[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
File: 1466063981798.jpg (457 KB, 1350x1100) Image search: [Google]
1466063981798.jpg
457 KB, 1350x1100
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>47987847
>Fixer register Seattle.txt
>Streetdocs and you: a guide.trid
>Informants, do's and don'ts.trid
>When the Man is on your side: Beat Cops.pdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 255555555 (1% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled ''Ayo boy, your package is here"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Stocks.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Contacts Edition
What contacts does your runner have? what is their relationship to them?
>>
Loli vampire a cute.
>>
>>48014735
Crazy Hassan, and everything that entails. Also Tseng from VtM.

One of my players has a Vory contact that's 3/3. He doesn't like the guy very much though, so the loyalty rating's a bit asymmetrical.
>>
File: Dorf Threads.png (132 KB, 550x281) Image search: [Google]
Dorf Threads.png
132 KB, 550x281
Does anyone else just hate the way Elves are done?

They're just better humans. Statwise they don't have any drawbacks, other than one lower max Edge (which unless you're playing an Edgemaster won't matter), and in return they get a leg up in AGI and CHA, both good all-around attributes. They can go low on the priority table, and at any level they have a point or two more Special Attribute than anyone but humans. Tack on low-light vision (which just saves you a couple hundred nuyen putting that into your glass) and they're mechanically a great choice for any role.

In the fluff, they don't have people who hate them other than general racism towards metahumans as a whole, because they are just pretty people and their boosted CHA helps them navigate those waters. The worst that happens is people think that elves are snobs, which has got to be the most milquetoast reason for disliking a race.

Every other meta has to pay with at least one stat of 1/5, dwarves have an additional lifestyle cost and orcs & trolls are widely regarded as stupid, dangerous, and suited only for manual labour and cannon fodder. Elves are just flatly better than humans, unless you really value edge (and if you do, it's easy enough to pick Elf at C instead of Human at D, with the bonus attribute points and maximums making up the difference).

If Elves had shit special attributes, then maybe I could see it going OK, but as it is it feels like whenever we roll up characters it's only because someone really wants to play as a human that they end up human, instead of the tiny optimization that is knife-ears.
>>
>>48015054

Cyberpunk has themes of classism and cultural dominance. So narratively it makes sense, even if it doesn't from a gameplay perspective.

Never trust an elf.
>>
>>48015127
When I run a game, I usually have as many public facing people as possible (newscasters, simstars, PR, etc) be elves. It just makes sense that, unless your Japanese and hate all metas, that the most charming people would end up doing those jobs.

I know the "pretty but can't take a punch race" is an old cliche in RPGs, but it's there for a reason.
>>
>>48014735
Sidorovich: Owns a bar in downtown Seattle as a follow up to his failed business venture in Ukraine now called 200 Rads
Henry Two-Strikes: A Fucking Big Indian who is in Knight Errant and Chief of security for an executive in AresSpace.
>>
File: Bombshell from hell.jpg (777 KB, 1400x1800) Image search: [Google]
Bombshell from hell.jpg
777 KB, 1400x1800
>>48014735 (OP)
only 3 so far for my MAGA human mage

> Bradley Blackthorne, a new revolution member/CSM in the UCAS army.

he's an old buddy from back during his army days they had a slight disagreement and falling out over how they think the country should be run but still remain pretty damn good friends.

>Crystal La Croix, Talismonger

wiccan Talismonger has a store in Salem but also has one in Seattle that she works at rather frequently, really plays up the witch stereotype for the tourists/unawakend, not really friends but on good terms with

>Glasha,Orc Madam

he saved her and her girls multiple times during his many frequent stops to her fine establishment at GREAT cost to himself, he's sweet on her and her girls she's sweet on him. willing to take two in the head for him possibly enamored with him
>>
anyone looking for a plus one for their online game? I got pretty much all the books and am reading up the core to learn how to play.

I'd like it if someone would contact me on skype here
Ether_master{/spoiler] I'll be Jeff with the Gendo avatar
>>
>>48015501
>MAGA
>Mage

You want to make the world really pure? Let me introduce you to my friend Tutor, he'd love to help.
>>
File: Wise Warrior mentor spirit.jpg (386 KB, 1330x1790) Image search: [Google]
Wise Warrior mentor spirit.jpg
386 KB, 1330x1790
>>48015812
Cheeki Breeki. im not sure my current mentor spirit, Uncle Sam, would like me hanging out with Tutor I hear he's not a nice guy.
>>
>>48015501
Requesting follow up pic because this one by itself is 2sad4me.
>>
Does anyone sell anything like Shadowrun-style mages robes IRL? I want to achieve maximum autism.
>>
>>48015897
alas I do not have it...
>>
>>48015873
Hey now, America nuked a bunch of people back in the good old days. They knew they had to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty if they wanted to build a world that their children could be proud of, where they could live in peace.

C'mon, I'm sure if you ask nicely he'll teach you Slay (Democrat).
>>
>>48015990
>not Slay (Degenerate)
>>
>>48014735
>What contacts does your runner have? what is their relationship to them?

Despite the games I play in never really going anywhere I like to flesh out my contacts just as much as my characters. I'll post some of my favorite ones.

Street Doc
Name: Jorda Bentley
Race: Human
.Surly and aloof (horrible bedside manner)
.Functioning alcoholic
.Somewhat messy and unorganized
.Former Doc Wagon driver/doctor

Jorda Bentley was fired 4 years ago from Doc Wagon when it was discovered that he had been drinking the night that he crashed his vehicle during a Platinum Service SRT job. The customer ultimately survived but sued DocWagon Corp. Mr. Bentley was released from DocWagon as part of the settlement that was reached. His employers didn't care that the crash was more likely a result of the attack inflicted by the gang violence that raged in the location of his customer's pick up. Jorda Bentley lost almost everything he owned in the subsequent years and now performs unlicensed medical procedures out of his apartment two floors down to get by.
>>
File: sr dragonfall rarity.png (975 KB, 761x1000) Image search: [Google]
sr dragonfall rarity.png
975 KB, 761x1000
>>48015054
Cry more, bitch nigger.
>>
File: Waldorf and Statler.gif (487 KB, 349x199) Image search: [Google]
Waldorf and Statler.gif
487 KB, 349x199
>>48016040
Is that a different spell?
>>
>>48016043

Drug Dealer
Name: Lil' J
Race: Ork
.Local (wannabe) hustler
.Wants to be hardcore but his mother won't let him
.Convinced that the thug life chose him
.Young and naive

Lil' J (born Chad Lesner) gained the nickname when he tried gaining street cred under the alias "Ace". However being young and stupid, customers remarked that he was more like a "Joker". Unfortunately for Chad the nickname spread and stuck. In a feat of ingenuity he managed to spin his given nickname into Lil' J. He claims the J stands for "Joint" but anybody who knew him when he was small time knows exactly what the J stands for. Considering Lil' J has never been anything BUT small time (his "dealing" mostly consists of his buddies' prescriptions meds, refurbished BTLs, and a marijuana bush that he keeps in his bedroom closet under UV light), most people accept it when he calls himself Lil' J like most people will accept a six year old boy calling himself Spiderman. He and his family lives on the same floor as <player character>. His little brothers and sisters have been babysat by almost everybody in the tenement at some point.
>>
>>48016093
Smuggler
Name: Ace "Hardware" Kimbala
Race: Human
."Professional Recycler"
.Obnoxiously bubbly
.Shaman Spiritualist
.Collector and packrat

Ace Kimbala, an Xhosa tribe member from Cape Town, travels where ever she can when ever she can, seeing the world and collecting as much of it as she can in her mobile shop. Ace has kept herself somewhat grounded in the last few years since she arrived to Seattle and seems satisfied with wondering around the megalopolis to take in sights, people watch, collect stuff and sell/trade it for necessities and the occasional luxury or comfort. She mostly lives out of her Ares Roadmaster and can often be found setting up shop in any parking space large enough to park the monster of a vehicle.
>>
File: Shadowrun Elf Decker.jpg (492 KB, 1200x1226) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Elf Decker.jpg
492 KB, 1200x1226
>>48015054
im not quite sure I like how elves are done stat wise as well but im not quite sure how id really balance them out. how would you go about changing them?
>>
>>48016213
Less STR and BOD probably
>>
>>48016213
There's always the cliche of reducing strength and body maximums.
>>
>>48016234
yeah I was goanna say that but I didn't want to go the obvious route of making them physically weaker.
>>
>>48016262
Thats the only thing that could work without rewriting lore. Maybe drop WIL
>>
>>48015054
Funnily enough, any game I play or see of shadowrun has significant racism towards elves, eclipsing orks and trolls in many areas.
>>
>>48016392
Humans may hate Orks and Trolls, and Orks and Trolls may hate Humans. But everyone but Elves hates Elves. Dwarves are okay.

