[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: EsV6u2f.png (774 KB, 663x850) Image search: [Google]
EsV6u2f.png
774 KB, 663x850
>Previous Thread: >>47821158

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/%5BWtF%5DThe_Pack.PDF

>Latest News
http://theonyxpath.com/a-bucket-of-beckett-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Have you ever used real people in your games (Gonna ask the same question because nobody answered last time)
>>
>>47849477
My friends wanted to play a mortal game as more competent/skilled versions of what they were IRL. So yeah the entire game minus a few NPCs
>>
>>47849477

Nope! Expys, but never the actual thing.
>>
File: trumphillary.jpg (88 KB, 992x558) Image search: [Google]
trumphillary.jpg
88 KB, 992x558
>Have you ever used real people in your games (Gonna ask the same question because nobody answered last time)

What splats and subsplats are they?
>>
>>47849736
Mortals.
>>
>>47849736
Mortals. Stop trying to make famous individuals Supernatural. It's stupid as hell.
>>
>>47849736
>>47849909
The GM has been involved in the USA since it's inception, preparing, making everyone in the US retarded, concocting a situation where these two lunatics could be considered worthy of being President

The election is Infrastructure 300 years in the making, who wins determines which Angel is brought forth.
>>
Do all ghosts just have salt as their bane?
>>
>>47849990
All Rank 1 Ghosts probably do.
I mean, at that rank there's hardly enough of them there to form a coherent, individualised Bane.

Also it's quick and easy storytelling.
No matter where you go, so long as you've got a bag full of salt, you can ward off the weakest and least important of spectres.
>>
>>47850039
Upon closer reading, it seems like yea that's the basic deal. With more powerful spirits getting banes like holy water and exceptionally powerful geists of like, rank 4/5 getting specialized banes as normal.
>>
>>47849477
I almost used the actual Sheriff of the city I live in as an Angel in my Demon game, a while back.

I even gave him a write-up in the "People of Interest" handout I had in the roll20 for it.
A couple of days before the first session, though, I realized how bad of an idea that was, and swapped him out with the woman who turned out to be the bbeg of the single story that I ran them through.(a sort-of expy of Adele from Dollhouse)
>>
>>47849620
your friends sound like narcissists
>>
>>47849736
I ran a Mage oneshot and the players turned up as a party entirely composed of C-grade local celebrities such the more famous local newsreaders, ex-sports stars, the actual HR manager for the local branch of BHP Billiton etc.

It was honestly fucking excellent.
>>
File: 1453563477067.jpg (68 KB, 532x485) Image search: [Google]
1453563477067.jpg
68 KB, 532x485
>>47849990
>>47850039
What bane would the Temenos' Goetia of Bane have?
>>
I ran a MCWoD game (protip: don't) and made it so that many of the famous people of the world were replaced with various kinds of supernaturals. It never affected the game but added flavor to that shitstorm world. If the system was balanced in any way that didn't enable Mages to be walking gods at all moments then it might have been cooler.

I used some "special people" I happen to know as a group of mercenaries in a D&D game - watching the players try to guess why the one warrior was yelling nonsense in between swings was awesome.
>>
>>47850472
The problem with determining that is that anything that would fuck up the big guy himself only adds to the legend that is Bane.

It would have to be a physical representation of something that makes Bane posters stop Baneposting, which I'm not even sure exists.

Possibly the actual actor Tom Hardy on the basis that he is not actually a Big Guy, nor anyone really a Big Guy for him (He's of completely average height), and this dissonance damages its legend.
>>
>>47850541
What's MCWoD?

McDonald's World of Darkness?
>>
Which CofD game is best for roleplaying my fursona?
>>
File: 1464127073936.jpg (200 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1464127073936.jpg
200 KB, 1500x1500
>>47850472
>>47850586
Would it be a Space 1 Compelling spell to bend perceptions to make someone seem to be a big guy compared to everyone else?
>>
>>47850653
If I took your keyboard away, would you die?
>>
>>47850689
I'm posting on mobile, I don't have a keyboard as such
>>
>>47850586
His Bane is people who are bigger than him.
>>
>>47850600
Monte Cook's World of Darkness.

>>47850637
Changeling
>>
>>47849477
Richard Lovett, actually. If you don't know who he is, he is the president of the CAA, the most powerful talent agency in modern media. He is a silver ladder, and the Hierarch of LA's consilium. It was a counter strategy to the Seers aggressive grasp on the media.
>>
Still posting from a tablet, still thinking of Madge ideas while waiting for my power to come back. I really can't seem to think of anything good. I need something better than realm hopping. My original idea was Silent Hill stuff, with the Primordial Dream bleeding into reality. Maybe have Beasts and Circle of the Crone Acolytes think Mommy's coming or something. Spooky fog and tormenting people who have Guilt. Maybe a mortal cult like The Order...

My other idea is to try to use Gotham City again...
I still have ideas from werewolf. I could probably call it a genus loco or something and incorporate some of that Amadeus Arkham curse stuff.

Or just "lots of Irises and Verges, go explore The Hedge and Underworld and so on"... But that one seems boring. But also best for random adventures. I guess I will just have to talk with my players, but I want something to do while waiting for my power and conserving this tablets charge...

>>47849990
>>47850039
>>47850125
I statted Salt out as a Universal Ban. Can touch anything, and hurts Rank 0. If you can salt an iron weapon, it'll do at least bashing, and is basically an agnostic version of a blessed weapon.
A Salt line is treated as a Bane of "Do not cross", but rank 2+ can spend Willpower and roll to move in. Iron circles are a stronger version.
I basically made a Supernatural toolkit, but don't have it on this tablet.
>>
>>47849477
Yes, Obama was a major NPC in the last Mage the Ascension game I ran. He was kind of like the mortal spoiler for the main conflict between a coalition of Technocratic and Traditions Mages against Jihadi vampires (and Nephandi) who were waking up an antediluvian.
>>
>>47848138
>Haven't heard back yet, but I didn't expect to hear anything before Gen Con.
>I'm irrationally afraid that my posting here has completely fucked me.
Me too, but I haven't submitted yet. I don't know how to sell myself in the cover letter. I do think my write up was good, though everyone I showed it to was a little concerned about the Nightmare on Elm Street reference to a guy who "touched" kids. Toned that down just in case...
Hope I didn't make any mistakes.
>>
Can i simply use the Heavy Rain and Flooded tilts for Heaven Unleashed in addition to its normal effect or would it be too much?
>>
>>47852580
What's that?
>>
>>47852672
Gift of Weather from Wt:F 2e
>>
File: Kiritsugu.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kiritsugu.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
Stat me in Mage 2e.

Acanthus with Prime legacy?

Moros with Time legacy?
>>
>>47852905
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>47852684
Oh, that's why I didn't know it. I assumed Madge and couldn't find it.

>>47852905
His schtick is very tied to how Mages work in his setting. At best you could copy personality and outlook, in which case he wants Fate, Prime and Matter, using Prime and Matter for enchanted bullets and shit. Probably Moros, from attitude. Or a fatalistic Acanthus.

