are still good, but not cheese. Decurions against eldar, tau, and marines is completely fair, but tone it down against BA, CSM, nids, orks, etc. I never use more than 3 wraiths and never use the canoptek harvest, and they are just used as a distraction for my army
>>
>>48010157
If you have to tone it down then it's cheese. Taudar don't set the bar for a normal power level.
>>
>>48010176
what i mean by tone it down is don't use a WAAC build. There are good elements in the army, but nothing that will crush everything else 100% of the time. Especially with tau and eldar around. Turn it up to 11 against them, but use a regular, fun list against everyone else. Wraiths are about as cheesy as T-wolves, which is not really at all. They're good, but not OP. It's like telling ravenwing that their command squad is good, so never use it ever.
>>
>>48010127

Whatever you delusional moron
I don't even play SM I play tau tau hate incoming durrrrrr and I think crons are still bullshit
>>
Ladies, ladies, Necrons can have both broken as shit formations -and- only have a few top end units without using formations. Neither is contradictory.

Of course, "Not top tier" doesn't mean not strong. The durability of a Necron list is immense and a huge tactical strength.

Personally, I'm more concerned by the losses to fluffy army building than power. No crypteks, lords are literal trash now, and whilst the Transcendent C'tan absolutely needed a nerf, it didn't need to be outright turned into a wrongly named normal C'tan.
>>
What's a good Taurox prime loadout?
>>
>>48009399
You cant do that.
>>
>>48010239
Necrons are so easy to out maneuver and out objective, though. Hammer and Anvil is a death sentence for them in maelstrom. Maybe it's just the style of army I play, but I usually spend the first 2 turns just trying to get anything in range. Not that hard to sweeping advance either, especially with power maul or sword for marines. necrons are durable, but lack killing power and speed, aside from tomb blades and wraiths
>>
>>48010239
Oh my, you are calling me a delusional moron while acceding you my point that Necrons have one good unit and while you play one with multiple? Fantastic.

There is a bit of wisdom for you "The unexamined life is not worth living." Your frustration is basically that my units can't be tabled by yours, as you suck in melee which is the best weapon against Necrons.
>>
>>48010275
Depending on what you want with it.
Personally I like Autocannon/Missilelauncher and keep them as far away as possible.
>>
>>48010274
I still use crypteks all the time. I Never touch the decurion, so I stick him with my overlord and his immortal retinue and add a cronemetron and solar staff
>>
Is "Da Rippa" still a legal warlord for Orks?
>>
>>48010176
>If you have to tone it down then it's cheese.
Then pretty much everything can be cheese depending on what army you're fighting.

Personally as a Necron player I find that most of my victories come from my opponent's lack of follow through in prioritizing and eliminating my warrior squads or scarab/flayed ones tarpits, and eventually allowing me to close in and interlock fire from multiple squads.
>>
>>48010274
>No crypteks
no varients. Which is a fluffy lose, but that's paring down of the unit, not removal.
They still exist and do the basic techboost thing, just not as many intersting versions.

>lords are literal trash now
not really a fluff thing. and mindlock scarabs needed a nerf. WS5 is a buff, but assault is bad.

>Transcendent c'tan
agree. Also agree with most of this.

I would say that the tesla changes needed to happen, and the fliers were kinda silly, though losing the deathray beam fire is sad for fluff reasons.
>>
>>48010274
I disagree, C'tan didn't need a nerf. If they were the transcendent shards of gods they should fucking act like it. Give them a higher price or something, but make them fucking powerful
>>
>>48010274
If a c'tan could draw a power and then choose a target, i'd use one a lot more. Still not the best, but it would be more fun and less frustrating
>>
>>48010366
Personally I want them to split the power list into two, since half are blasts and half aren't. You can pick which of the two lists each turn, based on killing a crowd or an individual.

And if not that, then at least a damn reroll.
>>
>>48010306
Nice thanks!
>>
>>48010355
>>48010366
these
Make them expensive, shove them into apocalypse I don't care
But if I'm fielding something named "Transcendent" then it better feel like it
>>
>>48010313
According to FW, IA8 is too old to qualify as legal. However, since it's the latest book for some of the units in it, the recent GW FAQ confirmed its legal.

