[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: 1464829495538.png (363 KB, 952x808) Image search: [Google]
1464829495538.png
363 KB, 952x808
Game Breaking Bundles That Save No Money and Break No Games Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
Posted in last thread as it died but looking for help with KDK against 4 tyrants at 2000.

For Kdk I usually bring a Gorepack and a juggerlord with some of the flesh hounds. Mostly running a Slaughter cult for sweet sweet blood but if I ally in Daemons I may need to run a CAD instead. Princes are expensive.

I am going to try and bring an allied Nurgle detachment with a Daemon Prince, Plaguebearers and five drones.
>>
File: Ultimate Line Breaker Squadron.jpg (56 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate Line Breaker Squadron.jpg
56 KB, 600x620
Why?
>>
File: Worlds_of_40k.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Worlds_of_40k.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47738390

>>47738343
>>47738419
Here are for fighting on different planets in 40k. Posted them in the last thread
>>
>>47738441
>>
>>47738427
It's the ultimate WAAC purchase. Buying it costs you an enormous amount of money, self respect, time, energy, enthusiasm for the game, and, in the ultimate sacrifice, the win itself.
>>
>>47738427
Because you have to counter those damn dirty Or is and their Game Breaking Battle Wagons.

Seriously do the people who come up with these bundles just not play the game?
>>
How do you do a campaign? My group has attempted it a few times, but never really gotten into it. Any advise fa/tg/uys?
>>
>>47738471

Limit the size of battles, number of elite/heavy/fast slots, and AV at the beginning. Escalate the game every few rounds.
>>
>>47738482
OK, that's definitely where we went wrong. What about the structure? Is it best to have a map and people decide who they fight or do a narrative that leads to certain predetermined battles?
>>
>>47738471
Introduce perma-death for characters. Have replacements be random mooks that survived previous missions.

Have battles impact future ones in other ways. If you capture an Orbital Array in the first match, then you can call an Orbital Strike at the start of the next match. In one match an objective is an actual model (say a Tau Ethereal). If the Tau capture him then they get a free Ethereal next match. If the enemy capture him then they interrogate him and get to see Tau's list for the next battle before they make their own.
>>
>>47738548

Our campaign had no plot behind it, but the store owner did one for fantasy. He make it into something of a roleplaying game. Heroes had stats and special rules, died permanently and sometimes it was a good idea to retreat. There was also a map, and resources involved (agriculture, I think). I'd like to play one set in 40k.
>>
Heavy Bolter: Cheap, decent rate of fire, good range.

Assault Cannon: Better in every way but range, rends.

Autocannon: ??? A point higher strength, but half the shots, loses rending. Better range, but pricey.

There is no role for one of these machine guns, and the low rate of fire makes it unfun from even a fluffy perspective because you take big machine guns to dakka.
>>
god bless seraphim and their perfect holes for pegging their jumppacks on
>>
>>47738837
An autocannon isn't a machinegun.
>>
File: 1465425687342.jpg (12 KB, 195x167) Image search: [Google]
1465425687342.jpg
12 KB, 195x167
>>47738854
>perfect holes
>pegging
Lewd
>>
>>47738441
Thank you for keeping it alive, anon.
>>
>>47738837
Heavy bolters really need to go up to at least 4 shots, 3 shots a turn just isn't very impressive anymore (a well-drilled guardsman can fire a lasgun that fast). But they're in so many codexes that they can really only be updated when they do the main rulebook, as after all the butthurt with dreadnought attack values I can't see them pulling a single-codex update again.
>>
>>47738471
small forces gradually getting larger is a big one, hold some units back for surprises to break up the gameplay if it starts getting too samey.

maybe at first limit them to HQ + one regular foot troops squad, and they need to find crashed transports or stranded squads to get more troops.

it's kinda DoW2ish
>>
>>47738879
>as after all the butthurt with dreadnought attack values I can't see them pulling a single-codex update again.
People that won't houserule all dreads to having four attacks (or more if they were originally dreads that had more than two) is scum that should be ostracized from the community. Just because GW is a bunch of incompetent retards doesn't mean the community has to be retarded.
>>
What's up folks. I need a suggestion of more expert players.
I have this really, really really huge fetish for armored stuff, especially Dreadnoughts. And I really, really want to play something loyal.
So, what chapters among the loyal ones can satisfy my needs?

I already own a venerable dreadnought and a rhino/razorback.
>>
>>47739045
Did you look in the Space Marine codex? If you had taken even the slightest modicum of personal initiative, you'd know the answer.
>>
>>47738988

And yet I play pickup games mostly, which is the only reason I'm not playing the Dread Spam list I want to play.
>>
>>47738416
Infernal tetrad from the new book would be your best bet, fight flying monster spam with a stronger flying monster spam.
>>
>>47739045
To throw another idea out there to the inevitable iron hands suggestions you're going to get, do the robutts in pic related do anything for you? Just so you're not confused about the scale the chaps in the top left aren't infantry, they're around the size of tyranid warriors.

Now, teccccccchnically these aren't usable in 40k at the moment (they're 30k/horus heresy stuff) but (a) your local group may be cool with it anyway and (b) there's an imperial armour coming in the not-too distant future that should have 40k rules for them.
>>
>>47738988
Fuck you buddy, you get your 4 attacks when Orks get a decent codex. You're always whining about muh dreads.
What if you where bs2?
What if you where ld7?
What if you had no invulnerable saves?
What if you only had a choice of power fist or nothing for your combat squads?
>>
>>47739101
Eh I guess you're right. I had in mind the iron hands but I wanted to know if something else would be good, too. My knowledge in terms of lore isn't very extended. I initially approached 40k just for modelling reasons
>>47739223
>there's an imperial armour coming in the not-too distant future that should have 40k rules for them.
how do you know, and how soon?
and isn't pic related cult mechanicus? I also looked into them (and have some skitarii already), but the idea of brainless warriors doesn't go well with me. I like to chop people with mechanical stuff while shouting litanies, more than binary
>>
>>47739227
Why not propose changes to your own army that would fix it in exhange? Were you retarded before you started playing Orks, or is there something about that faction that rots the mind? Christ, you could just grab Space Odin's codex.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 512x661) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 512x661
Are Repentia in any way decent if I attach Jacobus as my warlord?
He fixes a lot with 100pts.
>Zealot
>Additional use of 3+ FnP
>5++ save instead of 6++
>Confers re-rollable saves OR re-roll to wound rolls
>>
>>47739113
>hey man, space marine dreadnoughts were updated to have 4 attacks, do you mind if we treat all dreads as having four attacks?
>that is an entirely reasonable course of action, of course.
Either grow a spine or find a place to play that isn't populated entirely by dumbfucks.
>>
>>47739244
>how do you know
Info from open days and weekenders.
>how soon
Ahahaha. Forgeworld don't give specific dates for things, if they did they'd have to meet deadlines and stuff.
>cult mechanicus
Well, technically their mechanicum, the version of the mechanicus that was around during the great crusade and the HH. More fluff to come when the book appears.

