[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: 220.jpg (78 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
220.jpg
78 KB, 312x445
Rock lobsters edition

Previous
>>47917785

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/titania-mono-green-stax/

Titania list. More leaning towards Stax, but recently acquired a Gaea's Cradle and it basically "unlocked" the deck.

Right now its either grindy and stax or aggro-combo asap. Its vulnerable to midrange and doesnt work against wraths and shit. Should I just say fuck it and go the Aveneger of Zendikar/Craterhoof route with TnN?
>>
>>47941798
I'm trying to improve my Sydri, Galvanic Genius deck. It ain't as fast or as consistent as I would like it to be.

I'm also trying to slap together a Sidisi, Brood Tyrant. Any general tips or tricks for that one?
>>
>>47941929

Titania is pretty fun

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-03-16-titania-protector-of-argoth/
>>
>>47942013
Get Old-Kozilek or OldMog, run enchantment/artifact hate (RIP and Tormod's are literally game enders for you), Rooftop Storm.
>>
How good is Myojin of Life's Web as a commander? Likewise, what Kamigawa commanders are not shit?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-06-16-BVv-omnath-edh/

First building an EDH list. Going with mono green ramp elves and land fetch. Are there any cards I'm missing? What should I add? Is it crap.dek?

Be gentle senpai
>>
>>47942210
Blow out potential is huge, put it in something with lots of draw and cheat all of it into play.

Fun times.
>>
>>47942210
Literally useless, you'll never get a divinity counter without bouncing it to your hand.
Plenty of Kamigawa commanders aren't shit, just look for effects that actually look usable.
>>
File: 1418161986708.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1418161986708.gif
3 MB, 500x500
>tfw says you're a no-fun faggot for killing the entire table with his own psychosis crawler
>>
>>47942280
>tfw I killed the board using a psychosis crawler with nekusar

Say what you will about me but I play him as grixis midrange
>>
File: Image.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
>playing boros
>got heartless hidetsugu out
>being ignored because im the guy in the group with weakest decks
>play out gisela
>activate heartless
>kill everyone with one ability
>get called a faggot even tho they had plenty of time to kill of heartless

some people just have no chill
>>
Best burn spells for the format? I know that's a fucky question given that it is a multiplayer format where life totals are doubled, but burn is still one of the best ways of dealing with walkers and kills most creatures.

And hey, direct damage for that final bit of life is very satisfying. So, what burn is worth running?
>>
>>47942617
>Burn
>EDH
Uhh that's a strange question.
Burn isn't used so much simply because the heightened life totals and is generally not used in my playgroup simply because of the loss of power; insofar as dealing with walkers, creatures and 'destroy target permanent' are generally pretty go-to.
>>
>>47942617

Comet storm gets a lot of hate for being a mythic rare in that one modern masters set, but it's pretty damn powerful and doesn't require any luck or deck manipulation like bonfire of the damned

Banefire is also strong, especially for "that final bit of life" given its uncounterable and unpreventable
>>
File: 20160624_131705.jpg (5 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160624_131705.jpg
5 MB, 4128x2322
Rate/judge me

No foil Gahiji makes me sad.
>>
>>47942664
>caring about foils
Autist detected. I buy the cheapest / ugliest versions of every card on principle.
>>
File: death.jpg (160 KB, 1920x796) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
160 KB, 1920x796
For someone who has never played MtG, is EDH.Commander a good jumping off point?
>>
>>47942675
Foils are often the ugliest god damned things around but I (not him) buy them when I can just because.
Faggot
>>
>>47942675
I can afford to pimp out my decks. Price is not a barrier for me. So I go full autism and my dick gets hard when someone looks twice as my foil Force of Will or Vampiric Tutor. Sue me.
>>
>>47942679
If you get a casual enough playgroup who is willing to teach you and not be faggots, yeah.
>>
>>47942664

Yeah, I got mine altered but it's still not foil.
>>
>>47942639
I think people underestimate dealing 5-6 damage to a walker or creature. Destroy target permanent is usually at least 3 mana, in two colors and often sorcery speed.

And I did say it was a fucky question.

>>47942651
True. X spells help a lot given how they operate, but they are fairly mana inefficient, especially with the amount of counterspells in the format. Are there any good burn spells suited for EDH that are 3-4 mana?
>>
>>47942664
Oh shit what the fuck is Multani and why do I want to build him so hard now?
>>
>>47942679

It's the format I started with, and I recommend it because
A-people don't really play casual 60 card non singleton or freeform much anymore
B-all the other formats besides commander are too optimized to allow the fun splashy stuff you see in commander
C-when you want to move to the big times and start adding staples to your decks, you only need 1 copy instead of 4, which makes good edh decks you can play for years a hell of a lot cheaper than good legacy or good modern decks
>>
File: 20160624_132428~01.jpg (3 MB, 2322x4128) Image search: [Google]
20160624_132428~01.jpg
3 MB, 2322x4128
>>47942683
>foils
>ugly
Bruh
>>
File: IMG_20151010_224301.jpg (70 KB, 953x301) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151010_224301.jpg
70 KB, 953x301
>>47940653

Go for it.

>>47940804

The black on blacks are really nice.

Also, Ashling is really good. See below.

>>47942617

If you're looking to burn players, there really isn't much thats worth it for EDH, but there are some that are still decent. Check out my Ashling list for ideas. It's old faithful, though hasn't been updated in awhile.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ashling-burn-control/
>>
>>47942722
One hit wonder machine.
>>
>>47942734
Nigga you post the Best Bird how the fuck is anyone going to disagree with you?
I dislike they're kinda darker and the flash can be disruptive at times.
>>
File: Thatwhichwastaken.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Thatwhichwastaken.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>>47942255
Also getting a proliferation engine going before you use the first counter

But honestly just using one counter should put you enough ahead to win as long as the board doesn't get wiped after you've overextended that much
>>
>>47942709

I feel like comet storm isn't so mana inefficient, because it can be an asymmetrical board wipe of sorts, but in general yeah they are heavy on the mana requirements

As far as cheap burn, I'm one of those people who will tell you that lightning bolt is still really good in edh even though it's not at its best, it can kill the low cmc planeswalkers in one hit or just chip away at ones that threatening to ult, and you can kill lots of powerful creatures for 1 mana at instant speed

other than that, there are good red board wipes, not burn spells per se but they do direct damage to creatures, chain reaction and blasphemous act come to mind

And then there are X spells that are more mana efficient like rolling earthquake, they can be board wipes that hit planeswalkers to, so I think they have a real niche in edh
>>
>>47942743
I like a lot of these.

