[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: Alarielle.jpg (199 KB, 1003x1000) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle.jpg
199 KB, 1003x1000
>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

Battle beetle is cute edition

Dracoths, gryph-hounds, star-eagles, battle beetles... AoS introduce adorable pet companion, and no, magmadroth ain't cute at all.

Old thread
>>47832677
>>
>>47869905
Remove Archaon
>>
File: image.png (4 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 1536x2048
Okay, guys, I need some help.
As you might remember, there'll be a campaign at the FLGS, with teams of heroes trying to fight their way out of the realm of Shysh.
For this reason, every participant makes up a number of custom heroes; either 6 regular heroes, 4 mounted/flying/ogre-sized heroes or 1 monster hero.
>cont.
>>
image.png
4 MB, 1536x2048
As a special rule, all heroes can use their Command Abilities, but only one Command Ability can be used per turn between them all.
In addition, all heroes gain the Command Ability 'Second Wind', which restores d3 wounds lost earlier in battle.
As you see, I plan on using Stormcast.
>>
image.png
4 MB, 1536x2048
The idea here is to have the Lords-Celestant of my stormhost being wisked away to Shysh.
Now, I am a little stumped at why they wouldn't just accept a reforging and off themselves past a certain point.
>>
image.png
4 MB, 1536x2048
Furthermore, there is the idea of having a second, shared Comamnd Ability dependent on the chosen factions, but I have no idea what to make up there.
>>
File: DSCN1194_1000px.jpg (238 KB, 735x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1194_1000px.jpg
238 KB, 735x1000
>>47869905
So what is the most accepted points system for this game?

Thinking about going into a dracoth cavallry army fluffed/modeled as bretts and want to know how many knights I'll need before i have a good sized army. Like if I spend 260 for the thunder and lighting formations (4 lances, 4 Bolters, 4 hammers, 4 axes), and then one last box for an extra lancer and celestiant lord I'd be pretty set since these dracoth knights hit hard and have quite a few wounds

How well would this play? would my band be ok when I start with just the lightening formation?

I've asked a few times but haven't gotten any real anwers
>>
image.png
4 MB, 1536x2048
Lastly, do you have any ideas for Stormcast objective markers? Specifically, *heroic* markers? I need some distinct ones for that campaign.
>>
>>47870096
if your store has those golden spacemarine terrian statues use those.

Lets stop pretending Sigmarites as is aren't just fantasy Spacemarines
>>
>>47870096
shouldn't he have the hero keyword?
>>
I'm really mad that this week we're gonna get flyers for 40k and YET no feet goddess.
>>
File: 1459196532958.jpg (536 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
1459196532958.jpg
536 KB, 873x627
>>47870095
whoops miscounted that

Lets just say just a lightening formation and a lord box

Lets say 5 lancers, Lord Celestiant with Lance and 4 pew-pews

Would that be a viable and playable army? Any tips?
>>
File: Dwarf-slayer.jpg (169 KB, 2000x2757) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf-slayer.jpg
169 KB, 2000x2757
>>47869994
Why does a self-titled deathseeker have a shield? How is he wearing said shield while wielding a massive hammer? It'd get in the way of everything.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 1896x658) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 1896x658
Oh, and here is the last hero I made up. Tentative rules:

Wounds 5
Move 5"
Save3+
Bravery 9

Missile Weapon
Thundersurge Crossbow 24" A1 4+ 3+ R-1 Dd3
Melee Weapon
Runic Broadsword 1" A3 4+ 3+ R-2 D1

Special Rules
Inescapable Vengance: Add +1 to rolls made to hit rolls for the Runic Broadsword during any turn when this model has made a charge move.
Thundersurge: When targeting a Monster, the Damage value of the Thundersurge Crossbow is d6 instead of d3.

Any ideas for a fititng Command Ability?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 444x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 444x319
>>47870109
He totally should have. Thanks for pointing that out.
>>47870159
He's basically meant to be Vandrek Crom, Stormcast Edition. It's an idea blatantly stolen from another anon, who made a gorgeous feral Sigvald
>>
>>47870142
All of the Extremis stuff is tremendously powerful, but be aware that the Lord-Celestant on Dracoth is kinda superfluous, as his command ability is less interesting for the incredibly beefy Dracothian Guard.
That said, anything short of super-tanky deathstars will be ripped to shreds by one charge here. The Desolators are the most underwhelming of the bunch, but they are still very powerful.
>>
>>47870262
Thanks I want a charge based army
What General would you recommend? A big ass star drake? cuz that think looks like it can ruin a greater daemons day
>>
Any word on when the Aelf release is happening? I want that beetle
>>
>>47866998
so, you'd expect them to keep supporting the old game, keep producing tons of army books and rule books, etc. when it wouldn't be making them any money compared to AoS?

Also, so what if they "killed it". What's stopping you from playing? You can just go to your LGS and play a game of WHFB, no? If you used to play it, obviously there were people you regularly played with. Why not call them up and start playing 8th edition or that fan-project 9th or whatever?

People act like just because GW isn't continuing the game anymore that it's like it suddenly doesn't exist. Don't worry, the police aren't coming to confiscate your 8th edition rulebook and all your square bases.

>>47867640
I'd bet anything that AoS will be a good thing for them. They will get more new players, and it will revitalize the game. Sure, they made some neckbeard grognards mad, but those guys will still play AoS anyways, and they weren't spending much money on new shit anyways because they already had their big armies.

WFB was dying anyways. It's long been lagging behind 40k in popularity, and its death was long coming. And I'm glad GW had the balls to actually advance the plot and finish the story line.

I hope 40k gets Age of Sigmarred. I'd start playing again.
>>
>>47870282
The Lord-Celestant on Stardrake has a fairly meh Command Ability that only really shines when taken with nothing but Dracoths and Stardrakes, i.e. what you plan on doing. He's also vomiting mortal wounds in every direction, but he's not that hot at tackling bigger stuff; which is totally fine, since Dracothian Guard excel at that. Instead, have the LC clear up the chaff that would otherwise tie down your cavalry for ages.
Basically, he's a troubleshooter.
The best actual command ability for them would be the LC on foot, but he can't keep pace, so it'd be wasted most of the time.
>>
>>47870302
Sylvaneth, not Aelf.
And I have no idea, I expected it a couple of weeks ago, but we got 2 weeks of 40k. It has been nearly a month since the last AoS issue of White Dwarf, so I am hoping this week is the start of their release.
>>
File: WD fliers (1).jpg (2 MB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
WD fliers (1).jpg
2 MB, 1840x3264
>>47869840
>>47870302
Afraid it's not this Saturday. This weekend's preorders are a flier game for 40k, so at least another week to wait for treelves/beetles/thighs.
>>
Hints from this WD is "war in the Mortal Realms", so we'll have to wait next monday for blurry pics.
It could be the Sylvaneth or the General's Handbook (or the realm of battle lel)
>>
>>47870494
We are ordering the actual store campaign kit this week.