Also player bias
>>
>>48016392
Hey, those long ears wear their hair long for a reason, gotta keep them covered so the normies think they are just pretty humans who probably get regular full brazilians
>>
>>48016418
>>48016421
I feel this, combined with the natural poor luck elves seem to MYSTERIOUSLY have in games, is a balancing factor.
not even GMs like elves. They're the guys you love to hate.
>>
File: Elf Slots.jpg (776 KB, 1333x808) Image search: [Google]
Elf Slots.jpg
776 KB, 1333x808
>>48016213
I'd either ping them down to 1/5 BOD or 1/5 WIL (a bit weaker, or a bit weaker-willed, which does have the side benefit of making elf shamans a bit less 'best mage out of the box').

While I'm at it, take down their special attributes to Dwarf level; they don't need everything and Edge too.
>>
>>48016460
My human character has an elf daughter whom she does care about more than is healthy for a runner.
>>
>>48016491
I don't even dislike elves, I just appreciate the value of randomly singling out a group to razz for no real reason
>>
What's with nobody looking for players?
I posted earlier and some time before in previous generals but no one is accepting new players

Been hitting roll 20 for the past few months and no one accepts new players, what the fuck!
>>
>>48016671
playing shadowrun is incredibly complicated, and running shadowrun is that complicated multiplied by how many players there are.
There are many good GMs I know who have "no shadowrun" on their list of rules, not because shadowrun is bad, but just because it's HARD.

In short, the standard GM shortage, but even worse because of the complexity of heist scenarios vs dungeon scenarios.
>>
>>48016671
I play on an actual table with friends, sorry Omae
If you live in Dayton, let me know

>>48016639
Technomancers are better punching bags. Fuck Technomancers.
>>
>>48016708
Why them? I am not defending them or anything I am just curious what the general opinion on Technomancers is is all.
>>
File: 1437948383086.png (818 KB, 1280x594) Image search: [Google]
1437948383086.png
818 KB, 1280x594
>>48016671
This >>48016703

Plus SR is a tricky game for people to drop into. A cleric is a cleric is a cleric in D&D, but any one character greatly changes how an SR game goes, especially because so much of the game is legwork and covering your ass. People are happier to stick with what they have than to shop around for new players.
>>
>>48016808
Shit man, I've been thinking about starting to GM it where for the sake of simplicity, I write up some characters and let the players pick them, but I feel like there is so much and I am trying to stick to just the core book at this moment.
>>
>>48016708
Be honest, Clockwork. You don't have any friends.
>>
>>48016671
>>48016703
on this note, I have actually been psyching myself up to run shadowrun for actual months.
NO PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE ON ANY FRONT AND I AM TERRIFIED TO EVEN START.
>>
>>48016910
I have to seriously hammer it into my players that they need to fucking learn their part of the rules. The Decker never bothered to learn that you cant just hack your way into an archive and royally fucked up a run.
>>48016947
Just keep watching John Wick. You'll find a game eventually (or find friends and play locally)
>>
File: 1465455470774.jpg (200 KB, 946x1000) Image search: [Google]
1465455470774.jpg
200 KB, 946x1000
>>48016910
>>48016947
One of the few saving graces of SR is that the splats don't make it more complicated. They add a bunch of stuff, but it's mostly options (new ware, new spells, new gear) as opposed to new rulesets, unless you do something damn stupid like say that people can play AI.

The only ones I see being in play are the new vehicle mod rules (which are still garbage) any background count (which should be core anyways).
>>
>>48016984
this is one of the problems with wanting to run shadowrun.
There are SO MANY THINGS I need to watch and read that will vastly improve the game I wind up running.
The A-team.
Black lagoon.
John wick.
Payday.
All sorts of cyberpunk and heist movies I haven't even heard of.
>>48017025
Goddamnit anon stop reminding me of the royal mess they make of AIs in every edition.
I happen to really like AIs as a cyberpunk element and feel robomans should be a playable thing, but the entire system and fluff says no.
>>
>>48016984
I am learning the rules currently and I have been trying to hammer how decking works to my GM and I am just playing a mundane face who tends to snipe.

My GM for some reason believes that noise only applies when operating on the public grid and I explained in detail how it works three times and he still didn't get it. This is also the same person who didn't get me explaining how to augment an arm or leg past your metatype limit six times, ending in me just slamming my head into the book in frustration.

I have played this game for less than a year and I am worried that I might just understand the rules better than the GM
>>
File: P.A.L.A.D.I.N..png (956 KB, 1272x1095) Image search: [Google]
P.A.L.A.D.I.N..png
956 KB, 1272x1095
>>48017056
The first time we played, I was the "knows the rules better than the GM" guy and it made the whole experience more frustrating than it should've. Maybe bite the dick and become the Shadowrun GM. Its a frustrating system to GM but boy is it rewarding.

Draw out in paper how the matrix works and the layers and how noise affects hacking. That seems to work really well for me.
>>
>>48017049
For novels, only one which wasn't anything by Gibson I have read was George Alec Effenger's When Gravity Fails which I liked to call "fun with BTL's" since it featured something similar to BTL personafixes which were totally legal

You should think of the big classic heist movie Oceans Eleven either the one with Clooney or Sinatra both are good.
>>
>>48017105
I am still learning the matrix since that little argument was actually yesterday. One thing is that I don't get how grids help or hinder you aside from the -2 penalty for public grids.
>>
>>48017114
Man, I need to get some micronovels.
Something that can fit in a pocket.
I'm not allowed to listen to audio, and reading on the phone sucks, but I can totally read a book at work. As long as it is compact enough to haul around hands free.
>>
>>48017151
Grids are roughly equivalent to ISPs today. Except the Grid you're on affects how the Matrix is perceived. For example, the Seattle Grid makes all the interesting Seattle stuff shine more and more green. IIRC Horizon runs the local Seattle Grid as well, so the Horizon run stuff gets preference over other corporate stuff.

Certain locations use certain hosts (Ares facilities are on the Ares host for example), so it would be prudent to match Grids.
>>
>>48017105
I'm pretty close to it.
Bought doorkickers, downloaded Sketchup(and got Layout 2016 which works briliantly too.), checked GM resources, just need to work on tilesets and story.
>>
>>48017311
But if I were to jack directly into a server or terminal, would I be on the grid my lifestyle allows or the corporate grid?
>>
File: Altered Carbon.jpg (60 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
Altered Carbon.jpg
60 KB, 500x292
>>48017049
>>48017114
I'd recommend the Takeshi Kovacs books too. At least Altered Carbon- the other two go into a lot more sci-fi than cyberpunk, but the first is a good old-fashioned detective novel, but with people in resleeved bodies and weird cyberspace shenanigans.
>>
>>48017396
Sorry if I'm tired and this sounds weird., but you wouldn't be on the grid, you'd be on the host.
>>
>>48017396
Once you enter a host either with a direct connection or wirelessly, Grids don't matter.
>>
>>48017416
>>48017408
Okay I dig that, but actions when inside the host and you are wireless, that leads to noise?

Sorry I am trying to fully understand this, since it definitely seems like direct connection is the way to go?
>>
>>48017515
If we assume you're at the physical location of the host, then there won't be any noise due to distance, only location.

And in 5e Direct Connection lets you ignore the Master-Slave defensive relationship and hack things much easier. Downside is that you have to have a Direct Connection.
>>
>>48017559
When I am talking wireless I mean like I am in Brooklyn and my target is in the Bronx, so like in the 1-5km area. That would add distance noise plus spam noise plus other modifies for noise correct?
>>
>>48017595
Pg. 230-231 5e Corebook, but you're right.
>>
Any of you chummers playing Va11-HallA?
The music is pretty great.
>>
>>48017726
that the cyberpunk waifu bartender game? Is that out already?
>>
>>48017649
Oh thank fuck I understand this shit thanks anons we'll all hold hands lewdly through the night
>>
>>48017735
Yeah, it's out.
It's okay. The devs pandered to /v/ and/or /a/ really hard though, there's a fuck ton of 4chan memes in it which I really dislike.
>>
File: yamatetsus_finest.jpg (1 MB, 2824x1920) Image search: [Google]
yamatetsus_finest.jpg
1 MB, 2824x1920
My cyber arm for Helleb0re is nearly done.
>>
>>48018289
Very nice.
>>
>>48018289

fist me daddy
>>
>>48018289
What are you doing for weapon props?
>>
>>48018289
Shit, man, that actually looks really cool. I'm impressed.

what are you making that out of?
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-28+at+07.04.29).png (32 KB, 661x433) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-28+at+07.04.29).png
32 KB, 661x433
>>48017726
>>48017735
It's good
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-28+at+06.35.49).png (8 KB, 324x200) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-28+at+06.35.49).png
8 KB, 324x200
>>48017735
It's on steam, go buy it.
>>
So I really want to get into Shadowrun, the setting seems like it could be my favorite thing ever. But I don't live anywhere near a hobby shop, and the closest one is just a bunch of DnD and MTG anyway. I also don't have any friends around that are interested in TTRPG and all the roll20 groups I see pop up get mobbed by people rambling for a group right away.

