[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: Silver Tower.jpg (460 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Silver Tower.jpg
460 KB, 1920x1080
>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

Silver Tower expansion when edition

Old thread
>>47786913

And where is my Goddess of thigh/feet?
>>
>>47832677
First for Warhammer Fantasy was better setting wise.
>>
File: DSCN1194_1000px.jpg (238 KB, 735x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1194_1000px.jpg
238 KB, 735x1000
So is the lightening Echelon any good?

If I get into this I want an army of donkey dragon riding bretts.
>>
>>47832821
third for this is very true
>>
Threadly reminder that "Nearly infinite Realms" don't make sense in any way.
>>
Where the fuck are new Sylvaneth models?
>>
>>47833311
If they're holding them back for the first monthly white dwarf in september I'm going to be seriously disappointed.
>>
>>47832821
7th for this is pretty true desu. Still willing to let Sigmar do its own thing. My FLGS is actually running a Sigmar campaign (rules-wise) set in an offshoot of the old world, it's alright. Bit easier on the new guys.
>>
>>47833830
I think they say that pieces of the old world were straight up ported to the realms anyway.
>>
So with the AOS™ Summer Campaign™ coming up, how is Mustering Your Dudes™ going?

Joking aside, anyone else trying to get their shit painted up before this starts? It's not actually a requirement for the campaign, I just wanted to have a set of fully painted and based models for the campaign. Funnily enough it decided which alliance I'll be playing for: I went for the one where I've got the best chance of getting all my models done. It turns out taking the easy path does lead to chaos after all...
>>
>>47834008
Getting my little skaven and chaos team ready to play, most are pre painted from the ebayers I got them from, but some are pretty terrible so I've got to redo them.

A part of me wants to wait until points before I buy any more, I'll see what kind of size armies other people are going to use for the campaign first then decide I think.
>>
>>47834008
I got my HE halfway ready, same with my bone zone (still need a sc! Box for the rest + conversion parts), and skellies are quicker to paint. The problem is that I want to represent order, but mostly want to work on my celtic skelebros.
>>
>>47834008
Bloodbound part of my Archaon/Bloodbound/Skyre army completed. Still waiting for my Varangard/Stormfiends to arrive.
>>
>>47834050
Yeah, I'm not buying anything for the campaign (not least of which because I've enough in my backlog already). Only thing I could maybe do with is a general on a monster as I don't have one of those, while they seem pretty common in my area, but should get by without.

>>47834071
It's a bummer. I'd have liked to use my stormcasts to play Order, but the scheme I've picked really requires proper edge highlighting and I'm shit at that, so each one takes an age with all the neatening up stages.
>>
>>47834198
I'll probably take few half-painted HE to fight for order and properly do up my skelebros before using them, with a Legion of Death base, adding skeleton archers, maybe some more skeletons and grave guard, some chariots (fitting for celts) and some heroes; kitbashed necrotect and icon bearer - the royal champion, and priest/necros for buffs/summons.
>>
>>47834008
started painting the empire troops i bought a while back
>53 more free company to go
>>
>>47834008
Painting Dispossessed Duardin. Contemplating a conversion project where I run a Fyreslayer Runefather on Magmadroth, but do a conversion so it's a Dispossessed Lord riding it to keep the army unified and fluffy.
>>
>>47834008
I have half a Start Collecting Seraphon Box and all of Silver Tower to paint before I can even have a go at my chaos dudes. I doubt I'll get it done in time
>>
File: spoop.gif (3 MB, 230x173) Image search: [Google]
spoop.gif
3 MB, 230x173
None of the links have the Grand Alliance Books in them. I want to get spooky with Nagash.

The hell are they?
>>
>>47834008
I'm still trying to find the motivation to even participate. Everytime I go to my LGS all I do is look envious at the others playing with their new toys, while I hold unto my gobos hoping that the scuttlings aren't a terrible vision of the future.
>>
>>47835138
Look, you lot are spiderfuckers, get over it. That's the result.
>>
>>47835060
Nobody will scan the GA books because there is no reason to scan them. All the warscrolls are online and in the AOS app.

If you really want it then go buy it, they are really inexpensive. Death is only $20 CAD
>>
>>47835229
I thought they had new fluff and shit? Is it really just what's in the warscrolls?
>>
>>47835241
Very little fluff. Only worth it if you want physical Warscrolls.
>>
>>47835241
>I thought they had new fluff and shit? Is it really just what's in the warscrolls?

No new fluff. It's literally just for people who want a hard copy of the warscrolls.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE ELVES LEAKS LADS
>>
File: PlagueLordb.jpg (142 KB, 611x758) Image search: [Google]
PlagueLordb.jpg
142 KB, 611x758
Anyone still playing Warhammer Quest?

Among other projects still painting my Lord of Plagues, about 80% done at this point
>>
>>47835423
Leaks always happen monday - wont happen today
>>
>>47835060
They don't have digital versions, all the books in the pasgebin are just ripped versions of the digital books
>>
>>47835451
Looking good there, handsome.
>>
>>47834008
Im pretty close to having 1 unit of every Seraphon painted. Just need to finish 3 Ripperdactyls, 14 Saurus Guard, a Starseer, and a Sunblood.
>>
>>47835241
Only small pieces, unfortunately. I'd buy them if they had real stuff on elves, but that's apparently coming later.
>>
>>47835241
They have a tiny amount of fluff and some unique batallions. I know some anon posted the Order batallions (they are in the pastebin now), so if you ask nicely then I'm sure somebody can post the other ones eventually
>>
File: ClO_Ze4WIAAQcAE.jpg (330 KB, 1130x1600) Image search: [Google]
ClO_Ze4WIAAQcAE.jpg
330 KB, 1130x1600
hype
>>
>>47835569
There are no unique batallions in the Destruction book, so that's taken care of as well.
>>
File: ForestGoblinShaman.jpg (78 KB, 457x600) Image search: [Google]
ForestGoblinShaman.jpg
78 KB, 457x600
>>47835158
I regret nothing!
>>
>>47834002
yeah I'm pretty sure they left it so people could still do whatever they wanted.

I don't get all the concern anyways. You can still play literally any campaign or battle that you could ever want to in WFB
>>
File: 1465564409573.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1465564409573.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>47835915
>I don't get all the concern anyways. You can still play literally any campaign or battle that you could ever want to in WFB
But the history and culture no longer exist.

Feuding elector counts and fights over the titles and little tiny bits of land we've come to know over 30 years are all gone.

If they'd come up with something like,
>The old world is at the very center of the realms as a nexus
>Everyone went out to conquer and settle of new realms from the old world and there are gates/portal in the old world

They would have safely assuaged 90% of the butthurt that AoS caused.

Because nobody really hates the idea of overhauling the rules, it's been needed for a long time.

Nobody was really averse to advancing the storyline and adding new lands and peoples for more backstory.

Nobody hated the factions evolving and getting new units.

People hated losing the 30 year old setting and the 200+ novels worth of backstory that many dedicated fans had spent their early adulthood and childhood reading.

GW itself only saw doing away with the old world as necessary to the new plot because of copyright fears.
>>
File: 1451081831019.png (278 KB, 706x412) Image search: [Google]
1451081831019.png
278 KB, 706x412
>>47835996
>because of copyright fears.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>47835996
so, before, people only ever played campaigns or battles set on the exact present day in the world? Or did people not play battles or even campaigns pretending it was set in the past some time, or even some future war?