But if emotionless lobotomised brains in robots don't do it for you, then whatevs. Although, in that case, Iron Hands probably aren't the best bet either, as they try to be as emotionless and mechanical in their thinking as possible.
>>
>>47738416
>4 tyrants at 2000
You just don't play against that
Don't give WAAC player pickup games if they wanna play like that
>>
>>47739345

Pick. Up. Games.

You really this thick, or do you not meet new people very often?
>>
>>47739367
>the only build for tyranids that doesn't get them utterly crushed
>WAAC
>>
>>47739380

>There are no usable fluffy builds for my army
>hmm I could just not play it then, or find a circle of players with equally shit armies and have fun that way
>NOPE TYRANT SPAM LOL
>>
>>47739380
There's nothing making a nid player play some asshole with knight titans, grav spam, invisibility or D weapons
>>
>>47739396
>I could just not play it then
Yes, that's a great solution. You stupid fucking twat.
>>
>>47739399
This is true. I chose to mostly play AOS instead, where people bringing powerlists to pick-up games can't just say "but the rules say this is balanced", they actually have to bring a list their opponent is happy to face.
>>
>>47739403

It is, or certainly vastly superior to Flyrant spam.

Or sorry, did I miss the fluff where the Hive Mind generates swarms of flyrants as the vanguard of it's invasion forces?
>>
>>47739496
Over the last few years, it's been really common to see
>three super-rare riptides in every single tau army
>grand master of the dark angels heroically providing a better saving throw to 50 chump guardsmen
>superfriends space marines
>CSM armies containing one single CSM
>drop pod taxi service delivering dudes who in the fluff are killed by drop pod deployment
>every single craftworld being saim-hann mixed with iyanden
and you think flyrants somehow stand out as some horrific lore abomination?
>>
>>47739496
Ok, so all the players without the top armies stop playing the game.
Now what?
You just end up with 'fluffy' skyhammer mirror matches?

Four tyrants isn't even the most you can bring in 2000 points, four is a restrained amount but you're crying foul because the Nid player isn't just another easy win for you?
Fuck off.
>>
>>47739552
>three super-rare riptides in every single tau army
In the fluff they're mass produced now and are becoming much more common.
>superfriends space marines
Space marines work with other imperial forces all the time?
>CSM armies containing one single CSM
Yes? This happens in the fluff.
>drop pod taxi service delivering dudes who in the fluff are killed by drop pod deployment
Disallowed as per the new FAQ.
>>
Ok list or not?

--- Necrons - 1000pts ---
>HQ
Cryptek; Chronometron - 90

>Troops
20x Necron Warriors - 260
10x Necron Warriors - 130

>Fast Attack
6x Wraiths; Whip Coils - 258
6x Wraiths; Whip Coils - 258
--996/1000pts
>>
File: Striking Scorpion gameplay1.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Striking Scorpion gameplay1.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
>>47739583
Is for the enemy perfect invisibility or they can see the glimmer?
>>
>>47739339
still too expensive and die too easy
>>
>>47739606
It's perfect if you are still.
>>
>>47739616
Cool then
>>
>>47739465
I don't know how they're doing in your area but all I ever hear from the local AoS players is how impossible the game is to balance and every single game they play is a one-sided stomp.
And how they can't agree if they should allow shooting in to combat or not.
And how they can't agree on rules for summoning.
And how X didn't let Y bring his best unit and beat him so X must be a WAAC faggot.
And how X insists on using bad units when he should just be bringing good units as putting bad units on the table wastes everyone's time when he doesn't have to anymore.
And how Y brings nothing but good units when he should at least have some core troop choices .
And...
>>
>>47739583
Scorpions are probably the best thing I've seen in Eternal Crusade. I really hope they don't change that stealth, it's cleverly done as is.
>>
File: Dark Reaper gameplay5.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Dark Reaper gameplay5.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>47739662
I personally enjoy the Dark Reapers.
Their guns are super satisfying to use once you get the hang of them.
>>
>>47739693
has any of the nid invasion stuff gone live?
>>
File: Dark Reaper gameplay7.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Dark Reaper gameplay7.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>47739757
Not yet
>>
>>47739552

>Other people violate fluff, so I should do it even harder!

Also a couple of those aren't even good examples, you even have the "drop pods are magically lethal to normal humans somehow" meme.
>>
>>47739560

I'm crying foul because the Nid player is fielding an incoherent mess to try to squeeze a "tournament standard" list out of a single unit of a bad codex.

Flyrant spam isn't playing Tyranids, it's playing Flyrants.
>>
>>47739762
Damn, Maybe one day it'll get some more traditional PVE too, nothing wrong with more content of different varieties.

I am looking forward to the game though.
>>
File: 1465534846504.jpg (133 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1465534846504.jpg
133 KB, 500x628
>>47739777
>fluff that is actually in the books is a meme
Ah, the sweet feeling of victory. When they accuse you of memes, you've won.
>>
>>47739811
PvE agains the nids is planned to my knowledge. It just isn't in the early access yet.
>>
what are some of the reasons CSM are considered to be underpowered or bad? ive heard it here a lot and i was looking at the units on the webstore and was wondering how they could be so much worse even though they look so cool[/spoiler/
>>
>>47739796
Only 4 flyrants in 2k isn't flyrant spam, that'd be 7 or 8 flyrants in 2k.
>>
>>47739845
Units are overpriced and ineffectual. In theory, they're chaos flavored space marines with a close combat focus. In practice, they're space marines with all the good stuff stripped away and no real way to get into close combat or even do particularly well if they get there.
>>
Fledgling 3rd to 7th ed player here. Our LGS last night had a pack of Ratlings for $10 that seemed too good to pass up. While 10pts for a BS4 Sniper seems really nice Im not quite sure what to make of them. Anyone have first hand experience with or against them they'd be happy to share? Tips? Tricks?
>>
>>47739845
To start with they're basically space marines but without any of the formations, war-gear or special rules that make space marines good.