Tthe handbook is a seperate release that will come out after the campaign starts. You do not need the general handbook for the campaign.
>>
>>47870644
Any idea what is in the store campaign kit?
>>
File: Where do you think we are.png (223 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.png
223 KB, 500x375
>>47870167
>>47870076
>>47870052

>Stormcast on square bases
>OC heroes as if they don't have enough
>Shilling Sigmarines this hard in every thread period.

Hard to believe these people exist unironically, but it's right here.
>>
>>47870959
At least the guy is contributing productively to the thread fampai. He's doing pretty cool conversions, and discussing rules and obviously actually playing the game...
>>
>>47870052
When they are reforged they "Lose" a little piece of their soul to Nagash since he's constantly clawing at their souls since technically they belong to him.

The fluff says that each time they come back they lose a little piece of themselves; a memory, feeling or even an ideal. Allowing oneself to die to be reforged is not a lightly made choice.
>>
>>47871073
Ah, you're up early. Good 10am to you :D
>>
>>47870167
Probably some sort of shooty buff? Maybe allow 1 unit within X-range to fire in the hero phase?
>>
File: ub1smht.jpg (43 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
ub1smht.jpg
43 KB, 400x350
>>47870959
It's been a while since the last time I had to use this image in aosg

Seems like the WHFB shitposters are starting to stir up as we get closer to the generals handbook. Is this just pre-emptive damage control because they realize they will soon be blown the fuck out? Or is this just the last pathetic attempt at trolling before they realize their shitty game isn't coming back?
>>
>>47870750
Wish I could share it bro. I'm staring at the email with the content list right now.
>>
File: reeeeeee.png (228 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeee.png
228 KB, 858x725
>sunblood still sold out
>>
File: 1465743210492.png (2 MB, 1904x881) Image search: [Google]
1465743210492.png
2 MB, 1904x881
did anyone comment on the latest finiacial news that the only profits for GW came from licensing their IPs?

seems to put to rest the lies that TheInsider put forth (and continues to put forth anonymously) that AoS is doing extremely well.

It seems even with the new CEO, GW thinking they can get away with selling single characters for $40 and 3 calvary for $100 isn't getting them very far
>>
>>47871384
Interesting spin on your part.
>Over the year, sales have been largely the same as the prior year across all channels.
That would suggest that AoS is probably doing just as well as WHFB before it was canned and would presume to do much better once the general handbook comes out.
>>
>>47871073
>There is no 'contribution' expected of anyone but nice try :^)

My bad, I thought that posting on a Macedonian snail mucus harvesting forum was personal choice.
>>
>>47871476
>would presume to do much better once the general handbook comes out.

Talking about spin... :^)
>>
>>47871142
Sure, but if the other option is to be lost in Nagash's realm, possibly forever, I know what my choice would be.
>>
>>47871476
Reminder that in business/finance reports "channels" means ways of buying things (GW brick and mortar stores/GW webstore/3rd party LGS/3rd party webstore) NOT product lines (AOS/40k/FW/LOTR/paints/scenery). It's entirely possible for what TheInsider was saying (that AOS was whatever %age of GW sales) to be true because that minireport said nothing about what was going on with specific product lines. We just don't have the data at this stage.

Incidentally, the fact that anon's posted this "news" here but not in the 40k general or the HHG general or any other GW-related thread makes me pretty sure he's baiting.
>>
>>47871742

40k general already discussed it as its not just 1 or 2 people throwing shit at each other like this general
>>
>>47870959
Hey, it's cool, if my stuff isn't welcome I'll stop posting it. No sweat of my back.

That said, I don't see how I'm shilling sigmarines, if I'm honest. Outside of owning them, I guess?
Now, Square bases are a legit criticism, and I'm actually considering rebasing my stuff now that there are more AoS armies with round bases than square ones in the store. It'd be a lot of work, so I'm still hesitant.
Also, Stormcast have like one named character, and even that is an edge case. Wouldn't you want individual heroes for your army?
>>
>>47871247
Let me fire off a guess:
A story book of some kind detailing the campaigns backstory.
A rule book detailing scenarios and how to score games, along with some special rules for new terrain.
Some form of Realm of Battle board with terrain
Some models for display purposes (If I had to guess I would say Nurgle vs Sylvaneth)
Some stupid silly thing for players to show what team they "represent" like badges or something.
>>
>>47871476
>AoS is doing just as well as 8th edition WHFB with discounted starting boxes, panic buys, the promise for balanced play, a huge number of books, promise of player driven campaigns and community contact.

>isn't AoS great?
>>
File: Well Abed my friend.png (43 KB, 812x686) Image search: [Google]
Well Abed my friend.png
43 KB, 812x686
>>47871220
>It's been a while since the last time I had to use this image in aosg
>Implying

Don't flatter yourself son, you hugbox faggots wheel this tried fucking image out every time any AoS criticism rears it's dreaded head!

>>47871149
>muh 10am shitposting XD
Well meme'd sir
>>
Wait I thought the 10am shitposter was just a meme? It's actually a real person coming to this thread every day at the same time to shitpost? What the fuck dude, get a life
>>
>>47872080
>It's actually a real person coming to this thread every day at the same time to shitpost?
Perahps, it was, but the meme was forced at every possibility losing any credibility or meaning.
>it's 10am somewhere in the world ;^D
>>
Hey guys I'm thinking about making a board for my Blightking army when it comes in. I've got a few things that I could do for it, but I don't know if I want to go with diseased trees or a ruined/ sinking belltower. I'm not sure I could fit both on the board, so which would you guys go with?

Also I really dislike the chaos warshrine what would be a good way to kitbash a good nurgle looking one?
>>
>>47872144
>nurgle warshrine
Two boxes of nurglings on one base carrying a rough, rotten-looking platform made from balsawood. and leftover blightking bitz. On the platform stands a filthy altar and some appropriate nurgle sorcerer or something.
>>
>>47872205
Not bad kid. Maybe I could get some of the plague furnace bits and use those as well.
>>
>>47872390
Nice idea. The lesser plague censers and the coal pans would certainly fit well.
Maybe get some sort of pot or cauldron from a third party source, too.
>>
>>47872114
found the 10am shitposter
>>
File: Skaven plague monk2.png (327 KB, 464x492) Image search: [Google]
Skaven plague monk2.png
327 KB, 464x492
>>47872390
Don't you dare touch the scared furnace of the Great Corrupter you rot-brain Chaos-thing.