In addition, I'm having some trouble getting into the groove of the rules and feel like being able to see it in play and ask short questions within the context of how and why something is being rolled would really help.

Is there any other way I can get into this game, or should I just buy the PC games and call that it?
>>
>>48018894
There's a few actual play and rule explanation podcasts/youtube videos. Both can help with getting the rules. (But no matter how much you have them down, try and use the specialized sheets and cheat sheets in the link.)

But do get the computer games anyway. Base Returns is the worst of the lot and I'd still call it good.
>>
>>48018894
If you haven't played the PC games (I like Dragonfall and Hong Kong the best), do that, they're pretty darn good.

There are some online websites for Shadowrun, Runnerhub and... Another one I forget the name of. Check them out if you want to play online.

It makes me sad seeing all these people who are missing a game. I wish I could invite people to mine, but we're basically full up (And run at a weird time of night during the week, and are on F-list)
>>
>>48018894
Shadowrun has a monstrous ruleset. There's a couple gameplay podcasts you could check out, I've been listening to the Arcology Podcast games, which have been pretty cool.

Just keep your feelers out for a r20 game. You could put up a flyer at your LGS, you might be able to gather some IRL interest that way. The HBS games (Dragonfall, specifically) are good for learning about the setting, but not really the same.

Good luck to ye, chummer. Troll tits for luck.
>>
what do drones roll for defence when Im jumped in
and remote controlling them and is it limited by handling.
Also do the drones get the bonuses from being in a swarm while Im controlling them or is it only when they are on their own and does the bonus apply to defence tests
>>
>>48017515
>it definitely seems like direct connection is the way to go?
Congratulations, you got it!
>>
>>48014735

Here are two of my more interesting/unusual contacts:

>Gourmet (2, 3)
>A plump, cheerful female dwarf with a lifelong obsession with haute cuisine. Going by the matrix handle 'Gourmet', she operates a popular food-blog, acts as an amateur food critic, and attends a prestigious European culinary school. With a steady stream of small donations funding her, Gourmet shares her passion for food by using her implanted simrig and taste-booster cyberware to create sumptuous sim-recordings of meals at pricey, exclusive restaurants and sharing them on her matrix page.

My matrix-illterate infiltrator needed someone to do Web Stuff for them, so I came up with an above-board but web savvy blogger to be their friend. No hacking stuff, but Gourmet can Data Search like nobody's business and she's excellent tech support for stuff the hacker is too arrogant to fix.

>Marionette (2, 4)
>A mysterious hacker, a member of [Hacker Node], and skillwire maniac. Marionette's icon takes the form of a beautifully sculpted porcelain doll, pale and inscrutable, wearing gorgeous Victorian-era clothing with a 'gothic lolita' bent. Glittering wires connect to her wrists, ankles, and joints, and fade out of view above her, giving her the likeness of her namesake. Her creepy fascination with the body-puppetry of Skillwires has left her something of an outcast among other hackers, High-Tier being one of her few friends. Though undoubtedly skilled in her area of expertise, she occasionally veers into yandere-grade obsession and clinginess.

Activesofts are stupid expensive. Having a Warez contact who is willing to share them makes skillwires way more useful. I liked the imagery of someone using puppets and marionettes as a metaphor for how skillwires can be used to guide and control metahumans.
>>
>>48018585
Helleb0re doesn't like guns. i have a deck.
>>48018669
Thank you! Using craft foam, wax finish, and enamel, and ironing it out to heat form it. The fabric beneath is latex with 3d paint. It's been a really fun project so far.
>>
File: 16-2.jpg (260 KB, 1171x683) Image search: [Google]
16-2.jpg
260 KB, 1171x683
>>48017403

>low-res image

Chummer please.
>>
How do I burn up player money and lower their lifestyles?
I want a game where every new run, the players NEED this job if they want a dinner that includes protein.
>>
>>48020250

Force them all to take In Debt (the negative quality from Run Faster) at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>48020284
That's a good idea. I was also considering extreme repair costs, but that doesn't work on wizards.
>>
File: Little Wolf.jpg (104 KB, 1138x533) Image search: [Google]
Little Wolf.jpg
104 KB, 1138x533
>>48020250
One of them gets careless and is followed home, compromising the whole team. They all have to burn their SINs and go into hiding with no warning.

Somebody breaks in and robs them.

Pickpockets.

Substance dependency.

A gang that's bigger than they're prepared to deal with demands protection money, and it's not cheap.
>>
>>48019365
>what do drones roll for defence when Im jumped in and remote controlling them.
REA + INT + Control Rig Rating + 2 dice for Hot Sim.

>and is it limited by handling.
Yes, but you can add your Control Rig's rating to that.

>does the bonus apply to defence tests for Swarms
Drones have to be targeted individually, so no.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 680x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 680x871
>>48015054
Stat wise they are more powerful
But every elf i ran, or one of my players ran was never treated with respect.
Modt people are elf haters, even if it is just skin deep racism its still racism.
Most checks of charisma vs orks, trolls, humans and dwarfs i put a negitive 1, 2, or even 3 given how elfy gay they act.
Never trust an elf.
They can specialize in magic which is another thing not to trust about them.
The only elf one of my meta race NPCs like was an elf who was auged out, because that means they dont care how they look, and all elves care how they look.
Fucking,
Dandelion eaters.
>>
>>48020410
>A gang that's bigger than they're prepared to deal with demands protection money, and it's not cheap.

As a gm, you shouldn't get too attached to those gangers.
>>
>>48015054

I don't really have an issue with it. I mean, it's not like they are any more powerful than other races.

Honestly, if I was to do anything it would be to town down the disadvantages of orks and trolls. Elves are in a good place in my mind where you CAN do anything with them. Orks and trolls are more pidgeonholed.
>>
>>48020803
Just another way to cost PCs resources. They may be fodder, but twenty five mooks looking to make an example for the rest of the street can make for a bad time. Stealing or gutting their vehicles, breaking windows, throwing fire bombs, or random drive by shootings all have price tags.
>>
>>48021104
Sure - as long as you keep in mind that your group is most likely comprised of secretive mercenaries with the ability to scrounge up enough C16 to make a very convincing offer to the gang's leader. Or a rival gang's leader. Or organized crime. Or a corp interested in "revitalizing" the barrens.
It's pretty hard to make a gang not merely a bump in their road, especially with the uneasy equilibrium concerning organized crime in Shadowrun.

One other important factor to watch out for is an even amount of progress for karma and nuyen based builds. If your streetsam is still running with shitty second hand wires while your mage is summoning great forms with a snap of his fingers, you're definitely squeezing too hard.
>>
File: 1460875520674.jpg (144 KB, 1057x825) Image search: [Google]
1460875520674.jpg
144 KB, 1057x825
>>48014735
For my players I have to fill in the personality of their contacts and to a degree the backgrounds too. I'm always afraid i'm making them boring.

How do you make contacts memorable?

What was a contact you really liked?
>>
>>48020419
do they get the limit increase to their stats?
>>
File: Biscuits (Fence+Smuggler).png (1 MB, 845x697) Image search: [Google]
Biscuits (Fence+Smuggler).png
1 MB, 845x697
>>48021420
Start with pretty standard character-building.
Motivation, Background, Affiliation, Quirk.

One contact my players liked was "Biscuits" a crazy cat lady fence and smuggler. Loving Housewife turned Neo-Anarchist with a personal vendetta against AG Chemie and a penchant for self-made bombs.
>>
>>48016076
Is that a fucking pony character? Please kill yourself.
>>
>>48021536
That is an elf, anon.
>>
>>48016093
> Marijuana bush

Is this character a self insert?
>>
>>48021545
Check the file name, then look again.
>>
File: Control rig.jpg (123 KB, 482x339) Image search: [Google]
Control rig.jpg
123 KB, 482x339
>>48021463
To the limit, definitely, since the rating of the control rig is added to both Handling and Speed of the jumped-in vehicle in every case.