TL;DR: Go for it, because anyone who'd bitch about it is a dick anyway. At-initiative Power Klaw away.
>>
>>48010355
>>48010424
raising the cost by a lot is typically considered a nerf.
I'm one of the guys who said they needed a nerf, and I'd be fine with that form of nerf, they just shouldn't have been able to do what they were doing at that point cost.
>>
>>48010334
>>48010355
>>48010366
>>48010418
>>48010424

My group adjusts all sorts of stuff like this. The Transcendant C'tan was ultra-busted & offed 2 Stompas with its Hellstorm D from the Apoc book, prompting a friend to quit 40k for a year. That shit was silly.

However, they've been nerfed into uselessness, like Monoliths & Leman Russ sponsons.

We play as though Monoliths actually sport the most advanced tech in the galaxy, so they don't snap-shoot after Particle Whip, & LRs all still have Lumbering Behemoth, so they don't, either. C'tan shards we just do backwards, because the powers are fucking worthless.
>>
>>48010437
Thanks for the response. Certainly an interesting situation.
>>
>>48010334

Tesla needed to not work when Jinking, but not working on overwatch killed tesla immortals.

I'd argue having a halfway functional anti air option without going to fucking forge world is more feature than bug.
>>
>>48010568
not working when firing at fliers was also necessary.
While they should have gotten a AA option to compensate for that, having telsa also be the best AA option always truck me as wrong

>overwatch being a significant factor.
really?
>>
>>48010612
Grav is an excellent choice against Flyers and it's a weapon basic troops choices can spam. What is so bad about Tesla when Grav does all it did and more?
>>
>>48010568
>>48010612
What exactly were the old Tesla rules compared to now?

Also, isnt Tesla still a decent option for snap-firing at flyers? If you're only going to hit on 6, might as well use a weapon with additional hits of 6s, right? Or is that not possible?
>>
>>48010612

Yes, really. Overwatch benefits were what you took Tesla Immortals for.

Without those, gauss is better every single time. It has AP. It can harm vehicles. It can harm T9-10 if needed (usually just iron arm, but still: A bit of a factor.) it even hits more once you close to rapid fire range where immortals work best.
>>
>>48010634
Grav being a massive fucking problem does not make other things not problems.

>>48010636
now it doesn't trigger off of snap shots.
>>
>>48010568

Tesla needs to work with snap firing or else gauss will continue to be the got to option
Or do you want gauss everywhere forever
>>
>>48010636
You don't get the additional hits when snap firing anymore, that was the nerf. Tesla went from a jack of all trades rule to worthless, as it has no ap and everything with it is over priced except tomb blades.
>>
>>48010664

I just want Jinking to fuck up Tesla, but it to work on other snap shots. It's the only middle ground that makes it somewhat useful on platforms which can choose between tesla and gauss.
>>
>>48010673

>Tesla Tomb Blades
>Not taking ignores cover AP4 and glancing
>Or at least cover ignoring horde-flattening small blast spam
>>
>>48010653
hmm, I can see it I guess. Overwatch just wasn't a factor in the necron players decisions anyways, he wanted more tesla as anti-air.

Given how much better as wording the 'not when snapfiring' thing is, I'd say it would be better to keep that and just buff the tesla immortals. Or, be in the very common position of having a weapon option that's not good.

Giving Necrons a proper AA option should just be a thing of course.
>>
>>48010659
>>48010673
Yikes, no wonder Tesla is a gimmick. If you're running Tomb Blades it isnt even that great. I'd almost rather take the particle weapon and deal with not being able to fire after jinking, since I never get 6s when snapping anyway.
>>
>>48010664
>>48010686
> It's the only middle ground
no. There are plenty of other middle grounds. Point cost changes, range changes, number of shots, etc etc etc.
It, baseline, being the best AA option was not a good thing, so fixing the AA and making it not automatically an okay AA choice would be better.
And being good at overwatch isn't really a necron thing.

Keep the snap shot rule, fix the other things.
>>
>>48010717

Tesla Immortals are the only real variant troop choice Necrons have. Otherwise it's just warriors or plus one to armour and gun strength warriors.
>>
>>48010759

>Being good at overwatch isn't a lighting gun that scatters through people aggressively thing

Sure.
>>
>>48010779
let's not try to apply realism to 40k. You know how that goes.

>>48010763
that's a bigger problem, and not a good reason making the tesla rule more convoluted, or leaving in it's other problem.

I'd prefer actually fixing the problems, rather than trying to preserve how a poor wording previously helped with those problems.
>>
>>48010763
>Otherwise it's just warriors or plus one to armour and gun strength warriors.
Not all that bad in itself, especially considering they're a prerequisite for a decurion. Wounding on 2s against T3 is nice.