Also someone said 10 high-elf spearmen cost 100 pts in the last thread. any source on this?
>>
>>47872080

a forced meme that due to the low activity of these threads is pushed at every opportunity. others include "archaon anime" and "insert lizardman unit here is sold out"
>>
File: Epidemius1.png (689 KB, 654x404) Image search: [Google]
Epidemius1.png
689 KB, 654x404
>>47872547
If I liked rats I would run the plague furnace with my nurgle stuff. Unfortunately I don't, so it exists only the be cannibalized in my head.
>>
>>47871909
I liek seeing your stuff
>>
>>47871909
Ignore him. He's an idiot. I enjoy seeing your projects.
>>
>>47872574
>low activity of these threads
I mean compare the activity to say 2 months ago, it's picking up. Also whenever there's a new release then it goes super fast.
>>
So when are we supposed to be getting proper points values?
>>
>>47873140
14th july is the release
>>
>>47873146
Sweet
>>
How good are beastmen? I want to start a AoS army and I think they are the coolest faction. But I know next to nothing about them.
>>
Which is best of the Legion of Death or Deathrattle legion battallion scrolls?
Legion of Death has return 1 slain model to a unit in the hero phase if within 9" of the WK and auto 4" run move, and Deathrattle legion has reroll 1's to save if your unit is within 6" of another from the battallion and the same run move.
>>
>>47873429
Fodder. Lets just say they are better of for now being able to be taken with Chaos instead of being it's own faction.
>>
>>47873482
What about warherds then? Are they any good or are they just fodder as well?
>>
>>47873429
>What about warherds then? Are they any good or are they just fodder as well?
Beastmen are pretty darn fast, and pretty killy but kinda fragile. They are a reasonable army in their own right.

Bullgors are great, ungors are surprisingly good as they are the only ranged unit chaos actually gets outside of tzeentch daemons. Bestigors are nice too.
>>
>>47873545
Also minotaurs are gooood. Dragon ogres too.
>>
>>47873482
>>47873635
>>47873658
Thanks for the input guys! I think I'll start a beastmen army probably sometime this week. Now I just need to make their fluff and background, is there anything of note that the beastmen are involved with?
>>
>>47873697
Eating shit and making stuff out of shit. That and rape.
>>
>>47873697
If you're going pure beastmen make sure to run the legacy list. Oh and get a big gribbly or two to summon.
>>
>>47873912
Legacy list? Please explain what that is.
>>
>>47873927
They were updated in the Chaos book, but the original Beastmen when AoS first came out were stronger.

On that note, High Elves: Legacy list, or new list? We're using SCGT points.
>>
>>47873912
I mean the initial beastmen pdf that was released on the gw website before they culled a bunch of models.

It has gorthor, the bsb and better formations for both a brayherd or warherd list.
>>
>>47874104
You do know you can still take the old stuff, right?
I mean, let's be honest here, if you play Brayherd and don't use the Legacy BSB, you're intentionally gimping yourself.

As for High Elves, definitely Legacy. They split the faction apart so hard you barely have any synergies left. I mean, Dragon-Lord only buffs Dragon Princes, no vanilla High Elf Lord that buffs everything... No Sea Guard, I mean what the fuck, those guys would have fit the Swifthawk Agents perfectly.

>>47873927
Legacy refers to the Warscroll Compendiums, as they have rules for all the discontinued models and characters that died in End Times. Basically so that you can still play a campaign in the Old World but using the new system.
>>
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 1000x1000
So, this is what's at stake this summer.
>>
>>47874446
>Dragon-Lord only buffs Dragon Princes
Dragon-lord also buffs himself, which is how I've been using him. Rerolling to hit with everything a Dragon does is kind of a big fucking deal.
>>
>>47872547
That was me and sauce is a leaked pic of the book from when we first heard about it.
>>
File: AoS Meta.png (4 MB, 2800x2800) Image search: [Google]
AoS Meta.png
4 MB, 2800x2800
>>47871313
>sold out not soul'd out
>>
File: Nagashes.png (431 KB, 1380x1430) Image search: [Google]
Nagashes.png
431 KB, 1380x1430
>>47874879
Dude, we knew about the multiple Nagashes thing 11 months ago.
>>
>>47871313
plastic sunblood when

I want new saurus heroes.
>>
File: Blighted_Mansion.jpg (169 KB, 800x654) Image search: [Google]
Blighted_Mansion.jpg
169 KB, 800x654
>>47874879
>lookguysiposteditagain.jpeg

>>47872453

Thinking about it now, What do you think about a large rusted cage with prisoners inside to be sacrificed or worse?
>>
>>47871313
>>47875014
Don't worry, he's just out of stock until they release his new $55 plastic model with more fitting proportions.
>>
>>47874762
Yes, but he doesn't buff Phoenix Guard or White Lions or the other elite infantry the High Elves are so proud of, whereas the Legacy version buffs all HIGHBORN, which all of them used to be.
>>
>>47875248
if he's anything like the oldblood from the carnosaur, I'll gladly get jewed.
>>
>>47875248
>>47874879
Wow, what completely original jibes at AoS. You're on a roll, sempai!
>>
>>47875305
The Legacy Dragon didn't buff anything. The Legacy Prince buffed people, but he was pretty shit compared to, you know, Dragon.
>>
>>47874913
>>47875098
>>47875432

Why do you keep feeding him?
>>
>>47875726

If we don't confront the shitposters they win
>>
>>47874542
Makes me wonder if the Sylvaneth will be antagonistic toward the forces of Sigmar for this campaign. They've made it pretty clear that the Realm of Life is their turf.
>>
>>47875993

No you boob, if you DO confront them they win. The whole point for them is to elicit a response.
>>
>>47876169
That's been relatively solved. Alarielle and the Sylvaneth are still kind of upset that Sigmar locked the gates and said fuck everyone not in Azyr, but they understand they have to work together and Alarielle has first hand experience with the Signarines helping her and the Sylvaneth out. I'm more interested if the Wanderers are brought up, they're the Aelves who feel super guilty for jumping ship on Ghyran and fleeing to Azyr.
>>
>>47876212

the response will drive them out
>>
>>47871313
Email them about it.
>>
>>47874542
Wow.
So Sigmar send his floating cities from Azyr drop pod style to colonize the other realms. Fuck. Yes.
>>
>>47876228
Probably the case. Shame though, dissent and hostility within the Order Alliance because Sigmar paved over some forest for his celestial parking lots would make for an interesting hook.

It's not as if Chaos or Death are always on the same page either.
>>
>>47873697
The Khorne Bullgor (Minotaur) Fprmation is pretty nice if you have/want the models for it.
>>
>>47874542
Sounds cool. I'm in but still unsure if I go Stormcast, Bloodbound or Flesh Eaters..
>>
>>47876691
Let's face it, we know GW is going to excuse chaos out of ghyran one way or another. So why not be on the winning side? Play stormcast eternals.
>>
File: glott.jpg (114 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
glott.jpg
114 KB, 425x282
>>47869905

Is massing sorcs frowned upon? kinda feeling like rolling with some nurgle rotbringers for the campaign (never played AoS before) and this is the army i own

Glottkin
Bloab Rotspawned
3 Rotbringer Sorcs
15 Blightkings
>>
>>47876839
Probably alot of pts in the new system but I'd say go for it and would play against.
I field an elite army as well and they certainly have exploitable weaknesses in my experience. Maybe add some Nurglings or Plaguebringers to contest more ground.
>>
>>All these new players deciding to start nurgle

The Realm of life is fucked
>>
>>47877191
They probably shouldn't have made the Nurgle units so cool then.
>>
>>47877191

Can't wait for photos of big battles with dozens of Glottkin and Maggoth Lords marching around
>>
>>47876839
Massing Wizards isn't mean, so long as you don't use all their spells to summon.