Seriously, in the end, this is all just make-believe. You can do whatever you want and justify it.

You want a campaign about feuding elector counts? I'm pretty sure it's perfectly fluffy to say that there are chunks of the old world still around, or even there are plenty of cities and people living in areas who may not even be aware of what's going on, so they might be fighting little wars and rivalries. Why not?

Also, nothing's forcing you to play in the new setting. Just use the new rules and units and shit, and play battles set in that 30 years and 200 novels worth of backstory. Nothing's stopping you.
>>
>>47835996
You didn't lose it.

WHFB is a setting. Its ending doesn't magically makes it disappear. You act like historical settings are pointless because we know their endings.

No, tell us the real reason you are pissed. You are pissed that Chaos won, you salty Orderfag.
>>
>>47834008
Got the Empire Battalion as GW was chucking it out. I'd have them painted if I had bases for all of them. Hoping the Sylvaneth stuff comes soon because it fits perfectly with what I want to do.
>>
>>47836076
Serious answer: They can't copyright things like "The Empire" or "Wood Elves". They can copyright Fyreslayers and whatnot. Same reason Space Marines are called Astartes now and IG are Astra Militarum.
>>
>>47836086
>he unironically considers Endtimes as canon

Look at him! Look at him and laugh!
>>
>>47836653
End Times were a fun ride that I enjoyed immensely.

Like I said, you are a salty ordefag. I rest my case.
>>
>>47836679
>orderfag
>implying I prefer any old army over another
>implying End Times weren't horse shit from beginning to an end and the more you ignore it the better
>>
>>47834008
Working on my Brets for the summer campaign, and I have about 60 peasant bowmen to finish.
>>
>>47836709
That's like your opinion. You are free to ignore it and do as you like. The guys in /WHFB/ are doing it, you should go back there.
>>
>>47836967
>>47836709
To be fair that guy isn't me >>47835996
>>
>>47836962
>Brets

What's your fluff for them? I mean they might as you for a name and a reason why your dudes are fighting in the Realm of Life.
>>
File: Skaven Clan Morbidus.jpg (175 KB, 1134x1689) Image search: [Google]
Skaven Clan Morbidus.jpg
175 KB, 1134x1689
>>47834008
Going to paint some Wolf Rats for the Pestilens Morbidus force.

Need to add some flanking speed + my gutter runners to deal with artillery and shit

glory to the great corrupter
>>
So is Mallous Lionheart really Leuoncour back from the dead or something?
>>
File: 1465529625363.png (4 MB, 2800x2800) Image search: [Google]
1465529625363.png
4 MB, 2800x2800
>>47837391
Is he now?
>>
Do we know if the new ruleset will make the game faster?

I played a tournament last weekend and it was pretty fun, like a slightly dumbed down 40k. But what really irked me was how goddamn slow the game was. Close combat slogs took so long, every assault was a multi turn affair of neverending swinging.
>>
>>47838066
This forced meme isn't even clever
>>
>>47838220
It ought to do? I find that it goes quicker the more games you've played. I certainly always found it faster than WHFB Becaus I could never remember the to hit / to wound table
>>
>>47838250
It runs faster than fantasy overall in my opinion, as in a game of roughly equal size finishes faster in AoS, but while in Fantasy an assault rarely lasts more than 1-2 combat phases, in AoS it takes like 4+.
>>
>>47838066
I don't get it
>>
>>47838285

You were not brought upon this world to 'get it'.
>>
>>47838285
Basically some guy b8ing by claiming that everyone runs mournghuls and 5 nagashes in their army because hurr durr no points
>>
Right, i caved inand got myself an ironjawz army (still need to finish my bloodbound but curse my weakness to shiny...)

I got 100 ish wound army

Gordrakk
Megaboss on foot
Warchanter
Weirdnob
2x 5 Brutes
2x 10 ard boyz

Thinking of making this my campaign army instead of the khorne army i would have gone for normally (still need to paint those goddangit... stupid shiny...)
What do you guys think of it? maybe put the brutes into a big unit and same for the ard boyz?
>>
>>47838559
How does one run 5 nagashes?
Both fluff and economically
>>
>>47838602
say they're from different realms
>>
>>47838587
>Buying 100 wounds of anything in one purchase
>A few weeks before official points get released

Why.

But, that said. 20+ Black orcs is powerful and you get the 1+ bravery
>>
>>
>>47838742

well, to go into more detail:

had 20 black orcs from when i first tried making an orc army in 8th, the 2 orruc boxes i was given cos my friend wasn't interested in them anymore so i gave him some tyranids i had lying around. had a warchanter and megaboos cos i liked the models, and only just bought the weirdnob and gordrakk so i could get 100 wounds army to play games with until the compendium comes out.

also i got all the models cos i like em.
>>
File: 1371517324008.jpg (165 KB, 448x448) Image search: [Google]
1371517324008.jpg
165 KB, 448x448
>>47838602
He doesn't.

No one runs more than 1 Nagash if at all. It's just shitposting by butthurt Fantasy fags.

Most AoS players I met were 30+ and veterans of WHFB like me that want to run fair and fluffy battles.
These wannabe that-guys with multiple Nagashes only exist in the realm of grognards imagination.
>>
>>47838834
Looks like a cool army anyway.
Don't get discouraged. Points will only make the game more fair and your army looks good to me for a regular 2h+ game. Would play against.
>>
>>47838962
You don't find a system's flaws by staying within the limits of good taste and trying to play it safe with everyone. The point of the 5+ Nagash lists isn't that people want to run them, but that people *can* run them - It points to a flaw in the system that seems minor at first, but can be exacerbated into larger problems.

The point of the Nagash experiment is to verify that, the lack of balance control can be used to be an asshole or to even just to make new players fall into a trap of cool-but-shitty lists because some models are inherently worse, but there's nothing to actually inform the players of that other than personal experimentation and the wisdom of other players, which might not be a resource that they have available.
>>
>>47837391
No, the Celestant-Prime is.
>>
>>47839081
Don't play against people that field more than one fucking Nagash. What's so hard to understand about this?
As if those people even exist...it's just a rhetorical argument and does not pertain to the real world...

Not that this will not be solved in a matter of weeks and 9th edition fags and KoW wannabes will come crawling back once the pts hit.

Face it. You lost.
GW is on the right track and will collect its lost sheep eventually.
>>
>>47839081
>The point of the Nagash experiment is to verify that, the lack of balance control can be used to be an asshole

No shit. What is every game ever?

You really think people can't be equally dickish back in 8th or 9th age. powergamers exist everywhere.

But literally no one owns 8 Nagashes
>>
>>47836653
"omg they wrote a book where some character or nation dies, that automatically means I can never ever use that character or army again"

Are people actually this retarded?
>>
>>47839301
yeah because those people who use totally tournament-legal 40k armies of Tau riptide-spam, or eldar whatever spam, yeah good thing those restrictions prevent people from gaming it to make OP armies
>>
>>47839596
Yes, yes they are.
>>
>>47839617
Great reading comprehension there, lad, that's exactly what he's been saying.

Just as 40k legally allows you to be a prick by playing two Wraithknights in 1000 points, AoS allows you to play 5 Nagashes and 8 Mournguls.
>>
>>47832677
Guys, I need help. I have 45 skeletons in need of 28mm bases. Where do I buy them from
>>
>>47840693
My LGS has buckets sitting out that they'd collected over the years for all of the disenfranchised WFB players to redo their models.