Though you're right. The cron dex is a bit lackluster.
>>
>>48010759
>being good at overwatch isn't really a necron thing.
I fail to see why. It's a necessity IMO, what with their lousy CQ capabilities. And the only bit of fluff I recall about Tesla summed them up as something that would dominate any fools who'd run head long into them.
>>
>>48010763

Immortals should've been bigger based models conversely so should the lychguard praetorians and overlord
>>
>>48010905
>lacklustre
It's boring but still strong
Stronger than the warddex is debatable
>>
>>48008763
Who ?
>>
I'm thinking of starting Vanilla Marines. In which Chapter(s) would using old armor alongside more modern armor be normal?

Asking because in the future I may pick up a HH BoC set and use things from it along side standard stuff.
>>
>>48010964

Naftkas bitch
>>
>>48010975
All first founding and maybe second founding chapters since their age would mean they had scraps from the Horus heresy
>>
>>48010959
Strong, yes. Maybe "poignantly utilitarian" is a better phrase.

Either way, I still enjoy playing them.
>>
>>48010925
being slow, poor reaction time, and basically an inescapable tide marching forward.

I just don't see the immortal gun as justifying all the other problems that come with letting tesla work on snap shooting, just change that one gun rather than the rule that applies a number of guns.
How about give the immortals gun twin linked, adjust points as necessary. or if you really just love them being able to overwatch with the lightning gun, give the immortals a special rule that they overwatch on BS2. Get around the snap fire clause.
>>
>>48010998
That is why the other two machine based factions are so good at it, right? The old tesla rule was better from both a fluff and crunch position, they just needed to increase the points cost of tesla weapons. Which they did anyway, adding 40 points to the barges and 20 to the night scythes while nerfing their guns.
>>
So I've asked this before, but which Wraithknight is the least broken? Last time /tg/ nominated the double D Knight but ranged D is still a very powerful and annoying tool. Is the Suncannon variant worse? What about the FW ones (and if they do/don't take the duel disk)?
>>
>>48011088
Sword shield knight?
>>
File: The_Divine_Right.jpg (485 KB, 2627x972) Image search: [Google]
The_Divine_Right.jpg
485 KB, 2627x972
i cant find any good thread to ask around so i will ask here: Is battlefleet gothic armada on steam worth 26 euro?
>>
>>48011088

I suppose double Melta, arguably?
>>
>>48008628
Dreadclaw's don't have you disembark immediately. They're for Assault Units, not shooting units.
>>48008788
>if you use your expensive assault transport that eats it's passengers as an assault transport, you're abusing it
>>
>>48009084
>It's nice with Dreads
It has a 1/6 chance of eating your dreadnought.
>>
Are assault terminators any good in Zone Mortalis?
>>
>>48011670
Yes, if you replace their th+ss with stormbolters/pf and heavy flamer or cyclone launchers.
>>
>>48011359
Yes
>>
>>48009596
They didn't get the boot. They were given an alternate board to use if they so desired, but were allowed to stay because they are a form of cooperative story-telling.
>>48009603
I'd rather have a handful of quest threads around than a never-ending stream of ass-blasted retards shitposting about quests constantly while making up blatant bullshit to try to justify their autism.

Watching you faggots get even more assblasted that the mods crack down on your faggotry now is glorious.
>>
File: tumblr_o7gmjqNLlG1u929uoo1_400.gif (2 MB, 280x213) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7gmjqNLlG1u929uoo1_400.gif
2 MB, 280x213
>>48008604
Well I'm excited.
>>
>>48010975
Literally anybody could liberate a cache of MkIV and start running around with it. First and second founding would be the ones most likely to still have some, but even they would have largely replaced it over the past 10,000 years.

Note that the Dark Angels changed their color scheme after the Heresy, like most of the rest of the traitor legions.
>>
Anyone interested in buying some of my orks or tyranids? Unpainted, but glued together. I'm downsizing.
>>
>>48009475
I foresee the Thousand Sons once again devoting utterly overwhelming amounts of manpower and resources towards wiping out the Space Wolves only to fail again because the Wolves are the biggest Sues in 40k.

Assuming this End Times actually Ends some stuff, we'll get to look forward to Ahriman reaching the end of his journeys.
>>
>>48011906
What's in the Tyranid lot?
>>
>>48011112
I thought so but it's what I see in netlists all the time. I guess its main draw is it utterly fucks Imperial Knights. How many assaults can it feasibly get off in a game? I was wondering if MSU would make it hard for it to make its points back.