I would advice not to use Rotbringer Sorcerers though, as they're literally the worst Wizards in the game, with a shitty ability and the worst unique spell ever. Aaand the model is really showing its age.

Go with
>Slaves to Darkness Sorcerer Lord (marked Nurgle)
>Festus
>Rotbringers Sorcerer

Adds variety, more unique spells and nicer models. Especially the Chaos Sorcerer Lord is amazing, because Daemonic Power is the best buff you can give your Blightkings
>>
File: StrawMan.jpg (22 KB, 211x255) Image search: [Google]
StrawMan.jpg
22 KB, 211x255
>>47877314
I have yet to meet or hear of an AoS player that fields multiples of the same unique hero...
>>
File: 1415226557487.jpg (19 KB, 513x522) Image search: [Google]
1415226557487.jpg
19 KB, 513x522
>>47877712

I meant a bunch of nurgle players playing together!
>>
>>47876245
no it wont

they want attention, nothing more

stop replying and they'll go away
>>
>>47876627
This one?
>>
>>47876839
The Glottlin aren't too amazing a wizard outside of tossing Mystic Shield on themselves, and the Rotbringer Sorcerers are very limited. Bloab is good, though he needs a lot of set-up to really utilize.

>>47877576
I'll second that. Daemonic Power is tremendously powerful and in the running for top 3 spells in the game, Oracular Vision is a neat thing to throw on a second unit nearby or use in case the cast misfires, and the optional horse allows for swift relocation in case things go tits-up.
>>
so do people actually play this
are they just new players or
>>
>>47878270
That batallion is such bullshit...
>>
>>47878306
>are they just new players or
Or what, anon? Handsome devils with overwhelming charisma and impeccable taste? Yes. Yes, they are.
>>
>>47878270
Damn those are nice bonuses. but what are tauroi?
>>
>>47878349
Didn't we just go over the "feeding the trolls" thing?
>>
>>47878306

Sure they do, I'm a Fantasy vet, started playing in like 95.

I still play Fantasy in fact (why would you stop?)

But this has been kinda fun, like skirmish, or Mordhiem in fantasy battles.

It'll only get better with the addition of points soon.
>>
>>47878270
Wonder how many points that battalion should or will cost. Probably half the cost of a Ghorgon itself at least.

asuming they will even bother. How does GW plan to get us the points for shit that is released and printed already? will they do a mass PDF with everything listed? i can only hope.
>>
>>47878270
Yep. Thx for the pic, didn't have it saved.
Add a Bloodsecrator or two and you really have a beefy army.
>>
File: Tauroi.png (2 MB, 1005x1306) Image search: [Google]
Tauroi.png
2 MB, 1005x1306
>>47878378
An Empire batallion. It's kinda crap, especially compared to the minotaur one.
>>
>>47878312
Huehue, BULLshit.

But I agree, no Doombull but three fucking Ghorgons is retarded.

The bonuses themselves are actually okay, as it lets you buff these fucks with a Bloodsecrator, but isn't that disturbing otherwise. I mean, the Wound-bonus is only big on the Bullgors, not the Ghorgons, the reroll for charges is good but not broken and the reroll To Wound only activates against one particular Battalion.

Still I would take the legacy battalion over this any day of the week. Bloodgreed making 2 extra attacks? Yes, please.
>>
>>47878463

>t's kinda crap, especially compared to the minotaur one.

Apples and oranges it's like comparing an Emperor Dragon to Rat swarms
>>
>>47878393
Apparently the General's handbook is massive and has all cost for *everything* listed.
Also, yes, I also hope batallions will have a cost attatched. Otherwise it will be Lighting Echolons, Great Bolts and Bloodscorch Bulltribes as far as the eye can see.
>>
>>47878306
My playgroup switched to AoS beginning of this year. We are all Veteran players that started with 4th edition.
I like that we can each have one to two battles everytime we have a meet. With Fantasy we mostly played huge team battles because otherwise not everyone would get to play.
>>
>>47878288
>The Glottlin aren't too amazing a wizard
You've clearly never had to chew through 30 Fleshy Abundance-buffed Plaguebearers.
But yeah, in the army the guy is proposing, they're alright.

>>47878393
It will probably have points-lists in the General's Compendium. I just pray they don't make ALL the books obsolete by printing warscrolls with point costs on them from now on, especially since that would put the lie to the "points are optional"-claim.
>>
I'm waiting for the General Handbook before deciding to go full Skellington (Arkhan & Friends) or full Strigoi (Ushoran & Pals).
As of now, are both Deathrattle and Mordant fun to play with, and to play against ?
>>
>>47878537
>I also hope batallions will have a cost attatched

They will. Already confirmed by GW.
>>
>>47878497
The Khorne keyword alone already makes this ridiculous, nevermind upping survivability and giving a highly reliable charge.
That said, the legacy batallion is also pretty nice.
>>
>>47878497
No, it's not. Both Battalions are meant to be played against each other. Difference being, one is shit but not as shit against the correct opponent while the other is good but fucking terrifying against the correct opponent.

>>47878537
True that. Great Bolts is fucking broken, though I'm sure no amount of extra point costs will ever unbreak that one. Lightning Echelon is okay though as long as you do it with only minimum size units.
>>
>>47878599
Deathrattle are in general very brick-y, but are mostly defined by the heroes you bring. Arkhan & pals play radically different from Neferata & cheerleaders. The most common armies are elite melee brick, necro summon spam, monster shenanigans and Nagash, who does all three at once, except better.
Ghouls are tricky. There are a lot of interactions and shit to keep straight, but in general you'll want to use your ghouls and horrors to tie down and grind apart the enemy while your speedy big stuff races around to put out the fires that invariably crop up when part of your battle line falters. Like all Death stuff they are very dependant on their heroes, especially the general, maybe even more so than the other Death factions.
>>
>>47878796
Thanks for the summary, both are still tempting so I guess I'll wait a little more.
>>
>>47878662
>minimum-sized units
I've recently used two Lightning Echolons, each made up of two Fulminators and one Tempestor to break the enemy army on turn 2. It's not quite minimum-sized, true, but it's close and utterly absurd.
Enemy archers could do shit all to me until I got into range, at which point I walked right through the opposing infantry and obliterated his support heroes.
>>
>>47878930
I see your point, but I still think luck plays into it, as those Fulminators aren't nearly as scary if they're denied the charge. The Tempestors giving out To Hit penalties like candy is ridiculous though.
Point is, it's a great battalion no doubt, but not quite on the same bullshit level as the Great Bolts, Neferata's Bloodcourt, Watcher King's Horde and the Fatesworn Warband.
>>
>>47878312
It's really powerful but also very limited.