They just need to fucking print an instant speed Flame Slash and I will be satisfied. Just 2 mana, instant speed, 4 damage to creatures.
>>
>>47942675
Sortof this. I don't like playing with foils because they get damaged way too easily and I like playing bareback. I only get and use foils if the price is somehow cheaper than the nonfoil or if I pull the foil
>>
File: 20160624_133349.jpg (5 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160624_133349.jpg
5 MB, 4128x2322
>>47942750
Yea. Glare is a bitch they aren't that dark in person. The sleeves probably don't help.

Posting second best birds. Everything else is low-rent trash.
>>
>>47942822

>I like playing bareback

Literally why
>>
>>47942750
>I dislike they're kinda darker and the flash can be disruptive at times.

I feel the same way. The only good foils I've ever seen are the ones that only make certain parts of the card shiny. The Fire and Lightning Premium Deck did this right, they only made the picture and border stand out while the rest of the card was normal. I wish they'd make more foils like that.
>>
>>47942846

I don't like those as much as normal foil birds for m1X
>>
>>47942822
Yea no shit foils aren't your thing. You don't have a choice. If you can't afford sleeves you shouldn't even be touching non foils tbqh familam
>>
Well, I may be an idiot, but I'm going to try and make a Commander deck with Ulrich.
>>
>>47942853
Some people just enjoy the feeling of handling a good deck of cards in their hands, Anon.
>>
>>47942888
He's really not that bad. Both effects are relevant. Just he's not a lord or an enabler.
>>
>>47942898

I hope they wash their hands thoroughly beforehand and also play on a playmat and never let drinks near the table
>>
>>47942899
What's a Lord and an Enabler? This will be my first foray into EDH so I'm not up on all the terminology.
>>
>>47942920
He doesn't help out other werewolves, either with a power boost or a helpful effect.
>>
>>47942913
Goddamn man, learn to live a little. I bet you care about whether or not you can sell your cards too.
>>
>>47942934
I mean, he kinda helps werewolves when he flips back to his default side. Well, one of them, anyway.
>>
>>47942774

They will never print that anymore because it would hurt standard baby feelings. The closest thing we have is Galvanic Blast, which isn't hard for mononred, and Sonic Burst but you have to discard at random. Pyrokinesis and Fireblast are potentially free if you feel like paying exiling a card from your hand or Saccing 2 mountains.

You also have Char and Flame Javalin at 3 mana, which isn't too bad. Once you hit 4 mana, you should be looking at 5 damage, though with a few exceptions like Homing Lighting if you're worried about tokens.

There are also some cheap 5 damage spells, but they have additional costs. Lightning Axe, Fiery Conclusion, and Shrapnel Blast at 2, Brimstone Volley at 3 is pretty good.

For what numbers you need and whether it's worth it, you'd need to look at the numbers you want for your meta. For mine, 5 damage was a pretty good sweet spot, but I had some others at 4 when I built Chandra, which worked fine even at sorcery.

Regardless, Volcanic Offering is a must because it's usually a 4 for 1. Blow up one guys things and unless they're really petty and pick the same ones you picked, they will usually pick 2 from another player since they can't target you.
>>
>>47942920
Lords are creatures that boost other creatures of a certain type. Usually just by giving +1/+1 and another effect.

Enabler is something that assists or "enables" other cards. So, if you had say Kumano as your general, he would be an enabler for your Blight Herder.

He's okay.
>>
>>47942871
>the reason you don't play with foils is because you can't afford sleeves

This is like a new kind of retard right here, sleeves just feel like shit.

>>47942853
>Literally why
Becausd I don't shuffle like a moron where I constantly scratch up my cards
>>
>>47943033
You are obviously a whole new level of the kitchen table casual that I thought went extinct. Carry on ruining your bulk Rares. I don't care.
>>
>>47942999
Roast was in standard. Sure, the flying clause matters in EDH, but not in standard. Clearly they can print good creature burn. I'm not asking for the world, just instant flame slash for 2. Hell, make it an uncommon, since Bathe in Dragonfire was still a first lockable card. But yeah, rough. But most of those cards have all those costs because they hit face.

And yeah, Volcanic is perfect. I don't hate Burn Away either, even at 5. I just wish it played better against sac outlets (deal 6 to target creature and exile all cards from target player's yard, rather than being conditional).

Honestly, I just need to man up and go with Skred and Harvest Pyre. 4-5 is usually enough, but we have more dragons than you would think.
>>
File: 1465845384769.png (85 KB, 492x280) Image search: [Google]
1465845384769.png
85 KB, 492x280
>>47943059
>I don't care
Then why did you reply?
>>
>>47943061

Skred is fantastic, no question there, and Burn Away is a staple for me..

Another one to consider is Impact Resonance. It requires more damage to have been dealt, but it's a 2 mana instant that has potential to kill many things.

I'm actually going through my pile of red because I've decided to rebuild Chandra.
>>
>>47942942

You must be trolling

What if get tired of magic? Surely I'll want to sell my cards
>>
>>47943108
That's why I asked, I'm the guy hoping to
build flip Chandra.

Impact Resonance seems cool, but I cut it from Jori En when I realized the X was based on damage dealt to one source BY one source. Unless I'm doing big red, I doubt that'll be much more than 6.
>>
File: r8.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
r8.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>47942664

Bretty gud taste senpai
>>
>>47943033

Sleeves also protect your cards from dust and spittle

Idk how a person can think sleeves feel bad but that's subjective so no point arguing
>>
>>47943061
Fated Conflagration and Stoke the Flame are okay. Cone of Flame can be amazing vs. decks with lots of low toughness utility creatures. Prophetic Bolt and Bituminous Blast if you aren't monocolored.
>>
>>47943197
Bit blast and prophetic bolt are so fucking great. No better feeling in the world.
>>
>>47943019
Well, I can't use Arlinn Kord as my Commander so Ulrich will have to do.
>>
>>47943033
What kind of garbage ass sleeves are you using? Good sleeves feel fine
>>
>>47943271
Most people suggest Ruric Thar as he punishes players from casting spells.

I like Radha because she fuels Rootwalla and Firebreathing abilities, which is an easy way of triggering flips.