The dicepool modifier is actually a question mark. Checking back on the description it says the control rig adds its rating to all vehicle *skill*¨checks. And a defence roll is attributes only.
>>
>>48021572
>nose
>pointy ears
>fabulous coiffure
Looks like an elf to me. Ponies have snouts, anon, not noses and pointy ears.
>>
>>48020250
Lower the amount of BP by 10-20% and/or hardcap the amount of BP they can pour into resources. Just enough to squeeze any money out (most people will choose to abandon money in favor of better stats), and this way many of them will just choose debt by default.

Give them runs where they receive all their payments in the form of goods or temporary services (housing, teaching, etcetra.)
>>
>>48021597
sorry I mean the limit increase that swarms give to the stats. do they apply when Im remote controlling
>>
File: jojo.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
What are some cool things I can do with Elemental Strike (Light)? I must make a Joestar.

So far I have: fuck with UV shit, kill the everloving Jesus out of Vampires and Ghouls, use as a light source, and start fires. Anything else my Not-Hamon could do?
>>
How do I go about setting up a heist? I'm not too sure what sort of opposition to put my players against.

Long and short of it is I want them to steal a couple containers of something for someone. I know my players (at least one of them, probably two) come to these threads a lot, so I'm trying to avoid specifics. Reason behind it will probably be a fued with the person they are stealing it from. How can I make this...interesting, or pop, or be semi challenging?
>>
>>48021874
A train.
>>
>>48021885
Trust me, I already have plans for a train heist. This isn't that one. This is just your standard "I want you lot to steal this for me. Don't need to know why" and have it be, like, a couple of those crates of stuff. Medicine, or diamonds, or some expensive tech, or something
>>
>>48021896
Courier van. For a random heist a courier van (which may be armoured) is a good choice as it is very easy to change the threat level of the job and you can stick it almost anywhere.

Does the van travel in the city center or through less populated area?

Does it have escorts or is it just a cheap and lightly protected transport ...or just posing as the latter?

Technically you can replace the van with a VTOL or something but vans are easier targets for most groups.

Lots of options.
>>
My current group is convinced that if I want to check for marks on my own commlink i have to do a succesfull matrix perception against my own device, How do I deal with this shit.
>>
File: monowhip.jpg (50 KB, 250x349) Image search: [Google]
monowhip.jpg
50 KB, 250x349
Guys, i need your help.

I need options for cybernetic characters to increase the amount of dice thrown while using an exotic melee weapon.
So far i have Reflex Recorder and Superhuman Psychosis for a total +2, but there must be more (*ware, martial arts, qualities, w/e).

Please help.
Pic related.
>>
So, in 5e, what kinda Initiations would a combat adept need? I know centering is one, but beyond that I'm not sure what they'd even use
>>
File: cyberpunk logos.png (4 MB, 4584x4104) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk logos.png
4 MB, 4584x4104
>>48020250
Enjoy your magerun where only awakened get any sort of meaningfull character progression.

Streetscum doesn't work in mixed groups
>>
>>48022097
6 dice in Exotic Melee Weapon (mono-whip)
A combo of adept powers/drugs/cyberware to get +4 to your base AGI
Adept with three ranks of Improved Ability (EMW:Monowhip)
Turn the monowhip into a Weapon Focus

Add all that to your Reflex Recorder and Superhuman Psychosis, and you should be rocking upward of 20 dice with a maxed starting Agility.
>>
>>48022089
By forcing them to read the Matrix Perception action carefully.
>>
>>48022143
Masking, in order to try to pretend they're just another mundane in a pinch.

Otherwise, just extra power points.
>>
>>48022205
Bioadept won't fly, neither will be "whip as focus".
Its basically impossible to enchant ingame, with its high object resistance.

So its basically Muscle Toner 3 + reflex recorder + whateverwarethereist vs Agility Boost + 3 levels of Improved Ability +whateverpowersthereare
>>
>>48022242
Object resistance of a mono-whip isn't that high, it's not a computer or vehicle/drone. And you can always put money down and have it enchanted for you, that's what contacts are for. Yes it'll cost you, but then again, what are you going to buy with those hard-won nuyen?

And why wouldn't a bio-adept fly?
>>
File: Brainwash.jpg (26 KB, 288x232) Image search: [Google]
Brainwash.jpg
26 KB, 288x232
>>48022344
A Monowhip is a combination of a computer (it has a wifi bonus) and superhightech materials (monofilament wire) thats pretty high on the OR chart.
And even the enchanter you pay has to physically make the rolls.
I have looked up forum posts on the topic, its basically a lost cause.

And after having to handle a Mage/Decker Hybrid, the GM absolutely doesn't want to see any of those cybered awakened again.
>>
File: shadowrunner_work_ethics.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shadowrunner_work_ethics.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
How'd you apply Guy Ritchie style humour to your games without going over the ridiculous line?
>>
>>48018728
>>48018746
Just finished it, some of the regulars could form a pretty good SR team.
>Gil is the party leader/infiltrator/jack of all trades
>Dorothy is the extremely lewd 0.5 essence face
>Jamie is the heavily augmented murderbot with 0.1 essence
>Alma is the decker who gets forced to do face things at some point, hilarity ensues
>Boss is the retired runner turned fixer who organizes meets and clients
>>
>>48022428
play with aussies and brits in my experience they will be more likely to give you the humour you want
>>
Whenever I load the Shadowrun Dragonfall editor and try to put some assets into a scene it crashes. Anyone know what's up with that, or how to fix it?
>>
>>48022494
You are trying to mess with perfection. My best advice is to stop doing that.
>>
>>48022400
Myeah... Get a better GM, I'd say, but that's probably not an option.

Try the following:
- Elf metatype
- 2 cyberarms
- Redliner quality
- Dominant arm fully customized for AGI + 3 ranks of AGI enhancement. (The other arm can be bare-bones if you're on a budget.)
- Both limbs customized for mono-whip usage
- Whip built into a fingertip compartment of the dominant cyberarm.
- reflex recorder
- Brand Loyalty (insert manufacturer name & brand of cyber-fingertip-monowhip)
- Superhuman Psychosis

This gives you 7 (max base agi for elf limbs) + [3+1] (from extra agi on limbs and Redliner) + 6 (skill points) + 1 (RR) + 1 (optimized limbs) +1 (Brand Loyalty) +1 (Psycho) = 21 dice to play Indiana Jones while using a specific type of monowhip only throwing (a lot of) Nuyen at the problem.

If you prefer to go the pure Adept way, then:
- Improved Phisical Attribute (Agi, 2)
- Improved Ability (mono-whip, 3)
- Improved Reflexes (2)
- Brand Loyalty
- Superhuman Psycho
And get a Qi Focus of Attribute Boost (AGI, 1)

Assuming you are an elf with max base AGI and you get two hits on 7 dice activating AB, you roll:

7 (Base Agi) + 2 (Improved AGI) + 2 (Attribute boost) + 6 (skill) + 3 (improved ability) + 1 (BL) +1 (Psycho) = 22 dice to whip them into small bits.

Pick your poison. They're almost equivalent.
>>
Greetings chummers.

Building a (core-only at character creation) melee Jedi MyAd.

Is it worth it to get all four of the Improve attribute boost, just a single point is enough right?

Should I get the Improved Reflex and Combat Sense spells instead of the adept powers?

Blades, unarmed, and clubs, if I'm getting SpellBlade spell in the future and want stun damage options, I should stick to clubs right?

What are the benefits of going unarmed aside of the need no weapons part?

The GM let's me use a intuition+willpower drain tradition instead, so how should I arrange the stats?
We would likely have a Shaman in the group, so I'm planning on A attributes, B skills, C magic, D meta-type, E resources.
>>
>>48020250
Punch every player who plays anything other than a mage, adept or technomancer. It'd be quicker than not letting them get money.
>>
File: Berserk.jpg (32 KB, 288x232) Image search: [Google]
Berserk.jpg
32 KB, 288x232
>>48022721
Only get improve Agility and MAYBE improve Strength if your GM allows you to add the Dice to Melee Damage.
The rest is a waste and yes, one level is enough.
Stick with the Adept-Power for permanently increased reflexes. Its one of the things you don't want to have to cast when shit hits the fan.
Same with the Adept Power that lets you get a surprise roll.
If you want stun, then yes, clubs are the way to go, same goes if you have low strength.
>>
>>48022721
>Should I get the Improved Reflex and Combat Sense spells instead of the adept powers?