You can bog those units down with stuff like Saurus Guard or Liberators and pick it apart while taking minimal casualties
>>
So starting some dank khorne force now. Currently have 5 skull reapers and 1 slaughter priest while ordering the juggernaut lord.

I think I will buy a unit of skull crushers the 86 eur price tag is a ted bit scary but seems like a sick unit to run.

What's the current opinion on mono khorne these days? Still gather as many warriors and charge till nothing remains?
>>
>>47879853
Khorne is all buff stacking. I'd start with a bloodsecrator, aspiring deathbringer for command ability, and a warshrine then flavor with whatever foot troops you want. Ironically foot troop khorne is a lot better at TAKING charges since you could set up wrathmongers bloodsecrator ect. behind your units to keep formation, so some hellcannons for shooting could build on that strategy. Other than that, the various batallions let you focus your force a bit more. My friend swears by "the dark feast" which is 3 units of bloodreavers + slaughterpriest and the whip guy; it gives them all +1 attack.
>>
>>47879853
If you're going to get a box of Skullcrushers anyway, fuck the Finecast Lord and convert one of the six Crushers into one.

Other than that, mono-Khorne is great, but gets even better if you don't hesitate to include some Daemons, as two Skull Cannons picking off troublesome units is a godsend and Bloodletters dishing out mortal wounds helps you get through high-save bullshit like Saurus Guard.

Just remember with Bloodbound: No less than 1 Hero per 25 Wounds. You need those tasty buffs. Bloodsecrator is absolutely mandatory. If you don't like the model, make your own with a spare Skullreaper Standard.
>>
>>47879853
Actually, no. Well, yes, kinda, but not really.
You are still all about melee, obviously, but Khorne is all about stacking synergies. Khorne units are mostly okay on their own, but can easily buffed to scary levels with a plethora of nasty support heroes like the amazing Bloodsecrator or the Aspiring Deathbringer.
>>
>>47878796
How would you feel about a Deathrattle horde base with added chariots/ archers? Solid blocks of skellies aided by a moving group of black knights/chariots and archers with king's command ability to feather any target? It's 60 arrows a turn at 20" range if I run 20. And necros/priests to buff/summon and a necrotect for that extra range boost and reroll 1s. It'll give a basic 20 skelly unit a minimum of 40 attacks reroll 1s to wound and a 12" guaranteed threat range.
>>
File: sylvaneth.jpg (555 KB, 900x1000) Image search: [Google]
sylvaneth.jpg
555 KB, 900x1000
Where the fuck are my aelves/sylvaneth? GW isn't seriously going to give me less than two weeks to make an army of these guys, are they?
>>
>>47881196
They are going to released a few days before the Global campaign begins as a promotional move.

JK
>>
>>47881196
Might just get grainy pictures next monday
>>
What's the go to strategy for destruction armies?
>>
>>47881298
thundertusk
>>
>>47881318
Chain trap or buzzard
>>
If I used non-GW models as Bretonnians, would that pretty much bar me from ever playing inside a GW store with them?
>>
>>47881465
Yes
>>
>>47881476
blech. I figured. Sucks though. There's some really nice medieval knight and men-at-arms miniatures out there in the right scale, cheaper than GW, and actually available instead of out of print like the Bretonnians.
>>
>>47881298

Get Irongutz, Get Blackorcz. Get Brutez, charge forward and fuck shit up.

If you need shooting, thundertusk or leadbelchers

SMASH AND BASH
>>
>>47881500
Yeah, the store policy is "if I can't sell it I don't want it in my store". Our shop owner didn't even allow forge world until he got an email from forge world after another manager caught wind of it.
>>
So stupid question. What'd be a simple army to paint in order to get into AoS?
>>
>>47881837
Stormcast, they have very minimal trim and gold looks stupid good with basecoat wash drybrush.
>>
>>47881837
Avoid Skaven, Elves and Undead to avoid time-consuming, higher details or mass unit painting

Really anything destruction. Orcs and Ogres are piss easy to paint and every model is big and simplistic and low models. avoid goblins.

A start collecting ogres box will be great when it exists, the Orc one is kind of shitty
>>
>>47881837
stormcast are kind of easy to paint, depends what warrior chamber you want to paint up.
>>
>>47881669
that sounds crazy

did he check to make sure everyone used GW paints and brushes, too?
>>
File: bretonnia-crusade-1280.jpg (323 KB, 1200x764) Image search: [Google]
bretonnia-crusade-1280.jpg
323 KB, 1200x764
When points come out will we see Brettonians getting their new update finally? Or will this be only for new shit.
>>
File: seedsofhope-aos.jpg (105 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
seedsofhope-aos.jpg
105 KB, 960x960
So the new Global Campaign has been announced, called The Seeds of Hope.

What sides are we picking for the upcoming conflict?
>>
>>47885167
Brets will get points, but the handbook won't change any warscrolls.
>>
>>47885192
The Bret pdf is pretty strong anyway.
>>
>>47885346
yeah its a top tier army. nobody expects trebuchets to be so fucking good
>>
>>47885435
I must be way too used to hellcannons because the treb doesn't look that great.
>>
>>47885167
I'd except GW to release points for free but not the insides
>>
>>47885167
Yeah its called wipe the smegmar off your stormcasts and replace them with grails and flur de liz.

Apply brett helms and you will love your models 10 times more
>>
>>47885480
We know for sure that points for legacy warscrolls are in the book, and they probably will be in battletomes in the future.
>>
Is AoS fun? I know htis might be a bad place to ask just because of bias but I'm looking to get into Warhams and am looking up painting tutorials but obivously I need to know which I'm going to jump into. Just wondering how AoS plays and if its fun/deep or if its something only true warhamm fans will like.
>>
>>47874542
Nagash will bring them crashing to the ground and claim the souls of all who live there!

Cool though, hope it sticks and doesn't get retconned.
>>
>>47885173
eh, i'm death+order
>>
>>47876691
Go Death. Glory for Nagash and the pitiful Realm of "Life"
>>
File: Virulent-Horde-box-cover.jpg (1 MB, 2051x1371) Image search: [Google]
Virulent-Horde-box-cover.jpg
1 MB, 2051x1371
>>47869905
Im new to Warhammer and table top games in general i got this set because i liked the lore behind the skaven i finished building i working on painting now any tip how to use it or make it better

i have the pieces configured like this
warp lighting cannon
grey seer on screaming bell
foetid blades for my plague monks (havent put my icon bearers, bringer of the word or plague harbingers together yet)
and my vermin lord is set up as the lord skreech king
i don't know how to play these i picked them this way because they looked cool
any tips
>>
>>47881837
Daemons, but steer clear of Slaanesh. Bloodletters, Plaguebearers and Horrors are literally basecoat, wash, dry-brush and then there's only one or two details left (sword for Bloodletters and Plaguebearers, guts for Plaguebearers and bangles and shit for Horrors).
Daemons also have the added advantage that you can use them for 40k if AoS turns out not to be your game.