But Ulritch is fine. Go for it.
>>
How do you guys feels about net decking in edh? I'm not against it, as I feel it's the same as just "choosing a character", and it should be more about how well you play the game. Is it sacrilege to you?
>>
File: image.png (116 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116 KB, 223x311
Are tapping decks viable in a hugely creature heavy meta? I feel like the strategy in deciding who to tap and block and etc would be rewarding and fun, but I have never seen this "archetype" at even the weakest power levels of play.
>>
>>47942604
It's weird how hidetsugu + gisela only kills players at even life totals, I've never been able to kill everyone at the table with it :/
>>
>>47943296
Holy shit man can you just not accept that I don't like playing with sleeves? You sound like this guy in my group
>>
>>47943459

Lots of autism on /tg/, just ignore it and move on.
>>
>>47943143

You can use it on opponent's turns after they swing into something, or even use it to supplement another spell you cast like Offering.

Oh, don't forget Dual Casting. You won't get it often, but when you do, gg.
>>
>>47942604
Man I really want to build him but I have too much mono-red already
>>
>>47943459
Some people dont like living
>>
File: ftl48_toshiroSplash.jpg (55 KB, 620x383) Image search: [Google]
ftl48_toshiroSplash.jpg
55 KB, 620x383
>>47943347
If you want something similar I'd suggest a commander like pic related. You get all the diplomacy out of it and you actually have a way to protect yourself permanently rather than temporarily like with tapping.

saying "i'll kill this guy if you do this." is the same as "i'll tap this guy if you do this." except killing it also clears the way for yourself without requiring more investment. you can always draw into killspells, drawing into tap spells doesn't have the potential to save your ass from a beating like killspells do.
>>
>>47943459

can you not just accept that you're a retarded faggot?

lol just playing, but really thats how you sound

who said anything about not accepting? we are talking on the internet (though im not the guy you were responding to there), all of us have already accepted that we cant change you, but its not like we have to go out of our way to tell you what a stupid faggot you are for not playin with sleeves, its as simple as typing some words
>>
Holy fuck, monoR is a hell of a drug
just finished a game where I was using Clock of omens to keep tapping my Winter orb and Untap my Mana Vault for crazy value until I played Lodestone Golem, sacced an artifact to slobad to make it indestructible and Jokulhaups'd
>>
>>47943928

thats not really mono red tho, you're playing mono brown splash red
>>
>>47943944
That's my main problem with monored in EDH.

It is why when I make a monored deck, it'll be absolute garbage, because I hate monobrown but I want it to be a slow deck.
>>
File: thaliacatharheretic.jpg (35 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
thaliacatharheretic.jpg
35 KB, 265x370
I am thinking of Thalia for my next general, how aids can the deck get?
>Winter Orb
>Torpor Orb
>Clock of Omens
>Blond Obedience
>Aethersworn Canonist
>Eidelon of Rhetoric
>Silent Arbiter
>>
>>47943993
I wish you made more jokes besides Blond Obedience.

Clock of Womens
Aetherworn Canonist
>>
>>47943993
What does this do?
>>
>>47944081

First strike
Non basics and creatures etb tapped.
>>
File: 1428284614072.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
1428284614072.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-06-16-borborygmos-enraged-edh/

Just finished a Bobo Enraged deck, looking for tips and suggestions.
>>
>>47944081

"Thalia, Cathar Heretic"
2W
First strike

Creatures and nonbasic lands your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
3/2
>>
Looking for suggests of what to cut.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dakkon-blackblade-edh-4/

Kind of too close to the deck to be objective at the moment.
>>
>>47943157
>Dat Jaya
I absolutely love that foiling
>>
>>47943980

maybe zirilan?

he's a slowish, midrangey deck but he works decently well because of the inherent card advantage of tutoring every turn
>>
>>47944399
Well, I appreciate the suggestion, but as evidenced by my previous post, I am a super picky bastard and repeatable tutoring ain't my jam. Mainly for the same reasons, the game ends up being too samey. I do like the toolbox aspect he brings, but I am so used to that fucker just being Dragon Tyrant, gg?

I'll be messing around. I just love red so much, but I have no monored deck for some reason.
>>
>>47943993

kismet, cataclysm (or cataclysm with it that betrays), hokori, dust drinker.

off the top of my head.
>>
File: 1465861033237.jpg (31 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465861033237.jpg
31 KB, 600x600
Just got back from a game of Planechase Commander". One of the worst things my group has ever decided
>>
File: 1352149038043.gif (625 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1352149038043.gif
625 KB, 500x500
>>47945202
I use my commander deck when me and my friends play Planechase casually Starting at 20 life of course. Pretty fun desu.
>>
>>47942210

I love the card but it's obviously better in the 99
>>
>>47944608

yeah just a suggestion

Have you ever played with a tutor general before though? I feel like people on /tg/ have this overblown fear of games all being the same when in my experience that's just not the case
>>
>>47945351
Not him, but I play Zirilan and it's absolutely not the case. It's a super fun deck to pilot
>>
>>47945351
>>47945387
The closest thing I've had to a tutor general was Sapling of the Colfenor deck that ran Breeding Pod variants and dug pretty deep with Top and various similar effects. I ended up taking it apart, because I saw so much of the deck every game.

I specifically built Reki instead of Sisay and love it. And the one time I built a list for Sidisi Undead Vizier or Yisan Wandering Bard, it was miserable.
>>
>>47945564

>closet thing I've had to a tutor general is (not a tutor general)
>I built a list for (2 tutor generals)
>it was miserable

You make no sense, if you only had lists then how would you know they were miserable? And if you played with them then why would you say the closest to tutor general was a non tutor general?
>>
>>47942724
D-It's a lot easier to trade cards for, since you only need one of a kind. So you can trade with others fairly well.
>>
mana drain is getting a judge printing....my poor wallet.
>>
>>47945706

Mana drain is so stupid, I want to strangle whoever designed it
>>
>>47945728
that is a pretty bold statement, care to elaborate?
>>
>>47945728
It was designed when mana burn was a thing if that helps, anon.
>>
>>47945768

I'm exaggerating, I'm sure the dude who designed it agrees that it's a stupid card, and even if he really thought it was balanced with mana burn, I don't really harbor ill will toward the dude, I just think it was poorly done

and at the very least it's not broken enough to be restricted in vintage so I can't complain too hard
>>
>>47945615
I goldfished them against a rudimentary AI playing another deck of mine on my computer. I'm not gonna spend cash on a deck that I will take apart after a few games.
>>
>>47945900
>>47945832
Even with Mana Burn being a thing it was crazy busted. At worst, you can pump it into a mishra's factory or something. Or hey, take 2-4 damage and have a massive boost in mana.
>>
>>47945768

I mean it's like Serra angel vs baneslayer Angel, I dislike when a perfectly good card is completely and utterly outclassed by a newer print

The difference being that Serra angel could no longer compete in the modern era and the upgraded version is barely played in any format despite its gaudy rules text

Whereas mana drain was made when counterspell was a powerful card and blue was the most powerful color (this was before necropotence if I recall correctly)
>>
>>47945925
Nobody's saying it isn't a broken card, what we want to know is why that makes you so angry
>>
>>47945728

>that guy in our group has way too much extra cash because his job
>Has a wanderer deck with drain, crypt, vault, force, duals, ect
>cant cast anything after T2 or you're looking at a T3 Wanderer

I'm so fucking sick of mana drain. He has one in his Narset, too. To a lesser extent, I'm sick of Plasm Capture, but at least that costs 4 mana.
>>
>>47945961

>so angry he typed some angry words
>>
>>47945961
I was actually referencing a joke, about where and how he intended to murder the designer of the card, it would appear he actually got the joke, you alas did not.
>>
>>47945961
It used to make me very angry because a guy used to run it in my playgroup and whenever he cast it, he usually ended up winning.