As your LGS if they've got a bucket of bits in the back.
>>
>>47834008
This is one of my excuses for getting back into tabletop stuff, Building a starter box plus the paint+3 liberators box because the guy I bought the starter from threw it in for £5.

I'm being super slow though, only have 8 Stormy Libs done, Hopefully I'm gonna at least get this starter box finished together and then add in a Knight-Heraldor.

Won't be a big army but atleast I'll have something.
>>
>>47834008
I was going to do khorne bloodbound but i have soo many models to paint that i think ill go with ironjaws which i just got, as they seem like they'll be more fun to paint. And there's less of them
>>
>>47840731
I dont think that'll work. I dont really got to my flgs all that often, and its relatively new for a game store. Besides, since my FLGS is a 30 min. Drive away, its a pain in the butt to check and find out they dont have any.
>>
>>47840693
There's a million places that sell them all over the place.
>>
>>47834008
After playing for years and years with unpainted minis, by now I only play with completely or almost completely painted models because it just looks nicer.

As for Mustering My Dudes:

>bought some Dryads in preparation for the Sylvaneth release. Turns out they have some root bits you can glue onto your bases, which I'll use for...
>Rotbringers are going strong. Going to pick up another box of Blightkings because those roots are gonna make them look even more Realm of Life-y

Surprisingly, I'm hyped for the campaign but not for the outcome. Just like GW, I'm very ambivalent as to how it turns out. On the one hand I want Nurgle to corrupt it all, on the other I want Alarielle to drive the Rotbringers out. Eh, actually I just want a nice equilibrium

Here's to hoping they don't make the Sylvaneth release hinge on Order winning the campaign like
>nope, Alarielle lost, you won't get shiny new Sylvaneth. Sorry not sorry, better luck next time
>>
File: The Wanderers.png (3 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
The Wanderers.png
3 MB, 1600x1200
The War for Ghyran begins soon. This is a call to arms. Let none claim ignorance.

Declare your allegiance to one of the four Great Alliances, Give the title of your commander, give the name of your army, and explain what purpose brought them to the Realm of Life.
>>
Okay, question time; not sure if this belongs in the WIP thread, but...

With Silver Tower and all, I decided to build a Tzeentch army. Among other things, I want to add a Curseling to it (Vilitch as a non-named character).
Now, I adore the Vilitch model, but I have never worked with Finecast before, don't want to start now, wouldn't want the one model I don't want to screw up to be my first try and I want to build my own guy anyway.

So, I thought about how to build my own. I first thought about how to get that mutant Siamese twin look, but then I realized none of Vilitch's rules actually draw attention to that part of his design, so the actually distinctive features are

>he's better armored than the average Wizard
>he has a whole lot of attacks with one weapon being on fire
>he can still cast better than the average Wizard

So I decided to take a Stormcast as base, with a DElder Wrack mask for a face, a huge burning converted glaive in one hand and the other hand held open as if he's about to shoot a magic missile at your face.

Question being, would you let someone field that as a Curseling or would you insist on only the Finecast model getting those rules?
>>
File: skeleton_army.jpg (348 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
skeleton_army.jpg
348 KB, 1000x563
>>47841193
From his citadel in Shyish, Nagash sees all, his will amd power insurmountable in the mortal realms besieged by Chaos. Below him, his Mortarch's hold power over all undead. To become a Mortarch, one must show considerable strength, power, and most of all loyalty to Nagash himself, along with some great feat. Many envy and aspire to such a title, but rarely do any achieve it.

However, as Nurgle lays his eyes on the bounty that is the realm of Life, a oppertunity is presented to the young vampire, Rylza Aserveti, to show her worth to the lord of undeath hinself. If she can in some way stop the plot of Nagash's most hated god, and foil his vile plans to capture Araellie, than most assuredly, a posistion of Mortarch should be only be one of many honors bestowed to her.

Young, manic and most of all, filled with a unwavering, perhaps enslaving loyatly to the lord Undeath, Rylza goes to war leading the skeleton remnants of her former allegiences army, her former king now a wight himself. But it is not Rylza's loyalty and lust for title that drives her army onwards; all the souls risen hold within themselves a undying hate for chaos, for it was the children of Nurgle who poisoned their land and rotted away their flesh with their rancid disease. They follow Rylza in her quest, simply for revenge.
>>
I was reading through the rules for silver tower, and it actually sounds really fun. Is this all a clever ruse from Tzeentch, or is it actually fun?
>>
>>47841193
>Alliance
Chaos.
>Commander
Purebray Iceaxe. An apparently human tzeentchian sorcerer lord, who leads a force of mostly beastmen. If you're wondering about the name, my special snowflake headcanon goes: as a human could randomly give birth to a beastman in old WHFB fluff, so I assumed a beastmen could give birth to an apparently pure human. As a hornless beastman is a "bray", I figured a completely human beastmen is a "purebray", so that's all he was known as a youngster. Mostly these are killed at birth by spiteful gors and ungors, Purebray survived by dint of a leadership challenge distracting the herd, and he was left behind when the herd moved on the next morning. Blah blah blah grows up blah blah takes over old warherd blah. Blah blah wanders the mortal realms conquering shit for Tzeentch blah. Oh, "Iceaxe" is just a chaotic honorific he earned later.
>Army name
>Purebray Iceaxe's warherd. Yeah, really, that's it. I used up my imagination on the dude's name and backstory, okay?
>Why are they in the Realm of Life
To win glory for Tzeentch, and get in the way of Nurgle and his aims. Although I doubt battle results will be that specific, my results will probably all go in a big pot marked "chaos results".
>>
Just got home from my local GW and the manager there gave me some info:

Stormcast are getting a SC box
Bloodbound are getting a SC box
Basically if the faction has plastic models being produced/reboxed right now it will get a SC box
Nagash is 900 points
Archaon is 700 points
Generals Handbook will be $35 CAD
>>
>>47838066
keep posting it, maybe one day your dad will love you
>>
>>47834008

I dont have dudes yet because I cant decide on what to play.

I really wish the GW fucks did "start collecting" for ayyyelves or whatever are they called in AoS
>>
>>47838602
you could say they are just Shards of Nagash

Nagash is a god after all, it doesnt really make sense for him to be a model on a tabletop
>>
>>47841621

cool fluff and interesting idea. What type of tzeentichan colour scheme you going to do?
>>
>>47842151
Thanks! The beastmen have grey skin and blue hair/fur, partially copying a scheme I saw somewhere, just with silver horns because I preferred it to gold when I did a pair of test models. The few WOC types (including Purebray himself) are steel/silver with blue glazing and details, so they match quite nicely. Got a few daemons too, who are blue, unsurprisingly.
>>
File: AoS style.png (4 MB, 2800x2800) Image search: [Google]
AoS style.png
4 MB, 2800x2800
>>47841777
>Shards of Nagash
The possibilities...
>>
>>47841763
>Nomad Prince
>2 boxes Eternal Guard
>box of Glade Guard
>Use Wildwood Ranger heads with Glade Guard bodies
>play as Waywatchers/Sisters of the Watch
>make one more special and play as Waywatcher Lord

>Buff Hero who's good in melee
>sniper Hero
>20 * tough melee infantry
>15 * strong shooty infantry

There, great starter army done, not much more expensive than a Start Collecting box.
>>
>>47842269
That actually sounds really nice! You'll have to post pics when your done. I also like the backstory for your warherd, although it does kinds bring up a weird fluff question: In the old world, aside from the one off births, the majority of beastmen were implied to come from pillaging and raping. In AoS though, is it possible for there to be Beastwomen?
>>
>>47842323

looks nice.