They have their own special rules and equipment but it usually ends up not only worse than their loyalist equivalent but also tends to have some 'fun' random element like transports that have a one in six chance to eat their passengers.

Lastly, they're just way overcosted.
>>
>>47739877

Two flyrants is borderline Flyrant spam, you could argue two are in the same area and only be a little shaky,

Once you start digging up a third HQ slot so you can take more flyrants, you've gone full retard flyrant spam.

Understand, I've not been criticising it on a power level basis, I'm saying it's a fucking stupid looking list that's basically wholesale given up on playing Tyranids whilst stubbornly sticking to the codex.
>>
>>47739845

No ATSKNF for the same price.
>>
>>47739910

ATSKNF is a bloody stupid rule, at least when only avaliable to one faction.

If it were avaliable to other units with similar morale and indoctrination it wouldn't be so bad, but as is it's roughly equivalent to just handing an entire faction fearless.
>>
>>47739845

Units cost to much
Meh formations (if any)
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 1600x1200
>>47739943
I could try to find lore that sort of justifies the rules writers' choice of not giving CSM ATSKNF, but what would be the point? Just give them their own version of it and see what happens.
>>
>>47739978

I'd actually argue that chaos marines should have superior morale rules, given that they have to deal with living in the fucking eye of terror. What's going to phase you after that?
>>
>>47739900
>no double CADs at 2000
Oh ok, you're ACTUALLY retarded.
>>
File: s2823.jpg (34 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
s2823.jpg
34 KB, 426x341
>Bring my Eldar to a tournament yesterday
>Lynx, Hornet, Warp hunter, pretty dick list
>Mfw the tau player I get in the last round has 2 of each FW riptide, in their own units, 2 Kroot units, and a laser pointer commander with 6 drones
>>
File: This kills the Chaosfag.jpg (115 KB, 318x433) Image search: [Google]
This kills the Chaosfag.jpg
115 KB, 318x433
>>47739992
This. This works like tangelos against clowns. But the madness that comes with being a slave to darkness might find a way to make things worse, ya know?
>>
>>47739996

The flying fuck are you talking about? I'm saying going out of your way to spam flyrants is *gasp* spamming flyrants.

If you use that second, third or eighteenth detachment to actually build a coherent army, more power to you.
>>
>>47739900

would it be better if his list had 2 flygrants, 6 crones and a assload of gargoyles?
>>
Having played Eldar for years I'm trying to get to grips with the fact that I've been playing them wrong, and my choices are either git gud or cry horribly at all the money I've wasted.

Question is I don't even know where to begin shaking of the shit habits I've picked up. Of all the bullshit in the game that has broken my will and lead me to this point it's my friends AdMech War Convocation, which apparently I should be walking all over according to the internet.

So where the fuck do I even begin?
>>
>>47739992
how about the still suffer checks from getting shot to shit but ignore stuff that causes fear?
>>
>>47740036

Massively, yes.

I mean, it sucks a bit to play against a wall of stuff you need to snap fire against, but that's a game design flaw, not a problem with building a themed list.
>>
>>47739992
>>47739978
The reasoning is loyalist marines are conditioned to die without fear, while chaos marines know what waits for them when they die. A traitor marine isn't going to stick around for a losing fight. They're far too selfish.

A lack of ATSKNF isn't what holds chaos marines back. Icons and marks being significantly worse than chapter tactics is what holds them back. If they could buy USRs again it would also bring them some versatility, without turning them into loyalist marines+spikes like many chaos players seem to want.
>>
I made a mod to the Chaos Battlescribe Catalogue, its availible for download here:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/693656.page#8710646

Woot!
>>
>>47739845
They're overpriced Marines without anything that makes Vanilla Marines good. They also have a close combat focus, but they have no reliable way of getting into combat, and are outshined by loyalist equivalents like Wulfen, TWC, or Death Company.Their unique units like Daemon Engines are also overcosted and ineffectual mostly due to Walker rules being shit, or for paying a bloated price for the Daemon special rule.

They also have no real formations to speak of. The formations released in the Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter updated supplements are bloated with tax for little benefit. They have nothing that can compare to Skyhammer, or Stormlance, or Librarius Conclave, or Wulfen Murderpacks, or Battle Company.

Its not all doom and gloom. They have decent FW support, however most of their really good FW options like Fire Raptors and Sicaran Tanks are things that they share with loyalists.
>>
>>47738427
>"Sir, Vindicators arent selling well"
>"Bundle them together, add a WAAC slogan"
>>
>>47740254
Oh, one other thing about FW to add insult to injury. Apparently someone at FW had the brilliant idea that Loyalists should get access to more 30k units than CSM, despite one of the major thematic elements of CSM being their use of old shitty outdated equipment.

Prepare for Loyalist Dreadclaws, Mastodons, Leviathans, and Dorito Dreadnaughts when IA 14 drops this Fall.
>>
>>47740320
>Mastodons, Leviathans, and Dorito Dreadnaughts
Two of those things were already here. The Leviathan lost an option though. As for Mastodons turns out the RSs found an old one on the forge world, and spruced it up.
>Dreadclaws
I believe the Imperium got rid of all of those during the Heresy.
>>
>>47740006
Must feel good to be the cancer that's killing 40k

So who won?
>>
>>47738416
Ummm have you tried maulerfiends?
>>
>>47740352
the mastodon is such a shit model

looks like some halo bullshit
>>
>>47739893
Upon reviewing them in more detail and comparing them to a special team I realize I may have made a poor purchase. Unless I just spend a spare 30pts on 3 and stick them in a far building to suicide snipe special weapons they dont really seem worth their points anymore...
>>
>>47740409
>looks like some halo bullshit
I'm not seeing it.
>>
Can a captain normally take a bike?
I'm playing a DA successor chapter and I really want to feild a company master with my ravenwing. It doesn't say if he can take one in the codex for obvious reasons. I play mostly fluffy games so I think it would be ok to take a bike if normal captains can.
>>
>>47740409
As a massive Halo fanboy, I disagree.
>>
File: blogger-image-2009188286.jpg (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-2009188286.jpg
87 KB, 640x480
>>47740352
>Mastodons, Leviathans, and Dorito Dreadnaughts
>Two of those things were already here. The Leviathan lost an option though. As for Mastodons turns out the RSs found an old one on the forge world, and spruced it up.