He sold it since then. And honestly, he never used it for much, but Christ, there was nothing worse than getting your 6 drop countered with a 2 mana spell that gives your opponent massive tempo.
>>
>>47945962

Plasm capture seems balanced because it's difficult to hold up 4 mana to counter a spell and also it has 4 colored pips

What I dislike about mana drain is that it's a perfectly good card (counterspell) with pure upside attached to it, and not just upside but a huge mana ramp upside
>>
>>47945988
Ah ok, it appears I missed a few of the posts that mentioned that.
>>
>>47945992
you mean commander isn't about shitting on your opponents hopes and dreams?
>my god have I been doing it wrong this whole time.
>>
>tfw have the disposable income to not care about the resale value of my cards so all my decks are sleeveless just because I like the feel of the cards between my dirty fingers and watching some autists eyeballs bug out of his head when I riffle shuffle my foils and high value cards
Even had some autist try to "accidentally" spill his entire soda on my deck to teach me a lesson. None of my shit got wet and he got banned from the store for life, it's the only lgs that does fnm within a three hour radius.
>>
>>47946093
I have a good friend like that, has 4 copies of revised duals, unsleeved. He likes to give me shit about sleeving my cards all the time.
>>
>>47943157
Are you the same anon who had the Evangelion girls on deckboxes?
>>
>>47946093
That guy was incredibly petty and stupid, but I don't get the rational of not using sleeves if you intend to play the deck a lot.

Maybe I'm just awful with cards, but I found my old casual decks before I started using sleeves and the cards are in awful condition. Like can't use without sleeves because they are basically marked condition. The idea of having to rebuy decks every couple of years is what turns me off.
>>
>>47946146
Fffffffffff

>>47946093
I've actually had a legitimate accident where I spilled someone's drink on their unsleeved sliver deck, I felt terrible, but these people don't seem to get that accidents will happen.
>>
>>47946160
I was an early adopter when it came to sleeving, it makes me happy to know the city of traitors I opened in exodus is still near mint.
>>
>>47946093

Why do people lie on the Internet?

Do you think we'd be more likely to believe you cuz you're not telling us in person?
>>
>>47946160
>>47946167
>>47946186
I've talked/bullied all of my friends into double sleeving their commander decks, and when we play at my house I'm still extremely strict about food and drink at the card table, everything stays on the floor or at a different table.

Lets talk about your favorite MLD cards, I just got a foil Impending Disaster and it's great watching everyone squirm when we're sitting at 6 lands. My favorite thing to do is play it with Aggresive Mining and cull my lands to blow it up when I need to.
>>
>>47946005
Exactly. It's also prohibitably expensive.
>>
>>47946264
I run strip mine and wasteland with crucible.
I am a bad person.
>>
>>47946233
Believing that a pair of autists exist in Bumfuck, Kentucky isn't exactly unbelievable.
>>
>>47946290
I live in a pretty rural area myself, ever consider switching to MTGO?

I've thought about it, but the idea of buying digital cards that I all ready own in paper, I have to admit I struggle with.
>>
>>47946264
>>47946284
I run Nature's Revolt, Living Plane, and Desolation Angel in Karador.

Gitrog works well in here, and I've been tempted to run Titania, but her CMC is a bit high. She'll probably be a powerhouse though.
>>
File: WP_20160624_16_34_04_Pro.jpg (406 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160624_16_34_04_Pro.jpg
406 KB, 900x1600
>>47946233
Look at her, you can already see her curling. She has no plastic protective blanket to make her feel snug and protected
>>
>>47946501

Well I think if you keep it packed tight with other cards in a deckbox the bending should go away even without a sleeve
>>
File: Image.png (127 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
127 KB, 223x311
Can a good EDH deck be made with this card? I really like the art and wish to make it work
>>
>>47946811
I believe there are various builds for him, have you searched tapped out?
>>
>>47946826
Not yet. I wanted you guys's opinions first. Obzedat seems to be the preferred one between the two but the art isn't spooky enough
>>
>>47946811
He's most commonly in the 99 of karlov and other assorted white black decks, but he can be commander.

Just not a very good one.
>>
>>47946842

In my opinion they are about the same

Obzedat has the 2 life drain instead of 1, which is twice as much, not to be ignored, but original ghost council can protect itself from instant speed removal whereas Obzedat only protects itself on your opponents turns

Neither card is amazing, they both have the issue of the life drain being minuscule, and even worse in 40 life edh, but they have good p/t for their mana cost and I think the one you like makes for an okay choice in a voltron or general midrange/control build, given the natural evasion he has against removal

the problem being you also need to fit some token generation and or self reanimating creatures to fuel him, which can take up a lot of your deck skots
>>
>>47946842
The Obzedat art is fucking awful compared to the original
>>
>>47947711

You don't like ghost Jews anon?
>>
>>47948288
I like this art way more

these guys look like a ghost mafia that would break into your house and beat you with socks full of nickels, plus based Greg Staples did the art
>>
File: ld234_obzedat_ghost_council.jpg (88 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
ld234_obzedat_ghost_council.jpg
88 KB, 620x400
>>47948336
Compared with these guys who look like the faggot nerds who got their asses kicked for lunch money and atomic wedgied off of lockers, and are plotting some shitty nerd version of "revenge"
>>
>>47948371

I'm pretty sure you're just an antisemite
>>
>>47948445
nah, its a pretty common trope associated with that ravnica guild. If he's antisemitic so is the general magic community.
>>
>>47948445
Nerdzedat, Nerd Council member detected
>>
File: 1362468021961.png (173 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1362468021961.png
173 KB, 640x400
>>47948336
>these guys look like a ghost mafia that would break into your house and beat you with socks full of nickels
>>
>>47945202
How is planechase not fun? The weird shit that can happen is a blast. Any interactive deck is fun in planechase, fampai :^)
>>
>>47946159

Yes, I am a giant weeb.
>>
>>47948336
>>47948371
Man when you see these two together, the new art really just can't compare.
>>
>>47948550

Naya is a nightmare
>>
>>47943993
Oh fuck man, did you just ask how douchey monoW can be? Strap the fuck in:

Static Orb, Linvala, Armageddon, Storm Cauldron (Fucking Sweet with Thalia), Mana Web, Meekstone, Elesh Norn, Kormus Bell (+ Urborg, tomb of Yawgmoth), Grand Abolisher, Thorn of Amethyst, Vryn Wingmare, Curse of Exhaustion, Rule of Law (play with Knowledge Pool to stop players from casting from their hand), Rest in Peace, Ghostly Prison, Kataki, Ward of Bones, Old Thalia, and Aura of Silence are all examples of whites huge middle finger to your opponent.