>>47884620
They used to do that shit, too, but current policy is infinitely more lenient. Hell, I even had some people praising Vallejo paints in our store once and the blackshirt didn't bat an eye.
>>
>>47885453
that's true. I guess the current power ranking among War Machines is

1) Hellcannon
2) Flame Cannon
3) Trebuchet
4) Warp Lightning Cannon
5) everything else
6) Gyrocopter & Gyrobomber
>>
>>47887828
Skullcannons are pretty beastly in certain comps. You can take multiple in a unit scoring, cant have their crew sniped, and being khorne can benefit from several buffs.
>>
File: White_Dwarf_126_13.png.jpg (109 KB, 765x1000) Image search: [Google]
White_Dwarf_126_13.png.jpg
109 KB, 765x1000
>We're back to AOS a week on Saturday
Fucking finally.
>>
So, I'm looking at trying to salvage an old Vamp Counts army. I know I ran graveyard and skeletons. How many skeleton should I have for a decent AoS army if it has Vamp or necromancer support? (By Nagash, I miss Necrarchs)
>>
>>47887723
You'll want some Stormfiends (tremendously powerful and flexible) and/or Stormvermin (in the running for top 5 line infantry). Either are great additions.
Also, if you assembled the bell, you should have a plague priest mini left over. Assemble that. He's useful to have.
>>
>>47889000
General rule of thumb: Have two or three times the number of skeletons/zombies/whatever you plan to bring as part of your army list.
>>
>>47889067
Thanks, I'll have to see what survived. The plastic was pretty awful back then, and the skeletons broke comically easy. It's why I initially abandoned the firce.
>>
>>47870095
>So what is the most accepted points system for this game?

In the UK and at my three local clubs its South Coast Grand Tournament

http://www.heelanhammer.com/SCGTdownloads/SCGT16RulesFAQV2.0.pdf

http://www.heelanhammer.com/SCGTdownloads/SCGT16PoolV2.2.pdf
>>
>>47889036
def want some storm fiends and some stormvermin problem is i cant find them for less than 55$ and while they are good its hard for me to spends 100 just for infantry when i can find a Thanquol on Boneripper for 40$ or warp lighting cannons for 17$ are the storm vermin really worth every penny or is it better to just wait till i find some cheaper? im new to the hobby and ive dropped 280$ in just a week. haven't even had a fight with the skaven yet.

how well will what i have run right now is the Thanquol on Boneripper worth adding or should i add infantry first.
>>
File: DropPod11.jpg (61 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
DropPod11.jpg
61 KB, 873x627
>>47876354
Sounds familiar
>>
>>47878306
2 of my local clubs switched to AoS last year and adopted SCGT for the points system.
It's very much alive and well, as you'd expect from a game with emphasis on fun and simplicity.

Can't say for sure if its helping GW sales figures much though when everyone is either recycling existing 8th miniatures or using Kings of War proxies
>>
>>47881196
absolutely itching to get some of these to go alongside my sexy Daughters of Khaine army.

Shame the GW dryads look like wrinkly old women...

Anyone know of a better looking dryad proxy?
>>
>>47885629
>Is AoS fun?

Yes, yes it is.

I gave 40k so many chances and finally gave up on it this year. No regrets.
>>
>>47885173
It'll give me a reason to finally build and paint my starter Stormcast. Honestly though, rooting for a Death Victory.
>>
>>47889506
Paint what you have before you buy more. You'll just get depressed looking at the unpainted grey horde otherwise. My rule of thumb is paint 2 models for each one you buy.
>>
File: 45fQ0Hj5NH8.jpg (67 KB, 800x444) Image search: [Google]
45fQ0Hj5NH8.jpg
67 KB, 800x444
>>47889666
>>Is AoS fun?
>Yes, yes it is.
>>
File: 1402680059609.jpg (9 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1402680059609.jpg
9 KB, 270x270
>>47889666

>that preemptive attempt to dissuade the dude from checking out 40k even though it wasn't mentioned
>>
>>47885173
will gw retcon things if chaos win though?

I think one mistake they made was conceding too much ground in the fluff to chaos early on, not much more for Order to lose.
>>
>>47889601
>drop pod style
>"Hmm yes this reminds me of drop pods!"

No shit sherlock
>>
>>47890063
I think one mistake they made was making the fluff so utterly stupid. The old fluff was already at the limit, but at least it seemed tongue-in-cheek, and was able to still indulge in what was cool about grimderp fantasy stuff.

AoS is just full 14 year old chuunibyou "666xxx_s3phir0th_xxx666" garbage
>>
>>47876345
Worth a shot I guess

Whats the email address to contact them about this stuff
>>
>>47890190
The new fluff has certainly shrunk in terms of writing, chaos used to be this creeping horror that would cause you to fall through A Myriad of impossible choices...now it's all the same my empire/kingdom/tribe is being threatened...either I swear myself to chaos to protect them...or they die and I swear myself to chaos to avenge them.

I am loving how the large realm sizes do leave aesthetic choices quite free, you could have an empire army where the ''Empire'' was founded on Tzeentch instead of Sigmar etc.

At the same tie some of their new artwork/maps are dross.
>>
>>47890197
[email protected]
>>
>>47889506
Thanquol is very good, and if you can get him on the cheap I'd highly recommend getting him. With him, Verminking and a Screaming Bell you'll have magic down pat. Thanquol and Verminking both casting the 13th is just disgusting.
That said, you'll want some anvil infantry to handle elite opponents. Stormfiends can do anything while Stormvermin are reasonably tough, very punchy and make excellent escorts for the screaming bell. Clanrats or Slaves would be another option, but you'll need a lot of them and their damage is pitiful.
As is, you have a lot of high-damage stuff, but not much that can actually take a beating in return, so you'll need to work on that at some point.
>>
>>47869905
Demi-gryph box when?
>>
Has anyone experimented with putting Dracothian Guard (or other stormcast) on a Magmadroth? I kinda want a Drakesworn Templar or two, but I already have a a Stardrake and I don't want multiples of that monopose nonsense. The magmadroth I'm told can be posed in multiple ways, so it'd be perfect once you remove or cover the dwarven runes.
It'd also fit with my stormhost's fluff focus of city and tunnel fighting.
I still have two riders left from the Dracothian Chariot project you might have seen, so those would find use as well...
>>
>>47890719
Fuck that, I want Gryphounds and Tzaangors
>>
>>47870076
>>47869994
>>47870028
>>47870052
>>47870096
I really wish there'd be some more named characters in AoS, or at least more ways to customize your heroes.
>>
>>47891208
>Gryph-hounds
Fuck, that's what I meant. Demi-gryphs are cool, but Gryph-hounds are just way too cute.
>>
>>47891233
This, being able to kit out my heroes was a big part of the game for me.
>>
>>47891233
Apparently, the narrative play helps with that! I'm super hyped if it's decent.
>>
File: 1460468710571.jpg (682 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1460468710571.jpg
682 KB, 1536x2048
>>47885173
Crash these cities with no survivors!
>>
>>47891621
youre 1h40m late to the 10am shitpost

are you okay anon? we are worried about you
>>
Where do I get the warscroll for the Grimwrath Bezerker?
>>
>>47891727
>Grimwrath Bezerker