I get that, but they are still Heresy units that FW didn't even bother letting CSM field because "reasons".

>Dreadclaws
>I believe the Imperium got rid of all of those during the Heresy.

Pic related.
>>
File: Elephant_1up.jpg (233 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Elephant_1up.jpg
233 KB, 800x450
>>47740431
I can kindof see it
>>
File: A Shirmp named Slickback.jpg (184 KB, 797x527) Image search: [Google]
A Shirmp named Slickback.jpg
184 KB, 797x527
>>47740467
Maybe they assumed anyone with a brain would use 30k legion rules instead of the current CSM dex?
>that picture
Something isn't right here. Dreadclaws are the ones with the evil machine spirits.
>>47740486
Now I can kind of see it.
>>
File: Magos_Arkhan_Land.jpg (21 KB, 237x293) Image search: [Google]
Magos_Arkhan_Land.jpg
21 KB, 237x293
>>47740409
>It looks like something that looks like 40k!
>I don't like it!
>>
File: nWm9z2q.jpg (134 KB, 1158x819) Image search: [Google]
nWm9z2q.jpg
134 KB, 1158x819
So, is there any good yt channel for newbie with tutorials, tips and tons of unboxing?
>>
>>47740558
Tutorials and tips regarding what?
>>
>>47740511
The only thing I don't really like about the Mastodon is that it's a Leviathan transport exclusively for space marines.

This was the Crusade! It wasn't until the late heresy that the marines got all the exclusive shit.
>>
>>47740558
Miniwargaming and tabletop minions.
>>
>>47740595
Everything - building up models, painting them, game itself etc.
>>
>>47740558
New as well, so far I have spikeybits BoLS and emps Text to speech for lore shit.

Duncans tutorials on Warhammer TV are fine for painting,
>>
>>47740548
if you think halo bullshit looks anything like 40k you should kys
>>
File: Updated Garth Everett v2.png (40 KB, 201x281) Image search: [Google]
Updated Garth Everett v2.png
40 KB, 201x281
>>47740601
Maybe this is all just one big joke FW and GW are playing on CSM players. I don't know. Take a Christmas marine to ease your nerves.
>>
>>47740104
What does it do? A friend wanted an update to CSM & Daemons from me after seeing the Ork codex, but I don't know enough about her factions to make it accurate or strong.
>>
>TFW I found all my old 4th edition Tyranids
Holy fuck I had no idea what I was doing back then. I fucked up removing mold lines and gluing them together. But holy shit I have a tin Hive Tyrant!
>>
>>47740641
>tfw no inferno pistol under the tree
>>
>>47740635
>thinking the halo franchise didn't steal most of its elements from 40k.

I'll get a noose big enough for both of us.
>>
>>47740641
What? No, the HH books are a CSM player's wet dream. They get all the legion rules, veteran skills and exclusive shit they want.

I'm just annoyed FW started their books off with everything looking like it was late heresy. It's the one detail that stains an otherwise excellent product.
>>
>>47740656
The biggest trouble with a homebrew Chaos codex is that it covers so many things. What Legion does their army match up with? Are they ancient veterans or renegades? Do they revere chaos or despise it?

Every Chaos homebrew I see makes too many assumptions about what people want
>>
>>47740718
yeah, the aesthetic wasnt what they stole.

sleek faggot power armor with sleek faggot tanks is pretty much the opposite of space marines. the mastodon is an abortion
>>
File: A forgemaster.png (36 KB, 201x281) Image search: [Google]
A forgemaster.png
36 KB, 201x281
>>47740690
Maybe if you're a good boy or girl this year my chapter's tech marines will make you one. Or they won't as if Chapter Master taught me anything is that my tech marines are the laziest bunch to ever wear pauldrons.
>No we can't add different weapons or extra armor to the Land Raiders.
.But yeah we can weld that Eldar power sword to a Land Raider.
>>47740729
Now I get you.
>>
What color should my Deldar be?
>>
File: Captcha, what.png (722 KB, 1252x904) Image search: [Google]
Captcha, what.png
722 KB, 1252x904
>>47740765
Just what.
>>
>>47740771
Dark blue with red highlights
>>
>>47740771
Bronze and dark green
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 600x620
>>47740409

PTERODACTYL
>>
>>47740771
Bright green with dark purple highlights.
>>
>>47740771
deep red with orange highlights.
>>
>>47740771
Dark metallic with red highlights
>>
>>47740744
>the mastadon is a sleek faggot tank

Man, is their a national shortage of bait or something? The straws keeping getting thinner and thinner.
>>
>>47740771
blue and white with some gold.
>>
>>47740601
>Leviathan transport exclusively for space marines

And? Is this a suprise that Spacemarines get spacemarine transports?
>>
>>47740881
Until horus started capturing/fucking up all the forge planets and supplies got low, space marines didn't have exclusive vehicles. Everyone used the best shit.
>>
>>47740864
it is.

space marine tanks are ww1 tank inspired. huge metal boxes with massive treads that take up the entire side of the vehicle. rhino chassis, spartan chassis, land raider chassis. thats what defines a space marine tank.