>>48011440
I'm weighing this up against double D. I guess they'd go after similar targets except the melta WK can also go after TEQs (if anyone used them) while D can kill deathstars easier. I'm shit at mathhammer though so I can't run the numbers well enough for the result to mean much.
>>
>>48010975
Any of the more prestigious/older chapters, or those with connections/wealth.

So First and Second founding, Red Scorpions (who canonically have a crap ton of Mk.IV), Exorcists, and Carcharodons.
>>
>>48009475
I can see the Lion coming back and smacking some sense into the Unforgiven for their ten millennia of retardation
>>
>>48009169
I love Power Mauls. Better than Power Swords versus everything but a 3+ and gives you a better chance of hurting vehicles.

Also I just think they look cooler.
>>
>>48009456
Dunno. Meks can lean some pretty interesting WWAAAAGHs.
>>
>>48011855
They changed their colors to match the Dangles who rejected Luther and stayed loyal to the Emperor.
>>
>>48011855
Red Scorpions and Carachadons are noted for being pretty Mk IV heavy as well.
>>
>>48009585
>Anyone have the updated chaos fandex?

Here you go, new and improved.
>>
>>48009475
>Guard
Same old, die in droves and prey to the Emperor
>>
>>48012431
Looks like you might need to start anew if rumors are true.
>>
File: 40K rumor mill.webm (820 KB, 854x602) Image search: [Google]
40K rumor mill.webm
820 KB, 854x602
>>48012535
Eh, we've been getting an "update" for the last five years. I'll wait and see what happens.
>>
>>48009475
Helbrecht and Yarrick finally get to Ghazhkull who has made a giant confederation of WAAAGHs called the Green Kroozade which is also the name of the campaign book and the Black Templars and Orks will finally get some love.
>>
>>48012556
Atia is one of the most reliable rumor mongers out there right now. Pretty much anything she, or Sad Panda, post I am usually willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

>5 years
CSM dropped Oct 2012. Not quite 4 years yet.
>>
>>48012637
Eh, fair enough. It's still a game of wait and see, though, at least for now.
>>
>Warhammer 40K: The End Times

>Lion'el Johnson is fully revived and healed
>Comes back to lead the forces of Humanity
>After millennia of Imperial stability, those in power throughout the galaxy refuse to fall in line behind him
>Particularly opposed are the High Lords of Terra, the Inquisition, the Ecclesiarchy, and the Ultramarines, who are surprisingly resistant to change in the absence of their Primarch
>The Unforgiven are "secretly" chaos-aligned, and feed false information to the Lion to sow discontent
>Soon the Imperium erupts into civil war

>Seeing this as the perfect time to strike, the forces of Chaos mass for a Final Crusade
>Tensions run high between Huron and Abaddon as both vie for control
>Soon after the first battles of the Final Crusade commence, Omegon, who is still loyal to the Emperor, arranges for the Black Legion to unknowingly attack the Red Corsairs, provoking swift retaliation
>Most of the armies of Chaos erupt into even greater chaos as Omegon continue to sow doubt and discontent
>The Ruinous Powers are pleased
>Kharn continues to wade into the Imperium, because there's trillions of skulls for the skull throne on every planet

>As the forces of the Imperium of Man become distracted with other matters, both the Tau Empire and the Farsight Enclaves expand rapidly in parallel

>The Tyranids and Necrons are entering the fight at an ever-increasing rate, each threatening to destroy all of existence.

>The Eldar retreat from the galactic stage, still fighting when threatened but willing to enjoy a momentary peace as their enemies become more concerned with fighting each other

>The Dark Eldar become emboldened as the Imperium of Man fractures, becoming more willing to commit larger forces to more attacks.
>>
>>48012701
Also, Orks, but I'm not sure anything about them changes in the End Times. Is uniting them even remotely feasible?
>>
>>48012699
Completely fair approach.

Frankly if it's true, locking 40k into the End Times (or doing a full End Times run but never actually giving us what happens AFTER the ET so we keep playing in the ending point of 40k) would be fine in my book.

Though I'd give it a year after it reaches the point it stops at before someone starts bitching that the setting needs to move forward and be a living timeline.
>>
>>48012756
When there's a will, there's a way, and Ghazkhull is forcing his will.
>>
>>48012756
Only if you get a strong enough Warboss like the Beast.

Though Ghaz seems to be doing a pretty good job trying to follow in the Beast's footsteps.