>>47852923
I need to make owlbear stats for CofD. Maybe just mix the owl mental traits and bear physicals.
>>
>>47852905
Idiot with stupid hair and a pistol.
>>
>>47852995
>Maybe just mix the owl mental traits and bear physicals.
sounds good to me. I believe it could also function as the smallest representation of a Forest Spirit.
>>
I just had a strange idea for a group of Skinthieves who, instead of using the hide of a singular animal, use parts of several different hides to provide mixed benefits.
>>
>>47849477
How strong is fortitude really? Seems like not many Ventrue use it, but it can theoretically make you nigh-invincible.
>>
>>47853035
Use parts of supers
>>
I think the guy in the previous thread is right about Vampires not needing politics. That part of the gameline feels pretty tacked on.
>>
File: godspeed confederate flag man.png (615 KB, 812x880) Image search: [Google]
godspeed confederate flag man.png
615 KB, 812x880
>>47849620
>>47850342
Our Storyteller makes us play Vampire like this, as fanged, bloodthirsty monsters with life experiences and backgrounds ripped from our lives.
>>
>>47853441
GODSPEED, CONFEDERATE FLAG MAN
>>
>>47853123
Because that's going to end well.

Aside from Patcworks I also had an idea for a branch (hue) of Skinethieves called Woodskins. Woodskins are people who use trees with holes tha have bein carved into them and coated in resin to walk around as a tree monster
>>
>>47853441
DEVILSPEED, CONFEDERATE FLAG MAN
>>
>>47853503
I wanted to run a crossover game of someone trying to build a Promethean out of supernaturals. Based on/imspired by book one of Dean Koontz' Frankenstein. And also that show about a murder in a bridge tunnel between UK and France or whatever. A joint taskforce is put together when mortals + go missing, and maybe some vamps disappear.

THe killer needs the best body parts. And maybe there is more than one. In the book, a serial killer was taking women's bodyparts out of a compulsion, just expecting maybe some unearthly beauty formed of those parts would show up to him, while a Frankenstein type guy was killing people to see their insides. The cops thought they were the same, but Deucalion (Victor's first creation, before making himself immortal and creating hundreds of created) helped stop the killer. It was an okay book, and the plot is great for involving Promethean in a non-Prommie game.
>>
File: gentle persuasion.jpg (57 KB, 349x451) Image search: [Google]
gentle persuasion.jpg
57 KB, 349x451
What does low Humanity feel like?

If an individual started with 7 Humanity, always had 5 Conscience, and now has 2 Humanity, over the course of just one month, what does that feel like? What has changed?

I'm having a hard time distinguishing what Humanity and Conscience mean, how they overlap, and how they differ.
>>
>>47854340
Conscience is if you can live with yourself.
Humanity is whether you feel like a monster.

High Conscience, low Humanity is basically saying "I've become a horrible person. I've killed dozens and ruined the lives of so many more, but I know why I did it, and I can live with that".

Though really all of those bits that form morality was my least favorite part of WoD, and that's saying something.
>>
>>47854340
As is customary with many things in WoD, think of it however you like. It doesn't really make much sense to begin with.
>>
>>47854340
In Masquerade, low Humanity usually means you have become more evil and selfish. However, in this particular case (max Conscience combined with super-low Humanity) I would actually advise taking a page from Requiem.

You still kind of care about the bad you do and realise you are a monster, but you also kind of accepted it. You will hurt people and have done so and will continue to do so. You might try to minimise the pain you cause but in the end, it is very clear to you that you are not mortal, that you are a predatory monster beyond redemption. That is just how it works.
>>
Guys, in Mage 2e what level of Matter do I need to rewrite something on a card?
I mean, I stole a CC from a random dude and I need to change the name on it, how can it be done with magic?
>>
>>47854613
Weaving, 3 dots. +2 Reach to make it Lasting or Patterning, 4 dots if you want to change the writing already on the card to something else.
>>
>>47854637
Thanks, anon.
>>
Can I repair/heal with Time 3?
>>
>>47855344

You could accelerate healing, but you'd have to revert an object to a point in time that it was undamaged, and (per Shifting Sands) Time can't do that at 3.
>>
>>47852995
Nigga, Nasuverse IS MtAs
>>
>>47855410
Shouldn't it be a Perfecting spell for healing bashing?
>>
>>47855410
>>47855600
Perfecting your healing should be perfectly (ha!) possible, but that would be a more general effect, like halving healing times by Potency, instead of straight up healing like Life would. It would also be a bit more unhealthy than Life healing as this spell would literally make you age faster, costing you time of your life (of course than you can cast a Veil of Moments to balance it out afterwards).
>>
>>47853420
People cause politics. Blood isn't important. Having people with whom you can relate, who know more than you, who have power and resources you don't, and perhaps most importantly, have different opinions than you, that you HAVE to live with creates politics.

Not to mention the very specific reasons for vampire politics in WoD, the whole "our antediluvian boss told us to do X or he'd vaporize us" followed by "the local Prince said I needed to do Y or he's blood hunting my ass". You don't play the game, you get got.
>>
>>47855600

Perfecting is used to restore patterns that fall under the arcanum's purview. You're not healing the person's timeline, you're trying to use time to heal them, which means the practice will be different.

Namely: Perfecting (giving them "more time") could accelerate someone's natural healing, but since objects have no natural healing (if anything, accelerating the passage of time would worsen things), you'd need to Weave the object back to a prior point in its timeline (Temporal Summoning), and then make the spell Indefinite.

So I goofed; you CAN do it at 3 dots, but it's not "true" lasting healing, it's more like a long-lasting band-aid, for objects.
>>
What happens when you kill a ghost in the underworld? It will reform somewhere down there as long it had a point of essence?
>>
>>47856422
Yeah, it will.
>>
Which clan do you think would work best with this character design?
>>
>>47856585
ventrue or tremere
>>
>>47856585
Brujah, Gangrel, or Ravnos
>>
>>47856585
Daeva.
>>
>>47856585
I'd go for Mekhet or Daeva. But really, anyone that isn't deformed works.
>>
>>47856585
Mekhet or Nosferatu.
>>
>>47854340
>>47854392
>>47854416
Probably something like the Operative from Serenity. They know that they and what they do is monstrous, but hold their motives in such high regard that they continue.
>>
So, I'm trying to scrabble together a few ideas for mysteries for statting my hometown for Mage. At the moment, shit I've determined (using IRL occult research) that could be a strong starting point, and indeed a necessary one given the city's lack of urban legends:

- The most isolated (State or National) Capitol city in the world.

- The furthest Capitol City in the world from a primary ley line.

- Paradoxically, the 2nd closest capitol city to the nearest 5-way primary ley line hub, one of only 4 in the world that occur on land (The others being Mt. Everest, The Pyramids, and some seemingly random stretch of Northwest Mexico)

- The city is incredibly sprawled, occupying many times the area of Los Angeles for instance at only a fraction of typical urban density.