it would be like them releasing 'mk9 power armor' and its just faggot ass master chief. that shit isnt a space marine, fuck off.
>>
>>47740771
Teal with metallic yellow.
>>
>>47739577
>CSM armies with a single CSM
>Happens in fluff

name four times
>>
How do you go about not getting wrecked by skyhammer turn 1 anons? I play Eldar and have no wraithguard/jetbikes and my wraithknight is still on sprues
>>
>>47740900
Is this thing bot a huge metal box? Are you retarded?
>>
File: Everchosen.jpg (821 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Everchosen.jpg
821 KB, 1536x2000
>>47740050

give your standard army list

tell us how you play

tell us how a game against your opponent goes

We will tell you where you are going wrong
>>
>>47740771
Bright pink
>>
>>47740944
and? you just proved my point you dipshit.

it doesnt have stupid as fuck halo tank treads.
>>
>>47740936
Get your wraithknight off its sprues
>>
>>47740936
tell them to not run skyhammer against casual lists
>>
>>47740992
Isn't that just going to give his dev's something to blat with the alpha strike and take a big chunk of points out of my army without it being able to do anything though?
>>
>>47740467
>>47740511
Pretty sure that's actually a Kharybdis Assault Claw rather than a dreadclaw.
>inb4 what's the difference
Machine spirit wasn't evil, just grew to love it's handlers more. Techmarine it likes dies, the thing starts acting up. So they dumped they after the Heresy as well as the dreadclaw. Wanna say my source on that is the war machines of Chaos IA.
>>
File: NQ1RY9y.jpg (246 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
NQ1RY9y.jpg
246 KB, 900x1200
>>47740988
Man, to have so much cancer that a tank's treads cause you to hate a model.

Time to lead by example and kys.
>>
>>47741058
>tank doesnt fit the space marine aesthetic at all
>'wow man u dont like it?! racist'
kys faggot
>>
>>47741075

I do see your point about the tank treads, but apart from that its built like a ceramite brick shit house, which seems pretty spacemarine to me.

honestly I think you're overreacting, it could have been worst, a LOT worst
>>
>>47741131
its literally the fucking taurox. fw decided to make the tank that shouldve been a mega-spartan the size of a titan into a big taurox instead. it doesnt fit in the setting at all. thats the only thing in the setting it can compare to, the taurox. which is a universally hated model for being stupid as fuck and out of place.

it looks closer to an ork vehicle than something the imperium would use.
>>
>>47741172
>its literally the fucking taurox
I'm not seeng it.
>it looks closer to an ork vehicle than something the imperium would use
The Mastadon isn't Orky enough.
>>
How do I counter artillery as footdar?
>>
File: 2016-06-12 06.55.13.jpg (1 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-12 06.55.13.jpg
1 MB, 1885x1060
>>47740824
I flipped the wings on mine
>>
File: latest.jpg (65 KB, 800x611) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
65 KB, 800x611
>>47741248
>I'm not seeng it.
4 separate treads. it even has a similarly designed top. its literally just a tank version of taurox thats the size of a knight.

i mean just look at it and then look at a spartan or landraider, they both look way beefier.

>The Mastadon isn't Orky enough.
the retarded tread design looks orky and it has random guns sticking out everywhere.

if you painted it rust color and switch all of the guns for ork guns it might actually fit the setting. orks love stupid vehicles.

it shouldve looked like pic related, instead of a complete rip off of something from halo.
>>
>>47741291
Looks like a Viper now. A+
>>
File: CapitolImperialis004.jpg (63 KB, 507x260) Image search: [Google]
CapitolImperialis004.jpg
63 KB, 507x260
>>47741345
superior superheavy transport coming through
>>
>>47740104
Wow, it's fucking nothing. Other than slight point decreases on the cult marines and plasma pistols as a joke option on Special Weapon carriers, what did you change? What particular brand of mental retardation made you think posting this as a Battlscribe file with no changelog was a good idea?
>>47740732
Exactly. Homebrew CSM should focus on a particular subset. Pick a warband or legion, and make rules that fit them. CSM is just too broad for a single codex to represent all of them.
>>
>>47740353
>Cancer killing 40k
>Tournament
>Where hard lists are to be expected
Also, he did, that 4 hits per blast on a vehicle really hurt.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 720x880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 720x880
>>47741345
I hate to say this but I like the Mastadon more than that. The treads don't bother me and I like it being a little sleak.
>>47741370
Just big are those things again?
>>
>>47741373
This is a terrible idea. We don't need more special snowflakes.
>>
File: Wundewaffe1.jpg (20 KB, 456x334) Image search: [Google]
Wundewaffe1.jpg
20 KB, 456x334
>>47741422
"can transport leviathans" big
>>
>>47741345
You do realize that there have been vehicles in real life that have had four treads?

Also, what you just posted looks FAR more orkier than the mastodon. Get over it already.
>>
>>47741436
>We don't need more special snowflakes.

Man all the cunts that spout off about this really do not understand Forge Your Narrative.
I face Home Brews all the time and as long as it feels fluffy and not too over powered I am just happy to be playing.
>>
>>47740467
That bottom right R'varna head...
>>
File: Solo Marine.png (691 KB, 1576x548) Image search: [Google]
Solo Marine.png
691 KB, 1576x548
>>47740932
Not that guy, and I can't give you four, but here's one. As an aside, this is easily one of my favorite bits of 40k fluff. It shows us CSM recruitment, it manages to show one faction besting the other without resorting to awful Sue-dom and jobbing, it shows what Chaos worship could look like to the layperson, and it's just got the over-the-top 40k vibe.