White gets amazing removal like Wrath of God, Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Act of Authority, Disenchant, Return to Dust, Kalemne's Captain, Austere Command, Cleansing Meditation.

Leonin Arbiter and Aven Mindcensor fuck fetches, tutors, and go great with ghost quarter. Speaking of Ghost Quarter, Ghost Quarter, Wasteland, Strip Mine, and Tectonic Edge work well with Crucible of Worlds and synergize with new Thalia.

Karmic Guide, Sun Titan, Emeria Shepherd, Second Sunrise, Faith's Reward, and Emeria the Sky Ruin keep the hate coming back. Armageddon + Faith's Reward pretty much wins with a board presence.
>>
File: 1308554936002.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1308554936002.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>47949445
>Rule of Law (play with Knowledge Pool to stop players from casting from their hand)
That is fucking incredible. I'm going to build mono-white now
>>
>>47949529

It's not a great combo since you can't cast spells either

If you have a really strong commander and can get it out after a board wipe, it can work, but it seems pretty magical Christmas land to me
>>
>>47949577
True

But I'm still going to build mono-white control
>>
File: 1279356333227.png (173 KB, 284x361) Image search: [Google]
1279356333227.png
173 KB, 284x361
so i started a project to share cards between decks, and this is what i came up with

http://tappedout.net/mtg-deck-folders/the-white-black-complex/

the problem im having is my white black deck seems underwhelming, and mimeoplasm is a tad too inconsistant. what do i do?
>>
>>47949596

I didn't mean to dissuade you from that, mono white control is dope

Although strictly speaking "control" is not really what we're talking about, stax/hate and control are different

Control is about 1 for 1's and drawing more cards than your opponent, so you can always answe whatever they play, monowhite is not great at this, although board wipes can be good card advantage

Stax on the other hand tries to bottleneck your opponents resources in some way to prevent them from leveraging their cards, if they have more cards than you, don't let them have the mana to cast then, or if they have more mana than you, don't let them cast as many spells as they'd like

Red and white are good stax colors and can support a control deck but not on their own, blue and black are good for stax too, but blue and black are generally more about control
>>
File: med_burned-and-pillaged-ftc.jpg (90 KB, 336x480) Image search: [Google]
med_burned-and-pillaged-ftc.jpg
90 KB, 336x480
>>47949682
Stax sounds like the good shit, I love bottlenecking resources
>>
>>47949727

Greyjoy pickers please go stay go
>>
>>47948606
We do honestly need more ghost art where they're horrible imposing black phantoms instead of see through white or blue dude.

Stuff like Uninvited Geist, OG orzhova and Pale Rider. Also kamigawa spirits got some damn nice charm.
>>
File: raven47.jpg (59 KB, 420x600) Image search: [Google]
raven47.jpg
59 KB, 420x600
>>47949838
>He's never played GJ Choke
They are similar
>>
File: DanBackslide-312682_480_360.jpg (50 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
DanBackslide-312682_480_360.jpg
50 KB, 480x360
>>47946264
All my decks involving white run cleansing.
>>
>>47950122
But cleansing is bad
>>
>>47950089
faggot greyjoys get what they are deserved. stay on your island

sincerely yours,

lanisters
>>
>>47950140
No its not you faggot, just because you can't control your opponents because you suck doesn't mean the card is bad
>>
File: coreset165.jpg (104 KB, 420x600) Image search: [Google]
coreset165.jpg
104 KB, 420x600
>>47950168
But what will you do now that we have stolen all your money
>>
File: Martyr's Cry.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Martyr's Cry.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
Post your spiciest of techs.
>>
>>47950203
But cleansing is bad anon.

Cleansing is not a land destruction spell. It's a burn spell that lets your opponent decide how much their life total is worth. Cleansing is never going to successfully destroy a players manabase. Just spring for the one extra mana for armageddon, or run the superior acidic soil card.
>>
I'm working on an Odric, Lunarch Marshall deck.

What it's missing is card draw. Can anyone recommend some good card draw for mono-white? I don't wanna be top-decking, obviously.

p.s. I'm still a newb
>>
File: 1400884755448.jpg (27 KB, 277x291) Image search: [Google]
1400884755448.jpg
27 KB, 277x291
>>47950089

>Not being Martell master race
>>
File: 245.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
>>47950266
My meta is very heavy on black

>>47950287
Mentor of the Meek
Staff of Nin
Mind's Eye

White is pretty bad with draw
>>
>>47950140
not really
>>
>>47950287
See:
>>47950266
>>
>>47950220
obviously we crush your ass with wildfire. here bomb. fuck you.
>>
>>47950287
skullclamp
lorestoneseeker's stone
mentor of the meek
bygone Bishop
Jayemdae Tome
armistice
>>
>>47950297
but, the only good martells were killed already.
>>
File: agot.jpg (635 KB, 1004x1208) Image search: [Google]
agot.jpg
635 KB, 1004x1208
>>47950297
Back when I played there was a fucking brutal Martell deck in my meta. This was before the emergency Prince's Plans errata. It was a crazy deck to play against, guy who played it regularly hit Top 8 at Worlds, and I beat his ass into the dirt with GJ Choke. Probably the highlight of my card game career
>>
File: Debt of Loyalty.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Debt of Loyalty.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>all these glorious white cards and discussion ITT
I'm feeling it.
>>
File: ffg_gallery_11_318858.jpg (57 KB, 414x290) Image search: [Google]
ffg_gallery_11_318858.jpg
57 KB, 414x290
>>47950317
>tries to Wildfire Assault
>GJ chokes out initiative so your plot resolves last
Have a Wrath, AGOT-style :^)
>>
File: Well of Knowledge.jpg (56 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Well of Knowledge.jpg
56 KB, 312x445
>>47950287
>>47950266
>>
>>47950304
>>47950203
>>47950122