- There is a single tertiary ley line crossing anywhere near the CBD, which has a number of prominent shopping districts built on it as well as the only movie theatre in the northern half of a city of millions.

- There are a number of awful monuments everyone hates, none of which have much history to them. The only old buildings in the city are the entire docks district, the university clocktower, and a couple of things in the CBD like a diminutive old church and the old bank.

- There are fucktons of brass statues everywhere. Street art isn't really a thing like in other major cities for some reason, but there is no end to the tide of life sized brass statues of previous city inhabitants. Mostly not even famous ones. Not on pedestals, just doing mundane stuff like sitting on a bench that was already there, waving for a taxi, trying to gather up stuff that fell out of their suitcase, crawling out of a manhole, checking building blueprints etc.
I'm assuming some sort of medusa plot would be good for this but we're a long way from Greece and I don't want it to be cliche.
>>
>>47857080
Could push for the artificial vibe, like this shouldn't be the Capitol City or as large as it is, but something wants it to serve a grander purpose. Maybe they're trying to emulate the ruins of a Time Before or the city has just been building itself and the fact that people use the buildings is just coincidental. Things just appear and dissapear when no one is looking, no one remembers how they came to live in the buildings that they do. Incorporate the crime and homelessness rates into it to show how content the populence is with its surroundings.

Maybe they're only here to camouflage what's beneath the surface.
>>
>>47857080
This sounds cool. Where is it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbL-NSkXnl8
It's official, the Red Guy is either a Mage or one of the Unchained.
>>
How the hell do you balance Chimestry? Looking at a Requiem 2e conversion for it, and it just seems like it's only limited by imagination. It's terrifyingly powerful.
>>
>>47861089
You remember things like Mages, Demons and Beasts exist and stop giving a shit.
>>
>>47853420
Small local vamp pop will have little to none.
Medium local vamp pop might have a covenant member or two present.
Only when the population sky rockets do politics really get involved.
>>
>>47859592
Could also be a mortal that wandered into Infrastructure.

>>47861089
It's limited by the same things that irl chemistry is limited by. If they want to create something, have them tell you what it would require, the dangers and why every chemistry undergrad doesn't do it on the weekends.
>>
>>47856585
Well, according to the other replies to your post, apparently any fucking clan you want.
>>
>>47849477
What is the relationship between the Fallen and the rest of the supernaturals, especially Mages.

They are demons but they clearly aren't the demons that the Nephandi or Baali deal with (doesn't even seem like Earthbound).
>>
>>47861370
They don't exist in my game though it's basically vampires only.
>>47861596
Chimestry is the Ravnos discipline from Masquerade.
>>
File: 1464418120860.gif (590 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1464418120860.gif
590 KB, 640x640
How big an Act of Hubris is it to go into the Temenos to kill internet memes?
>>
>>47862486
It a service to humanity. I'd reward them with Wisdom.
>>
>>47862486
Eh, probably fairly minor, I'd say it's a sin on average against Wisdom 8+?
You're forcibly changing public perspective by killing a concept.
Probably 9+ if it's social detritus/cancer, or as low as 6+ if it's in relation to a political/social topic, as you're forcing people to abandon thought about a specific important issue.

Really though it won't be easy.
We're talking Rank 4-5 Goetia for any of them worth a damn.
>>
File: tumblr_ny1cp8ZbHP1ul80vfo1_1280.png (171 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny1cp8ZbHP1ul80vfo1_1280.png
171 KB, 1280x1280
>>47862639
>We're talking Rank 4-5 Goetia for any of them worth a damn.

>yfw Pepe is on par with a Rank 5 incarna
>>
>>47861725
That's ChimeRstry. You balance that by not playing oWoD.

>>47862486
>>47862639
Not worth your while. They talked about that stuff in Soul Cage and you could kill a concept, but depending on how large it is, it would reform quickly. With the internet, people are thinking of memes all the time, so it would come back instantly.
>>
Are there any chill Brujah?
>>
File: pg 248.png (43 KB, 402x252) Image search: [Google]
pg 248.png
43 KB, 402x252
>>47862839
Not according to Mage 2e.
>>
File: 1465361779037.png (292 KB, 484x605) Image search: [Google]
1465361779037.png
292 KB, 484x605
>>47862839
>With the internet, people are thinking of memes all the time, so it would come back instantly.

Nah.

Mage 2e:
In fact, it’s possible to alter collective thought realms by changing their stories. These changes manifest in the material realm. If you want to get a television show cancelled, kill the protagonists in the Temenos; on some level, viewers will believe the show’s dead and watch something else.

Are you ready to kill Westeros and BTFO the /got/ autists over in /tv/ and Reddit?
>>
>>47863019
>>47863078
>implying memes are less pervasive than true love
>>
>>47863101
The God of Memes might be.
But individual Memes in his Court may live and die at his whim.
>>
>>47863125
>God of Memes
What does he look like?
>>
>>47863153
Donald Trump with dicks for hands.
>>
File: 5636087775_576704e696_o.jpg (1 MB, 1983x1746) Image search: [Google]
5636087775_576704e696_o.jpg
1 MB, 1983x1746
>>47863153
Who knows? Probably ever-changing.
>>
What kind of "super evolved monsters" are there for each splat in the Chronicles of Darkness? I know that there are Archmasters for Mage and Alpha predators for Beast, but what about Demon, Vampire, Werewolf and the other splats?
>>
>>47858323
Haha oh man. I posted it right before heading to sleep. It's Perth, Western Australia.
>>
>>47863264
Arch-Sin Eaters are very strongly implied to be Death Lords. Demons, Vampires and Werewolves have instances of them that have become archmage tier, but there's no consistent classification for them. Like, the Vampire one is a archmaster tier ghost-type entity that anchors to anyone who ever uses Cruac.
>>
>>47863837
Are there any more instances of those "Archmage-Tier" classifications that you know of? They seem super interesting, especially since there doesn't seem to be any concrete method to create one unlike Mages and Beasts.
>>
>>47864003
Not really. Mages and to a much lesser extent Beasts are an aspirational splat. They have a set endgame goal, or at least a suggested one.

All Vampires can do is get stronger, and in fact many don't want to get much stronger, as Blood Potency can have some heft drawbacks.
Same story with Changelings, sure the Wyrd is great and all, but the higher you get, the more of your Durance you remember, and the harder it is to hold on to Clarity.
Werewolves? Eh, haven't read that one much, but all I guess you do is become the motherfucking apex predator of the Spirit and keep up the good work.
>>
guise, i wanna get into wod, vampire to be precise. what should i read? cwod, owod etc. etc. all that shit confuses me so much
>>
>>47864045
First universe, World of Darkness, which is the Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines universe, it's all about Caine, being cursed by God, and is firly rooted in the 90's, and a universe 3 seconds away from destruction by various horrific forces. Grab yourself Vampire the Masquerade if you want to look into that one.