That or a new Ork character who comes out of the Ork/Nid stalemate.
>>
File: 09.jpg (513 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
513 KB, 1600x1200
Did the Waaagh Gaz get rid of the green tide? The OP doesnt have the update.
>>
>>48012701
Can't see the eldar withdrawing as the forces of chaos line up a final crusade. They're not going to stand aside and risk chaos conquering the galaxy.

Also, enough of the shitty headcanon that the dark angels are traitors and the fallen were the loyal ones. Angels of Caliban sets it down pretty clearly that that's not the case.
>>
>>48011077
the ones that are good at overwatch aren't fully machine.

>old tesla rule was better
the only shit that changed was getting rid of snap shots procing the extra hits.
Which made them randomly better at things that are supposed to be hard to hit.

How the fuck is that better? It fucks over any rule designed to use snap shot forcing as a downside, and fluff wise shooting randomly letting you hit more than hits doesn't fit at all.
>>
>>48012701
its explicitly stated that the unforgiven (i.e. the dark angels) are loyalist. no amount of /tg/ headcanon will change it. its spelled out in certain terms for several codexes now.
>>
File: Modern 40k.jpg (425 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
Modern 40k.jpg
425 KB, 1024x681
>>48012971
Wow, they really are GREY knights.

Speaking of, this is the wikipedia page for 40k.
Do games at your FLGS always have unpainted models?
>>
>>48012976
Fluffwise lightning shouldn't veer towards metal wearing targets? Whew, some mental gymnastics there.

This is the same reason it makes sense against flyers, you are shooting them with lightning (which hits airplanes all the time BTW). Crunchwise it means that they have some decent anti-air in the form of barges and fliers, both of which have taken big increases in cost and are not very good against ground targets.

And again, being good at overwatching is a robotic trait in the game. Necrons have been good at it, skitarii are good at it, Tau are good at it. Whatever your personal objections it is fluff and crunch appropriate for tesla to work like it did in 6E.
>>
File: WP_20151124_002_zpsvsf8ccmf.jpg (244 KB, 1024x1020) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151124_002_zpsvsf8ccmf.jpg
244 KB, 1024x1020
Just ordered a deredeo. Should I add this bad boy to my imperial fists or dark angels? On one hand, ranged fire support for ravenwing with a deathwing bits coated dread would be slick, but I think my fists would benefit more from the ultimate gunline dread(tm). Wish there were more fists bits for customization.
>>
File: 1466451933158.jpg (27 KB, 480x1042) Image search: [Google]
1466451933158.jpg
27 KB, 480x1042
>Like eldar because I like elves
>everyone hates them
Why me?
>>
>>48013088
Play edgy elves then.
>>
>>48013088
They just mad cause Gdubs made the Craftworlds as good as they should be by fluff.

That said the whole game is a mess in terms of balance. It hits a decent stride for a couple of books then goes back and mucks it all up again.
>>
>>48013050
painting is usually a small part of the game for people. doesn't help that it's a skill that not many learned or practice. personally i do 20% gaming, 20% social interaction, 60% painting/modeling but then i like art and this helps with my studies.

>>48013079
which do you play more?
>>
>>48013079
Imperial Fists. I don't think that either of the Angles can even use them outside 30k. Though I might be thinking of other stuff.
>>
>>48013055
>And again, being good at overwatching is a robotic trait in the game.
except that it's not. Because in both cases you listed, it was the non-robots being good at it. And in both cases they aren't slow plodding robots, which is what the necrons are.

Necrons were good at it because the rule was poorly worded to not prevent it working on snap shots. They also updated other shooting that triggers on 6s to hit to not work on snap shots.
Because those rules represent exceptionally good hits, while snap shots are supposed to be wild hits.

>Lighting hits planes all the time
oh, please, I told you to avoid physics. Airplanes get hit because they are in the storm. They aren't any sort of grounding target, so no they wouldn't be better at hitting planes.

>AA
hey, that thing I mentioned nearly every post. Yes, necrons needed AA. They should have AA. Having a thing fuck around with snap shooting is a piss poor way of doing that. Because snap shooting isn't just for hitting aircraft.

What's your justification for the rule that's suppose to make really good shots hit harder, instead also turning lucky stray shots into just as good of hitting?
>>
>>48012976
It makes crons more trolltastic
>>
>>48012701
>>The Unforgiven are "secretly" chaos-aligned, and feed false information to the Lion to sow discontent
>>Soon the Imperium erupts into civil war
Slap yourself for this.
>>
>>48013170
My justification is that there is nowhere that says it works that way in the fluff. The point of tesla is that getting hit with lightning it jumps randomly through the target and fries it from the inside. Why would this stop being true when you are shooting at the air? Or at someone running at you? Basically the way you want it to work makes no fucking sense, as it implies that something fundamentally changes about the gun when firing quickly instead of slowly.