Cleansing is not worth running in any deck

As the other poster said, it's not an MLD spell, it's a burn spell, and burn is bad in edh
>>
>>47950404
right, so theres a card game?
>>
>>47950417

I don't like this at all, might as well run howling mine if you don't care about giving your opponents cards

You should care though
>>
>>47950471
not him, but shit that might be something to run in a deck that tax's the shit out of people. give them the choice to draw cards instead of attacking or something. i like that idea of making them make decisions
>>
>>47950500
>>47950471
Kruphix
>>
>>47944110
Would it be a good idea to run this in a red-brown deck with a liw curve and lots of rocks?
>>
File: kr98.jpg (42 KB, 272x380) Image search: [Google]
kr98.jpg
42 KB, 272x380
>>47950457
Yeh

Shit's fun, and arguably better at multiplayer than EDH because table politics and multiplayer mechanics are built into the game

I have never played a deck that is as balls-out glass cannon as Noble Cause Holy rush. Amazingly fun deck, either win within 3 turns or die horribly. And you HAVE to win within those 3 turns, or you completely run out of gas and eat shit from the other players
>>
>>47950438
>burn is bad in edh

Do you play the most casual and lame ass games? Burn can be effective, you're just a faggot.
>>
>>47950544
>"you draw 1 less card during the draw phase"
>you automatically draw multiple cards in your draw step in this game
What the fuck is this game
>>
>>47943426
You should build a hidetsugu deck then, its fun trying to stay at odd life while putting everyone at even
>>
>>47949445
Can confirm my friends plays Hikori and holy fuck i takes people to even attempt to take him down once he gets going
>>
File: leonin-relic-warder.jpg (63 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
leonin-relic-warder.jpg
63 KB, 480x680
>playing at the LGS
>I'm Kataki, other decks are Zada, Kiki-Jiki, Maelstrom Wanderer, and Geth
>after a Destructive Force from Wanderer, we're all trying to rebuild, we know that a bane of progress is coming
>I'm being beaten down by Wanderer's Chancellor of the Spires
>Kiki player has a Spine of Ish Sah on board from before the MLD but doesn't have the mana to replay it
>play pic related, exile spine
>get beaten down to five
>finally draw fourth land to Restoration Angel my relic warder, give Kiki back the spine, only other target is Kiki's Rings of Brighthearth
>choose to exile nothing
>Kiki player hits my angel with the spine, killing my only flying blocker and letting Chancellor kill me
To give some context, I only had the relic warder, a mentor of the meek, and the angel. An opponent was getting a Krenko online and the wanderer player had a fuckton of lands and was ramping back up to wanderer. I suppose I can't be salty though since I was playing Kataki.
>>
>>47950633
i think hiddy does better in an aurelia deck, really
>>
>>47950690
>mono red players have shitty threat assessment

Nothing surprising there, hopefully the wanderer ran him into the fucking ground
>>
>>47950763
not all of us
>>
>>47946093
In my mind, sleveless players are akin to "bugchasers" in the gay community.
>>
>>47950904

Very good analogy
>>
>>47950715
Up to you mate, He is my fun and casual deck in all honesty but man a two card combo with one of the pieces always in the command zone put serious pressure in a game
>>
File: 120b.jpg (53 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
120b.jpg
53 KB, 312x445
>>47950266
>>
>>47950977
maybe my friend didnt build him right, but its quite easy to deal with heartless as a commander, iunno. maybe just my playgroup
>>
>>47950904
Is this like some kind of advanced form of autism? Do you seriously get upset over seeing cards not in sleeves? You must have a panic attack when you buy boosters cause none of them are in sleeves.
>>
>>47951016

Classic "you mad" damage control

It's called "turning the tables" in family therapy
>>
>>47951023
Not really mad just wondering why people make such a big deal out of playing without sleeves especially for a casual format
>>
>>47950998
He certainly is easy to deal with if you don't have a haste enabler. I am sure your friend has similar build like mine (damage doubler and haste enablers + fun red cards) Its just learning how and when to play him is the tough part. Playing for about a year now and sometimes i have to play like a control deck boardwiping and
removing specific threats until i can combo win. Other times I am a burn deck that is just straight up dealing damage every turn.
>>
>>47951061

I don't see why the fact that the format is casual should have anything to do with it

The cards are valuable, not extremely valuable, in edh most will be quite cheap, but you don't wipe your ass with single dollar bills even if you could afford to lose a couple and not miss them

The reason this resembles bug chasing, as that other poster pointed out, is that you gain nothing by risking your cards this way, except some sort of perverse enjoyment out of the risk, like homos who feel especially ribald when they risk getting stds from their partners

Honestly it's not a big deal at all that you play without sleeves, but "deals" are all relative

You gain nothing from playing without sleeves except a few dollars saved on sleeves (which could be lost when you replace your dollar rares that got a splash of beer on them), so in contrast the stupidity of your mistake is magnified, you are essentially wiping your ass wth dollar bills, sure you don't lose much but you gain nothing and show yourself to be ungrateful of your possessions
>>
>>47949445
I love guys like you, you type of people are why tg quickly became my favorite board.

> anon, did I hear you're trying to be an asshole?
> let me point out twenty two ways you could be a better asshole
>>
File: 359.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
359.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>47950266
>>
>>47950303
Clues are a nice addition to white for card draw, though you may have to gimp your deck slightly to take full advantage of it.
>>
>>47951166
>but you don't wipe your ass with single dollar bills even if you could afford to lose a couple and not miss them

Not going to bother reading the rest of your post as you have made the point that you are just upset that people and I'm going to assume you're talking about the obvious fat neckbeards who lack proper hygeine don't bother to protect pieces of cardboard but you are somehow better because you put them in plastic. Your analogy is also dumb, playing with a $20 card unsleeved is not akin to trying to fuck some disease ridden faggot. Your post implies everyone who plays mtg is a dumbshit that is reckless and knocks everything everywhere. All I am getting is that you are mad because a small group of people probably ones you are too chickenshit to say anything too or ignore you don't play with sleeves. I like playing without sleeves cause it feels more smooth and shuffles better imo than without and I'm pretty sure you can still damage cards just as bad in sleeves

Tl;dr stop being mad because people choose to play bareback
>>
>>47951235
here's one he missed
Null Rod+Mycosynth Lattice
>>
I NEED SPICY SHATTERGANG TECH

PLEASE PROVIDE
>>
>>47951311

Back to the tables turning

lets say you're right and I'm just really mad because of some such fantasy scenario you've concocted

How does that change the fact that you're taking a risk with no reward?