You want those to be always "on", so no. They're default picks for an adept.

The Knockout spell is a good stun source for a melee mysad.

Get decent scores in both Int and Wil, but favor Int. It counts for initiative and defence; and you'll need as much as you can of those when fighting.
>>
if I have reaction enhancers and improved reflexes can I use the initiative dice of the adept power while using the reaction from the ware
>>
>>48023503
I'm like 90% sure that you can't mix and match, no.
>>
>>48016132
>Ace "Hardware"

I kek'd
>>
>>48022177
>>48022828
yeah, this is largely the problem with trying to have a group be generally money strapped.
I just can't have a bebop scenario without the wizards spiraling out of control. I need a better way to deal with this.
>>
>>48025293
You could be a dick to everyone and not give any karma as well as not giving any money.
>>
>>48025342
If only there was some way to get them to spend karma on things other than character advancement
>>
>>48025356
You can also spend karma on binding spirits, but that's even worse in its own way. The last thing you need is a mage who hangs out with an army of force 6 fire spirits.
>>
>>48025399
yeah, I don't want that.
>>
>>48025356

There is. As a DM you can simply tell them what they can and cannot spend karma on.
>>
>>48025423
An interesting idea, but not how one wants to go about it.
Though, you are onto something. I could start coming up with reasons for them to pay nuyen when they want to spend karma.
>>
File: Orc Mechanic.jpg (84 KB, 500x702) Image search: [Google]
Orc Mechanic.jpg
84 KB, 500x702
>>48025356
I've been working, off and on, about a 'Karma for Community' ruleset, intended for a prospective game in Puyallup or a similar edge community where the players are trying to take control.

Basically, it plays off the idea that karma is a metaphysical force of good that combats entropy (naturally occurring bad karma). So instead of spending it on personal advancement, you spend it on things like natural geomancy (which reduces negative background counts/alignments to toxic magic, and makes the place less appealing to magic predators like Infected and devil rats), building a community spirit (which modifies the dice table for 'random events that happen', shifting it up the scale so there's less spontaneous serial killings and more block parties) and a general improvement of the atmosphere (people willing to step in when someone gets beaten by their drunk spouse, or at least willing to call a streetdoc instead of leaving the victim in the gutter).

By investing in the community, it helps both for RP, and if they put a particular effort into a place it could lead to things like the Home Ground quality or group contacts as the people do a bit to help the PCs when they need it.
>>
>>48025499
Hm. That's a pretty good idea.
I will try to lift this and put it through some testing. See whether the players bite.
>>
>>48025478

Then use a variation of old DnD rules - you can spend nuyen for drinking and whoring/training/ meditation/ whatever, which in turn grants you Karma.
>>
>>48022584
I'm trying to make scenes to show players for my game.
>>
>>48025478
You could justify it with magic being harder to pick up and practice either as a self-taught skill or in the polluted mana of whatever slum they're living in, and hence bump up the Karma cost or attach a nuyen cost to eliminate it as they either hire a tutor or book themselves in at some kind of meditation garden or suchlike. This also makes going for a Mentor Spirit if they don't have one already a decent option if you decide to give the players a leg up.
>>
>>48014735
"GRANDMA! What did I say about swinging that grenade launcher around?"
>"Oh dearie they're set to timed fuse now instead of impact."
"Oh, never mind then. I'm so sorry."
>That's alright dearie, you need to learn not to judge your elders.
"Yes grandma."
>>
>>48025293
Background counts and not forgetting to enforce reagents/lodge help, but a magic-user will eventually overtake a mundane. Their karma-fuelled progression is just too effective.
>>
>>48025739
What do you mean enforce lodge?
>>
>>48025757
Not forgetting that one (of the right force level) is needed for (insert thing the mage wants to do).

A permanent one is nice, but it's also something of a giveaway the mage goes tho that particular place frequently; and temporary ones quickly cost a lot of nuyen.

You don't need to go out of your way to punish the magic users, but you can tighten the nuts on them a bit with the existing rules to keep them honest for a time.
>>
I know toxic mages are generally forbidden.
But would you let someone play a sterilization mage? That's still toxic.
I sort of have this idea of a clean freak who wears a hazmat suit.
>>
File: 1437957758795.jpg (79 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
1437957758795.jpg
79 KB, 534x712
>>48026503
If you want to play an OCD mage with Sterilize, go ahead. There's no need to complicate things by being Toxic.
>>
>>48025600
I imagine you could also just bump up the amount of time it takes to learn new magic, so either they pay up to decrease with tutors or they miss out on future runs
>>
>>48026634
Sure, okay.
Though he's probably going to take penalties from all the radiation, cleanrooms, and other shit he's going to be trying to get into with normal traditions.
>>
File: 1445741770058.jpg (49 KB, 640x408) Image search: [Google]
1445741770058.jpg
49 KB, 640x408
>>48026720
Cleanrooms shouldn't be a problem if you play a Hermetic or something else whose tradition isn't "roll around naked in the dirt until the spirits smile upon you."

As for background counts in toxic areas... yeah. That's a thing. 99% of every SR campaign takes place outside of those areas, where the alignment is actually beneficial to normal people and harmful to toxics. Unless you insist on doing something like living in Glow City, it's not going to be a factor.
>>
I had sort of wanted to live in glow city, but I might have to give that up.
>>
How are the Martial Arts techniques rated?
I heard Clinch with Throw is great, so is Kick.
>>
>>48028447
Disarm and Riposte are worth the risk.
>>
File: 12191.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
12191.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
kinda unrelated to /tg/ but I'd never get any replies on /v/, anyways I've been playing shadowrun hong kong and Im trying to mod the game to where I can have my own koschei drone, I've got the drone and all the awesome attacks, but the problem is it's stuck looking like the basic level 1 version with just the regular gun, not the late game badass version with a shotgun, sawblade, and laser.

I've been using the binary editor to change things and I just can't figure out what I have to do to get that character sprite

anyone have an idea what to change? I couldn't find anything on the forums regarding this
>>
File: 1442225941371.jpg (272 KB, 1024x619) Image search: [Google]
1442225941371.jpg
272 KB, 1024x619
Any recommendations for a mundane Van Helsing, in terms of Qualities and gear?

I'm figuring Magic Resistance of as many levels as I can hold, Adrenaline Boost to help land a first shot (or an adrenaline pump), and a Nitro auto-injector. I'm still split over going archery (with crossbows) and pistols for style, or automatics for boring practicality.

Also, any specific detection gear/ware? I figure high grade cybereyes with thermographic and ultrasound for maximum awareness, and some sacks of astral powder to chuck around if Invisibility is in play (FAB is stupid expensive), but I don't know if there's other tricks Infected might use that I need to counter.
>>
>>48030286
There's the ever popular becoming mist that not all of 'em can do, but is something you may want to have a well connected Alchemist friend for.
>>
>>48030564
Is there a magic dustbuster that an alchemist can brew up?
>>
>>48030638
SG gives AgHexHex which has a few fun things for it. If the potency is more than the target's Magic, they can't go into mist form for the duration and take some stun if you use it to force 'em back from mist into meat.

And they have to make a test or take a -4 penalty for a few rounds. How many depends on the results of that roll.

As it's a contact thing, you could probably put it into a good machine sprayer.
>>
>>48021602

>Named Rarity.
>Diamonds and Sparkles
>Goddamn Purple Hair.

It's worse than either an elf or a pony, it's a fucking Brony Elf. I feel unclean just knowing someone made it.
>>
File: 1442226615749.jpg (107 KB, 958x541) Image search: [Google]
1442226615749.jpg
107 KB, 958x541
>>48030762
Good to know. Looking at it, it just describes it as a 'compound', though it does mention spraying a target with it so it's probably a liquid. I'm definitely not carting around a Super Soaker for that, but I'm sure I can convince the DM to let me use a little plant mister or something.
>>
Help me come up with excuses to bring a flamethrower to missions that REALLY don't need flamethrowers.
>>
>>48031140
The best part is that it's alchemy. It could be runes on a chrome ball and you could carry it by a small drone and then toss the ball into a bit of vampire-mist.
>>
>>48031140
Maybe capsule rounds? Those might work, shit range though.
>>
>>48031197
>Just incase the heat needs to be turned up.
>I'm going to a bar-b-que later, don't want to leave it behind.
>Pun about fire I forgot before writing it down.
>>
>>48030286
>Augmentation P.48
>Vacuum Pump: The vacuum pump plug-in builds up a strong vacuum to inhale fluids, dirt, and debris. An external hose part allows any vacuumed material to be shunted away to a disposal container, as the plug-in itself has limited storage capacity. To free an object from the intake point of a powered vacuum pump, an Opposed Strength Test against the pump’s Strength of 10 is required.