>There, great starter army done, not much more expensive than a Start Collecting box.

more than a double of Start Collecting
>>
>>47842379
Will do (although I have shaky hands, so y'all may be a bit unimpressed with the actual results). As to that question, I dunno, hadn't really put too much thought into the actual conception for beastmen because that all gets a bit /d/egenerate. Someone else may well be able to answer though.
>>
File: ironwarp-citadel-cover-228x300.jpg (24 KB, 228x300) Image search: [Google]
ironwarp-citadel-cover-228x300.jpg
24 KB, 228x300
>As well as seeing the battle unfold on the diorama, you can recreate the tension on the gaming table, with the Warhammer World exclusive book The Realmgate Wars: Ironwarp Citadel. Get your copy only at Warhammer World and unfurl the narrative with your own collection of miniatures. Who will win out?…

How long before this book starts floating around the internet
>>
>>47842452
I think you could have a decent starting army with a box of Eternal Guard, a box of Glade Guard, a box of Wild Riders and a Wayfinder. Problem is it comes to about £75, so it is pricer than a Start Collecting set.

How you want to build the models in it are really up to you, I think using Sisters of the Thorn with Eternal Guard is nice, but wild riders can be pretty handy to try and finish off units you weaken with shooting before they get up to your line.
>>
>>47842379
>>47842456

There were female Beastmen in one of the Gotrek and Felix books. They weren't true Gors though they were mutants or Ungors or something. Can't remember exactly.
>>
>>47842521
>Warhammer World-exclusive campaign book

Please tell me that's a hoax. They wouldn't do that sort of shit, right? I mean, they just started being cool again and all.
>>
Almost finished reading godbeast. Not bad at all, actually better than i imagined.
Theres a LOT of battleplans, ti mes of war and the unfolding of the campaign is...okay.
Overall i feel it was a good buy.
tempted to get ghal maraz now...
>>
>>47842964
Look up the 40K exclusive campaign book "Blood Oath" . They have done this before and will continue to do this.
>>
>>47841193
I have three armies, but two are half done, and one is still in the fluff stage.
1 - The Shadow King, formerly of Nagarythe. Leading a collection of mercenaries comprised of Shadow Warriors, Reavers and Swifthawk Agents, they are called the Crimson Company. Fighting for pay across all the realms, The Shadow King will take up bow and blade in defence of his old liege, at no cost, except in the blood of the wicked.
2 - Prince Kor-Maranthis, leading his forces in defence of his home realm against the forces of Chaos (my old HE army, being done up to standard)
3 - Banatus, ancient chieftain of the Arvarti tribe, a long-dead warrior folk from the realm of Shiyish. He leads his warriors still, in death. The lands clatter with the tramping of skeletal feet and clatter of chariot wheels, as they march, roused to war by their old master.
>>
>>47835451
Looking good! get back to work and paint some tzeench bros!
>>
>>47842964
http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2016/06/18/new-diorama-revealed/
I'm going to Nottingham in two weeks. While there, I'm spending a day at Warhammer World, I'll pick up the campaign book and I'll see if I can scan it when I get back.
>>
>>47840607
ok, so like I said, it's not any worse.

Seriously, if you play a guy and he pulls out a meme army like that, you tell him to fuck off and play someone else.

If everyone does that, soon he won't have any friends to play with.
>>
>>47843253
I like the idea of tribal skeletons, actually. Sounds like a sort of neat idea, although you would have to either heavily convert your guys or buy a different line of undead GW's feel way too... gothic, I guess.
>>
What are the weaknesses to Seraphon? My local meta is swarming with them
>>
so, I'm tempted to start some AoS because I love the fact that the rules are 4 pages long.

But the problem is that the only armies that appeal to me are Beastmen (dem goat people), and Bretonnians (dem lances, crusaders, etc).

What do?
>>
>>47846678
bretonnians are tough to collect since you'll be relying on ebay but they are VERY strong
>>
>>47841193
Formerly crusading free people that were followed by the plague of Nurgle. They wandered till they ended up in the realm of life where they made a pact with the Sylvaneth to cleanse each other as the realm of life is being invaded.
>>
>>47846779
I'd totally just buy a bunch of the numerous other 28mm scale knights, crusaders, normans, etc. from other lines, but I know that would basically mean never being able to play in a GW store...
>>
>>47846360
They don't hit too hard. they rely a lot on battleshock phase and having units immune to that is a big help. also, KILL THE SLANN. Once he's gone, they are easier to deal.
(unless your opponent has more than one. then don't play with that guy).
Also, their infantry don't deal much damage-they rely on warbeasts to do that(warbeasts, and ripperdactil, which are one of the most broken units of the game). So focus your mosr damaging units on those-having anything that deep strikes helps a lot. Be swift, kill the slann and the warbeast first and the rest will be easy to kill.
>>47846678
beastman are cool. Not too many models but they are solid enough and with points you willl be able to field big herds of easily buffable gors.
Also, they fit pretty well in almost every chaos god army. tzeench got his beastmen-hopefully nurgle and slaanesh will get theirs sooner or later.
Bret is INCREDIBLY strong but models had been squatted, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>47846833
>Also, their infantry don't deal much damage
Have you ever played against Saurus Guard?
>>
>>47846879
Yes, it never really gave me too much trouble. I usually slap some plaguebearers on their face and stall them for the whole game. Seraphon big hitters are the big monsters. people underestimate the knights. they are not made to hit; they are made to swiftly engage enemy units to slow them while their LAZORS and carnosaursflank their other side and annhilate everything.
>>
File: MMA 1.jpg (68 KB, 700x429) Image search: [Google]
MMA 1.jpg
68 KB, 700x429
>>47846833
I've liked the Beastmen ever since I found the old 6th edition Army Book, called "Beasts of Chaos" in a used book store and bought it, this was before I even played any GW games. Also, I read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, and Beastmen are basically the same as Trollocs.

But yeah, I'd love to use models like these from Perry Miniatures to proxy Brets, but like I said, I wouldn't be able to play in a GW... :/
>>
>>47846978
Aos is poretty cheap, so why not both? The most popular format in my area is 30-50 wounds, wich requires only a few models.
One "elite" unit, one regular infantry, one mage, one hero and you're ready. You can always expand later. be wary that any game with more than 100 wounds withour a proper battleplan and table is a mess.
>>
>>47847045
yeah, that's possible. The problem is that I've spent money lately on buying some old Epic Armageddon shit from eBay, so I can't really spare the 100$+ it would take for even a basic set of units like that.

Although I do have that for goblins because I had the old Skull Pass starter set, which gave me 20 goblins with spears, 20 with bows, a warboss, a mage, a troll, and then I have two metal giants, and maybe an orc chariot if I can cobble together some more bits.