Second universe, Chronicles of Darkness, the one created second, it has little definitive metaplot and less history on the whole. The clans are a few general groups, and there are lots more factions. This one's Vampire the Requiem, of which the 2nd edition is still somewhat new.
>>
>>47864003
I totally forgot but, high Wyrd Changelings are implied to be able to transition to true fae, and while there is no statted way to do this with sanity intact, there are easily enough rules lying around to assemble rules for playable True Fae.

They actually saw use in a multi-splat game I was in. Pretty cool. You have titles, which can be reabsorbed or extruded into several different forms.
>>
>>47864163
>there is no statted way to do this with sanity intact
You're going True Fae.
Of course you don't get to stay sane.
>>
>>47864156
is vtm a part of owod? or is vampire the dark ages part of owod. i want to start with vampires and slowly extend into mage and werewolf.
>>
>>47856585
Ventrue, Toreador, Tremere or Lasombra.
>>
>>47864280
Both are a part of the old World of Darkness.
Vampire the Dark Ages is a setting book designed for playing Vampires in the World of Darkness universe in a previous time period.

So less latex, sunglasses at night and trenchcoats, and more plague, knights, and priests.
>>
>>47864045
>>47864280
oWod and cWod are the same thing, Old and Classic respectively. It's now been branded as WoD and nWoD is CofD (Chronicles of Darkness).

World is metaplot heavy with lore for days.
Chronicles are more of a pallet with which to tell your own stories. The exact events of the past are neither known, important or fixed.

What sort of Vampire are you looking for?
>>
>>47856585
Faggot clan
>>
>>47862894
By virtue of their clan weakness, they have no chill.
>>
>>47864209
I mean, YEAH, but in as far as being an Arch-splat I feel like the inability to have a morality stat above 0 is a bit too serious a weakness.

Like don't get me wrong, every Archmage is a little nutso, every Deathlord is A LOT nutso, and Fae by nature are going to be even more nutso still, but the actual statted True Fae are a hell of a lot more mentally functional (And theoretically playable) than a PC who turns into one ever would be.
>>
>>47863078
>BTFO

I've never gotten this one. Beat the fuck off?
>>
>>47865397

Blow(n) The Fuck Out
>>
>>47863078
You'd think they would be recreated really quickly, even if the new version is much weaker than the old one. I could still see that dealing a major blow to a show, but I don't understand why even if the protagonist was killed deader than dead, a new goetia wouldn't appear to take its place.
>>
Why do never hear anyone complain about the Mekhet getting shafted on the Clan Bane front?

Worse reaction to Banes in general, AND must take a weakness that does nothing.
The second one is what bothers me. They MUST take a chosen Bane, which weakens them considerably compared to the other clans. I mean, I thought it was the Ventrue who were supposed to have trouble keeping their Humanity up. They have no penalties at all, in fact, their Clan Bane is a non-issue until Humanity 2, provided you invest in a Merit a little earlier than you otherwise would. (You'd still have to get it though, so the cost is the same as for everyone else.)
>>
Does anyone know what books feature info Vanguard Serial Crimes Unit? Iv been looking but I cant really find anything.
>>
>>47867487
Slashers
>>
>>47849477
I don't get Mage: The Awakening. The rules I understand, the setting I do not.
>>
>>47867846
What don't you understand? Elaborate, senpai.
>>
>>47867846
Brace for metaphor:

It's basically The Matrix.
Everyone is in the matrix (the Lie, the Fallen World). Mages realize what's going on and can see bits of source code (supernal symbols, mage sight) and can do some Neo rule-bending/breaking stuff, but can't actually leave. The Exarchs live outside of the matrix (the supernal) and want to keep that world to themselves, so they do whatever they can to keep everyone else trapped inside. Some mages go all Cypher and make deals to get power/riches/luxury in exchange for helping the Exarchs.
The gap between the matrix and "real" world has ...things in it that constantly try to work their way into the matrix. They do not fit and cause all sorts of problems.
>>
>>47854340
It feels like having low curse resistance and item discovery.
>>
How big is the standard werewolf's territory?
>>
>>47852121
>No one answered my question
I think I will go with the Silent Hill one, as I said in the Silent Hill thread >>47870527
>My Mage city is going to have the Temenos/Primordial Dream basically pulling people into these horrible little naturally occurring Beast Chambers to "help" people get over their Guilt. I might have some Beasts and Circle of the Crone Acolytes, maybe with a few Mystery Cult mortals acting like The Order, thinking that this is the work of the Dark Mother.

>>47862707
>Worth a damn
>>47863019
I want a Mage story where someone really hates a TV show so they kill the lead's Goetia.

>>47863837
That's not an archmage tier Vampire. That's just The Maiden's ghost. Her Anchor is "The concept of Cruac". She's just a powerful Ghost, though. In 2e, she might be a Geist. There's also the US' murder spirit, who's Anchor is "literally the country of the United States".
>>
>>47871233
>they kill the lead's Goetia.
>Not magicking up a gun that can kill someone in real time if you shoot something broadcasting their image.
How shameful. Though I wonder what Arcana you would need for that.
>>
Have anyone played religious Hunter before? inquisitor-style, sort of. I'm trying to make one, and in need of bases and ideas for my character. Please share your experience, or inspiration please!
>>
>>47871264
Prime 4 to Imbue a gun with Teleport, cast upon the bullet at the moment of firing, using the image's Sympathetic Yantra to target the individual.

Though I'm uncertain if you can use Yantra on an Imbued Item. I would probably say no.
>>
So, I've been looking through the mega, and there's a lot more pdfs than I previously expected. Can anyone tell me where I should start?
>>
>>47871632
Why not tell us what you're looking for?
>>
>>47871605
that's a bummer. the only other option I can think of is using the Sympathetic Yantra with Forces to explode the guys head Scanners style.
>>
>>47871651
Well, that's pretty much the thing. I don't know a whole lot about WoD in general. I've played Vampire: the Masquerade but never finished it and that's pretty much it.
>>
>>47871823
Well the thing is there's no one place to start, it all depends on what you want to read about. I mean, if you want to read up on Vampire then most of Masquerade was collected in V20, the 20th anniversary of Vampire: The Masquerade. Or, if you want to check out a complete rethinking of the Vampire game then there's Vampire: Blood and Smoke in the NWoD section.
>>
>>47871919
Pretty sure he meant Bloodlines, since he said "never finished it".

>>47871823
You're not missing much. Last half to third of that game is utter ass. It may or may not be true, but common sentiment is that nWoD 2e is actually closer to Bloodlines than Masquerade was.

So for a place to start, grab the Chronicles of Darkness corebook.
>>
>>47871919
>>47872041
Yeah, sorry, Bloodlines. I'll look into CoD, then. Just thought the setting was neat and never got around to checking out the tabletop until now.
>>
So is there nothing at all besides the core book for Requiem 2e?
>>
>>47872123
>Just thought the setting was neat
It's... something, alright. I think at this point the tide has mostly turned away from oWoD.