It was a very effective way to deal with both poor AA and poor overwatching, which the Necrons need to protect against CC (which they suck at). Necrons right now just spam Wraiths to deal with the CC issue, and have no AA at all. Why invent a whole new unit when the old rule worked, and why insist that Necrons have to be shitty at overwatch?

Multiple military projects have attempted to make lightning weapons to hit aircraft, but were stumped by the short range. Since there is nothing else in the air lightning shot from the ground veers towards planes, but our ability to project lightning is very short ranged. Necrons have better tech, but yes fluff wise they should be good at hitting planes.
>>
>>48013159
I switch off about evenly, honestly. Probably fists a bit more.
>>48013161
Huh, really? That'd be odd.
>>
>>48013302
>he point of tesla is that getting hit with lightning it jumps randomly through the target and fries it from the inside. Why would this stop being true when you are shooting at the air? Or at someone running at you? Basically the way you want it to work makes no fucking sense, as it implies that something fundamentally changes about the gun when firing quickly instead of slowly.

if you hit well, you can keep poring the energy in, ie more hits.

>It was a very effective way to deal with both poor AA
an AA gun.

>overwatching, which the Necrons need to protect against CC
their protection is having good CC units. Wraiths are the best, but not the only dedicated CC option. Or being tough enough to survive even if they get charged.

>old rule worked
except it didn't. Because you got shit like jinking for free. Which was never intended, just poorly written.
And again, they've come down that snapshooting=6 hit rules don't happen.
Tesla wasn't singled out for this, it was rolled in.
>>
File: haha why.png (53 KB, 366x263) Image search: [Google]
haha why.png
53 KB, 366x263
>buy first ever 40k squad, space marines
>put them together
>about to paint
>decide to read codex in case there's any thing they absolutely need painted
>find out there are different power armor marks and not just different designs for the sake of it
>Mk 6 legs, shoulder pads and helmet are all in separated in different models each

Did I fuck up or is it okay to have it spread out?
>>
>>48013410
Unconventional, but techpriests patch up defective armor parts with functioning armor parts from other armors that dont work anymore.
Youre fine.
>>
>>48013410
Literally everyone does it so you're fine from a modelling standpoint.

In-universe individual pieces of power armor can become relics in and of themselves, so it's not unheard of or even necessarily uncommon to see older pieces (especially mkIV) being mixed-and-matched with mkVI and mkVII.

Shit, pimped out artificier armour doesn't conform to any mark at all unless the chapter wants it to.
>>
>>48013410
You think that's bad? First models I assembled were necron immortals, but I used deathmark backs for the models, completely ruining the immortals, so I had to convert them to deathmarks.
>>
>>48013363
Yeah, we are talking in circles now. I think we should just agree to disagree: I think Tesla made for a fine mechanic before and has been nerfed pointlessly and you think otherwise.
>>
File: tetanus.jpg (23 KB, 563x319) Image search: [Google]
tetanus.jpg
23 KB, 563x319
>talking to a friend at improving my daemon army since i'm tired of getting shot to bits
>he suggests getting a better army

i kinda wanna go visit my best friend and kick his face in; on the tabletop of course. probably doesn't help that he tabled me twice (in 40k and malifaux) back in march. i kinda feel like he told me to 'git good'
>>
Anyone have the WD24 article for knightly ranks? #24 is missing from the mega, and I'm working on some custom stuff for a knight house.

not sure if they'd even function with the new codex anyhow, but more reference material is better.
>>
>>48013713
Daemons are strong, you're just fucking up.
>>
>>48013713
What's your list look like? my main opponent is daemons and his list is capable of tabling admech war convocation.
>>
How do I make my Black Templar list?
Ten man crusader squads in rhinos?
Footslogging neophyte bubbles?
Objective scoring LRC everywhere?
>>
>>48009585
>didn't know this until after re-reading vehicle squadrons after an apoc game
>the game ended with an 8 carnifex unit doing 14 pens to a hammerhead in a squadron
>faggot literally tells me that the hits don't spill over after i get an explodes! on the first hit
>this cost me the game
>>
File: 68796164.jpg (325 KB, 1401x814) Image search: [Google]
68796164.jpg
325 KB, 1401x814
>>48008841
hey you guys remember when we used to play with infantry models??? Foot slogging it!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.