I just don't care much for orcs and goblins.
>>
>>47847159
Well, no one said you have to do oth immeadetely. You can start with one, paint it then in a couple of months or earlier move with the next one.
fuck order, go for the beastmen.
>>
>>47846963
Saurus Guard do a surprising high amount of damage

3 attacks at 3+/3+ Rend-1 and a 2" reach means you can basically always get 21 attacks off with a squad of 10 guys
>>
So my torrent source at kat for all the GW stuff is on hiatus - any other places you can direct me?
>>
>>47847503
They're 1" melee range senpai. Still, they're absurdly good units.
>>
>>47848160
>>47847503
they are good, but they don't deal exeptional damage.
they are an elite unit made for resisting the hard blunt of the enemy. they are stoppers.
>>
is- is age of sigmar a good entry level point into wargaming?
>>
>>47848160
oh wow i never noticed that
ive been playing them at 2" range for months

well this changes everything
>>
>>47848241
yes. It has really easy rules-4 fucking pages for gods sake-and medium/small armies are pretty cheap.
the models are easy to paint, the setting vague enough to create your own fluff if you want, you have extreme freedom of choice when making an army(read: you can slap all units togheter)and both rules and unit profiles are free.

So yes, its a perfect entry point.
With the upcoming general's hanbook, you will have 3 different playstiles depending on how you want to play-competitive, narrative and freeform classic.
>>47848292
>ive been playing them at 2" range for months
you sly, cold-blooded bastard.
>>
>>47848338
cool but also seems like it'll wear thin, but atleast the groundmarines look ok aside from the silly helmets
>>
>>47843443
Thx, anon.
>>
>>47836990
The fluff is simple: they're a band of crusaders who are upholding ancient traditions of the free peoples. As for why they're waging war in the realm of life - Sigmar Vult! It might be interesting to add in some Devoted to Sigmar units as well, like the warpriest that came with Silver Tower.
>>
>>47841666
To add to this, from my local GW manager as well:
Archaon is 700 pts
Gordrak fist of gork is 700 pts
Batallions DO cost points
>>
>>47841394
If you put some effort into it and it actually looks like there are 2 dudes fused sure.
>>
New start collecting when?
>>
>>47850742
If those points costs are real then it proves that GW still don't know how to balance their fucking games.
>>
>>47841394
i'dd have no problem with proxies at all but why would you be this autistic about using a finecast model ?
>>
>>47850948
For Eldar and DE, right now.
>>
>>47852203
I mean AoS not w40k
>>
>>47852422
I know, but 40k are the only ones right now. More are coming later.
>>
>>47852024
But we don't know what the other stuff costs so that's entirely moot. If Archaon cost 10 points and we didn't know elite infantry cost 1 point/30 then we would think he's undercosted too
>>
>>47852024
To be fair, even if the points are comparable to WHFB, Archaon and Gordrak are complete game changers, so a high point cost is to be expected.
>>
>>47852956
But Gordrak annihilates Archaon, there is no way they should cost the same number of points
>>
>>47852956
>>47850742
When I asked my redshirt about upcoming points the only one he could remember from glancing over the book was that 5 stormcast liberators were 200 points. Those archaon and gordrak costs may not actually be that huge.
>>
>>47853025
>5 stormcast liberators were 200 points.
I wonder how many points they expect people to play, because the AoS starter is 2 5 man liberator squads, 3 Retris, 3 Prosecutors and 2 heroes.

if those 2 3 man squads are 200ish aswell that's like 1000+ points in the starter, they always aimed those starters low so people would spend plenty, do they want people to play like 3500 points or something?
>>
>>47853428
Most of the scenarios in the starter don't involve using every model though, don't they?
>>
>>47852024
archaon is good but not great

his offense is nothing special, comparable to most other monsters in the game

his real strengths are taking a buttload of damage and allowing multiple heroes to use Command Abilities

700pt is a fair amount
>>
>>47853025
>5 stormcast liberators were 200 points
...that can't possibly be correct. Liberators are the rank and file, there is no way they cost 40pt each.
>>
>>47853646
They each have 2 wounds, 2 attacks and 4/3 or 3/4 profile, as well as a decent (rerollable) save.
Most other armies need twice as many models to get the same amount of attacks.

Then we have to ask if special weapons cost even more points, since a unit of 5 Liberators can have one.
>>
I was looking at the Freeguild Guard Warscroll... How does the Militia Weapons option work?
Does everyone in the unit count as having a ranged weapon?
If so that is clearly the best option bar none.
>>
>>47853567
They don't but still, it seems like a lot of points for them to give you in the starter.

>>47853646
>>47853690
Yeah, Liberators are actually kinda beefy rank and files but 40 SOUNDS high just because it means even low end rank and files will probably be like 15 points each.
>>
>>47853789
yep it does
>tfw i bought 3 boxes of free company when they went on last chance to buy
>>
>>47853844
It would be especially weird if the points were on average higher per model given rumours say you don't pay for weapon upgrades/options, so it's not like there'll be much in the 1-5 point range anyway.
>>
>>47832677
So wait. I've been seeing AoS threads for a while now. I remember reading the first few as they were making fun of how horrible it was. But still seeing them after all this time confuses me. Do you guys actually play AoS? Or is this just a gigantic joke?
>>
>>47854255
b8
>>
>>47854359
I am legitimately curious.
>>
>>47854391
AOS is fun

Much more fun than WHFB
>>
>>47854255
It's one elaborate ruse. No one here actually likes AoS and all the money and time we've sunk into it has been to play a prank on you.
>>
Hi, guys. I'm joining a new league and will likely have to build a decent sized army.

Which faction has the best balance between character and low cost?

I'm thinking Devoted, since flagellants are only $25 for 10.
>>
>>47854409
>AOS is fun
Can you elaborate? I just don't get it. The mechanics don't seem very engaging, the minis look horrible and let's not mention the setting.
>>
>>47854499
Not that guy, personally I prefer the game style of WHFB which is why I play kow with my old WHFB army but..

>The mechanics don't seem very engaging
The baseline mechanics of the game are designed to be streamlined and simple but still have plenty of depth, properly making use of the way combat order works, how model removal and stuff like battleshock let you do some clever things and whatnot but mostly it's down to troop interactions, trying to position your guys to make use of your own buffs while attempting to deny your opponent his/hers.

>the minis look horrible
Most of them are the same old WHFB ones, of the new stuff a good 50% are actually quite nice.

>Setting
Is actually kind of rad once you get past the fact that they killed the old world for it, it's not as good from a story stand point since it's a lot harder to focus a story around conflicts with nigh infinite borders but it provides so much room for cool shit and opportunity for almost any conflict to make perfect sense.

It's not a great game but it's a decent one, something that's hard to say about WHFB's last few years (although that too was all GW's fault)
>>
>>47854255
everyone just has to remember this fact when it happens to 40k. I predict they will follow the same model. A final rulebook edition and codex books will come out following an "end times" scenario, where the plot of 40k moves forward. It will involve the Imperium collapsing due to some shit with the throne, tyranids eating worlds close to Terra, Orks rampaging as always, Failbaddon finally getting shit done and stomping Cadia, maybe some primarchs (daemon and not) coming back, etc.

Then we'll get "Age of the Emperor", where the Emperor returns, after ~100 years of the Imperium falling apart and worlds dying left and right. Then begins the Second Great Crusade, with the Emperor's champions (whoever) trying to reunite worlds, fight back chaos, reunite all the Space Marine chapters (because they're all separated and just trying to manage their home systems, some get destroyed, etc), and all that kind of fun stuff. Eldar and Tau now actively working with humans, Orks same as ever, Necrons same as ever, Chaos fucking shit up everywhere, Tyranids same as ever, etc.