Another random example; Constantinus's rebellion was a system-wide insurrection that was started by the remnants of a single loyalist tactical squad going rogue. It wouldn't be difficult to imagine that they fought engagements that were a a single astartes backed up by renegade infantry.
>>
>>47741471
If it's an homebrew it's fine. I thought you were saying they should get official rules.
>>
>>47740936
Mostly this >>47741017

Skyhammer is probably the single most ridiculous, OP formation in the game. It essentially guarantees that you get to delete at least two enemy units before they get to shoot back, and there are a lot of units that, even if they can fight off some assault marines, will at least be tied up for a while.
>>
>>47741484
That's actually a pretty nice piece of fluff.
>>
>>47741291
that marine is 2cool
>>
>>47741468
>You do realize that there have been vehicles in real life that have had four treads?
do you realize that has nothing to do with the fact that space marine vehicles dont. it doesnt fit the setting.

its a fucking rip off of the halo elephant and they even named it the mastodon. the halokid who designed it should off himself, fucking idiots pushing shit from a completely different setting with completely different aesthetic into 40k for no reason.
>>
>>47741530
He knows he's going to be a centerpiece for my army. I really wanted swooning sisters on the base, but Idk how to make that...
>>47741365
It's such a simple change, but there were no pics of it on google, so I'm glad it worked out.
>>
File: 1392635070355.jpg (103 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
1392635070355.jpg
103 KB, 873x627
>>47741566
>>
>>47741538
Nobody gives a shit about Halo anymore. It's old as fuck. Reference some new shooters like Overwatch, Battlefield, Doom or Wolfenstein.
>>
>>47740947

Standard army list tends to be more vehicle heavy. Vypers, War Walkers and Falcons. Troops tend to be Bikes but sometimes Guardians and I usually have 1 unit of Dire Avengers. HQ is almost always a Farseer.

Sometimes I run the Aspect Host formation with Avengers, Dark Reapers and Swooping Hawks. I've not used Fire Dragons in a while I kind of phased them out.

Playstyle wise I probably play too offensively and run in too early. I'm trying to change that but I still struggle with missing key shots and losing units.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 639x649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 639x649
>>47741583
>those faces
>>
>>47741566
Raging heroes probably has some slags looking suitably impressed
>>
>>47741583
Why does the one on the right have sideburns?
>>
>>47741601
that's what sisters of battle look like
>>
>>47741583

I dont mind cheesecake but these are just awful kek
>>
File: 1464486593843.jpg (95 KB, 499x1832) Image search: [Google]
1464486593843.jpg
95 KB, 499x1832
>>47741583
Even though they are bad, they make me smile.
>>
>>47739992
Frankly for CSM there should be a separation between more modern renegades and Long War veterans. 10000 years in the Eye and never ending fighting and craziness without going shotbox crazy is going to give you much more tactical insight and a general ability to stay alive than some "muh emperur, muh betrayed chapter" 5 years as a Chaos marine scrub.
Not to mention the equipment availability should be hella different.
>>
I still can't believe the cunts have folded the Black Templars into the regular SM codex. Is there any point in playinb BT now?
>>
>>47741591
>Reference some new shooters like Overwatch, Battlefield, Doom or Wolfenstein.
tell those dipshits ripping off halo tanks that, not me.

hope bungie sues them
>>
>>47741591
>Halo
>Old as fuck
>new shooters
>Doom
>Wolfenstein

Cant tell if serious...
>>
File: klausmasterflex_BlackTemplar.jpg (148 KB, 909x878) Image search: [Google]
klausmasterflex_BlackTemplar.jpg
148 KB, 909x878
>>47741666
Rest in peace, Land Raider Crusader powered assault swarm cowboys.
>>
>>47741666
Emperors champion is a challenge monster and has one of the coolest models. So much so, that I got one even though I play gk.
>>
>>47741681

>not knowing about the new Wolf and Doom games

are you stupid or just pretending?
>>
>>47741666
Gotta trim the fat somewhere Satan. Not like being on their own helped much when you're behind a few editions and most of your abilities have no use in current games.

Oh also you got a warlord table, chapter trait, 2 special characters, a champ hq, and a crusader squads; but you miss out on damn near everything and can't take any new psychic powers or wargear

>>47741708
the champ is alright, fights as hard as a khorne herald
>>
>>47741767
I'm looking to get back into the game for the first time since I was 12, but I'll probably pawn off the few BT shit that I still have and just start an IG Army. For shame.
>>
>>47741707
there's something off about this black templar
>>
>>47741740
Aware. However in term of aesthetics, they remain the same as their progenitors and thus their aesthetic is older than Halos, rendering your statement abot referencing "new" shooters rather daft
>>
>>47741484

It's pretty shit fluff in all honesty.
It's the 40k equivalent of derka derka khornate jihad. The writer's fanboyism is showing.
>>
>>47741797
childbearing spacemarine hips
>>
>>47741651
I've been working on some homebrew rules to fit what I want from CSM in terms of customization myself. There's a lot of stuff to account for, and a single book really doesn't encompass it all.
>>
File: 1426810381711.jpg (9 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1426810381711.jpg
9 KB, 251x251
>>47741846
>>
>>47741018
Fortune+Scatter shield. That plus FnP should do good. If he insists on Skyhammer, bring 2 Wraith Hosts. Warlock Council + Invisibility works good. Hell, Eldrad, Farseer + 8 Warlocks to guarantee it.
>>
>>47741708
>>47741767
>>47741785
Would it be viable to spam Crusader Squads with one heavy and one special weapon in each?
Like plasma gun+heavy bolter/plasma cannon?
>>
>>47741909
Cant take them in a battle company so no.
>>
>>47741666
Don't worry, Satan. Just keep the crusading spirit alive!
>>
>>47741666
Remember that you only have about 1300 Black Templars canonically now!
>>
File: Content Crusading thoughts.png (30 KB, 201x281) Image search: [Google]
Content Crusading thoughts.png
30 KB, 201x281
>>47741999
Tzeentch, stop.
>>
>>47741256
Guys pls help
>>
>>47741666
>>47741999

Remember that the fucking Dark Angels get away with Legion Building because they are a First Founding Chapter.
>>
>>47738988
Hey man Dark Angels codex won't let us have Sternguard veterans. Do you mind if I use Sternguard?
>>
>>47742024
You know eldar enough to have gimped yourself into Footdar, you know better than anyone else what WAAC unit you can bring.
Maybe Fire Prism?
>>
>>47739345
"Hey man do you mind if I break the rules, just a little bit?"
"Yes I mind?"
"You're a dumbfuck, I'm going back to my basement!"
>>
>>47742025
reminder that the inner circle of the dark angels isn't something most people are aware of

it's kind of a secret
>>
>>47742028
>DA fielding centurians
"Oh cool paint, I never see Dark Angel Cents."
>That is because they forgot to put them in our codex.
"Did they release a Data Slate for them?"
>No I am 'technically' using an unbound battle-brother Unit.
He even used air qoutes.