Ghostbuster mistformed vampires.
>>
Is there a better sprawl map for Seattle then the one in the mega? I was thinking of giving it to my players so that they know what the sprawl is like, but it's so plain it wouldn't help at all, but I don't know about using a real map since so much would be changed.
>>
>>48031339
I think there's still the google maps based on hanging around somewhere.
>>
>can't play any AI characters because they are written horribly
>can't play artificially created organics because all mechanical traits related to that are considered powergame
fuck and crap.
>>
>>48030286
Take these qualities:
Distinctive style: funny accent
Aged
>>
File: Battle_dress.jpg (58 KB, 416x773) Image search: [Google]
Battle_dress.jpg
58 KB, 416x773
Going to be running a mercenary campaign. What are the hot-spots for merc activity in ~2075? Any countries that might conceivably go to war with each other?
>>
>>48018971
I've been wanting to run something for a while.

If people from the thread are up for it I'd be willing to give it a shot.
>>
>>48032100
Aztlan and Amazonia are the big ones since they've been fighting wars on and off for years, and the Carribean and large swathes of Africa are all but lawless which leaves a lot of room for mercs to work in.
>>
>>48032100
Read WAR!

Bogota is a big one.
>>
>>48032200
I heard that sourcebook was pretty crap.
>>
>>48032219
Not that anon, but it kinda is.

>>48032100
Best thing to do if you wanna run a mercenary campaign is run it in South America. Looting, ambushing, etc. Good money there.

Africa is literally ran by Ghouls iirc, so no go there.

South China Sea if you wanna use boats and such.
>>
>>48032304
>Africa is literally ran by Ghouls iirc, so no go there.

One country in Africa.

ONE.
The Zulus want to expand last we heard of them, and they'll likely need mercenaries for that.
>>
File: Black Lagoon 1.jpg (442 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Black Lagoon 1.jpg
442 KB, 1280x960
>>48032304
>South China Sea

We Black Lagoon now
>>
>>48032219
I am that anon and I kind of agree with >>48032304

It's got the single most tasteless thing in SR, in my opinion, the haunted magical nazi torture scalpel statted up like treasure or a magic item for a DnD dungeon crawl.

But it's still a book all about mercenary work, and it's got a chapter about some mercenary areas like Marienbad Council, Free Poland, Somalia, Nepal, and Albuquerque.
>>
File: tumblr_maxat8AzAw1rbia2no1_1280.jpg (571 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maxat8AzAw1rbia2no1_1280.jpg
571 KB, 800x601
>>48015054
Really, metahumans always come off as overcomplicating things when it comes to Shadowrun. Because they are effectively a soft way to address racism and classism, but then they also have racism and classism, and then you also have general bigotry on top of that. So the ork means to represent a black dude is suddenly a black ork who also happens to be a Muslim drug dealer from the ghetto. And it's like... fuck. Because the races in Shadowrun tend to fall into the traditional stereotypes no matter what you do.

Hamfisting and overcomplication.
>>
File: 1438740112471.jpg (93 KB, 531x992) Image search: [Google]
1438740112471.jpg
93 KB, 531x992
>>48031788
Prototype Transhuman is a bit too sci-fi for a lot of tables, but most people don't have a problem with you saying, "Biocompatibility quality and Aztech's Homegrown Warrior".
>>
>>48025499
care to post the rules sometime in the indeterminate future when their done?

id love to see what they are in depth and I think its a great way to breath some RP into the game as well as some nice bonus's
>>
>>48032529
So, what'd you say a black elf represents?

Or a pacific islander dwarf?

How about an east asian troll?
>>
>>48032534
I am unfamiliar with aztech's homegrown warrior.
>>
File: 1442028135319.jpg (224 KB, 1600x1345) Image search: [Google]
1442028135319.jpg
224 KB, 1600x1345
>>48032100
The Az-Am war has been over for a couple of years by 2075; long enough for a background, but not good for a currently running campaign, unless you want to play people picking up the pieces.

There's a few mainstays- China and their warlords, Russia vs. Yakut, various African nations butting heads (no, they're not all ghouls, that's only Asamando), fighting the Islamic Unity Movement.

Open a page in the Sixth World Almanac and they'll take about any mercenary activity nearby- It's a few years old, but unlikely to have been conclusively wrapped up because CGL can't follow through on anything.

>>48032549
Sure. I've actually got some time this weekend, so maybe I'll get it into a presentable stage (for /srg/ to point out how terrible and unbalanced it is).
>>
File: 1466517925915.gif (794 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
1466517925915.gif
794 KB, 500x446
>>48032587
Unfortunately those are rarely used in the average game. In games I've watched you generally end up with orks and trolls as the "hard-hittin niggaz in the ghetto".

Reality was already fucked up without needing to add another fantastical layer. You can click two boards over and find broad support for the industrialized extermination of 2/3rds of the human race.
>>
>>48032587
That is precisely his point you dingus.

The Goblinoids clearly serve as an allegory to black people in America and their experiences, but then they also have ACTUAL black people in the same story.
>>
>>48032646
>The Az-Am war has been over for a couple of years by 2075

I mean, officially, sure. But if we're to believe half the shit Kane spouts its still chugging along.
>>
>>48032696
Don't listen to Kane.
Do not acknowledge his presence.
Report, hide, and move on.
>>
>>48032682
Honestly, I feel like I need to ask something like that when it comes up because, well.

What >>48032664 (who is presumably also>>48032529) said.
>>
File: 1442027746706.jpg (84 KB, 736x867) Image search: [Google]
1442027746706.jpg
84 KB, 736x867
>>48032619
4e Corporate Guide, pg 74. AZT offered financial aid to families that would carry to term implanted embryos, which were then taken away to special Azzie facilities for 'education'. Bonus for the families if the kids then join the Aztlan armed forces, or Aztech military.

The upshot is that you got a whole bunch of young orcs (all the embryos were orc and male), who have spent their whole lives in Azzie military schools, flooding into the army. Half the rumours say the embryos were cloned from the best Azzie soldiers currently serving, the other half says they're eugenic babies, genemodded into perfect soldiers. Either way, some scary motherfuckers.
>>
>Go back to Payday 2 after several months
>There's now a heist where you penetrate Russian air space, parachute out of a plane getting hit with anti-air, and proceed to break into a top secret super soldier lab by blowing up a radar array, hacking an AA battery, firing a missile to breach the perimeter of the compound, and using an EMP bomb to knock out the security systems. You then find the lead scientist and cut off his hand to use it as a security pass.

I wish this game didn't end up derailed by bad ideas.
>>
>>48032903

I assume this is one of the point break ones I missed

I logged in recently and did the biker one. That game is headed for some sci-fi shit. Give me a robot or cyborg heister, goddamnit.
>>
>>48032991
No, give us Cinnamon. Or whatever the Cinnabun-obsessed cheer/team-leading AI build was called.
>>
>>48032140
>>48032200
>>48032304
>>48032646

Perfect! Thanks everyone.
>>
>>48032682
Black people don't have large litters of kids, aren't genetically disposed to die at forty, and have metatype limits that put the average specimen at near the human peak in strength, durability, and athletics.

Black people aren't so large that they require specially-upsized equipment to function because everything else is too tiny for their giant hands.
>>
File: Deal With It.gif (4 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
Deal With It.gif
4 MB, 360x203
>>48033446
Correct.

However, black families in America, as compared to whites, are more likely to have more children (though they've been overtaken by Hispanics in kids per capita), are more likely to be poor, are more likely to be undereducated, are more likely to live in ghettos and similar urban environments, and are more likely to die young due to a combination of poor nutrition and inadequate healthcare. They're also far more likely to be the perpetrators and victims of violent crime, and are often stereotyped as being physically stronger but mentally weaker than other races.