Free rules, <10 pages long, free army/unit stats, background where you can make up any scenario you want.
>>
>>47854659

Sounds just as awful as AoS senpai
>>
>>47854692
I disagree. I love the fact that the rules are simple, and after a 6-year hiatus of GW games, aside from wanting to start Epic, AoS is actually seriously tempting me to start WHF again.

If they did that with 40k tomorrow I'd play it again.

There's no need for 200 pages of rules that cost 80 dollars, 50 page army books that cost 30-40 dollars, and needing fuckhuge armies that cost a thousand dollars.

GW games are not for grognards. The grognards are playing the other games with the massive rules and serious simulations. GW was always marketed at teens, let's be honest. They always wished their games became things that teens would get hooked on. But it was just too expensive, and too complicated.

With AoS, two teenagers can go into a store with 100 bucks each and get a Get Started box each, go home and download the rules, and play in that same day.
>>
>>47838602
Honestly, if someone had that many painted Nagash & Mournguls models, I wouldn't even feel bad being curbstomped by them.
Because 1, they clearly put an impressive amount of time, effort, and money into this. 2. They clearly value winning so much that they might go into an autistic rage if their ego isn't stoked. 3. They are obviously losing at IRL so might as throw the poor guy a bone.
>>
>>47854659
>>47854758
I honestly wouldn't mind if they AoS'd 40k's rules. The game is a mess that takes way to long to play and keeps getting more and more bloated. I would fly into aspergian apoplexies if they AoS'd 40k's setting like that though.
>>
>>47854913
40k needs a massive rules prune for sure, as it is now it's just a mess.

Just take AoS swap out the battle shock stuff for something more fitting to a scifi setting like suppression and add in a page for rules on vehicles and flyers and you're at a fairly reasonable place.
>>
>>47854758

Well, I meant more the lore that you (or him?) wrote up. Pretty awful desu.

40k has problems rulewise but it doesn't need to be nuked AoS style.
>>
>>47850742
Any word on army composition?

I'm not particularly worried about points coming out, but the rumor that they might force Core taxes on us has me all kinds of concerned.
>>
File: Mannfred_von_Carstein.png (872 KB, 587x852) Image search: [Google]
Mannfred_von_Carstein.png
872 KB, 587x852
Anyone else found it touching that Mannfred returned to save Tarus? That's like the first non-selfish thing Mannfred ever done to anyone. All because Tarus respected him and genuinely trusted him despite knowing his true nature.

Mannfred even promises Ramus that he will rescue Tarus from Nagash and make him his prisoner.

This shows that there is some good in everyone, in all of us.
>>
>>47854986
yep. Pretty much. There's simply no need for 200 pages of complex rules just to resolve 30 soldiers and 4 tanks shooting at each other.

>>47855026
of course it's shit. I sat there for 2 minutes typing it and I purposefully tried to parody the AoS fluff.

In the end, who cares how they make the fluff though? The only thing you kinda "need" to follow are the rules. You can make up whatever fluff you want for the battles you play. Even if the official fluff becomes as shitty as that, you can just pretend that the battle you're playing is set in the past, in the 41st millenium, or the 37th millenium, or whatever the fuck.

seriously, I don't get how people can have a problem with that. Who the fuck cares what the official fluff timeline is?
>>
>>47855026
Doesn't matter if it needs that or not, but that storyline has been years in the making. Flip through literally any 7th Ed Codex and you can't go three pages without some sort of imminent doom prophecy, important gadgets crapping out or story-breaker artifact being located.
The Time of Ending is coming whether you like it or not. Difference being, they don't have to nuke the entire setting like with AoS, just advance the story by twenty years and the universe will still be there but drastically different.

Still hoping for some kind of reveal that Realmgates are just Star Gates connecting 8 backwater galaxies of the 40k universe so that they'd make both compatible rules- and storywise though.
>>
>>47854758
>I'm lazy, I can't read more than 4 pages rulebook.
>I have dedication issues, can't paint more than 3 models before giving up.
>I'm poor, I already spend hundreds and hundres of doblons on weed and booze, so I can't buy more than 4 models anyway.
The perfect GW target audience.
>>
>>47855089
There's limits on monsters and hero keywords but that's it afaik. I guess that means there is a bit of a core tax but so much counts as core it's pretty moot.
>>
Anybody else super excited to get fucked by destruction come generals compendium or will GW go full jew and not overcost the 20 wound archaon.

>>47854499
>Can you elaborate? I just don't get it. The mechanics don't seem very engaging, the minis look horrible and let's not mention the setting.

Not that other anon but AOS is neither more fun nor a better designed game than WHFB, AOS is still enjoyable and playable though.
>>
File: anon rake.jpg (227 KB, 736x1081) Image search: [Google]
anon rake.jpg
227 KB, 736x1081
Returning player from 10 years ago.

Best place to find a tl;dr on AoS and changes therin?

Also, whats this bullshit I hear about having your army be w/e the fuck you want it to be? Like I can have a 50% Order, 50% Chaos army with no penalties? Shit doesn't make sense.
>>
>>47855284
Or, you know, it's easier to get new people playing. But every /tg/ noob loves learning 200 pages of rules and spending $1000 to start a game they may or may not enjoy
>>
>>47855276
>seriously, I don't get how people can have a problem with that. Who the fuck cares what the official fluff timeline is?
I think their main problem isn't that there is a new timeline in WHFB but that it's been pretty much stated there will be no more stories set in the old world.
>>
>>47855360
>
Also, whats this bullshit I hear about having your army be w/e the fuck you want it to be? Like I can have a 50% Order, 50% Chaos army with no penalties? Shit doesn't make sense.

The penalty is that your units have no synergy. Khorne reavers are trash tier, but add a Bloodstoker and a Bloodsecrator and suddenly they are scary. There are no models that have cross faction synergy. And it also helps promote "your dudes" more. Remember in 40k you can ally Daemons and Space Marines legally. Most tournaments restrict it anyway.
>>
>>47855284
>implying simple rules = lazy
>implying I haven't painted plenty of miniatures, but it's objectively true that for beginners, painting 20 guys is an easier hurdle than thinking you need to paint 150
>implying that not wanting to spend 1000$ on overpriced models for a game that takes 5 hours for one battle has anything to do with being poor

Do you really think GW's ideal audience are poor people who won't buy or paint more than 3-4 models? Really? Think about that for a bit.

No, their ideal target audience are neckbeards living in their mom's basement. Tons of disposable income and time. The problem is, there aren't enough neckbeards to fuel the hobby.

wargames with simple rulesets are an art form. The better you can simulate a battle by using the least amount of rules possible, the better. Has nothing to do with being lazy, it has to do with being efficient and streamlining a rules system.

It's pure retardedness for a game to require rolling hundreds of dice just to resolve 10 guys shooting at another 10 guys, when the game is clearly marketed to draw in teenagers.
>>
>>47855384
well that's a whole other problem. I mean, if they just won't write any more novels or stories set in the old world, that does kinda suck.
>>
>>47855437
>There are no models that have cross faction synergy.
There's a few
>>
>>47855231
Where can I read this?
Also Im still mad that Vlad is gone
>>
File: 1462269772952.png (148 KB, 2500x1645) Image search: [Google]
1462269772952.png
148 KB, 2500x1645
>>47855284
wow, nice projecting there, but okay, I bite.