It has a LOT of setting, and it's often very detailed and interconnected, and the setting changed and grew as people played and they released more books. Each game book moved the story along a little (this is Metaplot) which tends to make things complicated. Personally, I think some of oWoD could be workable if not for the fact that both setting and mechanics are kind of a mess.

CofD goes a different route. Especially in the corebook, it can be played as a generic horror--or even action and investigation--game. There is a chapter for running a type of game where there's a massive entity known as the God-Machine that secretly subverts human infrastructure and has robotic angels, but that's a very specific thing that's not really necessary to focus on. It takes the approach where the only thing in your chronicle is what you want to be in it, so it tends to give multiple suggestions of how to handle things.

Gamelines (Mage, Vampire, Hunter, etc) have more defined settings, but they also tend to have many things up in the air or intentionally vague (the VII, which in 1e had a book dedicated to them that provided three options, suggesting you could use one, two, or even all three). Pretty much anything from a supplement is wibbly wobbly, but they can be interesting, and have interesting implications. The detailed connections between gamelines are there, but they're also more vague, and require deeper awareness of the games, instead of confusing things for new players.

>>47872181
An SAS that previewed the 2e rules and Open Dev for Secrets of the Covenants. But no real sourcebooks.
>>
>>47872276
The gamelines sound like they're more my kind of thing, so I'll have to check them out too. I'm not a huge fan of metaplot, but I'll probably read through it anyway. Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>47868200
So, it's a bit of a dramatic shift from Ascension in that Ascension had a much more direct enemy in the technocracy.

Most people who've tried Mage in my circle don't really understand the 'point' of Mage, why wouldn't a Mage opt to ignore all of this or become more nihilistic/solipsistic?

Are the 'good' guys really dedicated to truth? Or are they more interested in carving out power and land for themselves, despite it not meaning nothing in the end?
>>
>>47872549
Well, depending on how you look at it, there are two, three, four, or even something like 8 versions of the game.

The main division is "nWoD" and "oWoD".
Originally, there was World of Darkness (Masquerade, Ascension, Apocalypse, etcetera), but that ended in 2004 and became known by fans as "Old World of Darkness" or oWoD
Since 2004, nWoD ("New World of Darkness") was officially called World of Darkness
oWoD was officially "Classic World of Darkness", and in 2011 they started with a 20th Anniversary line.

Last year, Paradox bought White Wolf off of CCP and decided they really only cared about Classic.
Classic is now the One World of Darkness, officially "World of Darkness"
They mandated that nWoD, which was just starting its second edition, be renamed "Chronicles of Darkness" (abbreviated CofD, or CoD if you're dumb, or ChronD if you're some freak).

The nWoD/CofD stuff doesn't have much in terms of a metaplot, though some people seem to mistake it for one. You'll never have to worry about what changed in the setting since you started out. In oWoD, you'd read the corebook and not know that, for instance, a red star appeared in the sky, an Antedeluvian awoke and killed a bunch of people and then the Gangrel left the Camarilla (Bloodlines alludes to the red star, but mostly ignores this).

It does have a lot of cool fluff, though, and references between the lines.
>>
>>47872591
There's the Seers of the Throne if you need a dedicated villain group.
As for ignoring things, it's pretty difficult. They always know when supernatural phenomena happens, and they also can, using Mage Sight, *see* the Exarch's mark on everything. Though admittedly in 2e they don't really go into detail about that, so it's played up or down at your leisure. Most Mages *do* seem to ignore specifically that. Reality is a Lie, but it's an interesting one. Escaping it and Ascending to the Supernal Realms would be nice, but it's easy to get distracted by all the interesting shit you can poke with a stick and research. Mages also have Obsessions, which is essentially a carrot to guide them towards doing new supernatural shit. Other carrots include the fact that they get special XP just for learning new things.

Of course, the stick comes when you use your magic too much for your own control and end up pulling down a bit of the Abyss as well. The other Anon doesn't mention that, but the Abyss is basically the anti-reality that doesn't want you to grab any pieces of heaven and rewrite the Fallen World.

It's The Matrix, but you don't necessarily need to play up that aspect. In fact, while the main factions see everything as originating from the Supernal, one protagonist faction sees everything magical as springing up from humanity first, then creating the supernal symbols.

>Are the 'good' guys really dedicated to truth? Or are they more interested in carving out power and land for themselves, despite it not meaning nothing in the end?
They're not really dedicated to anything. You have several competing ideas of what Magic is and what the source of it is, with four groups that work with a fifth to do their own thing, while the sixth faction (the Seers) are trying to be Cypher, as the anon put it. It's not entirely accurate: They want material pleasures, but they also believe they'll get supernal power and be allowed to Awaken and join their dark Gods.
>>
Why does the Ordo Dracul write-up in Blood and Smoke keep referencing underground fighting rings? It looks like the connection is never explained, but 'bareknuckle boxer' is one of the example character concepts.
>>
Can someone explain withstanding magic for me?

>>47872591
Why would someone ignore it, tho? Imagine a scenario where you had a weird-ass dream and woke up doing some fucked up shit with your will, wouldn't you question it?
And if you were approached by some weird-ass guy who says he's been watching you and can answer your questions... Wouldn't you give him a chance?

As for the "point": There is a new reality and you suddenly discover you are pretty much a demi-god, but power also corrupts. If the humanity-based-play doesn't get you into the game that much, maybe you should focus on discovering new things (following Mysteries). It's about YOUR agenda. You just got past the "code" and you discovered it was all a lie, so what do you do next? Would someone REALLY ignore it? Some mages could go *BOOM* and really fuck things up, but it has a cost that almost no one is willing to pay, and those who do pay it find themselves with little or no time left to play with the world.
We also have antagonists that serve the ones who control the Lie (Matrix) in exchange of power, so... Yeah, everyone has their own personal point. **Awakening, tho. In Ascension we have the technocracy with different agendas**
Pardon me if I got something wrong.
>>
>>47873661
>Can someone explain withstanding magic for me?

Potency is the enemy's attack points

Withstand is your defence points

If Potency > Withstand, the spell affects you. If not, the spell fizzles harmlessly.
>>
File: 1412118065998.png (280 KB, 634x466) Image search: [Google]
1412118065998.png
280 KB, 634x466
What cool shit could a Mage with 5 dots in Death do in Nwod 1e?
>>
>>47873716
Kill thing's ability to die, making them immortal and indestructible.
>>
>>47873806
What happens if you do this and then kill their ability to live?
>>
>>47873856
They become immortally unalive
>>
>>47872794
The whole name game was something that I'd been confused about. Are both versions, CofD and Classic, if I read all that right, still being updated?
>>
>>47873919
Yes.
>>
>>47873896
And most likely rather confused. failing that you now have an indestructible corpse you can hit people with.
>>
>>47873684
If I have 4 to withstand something with Potency 5, does the spell take effect with 1 Potency?
>>
>>47873969
No, it's binary. If they beat your withstand, the full Potency hits you, if not then the whole spell fizzles
>>
>>47873856
>>47873896
Or, you know, a Making Death spell kills them.