This what you call one of them metaphors, where you take things and make them slightly different to highlight the inherent truths.
>>
>>48032793
neat!
Though, now I have to have a hispanic flavor on all my artificial lifeforms.
Latin fire and all that.
>>
File: holypromethium.gif (90 KB, 260x189) Image search: [Google]
holypromethium.gif
90 KB, 260x189
>>48031197

>It's not a flamethrower, it's a novelty cigarette lighter
>It's my cover. I'm a seller of propane and propane accessories
>What if we run into bug spirits?
>2nd Amendment, bitch
>Charlene gets lonely when I leave her at home
>It's my emotional support animal
>>
>>48032696
yeah id half expect some border skirmish/pockets of fighting to still be happing . a few diehards or just some business as usual fighting that always calls for mercs

if I recall I think the UACS and the NAN occasional engagement is some border skirmish's as well but I think they use in house troops rather than mercs for that.
>>
File: 1699689_p0.jpg (339 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1699689_p0.jpg
339 KB, 1024x768
>>48031788

The all-in AI face (mentioned by >>48033021) is actually kinda workable.

The thread she was born in can be found here: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47219304/#q47227051
>>
>>48031197
>Gun Show, we need to bring the flamethrower in case of Bug Spirits. I swear it won't be like the time with the nuns.
>>
>>48033947
while cool, sometimes you don't want to be the face.
>>
>>48032991
I think it was actually a Hardcore Henry heist.

But yeah. We have things like super human projects and mind-control drone helmets and super space rifles (that you'll never get because people want $300+ for the fucking skins)
>>
>>48034014
I need to redo the numbers and see if I can get an AI to pull the strange goal of winning matrix fights by throwing unusual amounts of resistance dice.
>>
>>48034135
see if you can make an AI good at doing meatworld things
>>
>>48034149
It honestly depends on what real world things you're looking at.

Probably does the best at hiding drones from hackers, though.
>>
>>48033822
kek
>>
>>48033616
The issue is that with orks the intelligence gap is an actual biological thing. Protip: if the Klan equivalent in your setting is arguably right, you've done something wrong.
>>
File: considerthefollowing.gif (3 MB, 480x356) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.gif
3 MB, 480x356
>>48034950
>the intelligence gap is an actual biological thing

Many studies show that genetics accounts for ~%50 of differences in intelligence between individuals. They use twins and infant adoptions to control for the "nurture" factor.

Height and intelligence are also statistically correlated, but it's unclear whether that's because they're linked genetically or developmentally (ie: children with good nutrition might end up both taller and smarter).
>>
>>48034149
Alright, so the best way to do stuff in meatspace without racking up bad matrix attention seems to be a combo of deck with maxed out Sleaze, at lest one drone that can aim a gun, a nice amount of cable, way of getting your deck on the drone, way of connecting the drone and the deck, and a gun. If there's room, probably a spare drone to bug out with the deck should the worst happen to the main drone.

It'll be a while before I figure out what the priority spread is that best affords these things, but the idea is to reside in the deck, get a good Int, and use Control Device.

Your optimization bonus is going to be Sleaze, because that will become your Dex. Assuming that you didn't go for Exceptional Entity, you've got the deck's best attribute +10 as your Dex (assuming you have the program slots), and then a further 8 dice to shoot men with. Data Processing probably gets the second best matrix attribute.
>>
>>48033822
>It's my emotional support animal
Bonus points if you tape big googly eyes to it before this one.
>>
>>48033822
>>48035326
its like a helper monkey,instead of helping you get things it makes the bad people go away.
>>
>>48035354
Imagine the possibilities of befriending an Awakened Monkey and teaching it how to wield a flamethrower.
>>
does anyone know any artists that would be willing to take on a few commissions? ideally they would have done some SR work beforehand or at least some cyberpunk/scifi.
>>
File: Digger Petra - By CoraBlue.jpg (682 KB, 1226x1040) Image search: [Google]
Digger Petra - By CoraBlue.jpg
682 KB, 1226x1040
>>48035757
I had this picture of my gnome infiltrator done by CoraBlue
>>
>>48035287
Took a look around. Assuming that you can't mess with mods for your starting stuff, the best value for a meatspace shooter AI is the Azteca 300. Gives you a base Dex 7 when you fire your manual operation type gun (up to you if you want to make it electronic fire only), base accuracy 5, it can run a Depth 3 AI and both of the Sleaze enhancers. So you're going to be running with Dex 16, Gunnery 6, and a specialty.

If you can start modded/want to plan for in play it's all a question of what you want to do with that 1 you're gonna drop to a 0. It can give you more limit (and with a smartlinked gun you're almost certainly above Accuracy 5) or another die to shoot with. And you're probably going to be doing something with a Program Carrier, so do keep that in mind.
>>
File: HT Colored (Small).png (2 MB, 1830x2000) Image search: [Google]
HT Colored (Small).png
2 MB, 1830x2000
>>48035757
And this one of my ork hacker and his vampire girlfriend done by GreenMarine.
>>
>>48035824
>>48035844
thanks for the rec ill had him to the list of possible artistswasn't quite expecting furry stuff but the pics he hid for your guys are decent enough

if anyone else thinks up another example id appreciate it greatly.
>>
>>48036006
Corablue is pretty darn furry, yeah. I actually got the picture of Petra as a birthday present commission so I didn't even know until I googled them to credit them.
>>
>>48035834
It occurs to me that you might not run both Sleaze enhancers, and drop the smaller one for Toolbox. Accuracy floor(6, Weapon Accuracy) is probably pretty good for flinging around over twenty dice.
>>
>>48032219
It's pretty crap, but it's useful as a worldbuilding resource for a GM.
>>
>>48014735
>What contacts does your runner have?
Man, this one time I went the extra mile and got nothing for it.

In-game the players were fast and loose with their identity on the net and a spamlord got a hold of their fake SINs.

So a fixer made contact with them. But not just any fixer. Crazy Eddie McFixerkins. He's a weekend warrior wannabe fixer with milktoast non-jobs from Suburbia. I made an entire list of half-assed jobs and silly twists. I made a gmail account and tried to get the players attention by offering these jobs. Now, I didn't mention I'd be involving any gameplay stuff outside of game night, but none of them ever mentioned crazy eddie. After it was all said and done, I asked about it, and a few had seen it and instantly dismissed it to the spam folder.

Siiiiigh.
>>
>>48036953
for what its worth id kill for a GM with that kind of dedication to the game and creative roleplay. shine on you crazy diamond.
>>
>>48016703
>not because shadowrun is bad, but just because it's HARD
oh no. As a DM who has been around the block, let me assure you that Shadowrun is bad. I still play it because I haven't found anything better (and no-one in the group can fight the inertia to try interface zero), but it's most certainly bad AND hard.
>>
>>48036991
Never even touched it...

Name: Crazy Eddie McFixerkins
-A number of one shot jobs
-Affluent to Bourgeoisie
-Biggest issue is that most of this is in civilized lands, a problem if you're sinless
PREMISE: Introduce them to a fixer mid-game. A real friendly guy. Asks if they'd be interested in any gigs he has. He's an wannabe fixer catering to the wealthy and prestigious and generally clueless. This is sort of a meta-mission. They're kinda like fake missions. I mean, they pay, there's struggle, have risk, sometimes a twist, sometimes opportunity. But all in all he's a wannabe fixer and these are bad jobs.
Name: A middle classer wants his neighbor's dog killed.
PITCH: I got some wetworks for you. The target is a K-9 unit patrolling the defensive perimeter of a facility in the Elmwood district. You in?
CATCH: The neighbor is constantly watching, lonestar is REALLY quick to respond, this is B turf. But the cop is honestly bored about responding to pissy neighbors.
Name: Rival vegan grocery stores pay to drench the other in meat products
PITCH: Sounds like some corporations declared war. You boys ready for a stealth assault that'll knock out an entire corp's inventory?
MEET: At a B class coffee shop. A pair of middle aged ladies are at a table. One's nervous, the other is angry. "'Spirit of Nepal' The store on 13th and Hickory is despicable. We want you to drench the place with animal byproducts." The nervous one tokes up. "we want it everywhere, in the freezers, on the shelves, in the back room. We want them to need a shovel. We can offer you 500Y"
CATCH: The owner is a magician, he does the whole "astral tracking" thing, presses charges if he can, and sends a spirit to attack you if he can't.
Name: A panicking corporate hound needs a dead hooker to disappear. NOW.
>>
>>48037147
PITCH: Oh boy, wow, yeah, I've got them on the line right now. yeah, yeah... I know, Shut up Jimmy! ...Friends, compatriots, listen, I got the real deal on the other line. A Johnson needs a body to disappear. Real money to be had. But it has to be NOW!
The John is out in an Affluent hotel, completely freaking out. She's ODed and dead dead in the tub.
CATCH: The hooker's union will investigate. This is a lesson in covering your trails. If caught, the check bounces and the john is kicked out by his wife, exiled from the corporation, and is a penniless drifter.
Opportunity: blackmail the john for the rest of his days.
Name: Grannies cat is stuck in a tree. No, seriously. Yes it pays. ...30Y
Stop calling me Mrs. Johnson, for the last time I'm Mrs. Robertson!
Opportunity: Free tea and cookies.
Name: Nosy Neighbors
PITCH: You up for some corporate espionage? A Johnson wants to know whose moving in next door to his code shop. This is on the shady end of town, so you may want to pack some heat.
PREMISE: Someone gets you to investigate a company that rented out a store in a C area. It's a prime runner group that's prepping for an assault on an armored shipment. They are not happy with the attention. But they're willing to bribe you into silence.
Name: Beat up the bully by the skatepark. 200Y. Rich boys...
PITCH: The johnson needs some muscle to rough up a meathead that's encroaching on his turf.
CATCH: Nothing really, but you're starting a scuffle in affluent society and you're SINless
Name: Clear out vagrants from the sewers
PITCH: Hey, here's one you might be interested in, the johnson wants you to evict some loafers the hard way.
CATCH: This is the same job as Evicted Moles, but pays a better rate.
Name: Play bodyguard to a wannabe trid-star as he goes to some award ceremony, and fake a rabid fan attack, draw blood, let him kick your ass.
>>
>>48037162