>I'm lazy, I can't read more than 4 pages rulebook.
It isn't one rulebook though. It's a several hundred page rulebook followed by a hundred page army book followed by five End Times books followed by whatever bullshit houseruling restrictions your local meta had going on.
So yeah, they pruned the rules because new players don't want to hear your elitist whining, they want comprehensible rules for playing a game.

>I have dedication issues, can't paint more than 3 models before giving up.
Two points:
1) painting one-hundred-and-fifty Clanrats is kinda boring even without any dedication issues
2) you shouldn't need dedication. Painting should be an enjoyable exercise but forcing someone to paint twenty models they find so-so for every one model they actually enjoy is bullshit. Not to mention forcing people to buy those aforementioned one-hundred-and-fifty Clanrats before they're allowed to play is straight-up extortion.

>I'm poor, I already spend hundreds and hundres of doblons on weed and booze, so I can't buy more than 4 models anyway.
HAHAHAHAHA, not everyone who won't pony up the cash for shitty Core models drinks and smokes you dumb fuck. Go back to /r9k/ and whine about the normies destroying your hobby.

>The perfect GW target audience.
Glad you admit you're not GW's target audience anymore. Off to 9th with you.
>>
>>47855507
http://www.blacklibrary.com/aos/whaos-audio/realmgate-wars-audio-subscription.html
>>
File: Chaos Knights.jpg (306 KB, 1319x877) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Knights.jpg
306 KB, 1319x877
Hey guys,

New to AoS. Slaves to Darkness army. Should I give my Chaos Knights Glaives or Hand weapons?

Quite like the idea of having a fucktonne of knights of chariots in the future.
>>
>>47855569
47 euro? Nooope
>>
>>47855546
I think the main thing to get from all this is that it should be a hobby, not a job.

You shouldn't need to spam-paint a hundred shitty models for units you don't even really care about but need to have. You shouldn't need to spend 400$ on those same units. You shouldn't need to spend 40$ on a book just to use those units, and then spend 40$ again in a year when they release the next edition Codex or rules.

It should be fun.....when 40k stopped being fun for me, I stopped playing. If they AoS'd it, I'd start playing again right away, and as-is I'm super tempted to start AoS as soon as I get the spare cash for some fantasy models
>>
>>47855623
It's in the pastepin links.
>>
>>47855310
Yeah, that sounds okay, though I guess a Nighthaunt or Moulder player might be somewhat miffed about any Hero limits.

But that's the sort of Core tax I can live with. >Oh, you're forcing me to play MORE Blightkings and Bile Trolls? Oh no, whatever shall I do?
>>
>>47855657
like, "sorry honey, can't take the kids to soccer today, I need to stay in the office and finish up some important work (painting 100 clanrats) for next week"
>>
>>47855573
The charge bonuses on glaives make for some very devastating combat phases. Go with the glaives.

Combo your knights with a Chaos Sorcerer Lord's spell Daemonic Power and they become a very strong hammer unit
>>
>>47855718

So with Chaos knights you want to basically hammer through on the charge phase?

All advice on the internet seems to say Glaives but the extra attack seems really good, or am I missing something?
>>
>>47855790
Don't underestimate having a Damage value greater than 1. It's lovely when the single wound you've got past the enemy's saves etc. suddenly multiplies.
>>
>>47855790
the extra attack is good for sustained combat, like if the enemy bogs the knights down with a tar pit and you need to cut your way through it over multiple turns

ideally you want the chaos knights to charge every turn and keep them away from tar pit situations. you need to deal a bunch of damage on the charge and then have the enemy lose more models in the battleshock phase (Terrifying Champions helps with this)

it helps to have a supporting flank unit nearby for the knights to help them ensure they kill their unit and are free to charge again

tl;dr
the best way to play chaos knights is to have them charge every turn, so pick glaives and git gud at enabling charges
>>
>>47855822
>>47855851

Thanks guys, this is all really helpful. Appreciated.

Here is my army so far, will add fluff later:

Archaon (Old model on the Horse, loved it so much I hunted one off Ebay)
Sorcerer
Her with Axes (Game Day 2009, loved the model so much I had to have it. Ebay ftw)

2 Chariots (Not decided whether horse or Gorebeast, but I'm leaning otwards Gorebeast?)

10 Knights (With Glaives thanks to /tg/)

24 Warriors Hand Wep + Shields.
>>
>>47855906
>Archaon
Dont be That Guy. Nobody wants to play with That Guy

But if you're going to be That Guy then at least run more heroes with Command Abilities so you get some value out of Archaon
>>
>>47856047

What do you mean? Have I missed some unwritten social rule?

Was thinking about a Daemon prince. Also was Sorcerer x2
>>
>>47854255
No the people who frequent this thread are just delusional and keep buying models because of sunk cost.

I literally had an asshole in one of these threads tell me how smart and intuitive the game was and immediately respond with how couldn't find enough people to get his first game in.

The people here are the vocal minority who didn't jump ship and now struggle to save face in their own communities or are just contrarians who like to do what is unpopular because it makes them individuals.
>>
>>47856081
epic post

screencapping for future use !!
>>
>>47856081
The funniest part is that we still go through threads faster than the 9th age/WHFB general, and continually exist unlike the KoW general.
>>
>>47856047
I'm also playing an Archaon(old model) list, no complains at my store so far.
>>
>>47856464
am I seeing it right that the model for Archaon everchosen whatever on the fuckhuge dragon thing is 200$ CAD on the GW site????

holy fucking shit.
>>
>>47856479
yes

its a fucking massive model though
>>
>>47856435
Yeah the threads have been improving since the 10 am trolls have been getting more and more irregular. They still show up like above once in a while though.
>>
>>47856479
I've own the old metal mounted and foot archaons, so I had to buy the new one (I love the design too), but I mainly run the old mounted one in my list.
>>
Has ebay shit itself for anyone else?

>tfw about to create an entire demon prince + spawn list for the generals compendium games.
>>
>>47856610
Nope working fine here.
>>
File: 1XL.jpg (339 KB, 820x620) Image search: [Google]
1XL.jpg
339 KB, 820x620
I quite like this conversion.
>>
>>47856610

If you are bidding on that unbuilt unboxed daemon prince...
>>
>>47856624
That looks way better than the original
>>
>>47856643
Well not like this I ain't.

>>47856622
Well fuck.
>>
>>47856624

dayummm that looks really cool
>>
Gore beast or horse chariot?
>>
>>47856849

yes
>>
>>47856879

Thank you
>>
File: soonwithering.png (26 KB, 884x309) Image search: [Google]
soonwithering.png
26 KB, 884x309
>Verminlord is apparently 250 points
>TFW no idea if this is good or bad

FUCKING GR8 WITHERING SOON

UPRISING NOW

IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>47857095
Where'd you get that number from?
>>
>>47857267
The Horned Rat whispered it to me during a violent rabid fit. I could only offer thanks through my gnashing foam drenched mouth.

Also the manager of the LGS told me.
>>
>>47856624
>nipple horns
Beyond that and the skulls in the skin, it's fucking ace.
>>
>>47857409
>>47857095
I'm guessing that the points for an average game is around 1000/1500. That seems to work based on the VL's power.
>>
File: 1466012276988.jpg (24 KB, 586x330) Image search: [Google]
1466012276988.jpg
24 KB, 586x330
>>47857095
>Zombies are 1 point eac
>Skeletons are 2 points each
>Ghouls are 3 points each

Where are your gods now, ratling?
I know where my bone daddy is.
>>
>>47857095
I hope they don't make stormvermin or clanrats too expensive, i have a mixture of them as my 'core' and I have a dreadful feeling they'll fuck the costs and make one strictly better, same goes for skavenslaves, monks etc come to think of it.
>>
>>47857559
Slaves dont really exist in the fluff and certainly not in the modern Chaos scroll, plus they are kind of pointless.