Go on the store page and it's right there under rules.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-fyreslayers-grimwrath-berzerker-en.pdf
>>
File: Jammin with whole wheat bread.png (92 KB, 374x318) Image search: [Google]
Jammin with whole wheat bread.png
92 KB, 374x318
>>47891636
>He bought into the 10AM boogyman

You're several months late with your dead memes son

Anon are you okay?
>>
>>47891233
>>47891278

You know, you can still customize your models, it just doesn't count gameplay-wise. And while I also wish there'd be some magic item list, the almost-zero customization has one important advantage: WYSIWYG is almost dead. Nobody can tell you how your weapon has to look in order to have what stat block because a lot of Heroes only have one weapon available.

Also, check out Balance of Power, which has Battalions that recreate named characters from the story. For example Torglug, the Nurgle Lord who led the Realm of Life campaign. In his Battalion, he receives a couple of power-ups to better represent the horror he was in the story (better regen, better damage) which lets you use a named character you've seen grow throughout the campaign books.
>>
>>47890031
>>47891621
>implying half of AoS' fanbase aren't people fed up with the convoluted powergaming bullshit that is 40k

I know I am
>inb4 huehue you probably are half the fanbase
>>
>>47892061
I'm a CSM player lol. AoS lets me run models I like and I can use my Daemons.
>>
File: Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork-2.jpg (21 KB, 321x448) Image search: [Google]
Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork-2.jpg
21 KB, 321x448
>In WHFB
>Lusts over an underage princess and fantasies about violating her
>Kills her husband, who happens to be his very own brother, and takes her as his queen
>Makes her life a living hell before torturing her to death and then bringing her back as a ravaged living corpse that knows only pain and misery
>Multiple examples of Nagash targeting women for especially horrific tortures and death

>In AoS
>While Nagash was conquering Shyish, he promised a queen that if she agrees to marry him, then he will spare her kingdom and people
>She agreed and once she married him, he tortured her to death and raised her as an undead slave kept immobile as a trophy in his halls brought to life whenever he wishes
>The kicker is that he destroyed her kingdom and massacred her people anyways
>He did this 7 more times until his halls have 8 tormented undead brides standing in statuesque silence passing eternity away in their misery

Why is Nagash so misogynistic?
>>
>>47892391
He comes from the desert
>>
>>47891596
>3 heads for the 4 chaos gods
>yfw Squeekers only got promoted to get rid of slaanesh
>They dont even invite him into the band despite his promotion

Dont know who to feel more depressed or pissed for.
>>
File: WP_20160621_004.jpg (2 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160621_004.jpg
2 MB, 3072x1728
Ok, VC anon here, I finally have my army with me. So I have:
60 skeletons
20 Grave guard
2 Varghulfs
1 Black coach
15 Black knights
3 Vargheists
5 Blood knights
1 Zombie dragon/terrorgheist with rider
20 zombies
5 vampires
>non gw models
40 ghouls
1 wight king bsb
2 necromancer
1 wight king
5 wraiths

I am going to start out with these (I am a bit sad that I won't be able to use my non-gw models) then buy the start collecting box with the mortarch. Then perhaps one more box skeleton and 1-2 boxes of morghasts and some spirit hosts ,for damage dealing, as the campaign progresses. As luck would have it I am on holiday in the middle of the campaign, does anyone know will it finish?
Since I am coming from 8th ed(where everything below 40 man strong was useless). I am not sure how should I run my troops. 20 man squads, or 30? Is 20 GG enough?
It's also strange that there is no more summoning that 'heals' the unit, I can only summon brand new units.
>>
File: Lord Kroak aint fly enough.jpg (846 KB, 1116x2310) Image search: [Google]
Lord Kroak aint fly enough.jpg
846 KB, 1116x2310
>>47892447
He has his own swag Daemons, better than Archaons clustfucker monster
>>
>>47892447
The other Chaos Gods don't consider the Horned Rat their equal. He is using their disregard for him to plot behind their backs and formulate his next ascendancy.
>>
>>47892391
can he control his size and form I wonder, or were those maidens consenting to marrying a 60 foot skeleton.
>>
>>47892830
He's so egotistical I can't imagine him ever deigning to be anything besides what he truly is.
>>
>>47892830
Someone do the math, how long would Nagashes bone be at that scale.
>>
>>47892391
Where does the AOS part come from ?
>>
>>47893020
Hunt for Nagash audiobook series.
>>
>>47892995
average penis is 6in

average height is 6ft

10x height = 10x penis length

so he would have a 5 foot bone
>>
>>47892391
Wait a minute; when did Nagash have to conquer his own realm? Plus, he has Nefereta as his 3rd in charge.
>>
>>47893185
Shortly after Sigmar found and awakened him. Nagash warred across Shyish and crushed everyone who opposed him until Shyish belonged to him alone.
>>
>>47893070
average is 5.5 inches
>>
I want my Tomb Kings back
>>
>>47893264
Manlets polluting statistics detected
>>
>>47893070
>mfw 5.6 ft tall
>mfw 6.9 in dick

Not sure what to think of this 2bh.
>>
>>47893233
I cant really find any sort of lore about it online, but knowing Nagash's track record with people who oppose him, that sounds like some bullshit he'd do. I mean, he threw Mannfred into a realm where he was eternally rotting, forever. With Nagash, you either bow down unconditionally, or you get the schaft. Look at Settra for example. He also, however, let Khalida and Nefereta serve under him, so its not exactly like he hates women.
>>
>>47893426
doesnt matter how big your dick is if youre a manlet
>>
>>47892391
He knows how to treat women properly
That's why he is my role model
>>
File: 2spoopy.gif (450 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
2spoopy.gif
450 KB, 480x270
>>47892391
>8 tormented undead brides standing in statuesque silence passing eternity away in their misery