You're trying to frame this discussion in terms of the personal character of me when we were discussing something abstract, not using sleeves is like throwing away insignificant amounts of money, it's like finding all the loose change you can find and dumping it in the garbage can

Maybe you won't miss them but you gain nothing by it

but besides those ad hominem arguments you've made to defend your practice, you do make some fair points, if you truly believe the cards are easier to shuffle and "smoother", then those are subjective things and I wouldn't fault you for not using sleeves for that purpose

I don't believe you feel that way, because it seems like nonsense, but if you do feel that way, that's fine

I imagine bug chasers also feel like the sex just subjectively feels better when there is risk of disease
>>
>>47951311
I play without sleeves just to trigger guys like him. You can literally see them lose their shit internally when they realize it's not some nub with his baby deck that barely breaks forty dollars as they assumed when I set down the deck unsleeved.

90% of the time the over reactor is going to be the guy with the anime sleeves and mat, and you can always tell when some guy starts thinking about "oopsing' all over your shit just to spite you.
>>
>>47951437

But anon, the people who play with anime sleeves and mat always have the same professed motivation that you have, to trigger their opponents

You sound exactly like all the people in these threads who claim to use anime sleeves
>>
>>47951426
I had to look up the term bugchaser, which was exactly what I assumed it was but was not aware it was a thing.

Gay people, you scary.
>>
>>47951426
>I don't believe people like playing with sleeves

Stop acting like an entitled shit, you didn't pay for the cards people play with why does it bother you so much that play with it how they want? Are you saying I should sleeve up my rishadan ports because they'll get damaged or because you feel like you'll get some sort of satisfaction out of it? I'll go sleeve a basic land from m15 for you so you can calm down
>>
>>47951459
Oh it is the same mind set, but focused more on the intended triggerer.

I take simple joy that something so basic causes such strife when the other guy had to go to such lengths to achieve the same thing.

Is it as degenerate? I suppose we could argue semantics all night, but I'll just go ahead and say you are probably right.

I really do prefer the feel of an unsleeved deck, but that's such a small part of the equation it's barely worth mentioning.
>>
>>47951483

You know nothing about me except that I sleeve my decks

I know nothing about you except that you don't sleeve yours

My argument is that not sleeving your deck has no benefits and has the risk of costing you significant money, therefore you're stupid

Your "argument" is to baselessly accuse me of things you don't know, in order to discredit me

Your actions are typical of somebody who is actually mad, defensiveness, table turning, whereas I am only saying common sense

In spite of that I won't call you mad or butt hurt because unlike you I know that most conversations on the Internet take place between two people bored as hell, experiencing very little emotion at all
>>
>>47951552
Off topic here, but I really enjoy your post formatting. Clean, recognizable, simple enough but differentiated enough from the regular posts to be worth noticing.

Can't wait to get my computer back so I can stop shit posting from a phone.
>>
File: tumblr_n7k790QXOp1s9rpajo1_500.gif (55 KB, 490x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7k790QXOp1s9rpajo1_500.gif
55 KB, 490x750
>>47951552
>I use plastic when you don't that makes you stupid and I'm a genius because I say so

Ok grumpypants you made your point, you're either acting like a retard to get more replies from me or you truly are this delusional more than likely its the latter as you would have dropped it, otherwise making me look like the faggot, and your post is table turning as well so guess what? You got what you wanted faggot, an incessant argument about why you think you are morally superior because you use recyclables to protect your cardboard. Now here's your last reply along with something that may seem quite familiar to you. Fuck off

>>47951612
Nice samefagging btw
>>
Looking for some ideas for my next commander, not really too fussed about playstyle, but would prefer something that can hold its own in multiplayer and 1v1s as my playgroup does a bunch of both
Color im not too phased about, would like to try something with white in it since my existing decks are BG and Grixis
costwise assume around 2-300 upper limit
>>
>>47951612

Hahaha

Dude that's funny that you said that because I recently became self conscious when I noticed I subconsciously format my posts the same way all the time

I basically give each sentence its own paragraph, which is terrible grammatically, but when i type on a phone, all my sentences are multiple lines long and it feels right to put a paragraph break and start my next thought

Good to know somebody appreciates my spacious single line paragraphs lol
>>
>>47951636
> same fagging
But anon, I'm the guy that started this whole mess with the claim of playing unsleeved at fnms for my own pleasure.

The funny thing is, I actually agree with the nice formatted sleeve supporter, just because I'm a degenerate that gets his rocks off in an unusual manner doesn't mean I'm right.

Wrap your tool folks, don't chance deck HIV
>>
>>47951636

The discussion started about your practice of not using sleeves. It's not table turning for me to bring the discussion back to that when you tried to make it about my supposed anger at supposed people.

I'm beginning to recognize your posts, they seem familiar, the cardboard crack, sometimes you have reaction images instead, the constant "you mad" insinuations, there could definitely be multiple people like that though
>>
>>47951648
I'm to lazy to properly format on my piece of shit phone, maybe if it had a keyboard, but instead I put up with this swipe garbage.
>>
File: jesuschristhowporky.jpg (16 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
jesuschristhowporky.jpg
16 KB, 328x277
>>47951695
>You post like you're on 4chan
>>
>>47951715

eh

It's not just that you have reaction images saved it's the nature of them, they all have the same message "you're stupid"

Whereas you might see somebody post a reaction image in these threads that signifies how excited they are about janky deck they just built, you seem to be unique in having a folder specifically to troll people in arguments
>>
>>47951715
Oh come now, there is 4chan and then there's here, where a slightly higher level of discourse is fairly prevalent throughout the board.

Believe me, after eight fucking years of v and tv and finally putting roots here after rediscovering my love of table top shit, this place is like the piece of corn on top of a large shit pile.
>>
>>47951809
>there is 4chan and then there's here, where a slightly higher level of discourse is fairly prevalent throughout the board.

You mean how people shitpost about wanting to fuck mythical animals compared to fucking an anthromorphic animal?
>>
>>47951851
Sure, but at least the posts are well formatted and grammatically correct, and are usually cordoned to their own shit posting topics.