I don't bring Pointy Wraith Knights with my Dark Eldar because "they forgot to give me them".
>>
>>47742074
So are the Fallen but hows that working out for them.
>>
>>47742078
meant to link >>47738988
>>
>>47741878
thanks for the advice anon, I guess I'm building my wraithknight even though I didn't want to ever use it in actual games it's annoying me how insane the tryhammer waac list is at just destroying everyone in the flgs
>>
So I made some custom codex catalogues for 40k with some of the rule updates I'd been posting about on dakka dakka.

You can find the thread and instructions on how to install them here

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/693656.page

or you can download them directly and install them yourself here

https://mega.nz/#F!RQ0l1KyK!089FC3Q-afWMiaytqaLbNg
>>
>>47742078
Yeah, I get you. DA have lots of cool toys of their own to play with without needing Cents.

And, like, if he wanted a hyper-competitive tourney list including stuff not in the DA codex, he can just play his DA as Codex: Space Marines with Iron Hands or White Scars Chapter Tactics or whatever and leave the jetbikes and whatnot at home

But I dunno, bending rules among friends is fine if everyone is on board. Does seem a bit entitled on his part though
>>
The more I play 40k the more I realize that winning means nothing, and playing casually while having a social circle once a week is all its worth.
>>
>>47739900
>Two flyrants is borderline Flyrant spam
>>Using both your HQ slots for your best HQ unit is spam.
Either you only play games less than 750 points or you are now officially a certified retard.
>>
File: Y We Play.jpg (111 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Y We Play.jpg
111 KB, 400x400
>>47742193
>>
So, what sets the Black Templars apart from Vanilla marines?
>>
>>47742193
Welcome to the wider world of having fun, you have ascended anon, you should be proud
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 540x1967) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 540x1967
>>47742193
Congrats. You understand the point of the game.
>>
>>47742219
NOT ENOUGH REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47742193
You're more intelligent than the WAAC players now.
>>
Ratlings: cost effective first turn special weapon removal?
OR
Free kill points with no excuse?
>>
>>47742237
So, either you are telling me that they aren't mad enough

Or you are mad at me and telling me that there is no difference and Black Templars might as well just be normal marines.
>>
>>47742373
It's Lord Al'Kaps, he always screams like that

but then again why would Lord Al'Kaps consort with loyalists?
>>
>>47742406
Know your enemy?
>>
>>47742406
nah there's this one Black Templar player that always whines in every third thread or so about how other marines like Blood Angels. He thinks they don't deserve their own codex and Black Templars do. It's definitely that guy. I don't mind him though. He's a low level whiner.
>>
File: Trust Me....jpg (85 KB, 844x947) Image search: [Google]
Trust Me....jpg
85 KB, 844x947
>>47741599

Could you like, post your actual list?

what the war walkers are carrying, what the vypers are carrying, who goes in what transport,

all I can say with the information you have given me is to take advantage of the scout rule on warwalkers, outflank the buggers first turn, this forces the opponent to either deploy all his powerful units in the centre or lose units to a turn one alpha strike from the WW

if you can make him castle up in the centre of his table edge he loses a lot of mobility, this should give you the ability to manoeuvre around him better.

your vypers are fragile but they are also killy, try running a double shuriken cannon loadout on them and get shots off on his vanguard squads, make sure to position them so they have a clear line of fire for his special weapon squads

the knights a problem, but the kataphron destroyers are a much bigger one, those bloody heavy grav guns will obliterate your army if given half the chance, give your war walkers double starcannons or double ML if you have the points for it and put them to work hunting the buggers

use the falcons to deal with his onager dunewalkers, then his knight because the guns on those things will hurt you a lot more than a knights pie plates

have your jetbikes on harrassment duty, make them fly around and hit whichever infantry squads are packing haywire while avoiding the ones packing plasma

and this may just be the Deldar in me talking but ignore objectives, you are more than fast enough to zoom across the board and seize or contest them at the end of turn 5 and he's gonna be too slow to capture more than 2 of them with the outfit he's running

you may also want to invest in one or two of the alt kits to fireprisms (shadowspinners?) to help soften up his infantry from afar, remember you wound on initiative not toughness!

now get out there and murder some techno-fetishists my backwards kinsman
>>
>>47742450
I mean he's not wrong. Blood Angels could very easily be given their own chapter tactic/few characters and unique unit like the BT were.
>>
>>47742495
I think ALL space marine chapters ought to be wrapped up in the same codex.
>>
>>47742508
Show me on the doll where the Astartes touched you.
>>
>>47742508
I dunno about that. Grey Knights, Dark Angels and Space Wolves are all very, very codex divergent. You can MAYBE make the argument for Dark Angels too (Though I don't think it'd be a good one), but definitely not for SW or GK.
>>
>>47742056
So is there some reason that you're opposed to houseruling all dreadnoughts to 4 attacks, or is it just autism? SM dreadnought got the boost with no change in point value, why should other codexes be any different? It's not like it's some sort of thematic or fluff concern.
>>
>>47742495
Yea but itll jam a codex thats full to the brim with even more units and that clusterfuck no one will want to search for anything besides the most OP units
>>
>>47742508
I could maybe see that happening if GW goes crazy and decides to add legion-specific units like pic related to the 40k chapters. Then you could have the main book, plus supplemental rules for every chapter. But even for a company as fond of money as GW this seems like a stretch.
>>
>>47742028
Sternguard are first company vets. Dark Angels have their own first company units.

If you can't see the difference between codexes having different units in them and codexes lagging behind each other with updated unit stats, you're too stupid to bother discussing this with.
>>
>>47742508
Just do what 30k does, and have them all use the same book, with each of them getting 2-3 special units, chapter tactics, and characters.
>>
>>47742568
So, what makes these wing guys different than the red wing guys with the nipples. Is it just a claws vs sword+cup option, or what?
>>
>>47742495
The thing is Black Templars have only benefited from being in the SM codex, while Blood Angels are constantly shafted. His argument doesn't make much sense, besides him just wanting his super special, chapter only book.
>>
>>47742568
I'm curious on why the 1st Founding chapters don't use their 30k special units.
>>
>>47741852
Which Legion/warband are you working on in?
>inb4 full-retard-tier-all-of-them-response
>>
>>47742508
Wolves, Grey Knights, and Dangles are different enough to at least warrant supplements. Granted, so are a lot of Chaos legions.