That's fucking metal. This is why I like AoS. Absurdly stupid awesome shit like this.
>>
>>47893469
Yeah, I get the feeling that he just plain doesn't like anyone/is a sociopath with magic.
>>
File: AoS style.png (4 MB, 2800x2800) Image search: [Google]
AoS style.png
4 MB, 2800x2800
>>47891636
>>47891827
I'm glad someone is carrying on my legacy since i have come down with the consumption
>>
>>47893683
I've been wondering, what character is that?
>>
>>47893577
I think its more a case where he only likes people who are absolutely loyal to him. He seems fond enough of Arkhan the Black to the point where he tells him to die well, and resurects him and Nefereta in AoS. It also lines up with his point of Necromamcy: Everybody will do what I say, when I say it, Forever.
>>
>>47893712
Zonbie waifu from monster grill haram
>>
File: AoS Meta.png (359 KB, 1075x950) Image search: [Google]
AoS Meta.png
359 KB, 1075x950
>>47893712
Nagash, duh
>>
All 450+ bases for my orcs and goblins came in yesterday gents. Waiting for some aquarium plants I ordered to come in and then Dem Jungle Boyz will be born again.
>>
>>47893714
He also brought back Mannfred and elevated him to Motarch. The guy who said this to his face :

>‘Vlad told me to pick a side, and I have, master. Better to be the right hand of anarchy, than the slave of Nagash. Walach was right, the blood-soaked fool. Aye, and Kemmler as well. You are nothing but a disease, Nagash… a plague on all the world, and with this power, I shall drive your midnight soul into the void forever. And it shall be me who rules this world, and rides its corpse into eternity. The world shall have a new Undying King, and you shall be forgotten!’
>>
>>47892451
Flesheater Courts have some of those unit heals you speak of. It's kind of their thing to bolster existing units instead of plonking down new ones. They can do that, too, but only in a very limited fashion.
As for unit sizes, look at the weapon ranges. Anything over 20 without at least 2" range is a waste beyond absorbing damage, as you'll never cram them all into range to get them to strike.
Also, that's a pretty good selection of units. Now paint those fuckers.
>>
>>47890957
Might work. Random pic of pinterest, but it looks kinda neat. Certainly better than the t-shirt dragon.
>>
>>47893712
Zombina from monster musume.
>>
>>47892391
He's just a bit angry that because his twin was the first out, he had everything. The fact that his brother was a moron but everybody went with this because "It's tradition and the gods said so" added fuel to the fire, so he decided to make his own fate.
Well, that was in the beginning, now he's just calmly continuing on his power trip, and managed quite well. I fucking love Nagash, he's basically bringing me back each time I stopped WHFB (Time of Legend Books, then End Times, then AoS).
>>
File: 1406684231546.png (147 KB, 304x301) Image search: [Google]
1406684231546.png
147 KB, 304x301
So how is AoS at the moment? Last I checked it had not turned over super heavily as GW planned and a lot of old WHF fans were pretty angry. How is it now?
>>
>>47894262
It's shit, it will give you something to do with your heavily converted models though.
>>
>>47894262
It's reasonably popular and steadly picking up steam. It's by no means a perfect system, but the upcoming General's Handbook intends to fix some of those issues. Fairly fast-paced and easy to learn while still leaving room to learn and implement new tactics. People that give it a chance tend to at least kinda like it.
Still plenty of angry people though, so, hey, whatever.
>>
>>47893070
The penis isn't a bone, if there is no flesh there is no dick.
So he has 0 dick.

It's also ignoring that there is no real correlation between height and penis size.
>>
>>47894320
>>47894374
Guess its still 50/50. Better than what I saw before though. Just sad Goblins seem to have taken a back seat since the introduction of the buff Uruk Hai Orcs.
>>
>>47894098
Holy fuck I thought the Magmadroth was like twice that large.

>>47894262
Things have mellowed down. We have one or two dedicated shitposters, but most WHFB players have either given up, converted to AoS or gone to other games. GW is adding points and a campaign, the game now has great value bundles and the story is advancing.
>>
>>47894395
Look at his midriff. It is fleshy. Who knows what's inside his plated pants.
>>
>>47894262
From what I gather, there's a some popularity, and some haters showed persistence.
The impressive part is that GW kept its promise, and still deliver the rules for each new mini for free, and communicates a lot more (not hard per se), doing FAQ more quickly (not hard again compared to WHFB), update the mobile apps and will publish a book this summer with point costs and additional rules.
I'll probably start once it's published because I have some friends bordering on That Guy, and telling them to pick a 750pts force is quicker than telling them to pick a little army for a skirmish and then verify they didn't pushed the min maxing to far.
>>
Tell me about your dudes in AoS /tg/, who are they? What are they called? Who/what is leading the army? Do they have any goals?
>>
>>47894649
My current chaos dorfs WIP fluff is: They originally worshipped grimnir, when he died they joined with the fyreslayers working as smiths and collected gold. Eventually they developed a hatred for the fyreslayers and broke off from them, taking a lot of gold with them. Their hatred was magnified by the gold and the power coalescing awakened hashut, mutating them under his gaze, and they went a little crazy hearing voices not exactly knowing what's speaking to them. My leader is a sorcerror-prophet who claims he can speak to hashut, and rides a magmadroth (kadaai destroyer that uses darzhoaths rules)

Does the whole corrupting gold thing make sense? Was thinking they could believe it could revive hashut in the same way as grimnir.
>>
>>47895122
Sounds cool. If the Ur-gold works for Grimnir it might work for Hashut. Or it might not, but the Dawi Zharr might not no that and attempt to do so anyway.
>>
Does anyone have pictures of the rat ogre on the ass?
>>
>>47895548
*rat ogre on the female butt
>>
File: spock.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
spock.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>47895548
>>47895564
>>
>>47894649
>Who are they: They are a herd of beastmen that has set up camp near a realmgate in the realm of beasts in hopes of ambushing whatever steps through

>What are they called: They call themselves the Bloodhorn herd, due to the fact that they enjoy soaking their horns in the blood of their foes. The do not do it for Khorne though, they just do it becuse they want to.

>Who/what is leading the army: The beastlord is called Kraagarr Twinblade, a savage and brulat beastlord who always seeks out the enemy general in order to hack him or it into slabs of meat. But the 2nd in command of the Bloodhorn herd is the bray shaman Gorax Spirithorn, a shaman that has managed to get a mighty Cygor to obey him.

>Do they have any goals: The Bloodhorn herd didn't really have any goals untill word spread that a great battle was to take place in the realm of life. So now the Bloodhorn herd is gathering up whatever beastmen they can get, along with every piece of weapons and armour.
>>
File: AyeloUS.jpg (89 KB, 784x708) Image search: [Google]
AyeloUS.jpg
89 KB, 784x708
>>47892995
>>47893070
>>47894395
>>47894470

The fact that people are having a conversation about if a skeleton death god has a penis or not and what size it is... Though on the other hand With Nagash ego the size of a goddamn *insert something very big here* he would probably enjoy the attention this is getting... then torture you all, flay you till you die then ressurect you and put you in a display cabinet...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.