If Unmaking Death means they live, Making Death makes them dead.

>>47873969
Bingo.
If something is Withstood multiple times (a combined spell, or Temporal/Range Sympathy) you use the highest Withstand rating, +1 for each additional Withstand. If something has multiple subjects, each Withstands separately.

>>47873998
Negative
>Withstood spells reduce their Potency by levels equal to the Withstand rating. If this leaves the spell with no levels in Potency, it still counts as an active spell against spell control but has no further effect
>>
File: 1444948439368.jpg (10 KB, 199x149) Image search: [Google]
1444948439368.jpg
10 KB, 199x149
>>47873806
>Immortal beings that can't be killed are a major plot point of my GM's campaign
Yeah... he's not gonna let that happen.
>>
>>47873998
Oh, ok. Somehow it sets me off tho, the more withstand you have, the more people will fuck your shit up.
Like, with 5 withstand, spell will ALWAYS take effect with 6 Potency.

>>47874039
Oh... Now I get it.

Thanks, guys.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQVmkDUkZT4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfYbgdo8e-8
I'm sure you could you could use these as the catalyst of an Obrimos or Mastigos Awakening.
>>
File: riddle me this kain.png (3 KB, 131x129) Image search: [Google]
riddle me this kain.png
3 KB, 131x129
Malkiasyd RETURNS
>best kiasyd encounters
>best kiasyd character triumphs
>good riddles
>>
>>47875191
Not a riddle, but I have good poem idea:

>"Roses are red, violets are blue. Some poems rhyme, but this one doesn't!"
>>
File: 1466332108660.jpg (28 KB, 279x493) Image search: [Google]
1466332108660.jpg
28 KB, 279x493
>>47875191
[Spoiler]!!!!!![/Spoiler]
>>
>>47875250
>>47875191
wasn't their progenitor locked up for few decades because he was really fucking weird?
>>
File: 1429824151137.png (88 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1429824151137.png
88 KB, 225x225
>>47875215
Roses are red
>Violets are blue
GARLIC BREAD
blink 182
>>
File: the matrix has you.png (6 KB, 128x130) Image search: [Google]
the matrix has you.png
6 KB, 128x130
>>47875281
he prefers "late bloomer"
>>
>>47875328
My one is funnier.
>>
>>47875191
>Malkiasyd
So was he created from a Malk hazing ritual or what?
>>
>>47875281
they were called weirdlings in the final nights.
they lack the hivemind of the Malkis
they are so lost in every game
>>
>>47875442
>Malkiasyd
i made a Kiasyd with /oWoW/ once and they ruled my ass back to cave man times.
they weird. malks are weird. no more in common

they are a failed experiment
Lasombra members tried to become more skilled in probing the abyss. get wack magic potion from a Mage filled with fae blood.
turns them into alien super scholars.
(with sick fea spells)
>>
>>47875453
Still not as cool as a Tzimsce fusing a Lasombra and a antitribu Malk to make a horrifying blob of terminally insane shadow goop.

Although I think introduction the MMN to the source of all Obtenebration would be a horrible move.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7fsPdD9r74
Why the Wrym doesn't really mix well with the Lasombra.
>>
File: 1454433186FWXDM.jpg (75 KB, 550x636) Image search: [Google]
1454433186FWXDM.jpg
75 KB, 550x636
>>47875596
>not wanting to play a Kiasyd 2ed
>not wanting to have little goblin minions who know geomancy
>not wanting to turn ppl into stone whilst having obtenebration
>not wanting to do cool fae tricks and steal ppls knowledge.
i hope you joking around fella
>>
>>47875706
Trust me, I like that as well. Doesn't mean I can't like other things as well.
>>
>>47875754
...Why am I so bad at words today?
>>
File: 5612915345234.jpg (56 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
5612915345234.jpg
56 KB, 480x720
>>47875754
fair enough.
im just saying you are creating kreepy shoggoths and im kinda ok with that
>>
Any tips to roleplay a Chatolic Priest Nosferatu?
>>
>>47875822
you should walk around like senator palpetine
the confession chamber should be your favorite place.
maybe a slow but wise appearance
with deep shame for being a disgrace for what god intended a believer to look like.
?kastaisation?
maybe acts very old (coughs whispers) to disguise his looks.
what do you want do do with him?
>>
>>47875786
>shoggoths
Isn't that particular slot taken by Tub of Flesh? Also thanks.

I suppose another thing you could do with Malks is make the Brotherhood of Dada.

>Mister Nobody: Malk who got diablerized by one of the Lasombra, only to pull himself out of the guys shadow when he next tried to use Obtenebration (don't ask how he did it, It doesn't make much sense)
>>
>>47875822
>>47875927
"So, it's treason then."
Would he have Celerity.
>>
File: Tremere_Revised,_p._78.jpg (38 KB, 360x692) Image search: [Google]
Tremere_Revised,_p._78.jpg
38 KB, 360x692
Do Vampire Devs have something against the Tremere? It seems like the setting shits on them constantly.

-someone turns off magic so they need to find a new way to not die
-they accidentally a vampire, which cuts them off from what magic they had left
-no one trusts them because of that thing where they ate a guy
-their new vampire magic stops working right too
-they get turned into tang in vampire instrumentality
>>
File: 1415146625268.gif (1016 KB, 322x166) Image search: [Google]
1415146625268.gif
1016 KB, 322x166
>>47876005
>always debating with his own shadow
thats like pushing drop dead fred on someone who just ate the wrong food.
you monster!
>>
>>47876255
Nah, the devs hate all the clans equally.
>>
>>47876255
>why do Mages get shit on in RPGs
because.
also can i interest you in a brand new kiasyd?
fae magic strong and!
>>
>>47876343
>hate all the clans equally
>literally kill of an entire clan
>>
>>47876381
If we're talking Gehenna, only one clan dying is one of the better outcomes.
>>
>>47876381
>trying to establish dominance without wiping out a clan first.
good luck with that
>>
>>47876309
>drop dead fred
Wut?

>you monster!
Didn't I say that linking someone connected to the Malkavian Madness Network into the Abyss that powers Obtenebration would be a bad move?
>>
File: york.jpg (35 KB, 620x368) Image search: [Google]
york.jpg
35 KB, 620x368
>>47867699
thanks pal I just found it
>>
>>47876437
this has been established.
malk + ? = not complete chaos?
>>
File: käthe.jpg (79 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
käthe.jpg
79 KB, 600x450
anyone even playing wod nowadays?
>>
>>47876584
Nope. OP stays afloat purely through people who want to bitch about how much cooler their hypothetical friend's hypothetical Jello Mage is over their hypothetical Fungus Mage.
>>
>>47871053
I think it depends on the location. Territories in an urban area are presumably pretty small, whereas those in the middle of nowhere are probably rather large.
>>
>>47876584
I'm actually currently playing a V20 game
Playing a Humanity 4 Brujah who is trying to convince the Humanity 8 Caitiff that we should just kill this gangster who was part of a group that tried to kill us, since I already drained his friend and dumped in the river.