PITCH: Any of you actors?
CATCHes: a real hit is placed on him at the same time; a fellow action hero tries to protect him, stealing the glory; the wannabe actor is unaware and reacts badly; The star is "loved" by some and the rabid one gains notoriety;
Name: Dad calls the super-cops
PITCH: This ones urgent fellas, I've got a kidnapping in progress. The johnsons on the line and doesn't trust lonestar.
CATCH: The girl doesn't want to go back and calls lonestar when you show up. Her boyfriend has a taser.
Name: Dad calls the matrix police
PITCH: I got a hacker gig yo! You guys have a leet hacker, right? He wants to meet you in a chat room. 500Y!
MEET: These boys are abusing my daughter! They are RUINING her life. Well they dun gooffed, I want you to run a backtrace, and make them pay. CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME! Here's her accessID and password.
CATCH: So she gave out her pass, and hundreds of people have accessed her comm. The information is already out. Browsing the matrix reveals that she's whiny and emo, some videos, some porn, and yeah, lots of people bullying her. Inside, there's programs in there acting as backdoors, webcam hacks, and some commentary by the people playing around there.
Name: Yeah, I know a guy, er, girl
PITCH: Johnson needs a face to smooth things over with an associate of his. I know the target, someone of a female persuasion would work best. Big ticket item here. The meet is just prior to the gig.
CATCH: Eddy's nerdy friend needs an escort to not gag while he takes her out on a date, and then to an Ares weapons trade-show afterwards to impress his Ex. Yeah, he's a junior engineer on a new Surface-to-Air missile. Min 4 CHA, needs to make a passable attempt at nerdy conversation. His Ex is also an engineer who will take it personally and hunt you down to the ends of the earth. And he really is willing to pay. A grand.
>>
>>48037147
>>48037162
>>48037177
Set these up right and they could be a blast to play. Shame, these look great.
>>
Akodo Kenburo: Great Emerald Champion or greatest Emerald Champion?
>>
>>48037723
Well, he's a Lion, and that automatically disqualifies him from being the greatest at anything outside of stick-up-own-ass competitions.
Also, you've got the wrong thread.
>>
There any good videos of Shadowrun sessions I could watch? I'd kinda like to see how a standard session plays out since I'm relatively new to tabletop.
>>
File: 1437935957482.jpg (147 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
1437935957482.jpg
147 KB, 1024x682
>>48037795
Shit, my bad. I got distracted and kind of forgot where I was. I beg forgiveness
>>
>>48037723
I'm going to out your shadowrunning lifestyle to all your clan-mates.
>>
>>48038119
But then I'll have to join the Deathseekers! I'm not ready for that!
>>
>>48037723
>>48037795
>>48037947
>>48038119
>>48038143

... the fuck happened here?
>>
File: 1437936487633.jpg (216 KB, 1041x1000) Image search: [Google]
1437936487633.jpg
216 KB, 1041x1000
>>48038286
I forgot what thread I was in and intended to bump the L5R thread with a reasonable, if somewhat naturally contentious topic. Instead I bumped the SR thread with a discussion of a charracter which only appears in one book of the 4th edition of a totally different game. Sorry
>>
File: jack_in_and_jack_off.jpg (1 MB, 3039x1759) Image search: [Google]
jack_in_and_jack_off.jpg
1 MB, 3039x1759
Okay, /srg. The only thing left on the Helleb0re outfit is painting the ears.
Do you know how hard it is to cosplay an elf when you're a 5'5 guy?
Anyway where my gorgeous troll ladies and men at?
>>
>>48038321
Nice job, anon. I admire your dedication to cosplaying this perverted cyberpunk fetishist.

The Datajack came out really well, incidentally.
>>
File: the_gangs_tall_here_s.jpg (234 KB, 551x798) Image search: [Google]
the_gangs_tall_here_s.jpg
234 KB, 551x798
>>48038348
The only downside is Helleb0re doesn't have any piercings or tattoos because he's a big pussy.
Gonna have to epoxy my arm or something.
>>
>>48038391
incidentally your fashion sense is better than the illustration.
>>
>>48038404
I look slightly less gay, I think, which isn't saying much, because I'm pretty fucking gay.
>>
>>48032646
>Murrica
>Russia
>China
>Latvia

Muh dick
>>
>>48034149
You can make a decent meatworld "jack-of-all-trades" AI with a Depth of 6, the "Pilot Origins" quality and a Drone body with arms (Anthro or modified 'other'.)

Pilot Origins lets you become the pilot of your drone and learn autosofts like a mage mould spells. And Rigger 5.0 gives a nice bunch of extra autosofts and drone chassis to have fun with.
>>
>>48038321
Damn. That's really impressive. Esp. the datajack.
>>
Is it ever explained how much a dose of any of the drugs are? Obviously people sell by the dose on street level, but if you wanted to start moving bricks of Novacoke, how much would be a kilo?

We could always assume that 1 dose of something is a gram, which would roughly equal out to 10k for a brick, but then what about the other stuff, like betameth?
>>
>>48039183
What's the content of a small syringe? Go with that.
>>
>>48039183
With the exception of p4m0, it's however much you would inject/snort/smoke. Probably less the more pure the dose.
>>
File: image.jpg (508 KB, 2048x2732) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
508 KB, 2048x2732
I don't have a brilliant image of the jack itself, but it seems to be the crowd favourite, so here's a bit of a closer one for you all.
>>
>>48038321

Is that massive cheek dent from an cheek piercing that someone realised was a horrible mistake?
>>
>>48039526
From two cheek studs, actually, that rejected into a pussing mass of scar tissue. On the plus side, I have defects in my facial muscle now! Commonly referred to by the nonmedical communities of the world as, "dimples".
>>
Hey guys. Me and some friends are planning a campaign(still reading the rules,trying to figure chargen out,and whatnot.) Are there any rules for building your own cyberdeck? If not,how would you wing it?
>>
File: 1442028723430.jpg (181 KB, 1600x1323) Image search: [Google]
1442028723430.jpg
181 KB, 1600x1323
>>48038660
It's supposed to be Austria.

nobody likes you latvia back to /balt/
>>
File: Decker.jpg (38 KB, 500x567) Image search: [Google]
Decker.jpg
38 KB, 500x567
>>48040941
There are rules for chaining commlinks and using them as a substitute deck.

I'm not going to tell you where, because it's a fucking retarded idea to try and do that on your very first time playing SR, and I'm not handing a loaded gun to a toddler and dropping him in a room with a bunch of other toddlers. Just use a deck straight from the books, the Matrix rules are complicated enough already. At least if you go looking for the rules, you might learn something along the way.
>>
>>48041092
Thanks. It was a doubt of one of the players,since we were talking about DIY in RPGs.
>>
Hi, Question for Matrix,5th edition:
Is there a way to deal only biofeedback damage as a player and not do it indirectly by damaging the device?
I am sure it was possible in 4th edition with black hammer but i can't find it now.
>>
File: 1290652090018.jpg (62 KB, 300x533) Image search: [Google]
1290652090018.jpg
62 KB, 300x533
Is there a reason not to play a decker that only does AR and has wired reflexes? Immunity to black ice and biofeedback means you don't really give a shit. And commlinks are cheap.
>>
So i heard that we got drakes now in 5th e, how good or bad are they?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.