At least when people post about fucking mythical beasts in magic threads, they also talk about its usage in their deck.
>>
>>47951110
he is well versed in red, he loves all varients of them, and hes been playing for much longer. if i had his decklist i would post it. but probably. although maybe hes just playing to have fun. i dont know, same friend has a captain sisay, and how it has quite a bit of money cards in it.
>>
File: How other players see Zedruu.jpg (170 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
How other players see Zedruu.jpg
170 KB, 600x860
So I'm enjoying my Zedruu deck so far although it gets me a lot of hate from my friends. Anyone as funny stories or tricks to pull with this beautiful goat?
>>
File: 58.jpg (84 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
58.jpg
84 KB, 312x445
>>47952161
give them this.
>>
>go to the local store for the first time in about a month
>no more EMA
>prices are low for EMA rares
>still too expensive to justify atm
>prices are only going to rise from here
>get $10 worth of Commons/uncommons instead

This is depressing as fuck, man.
>>
>>47951357

also cataclysm - on it's own, it just makes everyone scoop most of their board, basically restarting the game. With it that betrays, you get everyone's permanents.
>>
>>47952161
>Eat a gigantic amount of damage with a Delaying Shield out
>Donate it to someone who can't play white mana
>>
File: 1267323107175.png (48 KB, 400x336) Image search: [Google]
1267323107175.png
48 KB, 400x336
>>47951552
>posts like these make me want to use a deck without sleeves
>>
>>47952278
>Delaying Shield
fun card to combine with phyrexian unlife
>>
>>47952278
> Use heartless hidetsugu with Dalying shield out
> Everyone lost half their life total except you
> Give the shield to the mono color player

Delicious
>>
>>47952294

That's because you're petty, like me
>>
>>47952294
What if it was all just secretly a plot I concocted using lies just to get people to unsleeve their shit so I can pour soda onto it in some bizarre counter plot so I can increase my chances of enjoying my one true fetish, ruining other peoples fun?
>>
>>47952278
>have delaying shield
>pruphuros player Tempt with Vengeance for 14 >accept tempt
>everyone dies except me and Purph
>end of turn
>Entomb Thief of Blood
>Necromancy
>bye counters
>Purph has no answer for Shield
>drop Flickerform on Thief

Oh lawd that was fun
>>
>>47952161
Celestial dawn a non-white player
>>
>>47952294
I don't think I could. I have a much easier time shuffling a sleeved deck.
>>
>>47952417
Does literally nothing but help them since the OGW update
>>
>>47952426

Sleeves make it easier to mash, but I suppose those people who do the rifle shuffle like you would in poker, might prefer no sleeves? Can't say, I've never been good at the rifle shuffle so I've never wanted to risk bending my cards
>>
>>47952452
But I do riffle. When they're unsleeved it feels like I'm leaving clumps because there's no separating space between cards, but with sleeves there's less contact from card to card so they slip between each other more easily.
Or at least so I feel.
>>
>>47952497

Well then I don't know what these people think

Mashing seems to me to be the most common shuffle method amongst people on mtg tournament live streams and such and in all the lgs ive ever been too

And you simply can't mash without sleeves, you'll fray the edges of your cards if you can manage to make the mash work at all
>>
>>47952380
that's like, deep man
>>
>>47951809

/tg/ is far and away one of the worst boards on 4chan for actual discussion.
>>
Reading over this reminds me of my EMA draft. When it came up that I don't have a playmat, the other 7 gave me this weird look like a combination of confusion and disgust. They then got an extra mat out for me and refused to let me draft without it because they were afraid that the cards could be damaged if they touched the table or something. I don't really remember the reasoning, I just used the mat so they would all shut up.
Amazing how this game has become something where people care more about a card's monetary value than how it plays.
>>
>>47952612

It's easier to keep a playmat clean in one of those tubes they come in than to make sure every single table you might play at in random lgs (and friends houses) isn't covered in hard to notice dust or liquid

People have always and will always care more about money than anything else, and I don't know how you forgot
>>
>>47952612
Does playing on the bare table or playing without sleeves enhance your gaming experience? Caring about the monetary value is not the same thing as ignoring how the game plays.
>>
File: zedruu_coin.gif (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
zedruu_coin.gif
48 KB, 400x400
>>47952161
Berserk goat, amazing pic.
I like zedru as well, I'd suggest giving people things they might actually want, so they don't try getting rid of it. Nothing too amazing, you don't want to be playing Kingmaker.

Maybe a fog bank? Guard gomozoa?
Give someone darksteel relic as your "zedru coin", they can't get rid of it, and it really doesn't matter. You'll benefit with it off your commander as well. Just a thought.
>>
File: pizza.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
pizza.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>47952612
I mainly use my mat because I love the kozilek art on it. I also dislike my cards catching on the edges of the table, etc. I'm very anxious, so imagining my cards getting sticky shit on them from the table is a big worry for me.
>>
File: IMG_20151204_055158.jpg (111 KB, 937x507) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151204_055158.jpg
111 KB, 937x507
>>47952694

This is my mat.

Does it make me autistic?
>>
File: Whip of Erebos_THS.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Whip of Erebos_THS.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
>>47942604
Hidetsugu is such a bro in my Rakdos deck. Especially fun to get him out with a whip. Also the best enabler for a ridiculous paincount for casting Grenzo or Endless One or Maga.
>>
>>47952649
Do you have a decklist for your Zedruu deck? I find the idea of actually helping people quite interesting
>>
>>47952720

No that looks awesome
>>
>>47948599
Nah senpai, good choice
>>
>>47952720
Honestly I love the art, hate the "from twilight into dawn" bit.

I understand the flavor, the lore behind ashling and the great aurora etc.

I guess it just reminds me of the "mistakes into miracles" shitposts of pregnant SpongeBob w/ shrek I see every so often.

Great photoshop on the art though
>>
>>47952746

Thanks

>>47952792

Wish I could take credit for the shop. Inked did the work. I just told them how I wanted it.

As for the text, I tried to keep it flavorful, and couldn't think of anything else to put down.
>>
File: coolskeleton.gif (657 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
coolskeleton.gif
657 KB, 500x281
>>47952743
Oh I don't have a zedru deck, I just had the idea is all. It would be the standard zedru build, but with about 1/3-1/4 cards that can help people, but NOT TOO MUCH.

Think fog bank, maybe other walls. Maybe even consider donating enchantments that help them draw cards, or small mana rocks. Anything other than creatures, make sure it's something they can't really get rid of. (Unless it's darksteel myr, creepy doll, stuffy doll, those would be great! )

Just an idea, no idea how it'd work.

Makes me think "zedru's adoption agency"
>>
>>47952720
i have the grave titan one, got it for my birthday. keep forgetting to use it though... it looks awesome.
>>
>>47952743
Fucking end yourself, group hug decks are the worst. You just get to decide who wins like a cuck.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.