He's probably gonna save him at the cost some of his own blood, though.
>>
Which oWoD clan gives me the best chance of playing a giant, poo-eating snake?
>>
>>47876851
Tzmitsche
>>
>>47876883
Splendid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQabOtbIIvg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ZpXzph10U
>>
>>47871053
There's no real average. It's as big of an area as they can reasonably patrol in one day, usually. But in rural areas it's usually way larger just because they can claim huge areas with little contest.
>>
oWoD Gangrel seem pretty shafted when it comes to Disciplines. Aside from Protean they have nothing worth spending experience on.
>>
>>47877180
>Animalism to control animals and make sure your friends don't kill you in a Frenzy
>Fortitude so you don't get killed by some vampire hunter with a flamethrower QUITE as easily
Your opinion is entirely subjective, like every other opinion
>>
File: wizard.png (251 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
wizard.png
251 KB, 640x480
I'm thinking of getting into Mage, but I'm not sure how to start. I read some of the Awakening book, and didn't like the fluff. I understand there's some sort of patchwork golden edition with Ascension's fluff and Awakening's crunch? I'm not even sure which Ascension I want; there are three core rulebooks to choose from. Also, last time I popped in this thread, there was a big discussion about some new Awakening crunch that seemed really complex.
>>
>>47877641
Just read through MtAscension 20th anniversary edition, and if you don't like that (and you don't like Awakening), then you don't really want to play Mage.
>>
>>47877277
This. Animalism in particular is painfully underrated.
>>
>>47877756
nothing beats the tactical application of bear.
>>
CofD Daeva Slav bloodline when? They might have Auspex.
>>
Time for a slavmalk quote
>"*gibberish* PASHO NAHOY PETIR BLYAT!"
>>
>>47877714
Where's that in the MEGA folder? Is that (revised) or is that 2nd ed?
>>
>>47877971
It's not, as far as I can tell, because the mega doesn't have everything.
>>
>>47877917
Stop trying to steal other clans' UNIQUE Discipline with a Bloodline
It doesn't work like that
If you want Auspex, play a Mekhet.
>>
>>47878247
You're a pedant, you know that right?
>>
You know what would be really Ironic, if the Tremere Liches had a House within their numbers based on the oWoD Tzmisce.
>>
>>47878367
CofD Tremere actually used to be Vampires.
They're Mages who became Vampires, then got turned back into Mages.
>>
>>47873806
I think you still need archmastery for that.
>>
>>47878465
this no doubt left them feeling rather confused.
>>
>>47878518
He was talking about having 5 dots of Death, which IS Arc level.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-20-14-24-12.png (162 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-20-14-24-12.png
162 KB, 480x800
>>47878247
Hmm, have you actually look at any bloodlines?

Here is a official bloodline for Gangrel it comes with Majesty.

Here a link to the page.

http://theonyxpath.com/the-jaws-of-the-beast/

Fucking do research. Before bitching.
>>
Kindred and wolves get their unique fighting styles. All i have with mage 2e is Adamant Hand. Where is the magical kung fu?
>>
>>47878591
No thats mastery not archmastery. Archmastery is arcane above 5.
>>
>>47878751
They fight like people.
>>
>>47877641
Read Awakening 2e. Check the header.

>>47878247
>>47877917
>>47878712
>Children of Judas
Auspex, Despond, Majesty, and Resilience
>En
Celerity, Dominate, Majesty, Vigor, and whatever Gifts of the Alu are.
>Erzebet
Auspex, Celerity, Majesty, Vigor
>Eupraxus
Celerity, Dominate, Majesty, Nightmare
>Kallisti
Celerity, Dominate, Majesty, Perfidy
>Kinnaree
>Malintzin
Celerity, Dominate, Majesty, Vigor
>Naditu
>Nelapsi
Celerity, Majesty, Nightmare, Vigor
>Toreador
Celerity, Dominate, Majesty, Vigor

Those are just Daeva.

>>47878332
That's not actually what pedant means.

>>47878518
Deny The Reaper can return the dead to life. It's also repeatedly stated that you can effectively become immortal rather easily.
>>
>>47878751
There was actually a Brutal Casting style that David Hill wrote, but Dave killed it.
>>
>>47849477
I still want to know what the middle mirror is supposed to be in that pic
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-20-14-42-54.png (380 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-20-14-42-54.png
380 KB, 480x800
>>47878871
Dude I'm on your side bloodlines can get unique disciplines.

But for becoming immortal im just going to post the the lich section of mage.
>>
>>47876255
Saulot sends his regards, fuckbois.
>>
>>47879038
But it says right there that they can. In fact, it *is* easy, it's just not secure.

Also, I was just linking you because you were part of that discussion.
>>
>>47879178
Alright we good then, we are on the same page then.
>>
>>47877756
You can just tell they ran out of ideas 2 dots in. And then, after they released it, they came up with some decent stuff, but because they couldn't just change the first 5 dots they had to shoehorn everything decent into 6 dots and on.
>>
Is it a better idea to prioritize Disciplines or Blood Potence?
>>
Our Cabal just banished its first Abyssal intruder, but we did it by stealing a Scelestus' research journal.

How fucked are we?
>>
>>47880900
Not fucked at all, now you can take your first steps into illumination.
>>
Are the second editions for VtR and WtF actually in the folder? Sorry if I'm begging without contributing.
>>
>>47880900
Not at all, just avoid invoking the Abyss, and leave that book with the Mysterium and you're sweet. Might even get a pat on the back depending on how powerful the entity was.
>>
Have anyone got some fitting Bible quotes for a religious hunter character?
>>
>>47882185
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Wrath-Of-God/

I googled 'wrathful bible verses'
>>
Latest Network Zero is up where we look at Vampire the Requiem 2nd edition and do our best to talk as little about Masquerade as possible.
http://networkzero.podbean.com/e/network-zero-2/
>>
Are there any WoD fan sites wth character archives? Like, character sheets/concepts posted.
>>
>>47880782
Disciplines generally. Blood Potency only starts paying off as you get into higher tiers but also has feeding drawbacks.
>>
So, Secrets of the Covenants is coming out, are there any other 2E books for VtR?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrwT3bhRz8M
>>
File: 1379660575184.jpg (39 KB, 685x768) Image search: [Google]
1379660575184.jpg
39 KB, 685x768
>>47882185
Play the first Call Of Juarez
>>
>>47849477
playing my first game as DM in VTM
I've chosen a slightly alternate Vienna as setting, with a little bit lower tech level than real (no smartphones except some experimental shit some nerds might have) to make research not to easy. Vienna is also the town we live in IRL so describing scenery is much easier and we can talk in terms of districts.
Vienna, being a camerilla city, but also kind of the new capital of the inquisition brings conflict potential. Also some Anarchs trying to set foot and Sabbat trying to poison the city from within, pit the Anarchs and Camerilla against each other, while establishing drug trade.
The tzimisce also use the confusion of this to get Flesh for their constructs get a foot in the city. Meanwhile the camerilla tries to pit Inquisition vs Anarchs to get them off their own ass.
City is dominantly ruled by Ventrue and Nosferatu, Nosferatu gaining power in the mortal world with their tech companies.