Supplements are a pretty good way to handle it, as you can introduce different rules or special wargear along with a handful of special units, while otherwise keeping the main book stuff.
>>
>>47742544
Blood Angels Dark Angels weren't very divergent before their last codex. They had a couple of special units and rules and it was enough. But it's too late now, they have too many snowflakes to be rolled in the main codex.
>>
>>47742548
Perhaps he's opposed to it because it's not what the rules say?
If we're not playing just to win why do you NEED your dreadnoughts to have 4 attacks other than vanilla SM envy?

Honestly you just sound like a massive cunt for calling people dumbfucks and autists because they won't like you have your way, I'd rather not play games with at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 734x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 734x494
>>47742627
I'd love to be able to use Gorgon Terminators in 40k.
>>
>>47741817
>Derka derka
/pol/ shitposters please go.
>Khornate
Not sure if illiterate or ignorant.
>fanboyism
How so? It has hundreds of Chaos tribesmen dying to kill a handful of loyalist astartes.
>>
>>47742635
Nah, nothing that ambitious. I know that I have no idea what a Death Guard player wants, so I'm not gonna try.

All I did was try and make a sort of 'build your own marine' thing, where you can really mix and match wargear and the level of training they have. Mostly intended for use with undivided Warbands rather than dedicated legions.
>>
>>47742627
the 30k special units are largely made up on the spot

Firedrakes are just what the Salamander first company is called in 40k. 30k turned that into a super special unique unit of terminators. The others don't even have that tangential link.
>>
>>47742589
I like this solution.
>>
File: guardclownin.png (915 KB, 578x789) Image search: [Google]
guardclownin.png
915 KB, 578x789
>>47738390
Why is there no harlequin Eldur in this general image?

This does or does not please Cegorach.
>>
>>47738584
>Tfw you will never play a awesome campaign with battlefleet gothic, epic, and 40k.
;_;
>>
>>47742277
They're extremely cost effective snipers but also easy killpoints.

Run them in a squad of 5, they can still remove weapons, they're still easy kill-points but at only 50 points for the unit they're also a massive waste of shooting. I'd give them a 7/10
>>
File: 1306512124972.jpg (46 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1306512124972.jpg
46 KB, 400x299
Is it possible to be competitive as Tau without becoming a cheeselord? I basically picked up the army on a whim to prevent someone else in my group from playing it (He's a WAAC, "live-with-my-parents-so-I-have-unlimited-disposable-income" tryhard that insists on having "uncounterable" lists) as the campaign we are running prohibits two players playing the same force. Coming from Eldar Corsairs. the JSJ capabilities of the Crisis Suits excites me, but I don't want to make the game unfun for other people.

How do I balance power and fun with Tau?
>>
>>47742650
>Perhaps he's opposed to it because it's not what the rules say?
And? 40k rules are shit. People should houserule more shit.

Even with four attacks, Dreads suck from a competitive standpoint. Upping them to four attacks makes them a somewhat viable unit for more casual games.
>>
>>47739045
dreadnought drop pods, monica
>>
>>47742681
I would kill for the opportunity to use Gal Vorbak in 40k, on the other side of SM.
>>
>>47741817
It's actually Black Legion.
>>
>>47742741
I run worse units unironically, I don't think 2 extra attacks will break them.
Use them if you think they're cool, no need to think about how effective they are.
>>
>>47742740
Just don't spam shit really. Stay away from formations, get a CAD, and don't just bring 20 gundams and nothing else. Don't take multiple MC suits. Don't take a stormsurge. Don't just spam plasma crisis. You'll be fine
>>
>>47742740
don't take any suit larger than a broadside

make sure to mix things up with infantry and tanks in addition to the suits

that's the secret
>>
>>47742463

Thank you murder cousin. I should have probably been more detailed with what I run. I chop and change equipment though.

Warwalkers are almost always Scatter Lasers, I usually go rate of fire. I should point out that my Admech friend loves Shroudpsalm and our play areas are cover heavy so he almost always has a 2+ save.

Vypers tend to either be double shuriken or packing a bright lance.

I have lots to choose from though. Including at least 2 full 10 man units of Harlequins and a Shadowseer and Solitare for allies. I could even call on Mon'keigh Space Wolves of which I also have a lot.

It's just picking off his models which troubles me.

I was thinking of trying a Battlehost formation with the Guardian Defenders with an Aspect Host, backed up with an allied Eldar CAD of Farseer Skyrunner and 2 units of Jetbikes. Guardians though, I mean free missile launchers yeah but still very frail.

I appreciate the advice though. I'll keep these in mind the next time I face him.
>>
>>47742681
Why wouldn't the Hands still use these?
>>47742750
You do. Gal Vorbak is what Word Bears call Possessed Marines.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 610x869) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 610x869
>>47742820
Not him, but posessed absolutely suck compared to Gal Vorbak.
>>
Is the Imperial Guard fun? also is it good?
>>
Picked up an Imperial Knight just to paint today. Intrigued now as to how a 40k force of Knights would work out. Viable without being considered a cock-mongler or pure pish or WAAC central, WAAC state, US of WAAC or other?
>>
>>47742740
Don't run any units newer than their second codex and you can still have very versatile, diverse and powerful army lists.

Add in a Ghostkeel or riptide at 1000+ points is still you with one hand tied behind your back out-duelling your opponent quite often
>>
>>47742852
Yes and yes.

The real question is do you like them?
>>
>>47742783
>I don't think 2 extra attacks will break them.
Doubling their melee capability is a pretty big jump, especially given how absurdly easy it is to lock up dreadnoughts in melee for the entire game.

With a game as terribly balanced as 40k, how can you not think about unit effectiveness. Showing up to a game only to get shitstomped because GW is a pack of incompetent jackals sucks.

The only reason not to give Dreads 4 attacks is because you're a spergmadness that thinks GW's diarrhea-tier rules are sacred commandments handed down from the heavens.
>>
>>47742872
I do. I'd love to play Death Korps army.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.