Clanrats need to be about 3-4 pts with Stormvermin of course being at least 3 points higher or there is just no reason to take clanrats.

Monks should be inbetween Clanrats and stormvermin. they hit roughly as hard as vermin do and have their own unique tricks but the lack of a save fucks them hard, where as Mystic shield on Stormvermin is a strong combo.

I just pray they realize anything with a - save and 1 wound (Monks, wyches, rats, etc) needs to be quite cheap or they won't be worth it
>>
>Battalions costing points
>all the modern stuff getting points
>legacy shit supposedly getting points
>plus FW

There is...A LOT of chances for them to fuck this up.

Will they bother to add points for old legacy battalions, or one's that only feature in certain bundles or SC's?

I'm worried, but i've just got to wait and see how it goes down
>>
>>47857807
To be honest, why shouldnt a battalion cost points? With the way 40k is at the moment, I actually like that idea. Your basically paying for the extra rules getting slapped on. As for all that other stuff, it seems like NOT doing that would be dumb.
>>
>>47857439
I'd say about 2000 for anow equivalent to a SCGT 100 pool choice game.
>>
>>47857807
it wont be perfect but it will be a good start

>>47857910
battalions absolutely need to cost points. some are complete shit and they could cost 0, but others are OP as fuck and need to have some point cost
>>
so does anyone have homebrewed characters for Silver Tower they wanna post?
>>
>sunblood is still sold out
>>
>>47857095
It sounds fine at first but...
>5 liberators 200 points
>no rend, 4/3, literally just wound sponges
points are not even out and they already suck hard.
>>
>>47859296
what would you put liberators at?

id say 25pt per model is a more reasonable starting point

theyre still 2 wound 4+ save (reroll 1s) with 2x 4/3 attacks
>>
>>47859296
>>47859337
>it begins...
>>
>>47859337
25 is already better, because they can serve their work as stalling unit.
im just avoid useing them if they are going to be like this.
really, even wounds are already better IF those numbers are true.
And wound count SUCKS HARD.
>>
>>47859296
They could even cost 12000 points. It all depends on the cost of other units, 200 means nothing right now.
>>
>>47859547
If Archeon and the other big fuck off mega heroes cost about 700 each and a Verminlord/Greater Daemon costs about 250 then i'd say 200 might be a little too much.

But then Liberators have powerful formations i guess

I think simple infantry will be the real deciding factor as we all have access to them and that shit can be spammed. hopefully they get points right on them
>>
So would there happen to be any VA fags in here? Needed to see if anybody had knowledge on how active two GW shops were in the northern area.
>>
I'd like to play a giant but i don't like the whole 'complete drunken fall-y over mess' thing they've made them into. I'd prefer Old Race/Game of Thrones type - functional and mighty. Are there any rules i can use instead or do i just need to suck it up and play it as is?
>>
>>47859956
There's the siege giant. Literally just rename the abilities and you'll be good. Bigger question is what model you intend on using?
>>
thinking of doing some AoS as my 40k steam has run out and pretty much on hold for 30k atm...

so i'm thinking extremely hippie elves.

how do they play? are they different from the 8th woodelves? and i get the et guard sets defense and the choppy axe dudes chop big dudes down, while glade guards just pour shit ton of arrows down, what do the other horse riding dudes/dudetts do?
>>
File: asgeir-jon-asgeirsson-header.jpg (103 KB, 700x437) Image search: [Google]
asgeir-jon-asgeirsson-header.jpg
103 KB, 700x437
>>47859977
I'm going to base it off the current giant unless i can find something better. (All those extra bits though…) but do some pretty serious conversion so it's not so pot bellied and naked and a bit more big human style.
>>
>>47860001
Basically there are now 2 factions: Sylvaneth are the main one, and is composed by treefolks, like treeman and dryads, and is getting new models also in time for the campain;
wanderers are what remains of the wood elves (so all the others minis)

Sylvaneth are cool, is very based on the woods, since they get bonuses and can teleport from one to another; Don't really know anything about wanderers
>>
File: IMG_0227.jpg (163 KB, 1896x658) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0227.jpg
163 KB, 1896x658
Finally got around to make some headway the sixth hero for the campaign at the FLGS; another Lord-Celestant, this time with a harpoon crossbow and a two-handed broadsword.
Still undecided on the required custom rules. Any ideas?
>>
Has AoS increased warhammers popularity? How does it compare to 40k now. Personally I'd love to play, but no one I know seems to want to.
>>
What should I buy if I want to start playing spooky dead things?
>>
>>47860787
The Start Playing! Spooky Dead Things box might be a sensible decision.
>>
>>47843443
I will fellate you.
>>
>>47860842
But there are two start spookbooks
>>
>>47861057
Spookbox,not books. Fuck
>>
>>47860586
Love this guy! did you just get the crown-thingie bit from someone else or do you have a Stardrake Celestant sitting on your workbench? With the rules, I'd go for the same sword as the Azyros, plus Inescapable Vengeance granting him D3 extra attacks on the charge.

With the crossbow, how about the profile of a Tempestor's Crossbow but slightly stronger and with bonus damage against monsters to include the harpoon part?
>>
>>47860787
do you want skeletons or ghosts?
>>
>>47861099
Depends on which you like better. The Mortarch one is a great start for an army, while the ghost one is a great start and good for adding onto an existing army. My suggestion is get both and another box of Spirit Hosts.

You can assemble the Black Knights from Skeleton Horde as Hex Wraiths so with all this you'd have

>Mortarch (build the one you like the most)
>10 Hexwraiths
>6 Spirit Hosts
>10 Skellies
>Mortis Engine
putting you at round about 75-90 Wounds depending on whether you base the Tomb Banshees that come with the Engine on their own. That size army makes for 2 hour games (and at our store is the preferred game size)
>>
>>47861099
>>47861057
Well, do you like spooky skelingtons or ghosts better? The skeleton box has more raw power, the ghosts are more centered around shenanigans.
There's also the excellent Ghoulish Host, if you like the new Flesheater Courts. The
at box basically gets you the ghoulking on terrorgheist and the varghulf for free, which is pretty substantial.
>>
>>47861344
I guess spooky skellies with some nice shock cavalery. Are vampires not part of spooky faction in AoS anymore? I think spooks deserve new models desu
>>
>>47861153
Thanks. I do in fact have a stardrake sitting on my workbench, but I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. Currently I'm leaning towards just leaving off the wings and greenstuffing over the gaps. I *loathe* the wings on the model, even though I like the rest.
The Azyros' sword is probably the right start, albeit with a somewhat neutered Inescapable Vengance. Not so sure about the crossbow, though. It doesn't really look like a rapid-fire weapon, does it? But the added damage against Monsters is cool. Definitely keeping that one.
>>
>>47861461
Vampires, or rather 'Soulblights' now (*ugh*), are still part of the Death grand alliance. The various subfactions are just more distinct now and have some keyword differences.
Also, undead got a lot of new models with the last book in WHFB and during Endtimes, I'd not expect too much new stuff in the near future.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.