Going for petty politics, some trouble with hunters and anarchs, and the Tzemice cult as the real threat.

Thoughts?
>>
>>47884551
Why would you remove smartphones solely so research is less easy? That's one of the main draws of modern supernatural, you can research shit, but it's not going to be necessarily right. Yeah, Wikipedia tells you /this/ about vampires...but is it true? Misinformation is great, and arbitrarily removing modern tech for that reason is so dumb.
>>
>>47884600
Well, it makes a lot of things easier. HQ photos, always being able to research on the run, having a recorder with you at all times, all of this has a lot of impact.
Also, it makes the whole masquerade incredibly hard to play straight, when every common man can look you up on the internet. "Oh this jackson dude, wait he was born 300 years ago?"
And, what good would it do to the setting if i was to make the technological setting compareable to todays?

damn, i forgot how hard it actualy is to communicate in english. sorry if i sound dumb.
>>
>>47884730
Why not just set your game in a different time period where smartphones aren't as prominent? They were a rarity less than a decade ago.
>>
>>47884730
>Well, it makes a lot of things easier. HQ photos, always being able to research on the run, having a recorder with you at all times, all of this has a lot of impact.
Yes, that is a thing they can do. But their enemies know they can do it, and can do it too. The world's modern, and the point is 'how do the monsters adapt to the modern world'.

>Also, it makes the whole masquerade incredibly hard to play straight, when every common man can look you up on the internet. "Oh this jackson dude, wait he was born 300 years ago?"
Any smart vampire won't be traceable via the internet, and even then, can easily pass it off as 'he's a distant relative, we look alike'. No common man will be able to tell someone's a vampire via google unless you give the vampire the idiot ball.

>And, what good would it do to the setting if i was to make the technological setting compareable to todays?
Better investigation, actually making it more like the timeline you're setting it in instead of just cutting shit for dumb reasons.

If you really don't want smartphones, just set it in the fucking 90s. Setting in the 'modern day except no smartphones' is dumb as shit.
>>
>>47884785
>>47884802

I guess in the end its a slightly different 2005 my worlds playing in. It's not only smartphones, its the general level of tech being a bit less "there" than in reality.
But you probably are right as it doesnt matter if I just put the setting in 200x instead of explaining what is and isnt part of this timeline in 2016.
>>
File: 1464330316746.gif (2 MB, 556x720) Image search: [Google]
1464330316746.gif
2 MB, 556x720
What are some Alchemy ideas for MtAw Alchemy, Manufacture Powder?

Its gotta be area spells.
>>
>>47885389
Powders are Forces spells, aren't they? Anti-grav powder.

Though really I feel like the only interesting application of Alchemy is stuff like Life potions and ungents for Unveiling. The alchemy system left a lot to be desired. It was hard to make proper one shot magical items.
>>
>>47885471

Only have Forces 2 at the moment I'm afraid. And I think its ANY spells as long as they have Area?

You just need Forces 2 to for the spell itself, no?
>>
>>47885503
Oh, right, you're using 1e obviously.

If I understand alchemy right, any Forces spell is an Alchemical Powder. For other sort of alchemy, you need different Arcana. You need Matter 3 and one other Arcanum to do alchemy.

Any powder is essentially just a Forces spell in a prepackaged way.
>>
File: 1352959081763.png (20 KB, 493x466) Image search: [Google]
1352959081763.png
20 KB, 493x466
>>47885572

Oh, yeah I should have mentioned I'm doing an alchemist build. I'm just curious what would be some interesting Area spells to use as a "grenade" or whatever.

Influence Light might make for a good Flash Bang?

If it helps I have Matter 3, Forces 2, Life 2, Death 1, Space 1.
>>
>>47885611
>I should have mentioned I'm doing an alchemist build
That was obvious, from you asking what kind of alchemy things you should do.

1e's alchemy left me a little disappointed. If I remember, You either couldn't do things like "sprinkle a powder on a Ghost to get it Manifested" or "put cream on your eyes to see ghosts" or you couldn't do them without also requiring you have multiple Arcanum. I did an Alchemist and just stuck with Life 3, Matter 3
>>
>>47885707

Really? Because I'm going through the book right now and I'm seeing shit to do that no problem.
>>
>>47885757
Ah, looking over it, I see my problems again:

Gross Matter is specific, and only certain spells can go in certain Gross Matter, but each form of Gross Matter requires different Arcana. If I want to make an area of effect powder, I have to have Forces. I mean, I kind of assume they didn't make the Powder one more specific as an oversight, judging from the other ones.
Like, most of the Gross Matter could be combined. You shouldn't need eight different Life spells that all do the same thing in a different form.

But, since they don't have very specific requirements for powder other than "it has to be AoE"... Heal Grenades.
>>
>>47886012
Basically, I just wish Alchemy was adding Matter to a spell to imprint it into a one shot item.
>>
Hey, I don't usually post here (I haven't played WoD for a while), but I have been roped into being the Storyteller for a HtV game.

I know the setting and the lore, but I haven't ever run WoD before. Do you guys have any advice that I can use?

(I'm thinking that it's going to be VASCU-centered, but that could easily change.)
>>
I've been gone for four days and missed all of you!

And the Mummy fiction book is finally coming out!
>>
>>47886267
>VASCU-centered
Just run it literally like any FBI/Cop game but have it be monsters or super powered slashers (like Jason Voorhees) instead of normal killers.
>>
Anyone have the demo for Promethean: The Created? I can't seem to find a PDF trove to search for it.
>>
>>47887545
Demo? The hell is that.
>>
File: lara-and-drake_no-orange.jpg (701 KB, 2048x1363) Image search: [Google]
lara-and-drake_no-orange.jpg
701 KB, 2048x1363
Man, I don't know whether I want my game to be a Silent Hill rip off or a Raiders of the Uncharted Tomb rip off.

Raiders of the Uncharted Tomb?
The Last Crusade of the Uncharted Tombs?

Uncharted/Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones. Lots of Awakened ruins. Maybe some globe hopping adventures. Though neither of the two characters my players have fits with standard ̶g̶r̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶b̶b̶i̶n̶g̶adventurer archaeologist stories.
>>
>>47887768
>g̶r̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶b̶b̶i̶n̶g̶
NANI!
>>
>>47886344
Hola, Jakki.
>>
>>47887768
>Ruins! Adventure! Excitement! What else awaits our intrepid heroes? Find out next time, in the idol of shattered time!
Do it.
>>
What would be some fitting reasons for a priest to lose his faith/even True Faith, but yet stay in ministry?

Because I'm making an inquisitor-style Hunter character. Well, actually also need some ideas for reason to start monster-hunting at the first place and to continue monster-hunting even after losing faith as well. Hmm... any thoughts?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.